8.0

1. Aug 19, 2014
    Finally this is the definitive edition of Diablo 3. Any fan of Diablo should play this right away. Well worth the money. So much content in this game that it will make your head spin.
  2. Aug 20, 2014
    I pre-ordered this game, having never played any of the Diablo series before, because I like the few 'dungeon' games I've played before; Skyrim, KOA:R, etc.

I have to admit, I could not put it down the first day, and levelled my Demon Hunter up to 30 easy enough and thoroughly enjoyed myself. I played on my own (none of my other friends are really into this sort of game), and was pleased that you can get an NPC team-mate to accompany you, as well as some weird pets.

However, the game seems awfully shallow, with a few expositional cut-scenes and some dialogue that takes place in a central 'hub' area in each act, fleshing out the plot. There are side-quests, sort of, but it's a fairly linear game and I sort of feel like I'm just grinding through it. You go into a dungeon, you fight to the end, then you go back and sell/salvage loot. There just doesn't seem to be much lore to the world, or any interest in expanding it. If you're coming to Diablo for a rich back story, you may be disappointed.

Also, the game is quite easy at first, though you can change the difficulty in game. To wit, I have never played Diablo before and I have died once in about 8 hours of gameplay. I think I've used a healing potion, maybe, 3 times. I have put the game difficulty up to 'Expert' now, and may raise it again soon. This isn't a criticism, per se, just a warning to others that 'Easy' really is that.

To summarise, I quite like Diablo so far, but I certainly can't see what all the fuss is about. I'm enjoying plodding along, exploring, fighting, etc, but there doesn't seem to be much else to it. I never feel like I'm discovering the world, merely passing through. It's slickly done, very easy to get in to, and I'm sure there's a lot of fun to be had with a party of friends, but there's no real meat on the bones.

Still, there's certainly a lot of game here in this 'definitive' edition, and the game may yet surprise me. 7/10.
  3. Aug 29, 2014
    Bought the pc version 2 years ago, and played a little bit after the changed to loot 2.0 and the paragon system and I really liked the changes, but they really weren't enough to drag me back into the game. Got bored last night and downloaded the ps4 version, and I couldn't be more pleasantly surprised. This game feels so much better on the console with the ps4 controller in the comfort ofBought the pc version 2 years ago, and played a little bit after the changed to loot 2.0 and the paragon system and I really liked the changes, but they really weren't enough to drag me back into the game. Got bored last night and downloaded the ps4 version, and I couldn't be more pleasantly surprised. This game feels so much better on the console with the ps4 controller in the comfort of my recliner and tv. Talked a lot of smack on this game on the pc a few years ago and even went as far as saying torchlight 2 was a much better game but I couldn't have been more wrong. This will never happen, but if they ever decide to port world of warcraft to the ps4 I would re subscribe and be totally hooked on that game again like I was 6 years ago. Expand
  4. Aug 20, 2014
    I've been a huge blizzard fan ever since Diablo 1, keep that in mind. I played Diablo 3 upon its initial release for pc and I HATED every second of it. The end game was horrid, it was unrealistically hard, and the auction house just ruined the game. I was not planning to get this game on ps4 at all, but after watching Hunter Pence stream it, I fell in love again. I pre ordered and pickedI've been a huge blizzard fan ever since Diablo 1, keep that in mind. I played Diablo 3 upon its initial release for pc and I HATED every second of it. The end game was horrid, it was unrealistically hard, and the auction house just ruined the game. I was not planning to get this game on ps4 at all, but after watching Hunter Pence stream it, I fell in love again. I pre ordered and picked it up yesterday and had so much fun falling in love with the game again. It's everything the original release isn't. It feels so GOOD on console, almost as if Diablo was intended to be strictly a console game. I'm hooked already and cannot wait to get off work to keep playing. GET THIS GAME, even if you have it on pc, and ESPECIALLY if you have never played it. Expand
  5. Aug 21, 2014
    I like the cut scenes as they are spread out and worth watching. I found myself not interested in the story and luckily able to just click on through. I like the banter the players have with each other, reminds me of games I played 15 years ago (hey Boo!). The graphics are decent. I like the dungeon layouts and size, I like to search everything. My biggest problem is the constantI like the cut scenes as they are spread out and worth watching. I found myself not interested in the story and luckily able to just click on through. I like the banter the players have with each other, reminds me of games I played 15 years ago (hey Boo!). The graphics are decent. I like the dungeon layouts and size, I like to search everything. My biggest problem is the constant button smashing, it really gets old quick. Expand
  6. Oct 3, 2014
    Exactly what the name says "ultimate edition" i believe this is the most complete and polished edition of Diablo 3 out there. It's fun, addictive and the added adventure mode give this game endless hours of gameplay. Controls have been adjusted to suit the needs of console gamers and it's never felt more natural to play it on a controller then now. Gameplay is smooth and flows well withExactly what the name says "ultimate edition" i believe this is the most complete and polished edition of Diablo 3 out there. It's fun, addictive and the added adventure mode give this game endless hours of gameplay. Controls have been adjusted to suit the needs of console gamers and it's never felt more natural to play it on a controller then now. Gameplay is smooth and flows well with no stuttering or screen tearing no matter how busy your screen gets with all the enemies. The loot system has changed slighly and rare drops don't accur that often anymore but feels more rewrding when something rare drops. The difficulty is well balanced for any players, from the more casual players up to the hardcore players who'd like to test their skills.

If you don't own this gme yet i'd advise you to go buy it as there is no PS4 complete without this!
  7. Jan 4, 2015
    As a long time running fan of Diablo, since my High School years, I have always played Diablo non-stop, for literally hours on in. Diablo III Reaper of Souls UEE is no different in anyway whatsoever. Diablo III ROS UEE has all the makings of a perfect RPG and MMORPG! The best Character classes; my favorite being the Demon Hunter following is the Crusader with the Wizard next in line forAs a long time running fan of Diablo, since my High School years, I have always played Diablo non-stop, for literally hours on in. Diablo III Reaper of Souls UEE is no different in anyway whatsoever. Diablo III ROS UEE has all the makings of a perfect RPG and MMORPG! The best Character classes; my favorite being the Demon Hunter following is the Crusader with the Wizard next in line for supreme bada$$dom by far. Been playing it now for 80+ hours and am barely on my 5 character almost at level 70. I would recommend this game to any RPG fans out there, who love fast pace+huge hordes of enemies on higher difficulties! Overall, this game is worth every penny I didn't have to spend on it, because my sister gifted it to me. :) Expand
  8. Sep 9, 2014
    Diablo III, FINALLY getting its due 2+ years after its PC launch. This comes from someone who rarely plays PC and had never played D1 or D2 until trying out the D3 release on PS3.

I have since played through D1 and a good amount of D2 on PC. For those who don't know, Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition (Reaper of Souls) slays its predecessors - no contest! While not a perfect game, it really has fixed so many of the annoyances and flaws of not only Diablo III but previous Diablos. Even the almighty Diablo II is a slog compared to this. Don't believe me? Go back and try it... and say hello to early arthritis as you click incessantly just to pick up gold, other drops, and attack. And realize one of the reasons you sunk so much time into D2 was because of the crippling inventory space...

Diablo III controls like a dream on PS3. Solid drops, awesome graphics and framerate (even online), fantastic sound and voice acting, it's the complete package.

My biggest gripe is how little punishment there is for dying. It's not even a speed bump, especially in multiplayer. A sign of the mainstream times? Granted, you could play Hardcore (death=forever) but that's an extreme solution to what should be seen as a backbone component of the game. Make us feel like we're being punished or losing *something* besides loose change I'm going to plink down anyway next time I'm in town.

Besides that gripe, I'm hard-pressed to think of anything else that really bothers me. Everything has been so streamlined... including the Blacksmith, Jeweler, and Artisan which really add to the replay value.

