Final Fantasy XV PlayStation 4

7.6

1. Sep 18, 2017
    For TLDR the game is extremely average with janky story line, extremely repetitive collection quests, small diversity in gear and insanly annoying repeating voice lines, but the game somehow keeps me wanting to play with its awsome combat, chocobo and skills systems and of course pretty graphics, i reccomend buying on sale.

However, There is a lot of great elements in FFXV that

However, There is a lot of great elements in FFXV that propell the series into a fresh new direction

+ One thing i really love is when i run into massive enemies and spend 20 minutes hacking it down as i
    strategize and use party techniques, even though its 15 levels higher than me.
    + The Nostalgic music from all the previous final fantasy games which you can listen to while driving or even while on foot

+ The chocobos are amaazing!! the customization and racing is sooo fun and very much needed since your car is glued to streets only.
    + I really like some of the skills in the game, particularly fishing and cooking which offer up fun passtime activities
    + Of course the game looks amazing and has intense landspaces with different weather systems and massive structures that wow you as you drive past them.
    - sometimes Very.....very.....very long load times
    - Dialogue system is extremely repetitive to the point where it will drive you insane when your fishing or driving at night
    - Story line falls apart as you plunder through the abundant side quests that have no significance with the story line
    - I really really hate the car system in this game, i was shocked when i found out it was basically an on rails system.
    - lack of diversity in wildlife/monsters, most of the hunting quests you go on will have the same exact monsters
    - World just feels like its missing life, its very bland and vanilla
    - Many invisible walls that are very annoying, forcing you to run several minutes in another direction to go around
  2. a11
    Sep 17, 2017
    This One Of The Greatest Games Of All Time. Despite A Rough Launch With Bugs, This Game Lives Up To Final Fantasy VII And IV. The Story Is Awesome, The Combat Is Fun, Great Graphics, And A Great Open World. It Deserves It's GOTY.
  3. Sep 12, 2017
    The party members are horrible and generic. Open world lacks everything and the story is too simple.
    But what I hate the most are "FAINAL FANTAZI" fanboys, that's why I'll give it a 10.
  4. Sep 11, 2017
    omg, what is this? not a ff seriously.
    ffxv is an incomplete game
    there is not something good in this game.
    story, combat system, fetchquest, world empty, boss, little on-screen minor characters
    easy game, potion and phoenix down and you can win all battle
    all boring
    I just want to say one thing .. F. U.C. K. Y.O.U. square-enix
  5. Sep 10, 2017
    If you've never played a Final Fantasy game before you might like this trash. However, if you came in expecting a good story, likeable characters, an interesting world and an exciting adventure where you're drawn in...you will be disappointed. Yes I am a long time FF fan which means I expect good games, this game is garbage.
  6. Sep 9, 2017
    Square Enix has turned FFXV into a joke with post-game updates. The player now starts the game with a piece of equipment for each party member, which makes them invulnerable to damage, knockdowns, and stats effects. Additionally, an ability the main character unlocks through the storyline has been updated, enabling it to one-shot every enemy in the game, including storyline bosses andSquare Enix has turned FFXV into a joke with post-game updates. The player now starts the game with a piece of equipment for each party member, which makes them invulnerable to damage, knockdowns, and stats effects. Additionally, an ability the main character unlocks through the storyline has been updated, enabling it to one-shot every enemy in the game, including storyline bosses and optional challenge bosses. If this becomes a trend for Final Fantasy, the series is dead. Expand
  7. Sep 3, 2017
    Wow, lots of haters on here... I would give this a 8+ but due to all the nonsense 0 scores I am giving it 10.. Anyone giving this a 0 either is lying or doesn't know anything.. There is no way this game is 0. And frankly disregard all of those reviews!

I have played the original Final Fantasy 1 on NES. And this game series has evolved greatly over the last 30yrs in my life. This game is absolutely wonderful and disregard anyone who says otherwise. I have played over 5hrs+ into it and its awesome! Love the MUSIC - Standby Me, and menu option and screens and etc. The game-play is wonderful, the world is beautiful and the characters grow.

Some of the pit-falls or challenges I have with this is game is the frame rate issue.. For action sequence games they need 60 frames per sec or it looks slow to me. Also the lack of story in the first 3 chapters is not well thought out and could have made it better. But the open vast world and hunting challenges is fun! I am not a big fan of the spell craft since it looks rushed. I am not a big fan of the equipment, item customization but ok with it. But here is how I broke it down.

