3.6

1. Nov 5, 2013
    I wanted to hate this game, I really did. The taste left in my mouth after MW3 made me fearful that the franchise had peaked. But after a few hours I really found my groove and had good old fashioned fun. An improvement over MW3 in every way, and I feel, the true successor to MW2., where MW3 felt like MW 2.5. MAp are a little on the large size, but I'm sure that all will be fixed on theI wanted to hate this game, I really did. The taste left in my mouth after MW3 made me fearful that the franchise had peaked. But after a few hours I really found my groove and had good old fashioned fun. An improvement over MW3 in every way, and I feel, the true successor to MW2., where MW3 felt like MW 2.5. MAp are a little on the large size, but I'm sure that all will be fixed on the next gen. Expand
  2. Nov 5, 2013
    Been up playing COD GHOSTS all night and it is fantastic. Single Player is great fun, loads of variety and amazing polish and production values, MP is the best I have ever played from a COD game yet and Extinction mode is absoultely brilliant (if you like Zombies, you will LOVE Extinction). I've got no idea why the press and user scores are so polarised here on Metacritic as THIS GAME ROCKS!
  3. Dec 3, 2013
    I really do not understand the negative reviews this game is getting. All the core elements that make up the call of duty franchise are present and accounted for. I agree it hasn't made any leaps or bounds and charging people £50 for a new short story and some new online maps is perhaps excessive but there is nothing fundamentally wrong with the game itself. The graphics on the PS4 areI really do not understand the negative reviews this game is getting. All the core elements that make up the call of duty franchise are present and accounted for. I agree it hasn't made any leaps or bounds and charging people £50 for a new short story and some new online maps is perhaps excessive but there is nothing fundamentally wrong with the game itself. The graphics on the PS4 are brilliant, the controls are tight as usual. If you want to sit for 4 hours and not see anyone to shoot online get Battlefield, otherwise get COD. Expand
  4. Feb 28, 2014
    The game is good if you want to play GameBattles. But overall it's pretty bad. A campaign without a good story. The multiplayer is bad except for GameBattles that I mentioned earlier.... I have played all of the Call of Duty games and I have to admit. This is the most disappointing one.
  5. May 27, 2014
    Good but short campaign mode, you end up wanting to play more, specially the space and diver missions. Single player parts in the games this days feels more like just a warm up to play the multiplayer game. Finished it in about 6 hours of game play... With that say it was fun and the graphics look really good.
  6. May 22, 2014
    I only played MW2 then got into Ghosts. Campaign was entertaining. Graphics are really good. Lots of customization and character load outs. I struggled at first with multiplayer because I died often, as getting to know the maps takes time. Once I familiarized myself with the maps my KD went up. Currently at 4.5+ on team death match. Once I started to tell the enemy what I started to haveI only played MW2 then got into Ghosts. Campaign was entertaining. Graphics are really good. Lots of customization and character load outs. I struggled at first with multiplayer because I died often, as getting to know the maps takes time. Once I familiarized myself with the maps my KD went up. Currently at 4.5+ on team death match. Once I started to tell the enemy what I started to have fun yes. I still miss MW2. Damn you hackers. Expand
  7. May 27, 2014
    The Story of this CoD Game was in my Opinion the Best of all. Cant wait till Ghosts 2 is released ! The Missions in this are so good and the Graphics are damn good too !
  8. Jul 13, 2014
    this blew my head... or it would if the guy behind me didn't blow my head off first. but seriously this did not feel like another seasonal shooter it felt like a new franchise. the new customization changes who you are literally. you can customize your load out and tailor your class just to your liking. Also they made a new game mode called "extinction" which is a mode where you defeatthis blew my head... or it would if the guy behind me didn't blow my head off first. but seriously this did not feel like another seasonal shooter it felt like a new franchise. the new customization changes who you are literally. you can customize your load out and tailor your class just to your liking. Also they made a new game mode called "extinction" which is a mode where you defeat hordes of aliens. the campaign was like a story that moved me. words cannot describe how i felt. with new challenges being thrown at you you have many very different types of objectives that keeps you on the edge of your seat for whats going to happen next. Expand
  9. Nov 23, 2013
    For years now, the Call of Duty franchise has thrived in todays competitive market, thanks largely in part to its addictive multiplayer. Unfortunately, the series has grown rather infamous for its lack in innovation in between annual releases, and Ghosts is no exception. The franchise's debut on the PlayStation 4 is, while undeniably enjoyable, very... mediocre. The single player campaignFor years now, the Call of Duty franchise has thrived in todays competitive market, thanks largely in part to its addictive multiplayer. Unfortunately, the series has grown rather infamous for its lack in innovation in between annual releases, and Ghosts is no exception. The franchise's debut on the PlayStation 4 is, while undeniably enjoyable, very... mediocre. The single player campaign casts the player as Logan Walker, a young survivor of the destruction of North America. Logan's character often seems two-dimensional, as he never expresses any emotion (or even talk for that matter). Ghosts's lengthy campaign, however, manages to shake things up often enough to keep the experience interesting. Wether your using the stealthily rappelling down skyscrapers, or driving a tank through the desert, Ghosts brings the full cinematic feel we've come to expect with the series. While Ghost's campaign leans between decent and good, the multiplayer is still as robust as ever. Infinity Ward has done a fantastic job in designing the new maps. For the first time in the series, maps contain several dynamic features, ranging from something as small as a tree falling over, to an air strike. While these elements are interesting, they weren't exactly a game changer. Still, they're a step in the right direction for the series. Additionally, player customization has finally been made available. For anyone looking for a new experience, the all new Extinction mode may just be your cup of tea. In Extinction, up to four players can take on hordes of different alien types. This new mode is, while forgettable in the long run, a nice addition the game.The visuals, while still a major upgrade from Ghosts on the last generation, don't exactly scream next-gen. Environments look great from afar, but up close, textures often look messy. Overall, Ghosts has a flawed but fun campaign with all the set pieces you've come to expect, an addictive multiplayer with memorable maps, a new game mode to spice things up, and some neat visuals. While the series has undoubtedly seen better days, Ghosts is still an enjoyable experience. Expand
  10. Jun 25, 2014
    Besides my opinion of Ghosts having a crappy online multiplayer, it's not all bad. The amazing gameplay of the campaign and extinction ties the whole game together.
  11. Apr 1, 2014
    I really like the singel-player game, really detailed and thought through, but I really think the multiplayer is a un-sharpen diamond. It got some flaws with spawn points and I think they should have a little spawn time.
  12. Nov 15, 2013
    lets put all the silly reviews stating a same product and similar things aside and look at this game as a true gamer and review it
    personally ghost is not a bad start as a cross gen/next gen. it does have a lot of potential to go with it. in terms of story the game does manage to offer a "not bad" kind of story, sometimes you hear funny or out of contex dialogues, some of the characters are not deeply discovered or they just act like heros that we have seen a million times. ghost may share a common thing with okder CODs but in fact its whole of a new thing and more or less it is an interesting concept also. in terms if gameplay COD is still what it was as before. kill n go and enjoy explosions and cool action stuff. i am really satisfied with the level of action in the game and its presentation quality. shooting is still fun and the levels are wonderfully varied and it gives us different experiences. i really enjoyed the single player
    graphics: the difference between next gen n current gen is A LOT. on PS4 is much clear than ONE and it does have a better color levels and white levels too. visuals are really glod however they are not tha wOW that you want to give to a next gen game but in general it is really good especially in single mode, in terms of multi graphics are not that different
    multi: its what CoD is about perks are cool, it does take a lot of time to discover what suits you. there has been a balance into to weaponary which is awesome and the smg are not that powerfull anymore. new modes and awesome maps with dynamic stuff in it. highly recommended on next gen and pc due to the reason that current gen level of playes in a match is 12. 18 is better becuz the maps are too big.