I wasn't around for the abysmal launch of Diablo III on PC back in 2012, but I do know this is a drastic departure. If you're new to the series or are willing to give Diablo another chance, you won't be disappointed. This is imo the best modern co-op out there.
  9. Oct 1, 2014
    Fun and engaging classes including the new Crusader class. All the addictive attributes that the second Diablo game had minus a compelling story. Worth a buy.
  10. Apr 10, 2016
    As the first episode of the franchise (and from Blizzard in general) on console it is fare to say that the game was very expected, let's see how they did.

First technically the game is very solid without any bugs to report after more than 20 hours of gameplay, and no framerate issue even when there is fifty enemies and four players on the screen. About the graphics there is very nice hand-drawn backgrounds but it doesn't change the facts that the game isn't beautiful and not particularly worthy of the PS4.

About the gameplay, Diablo is known for being the king of hack'n slash and well it sure is everything you'll expect from the genre, diferent class with gameplay subtleties, nice leveling, coop and looting systems, it's very solid once again but it lacks any surprise and the whole game is basically smashing those buttons, there's no moments to recall especially except maybe the bosses but once again you killed them like any other enemy, it just takes longer.

Concerning the story I was surprised in a good way about how detailed it was, it's really a good heroic-fantasy story with a well developed universe around it and the extension (Reaper of Souls is a very good follow up on it). The game story (including the extension) will last about 20 hours, but once you've done with the story mode you can always go grinding for better loot in dungeons that will always change of display (number and characteristics of enemies) that can keep you coming back for more.

In conclusion Diablo 3 is a fun game very solid in all aspects but without anything out of the extraordinary which makes it a fine game if you're looking for a fun coop or hack'n slash experience but not unmissable.
  11. Aug 22, 2014
    Diablo 3 on ps3 or ps4 is amazing how the game works on consoles is what the game should be from the beginning. This version Evil Ultimate Edition is what every fan of this incredible series should acquire. I recommend everyone this amazing game.
  12. Oct 14, 2014
    I haven played Diablo since Diablo 1 way back and the campaing story in 3 was pretty boring/week but the endgame is really where this game shines, even for a semi-casual player like myself. Overall the game is extremely polished and with a few lucky drops you can climb the difficulty levels faster than I had imagined. Speaking of loot there always seems to be a drop that catches you byI haven played Diablo since Diablo 1 way back and the campaing story in 3 was pretty boring/week but the endgame is really where this game shines, even for a semi-casual player like myself. Overall the game is extremely polished and with a few lucky drops you can climb the difficulty levels faster than I had imagined. Speaking of loot there always seems to be a drop that catches you by surprise, which shows the developers really are thinking outside the box and this makes one wanting to come back for more. Also the recently added v2 patch made things even more inteteresting. I only recently tried multiplayer and had a blast too. The truly great games make you love your character and with Diablo 3 this is certainly the case. This is also the first game ever I enjoy more in German than in English, which speaks volumes for the efffort taken in the translation/synchronisation. Still as a RPG addict I have to substract one point for the lackluster campaign story. Expand
  13. Feb 21, 2015
    This is yet another quasi "game of the year edition with exclusive content that is exclusive simply to double the game's fan base" *gasp*

As a huge fan of Diablo 3, I was quite ticked off that the extra act and character wasn't DLC (which is how many thought it would be when the expansion was first announced.) To be honest, I originally had no intention of buying the PS4 version. I was content with the last gen version. But I REALLY wanted to play the expansion, but didn't want to buy it again for last gen. So I caved and got it for the PS4.

Visually the original section are exactly the same as on last gen. The expansion areas do look a little better and detailed, but not much.

Where the Ultimate Evil edition redeems itself is a wealth of new content and rebalanced game mechanics. I still think it should have been possible as an add-on to the original. While grumble about being double dipped, at least I kinda got money's worth.

Overall:
    Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil edition is a blatant cash grab, but a damn good one at least. Worth getting if you've played the original. A must if you haven't.

Side Note:
    If I had not play the original, I would have scored this a 9.5.
  14. Aug 28, 2014
    Its seems that i review with alot of 10 ratings, but its because i only play games that i read about and research beforehand. Im not cheap, i'm just not an idiot. You will never catch me with a poorly made game.....that being said, THIS GAME IS AWESOME. It's crack for gamers. The game was good before and now even better with this "new" edition of the game. Reaper of souls expansion hasIts seems that i review with alot of 10 ratings, but its because i only play games that i read about and research beforehand. Im not cheap, i'm just not an idiot. You will never catch me with a poorly made game.....that being said, THIS GAME IS AWESOME. It's crack for gamers. The game was good before and now even better with this "new" edition of the game. Reaper of souls expansion has alot of awesome new weapons, gear, and loot. New enchanting shop as well. You will have a problem putting this game down because it almost never ends and now with adventure mode, you literally will always have something to do when you boot up the game each time. Paragon levels add more things to do after you hit lvl 70 and a new bloodshard system which you can gamble on mystery items to get better loot. I could talk all day about this game so just try it for yourself and you will know what i mean. Amazing game! Expand
  15. Dec 26, 2014
    Evil finaly came to the PS4 and it's a good port.
    Diablo 3 UE plays and feels almost like on the PC sometimes even better.
    Solid frame rate on the console, doesn't freeze and graphics are up to the PC version. Of course on the highest settings the PC version will look better but I would say that the PS4 version looks like high PC settings. Sounds and gameplay is solid and the port is
    Evil finaly came to the PS4 and it's a good port.
    Diablo 3 UE plays and feels almost like on the PC sometimes even better.
    Sounds and gameplay is solid and the port is very polished. Textures in some places look worse then on PC but ypu really need to look.
    Then things I don't like is the inventory and the targeting system when you play a ranged character. Some times you either hit the wrong enemy or don't hit at all. With mele characters it's better.
    Solid 8 out of 10 for me. Got it on sale new for 29£ and is worth the price!
  16. Aug 28, 2014
    So is the first time I've played a diablo game, never interested me on pc , as clicking a mouse button to attack has always felt like a disconnect. Not going to bother saying too much, everyone knows what this game entails, basically loot pursuit. After finishing the game on easy I bumped up a difficulty level then another one mid game, wasn't until I got a 1700 attk weapon (aboutSo is the first time I've played a diablo game, never interested me on pc , as clicking a mouse button to attack has always felt like a disconnect. Not going to bother saying too much, everyone knows what this game entails, basically loot pursuit. After finishing the game on easy I bumped up a difficulty level then another one mid game, wasn't until I got a 1700 attk weapon (about halfway through the story) that the battles tipped back into my favour, so I instantly ramped the difficulty up again for bigger rewards.

Being able to do this difficulty adjustment for me is a huge plus, it really does cater to your personal preference, and being a game based on numbers (drool) the difference is instant and noticeable, as are the rewards.

As a side note, my friend works on an island resort off the Eastern coast of Australia as a chef, stays away from his family for a week at a time, and pumps hours into his ps4. He told me he wouldn't get it because he has no internet, which I let him know that was only pc, this is the perfect game to while away hours and hours and to keep yourself out of trouble with lol.
  17. Sep 6, 2014
    would of gave it a 10, but its an odd on to a game that should of been completed as such.

Instead it gets a solid 9. This is what D3 should of been from the start.
  18. Nov 12, 2014
    Diablo III on PS4/XB1 is the definitive edition for me. Yes, Diablo "is a PC game" and "#PCMasterRace!" and all that, but I can't ignore just how much more fun Diablo is with a controller, not to mention same-screen co-op! Inviting friends over to play has become a weekly thing, and we love almost every minute of it!

Blizzard did an admirable job condensing the inventory and skills

Blizzard did an admirable job condensing the inventory and skills management into a workable solution for console, and it works really, really well... when playing by yourself or online. However, (and this is why it's a 9 instead of a 10) the quick-equip system is not nearly robust enough for same-screen co-op, especially with three or four players. We have a house rule that no one drags everyone else into staring at their menus unless we're in town, or someone finds a legendary. This is often broken later in the game, though, because three colored arrows in three categories is just not enough information to determine whether you want to switch to that new axe you just found. Invariably, one person wants to make a change, and then everyone does, and before we know it, we've spent ten minutes in menus, only two of which pertained to you. Quick-equip works well until about level 50-60, but it breaks down as soon as you start caring about elemental or individual skill % boosts and other stats that aren't really reflected in green and red arrows. The menus are fine for the most part when playing online or by yourself, and quick-equip is so close to working really well in same-screen co-op. However, if we just had a little more information, that would be super fantastic.

