8.0

1. Aug 19, 2014
    Finally this is the definitive edition of Diablo 3. Any fan of Diablo should play this right away. Well worth the money. So much content in this game that it will make your head spin.
  2. Aug 19, 2014
    At first i was a little disappointed as although everything looks a bit shinier it doesnt look like THAT great an improvement graphically. Thats where the disappointment ended, Blizzard have changed the game in so many little ways from the PS3 that never even seemed to be an issue but they improved it anyway, too many to list here but as a fan of the first rendition on the PS3 i can sayAt first i was a little disappointed as although everything looks a bit shinier it doesnt look like THAT great an improvement graphically. Thats where the disappointment ended, Blizzard have changed the game in so many little ways from the PS3 that never even seemed to be an issue but they improved it anyway, too many to list here but as a fan of the first rendition on the PS3 i can say that this upgrade is worth every penny. Plus the new Crusader class was built for me i LOVE it! Also the fact the loading times are practically zero means this is already worth the money before you even started! Expand
  3. Nov 1, 2014
    I have played this for hours, hoping for SO much more based on the reviews. It is a truly dull, repetitive game. I simply don't understand how this floats anyone's boat in the modern gaming universe. Primitive gaming. Lame is the word that comes to mind. I can only imagine a child enjoying this.
  4. Aug 31, 2014
    I had to write a review after so many praises for this game. For me this game is really boring and repetitive. After playing 5 mins there is not much new you can do. Sure you can upgrade your gear, get new skills but basically its just same button smashing all over again.

Even the graphics are so boring that in the crypt you might accidentally run backwards for 5 mins before realising you have been there before.
    The only reason to get this game is same coach co-op. But I would wait that the price drops to 15$ or less.
  5. Aug 20, 2014
    I pre-ordered this game, having never played any of the Diablo series before, because I like the few 'dungeon' games I've played before; Skyrim, KOA:R, etc.

I have to admit, I could not put it down the first day, and levelled my Demon Hunter up to 30 easy enough and thoroughly enjoyed myself. I played on my own (none of my other friends are really into this sort of game), and was pleased that you can get an NPC team-mate to accompany you, as well as some weird pets.

However, the game seems awfully shallow, with a few expositional cut-scenes and some dialogue that takes place in a central 'hub' area in each act, fleshing out the plot. There are side-quests, sort of, but it's a fairly linear game and I sort of feel like I'm just grinding through it. You go into a dungeon, you fight to the end, then you go back and sell/salvage loot. There just doesn't seem to be much lore to the world, or any interest in expanding it. If you're coming to Diablo for a rich back story, you may be disappointed.

Also, the game is quite easy at first, though you can change the difficulty in game. To wit, I have never played Diablo before and I have died once in about 8 hours of gameplay. I think I've used a healing potion, maybe, 3 times. I have put the game difficulty up to 'Expert' now, and may raise it again soon. This isn't a criticism, per se, just a warning to others that 'Easy' really is that.

To summarise, I quite like Diablo so far, but I certainly can't see what all the fuss is about. I'm enjoying plodding along, exploring, fighting, etc, but there doesn't seem to be much else to it. I never feel like I'm discovering the world, merely passing through. It's slickly done, very easy to get in to, and I'm sure there's a lot of fun to be had with a party of friends, but there's no real meat on the bones.

Still, there's certainly a lot of game here in this 'definitive' edition, and the game may yet surprise me. 7/10.
  6. Aug 19, 2014
    ps4 version much better than pc love it on a game pad excellentps4 version much better than pc love it on a game pad excellent ....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... Expand
  7. Aug 19, 2014
    Personally I prefer using a controller over mouse and keypad with this game, not to mention from the comfort of my couch with friends. Regardless of the platform, at the end of the day, this game is a blast to play. Tons of content and replay value.
  8. Aug 19, 2014
    Never played Diablo before and not so many great games for PS4 yet so picked this up today. LOVE it! I got up to level 21 crusader in about 8 hours or so. Best game for PS4 yet.
  9. Aug 31, 2014
    This game is phenomenal! I loved every second of it. The graphics, sound, and especially the cutscenes are all fantastic! The game is even better when played co-op.
  10. Aug 19, 2014
    AwesomAwesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!e!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!AwesomAwesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!e!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!
  11. Aug 19, 2014
    The definitive version of diablo 3 has more content than you could expect for 60 dollars. Need I say more? Great game with very welcoming multiplayer. 10/10
  12. Aug 20, 2014
    Absolutely amazing!! Best game Ihave played in a longtime. Love the PC version, but this is even better. Having a few beers at home with friends and playing Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition... So much fun!!!
  13. Sep 1, 2014
    Bought it for the PC, PS4 and the Xbox One. Love it on the PC for the seasonal mode, however the Ps4 seems more complete and polished than the Xbox One mode. The only drawback is not being able to use a controller on the PC version. In any case, this is one game I don't get bored of so easily. The campaign is engaging enough to want to learn and hear all of the stories. Whether youBought it for the PC, PS4 and the Xbox One. Love it on the PC for the seasonal mode, however the Ps4 seems more complete and polished than the Xbox One mode. The only drawback is not being able to use a controller on the PC version. In any case, this is one game I don't get bored of so easily. The campaign is engaging enough to want to learn and hear all of the stories. Whether you want to cast magic or swing your sword or simply do both, there's a champion for you to play. Try them all along with a follower and you won't feel lonely. the followers also keep up with you and the story as it evolves. Expand
  14. Aug 25, 2014
    When they announced that Diablo 3 would be coming to the PS4 along with the Reaper of Souls DLC, I knew this was something I couldn't pass up. I have always been a dungeon crawler fan (Champions of Norrath anyone?) and with the power of the PS4 along with it, Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition is an RPG that you can't miss! Anybody who is a fan of Diablo needs to pick this up, grab someWhen they announced that Diablo 3 would be coming to the PS4 along with the Reaper of Souls DLC, I knew this was something I couldn't pass up. I have always been a dungeon crawler fan (Champions of Norrath anyone?) and with the power of the PS4 along with it, Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition is an RPG that you can't miss! Anybody who is a fan of Diablo needs to pick this up, grab some buddies, and begin pushing back the forces of Hell! Expand
  15. Aug 21, 2014
    Having not played a diablo game since diablo 2, I was mega excited to get D3 on the PS4. Supposing it is a PC game first, it works really well on console and all the controls are easy to use. You can play both online and offline, as either "couch co-op" or as a solo warrior. It runs really smoothly and the game in itself is excellent. I've played it for a good few hours now and haven'tHaving not played a diablo game since diablo 2, I was mega excited to get D3 on the PS4. Supposing it is a PC game first, it works really well on console and all the controls are easy to use. You can play both online and offline, as either "couch co-op" or as a solo warrior. It runs really smoothly and the game in itself is excellent. I've played it for a good few hours now and haven't even touched the surface of what can be done. The biggest change I have noticed from playing D2 is that you don't have to use scrolls to teleport back to town, you just press right on the D-pad and you teleport back. All loot that enemies drop is your own, so if you see it on the screen it is yours to collect so their is no trepidation about who is going to get what loot. It is essentially just a hack and slash game where you run around slicing and dicing monsters, and it is a great one at that. Expand
  16. Sep 7, 2014
    I have been a Diablo fan for a long time, enjoying D2, D2:LoD and also played the PC version of D3 extensively when it was first released.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition is a fantastic iteration of this game, especially making it available to the consoles. I have played this on PS3, PS4 and Xbox One, and thoroughly enjoyed the experience of playing this game with a controller. To be honest, the controls are so accessible, I prefer playing it on the console over PC.