recommend: mong all the FPSs out there for ps4, COD can be a good choice if you want a hell of action single player and plenty of fast paced multi player fun. if you looking into smt more tactical i would not recommend this
  13. Nov 18, 2013
    I thought Call of Duty: Ghosts was one of the better Call Of Duties. It brought in some cool new game modes like Cranked, Search and Rescue, and my favorite Hunted. The Sliding feature also made for some extra fun. The Campaign was a solid one in for me. The only complaint was extinction. It can be fun in some ways but could have been a lot better.
  14. May 25, 2014
    The best call of duty yet good graphics amazing campaign and a good special game mode. its the most smooth call of duty I have ever played and I have been playing cod since cod 2 overall a great cod!
  15. Nov 6, 2013
    I have yet to play the game myself but amidst all the negative ratings, I can say this is exactly what you would--and should--expect from another Call of Duty game. People seem to be pissed that the game isn't any different, yet they will probably spend their precious time playing it until another Call of Duty comes out. It goes without saying that Call of Duty is the best in it's league,I have yet to play the game myself but amidst all the negative ratings, I can say this is exactly what you would--and should--expect from another Call of Duty game. People seem to be pissed that the game isn't any different, yet they will probably spend their precious time playing it until another Call of Duty comes out. It goes without saying that Call of Duty is the best in it's league, a fast-paced arcade shooter. Their aim was never to create a realistic war simulator, but an enjoyable gaming experience and I think they succeeded well enough in that.

I feel like people would be more pissed if they changed the game too much. Obviously all of the negative ratings come from either fans of Battlefield who feel obliged to prove their franchise the best. Or people who bought the game and had a bad match etc.

People who bought the game knowing what they're getting into are probably playing it right now, having a good time.
  16. Nov 17, 2013
    I don't know what game the others are playing but my COD Ghosts is awesome! Not only are the graphics sweet as sugar the fact that it runs so smoothly is just icing on the gravy. Extinction is incredible fun and for the first time I actually like the campaign. The definitive version is this one.
  17. Nov 22, 2013
    This is an amazing game, The Singleplayer Campaign really gets emotinal and depicts the horror of the fall of America. Despite being far fetched with a South American Federation declaring war on The United States it is still fun.

Lets move on to the Multiplayer. It changed from being the same thing every year to being being the best innovation for a Next-Gen Launch Title by introducing larger maps, More Game Modes, and Character Customization this is the best COD since COD 2. The Graphics even though havent improved that much is still amazing with the Next Generation. Squads which is Multiplayer with bots is good for getting players new to the series skill and is also fun to experineced players.

Lets move on to Extinction, This is much harder than Treyarchs Zombies. It is a very fun mode with up to four players. It is amazing and everyone who buys this should play this. There is objectives rather than trying to survive endless waves of Zombies and doesnt get stale.

Overall I have new hope for the series after the pile of dung that was Black Ops II. I see more innovations in Infinity Wards CODs coming soon
  18. Jan 1, 2014
    When you write you a game review your meant to be reviewing that specific game and not comparing it to other games but most people compare COD's, in this review however I will be reviewing the game as it stands on this 2/01/2014. (I will be comparing a few things TBH but its hard not to when your writing a COD review.)

The first thing that caught my attention is how stunning this game

The first thing that caught my attention is how stunning this game looks, the new COD engine really stands out here, the 1080p looks amazing and the Sound/Lighting have also been completely re-done which look and sound amazing.

The story is pretty much the same that you get in any other COD, start mission, kill, kill, kill receive orders to move and kill along the way and what really sucks is that even though the game has "Ghosts" in its title meaning "Stealth" there aren't enough stealth missions to actually live up to that name and when there are stealth missions it's the same as its always been, start stealth and end guns blazing. The characters are likable and the general storyline is ok but it's not really enough to make it any different from the last but I still enjoyed it.

The multiplayer it different and same at the same time, it's still the name camping and hardscoping but the 'Create a Solider" and "Clans" is a great implementation and it's pro perks are gone which it ok I guess but the one thing that really pisses me off about multiplayer is the spawns, I have no idea what they've done but what seems to happen is enemies are always behind you even just as you spawn. Other then that multi is ok.

In my 100% personal opinion Squads is and terrible and nothing more then just multiplayer with bots instead of players.

Extinction is cool, its basically IW's attempt at ripping of Zombies but it still works, theres only 1 mission ATM but its pretty good and theres even a leveling system which is pretty nice and I actually generally enjoy leveling, it gives you something to play for in the game instead of just playing it.

I'm pretty happy with this game, it does have random FPS drops but other then that I'm pretty happy.
  19. Nov 24, 2013
    Great graphics, smooth gameplay. Online multiplayer is more of the same but always enjoyable. I prefer this game over MW3. I actually thought the story was good. The Modern Warfare series always jumped around too much for my liking, it was all over the place. CoD Ghosts is more of a cohesive story.
  20. Dec 17, 2013
    COD is back with it's latest, but slightly disappointing, instalment Ghosts. While most of the elements are refined, there's only one thing that holds it down...The story. A problem that has cursed COD for years, this time they try and make it more dramatic and emotional, but because of the un memorable characters, it always fails. However, that doesn't mean the campaigns bad, because itsCOD is back with it's latest, but slightly disappointing, instalment Ghosts. While most of the elements are refined, there's only one thing that holds it down...The story. A problem that has cursed COD for years, this time they try and make it more dramatic and emotional, but because of the un memorable characters, it always fails. However, that doesn't mean the campaigns bad, because its a blast! The locals are brilliant, taking you from space to a an apocalyptic Santa Monica. You'll be frightened as buildings collapse around you, amazed as you take part of a firefight in space, and be shocked as you take control of a dog. But this isn't just window dressing each require new tactics to sucsead, rarther than the old school corridor shooters. Next we have extinction, which at first glance seems to be a zombies clone, but its nothing of the sort. If anything it aspires to be like Left 4 Dead. The aliens are quick, agile and brutal, forcing teams to work together. Squads is also fresh, and incorporates team work. And saving the best till last, we come to multiplayer, which is so AMAZING! I've sunk hours into it! This is mainly because of all new modes, my favorate of which is cranked, where if you kill someone, you have 30 seconds to get another kill or you explode! Overall its a brilliant game that I recomened, but doesn't feel next gen. Expand
  21. Dec 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Man I got to say Ghost looked good in the trailer and then I started playing the game and the game play was so much better than that BULLS@%T game Battlefield. the guns are better in Ghost and it has more options of game play like extinction, safeguard, war game, squad HQ, Squad vs Squad all that battlefield has is multiplayer and campaign and it SUCKED and I want to burn it and piss on the ashes. I give it a 2 out of 10 anyone who plays this game is a noob and has no taste in gaming!!! Expand
  22. Nov 25, 2013
    I have played all the Call of Duty's since the first Modern Warfare. Each year the game has taken a smaller step forward from previous years.