Besides that, UEE is excellent, and it's my favorite local multiplayer game in a long time! Even though I spent 300+ hours on Diablo III on PC including Reaper of Souls, I can't imagine going back.
  19. Nov 22, 2014
    Pay attention game developers. This is how you convert a PC game to consoles and get it right. Plays well, awesome multiplayer and more loot to collect then you can shake a stick at. Highly recommended.
  20. Jan 11, 2015
    Like the sales clerk told me, Diablo 3 on the PS4 is "Awesome Sauce."
    Like the sales clerk told me, Diablo 3 on the PS4 is "Awesome Sauce."
    I wouldn't dare give a 10/10 to any other recent game, but Blizzard's Diablo 3 Ultimate Edition on PS4 is 100% worthy of such a high rating. Unlike so many triple-A titles these days, Diablo 3 is a game that actually works; it runs smooth, the graphics are crisp, frame-rate is solid as a rock, and all of the controls are very responsive. Audio has also been upgraded. Blizzard's developers did a wonderful job retouching all the details of this huge game and its many levels; they all look amazing and are a very noticeable upgrade from the PS3 version. While I'm sure no one plays Diablo for the graphics, this is by far the best-looking version of Diablo to date. The animations in combat are just awesome; both you and your enemies have been retouched as their animations in combat look better, especially as the crowd of enemies starts to grow, the frame-rate stays solid and the clusters of enemies are more detailed. The beautifully-designed combat animations with lots of bright lights and brilliant colors come to life on the battlefield as you make your way through the hordes of enemies, it's eye-candy!

The next thing Blizzard did right was to add content, and tons of it. This game has so much content, you could easily play it for hundreds of hours without retracing your steps. I've put 100 hours into it myself and I know I've only scratched the surface of this huge game. Even if you've already completely beaten the original version, the Reaper of Souls / Ultimate Edition adds so many extras. Not to mention, Blizzard gave us an entirely new class, the Crusader, which will give even platinum trophy holders a cool new character to level-up and explore the game with.

Put it this way: If you have a PS4 but you don't own Diablo 3, you're really missing-out on one of the best games in the whole PS4 catalog.
  21. Nov 21, 2015
    Fun, addictive and pretty game, full of colours and good sound, great range of weapons. But repetitive and no replayability. Sold after first play through.
  22. Mar 24, 2016
    Always been a huge fan of the Diablo series. The new installment is by far the best! Graphics are gorgeous and that addictive hack and slash repeat is just to much fun! i have played for hundreds of hours...have two characters at max level 70. After reaching level 70 you can still gain XP but also gain Paragon points. these allow you to buff up your stats for each character. Playing withAlways been a huge fan of the Diablo series. The new installment is by far the best! Graphics are gorgeous and that addictive hack and slash repeat is just to much fun! i have played for hundreds of hours...have two characters at max level 70. After reaching level 70 you can still gain XP but also gain Paragon points. these allow you to buff up your stats for each character. Playing with friends is really the best way to enjoy Diablo 3. Not only do you gain better chances at scoring better gear and weapons but gain more XP also. It is definitely one of my favorite PS4 games and might even be in my top 20 of all time. Expand
  23. Aug 31, 2014
    This game is phenomenal! I loved every second of it. The graphics, sound, and especially the cutscenes are all fantastic! The game is even better when played co-op.
  24. Aug 19, 2014
    At first i was a little disappointed as although everything looks a bit shinier it doesnt look like THAT great an improvement graphically. Thats where the disappointment ended, Blizzard have changed the game in so many little ways from the PS3 that never even seemed to be an issue but they improved it anyway, too many to list here but as a fan of the first rendition on the PS3 i can sayAt first i was a little disappointed as although everything looks a bit shinier it doesnt look like THAT great an improvement graphically. Thats where the disappointment ended, Blizzard have changed the game in so many little ways from the PS3 that never even seemed to be an issue but they improved it anyway, too many to list here but as a fan of the first rendition on the PS3 i can say that this upgrade is worth every penny. Plus the new Crusader class was built for me i LOVE it! Also the fact the loading times are practically zero means this is already worth the money before you even started! Expand
  25. Aug 21, 2014
    Having not played a diablo game since diablo 2, I was mega excited to get D3 on the PS4. Supposing it is a PC game first, it works really well on console and all the controls are easy to use. You can play both online and offline, as either "couch co-op" or as a solo warrior. It runs really smoothly and the game in itself is excellent. I've played it for a good few hours now and haven'tHaving not played a diablo game since diablo 2, I was mega excited to get D3 on the PS4. Supposing it is a PC game first, it works really well on console and all the controls are easy to use. You can play both online and offline, as either "couch co-op" or as a solo warrior. It runs really smoothly and the game in itself is excellent. I've played it for a good few hours now and haven't even touched the surface of what can be done. The biggest change I have noticed from playing D2 is that you don't have to use scrolls to teleport back to town, you just press right on the D-pad and you teleport back. All loot that enemies drop is your own, so if you see it on the screen it is yours to collect so their is no trepidation about who is going to get what loot. It is essentially just a hack and slash game where you run around slicing and dicing monsters, and it is a great one at that. Expand
  26. Aug 19, 2014
    Personally I prefer using a controller over mouse and keypad with this game, not to mention from the comfort of my couch with friends. Regardless of the platform, at the end of the day, this game is a blast to play. Tons of content and replay value.
  27. Aug 27, 2014
    Diablo III is my first venture into the Diablo series and I am hooked. The controls are quick to learn and responsive, the gameplay is chaotic and fun, and the amount of replay value you'll get out of this game is insane. I purchased this game on Friday and have been playing it any chance I can get since then. I'm addicted! The only reason I am not giving this game a 10/10 is due to co-opDiablo III is my first venture into the Diablo series and I am hooked. The controls are quick to learn and responsive, the gameplay is chaotic and fun, and the amount of replay value you'll get out of this game is insane. I purchased this game on Friday and have been playing it any chance I can get since then. I'm addicted! The only reason I am not giving this game a 10/10 is due to co-op problems I have ran into. At times it can be hard to connect to a friend and the connection hasn't been the best when a group and friend and I are finally able to play together. Expand
  28. Aug 21, 2014
    I'm new to Diablo but I'm really enjoying this one the dialog is a little stale but that doesn't really take much away from the game for me. There is a lot of customizations as far as weapons, armor, and moves that aren't overly complicated to switch around for the style you want to achieve. Definitely worth playing.
  29. Aug 22, 2014
    Having not played a Diablo game I was a sophomore in high school, I was a little reluctant to purchasing this Diablo III. To my surprise, it's a very fun and enjoyable game. I had my skepticism about it due to it being a PC game; however, the control scheme works very well and is very easy to learn quickly. Some of my friends, who also have the PC version, have said they enjoy the PS4Having not played a Diablo game I was a sophomore in high school, I was a little reluctant to purchasing this Diablo III. To my surprise, it's a very fun and enjoyable game. I had my skepticism about it due to it being a PC game; however, the control scheme works very well and is very easy to learn quickly. Some of my friends, who also have the PC version, have said they enjoy the PS4 version a lot more.

My first character was a Monk and I must say that I've been enjoying my time with this character (Her name is Bunny by the way) and I haven't felt that nagging drag that is easy for me to get when playing other RPG's. My only suggestion about buying this game is to have friends who are playing it as well. While it is not needed, you will get more enjoyment out of it if you are playing with more people.