The base game is the same as it has been, which is very good by itself. The addition of the End-Game rifts and final Act definitely make this game shine. One of the main complaints with the original was that the game was nonstop repetition. Once you completed the campaign, the option was to do the campaign again at a higher difficulty. This, for some, made the game stale after initial completion. The End-Game Adventure mode changed all that.

The addition of another character to your class choice was a fantastic idea and very well executed. The Loading times for the game are next to nothing, which was a huge change from the PC version. Transition from point to point was seamless. The game doesn't overpower you with cutscenes, and the graphics are very good. The improvement is not as drastic as I would have liked to see from last gen to current gen, but it is difficult to dock too much for that.

The 4 Player local option was a great idea, and flawlessly executed. Far too few games exist today that take into account that some people just like sitting together and gaming.

Diablo was able to get local multiplayer correct, and for that, that must be praised.
  17. Aug 31, 2014
    Diablo is back! This is the best version of Diablo III, with great visuals, control scheme, framerate, online features... Amazingly fun and addictive!! An action RPG that will provide you hundreds of hours worth of gameplay thanks to it's replay value.
  18. Aug 29, 2014
    Bought the pc version 2 years ago, and played a little bit after the changed to loot 2.0 and the paragon system and I really liked the changes, but they really weren't enough to drag me back into the game. Got bored last night and downloaded the ps4 version, and I couldn't be more pleasantly surprised. This game feels so much better on the console with the ps4 controller in the comfort ofBought the pc version 2 years ago, and played a little bit after the changed to loot 2.0 and the paragon system and I really liked the changes, but they really weren't enough to drag me back into the game. Got bored last night and downloaded the ps4 version, and I couldn't be more pleasantly surprised. This game feels so much better on the console with the ps4 controller in the comfort of my recliner and tv. Talked a lot of smack on this game on the pc a few years ago and even went as far as saying torchlight 2 was a much better game but I couldn't have been more wrong. This will never happen, but if they ever decide to port world of warcraft to the ps4 I would re subscribe and be totally hooked on that game again like I was 6 years ago. Expand
  19. Aug 27, 2014
    After spending copious amounts of time on Diablo 3 on PC, I can say that I feel that this game was actually made for (and better on) consoles.

The game looks fantastic on PS4, and the sound effects are amazing (albiet way too loud at a default setting). I had to turn the Master Volume down to 10% for this game for the sound to be bearable and to be able to hear someone over the headset if you have both coming through there, which you probably will if you have something like the Wireless Gold headset.

The game FEELS great with a controller. I've played all three Diablo games and have put in a large amount of time in total. The game actually feels more natural to me with a controller than it does with a keyboard and mouse.

There is a great amount of content, and Blizzard has confirmed that they will release content patches (free, I'd bet, since PC patches are) to coincide with the PC version.

For anyone not familiar with the series, be advised that the point of the game is to kill creatures non-stop. That's really it. Kill, loot, repeat. If it seems grindy or repetitive, it is. But that is the point of a game like Diablo.. to get the absolute best loot possible, then to do it all over again. It's not taxing on strategy, but it is there. The game can be simple but with 12 difficulty settings, it's easy to find a challenge.

In all, I'm very happy with this purchase and highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a simple but fun game.
  20. Aug 27, 2014
    This game is amazing. As a kid I remember waking up before school EXTREMELY early to play the original Diablo. This game goes even higher. It's got my wife (who is in no, way shape or form a video-gamer) staying up in all wakes of the night playing this game. It's an amazing game and I can for sure say it's my favorite game on my PS4 right now.
  21. Aug 21, 2014
    You should buy this game instantly!!
    It's the first time i played Diablo and it rocks.
    Superb gameplay.
    Graphical impressive and the cutscenes are beautiful.
    So don't hesitate and get it now!!!!!
  22. Aug 21, 2014
    I like the cut scenes as they are spread out and worth watching. I found myself not interested in the story and luckily able to just click on through. I like the banter the players have with each other, reminds me of games I played 15 years ago (hey Boo!). The graphics are decent. I like the dungeon layouts and size, I like to search everything. My biggest problem is the constantI like the cut scenes as they are spread out and worth watching. I found myself not interested in the story and luckily able to just click on through. I like the banter the players have with each other, reminds me of games I played 15 years ago (hey Boo!). The graphics are decent. I like the dungeon layouts and size, I like to search everything. My biggest problem is the constant button smashing, it really gets old quick. Expand
  23. Aug 21, 2014
    I have never liked these sort of top down view fantasy action rpg games before, which makes this game ever so special to me. The combat system in this game is second to none, I love all the abilities and attacks you can unlock for your character. The levelling up system is amazing, so satisfying. You can unlock your abilities down the line then unlock runes for them to alter there affects.I have never liked these sort of top down view fantasy action rpg games before, which makes this game ever so special to me. The combat system in this game is second to none, I love all the abilities and attacks you can unlock for your character. The levelling up system is amazing, so satisfying. You can unlock your abilities down the line then unlock runes for them to alter there affects. It is a action rpg, but for me personally it's more like a very addictive dungeon crawler, it's not open world and you don't really have a choice in the storyline, and side quests are randomly given out in the open. All of this does not hinder my fun and enjoyment of the game one bit, I have had such a blast and I'm loving it more and more as I go along. The cutscenes are breathtaking, such stellar voice acting and animations. Just unbelievable, I know I'll be spending at least a hundred hours or more with this interactive, addictive piece of genius. Expand
  24. Aug 27, 2014
    Diablo III is my first venture into the Diablo series and I am hooked. The controls are quick to learn and responsive, the gameplay is chaotic and fun, and the amount of replay value you'll get out of this game is insane. I purchased this game on Friday and have been playing it any chance I can get since then. I'm addicted! The only reason I am not giving this game a 10/10 is due to co-opDiablo III is my first venture into the Diablo series and I am hooked. The controls are quick to learn and responsive, the gameplay is chaotic and fun, and the amount of replay value you'll get out of this game is insane. I purchased this game on Friday and have been playing it any chance I can get since then. I'm addicted! The only reason I am not giving this game a 10/10 is due to co-op problems I have ran into. At times it can be hard to connect to a friend and the connection hasn't been the best when a group and friend and I are finally able to play together. Expand
  25. Aug 23, 2014
    Smooth, beautiful, and user friendly.
    Smooth, beautiful, and user friendly.
    Great for new comers to the series and even better for those of use who have played Diablo III with a mouse and keyboard. The controller is a god send for my hand. I stopped playing Diablo III on the computer because of the extreme strain it put on my mouse hand. I picked up the new controls for the XboxOne and was 100 percent proficient in less than 5 minutes (same for PS4), I've never seen a Keyboard and Mouse game ported to a console in such an elegant manner. Just the fact that you can move with the joystick makes the action so much more visceral but aiming your attacks and using the buttons and triggers takes that to a whole new level, adding a bit of God of War to Diablo.