However, I've been blown away by how great the next-gen PS4 particle effects and graphics look. It's stunning how pretty this game is. Bravo !!! Then as far as the single player campaign it's a 5 hour thrill ride. Short... yes... but

Then as far as the single player campaign it's a 5 hour thrill ride. Short... yes... but quality over quantity. I can't think of but a handful of games that even attempt anything this grand. Again... a lot of fun, and a wild ride.

The multiplayer has continued to be refined and is a smooth play with amazing graphics. The changes is are small, and all in all it just feels like quality COD, but nothing very new about it.

I've had a blast playing this game, and hats of to Infinity Ward for putting out a high-quality product.
  23. Nov 18, 2013
    Gameplay threw me off, new interface again. it's been 2 games since it felt like fresh new controls.
    If you ask me whether i'd rather play Black Ops 1 or 2 or Ghosts? I'd say Ghosts no doubt.
    More great modes! inlcuding clan wars. Love Exctinct mode, can't wait for new maps. I wouldn't compare it to zombies. Safeguard in squad mode, now that I would compare to zombies. It's better, and
    More great modes! inlcuding clan wars.
    Love Exctinct mode, can't wait for new maps. I wouldn't compare it to zombies.
    Safeguard in squad mode, now that I would compare to zombies. It's better, and it's pretty damn fun.
  24. Nov 5, 2013
    I really don't see anything wrong with the game, it's exactly what I expected it to be. It has great gameplay and I like what Infinity Ward did with the new streamlined look on the multiplayer side. Great job infinity ward, but I think it could've been better though.
  25. Nov 6, 2013
    Perfect game!! The Single Player is awesome, and multiplayer is awesome too. I realy don't know why people are avaling this game so negative, maybe they are CoD hatters or BF funboys, but it doesn't matter, what matters is that the game is soooooooo much funny and cool, for me, the best of the year!
  26. Nov 5, 2013
    Loved it, it shows a series getting back on track, Black ops 2 wasn't all that great but this is epic! I'v spent four hours on it and I'm impressed. I can understand the negativity though. It's still the same formula
  27. Nov 6, 2013
    The Game is great. What is happening here is that people are rating the FRANCHISE and not this particular INSTALLMENT. If we are going to give 0's because of lack of innovative, then we might as well give 0's to batman, madden, 2k etc. because all they do is SLIGHT innovation as well. This COD changes a lot but still feels the same AESTHETICALLY, which is not a bad thing. The reason whyThe Game is great. What is happening here is that people are rating the FRANCHISE and not this particular INSTALLMENT. If we are going to give 0's because of lack of innovative, then we might as well give 0's to batman, madden, 2k etc. because all they do is SLIGHT innovation as well. This COD changes a lot but still feels the same AESTHETICALLY, which is not a bad thing. The reason why we buy the game is because we are confident we will get the same FEEL with different guns, maps and story mode. Nobody here can argue that any cod made a massive change (to the extent of mario bros--> mario galaxy), yet, the other cod's were welcomed well. For some reason, everyone decided to pick on this one possibly because they finally got tired. However, you getting tired of the SERIES is different from claiming this GAME is bad. Why? Because this game is OBJECTIVELY a better version of MW 1, 2, and 3 and you'd be stupid to say no (the reason why you might think those are "better" is because the MW experience was relatively new).

To rate the game ENTIRELY based on your SUBJECTIVE opinion on lack of improvement is like buying the same pizza every day and being upset that it doesn't taste different every single time. What IW and Treyarch do is add different toppings to the pizza. You are all now tired of pizza and are judging/ blaming the toppings. What you all need to do is simply not order pizza and maybe get a sicilian (Bf4) which is arguably the same thing (more realistic fps) but with more graph...errr i mean.. bread.