The game isn't perfect though. I find myself skipping the story in favor for the gameplay. Talking to NPC's have become a "Keep hitting 'O' until they're done talking" situation. I probably will go back and actually pay attention to the story when I decide to start a new character though.

If you've never played a Diablo game, I highly recommend that you pick this up.
  30. Dec 10, 2014
    The game plays like the old Gauntlet games from playstation and the arcade. The only real difference is that diablo 3 is open world, has better graphics, more skills, and the ability to get better armor and weaponry. All in all this game is amazing and a must have if you liked Gauntlet from the old days. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who gets a ps4.
  31. Aug 19, 2014
    Never played Diablo before and not so many great games for PS4 yet so picked this up today. LOVE it! I got up to level 21 crusader in about 8 hours or so. Best game for PS4 yet.
  32. Sep 1, 2014
    Bought it for the PC, PS4 and the Xbox One. Love it on the PC for the seasonal mode, however the Ps4 seems more complete and polished than the Xbox One mode. The only drawback is not being able to use a controller on the PC version. In any case, this is one game I don't get bored of so easily. The campaign is engaging enough to want to learn and hear all of the stories. Whether youBought it for the PC, PS4 and the Xbox One. Love it on the PC for the seasonal mode, however the Ps4 seems more complete and polished than the Xbox One mode. The only drawback is not being able to use a controller on the PC version. In any case, this is one game I don't get bored of so easily. The campaign is engaging enough to want to learn and hear all of the stories. Whether you want to cast magic or swing your sword or simply do both, there's a champion for you to play. Try them all along with a follower and you won't feel lonely. the followers also keep up with you and the story as it evolves. Expand
  33. Sep 7, 2014
    I have been a Diablo fan for a long time, enjoying D2, D2:LoD and also played the PC version of D3 extensively when it was first released.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition is a fantastic iteration of this game, especially making it available to the consoles. I have played this on PS3, PS4 and Xbox One, and thoroughly enjoyed the experience of playing this game with a controller. To be honest, the controls are so accessible, I prefer playing it on the console over PC.

The base game is the same as it has been, which is very good by itself. The addition of the End-Game rifts and final Act definitely make this game shine. One of the main complaints with the original was that the game was nonstop repetition. Once you completed the campaign, the option was to do the campaign again at a higher difficulty. This, for some, made the game stale after initial completion. The End-Game Adventure mode changed all that.

The addition of another character to your class choice was a fantastic idea and very well executed. The Loading times for the game are next to nothing, which was a huge change from the PC version. Transition from point to point was seamless. The game doesn't overpower you with cutscenes, and the graphics are very good. The improvement is not as drastic as I would have liked to see from last gen to current gen, but it is difficult to dock too much for that.

The 4 Player local option was a great idea, and flawlessly executed. Far too few games exist today that take into account that some people just like sitting together and gaming.

Diablo was able to get local multiplayer correct, and for that, that must be praised.
  34. Aug 23, 2014
    Smooth, beautiful, and user friendly.
    Smooth, beautiful, and user friendly.
    Great for new comers to the series and even better for those of use who have played Diablo III with a mouse and keyboard. The controller is a god send for my hand. I stopped playing Diablo III on the computer because of the extreme strain it put on my mouse hand. I picked up the new controls for the XboxOne and was 100 percent proficient in less than 5 minutes (same for PS4), I've never seen a Keyboard and Mouse game ported to a console in such an elegant manner. Just the fact that you can move with the joystick makes the action so much more visceral but aiming your attacks and using the buttons and triggers takes that to a whole new level, adding a bit of God of War to Diablo.

As for graphics the PS4 seems to just edge out the XboxOne a little bit but it's hardly noticeable, they both run at 60 frames and that seems to stay constant for both consoles. The only thing I noticed was I couldn't tell what an object on the ground in a dark cabin was on the Xbone, when I played through that park it was obvious the object was a dead villager.

This is by far the best PC to console port done to date and gives hope for other companies to do the same thing. If you told me 2 weeks ago that a PC game would be better on console I would have laughed in your face. Now I think everyone with a PS4 or Xbone should own this game. Just give it a try, you will get hooked.
  35. Aug 31, 2014
    Diablo is back! This is the best version of Diablo III, with great visuals, control scheme, framerate, online features... Amazingly fun and addictive!! An action RPG that will provide you hundreds of hours worth of gameplay thanks to it's replay value.
  36. Aug 27, 2014
    After spending copious amounts of time on Diablo 3 on PC, I can say that I feel that this game was actually made for (and better on) consoles.

The game looks fantastic on PS4, and the sound effects are amazing (albiet way too loud at a default setting). I had to turn the Master Volume down to 10% for this game for the sound to be bearable and to be able to hear someone over the headset if you have both coming through there, which you probably will if you have something like the Wireless Gold headset.

The game FEELS great with a controller. I've played all three Diablo games and have put in a large amount of time in total. The game actually feels more natural to me with a controller than it does with a keyboard and mouse.

There is a great amount of content, and Blizzard has confirmed that they will release content patches (free, I'd bet, since PC patches are) to coincide with the PC version.

For anyone not familiar with the series, be advised that the point of the game is to kill creatures non-stop. That's really it. Kill, loot, repeat. If it seems grindy or repetitive, it is. But that is the point of a game like Diablo.. to get the absolute best loot possible, then to do it all over again. It's not taxing on strategy, but it is there. The game can be simple but with 12 difficulty settings, it's easy to find a challenge.

In all, I'm very happy with this purchase and highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a simple but fun game.
  37. Aug 27, 2014
    This game is amazing. As a kid I remember waking up before school EXTREMELY early to play the original Diablo. This game goes even higher. It's got my wife (who is in no, way shape or form a video-gamer) staying up in all wakes of the night playing this game. It's an amazing game and I can for sure say it's my favorite game on my PS4 right now.
  38. Aug 25, 2014
    When they announced that Diablo 3 would be coming to the PS4 along with the Reaper of Souls DLC, I knew this was something I couldn't pass up. I have always been a dungeon crawler fan (Champions of Norrath anyone?) and with the power of the PS4 along with it, Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition is an RPG that you can't miss! Anybody who is a fan of Diablo needs to pick this up, grab someWhen they announced that Diablo 3 would be coming to the PS4 along with the Reaper of Souls DLC, I knew this was something I couldn't pass up. I have always been a dungeon crawler fan (Champions of Norrath anyone?) and with the power of the PS4 along with it, Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition is an RPG that you can't miss! Anybody who is a fan of Diablo needs to pick this up, grab some buddies, and begin pushing back the forces of Hell! Expand
  39. Aug 19, 2014
    The definitive version of diablo 3 has more content than you could expect for 60 dollars. Need I say more? Great game with very welcoming multiplayer. 10/10
  40. Aug 21, 2014
    You should buy this game instantly!!
    It's the first time i played Diablo and it rocks.
    Superb gameplay.
    Graphical impressive and the cutscenes are beautiful.
    So don't hesitate and get it now!!!!!
  41. Aug 21, 2014
    I have never liked these sort of top down view fantasy action rpg games before, which makes this game ever so special to me. The combat system in this game is second to none, I love all the abilities and attacks you can unlock for your character. The levelling up system is amazing, so satisfying. You can unlock your abilities down the line then unlock runes for them to alter there affects.I have never liked these sort of top down view fantasy action rpg games before, which makes this game ever so special to me. The combat system in this game is second to none, I love all the abilities and attacks you can unlock for your character. The levelling up system is amazing, so satisfying. You can unlock your abilities down the line then unlock runes for them to alter there affects. It is a action rpg, but for me personally it's more like a very addictive dungeon crawler, it's not open world and you don't really have a choice in the storyline, and side quests are randomly given out in the open. All of this does not hinder my fun and enjoyment of the game one bit, I have had such a blast and I'm loving it more and more as I go along. The cutscenes are breathtaking, such stellar voice acting and animations. Just unbelievable, I know I'll be spending at least a hundred hours or more with this interactive, addictive piece of genius. Expand
  42. Sep 9, 2014
    I played back two years ago when this game was first released. I hate sitting at my computer using mouse and keyboard to game, and this game wouldn't let me use a controller at all. So, I got bored and moved on shortly after beating Diablo.