As for graphics the PS4 seems to just edge out the XboxOne a little bit but it's hardly noticeable, they both run at 60 frames and that seems to stay constant for both consoles. The only thing I noticed was I couldn't tell what an object on the ground in a dark cabin was on the Xbone, when I played through that park it was obvious the object was a dead villager.

This is by far the best PC to console port done to date and gives hope for other companies to do the same thing. If you told me 2 weeks ago that a PC game would be better on console I would have laughed in your face. Now I think everyone with a PS4 or Xbone should own this game. Just give it a try, you will get hooked.
  26. Aug 21, 2014
    I'm new to Diablo but I'm really enjoying this one the dialog is a little stale but that doesn't really take much away from the game for me. There is a lot of customizations as far as weapons, armor, and moves that aren't overly complicated to switch around for the style you want to achieve. Definitely worth playing.
  27. Aug 25, 2014
    If you haven't played D3 since it's PC launch, this is not the same game. Blizzard has reworked the whole system to create an entirely new and better game. The launch was awful, but at the end of the day this is a fun and addicting game. One reason to love the console edition is that this could be the greatest couch co-op we've had in a decade. Please read my entire review atIf you haven't played D3 since it's PC launch, this is not the same game. Blizzard has reworked the whole system to create an entirely new and better game. The launch was awful, but at the end of the day this is a fun and addicting game. One reason to love the console edition is that this could be the greatest couch co-op we've had in a decade. Please read my entire review at http://bit.ly/Diablo3UEE Expand
  28. Aug 20, 2014
    Preview:

Great game, i got pc version but console is simply better, expecial local coop. What is terrible is language version policy. Im from Poland and I love my polish version of diablo on PC. I was forced to buy UK version of game while i live abroad. In case of other games game Polish language is icluded but not this time. If blue ray is too small(i dont belive) then there
    Preview:

Great game, i got pc version but console is simply better, expecial local coop.

What is terrible is language version policy.

Im from Poland and I love my polish version of diablo on PC. I was forced to buy UK version of game while i live abroad. In case of other games game Polish language is icluded but not this time. If blue ray is too small(i dont belive) then there should be option to download language pack from internet as DLC options. Now I stuck with English version, its fine but not as good as polish. ps. even french version of inFamous contain polish language pack, please learn this blizzard
  29. Aug 19, 2014
    Long after the game's release its finaly looks good and balanced. Developers listened to the players and made the game better than it was the original Diablo 3. Recommend to familiarize with Diablo 3 is from this edition.
  30. Aug 20, 2014
    I've been a huge blizzard fan ever since Diablo 1, keep that in mind. I played Diablo 3 upon its initial release for pc and I HATED every second of it. The end game was horrid, it was unrealistically hard, and the auction house just ruined the game. I was not planning to get this game on ps4 at all, but after watching Hunter Pence stream it, I fell in love again. I pre ordered and pickedI've been a huge blizzard fan ever since Diablo 1, keep that in mind. I played Diablo 3 upon its initial release for pc and I HATED every second of it. The end game was horrid, it was unrealistically hard, and the auction house just ruined the game. I was not planning to get this game on ps4 at all, but after watching Hunter Pence stream it, I fell in love again. I pre ordered and picked it up yesterday and had so much fun falling in love with the game again. It's everything the original release isn't. It feels so GOOD on console, almost as if Diablo was intended to be strictly a console game. I'm hooked already and cannot wait to get off work to keep playing. GET THIS GAME, even if you have it on pc, and ESPECIALLY if you have never played it. Expand
  31. Aug 26, 2014
    Already in Act 2 on the console version (Xbox One). This is by far the best version of Diablo. Of course I only played the PC version. Played together with my brother and cousin. And now, I prefer playing Diablo on the couch. Graphics is way better.