Terrible analogy but you get the point

Also, the reason for my stupid "10" score was to balance out the other stupid "0" scores.
  28. Nov 7, 2013
    There is so much hate towards COD for no good reasons. NO game in the world would deserve a 0/10. Yes, every year, Call of duty releases a new game with similar graphics, gameplay, etc. Yet, people still buy these games simply because they know what to expect and they want the same gameplay. "Why fix it if it its broken right?" I'm not going to say this COD is the best one everThere is so much hate towards COD for no good reasons. NO game in the world would deserve a 0/10. Yes, every year, Call of duty releases a new game with similar graphics, gameplay, etc. Yet, people still buy these games simply because they know what to expect and they want the same gameplay. "Why fix it if it its broken right?" I'm not going to say this COD is the best one ever made.... but in order to fight all the Battlefield loves out there who sabotage COD's score, 10/10 is what I'm giving it.... Expand
  29. Nov 19, 2013
    People need to stop giving it such bad scores, it's a good game... 7.5-8 in reality. So much trollin' going on about graphics too, I bet you won't tell when playing PS4 vs. Xbox One. I have both and not sure which to get yet, mainly based on what friends get it for.
  30. Nov 5, 2013
    Between the ages of 12-16 lie a group of people who, with cheetos stains on their shirts, wake up at the stroke of midnight to satisfy their craving for attention by knocking a game they have never played. It is really sad that these kids have absolutely no life but do not feel sorry for them they made the choice to dedicate hours and hours of time to become such a massive reject to theBetween the ages of 12-16 lie a group of people who, with cheetos stains on their shirts, wake up at the stroke of midnight to satisfy their craving for attention by knocking a game they have never played. It is really sad that these kids have absolutely no life but do not feel sorry for them they made the choice to dedicate hours and hours of time to become such a massive reject to the world. These people are trolls Expand
  31. Nov 16, 2013
    I enjoyed it I am only in the third level but so far so. Tons of explosions and great graphics. The Alien extinction is excellent and fun to play. Will play this game for awhile.
  32. Nov 17, 2013
    Lets get this straight, 381 negative reviews. We can guess what competing franchises fans those reviews are being posted by *cough* Battlefield *cough*. But seriously, those reviews are just trolls posting 0's and trying to make their game superior, when it truly is not. The storyline, unlike Battlefields, is excellent, why not, its written by an academy award winning screenwriter. TheLets get this straight, 381 negative reviews. We can guess what competing franchises fans those reviews are being posted by *cough* Battlefield *cough*. But seriously, those reviews are just trolls posting 0's and trying to make their game superior, when it truly is not. The storyline, unlike Battlefields, is excellent, why not, its written by an academy award winning screenwriter. The multiplayer in all honesty is great, but I feel a little repetitive-ness in the mechanics, but lets face it, there isn't to much you can change, kind of like a sports game, its based on something real, then the independent variable is modern warfare while the dependent is the Call of duty franchise. The squads mode is a decent addition, it could've been better, but its alright, I don't see it making a return in the next Infinity Ward game. Extinction is great! Is it as fun and creative as zombies? I don't know, but It is definitely a good addition non the less. By the game, play the game, have fun with the game. 9/10 GamExcellent Expand
  33. Nov 22, 2013
    this is the game that I love and know and want to play forever, killzone no one likes dat game, its all about cod. I love this game so much, this is the game for the hardcore so if ur like me u shuld pick it up
  34. Nov 5, 2013
    This game has what most people want in a shooter; quick to gameplay multiplayer, fair matchmaking and it is designed with practicality in mind. Don't let yourself get influenced by the amount of negative reviews. Play it and see for yourself.
  35. Nov 7, 2013
    Amazing game. Played 10 hours of multiplayer so far and im impressed. The sound is great and the new game is amazing. I've played all COD games and im enjoying this one very much. It's not a perfect game, but nothing that cant be fixed with a patch. Two issues, spawn locations and add more game types.
  36. Nov 7, 2013
    You know what this is not a review. How in the hell can anybody give a review on a game when the system isn't even out yet. I'am ashamed of this generation of gamer's that are here and that are coming. All you wanna do is and argue. You complain with your little console wars. A true gamer doesn't play one system. A true gamer play's everything. P.S this is a rant
  37. Nov 7, 2013
    I never write review but I had to for Ghosts... I honestly can't understand the amount of negative bile that is coming from reviewers. This is pretty much the only COD game I have enjoyed since Modern warfare 2. The campaign is quite astounding after the first 15 minutes. It at least has an interesting story and I actually cared about the characters. Significant step up from Black ops 2I never write review but I had to for Ghosts... I honestly can't understand the amount of negative bile that is coming from reviewers. This is pretty much the only COD game I have enjoyed since Modern warfare 2. The campaign is quite astounding after the first 15 minutes. It at least has an interesting story and I actually cared about the characters. Significant step up from Black ops 2 and Modern warfare 3 Expand
  38. Nov 8, 2013
    The game is not the same. I really don't know what's with people saying COD is the same each year. Each game is special in its own aspect but you never see it. You never experience the difference that each game has. I liked each and every COD game and played it as well. If you knew how to play it, was the best in many lobbies and matches, you'd surely enjoy it. Both multiplayer andThe game is not the same. I really don't know what's with people saying COD is the same each year. Each game is special in its own aspect but you never see it. You never experience the difference that each game has. I liked each and every COD game and played it as well. If you knew how to play it, was the best in many lobbies and matches, you'd surely enjoy it. Both multiplayer and singleplayer. You think something was taken from the other games? Nope.avi. It's fully original, but the people who say that it took things from the other games, those people neither have played the older games, nor the newer ones. Plus, if you want change, instead of on the game itself, write a review on it, saying what you want changed, what you didn't like or did like. Expand
  39. Nov 19, 2013
    I play both bf and cod i started with bf1942 and orig cod, i generally like to take years off from these games because they are repetative, i wanted a similar experience to MW2 and i got it, i really didnt like BO2 or MW3 (i tried them out), big maps mean more tactics and acting like a ninja...i just wanted a generic shooter this year and this is by far the best generic shooter for me,I play both bf and cod i started with bf1942 and orig cod, i generally like to take years off from these games because they are repetative, i wanted a similar experience to MW2 and i got it, i really didnt like BO2 or MW3 (i tried them out), big maps mean more tactics and acting like a ninja...i just wanted a generic shooter this year and this is by far the best generic shooter for me, bf4 tdm is also fun (pc) but i seem to be much better at cod because of that i like it slightly better, but bf4 is more expansive, i give that a 9 as well,

performance issues for cod are nowhere to be found i havent seen stuttering like other people
  40. Nov 8, 2013
    Each year, another call of duty is released, but, is there any change? quite frankly, there's been little to none. Improvements in Multiplayer, though not a huge improvement, its still a small change here and there. But, thats just about it. "small changes". Call of Duty Ghosts is the definitive change that the series needed. A brilliant campaign, A stellar multiplayer improvement withEach year, another call of duty is released, but, is there any change? quite frankly, there's been little to none. Improvements in Multiplayer, though not a huge improvement, its still a small change here and there. But, thats just about it. "small changes". Call of Duty Ghosts is the definitive change that the series needed. A brilliant campaign, A stellar multiplayer improvement with myriads and myriads of content and above all, Extinction. Though Treyarch had zombies, IW managed to somehow make extinction a better mode then zombies. The graphics, if you're blind then maybe yeah, there would be "no" improvement, (or if you're just some other battlefield 4 die-hard.), but, seriously, the visuals of the game is spectacular! Cobine that package and you easily get this year's greatest FPS. Battlefield 4 is a good game, but, it doesn't feel balanced, (as if the series is ever balanced). Bar none the greatest Call Of Duty ever and the greatest FPS of this year. Anyone who disagrees is probably just some other Battlefield 4 fanboy. Expand
  41. Nov 5, 2013
    This content is absolutely amazing. I'll agree that the campain is not as good as Black Ops II, but then still the campain is magnificent. The multiplayer is just great. I have always liked Infinety Ward way better than Treyarch. This may be why I am such a fan of this game it reminds me of MW3 and I absolutly loved that game.
  42. Nov 26, 2013
    The best CoD since MW1 +2 .

+ Finally, a new graphics engine The game runs again with 60 permanent frames and already feels like the old parts awesome on the movement and aiming . + Finally back bigger maps! So also again recoil from the weapons important as was the case already in MW1 +2 . + The new Perkmodus is very complex and like it very very much! + Improved Killstreaks
    The best CoD since MW1 +2 .

+ The new Perkmodus is very complex and like it very very much!

+ Improved Killstreaks Radar anti radar has been removed Very good Activision !

+ The soldiers level system I like also very good in multiplayer. They can also be equipped with new clothes and there is finally the famous MW1 "Sniper Grass Cloth .

+ Soldiers troops Mode Very awesome You can play up his own squad The ki takes over the other That brings hundreds of hours of game play The AI is even to very good (I do not know a shooter with better AI )

+ Alien mode: Ghosts vs Zerg Starcraft2 is a very brilliant op mode makes a lot of fun with friends and brings again a few hours of game play .

+ The new registration system of weapons is MUCH better than BO2 No, there are no overpowered weapons. I can use any weapon to defeat someone. The new Perksystem you can also get many abilitys reach for small medium and long range SMG Rifle Sniper .

+ The sound such steps was adjusted back to the old share .