Now I can play with gamepad on my couch or remote play in bed, and still have the same visual quality of the PC version. I really think this game was meant for consoles. The combat and loot is addicting enough to warrant hundreds of hours of play, and I probably will play for hundreds of hours. To me this is the best action RPG ever made.

There are only a few cons here, such as the weird way saving is handled in adventure mode. It resets every time you quit, which can be frustrating when you have to stop suddenly. The story is also less than satisfying. It can be interesting at times, but honestly adventure mode is the best way to play this game.

Other than that, the game is perfect. The looting, fighting, crafting, skills/runes, UI, and environments are all top-notch. And it only took ~10 years.
  43. Aug 25, 2014
    If you haven't played D3 since it's PC launch, this is not the same game. Blizzard has reworked the whole system to create an entirely new and better game. The launch was awful, but at the end of the day this is a fun and addicting game. One reason to love the console edition is that this could be the greatest couch co-op we've had in a decade. Please read my entire review atIf you haven't played D3 since it's PC launch, this is not the same game. Blizzard has reworked the whole system to create an entirely new and better game. The launch was awful, but at the end of the day this is a fun and addicting game. One reason to love the console edition is that this could be the greatest couch co-op we've had in a decade. Please read my entire review at http://bit.ly/Diablo3UEE Expand
  44. Aug 28, 2014
    Solid gameplay, unique art style, tons of glyphs to make your spells neat.
    Couch-Coop is AWESOME.
    Can't ask for much more...except perhaps a story a little less cheesy...
  45. Sep 9, 2014
    This game is fantastic! I played it on PC but got it for PS4 to play with a group of friends coming over for a weekend and we had a blast. I like it more than on PC - I just feel I can spend more time with it while playing on my couch and not at my desk. The only reason this is not a 10 is because of the menu when playing with friends - it takes forever to change gear/level up andThis game is fantastic! I played it on PC but got it for PS4 to play with a group of friends coming over for a weekend and we had a blast. I like it more than on PC - I just feel I can spend more time with it while playing on my couch and not at my desk. The only reason this is not a 10 is because of the menu when playing with friends - it takes forever to change gear/level up and everyone usually has to do it at the same time. The storage is a big improvement though - I like the PC version of it but it takes more time to organize. With this console menu setup you can just pick loot up and not worry about it, making it a quicker pick up and play game. A forge all button would be very welcome but I digress. Overall great experience and I do not think I could go back to playing it on PC, ever. Expand
  46. Nov 20, 2014
    Diablo 3 was a wonderfully designed masterpiece by Blizzard Entertainment. I would recommend this game to most, if not all of my friends as it provides a sense of fun and entertainment.
  47. Aug 20, 2014
    This game is a MUST buy for all the RPG fans that own a PS4. It is an amazing game!

(Your review must be at least 150 characters long.)
    (Nothing else to say so this is what I have to say)
  48. Sep 7, 2014
    A great game with a great feel of combat. This game is pretty much flawless when it comes to gameplay, the graphics are beautiful, the multiplayer is amazing, and it's easy to play. this game has an added "co-op" mode if your playing with friends at your place. it's a fun game to play when drunk i say because the controls are simple. the character customization fits really well as you canA great game with a great feel of combat. This game is pretty much flawless when it comes to gameplay, the graphics are beautiful, the multiplayer is amazing, and it's easy to play. this game has an added "co-op" mode if your playing with friends at your place. it's a fun game to play when drunk i say because the controls are simple. the character customization fits really well as you can tailor your character to your likings along with the many various classes, yet one thing which would be nice is if you could actually change the face of your character and his/her build. Once your done the campaign the game's purpose is to level up to get better armour and so on. the only other game that is this "hack and slushy" in my opinion is "space marine". this is defiantly worth looking into.

-a solid 9/10
  49. Aug 30, 2014
    My favorite version of this game. I got to Paragon lvl 135 on PC and have just put in 6 hours on this version. I gotta say this version so far is pretty awesome. Smooth FPS, brutal gameplay, and a good loot system. The control scheme on the ps4 is really easy to pickup.
  50. Nov 12, 2014
    Really great game! after patch it's like new one! new items, rifts, etc. no frame rate drop!
    If you like chack&slash RPG it's a must have title for you.
  51. Jan 17, 2015
    Absolutely love this game, especially with what they did to it in the long run. The devs basically turned it around from start of the pc version. So much loot, different styles of setups to take down the most challenging mobs on Tier 6. Anyone who loves crazy amount of loot and destroying anything and everything NEEDS to purchase this as soon as possible.
  52. Jun 10, 2016
    This game came out two years ago and it's still ten times better than most of the games coming out now.
    Graphics 10/10
    Gameplay 10/10 Sound 10/10 Story 10/10 Replayability 10/10 It's the kinda game that you never tire of playing. Warning: This game is highly addictive. You may lose your job, find yourself single and broke. Please remember to eat, drink, sleep, shower and use the
    Graphics 10/10
    Gameplay 10/10
    Sound 10/10
    Story 10/10
    Replayability 10/10
    It's the kinda game that you never tire of playing.
    Warning: This game is highly addictive. You may lose your job, find yourself single and broke. Please remember to eat, drink, sleep, shower and use the toilet regularly.
    Hell has never been more fun.
  53. Aug 19, 2014
    ps4 version much better than pc love it on a game pad excellentps4 version much better than pc love it on a game pad excellent ....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... Expand
  54. Aug 20, 2014
    Absolutely amazing!! Best game Ihave played in a longtime. Love the PC version, but this is even better. Having a few beers at home with friends and playing Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition... So much fun!!!
  55. Aug 26, 2014
    Already in Act 2 on the console version (Xbox One). This is by far the best version of Diablo. Of course I only played the PC version. Played together with my brother and cousin. And now, I prefer playing Diablo on the couch. Graphics is way better.

This is the way Diablo 3 is meant to be played.
  56. Nov 1, 2014
    I have played this for hours, hoping for SO much more based on the reviews. It is a truly dull, repetitive game. I simply don't understand how this floats anyone's boat in the modern gaming universe. Primitive gaming. Lame is the word that comes to mind. I can only imagine a child enjoying this.
  57. Aug 19, 2014
    Long after the game's release its finaly looks good and balanced. Developers listened to the players and made the game better than it was the original Diablo 3. Recommend to familiarize with Diablo 3 is from this edition.
  58. Sep 28, 2014
    This game could be good but not... At the beginning from 0 to 5-8 levels are pretty hard. I was in normal difficulty but I died many times. Then I just got level 30 and from now... nothing. I play in expert but not even goes low my HP. I killed all the bosses without a single die. Sooo sooo boring and repetitive game after the lower levels. No new skills, nothing. I love Diablo and I thinkThis game could be good but not... At the beginning from 0 to 5-8 levels are pretty hard. I was in normal difficulty but I died many times. Then I just got level 30 and from now... nothing. I play in expert but not even goes low my HP. I killed all the bosses without a single die. Sooo sooo boring and repetitive game after the lower levels. No new skills, nothing. I love Diablo and I think Diablo 3 wasn't that bad but now... its really bad. Expand
  59. Aug 27, 2014
    Really addicting game. The cutscenes look hella good. Lots of enemies and different loot. Really cool level up system and lots of powers/runes to unlock. Best way to keep occupied until destiny.
  60. Sep 9, 2014
    Must buy!Must buy!Must buy!Must buy!Must buy!Must buy!Must buy!Must buy!Must buy!Must buy!Must buy!Must buy!Must buy!Must buy!Must buy!Must buy!Must buy!Must buy!Must buy!Must buy!Must buy!Must buy!Must buy!Must buy!
  61. Aug 19, 2014
    AwesomAwesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!e!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!AwesomAwesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!e!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!
  62. Aug 31, 2014
    I had to write a review after so many praises for this game. For me this game is really boring and repetitive. After playing 5 mins there is not much new you can do. Sure you can upgrade your gear, get new skills but basically its just same button smashing all over again.