This is the way Diablo 3 is meant to be played.
  32. Sep 9, 2014
    This game is fantastic! I played it on PC but got it for PS4 to play with a group of friends coming over for a weekend and we had a blast. I like it more than on PC - I just feel I can spend more time with it while playing on my couch and not at my desk. The only reason this is not a 10 is because of the menu when playing with friends - it takes forever to change gear/level up andThis game is fantastic! I played it on PC but got it for PS4 to play with a group of friends coming over for a weekend and we had a blast. I like it more than on PC - I just feel I can spend more time with it while playing on my couch and not at my desk. The only reason this is not a 10 is because of the menu when playing with friends - it takes forever to change gear/level up and everyone usually has to do it at the same time. The storage is a big improvement though - I like the PC version of it but it takes more time to organize. With this console menu setup you can just pick loot up and not worry about it, making it a quicker pick up and play game. A forge all button would be very welcome but I digress. Overall great experience and I do not think I could go back to playing it on PC, ever. Expand
  33. Sep 16, 2014
    I have bought this game for PC, PS3 and PS4...... No Difference in Story or Gameplay. Just like Diablo 2 except in that time Diablo and Diablo 2 pretty fun games in that time. Im just not a fan of little people on screen running around fighting waves of little monsters.
  34. Oct 1, 2014
    Fun and engaging classes including the new Crusader class. All the addictive attributes that the second Diablo game had minus a compelling story. Worth a buy.
  35. Aug 22, 2014
    Diablo 3 on ps3 or ps4 is amazing how the game works on consoles is what the game should be from the beginning. This version Evil Ultimate Edition is what every fan of this incredible series should acquire. I recommend everyone this amazing game.
  36. Oct 14, 2014
    I haven played Diablo since Diablo 1 way back and the campaing story in 3 was pretty boring/week but the endgame is really where this game shines, even for a semi-casual player like myself. Overall the game is extremely polished and with a few lucky drops you can climb the difficulty levels faster than I had imagined. Speaking of loot there always seems to be a drop that catches you byI haven played Diablo since Diablo 1 way back and the campaing story in 3 was pretty boring/week but the endgame is really where this game shines, even for a semi-casual player like myself. Overall the game is extremely polished and with a few lucky drops you can climb the difficulty levels faster than I had imagined. Speaking of loot there always seems to be a drop that catches you by surprise, which shows the developers really are thinking outside the box and this makes one wanting to come back for more. Also the recently added v2 patch made things even more inteteresting. I only recently tried multiplayer and had a blast too. The truly great games make you love your character and with Diablo 3 this is certainly the case. This is also the first game ever I enjoy more in German than in English, which speaks volumes for the efffort taken in the translation/synchronisation. Still as a RPG addict I have to substract one point for the lackluster campaign story. Expand
  37. Aug 28, 2014
    Its seems that i review with alot of 10 ratings, but its because i only play games that i read about and research beforehand. Im not cheap, i'm just not an idiot. You will never catch me with a poorly made game.....that being said, THIS GAME IS AWESOME. It's crack for gamers. The game was good before and now even better with this "new" edition of the game. Reaper of souls expansion hasIts seems that i review with alot of 10 ratings, but its because i only play games that i read about and research beforehand. Im not cheap, i'm just not an idiot. You will never catch me with a poorly made game.....that being said, THIS GAME IS AWESOME. It's crack for gamers. The game was good before and now even better with this "new" edition of the game. Reaper of souls expansion has alot of awesome new weapons, gear, and loot. New enchanting shop as well. You will have a problem putting this game down because it almost never ends and now with adventure mode, you literally will always have something to do when you boot up the game each time. Paragon levels add more things to do after you hit lvl 70 and a new bloodshard system which you can gamble on mystery items to get better loot. I could talk all day about this game so just try it for yourself and you will know what i mean. Amazing game! Expand
  38. Aug 27, 2014
    Really addicting game. The cutscenes look hella good. Lots of enemies and different loot. Really cool level up system and lots of powers/runes to unlock. Best way to keep occupied until destiny.
  39. Sep 9, 2014
    I played back two years ago when this game was first released. I hate sitting at my computer using mouse and keyboard to game, and this game wouldn't let me use a controller at all. So, I got bored and moved on shortly after beating Diablo.

Now I can play with gamepad on my couch or remote play in bed, and still have the same visual quality of the PC version. I really think this game was meant for consoles. The combat and loot is addicting enough to warrant hundreds of hours of play, and I probably will play for hundreds of hours. To me this is the best action RPG ever made.

There are only a few cons here, such as the weird way saving is handled in adventure mode. It resets every time you quit, which can be frustrating when you have to stop suddenly. The story is also less than satisfying. It can be interesting at times, but honestly adventure mode is the best way to play this game.

Other than that, the game is perfect. The looting, fighting, crafting, skills/runes, UI, and environments are all top-notch. And it only took ~10 years.
  40. Aug 20, 2014
    This game is a MUST buy for all the RPG fans that own a PS4. It is an amazing game!

(Your review must be at least 150 characters long.)
    (Nothing else to say so this is what I have to say)
  41. Sep 9, 2014
    Must buy!Must buy!Must buy!Must buy!Must buy!Must buy!Must buy!Must buy!Must buy!Must buy!Must buy!Must buy!Must buy!Must buy!Must buy!Must buy!Must buy!Must buy!Must buy!Must buy!Must buy!Must buy!Must buy!Must buy!
  42. Aug 28, 2014
    So is the first time I've played a diablo game, never interested me on pc , as clicking a mouse button to attack has always felt like a disconnect. Not going to bother saying too much, everyone knows what this game entails, basically loot pursuit. After finishing the game on easy I bumped up a difficulty level then another one mid game, wasn't until I got a 1700 attk weapon (aboutSo is the first time I've played a diablo game, never interested me on pc , as clicking a mouse button to attack has always felt like a disconnect. Not going to bother saying too much, everyone knows what this game entails, basically loot pursuit. After finishing the game on easy I bumped up a difficulty level then another one mid game, wasn't until I got a 1700 attk weapon (about halfway through the story) that the battles tipped back into my favour, so I instantly ramped the difficulty up again for bigger rewards.

Being able to do this difficulty adjustment for me is a huge plus, it really does cater to your personal preference, and being a game based on numbers (drool) the difference is instant and noticeable, as are the rewards.

As a side note, my friend works on an island resort off the Eastern coast of Australia as a chef, stays away from his family for a week at a time, and pumps hours into his ps4. He told me he wouldn't get it because he has no internet, which I let him know that was only pc, this is the perfect game to while away hours and hours and to keep yourself out of trouble with lol.
  43. Sep 7, 2014
    A great game with a great feel of combat. This game is pretty much flawless when it comes to gameplay, the graphics are beautiful, the multiplayer is amazing, and it's easy to play. this game has an added "co-op" mode if your playing with friends at your place. it's a fun game to play when drunk i say because the controls are simple. the character customization fits really well as you canA great game with a great feel of combat. This game is pretty much flawless when it comes to gameplay, the graphics are beautiful, the multiplayer is amazing, and it's easy to play. this game has an added "co-op" mode if your playing with friends at your place. it's a fun game to play when drunk i say because the controls are simple. the character customization fits really well as you can tailor your character to your likings along with the many various classes, yet one thing which would be nice is if you could actually change the face of your character and his/her build. Once your done the campaign the game's purpose is to level up to get better armour and so on. the only other game that is this "hack and slushy" in my opinion is "space marine". this is defiantly worth looking into.

-a solid 9/10
  44. Aug 22, 2014
    Having not played a Diablo game I was a sophomore in high school, I was a little reluctant to purchasing this Diablo III. To my surprise, it's a very fun and enjoyable game. I had my skepticism about it due to it being a PC game; however, the control scheme works very well and is very easy to learn quickly. Some of my friends, who also have the PC version, have said they enjoy the PS4Having not played a Diablo game I was a sophomore in high school, I was a little reluctant to purchasing this Diablo III. To my surprise, it's a very fun and enjoyable game. I had my skepticism about it due to it being a PC game; however, the control scheme works very well and is very easy to learn quickly. Some of my friends, who also have the PC version, have said they enjoy the PS4 version a lot more.

My first character was a Monk and I must say that I've been enjoying my time with this character (Her name is Bunny by the way) and I haven't felt that nagging drag that is easy for me to get when playing other RPG's. My only suggestion about buying this game is to have friends who are playing it as well. While it is not needed, you will get more enjoyment out of it if you are playing with more people.