+ Single Player I have not tried yet .

- A few cards are kinda too big
    - Connection Problems (but the quantity playing the game no wonder .

10/10 Buy it!
  43. Jan 10, 2014
    Ghosts is an excellent game, don't be fooled by the haters, if call of duty is your thing then buy it, you won't be disappointed. However if you are a pseudo intellectual hipster you may want to get it anyway even if just to give you something to whinge about, or not ( who cares what they think ).
  44. Dec 29, 2013
    A lot of people have been trained to hate COD but as my first COD game, I have to say it's really amazing.

The single player campaign is great and every level is unique, you could be using stealth one level, underwater the next, in space the next and then defending a ship! The story and campaign itself is great compared to nearly any FPS of it's kind. Squads is the best thing I've

Squads is the best thing I've ever seen in an online FPS.
    Multiplayer is great and the game is beautiful on the PS4.
  45. Mar 28, 2014
    Where can I start, the graphics for a cross platform game are quite damn good, with realistic lighting, smooth smoke/fog effects and no texture pop in and screen tearing. The campaign for a modern shooter is filled with typical hollywood effects and explosive sequences. Because the campaign mode is not at the heart of the game it doesn't hold the game back too much. The multiplayer isWhere can I start, the graphics for a cross platform game are quite damn good, with realistic lighting, smooth smoke/fog effects and no texture pop in and screen tearing. The campaign for a modern shooter is filled with typical hollywood effects and explosive sequences. Because the campaign mode is not at the heart of the game it doesn't hold the game back too much. The multiplayer is where it's at it is filled with tons of contents such as maps, modes, weapons, tactical equipment, attachments, reticles, skins, camos etc. The maps are extremely well made, there are truly diverse and colourful and filled with potential for your little playground. There is so much content to keep you entertained for months and months. I love it! Expand
  46. Dec 26, 2013
    Graphics: The graphics are a step up from the last generation consoles, but it isn’t the best on the PS4. It is still without a doubt the best looking Call of Duty game, but compared to Battlefield 4 and Killzone Shadow Fall it still falls short to really impress. 8.5.

Sound: The soundtrack featuring Eminem is a nice addition, the gun sounds actually sound more realistic than the previous MW3 title. The voice acting is average but nothing spectacular, some of the dialog may seem kind of dull. The tactics in the voice acting (during gameplay) seems professional, its just some of the main characters that may sound corny at times. 9.

Gameplay: This is by far the best campaign I have played, not the best story experience, but indeed the best scripted events in a Call of Duty game. The levels do a great job of providing enough action, and stealth gameplay, it’s a good mix that keeps you interested in playing the campaign. The multiplayer side is Call of Duty, it seems very similar to previous titles, and only the guns feel slightly different. The game modes, new characters, and even a new extinction mode (like a zombies mode), but still its very similar to past Call of Duty titles. With that said, COD has had its formula and it is very popular which is why each year’s addition will only seem minor changes. 9.5.

Story: The story is your average die hard action game, or comparison to the movie industry, a popcorn flick. It can leave you on the edge of your seat or just in complete boredom. For me, I enjoyed it, there were corny parts but it ended on a strong note. 9.

Replay Value: Campaign seemed a little longer than the previous COD games (I play all COD’s on veteran), it was definitely easier, but also very fun. Multiplayer is still the arcady COD gameplay that can be addicting. Spec Ops doesn't’t see a return but survival (now known as squads), and a new extinction mode (which looks like the developers will be building on that, probably through DLC). I can recommend this game to any COD fan, if you know COD, you know why you’re purchasing this game, and it will be worth the experience you want. 10.

Overall Score: 9.2 out of 10.
  47. Dec 16, 2013
    I've owned every COD, put in thousands of hours into them. With that being said, with next gen coming and after reading all of the reviews. I had come to the conclusion that I was going to try out battlefield for the first time...but it was because I wanted to be blown visually by my new console and with all the complaining about the old COD engine, the choice was obvious. But BattlefieldI've owned every COD, put in thousands of hours into them. With that being said, with next gen coming and after reading all of the reviews. I had come to the conclusion that I was going to try out battlefield for the first time...but it was because I wanted to be blown visually by my new console and with all the complaining about the old COD engine, the choice was obvious. But Battlefield was broken, and a month and a half latter still is. So I got tired of waiting and bought COD.

Very happy with my decision. First of all, it's important to respect (probably because i'm an older gamer) that activision is a company a they're main goal is to make money. The money is still with old gen, so I can understand them not developing the game for new gen. But still the game looks awesome. The lighting, the color...And it's like the more you play the more you pick up on details...for a game that was ported they did a great job making it work flawlessly on both system (which others couldn't do because BF4 on old gen is horrible) so trying to make everyone happy was nearly impossible and they still succeeded.

The campaign is way more fun than BF4...action is fluid and flows nicely.

What has received the most negative comments is the maps...which i find excellent especially on ground war (18 players). I really hated the three corridor map system on BO2. Basically run in a straight line t'ill you get killed then start over...for kids on ritalin. The maps on Ghots remind a lot of the ones from MW2. Multi leveled...complex that pushes you to be creative and use teamwork. Seriously for all the people complaining against Infinity Ward...Well I say bravo. The gun are well balanced, the shooting is smooth, hit detection is spot on. And from the first moment of play, I literally felt like a was playing a new game. The sliding and peaking at first seems useless, but the more you play the more it makes for incredible WTF moments that you wouldn't want to play without, that can only happen in the fast paste COD environment.

The only thing that I find hard to cope with, is the damn thermal scope being so easy to access and easy to use. People just lay down in bush and shoot people coming throught. But with the complex map system they're easy to get to from other angles.

I Give COD 9/10, because I buy COD to play COD. They delivered a solid COD and I got more than what I expected.

Thank you Infinity Ward for a great game.
  48. Nov 27, 2013
    For a week, Ghosts sat on my shelf, taunting me as I was waiting for the launch of the PS4 and finally, I was able to experience the next generation of Call of Duty. I've always been a CoD fan, but Modern Warfare was what captured me. Sadly, I feel like every new addition into the franchise has not come close to the original Modern Warfare but I have to admit, Ghosts is definitely a stepFor a week, Ghosts sat on my shelf, taunting me as I was waiting for the launch of the PS4 and finally, I was able to experience the next generation of Call of Duty. I've always been a CoD fan, but Modern Warfare was what captured me. Sadly, I feel like every new addition into the franchise has not come close to the original Modern Warfare but I have to admit, Ghosts is definitely a step in the right direction. The campaign was awesome in my opinion. From fighting through urban cities, thick forests, all the way to space itself, I enjoyed it very much. My only issue was that I never really "connected" with the characters. They never really felt very memorable like Ghost himself, Cpt. Price, or Soap.

The multiplayer though, I felt like received some good additions and upgrades. I personally like the larger maps. Gives the player more options or approaches at attacking the enemy. The new Squad Points system was a change but after you get used to it, it's pretty good. They also changed the Perks system and groups everything into a class so you can decide what kind of player you want to be whether it's full assault or more stealth based. The weapons and customization is about the same as years past, but if you're good at something, why change it?