Even the graphics are so boring that in the crypt you might accidentally run backwards for 5 mins before realising you have been there before.
    The only reason to get this game is same coach co-op. But I would wait that the price drops to 15$ or less.
  63. Sep 16, 2014
    I have bought this game for PC, PS3 and PS4...... No Difference in Story or Gameplay. Just like Diablo 2 except in that time Diablo and Diablo 2 pretty fun games in that time. Im just not a fan of little people on screen running around fighting waves of little monsters.
  64. Aug 20, 2014
    Preview:

Great game, i got pc version but console is simply better, expecial local coop. What is terrible is language version policy. Im from Poland and I love my polish version of diablo on PC. I was forced to buy UK version of game while i live abroad. In case of other games game Polish language is icluded but not this time. If blue ray is too small(i dont belive) then there
    Preview:

Great game, i got pc version but console is simply better, expecial local coop.

What is terrible is language version policy.

Im from Poland and I love my polish version of diablo on PC. I was forced to buy UK version of game while i live abroad. In case of other games game Polish language is icluded but not this time. If blue ray is too small(i dont belive) then there should be option to download language pack from internet as DLC options. Now I stuck with English version, its fine but not as good as polish. ps. even french version of inFamous contain polish language pack, please learn this blizzard
  65. Jan 27, 2015
    if you're autistic you may like it. but its highly repetitive, all set within a "central hub" area with no interesting points. simply do the same thing over and over again with little substance.

while a minor point, the graphics (and aesthetics) are terrible. there are actually browser games which are better
  66. Dec 6, 2014
    according to reviews and Meta`s i expect more than this. i`ve played all versions of Starcraft from beginning of it and that was a great - really great- game. but diablo is so boring. i just played it because i gave money for it. its graphic is not for ps4.
    but i have to be just: its story is good and i like to know what happened at last.
  67. Sep 2, 2015
    This game was looking good until patch 2.3 came out then they decided to trash singleplayer by empowering groups to the point that its the only way to get crafting materials. I see they're now back to their old tricks of trashing and ignoring their player base whom have come to understand the dark side of blizzard. They have some terrible habits and picking only what they want to hear andThis game was looking good until patch 2.3 came out then they decided to trash singleplayer by empowering groups to the point that its the only way to get crafting materials. I see they're now back to their old tricks of trashing and ignoring their player base whom have come to understand the dark side of blizzard. They have some terrible habits and picking only what they want to hear and ignoring anything that could actually help and make the game better. The game is now a product of easy linear win with nothing to do but grind paragons and wait for sets to drop then reroll till you go blind. Expand
  68. Dec 31, 2014
    What a borefest has this become! You see I was a big fan of the first Diablo when I was about 12 to 14 years old. Granted, I also thought the Power Rangers were the best thing to ever come on tv. I thought clicking (un)dead things and making them eu... dead was pretty cool back then. I couldn't count how many times I've played it from start to... almost finish. Almost because I was alwaysWhat a borefest has this become! You see I was a big fan of the first Diablo when I was about 12 to 14 years old. Granted, I also thought the Power Rangers were the best thing to ever come on tv. I thought clicking (un)dead things and making them eu... dead was pretty cool back then. I couldn't count how many times I've played it from start to... almost finish. Almost because I was always afraid of going up against Diablo himself and I chickened out :-). Off course, eventually I picked up the game again and played it from start to finish with a new character that I hadn't seen before, the monk. Diablo was kind off underwelming off course, after years of living of fear of him I killed him in one try in under a minute. Never played the game again.
    Now Diablo 3 is here, I have the ultimate edition on my PS4. The first thing I notice that somehow I get the feeling I have to slash a lot longer to get a single monster killed. This kinda gets the action out of the game. It also makes it extremely repetitive. I know that Diablo was always a repetitive game and that a lot of the appeal lies in the balance between weapons and armor. The next item is always just out of reach, but not too far out of reach. The thing is, that's not really the case anymore now that the so called "legendary" items drop every 5 minutes. Also, where I used to have the feeling that a new weapon felt more powerful or at least felt different then the last, in Diablo 3 all weapons feel the same to me. Off course, maybe it was just my childish imagination that made the weapons feel different in the past.
    You might argue that I haven't played the game long enough. I keep reading people say the game only REALLY starts at level 75. Well, I've now played around 9 hours. I'm at level 30-ish and have had no fun at all in any off those 9 hours. I really don't see why I would want to spend another 10-15 hours on this game just so I can reach level 75 and see if it might get a bit better. I don't see why I would want that and I don't see why the game would be designed that way. I don't believe for a second that this bore-fest could get any better beyond mediocre anyway.
    This has been my biggest disappointment of the year, closely followed by WWE 2K15 (the difference is that I saw the latter disappointment coming).
  69. Aug 21, 2014
    Its an entertaining game but In my honest opinion this game its not worth $60 at all. Do not believe all the hype, download the demo first.

The dialogues, the story, the button smashing until every enemy is dead… its just way too much of the same thing going on for ever. Diablo 3 its all about the loot and trying to get better weapons or armor over and over so its not for me. I have

I have waited since it came out on pc to play it, then waited some for the PS4 release… and I feel like I wasted my money... $30-$35 its a reasonable price range for this game. And since I already bought it, I might as well beat it, and sell it back because I won't be wasting 15-20hrs on it.
  70. May 24, 2015
    A really fun and addictive time online, single player, or with friends. If you enjoy rpg games this game is a must have. Sure it is not perfect in graphics but most definitely makes up for that everywhere else. Tons of items, tons of character builds, ton of options. I only have one complaint, Blizzard had failed to control hackers (modders) on the console version. So if you run into aA really fun and addictive time online, single player, or with friends. If you enjoy rpg games this game is a must have. Sure it is not perfect in graphics but most definitely makes up for that everywhere else. Tons of items, tons of character builds, ton of options. I only have one complaint, Blizzard had failed to control hackers (modders) on the console version. So if you run into a game with one of these hackers it can cause a minor annoyance. Almost a perfect game for me. Expand
  71. Aug 24, 2015
    Why some mentally ill people keep giving diablo3 good reviews is hard to accept. This game sucks. It's a disgrace in the history of gaming. Stay away from it.
  72. Sep 4, 2014
    I want to give this game a higher score because I love Diablo and honestly, I love this game. I haven't had anything to play on my PS4 for some time and thought I would grab this. So my thoughts are..

-The way they changed the game for controller compatibility really does work, it's fun and not hard to get used to. On the flip side if you play D3 on the PC as well, you'll find yourself wishing you could target specific mobs in large fights which can be a real pain to get over. Fortunately they dumbed down the AI quite a bit so the play with the controller ends up working out just fine with the rest of the game.

-Something I loved about PC diablo was seeing what other people were using, and the stats they had and the skill setup. Along those lines, it was fun to compare yourself with friends and even some competition over getting better gear. the PS4 version does not have that, you can check out a character when you are standing right next to them but if your friend isn't online, you can't see anything at all which is a bit sad.

-The game has integrated voice chat which is a definite plus if you're a social gamer and can help make your time spent that much more fun. 1 up on the PC version here.

-those are really my main points and just the things that really stand out to me. Other than that it's a really solid game on console.

Don't expect PC D3, think of it more like sacred or gauntlet or something, it's a top down dungeon crawler, and a great one at that. But keep in mind you will have to accept that on the console, it's really just another console dungeon crawler, it is NOT the same D3 but keep your mind open and you would probably like it.