The game isn't perfect though. I find myself skipping the story in favor for the gameplay. Talking to NPC's have become a "Keep hitting 'O' until they're done talking" situation. I probably will go back and actually pay attention to the story when I decide to start a new character though.

If you've never played a Diablo game, I highly recommend that you pick this up.
  45. Aug 28, 2014
    Solid gameplay, unique art style, tons of glyphs to make your spells neat.
    Couch-Coop is AWESOME.
    Can't ask for much more...except perhaps a story a little less cheesy...
  46. Aug 30, 2014
    My favorite version of this game. I got to Paragon lvl 135 on PC and have just put in 6 hours on this version. I gotta say this version so far is pretty awesome. Smooth FPS, brutal gameplay, and a good loot system. The control scheme on the ps4 is really easy to pickup.
  47. Sep 6, 2014
    would of gave it a 10, but its an odd on to a game that should of been completed as such.

Instead it gets a solid 9. This is what D3 should of been from the start.
  48. Sep 9, 2014
    Diablo III, FINALLY getting its due 2+ years after its PC launch. This comes from someone who rarely plays PC and had never played D1 or D2 until trying out the D3 release on PS3.

I have since played through D1 and a good amount of D2 on PC. For those who don't know, Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition (Reaper of Souls) slays its predecessors - no contest! While not a perfect game, it really has fixed so many of the annoyances and flaws of not only Diablo III but previous Diablos. Even the almighty Diablo II is a slog compared to this. Don't believe me? Go back and try it... and say hello to early arthritis as you click incessantly just to pick up gold, other drops, and attack. And realize one of the reasons you sunk so much time into D2 was because of the crippling inventory space...

Diablo III controls like a dream on PS3. Solid drops, awesome graphics and framerate (even online), fantastic sound and voice acting, it's the complete package.

My biggest gripe is how little punishment there is for dying. It's not even a speed bump, especially in multiplayer. A sign of the mainstream times? Granted, you could play Hardcore (death=forever) but that's an extreme solution to what should be seen as a backbone component of the game. Make us feel like we're being punished or losing *something* besides loose change I'm going to plink down anyway next time I'm in town.

Besides that gripe, I'm hard-pressed to think of anything else that really bothers me. Everything has been so streamlined... including the Blacksmith, Jeweler, and Artisan which really add to the replay value.

I wasn't around for the abysmal launch of Diablo III on PC back in 2012, but I do know this is a drastic departure. If you're new to the series or are willing to give Diablo another chance, you won't be disappointed. This is imo the best modern co-op out there.
  49. Sep 28, 2014
    This game could be good but not... At the beginning from 0 to 5-8 levels are pretty hard. I was in normal difficulty but I died many times. Then I just got level 30 and from now... nothing. I play in expert but not even goes low my HP. I killed all the bosses without a single die. Sooo sooo boring and repetitive game after the lower levels. No new skills, nothing. I love Diablo and I thinkThis game could be good but not... At the beginning from 0 to 5-8 levels are pretty hard. I was in normal difficulty but I died many times. Then I just got level 30 and from now... nothing. I play in expert but not even goes low my HP. I killed all the bosses without a single die. Sooo sooo boring and repetitive game after the lower levels. No new skills, nothing. I love Diablo and I think Diablo 3 wasn't that bad but now... its really bad. Expand
  50. Sep 6, 2014
    NEW NOTE AFTER COMPLETING THE WHOLE GAME:There is some major and drastic slowdown that occurs online co op for no reason sometimes you can be stuck not fighting while the game is heavily lagging.

The drum beat teleporting in assassin is a nice touch but he cannot be within your level and a ridiculous level of difficulty. As specified if you have already played diablo don't bother

As specified if you have already played diablo don't bother this experience is best shared local co op.

So summary minor improvements on Diablo 3 but worth the purchase, I obviously haven't completed the reaper campaign so this review is from a technical and an improvement standpoint.
    Diablo is great co op same system console game.

So this is an improvement on Diablo 3. I played on PS4 and notice quickly the additions to the game mana pools paragon system drop system improvements.

There is as far as I know from memory a slight improvement on graphics on PS4 VS PS3 so there's one reason to but it.
    The game was very stable no slow downs no glitching so far, I did notice these negative points on the PS3 version.
    I immediately tried the crusader class he is pretty easy at this stage and I'm level 25 now. My original character was the Demon Hunter and he was very squishy this trained me up for the one hit KO's I received in 3 for the harder difficulties, but my suggestion is don't start off as him.
    The drop system improvements are substantial and should really have been in diablo 3. I don't know what this will be like at level 60 and the hardest difficulty setting but if these early indications prove correct it won't be a problem.

Conclusion: If you haven't played Diablo 3 and you were thinking about it now is the time to buy.
  51. Oct 10, 2014
    Great game but still no BattleNet Characters... sorry, while the PC version hits a 9, this version can only get 6 points.I can't understand why Blizzard is doing this?
  52. Sep 30, 2014
    Diablo is Diablo, what can you say. This game came out several years ago, and I find it pretty damn greedy to charge full retail price, especially considering the fact, that a huge chunk of content that's coming to PC isn't even announced for consoles.
    PS: I've learnt this lessons - don't buy blizzard games anywhere but PC
  53. Sep 8, 2014
    Just finished the game, and now to replay it. It is that good! Story is very basic, bad guys do bad things and you must stop it. It is very basic, but oh man, the demons, the reapers, the loot...oh my!
  54. Aug 21, 2014
    Its an entertaining game but In my honest opinion this game its not worth $60 at all. Do not believe all the hype, download the demo first.

The dialogues, the story, the button smashing until every enemy is dead… its just way too much of the same thing going on for ever. Diablo 3 its all about the loot and trying to get better weapons or armor over and over so its not for me. I have

