7.0

1. Feb 4, 2015
    When I picked up Don't Starve I had no idea what I was getting into! When the game starts they immediately throw you into it. with no instruction manual, you are forced to fend for yourself. This kind of was a lot of fun to play. there's a bit of a learning curve so don't be surprised if you die from time to time.
    definitely worth the $14 I spent on it
  2. Jan 8, 2014
    While slightly addictive, the game could use a little tweaking. The randomness of the maps is both a positive and a hinderance. At times you may need something simple and starve before you find it, then the very next map you are overloaded with it and short on something else. You spend quite a bit of time just trying to stay fed.

I can't really complain much since it is included in

I can't really complain much since it is included in PS+ membership.
  3. Feb 5, 2014
    This game is well made but not for me. It feels like a job. A job where you feel like if you forgot to do one of the tedious tasks you will die. There is no end. So it is just you acquiring stuff to build other stuff for the eventual death that is coming. It is sadly like life. I rather play a game that doesn't remind my life is just about doing tedious tasks until my eventual death.
  4. Sep 20, 2014
    Beautiful.. from Tim Burton with hate!
    This is one of those games that can be so much better in the future based on players opinions and tips who gave the Klei to make it smoother and easier!
  5. Feb 17, 2014
    While I didn't enjoy Don't Starve, there's nothing technically wrong with it in terms of graphics and gameplay. I can see how some people would enjoy it but I found it boring. It would make a great tablet game.
  6. Feb 20, 2014
    It's okay. Kind of addictive and quite fun, but I miss the sense of purpose of playing it. Why am I doing it? There's practically no goal, which takes away from the point of playing games for me.
  7. Mar 12, 2014
    I can see the appeal, but this game isn't for me, I find it boring and it has been done before. Making a fire and collecting items etc... Nothing special in my eyes. I don't have much to say about the game other than,, I don't find it very fun in the slightest..
  8. Jan 14, 2015
    A unique, fun game with a clever sense of humor and pretty high difficulty level. It's interesting to see what you can combine and what random thing you'll come across. I just hate having to start all over each time I die.
  9. Jan 30, 2014
    A nice way to spend your time. Really enjoy the Tim Burton theme it seems to have. The world is always randomly generated so you're never in the same area twice. The permadeath feature might turn some people off (especially when you've invested dozens of hours into a single character) but it's one of the more unique games released for the PS4. if you're a PLUS member, check it out. If not,A nice way to spend your time. Really enjoy the Tim Burton theme it seems to have. The world is always randomly generated so you're never in the same area twice. The permadeath feature might turn some people off (especially when you've invested dozens of hours into a single character) but it's one of the more unique games released for the PS4. if you're a PLUS member, check it out. If not, you should probably wait until it drops to $5-10. Expand
  10. Apr 11, 2016
    besides the somewhat clunky inventory system and lack of zoom out feature. its a solid port looks great and works great besides the inventory problem and a couple glitches.
  11. Nov 11, 2014
    Do not Starve is survival game. The difficulty increases gradually. You must manage resources to protect you from many dangers.

Graphics 6/10
    Music 5/10
    Gameplay 7/10

My overall score is 6
  12. Dec 28, 2014
    This game was a good surprise. Your thrown into a world with no idea what to do. The fun part of it is this is a game of trial and error. and error often ends in fatality!

All you have to do is survive, the longer you survive...the harder it gets. Sounds easy right? You'd be wrong. you are faced with challenges, to find food, shelter and to keep your sanity! lose anyone of them and it could mean death. Thats not bad in normal gaming, but in this game if you die you you die and lose everything. Think how you died, learn from your mistakes and try again.

Whats lovely about this game is that you can fall into a false sense of security and before you know it your dead. How many times I went a foraging for food and then darkness fell and died because I had no shelter. This game constantly challenges you, even the land changes if you have stayed on it for too long (resources start to disappear). Heck, if you survive long enough and reach winter that itself has its own unique challenges.

This game subtly teaches us a lesson, take care of our finite resources. Humanity is fragile.
  13. Nel
    Jan 12, 2017
    Survival game. You gather things, that you then will use to make different survival tools to survive. It is a challenging game, but it can be a lot of fun. Works smooth, and the controls are great.
  14. Mar 24, 2016
    I'll admit when i first saw this on the store i was really skeptical and thought this was going to be a really boring game because of the concept. Man was i wrong...i found myself playing this for hours upon hours. you play as a character ( one you choose is up to you) and have to survive using basic survival skills. You have to find and cook your food. Best if you plant your own GardenI'll admit when i first saw this on the store i was really skeptical and thought this was going to be a really boring game because of the concept. Man was i wrong...i found myself playing this for hours upon hours. you play as a character ( one you choose is up to you) and have to survive using basic survival skills. You have to find and cook your food. Best if you plant your own Garden and watch your food grow! During winter it gets hard you have to make sure you have plenty of fire wood and grass to keep fire going or you will die. Summers you need shade and a ICE cube hat (dont ask questions). It's a neat game and actually really fun. I got up yo over 100 days and it got harder and harder...but ill admit when i died its hard to do it over again because you start over from day one. i think its a decent pick up if you have nothing else your playing at that time. worth the time to check out. Expand

1. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Feb 27, 2014
    Great games have a simple concept and message. Don’t Starve will leave you feeling full. [March 2014, p78]
  2. Feb 26, 2014
    Don't Starve is a tremendously addictive game where the fight for the survival, mixed with exploring several places with its own magic, throw the player into searching every corner of the map. However, it is extremely hard from the very beginning, so there will be many players thinking twice before going on with their adventures.
  3. Feb 16, 2014
    Probably not a game for everyone. The pace can at times be very low, and the developers could've thrown in more surprises. But it's a title that is hard to put down once you've gotten into it.