7/10 because I REALLY liked being able to look at peoples gear and talk to them and watch chat and see items and achievements of friends and whatnot, I'm more than sure they have their reasons for not adding that to the console version, but I genuinely think that is a defining point of Diablo 3 and it feels somewhat naked without it. That said, I'll still recommend this game to anyone looking for a fun RPG for their PS4.
  73. Sep 5, 2014
    Diablo is Diablo. The Game which found the Hack'n'Slay RPG, and get copied by games like Torchlight, Path of Exile... But the mother of this genre is still the leader of this genre. Diablo 3 does not invent the genre new, but it still works. You loot, level and slay that's Diablo and it works. But Attention it's make's you more addicted then Chrystal. But the only thing that remove the oneDiablo is Diablo. The Game which found the Hack'n'Slay RPG, and get copied by games like Torchlight, Path of Exile... But the mother of this genre is still the leader of this genre. Diablo 3 does not invent the genre new, but it still works. You loot, level and slay that's Diablo and it works. But Attention it's make's you more addicted then Chrystal. But the only thing that remove the one point for 10 points is the story. A short summary of the story: Everything from hell is coming on the earth and you have to kill it. So everybody who loves RPGs need this title. Expand
  74. Sep 11, 2014
    This is my first experience at playing a Diablo game and I must say that this game is insanely addictive. I have reached level 29 and I feel like a God. The following is my breakdown of the game

Pros: 1. Very addictive. You won't realize how time passes by. 2. You are always on the hunt for more loot so that you could level up. 3. 60 frames per second makes the game buttery smooth.

Pros:
    1. Very addictive. You won't realize how time passes by.
    2. You are always on the hunt for more loot so that you could level up.
    3. 60 frames per second makes the game buttery smooth.
    4. Perfect lighting.
    5. Plenty of skills and abilities to choose from.
    6. The bigger the enemy, the more eager you are to him on and kill him. You will relish the challenge!
    7. The visuals and effects are attractive and glossy.

Cons
    1. Graphics could have been slightly better.
    2. foreground often blocks the view when you are in a dungeon.
    3. No Customization

Would definitely recommend this game to anyone whether they are RPG fans or not.
    A must buy!
  75. Oct 22, 2014
    Here are the reasons for my negative review.
    1) Monsters take the same damage no matter where you hit them. no weakness, no reason to try to attack them from behind. You just stand there in the same spot and button mash.
    Here are the reasons for my negative review.
    2) I truly believe that a skilled player in any game should be able to avoid damage. however, no matter what you do here, taking damage here is inevitable, even with the ability to dodge
  76. Feb 4, 2015
    This game still lacks too many features, and the best solution I found is going back to Diablo 2 because this game... should be never existed. Please Blizzard, do something right. For example: WoW Free.
  77. Nov 27, 2014
    Verry fun and good game. It is a little bit of disapointing that people could hack and are OP. It ammused me alot but afther hack it becomes verry boring and sucked the life out of it.
  78. Apr 3, 2015
    I am giving this a zero to balance out all of the BS good reviews that are on here. The game is not the worst but it is nowhere near enjoyable compared to any other game on the market.if you're like me and you're buying it because you like to Diablo 2 please don't make the same mistake I did by giving this game a chance. There's just so much I can say about how bad it is I don't know whereI am giving this a zero to balance out all of the BS good reviews that are on here. The game is not the worst but it is nowhere near enjoyable compared to any other game on the market.if you're like me and you're buying it because you like to Diablo 2 please don't make the same mistake I did by giving this game a chance. There's just so much I can say about how bad it is I don't know where to start. The graphics are almost cartoonish (it's like they took them straight from World of Warcraft) and don't give you the same rugged feeling like Diablo 2. I would've preferred they keep the graphics the same then make them look like they do. The game is so ridiculously easy I just started out and I haven't died a single time and I've been in the first act on hard mode. I'm only level 12 and I can literally stand in one place for minutes (LITERALLY!!!) while hordes of enemies attack me and I will not die. The story mode is so linear and has no feeling of adventure whatsoever. I tried SOOO hard to give this game a chance despite all the bad reviews I read and I Extremely regret that I did. I know it sounds like I'm being harsh but I am not, it is really that bad. You can literally stand there and hold The a button down and sleigh every enemy in your way. There is no challenge at all all the objectives are close by and marked on your map. The one good thing I can say is that the voice acting is good. You can't pick what attributes to unlock you just unlock them as you level up. Which was one of the main joys of Diablo 2 because you could customize how you want to play your character.I would much rather blizzard remake Diablo 2 then release this piece of junk. Don't waste your money. Expand
  79. Oct 18, 2015
    This is a fantastic game, it really is, but it was never meant for consoles. The controls are the worst I've played in all of modern gaming. Do yourself a favor, and play it on PC. That is all.
  80. Dec 29, 2015
    What sold me this game is the notion that it may be a similar experience to playing as Rexxar in warcraft 3:the frozen throne(which was damn good).I thought that I'd be getting a big world filled with all kinds of insane secrets and interesting dungeons,coupled with a rewarding loot system.What I got instead was a huge,but barren,world,combat that is nothing but pure button mashing,and aWhat sold me this game is the notion that it may be a similar experience to playing as Rexxar in warcraft 3:the frozen throne(which was damn good).I thought that I'd be getting a big world filled with all kinds of insane secrets and interesting dungeons,coupled with a rewarding loot system.What I got instead was a huge,but barren,world,combat that is nothing but pure button mashing,and a loot system that constantly throws **** your way,making it feel completely irrelevant.You can barely explore the world without doing the story missions,which is a complete turnoff for any action rpg.Speaking of the story,it's bland and generic.I was so disinterested that I just skipped through all of the dialogue,wanting to go explore a new area,hoping in vain that it'd have something worthwhile.You could jump on me that I'm judging the story without getting to know it through the dialogue,but look,a good game with a good story would get me interested and I wouldn't have skipped the dialogue.The same goes for the rest of the game.Uninteresting,haven't finished it,and that's for a reason.I wasn't intrigued,I wasn't having fun,that's it.If you'd for some reason want to buy this game,buy it on PC.It just looks more suited for a PC than for a console. Expand
  81. Jan 30, 2016
    Diablo 3 started off rough, but the expansion and its future updates - especially the removal of the stupid real money auction house - have rounded it out into probably the best loot-focused action RPG. Insane levels of replay value, but grinding out bounties and Greater Nephalem Rifts does get old after hundreds of times. They have continued to add gear, areas, and the seasons keep itDiablo 3 started off rough, but the expansion and its future updates - especially the removal of the stupid real money auction house - have rounded it out into probably the best loot-focused action RPG. Insane levels of replay value, but grinding out bounties and Greater Nephalem Rifts does get old after hundreds of times. They have continued to add gear, areas, and the seasons keep it fresh. Worth your time, especially at the current price. Expand
  82. Jan 28, 2015
    This game is the original destiny making you grind through the same levels up to seven times maybe even more WTF?
    I cannot believe I didn't realise it before.
  83. Mar 19, 2015
    Ultimate co-op fun. Diablo have a very good replayability with lot of items. One of games you must have on your playstation 4 console. Recommend 10/10 players.
  84. Jun 10, 2015
    I would probably recommend the PC version over this simply because DLC and updates don't have to go through the ESRB. There is a big problem with modded weapons/hacking on the PS4 version online. It doesn't really matter because the game is 99% cooperative multiplayer and 1% PVP. The game is fun whether you like RPG titles or action games. The top-down camera is very unique, and theI would probably recommend the PC version over this simply because DLC and updates don't have to go through the ESRB. There is a big problem with modded weapons/hacking on the PS4 version online. It doesn't really matter because the game is 99% cooperative multiplayer and 1% PVP. The game is fun whether you like RPG titles or action games. The top-down camera is very unique, and the numbers game is vastly addictive. The story is easy to follow, and there is ton of lore for those who want to learn more. The fact that the game is made in 2015 and supports local multiplayer simultaneously with online play is amazing.