I have waited since it came out on pc to play it, then waited some for the PS4 release… and I feel like I wasted my money... $30-$35 its a reasonable price range for this game. And since I already bought it, I might as well beat it, and sell it back because I won't be wasting 15-20hrs on it.
  55. Oct 31, 2014
    All the things I hated from Diablo 3 at release time have been patched or highly improved with Reaper of Souls, making it be the game it should have been at release. I still don't understand how come in 2014 we can't rotate the camera in a game. For PS4 and XboxOne you will enjoy the same patch contents and additions PC users have, except seasons, but all the ítems from them will be addedAll the things I hated from Diablo 3 at release time have been patched or highly improved with Reaper of Souls, making it be the game it should have been at release. I still don't understand how come in 2014 we can't rotate the camera in a game. For PS4 and XboxOne you will enjoy the same patch contents and additions PC users have, except seasons, but all the ítems from them will be added as drops everytime they finish one. Playing with a Gamepad is also awesome and more confortable to allow grinding for hours, which is something you should expect to do in this game. For me, the best way to enjoy Diablo is currently in next gen consoles. Expand
  56. Nov 9, 2014
    Diablo III is a fun game that offers unique rpg elements in terms of customization, classes and dungeon diving. All in all, the story is entertaining, but certainly isn't ground breaking. You get to choose from 6 different classes, although that's the most depth you'll get other than choosing your gender. Your goal is to beat all the acts, level up and find as much rare/legendary gear asDiablo III is a fun game that offers unique rpg elements in terms of customization, classes and dungeon diving. All in all, the story is entertaining, but certainly isn't ground breaking. You get to choose from 6 different classes, although that's the most depth you'll get other than choosing your gender. Your goal is to beat all the acts, level up and find as much rare/legendary gear as possible to make your character a beast. This can be fun to do with a group of friends...although the repetitive nature of the game will start to sink in over time. Repetition might be fun for some, and for those people Diablo III will not disappoint. Personally, I grew tired of jumping into a dungeon, killing off enemies, fighting a boss, and then reporting back to town for a lackluster reward. The real rewards in Diablo III come from fighting enemies on a hard difficulty setting and looting them for better equipment. The enemies will grow old though, and the constant back and fourth of the entire game may very well leave you disappointed. All in all, not a bad game, but nothing worthy of an above average rating imo. Expand
  57. Oct 3, 2014
    Exactly what the name says "ultimate edition" i believe this is the most complete and polished edition of Diablo 3 out there. It's fun, addictive and the added adventure mode give this game endless hours of gameplay. Controls have been adjusted to suit the needs of console gamers and it's never felt more natural to play it on a controller then now. Gameplay is smooth and flows well withExactly what the name says "ultimate edition" i believe this is the most complete and polished edition of Diablo 3 out there. It's fun, addictive and the added adventure mode give this game endless hours of gameplay. Controls have been adjusted to suit the needs of console gamers and it's never felt more natural to play it on a controller then now. Gameplay is smooth and flows well with no stuttering or screen tearing no matter how busy your screen gets with all the enemies. The loot system has changed slighly and rare drops don't accur that often anymore but feels more rewrding when something rare drops. The difficulty is well balanced for any players, from the more casual players up to the hardcore players who'd like to test their skills.

If you don't own this gme yet i'd advise you to go buy it as there is no PS4 complete without this!
  58. Sep 12, 2014
    It is incredible. D3 started as a grinding/trading game in 2012. When most players complained about the real money trading, Blizzard revamped the game completely.

But now with this edition, D3 is without ANY doubt the best video game from the last decade. Purely combat mechanics wise nothing comes even close. Playing with 4 players in its end game is nothing I have ever experience in a game really.

Awesome.
  59. Dec 26, 2014
    Evil finaly came to the PS4 and it's a good port.
    Diablo 3 UE plays and feels almost like on the PC sometimes even better.
    Solid frame rate on the console, doesn't freeze and graphics are up to the PC version. Of course on the highest settings the PC version will look better but I would say that the PS4 version looks like high PC settings. Sounds and gameplay is solid and the port is
    Evil finaly came to the PS4 and it's a good port.
    Diablo 3 UE plays and feels almost like on the PC sometimes even better.
    Sounds and gameplay is solid and the port is very polished. Textures in some places look worse then on PC but ypu really need to look.
    Then things I don't like is the inventory and the targeting system when you play a ranged character. Some times you either hit the wrong enemy or don't hit at all. With mele characters it's better.
    Solid 8 out of 10 for me. Got it on sale new for 29£ and is worth the price!
  60. Sep 27, 2014
    This is the definitive version of diablo 3 , graphics look even crisper , the added content will keep you coming back for more , overall its an amazing and addicting game , enough said
  61. Sep 10, 2014
    What a surprise ! The game is so enjoyable to play and watch
    Graphically it's gorgeous and finally never tired to restart a mission in multiplayer
    It's really a great addon or Blizzard really listened to players
  62. Sep 9, 2014
    The game isn't perfect. It is however one of the best games on next gen right now. The loot is the perfect balance of chasing the carrot and getting a carrot. If you enjoy dungeon crawls with friends or randoms this is for you. It can be as casual or hardcore as you want it to be.

Probably not worth $60 dollars if you already own D3 on PC or the old gen. However, if you are a hardcore dungeon crawl fan it is worth the full price. I will say I have owned the PC, 360 and PS4 version and I can say with great confidence the PS4 version is the best (One is likely similar). It has benefitted from lots of patches and improvements done to other versions.
  63. Dec 3, 2014
    Never been an addict but I imagine it is something like playing this game. Amazing gameplay, lots of replayability, co-op is a blast, LOOT AND MORE LOOT, and some more loot.
    Oh did I mention there is no load times? Graphics are nothing to write home about but this is a game that is all about the gameplay. And the LOOT of course.
    Just play it and you will understand why it is so

Just play it and you will understand why it is so addicting. Highly recommend this as one of your purchases for the holidays if you are strapped for cash.
  64. Sep 12, 2014
    First thing first / i played diablo III on PC first , the played it on x360 , and now again im playing it on PS4 this game takes me with him every where he goes , im enjoying like my childhood when im playin diablo , blizzard knows what he is doing- this game simply deserve 10 and i recommend it to all diablo lovers
  65. Oct 3, 2014
    You have to be a fan of the diablo series to enjoy this, i played it as my first ever diablo game, i found it fun and i quite enjoyed it but it does become repetitive, 7.10
  66. Sep 10, 2014
    Okay the PS4 is the 4th console I have played this through on. I played it first on PC on release, it was the first Diablo I played and I liked it on PC, but wasn't hooked. Then it came out on console I played it on PS3 and 360, and the game was even better. I'm not saying PC is terrible, but on PC you had to click where you went, the hot keys just weren't that great. The controllerOkay the PS4 is the 4th console I have played this through on. I played it first on PC on release, it was the first Diablo I played and I liked it on PC, but wasn't hooked. Then it came out on console I played it on PS3 and 360, and the game was even better. I'm not saying PC is terrible, but on PC you had to click where you went, the hot keys just weren't that great. The controller mapping on console was surprisingly phenomenal, and they added evasion with the right stick which wasn't that big of a deal but could save your life. Then last but definitely the best console I have played it on is the PS4. There are many new features, the 3 most impressive are the mailing, nemesis, and gifts. They added mailing so you can mail your friends items or gold. Nemesis system is that if you or your friend were to die, the character that killed you will become stronger and appear in one of your friends games. The way you know they're going to become a nemesis is that when they kill you, they will jump into a red rift and disappear then you know they're going to a friends game. You also get warning of when a nemesis is about to appear in your game which is intense and you're ready to fight. Some dark and omniscience music will play, your controller will vibrate like something big is making footsteps (like a T-Rex from Jurassic Park), then you will see what I like to call a blood rift and out comes the creature. If you kill this creature your friend will receive a gift. Which leads me to the gift system, occasionally monsters will drop an item that says gift for (friend) and then you can pick it up and send it to them. It is usually a legendary item. Diablo 3 has become my favorite game and in my opinion is by far the best out there. A lot of people do not like dungeon crawlers, but to me this is the greatest game made so far. There are many rare events and so many things I still haven't seen. Now about the graphics they may not be the greatest, but they are not as bad as everyone says. If you just walk through and area take a look at the background detail it is actually fairly impressive. I highly recommend this game especially if you were ever a fan of Dark Alliance, or Champions on the Playstation 2. Expand
  67. Sep 4, 2014
    Probably a 9.5.