And with that, I feel like Ghosts was a solid addition into the franchise. With an entertaining campaign and solid multiplayer, it definitely set the foundation for future next generation Call of Duty's with room to improve an weak areas.
  49. Nov 30, 2013
    Its'a good game but it has a piece of mw2 that is the final in mw2 finishes that soap is hurt and here logan that is the protagonist is hurt at the start of the game that is the próloge .when i saw the final didn't like very much beacuse the antogonist i think that won
  50. Nov 30, 2013
    Hilarious reviews from some people. Things like "each year I buy Call of Duty and I really believed this one would be different to all the others" really!?!? I would've given this a solid 8/10 you know what you're gonna get with a COD game and it doesn't disappoint. I gave it a 10 because there are some really tools on this site given a game like this a 0. Behave.
  51. Dec 8, 2013
    This is ridiculous. Call of Duty Ghosts does not deserve a 2.9 user rating. If anything, the critic reviews are spot on, maybe even a little low. While I haven't play as much as I should to do a review, hopefully I could come back and edit (New to Meta) Anyways, so far I have played a little CP and a little MP. The MP is solid, way more customizations, guns, and things to do! The levels IThis is ridiculous. Call of Duty Ghosts does not deserve a 2.9 user rating. If anything, the critic reviews are spot on, maybe even a little low. While I haven't play as much as I should to do a review, hopefully I could come back and edit (New to Meta) Anyways, so far I have played a little CP and a little MP. The MP is solid, way more customizations, guns, and things to do! The levels I have played were all fairly decent. No more SMG fest or nothing like Black ops 2. All guns work well in certain situations.. No more I shot him and he didn't die hitmarkers.. No lag so far. Fun all around, and actually playable unlike Bops. The campaign so far is like any COD, but with better graphics and more intense gameplay. This is where I will stop, because I haven't played enough. Anyways, do NOT listen to the BF fans or whatever the heck is going on. Deal with it people, its not Black Ops! Re adjust and go to war! If I can come back and edit this I will. As for now, I will give it a 8. It could either go up or down, depending on my experiences, but not by much. Expand
  52. Dec 6, 2013
    10 becoz is for ps4 and ps4 iz te bes consoel eber.
    go soni xbox juan iz crap
    soni da bezt micrsofot sucs.
    i m goin to buy all cod gosts dcl becoz my firend told me i will plai as a pro
  53. Jan 7, 2014
    Look, although highly unrealistic and following a formula that past games have laid the foundations for, this game proves extremely entertaining, (much like a James Bond film does)

I fee the people leaving extremely negative reviews (below 5) seem to have lost the ability to criticise a title without completely writing it off. Don't expect a groundbreaking title with lots of

Don't expect a groundbreaking title with lots of surprises (nor should you from a sequel to a long running franchise) but if you like first person shooters with solid production value and great multiplayer, Call Of Duty Ghosts is for you.

I bought both COD and battlefield and I can say that although Battlefield has a little more to offer visually (it's not as drastic as many reviews seem to think), both are beautiful games and run buttery smooth on the PS4.

I am rating it 10 to help balance out the negative reviews (I would probably say 8/10 otherwise), extremely entertaining and the multiplayer is lots of fun, one of the better games in the series.
  54. Jan 19, 2014
    I dont know, I have played the old call of duty on PS2 this one is on the PS4 and I love it. I think it is awesome. Now granted I have been out of the gaming arena for some time and now I am back, as far as I can tell this game is up there in my mind as GOLD baby.
  55. Jan 22, 2014
    Call of Duty: Ghosts is a great shooter. But it's exactly what you'd expect from a Call of Duty game, and that's where I think people start to dislike it. It feels familiar and stretched out, but at the same time it puts little twists on the great franchise. The campaign isn't bad, it's short, but only if you play in one sitting, stretch it out and enjoy it. The only bad thing about theCall of Duty: Ghosts is a great shooter. But it's exactly what you'd expect from a Call of Duty game, and that's where I think people start to dislike it. It feels familiar and stretched out, but at the same time it puts little twists on the great franchise. The campaign isn't bad, it's short, but only if you play in one sitting, stretch it out and enjoy it. The only bad thing about the single-player stroy is that Riley, the dog, doesn't play a bigger role. Early on, when news started to come out about Ghosts, it showed an emphasis on Riley, and that's what I want. I didn't much like the over-the-top battles of single player and was happy to find that Infinity Ward added some stealth. I want to play as the two brothers, lost in an unforgiving, post-apocalyptic America. Instead, they tease this and quickly put you in the middle of the action. Multiplayer isn't new, just "different." It's a little tricky to get a handle on the perks menu, but after a couple days of trying the different options, you'll find one you like. The gameplay is fun and for the first time ever, equal. A new player can jump in the action and have as good of a chance of winning as a veteran player. I was never too into multiplayer games, I need a story, but this game is fun and kept me well-entertained for a couple months. Extinction is a great addition as well. It's challenging and fast-paced, unlike the rival, Nazi Zombies. I found that the zombies mode in Treyarch's Call of Duty games got old after the first couple maps. Sure the new maps will seem cool at first, but after a couple days, I found myself playing the same three maps. Extinction is a bold adventure, and it is executed flawlessly. The map does get old, but the first maps always have little problems. With more variety, extinction could become a big side game. People are rough on Ghosts, I don't like most multiplayer games and even I enjoyed this one. If you want something new, don't buy it, but if you want to play the Call of Duty franchise you fell in love with, by all means, buy it. Give it a chance. Expand
  56. Apr 8, 2014
    Very addictive game. People say it's bad because they either suck or they hate the Call of Duty series. Some of you guys are just saying that Call of Duty: Ghosts is bad because it is. No, it's not because it's bad, it's actually because Ghosts is a difficult game, even on singleplayer. Rate me bad all you want, do your worst!
  57. Jan 30, 2014
    This game is highly under rated it was a amazing game if you think that this game is like the rest than you have not played it. It has none of the same guns aside from the grenade. Most of you think that it is bad because you like battlefield or just have a hatred toward any COD and im not a battlefield hater it is a great and amazing game one of my favorites. But COD will always be theThis game is highly under rated it was a amazing game if you think that this game is like the rest than you have not played it. It has none of the same guns aside from the grenade. Most of you think that it is bad because you like battlefield or just have a hatred toward any COD and im not a battlefield hater it is a great and amazing game one of my favorites. But COD will always be the leader of FPS shooters. Infinity Ward is not out for the money they want to create a great game but because of all of your biased reviews people who have never played the game will think it is terrible so next time right a fair review. The multiplayer is amazing as usual and the single player is good too. Expand
  58. Feb 6, 2014
    The game is honestly about a seven but the idiots on metecritic that give this game a zero for simply being call of duty are ridiculous. i admit that its not the best game but a game like lococycle isnt even a zero. so people need to stop crying about call of duty doing what its done best since world at war.
  59. Feb 13, 2014
    Objectively Call of Duty: Ghosts is a solid first person shooter with an average single player but an excellent multiplayer. Nevertheless the graphics are not very impressive.
  60. Apr 29, 2014
    this game is amazing when it first came out, after abit it gets abit boring, theres was alot of bugs with this game when it first came out but they sorted it all out, the game is just like other call of dutys, they need to cdo something big and change something like making campaign online, i duno but the need to do something big to make call of duty the way it was when it first came out.
  61. Jun 30, 2014
    Cannot understand the low user score of just 3.4, this game does not deserve that score, yeah its not the best COD and could be a lot better but 3.4?? really!!?? - i enjoyed the story and the graphics are good, the online is the same old COD style as every year. Its not the best game on the ps4 but its certainly not a 3.4 standard game
  62. Aug 12, 2014
    Call of Duty Ghosts turned out to be a GREAT addition to the series. It's unfortunate that the entire community asked for something new - like Battlefield's larger maps - and pleaded for innovations on the same old COD gameplay, but revolted when they actually got it. Ghosts gameplay mechanics and hit-box detection are amazing. The loadout system provides the greatest degree ofCall of Duty Ghosts turned out to be a GREAT addition to the series. It's unfortunate that the entire community asked for something new - like Battlefield's larger maps - and pleaded for innovations on the same old COD gameplay, but revolted when they actually got it. Ghosts gameplay mechanics and hit-box detection are amazing. The loadout system provides the greatest degree of customization to date. Sadly, most of the very same people who were so vocal about wanting change didn't give Ghosts a chance because it was so different from the game they knew. They weren't good at it right away and quit. It's too bad because after playing Ghosts for the last 10 months - it's grown on me to the point where I consider it the best COD so far. Expand
  63. Nov 9, 2014
    its a real beautiful and action game. even my family which are hate video games, like it. it has a good graphic and its game-play is full of action and excitation.
    in one game, you are in helicopter, a diver in reef , a soldier, a sniper , ....
  64. Dec 2, 2013
    When I see the start of a user review with 'Dont play this game' or This game is terrible' I immediately think hater and regardless of whether it was good or not they were never going to score it well. So skip all those reviews scoring 0 or 1 just wasting the space on here. Oh the game is sweet I like it a lot.
  65. May 6, 2014
    While not as good as most of the latest CoD games, this has the variety and the set pieces that define the CoD quality of the post-CoD4 era. It has a better campaign than BF and while it doesn't have an identity as previous CoD's (the dog is mostly unrelated... jeez marketing...) and the bad guy SUCKS A$$, it still manages through the variety of the levels and the setpieces to make it toWhile not as good as most of the latest CoD games, this has the variety and the set pieces that define the CoD quality of the post-CoD4 era. It has a better campaign than BF and while it doesn't have an identity as previous CoD's (the dog is mostly unrelated... jeez marketing...) and the bad guy SUCKS A$$, it still manages through the variety of the levels and the setpieces to make it to the AAA games.

