7.1

1. Mar 7, 2014
    I know eventually the PS4 will be a worthy purchase, and the start of a consoles life is always ropey. But PSN giving subscribers games like Dead Nation is an absolute insult. This game was already offered free (which I declined for better games such as Infamous). And after giving us week after week of terrible games 'Don't Starve' and finally giving us the great Outlast they resort back to cheap old last gen (megadrive style) games.

Dead Nation plays like Smash TV or Alien Breed (really old games) and the Easter egg top down zombie shooter from Black Ops (not Zombies, the one you unlock on the computer screen in the menu room). Basically there is nothing more to this game than going from one pitch black generic arena to the next shooting what I think (because the pixels are so small, dark and badly animated) are the walking dead. I think anyway, it may just be hordes of annoyed PS4 gamers tying to kill the idiot who thought they would fob us off with this rubbish in the month of March!

Oh, I forgot, you can upgrade weapons. And… that’s it. I having nothing more to say. You just go from one dimly lit area to the next, no variety, no change no great set pieces, just a long dull boring repetitive drone through dark black horrible arenas. So to sum it up, we have bought a 400.00 brand new console (next gen) and we pay our 40.00 subscription for PSN and we are given… wait for it…. A game which could have been amazing on the commodore 64 in the 80s.

But it’s kind of free (ish). So can we complain? Make the decision your self, but to me it was a waste of hard drive space and it feels like this month PSN didn’t give us anything. But there’s always next month, maybe we will get Space Invaders 2014 or Pack man 12. SORT IT OUT SONY, because the idea of an xbox one and Titanfall is getting more and more desirable!
  2. Mar 16, 2014
    I've now updated my review, after playing a decent amount more of Dead Nation, and I can happily say that the game is better than I thought it was.The significant issues are still there with the Aiming being too sensitive, the gameplay being fairly dull, and the levels not being open enough, but the mechanics work better than I first thought, and it is more entertaining than I first expected.
  3. Mar 4, 2014
    What is so different about this game? This is coming from me a huge Dead Nation fan, but this is just the PS3 version on your ps4 console nothing added to the graphics, no gameplay mechanic is improved, and nothing else is added. This is horrible for me who has played the whole game on ps3, but nothing is different, showing that PS4 is extremely desperate to have games on its console, but failing miserably. I give this game a 0 because this is not acceptable, stop with this **** and make actual games for ps4, just like Xbox one is making more games than you! idiots Expand
  4. Mar 13, 2014
    This game is the retarded and ugly cousin of Super Stardust And Resogun. Dead Nation was a game on the PS3 and now it has got a remake on the PS4. This was the first time playing Dead Nation so i came in with a open mind, The game does not take advantage of the PS4 it looks like i was playing the original game on the PS3. The controls are the worst, every time i went to throw a grenade or flare i sprinted across the screen. The Game is dark and hared to see and the some zombies just stood there as i walked passed them instead of following me like a normal zombie. the game is free for PS+ Members and thats were i got it from and its not worth the download. Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition gets 0/10 an epic fail Expand
  5. Mar 7, 2014
    They already gave me this game as compensation for handing all my personal information and credit card data to Eastern European hackers. Over time I was able to forgive them and upon taking them back with the stipulation that I agree to help pay for a better, safer online experience they rewarded me with the same boring top down shooter.
  6. Mar 21, 2014
    How this game has got as many positive reviews is a mystery to me.

In fairness im not a fan of top down view games and for this reason alone I wont give it the 0 I want to, but there is just no fun here. Just walk, shoot, run, shoot, do the same and then repeat until the end.

This wouldn't be so so bad I guess, I mean that's what games like COD and Halo have made millions from doing
    but at least with them you get the graphics and some interesting characters from time to time.

Stay away unless you like mindless shooters without the thrills.

1. May 11, 2014
    As the Dead Nation moves from PS3 to PS4, only little has changed. The textures are a notch sharper and there's a new game mode, that demonstrates the streaming capabilities of the PS4, but other than that, the game is the same four year-olds old top-down zombie shooter. It's still a solid shooter, but nowadays the zombies are literally EVERYWHERE. [Apr 2014]
  2. Is (currently) free, looks better, and you can now be messed with by stream-watching gamers. What's not to love? [May 2014, p76]
  3. Dead Nation's plot is as substantial as a slice of Bernard Matthews turkey ham. [May 2014, p.86]