Probably a 9.5.

This game is easily the best couch co-op game for your PS4. I did play it for PC but it didn't hook me at launch, and I hadn't played the previous iterations. That being said I haven't had this much fun in a game of this genre since playing Baldur's Gate on GCN. Yes the story isn't wonderful, and the graphics may not be mind boggling that that's not the point. This game is about leveling up your character, their skills and their equipment. Figuring out what works for you, and has a perfect learning curve for getting into the world. The game play is fluid, deaths are always the fault of the player and not the controls. If you are on the fence go "Redbox" it, buy at least one more controller and play all night with a buddy or two. Then realize you should have just bought it in the first place. : )
  68. Sep 4, 2014
    I want to give this game a higher score because I love Diablo and honestly, I love this game. I haven't had anything to play on my PS4 for some time and thought I would grab this. So my thoughts are..

-The way they changed the game for controller compatibility really does work, it's fun and not hard to get used to. On the flip side if you play D3 on the PC as well, you'll find yourself wishing you could target specific mobs in large fights which can be a real pain to get over. Fortunately they dumbed down the AI quite a bit so the play with the controller ends up working out just fine with the rest of the game.

-Something I loved about PC diablo was seeing what other people were using, and the stats they had and the skill setup. Along those lines, it was fun to compare yourself with friends and even some competition over getting better gear. the PS4 version does not have that, you can check out a character when you are standing right next to them but if your friend isn't online, you can't see anything at all which is a bit sad.

-The game has integrated voice chat which is a definite plus if you're a social gamer and can help make your time spent that much more fun. 1 up on the PC version here.

-those are really my main points and just the things that really stand out to me. Other than that it's a really solid game on console.

Don't expect PC D3, think of it more like sacred or gauntlet or something, it's a top down dungeon crawler, and a great one at that. But keep in mind you will have to accept that on the console, it's really just another console dungeon crawler, it is NOT the same D3 but keep your mind open and you would probably like it.

7/10 because I REALLY liked being able to look at peoples gear and talk to them and watch chat and see items and achievements of friends and whatnot, I'm more than sure they have their reasons for not adding that to the console version, but I genuinely think that is a defining point of Diablo 3 and it feels somewhat naked without it. That said, I'll still recommend this game to anyone looking for a fun RPG for their PS4.
  69. Sep 5, 2014
    Diablo is Diablo. The Game which found the Hack'n'Slay RPG, and get copied by games like Torchlight, Path of Exile... But the mother of this genre is still the leader of this genre. Diablo 3 does not invent the genre new, but it still works. You loot, level and slay that's Diablo and it works. But Attention it's make's you more addicted then Chrystal. But the only thing that remove the oneDiablo is Diablo. The Game which found the Hack'n'Slay RPG, and get copied by games like Torchlight, Path of Exile... But the mother of this genre is still the leader of this genre. Diablo 3 does not invent the genre new, but it still works. You loot, level and slay that's Diablo and it works. But Attention it's make's you more addicted then Chrystal. But the only thing that remove the one point for 10 points is the story. A short summary of the story: Everything from hell is coming on the earth and you have to kill it. So everybody who loves RPGs need this title. Expand
  70. Sep 6, 2014
    This game is a lot of fun. I say to get it for sure. I have the PS4 version of the game and I have been playing less Madden 15 because I can't put the game down.
  71. Sep 8, 2014
    I am really having tons of fun with this, Its hard to put this down one you start, Its that good..... I cant wait to crawl the dungeons tonight and see whats around the next corner and what loot may come around. Awesome game.
  72. Sep 9, 2014
    I echo the sentiment of a good value buy. Perhaps wait for further price drops even still... Console players who have yet to try Diablo or similar dungeon crawlers might enjoy this thoroughly. I'd recommend watching bits n pieces of a lp if ya don't know what to expect.
  73. Sep 10, 2014
    I played as a wizard on both PC and Console, and this character is really not optimized for the console: all AoE spells but one (black hole at lvl 61) are useless, you can't really aim in the console version, also no free button binding, and finally the useless aim button. This is still a solid conversion to console for a deeply rooted PC game, just a shame that Blizzard made my favoriteI played as a wizard on both PC and Console, and this character is really not optimized for the console: all AoE spells but one (black hole at lvl 61) are useless, you can't really aim in the console version, also no free button binding, and finally the useless aim button. This is still a solid conversion to console for a deeply rooted PC game, just a shame that Blizzard made my favorite character no different than playing like a barbarian: strait up close combat with mashing X and R2 buttons. Expand
  74. Quu
    Sep 10, 2014
    I simply can't recommend this version of the game enough. Having the title on PC also, it's really made me aware of just how much more care and polish Blizzard have put into the console Ultimate edition. The framerate has never dipped for me, despite being what looks like high PC settings. The added tweaks to the controls are most welcome. The addition of the roll mechanic involves youI simply can't recommend this version of the game enough. Having the title on PC also, it's really made me aware of just how much more care and polish Blizzard have put into the console Ultimate edition. The framerate has never dipped for me, despite being what looks like high PC settings. The added tweaks to the controls are most welcome. The addition of the roll mechanic involves you in the game much more than mouse/kb clicking ever does. I never zone out and have the "oh crap, I wasn't watching my health" issue with this version. It also drops loot smartly and contrary to what many say, the managing your inventory with the console UI isn't difficult. You can learn it in no time.

Sadly, I don't know if the game will get many updates. The PC version has a season ladder and other end game content added lately that I'm not sure will make it into this new gen version. That keeps me from rating the game a 10, it just seems a bit divisive on Blizzard's part. I can understand making a new control scheme and UI that works with the console but why not make sure each version has the same content? If ever they do update the new gen version, I may change my score. I don't believe the last-gen owners even got a choice to upgrade to ROS without buying the game again, so it doesn't look good for any future updates.