The game can never really be "beat." Sure, you can beat the campaign, but afterward there is adventure mode, which is an endless mode of fun: trophies, collectables, hardcore mode, bounties, trials, torment modes, et. al.
  85. Feb 10, 2015
    Well, they sure fixed the heck out of this game, didn't they? No more RMAH, smart loot, goblins aplenty, adventure mode and rifts. I was in the D3 beta and it was clear to a lot of us even then that the game was in no way an improvement over D2, it wasn't even fun to play. Then day one dropped for PC, and the game was honestly horrible, and it got worse as time went on. I left it afterWell, they sure fixed the heck out of this game, didn't they? No more RMAH, smart loot, goblins aplenty, adventure mode and rifts. I was in the D3 beta and it was clear to a lot of us even then that the game was in no way an improvement over D2, it wasn't even fun to play. Then day one dropped for PC, and the game was honestly horrible, and it got worse as time went on. I left it after about a year of solid playtime, just trying somehow to make it fun--never happened.

I have no idea why I decided to pick up D3 for the PS4, maybe because I'd heard that they'd gotten smart loot, and since I loathed the old drops, I thought, eh, what the heck, I'll give it a shot. The game is finally what it should have been all along, with some of the game mechanics we were begging for in beta implemented at last.

A terrific ARPG, with both great solo and co-op play, this game looks beautiful, moves fast, and is probably the best purchase I made for the PS4--it gets more gameplay than any other title I've picked up so far. I can honestly say that I love all my lvl 70's--well, except the barb and the witch doctor--but who cares. This game doesn't disappoint, and my husband and I play pretty much every night--we've had it for a long time now, and though we've bought new games since then, by the end of the night it's back to D3, probably because the co-op is so fluid and fun. Well worth the money, it pays for itself in playtime many, many times over.
  86. Oct 10, 2014
    Great game but still no BattleNet Characters... sorry, while the PC version hits a 9, this version can only get 6 points.I can't understand why Blizzard is doing this?
  87. Jan 10, 2015
    Very addictive game! I really enjoyed leveling up and playing this game. Didn't really follow the story, I cared more about the gameplay. The gameplay consists of smashing the controller buttons and just following your health level, if its starts to get low you run away from the battle. Its very primitive. But fun!

When the game was over, I had an empty feeling. Like I didn't accomplish

When the game was over, I had an empty feeling. Like I didn't accomplish anything.
  88. Sep 30, 2014
    Diablo is Diablo, what can you say. This game came out several years ago, and I find it pretty damn greedy to charge full retail price, especially considering the fact, that a huge chunk of content that's coming to PC isn't even announced for consoles.
    PS: I've learnt this lessons - don't buy blizzard games anywhere but PC
  89. Sep 8, 2014
    Just finished the game, and now to replay it. It is that good! Story is very basic, bad guys do bad things and you must stop it. It is very basic, but oh man, the demons, the reapers, the loot...oh my!
  90. May 20, 2015
    I can't believe I'm saying this but this is the Diablo III we asked for. It's far better than the PC version. I can't believe how much fun I'm having.
  91. May 27, 2015
    Classic Diablo gameplay - which is both this game's strength and weakness. Enemies charge at you in furiously spawning waves, while you grind your character up though the levels and grab ever and ever better kit. Every so often a crazy tough but easily defeated End Of Level Boss will briefly entertain you with their repetitive moves. Local (single screen, multi controller) multiplayer,Classic Diablo gameplay - which is both this game's strength and weakness. Enemies charge at you in furiously spawning waves, while you grind your character up though the levels and grab ever and ever better kit. Every so often a crazy tough but easily defeated End Of Level Boss will briefly entertain you with their repetitive moves. Local (single screen, multi controller) multiplayer, which is a real strength of this game, as well as online - but you can easily defeat all the baddies by yourself or with your choice of AI companion. Expand
  92. Dec 2, 2015
    oh boy, what fun. good ol bird's eye view hack and slash. reminds me of the old days with gauntlet legends. haha. but seriously, this game keeps on giving... every once in a while they just come out with a free expansion that just makes the game challenging and fun all over again. Also, if you are a loot hunter, this game is for you.
  93. Oct 31, 2014
    All the things I hated from Diablo 3 at release time have been patched or highly improved with Reaper of Souls, making it be the game it should have been at release. I still don't understand how come in 2014 we can't rotate the camera in a game. For PS4 and XboxOne you will enjoy the same patch contents and additions PC users have, except seasons, but all the ítems from them will be addedAll the things I hated from Diablo 3 at release time have been patched or highly improved with Reaper of Souls, making it be the game it should have been at release. I still don't understand how come in 2014 we can't rotate the camera in a game. For PS4 and XboxOne you will enjoy the same patch contents and additions PC users have, except seasons, but all the ítems from them will be added as drops everytime they finish one. Playing with a Gamepad is also awesome and more confortable to allow grinding for hours, which is something you should expect to do in this game. For me, the best way to enjoy Diablo is currently in next gen consoles. Expand
  94. Nov 9, 2014
    Diablo III is a fun game that offers unique rpg elements in terms of customization, classes and dungeon diving. All in all, the story is entertaining, but certainly isn't ground breaking. You get to choose from 6 different classes, although that's the most depth you'll get other than choosing your gender. Your goal is to beat all the acts, level up and find as much rare/legendary gear asDiablo III is a fun game that offers unique rpg elements in terms of customization, classes and dungeon diving. All in all, the story is entertaining, but certainly isn't ground breaking. You get to choose from 6 different classes, although that's the most depth you'll get other than choosing your gender. Your goal is to beat all the acts, level up and find as much rare/legendary gear as possible to make your character a beast. This can be fun to do with a group of friends...although the repetitive nature of the game will start to sink in over time. Repetition might be fun for some, and for those people Diablo III will not disappoint. Personally, I grew tired of jumping into a dungeon, killing off enemies, fighting a boss, and then reporting back to town for a lackluster reward. The real rewards in Diablo III come from fighting enemies on a hard difficulty setting and looting them for better equipment. The enemies will grow old though, and the constant back and fourth of the entire game may very well leave you disappointed. All in all, not a bad game, but nothing worthy of an above average rating imo. Expand
  95. Apr 1, 2015
    Masterpiece. One of the greatest games of all time. It’s an absolutely must-have. If you have never played, buy it now and start playing as there is no tomorrow!!!
  96. rrt
    Aug 2, 2015
    Niestety gra mnie nie zachwyciła,choć byłem jej fanem od pierwszej odsłony.Po pierwsze za łatwa,a zwiększanie trudności niewiele pomogło,po drugie zaczyna nużyć po dłuższym czasie.
  97. Sep 12, 2014
    It is incredible. D3 started as a grinding/trading game in 2012. When most players complained about the real money trading, Blizzard revamped the game completely.

But now with this edition, D3 is without ANY doubt the best video game from the last decade. Purely combat mechanics wise nothing comes even close. Playing with 4 players in its end game is nothing I have ever experience in a game really.

Awesome.
  98. Dec 8, 2015
    To me, this is the diablo RoS as it should have been.
    With trade, gifts, no full online. Local coop is FUN. No seasons ad no leaderboard, but i don't miss them.

Yes, it's full of online modders/ cheaters, beware ; so, if you plan go on public matches, have a backup first.
    Better to have a list of trusted friends and play together.
  99. Sep 27, 2014
    This is the definitive version of diablo 3 , graphics look even crisper , the added content will keep you coming back for more , overall its an amazing and addicting game , enough said
  100. Jul 7, 2015
    The failings of the PC version removed. That was a great start. Addition of support for 4 players on one console was the best idea they made with this title. Graphics are great even on my 60". I kind of ignored the story after act 2 because it's pretty basic.

1. Oct 21, 2014
    With such a fantastic transition to consoles in Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition, I’m even more eager about possible Blizzard ports in the future.
  2. Oct 8, 2014
    For players who love killing things, building godly characters, and grabbing loads of awesome loot in the process, Diablo III Ultimate Evil Edition is the biggest no-brainer purchase of this year.
  3. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Sep 29, 2014
    The addition of Reaper of Souls content makes this an essential upgrade for veterans, while the power of PS4 ensures it's smoother than a dolphin's back. [Oct 2014, p.87]