The story could be a lot better and a lot more original, but it distincts itself through a few details (the dog, space and the sea) I don't believe that Ghosts can make what Modern Warfare did, but I would like to see the follow-up to the story. This is the worst of the 3 CoD franchises (Modern Warfare and Black Ops being the other 2) but still better than the BF stories.

Thank God, the multi is there.... though the aliens are not up to par with the zombies...
  66. Mar 24, 2014
    Never in my gaming career have i given a Call of Duty game a perfect score... However, Ghosts truly deserves it! Not only does this game feature a refined multiplayer experience but a truly awesome alien themed co-op experience that is a welcome change of pace from the usual zombies! Now put both of those things aside, the real reason to come to Ghosts is for is amazing single playerNever in my gaming career have i given a Call of Duty game a perfect score... However, Ghosts truly deserves it! Not only does this game feature a refined multiplayer experience but a truly awesome alien themed co-op experience that is a welcome change of pace from the usual zombies! Now put both of those things aside, the real reason to come to Ghosts is for is amazing single player campaign! The story is told in a truly masterful fashion and features some crazy set pieces that really have to be seen to be believed! If you are a fan of the Call of Duty series odds are you already have Ghosts. If you're someone who has given up on the series I implore you to give Ghosts a try, you won't be sorry that you did! Expand
  67. Nov 29, 2013
    You know, I'm so sick of this hater BS on this site. I bet, out of the 458 people who gave this game a low score, only 20 of them actually played the game. This is beyond pathetic for people to do this sh** to a game they probably never even played before. You people need to shut the fu** up and get a life.
    Anyway, this is my opinion on the game.
    Story 8/10 Not original, full of
    Anyway, this is my opinion on the game.
    Story 8/10
    Not original, full of cliches, but at the same time, its a darn good one. Its not perfect, but the missions did make my heart race at times, so I'm actually very pleased with this campaign.
    Graphics 8/10
    On PS4, Ghosts looks ten times better than its god awful looking PS3 counterpart. Texture quality is great, gameplay is very fluid, and the controls are as smooth as ever. Only negative thing though, there are framerate issues that are very noticeable.
    Gameplay 9/10
    Still the same as before, but still solid. There are some improvements to it, CQC is more challenging, and the difficulty helps with it, you die faster on the higher difficulties, and not every mission will feel the same.
    Online 7/10
    Honestly, I don't care much for CoD Mp anymore. This game's Mp is solid, but at the same time, forgettable. The new game modes, however, are fun to play, especially Ground War since the maps are huge now.
    Coop 8/10
    There are two Coop modes for this game, Extinction and Safeguard. Extinction is somewhat similar to Treyarch's zombies mode, but instead uses aliens and involves a actual objective. This is fun, challenging, and feels fresh and new for CoD. Safeguard is basically MW3 Survival, but with 4 players instead of two. It is definitely better with 4 people, but I honestly think the original Survival was better.
    Verdict 8/10
    Ghosts is definitely worth the time to play on the PS4. Mp may leave something more to be desired, but the campaign and coop modes make up for an, otherwise, forgettable experience.
  68. May 11, 2014
    Stock Standard COD, nothing really new here, still fun tho, especially multiplayer. Graphics are better than previous editions but I'm expecting the next instalment to take it to another level.
  69. Mar 28, 2015
    Call of Duty: Ghosts is the best on Playstation 4. The game runs smoothly, as the gameplay feels really good. Out of all the options to play, this version is the one to go to.
  70. Jun 28, 2014
    cod ghosts não é tão ruim assim como todos dizem... a campanha é o que todo jogador de call of duty espera, os gráficos decepcionam, mesmo sendo bom todos esperavam algo melhor até mesmo no ps4. o multiplayer não chega aos pés de black ops 2 pela baixa quantidade de armas e jogabilidade quanto ao bo2, o jogo está mais difícil no multiplayer, pois as armas matam mais rápido e os mapas pelocod ghosts não é tão ruim assim como todos dizem... a campanha é o que todo jogador de call of duty espera, os gráficos decepcionam, mesmo sendo bom todos esperavam algo melhor até mesmo no ps4. o multiplayer não chega aos pés de black ops 2 pela baixa quantidade de armas e jogabilidade quanto ao bo2, o jogo está mais difícil no multiplayer, pois as armas matam mais rápido e os mapas pelo incrível que pareça, são maiores, ruins e FAVORECEM OS CAMPERS!!!!! joguem apenas se forem realmente fãs de call of duty ou CAMPERS. Expand
  71. Feb 19, 2015
    I find this game awesome because of the DLCs are interesting. Onslaught is cool but I still want the 3 other Map packs. Hell the skins camo for guns I find the most interesting, under $5. An average CoD game.
  72. Aug 26, 2015
    This new chapter in the Call of Duty franchise features a unique dynamic in which players are on the side of a crippled nation fighting not for freedom, or liberty, but simply for survival. 10 years after a devastating mass event, the nation's borders and the balance of global power have been permanently redrawn. As what's left of the nation's Special Operations forces, a surreptitiousThis new chapter in the Call of Duty franchise features a unique dynamic in which players are on the side of a crippled nation fighting not for freedom, or liberty, but simply for survival. 10 years after a devastating mass event, the nation's borders and the balance of global power have been permanently redrawn. As what's left of the nation's Special Operations forces, a surreptitious group known only as "Ghosts" leads the fight back against a newly emerged, technologically-superior global power. There are over 20 NEW Kill Streaks in Call of Duty: Ghosts — such as Juggernaut Maniac, Helo-Scout, Vulture and the ODIN Strike. You can even bring in Riley, from the single-player campaign, as your guard dog to warn you when enemies approach, and to attack enemies if they get too close to your person. Expand
  73. Oct 5, 2015
    good game but story play is very shot. jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj
  74. Oct 15, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is **** amazing! I love the song called Year Zero and From the Pinnacle to the Pit. Papa's performance in this game is stellar. There is more than 1 ghost which is interesting. The gameplay is very innovative. I will consider suicide Expand
  75. Oct 29, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. As you start the game there is some thrills along the ride. The main characters dad dropped Rorke in the flood and you realize the guys dad was a ghost. This game was very fun and the hate was useless. Expand
  76. May 29, 2016
    I noticed i am very far away from the average ratings here. I do believe that is down to type of game play. I am a single player gamer (largely due to to many fanatics out there with too much time on their hands, camping and cheating their way to victory) anyway, Single game play is really good. A good tactical shooter game with a nice story throughout. So for that i give it an 8, forI noticed i am very far away from the average ratings here. I do believe that is down to type of game play. I am a single player gamer (largely due to to many fanatics out there with too much time on their hands, camping and cheating their way to victory) anyway, Single game play is really good. A good tactical shooter game with a nice story throughout. So for that i give it an 8, for multi player perhaps read all the other reviews. Expand
  77. Nov 18, 2015
    Great online play, Campaign was fairly good, a bit to predictable. (no futuristic bullcrap, its not halo!!) Sick of all the mockers, of good games! Not as good as the original Black Ops, but, the game, has a poor user score, so a 10/10 should help... It deserves better than a 3.5/10!
  78. Jul 23, 2016
    This game seems to be hated on for no good reason whatsoever probably because the cod community is cancer and moan about everything. While it is not anything special it is a very well made game. The campaign is as good as all the other call of dutys; it has an interesting story, fun levels and of course the best fps gunplay ever. The multiplayer is also very fun, there are many differentThis game seems to be hated on for no good reason whatsoever probably because the cod community is cancer and moan about everything. While it is not anything special it is a very well made game. The campaign is as good as all the other call of dutys; it has an interesting story, fun levels and of course the best fps gunplay ever. The multiplayer is also very fun, there are many different weapons and perks and you can play using a lot of different tactics and is very intense if you don't usually play mp games. The co op extinction mode is actually awesome and superior to zombies; you can actually beat it and is pretty challenging as well as featuring a good levelling system and challenges that force you to play different like electrocute x zombies or have a certain level of accuracy, which really makes for a great and addictive experience and one of the best co op modes ive ever played. It is a solid game that is definately worth playing unless you've got bored by the yearly cod release. Expand
  79. Feb 18, 2016
    I just played the game and found it to be one of my favorite COD's of all time. The combat was amazing and the story was intriguing. The campaign was a little short but other than that it was a pretty great game.
  80. Mar 25, 2016
    i know many people didn't liked the story..even i also didn't..but the game play is good..and when u play it offline with your siblings u enjoy it a lot..secondly it doesn't have any robotic tech like black ops III which is good..now it is available for a very less amount..if u have tight budget u must go for it
  81. May 3, 2016
    Hands down the best experience when it comes to cod! I miss the good old ghost days, it was one of the greatest games of all time, better then The witcher 3, skyrim, darksouls, doom 1 and 2, quake and unreal. every game is terrible in comparison!
  82. Sep 25, 2016
    This game is definitely offers something different from the COD: MW1 and MW2 in terms of the single player campaign. I can't say much about the multiplayer and I don't like to play multiplayer.

The story and characterisation I would say is similar in terms of term of depth to the MW1 and MW2, but for any COD games in general, if you are looking for a strong story with character development, look elsewhere. It is so so. There is not enough dialogue and back story to build relationships between different major characters in the game, ie. family and Ghosts crew to make you care or be emotionally involved. I think the story structure is on the right path, but not enough cinematic scenes to make it epic enough. The artistic cinematic in between missions attempt to narrate the story, but it is so boring as it lacks emotion. There is also not enough story telling to convince me of the villain's motivations for revenge. it's way too simplistic.

There is also not enough history or backstory for the civil war that is happening. You wonder what really started the war and rebellion?

In terms of single story gameplay, it's really fun and unique. I like the fact there are gun fights underwater, and even in space. The remote drone control is fun to use but a bit overpowered imo. The element of stealth really shines during underwater fights and in scaling down window panes down a sky scraper during the night to hack computers. It would of been fun if there was a puzzle or make hacking require more skill.

The one thing I was disappointed by was the graphics, it does seem like PS3 graphics.

It's a game well worth playing if you can get it cheap.
  83. Nov 19, 2013

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Mar 10, 2014
    Call of Duty: Ghosts isn’t treading any new ground, but the single player campaign is still a memorable one. But with each installment it’s getting harder and harder to get excited about Call of Duty’s multiplayer. Refining the same ideas over and over again is no longer enough, the multiplayer is in dire need of a complete re-design. [Nov 2013]
  2. Playing into the new generation, Ghosts gains a new edge with DualShock 4 and beautiful graphics.
  3. Jan 3, 2014
    Call of Duty is a series that is oftentimes criticized for making the same game year after year, which is of course totally true and Ghosts is no exception. It even feels like a step back. The campaign is devoid of anything interesting and even the online part feels uninspired. It’s not a bad game by any means but it’s like its predecessors, only worse.