In the end, best version of what has become a great game after a terrible launch.
  75. Sep 11, 2014
    This is my first experience at playing a Diablo game and I must say that this game is insanely addictive. I have reached level 29 and I feel like a God. The following is my breakdown of the game

Pros: 1. Very addictive. You won't realize how time passes by. 2. You are always on the hunt for more loot so that you could level up. 3. 60 frames per second makes the game buttery smooth.

Pros:
    1. Very addictive. You won't realize how time passes by.
    2. You are always on the hunt for more loot so that you could level up.
    3. 60 frames per second makes the game buttery smooth.
    4. Perfect lighting.
    5. Plenty of skills and abilities to choose from.
    6. The bigger the enemy, the more eager you are to him on and kill him. You will relish the challenge!
    7. The visuals and effects are attractive and glossy.

Cons
    1. Graphics could have been slightly better.
    2. foreground often blocks the view when you are in a dungeon.
    3. No Customization

Would definitely recommend this game to anyone whether they are RPG fans or not.
    A must buy!
  76. Sep 14, 2014
    Any excellent addition to the series and an amazingly (and surprisingly) great time on the PS4. I started playing Diablo III when it was released on the PC. While it was enjoyable, it was plagued with problems from launch that made playing the game more of a chore.

Fast forward to the PS4 launch and I've rediscovered my love for Diablo and this entry in particular. The game is massive and the customization options make the journey to leveling up fun and interesting. Most of the problems from the PC release have been addressed and either corrected or tweaked to preserve balance while providing a user-friendly experience. Graphics are nice, but obviously doesn't push any boundaries - but this game isn't about being pretty, it's about the game play. The story is mostly good vs. evil based and is fairly predictable and basic, but again, the game play and the quest for loot and the next level keep you hooked.
  77. Sep 16, 2014
    A must own if you are interested in any sort of hack and slash game. Great visuals and art design, great story with lots of atmosphere, smooth controls, great inventory management and ...this game is simply flawless!
  78. Sep 15, 2014
    Diablo 3 is the perfect game for those looking for something they can pick up and play for just a few minutes or a few days at a time. You won't be disappointed in this purchase if you're craving for that role playing strategy button mashing adventure type of game. It's pretty to look at too ;-).
  79. Sep 29, 2014
    Ultimate return of Diablo 3. Great amount of replayability and content. Hundreds hours of play. It looks like old good Diablo, it plays like old good Diablo.
  80. Sep 30, 2014
    Highly addictive. Hundreds of hours of replay value. Great alternative to MMORPG for people who have busy lives. You can jump into he action with friends, even if they play more often than you.
  81. Dec 6, 2014
    according to reviews and Meta`s i expect more than this. i`ve played all versions of Starcraft from beginning of it and that was a great - really great- game. but diablo is so boring. i just played it because i gave money for it. its graphic is not for ps4.
    but i have to be just: its story is good and i like to know what happened at last.
  82. Oct 22, 2014
    Here are the reasons for my negative review.
    1) Monsters take the same damage no matter where you hit them. no weakness, no reason to try to attack them from behind. You just stand there in the same spot and button mash.
    Here are the reasons for my negative review.
    2) I truly believe that a skilled player in any game should be able to avoid damage. however, no matter what you do here, taking damage here is inevitable, even with the ability to dodge
  83. Oct 29, 2014
    So glad they released this on PS4! Love playing this game with my friends and family! Blizzaard sure knows how to keep a game interesting and fun at the same time.
  84. Nov 12, 2014
    Really great game! after patch it's like new one! new items, rifts, etc. no frame rate drop!
    If you like chack&slash RPG it's a must have title for you.
  85. Nov 12, 2014
    Diablo III on PS4/XB1 is the definitive edition for me. Yes, Diablo "is a PC game" and "#PCMasterRace!" and all that, but I can't ignore just how much more fun Diablo is with a controller, not to mention same-screen co-op! Inviting friends over to play has become a weekly thing, and we love almost every minute of it!

Blizzard did an admirable job condensing the inventory and skills

Blizzard did an admirable job condensing the inventory and skills management into a workable solution for console, and it works really, really well... when playing by yourself or online. However, (and this is why it's a 9 instead of a 10) the quick-equip system is not nearly robust enough for same-screen co-op, especially with three or four players. We have a house rule that no one drags everyone else into staring at their menus unless we're in town, or someone finds a legendary. This is often broken later in the game, though, because three colored arrows in three categories is just not enough information to determine whether you want to switch to that new axe you just found. Invariably, one person wants to make a change, and then everyone does, and before we know it, we've spent ten minutes in menus, only two of which pertained to you. Quick-equip works well until about level 50-60, but it breaks down as soon as you start caring about elemental or individual skill % boosts and other stats that aren't really reflected in green and red arrows. The menus are fine for the most part when playing online or by yourself, and quick-equip is so close to working really well in same-screen co-op. However, if we just had a little more information, that would be super fantastic.

Besides that, UEE is excellent, and it's my favorite local multiplayer game in a long time! Even though I spent 300+ hours on Diablo III on PC including Reaper of Souls, I can't imagine going back.
  86. Nov 12, 2014
    The control mechanics on the game were superb the cutscenes were downright breathtaking The gameplay is awesome,however, gameplay can be repetitive but the story really keeps you playing it's an ok title should have purchased it preowned
  87. Nov 20, 2014
    Diablo 3 was a wonderfully designed masterpiece by Blizzard Entertainment. I would recommend this game to most, if not all of my friends as it provides a sense of fun and entertainment.
  88. Nov 22, 2014
    Pay attention game developers. This is how you convert a PC game to consoles and get it right. Plays well, awesome multiplayer and more loot to collect then you can shake a stick at. Highly recommended.
  89. Nov 27, 2014
    Verry fun and good game. It is a little bit of disapointing that people could hack and are OP. It ammused me alot but afther hack it becomes verry boring and sucked the life out of it.
  90. Dec 10, 2014
    The game plays like the old Gauntlet games from playstation and the arcade. The only real difference is that diablo 3 is open world, has better graphics, more skills, and the ability to get better armor and weaponry. All in all this game is amazing and a must have if you liked Gauntlet from the old days. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who gets a ps4.

1. Oct 21, 2014
    With such a fantastic transition to consoles in Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition, I’m even more eager about possible Blizzard ports in the future.
  2. Oct 8, 2014
    For players who love killing things, building godly characters, and grabbing loads of awesome loot in the process, Diablo III Ultimate Evil Edition is the biggest no-brainer purchase of this year.
  3. The addition of Reaper of Souls content makes this an essential upgrade for veterans, while the power of PS4 ensures it's smoother than a dolphin's back. [Oct 2014, p.87]