Story - 7.5
    Graphics - 9
    Gameplay - 8
    Sound - 8.5
    Controls - 7
    Overall - 8+

This goes to my top 5 best Final Fantasy games I have ever played and yes I have played them all!
    1) FF 7
    2) FF 6
    3) FFX
    4) FF XV
    5) FFXII
  8. Sep 3, 2017
    Моя первая финалка. Прошел только по сюжету. Мне понравилось! увлекательно приключение четверых друзей. Цепляющие истории, необычные преображения. Очень тема взросления и готовности взять на себя ответственность зацепила.
    Хорошая игра.
    Хорошая игра.
  9. Sep 2, 2017
    I've never played a FF game before, so i had no idea what i was getting into. First, i can say that the atmosphere, environment and the art direction is really good, i like it a lot, and the main characters were nice too. But the story seems like it's all over the place, sometimes it seems interesting, and other it seems extremely forced, and there are many sidequests that are extremelyI've never played a FF game before, so i had no idea what i was getting into. First, i can say that the atmosphere, environment and the art direction is really good, i like it a lot, and the main characters were nice too. But the story seems like it's all over the place, sometimes it seems interesting, and other it seems extremely forced, and there are many sidequests that are extremely boring. I don't find the game bad but i can't say is great either. Expand
  10. Aug 31, 2017
    I wish I could rate this game better. I am a long time Final Fantasy fan, I have played every Final Fantasy except I, II and III and tons of other RPGs and JRPGs and action/adventure games. And sadly this game doesn't succeed in being good at none of these categories.
    First, the good things: the gameplay is good, if you are into action RPGs it is one of the best battle systems out there. Even if I prefer more classical systems in RPGs I really enjoyed every fight of my 50 hours of gameplay. Graphics are beautiful. The cities are unique, inventive and beautifully rendered, even if sometimes they lack inspiration, the natural wilderness is vast, diverse and incredibly beautiful, the dungeons are surprisingly interesting and clever.
    But unfortunately that's it. The open world of FFXV may be visually amazing and vast but it is empty and boring. RPG open worlds need content, background story, good, interesting and diverse NPC dialogues, sidequests that expand on the story and the lore. FFXV has nothing of this.
    Story: this is the worst part. It is by far the most boring and worst written story of every Final Fantasy and of most modern RPGs. There is almost no story progression. Few and useless dialogues. Useless and boring NPC chatter which never helps expanding on the world and the story. At no time in the game there is a sense of purpose, an epic turn of events, a tragic worldchanging moment (and the actual ones all happen offscreen). The characters are bland and irritating.
  11. Aug 28, 2017
    For me Final Fantasy 6 and 7 is the best ones so this xv is realy terrible and should not be named even final fantasy, cant be bothered to play it anymore, story and gameplay is a joke. This is even more worse than ff xii. If you want jrpg tales of games are that.
  12. Aug 26, 2017
    I can't keep it inside any longer. These Final Fantasy XV pointless updates make me sick. Most of those contents should have been in the game since the very beginning.
    Final Fantasy XV is a bad and frustrating game: horrible story telling, quests poorly rewarded, nonexisting combat system, crazy camera angles and an extremely outdated concept of open world.
    Under Hajime Tabata direction,
    Under Hajime Tabata direction, the studio even managed to ruin the most characteristic and fun part of the franchise by removing the manual use of summons. Tabata made, in my opinion, a series of very poor business choices...
  13. Aug 24, 2017
    combat is actually bad. FF15's "open world" is to open worlds what FF13 was to linear games. Systems and menu usage are clunky af. I timed a fast travel loading screen at 1:33, brutal. Im having a really hard time finding anything redeemable about this game. honestly just go play witcher 3 its the game SE was trying to duplicate here.
  14. Aug 24, 2017
    Final Fantasy XV has a completely different gameplay from previous titles. For the first time in the series they use the mechanism of the open world. Since they use the open world mechanism, then I understand why this game was made to be an action RPG. The open-world mechanism was made for action games, so it makes sense for this game to be an action RPG.

The story of this game is good

The story of this game is good and interesting, but the problem is if you want to understand the whole story then you have to first watch Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV and Brotherhood Final Fantasy XV.

This new battle system known as Active X Battle (AXB) is similar to the battle system used in Final Fantasy Type-0 and Kingdom Hearts. The player can only control Noctis, while the other characters are controlled by the AI. In battle, the player can use co-op moves that allows interaction with other characters. The magic system is not very good, while the summoning system is interesting. If Noctis gets KO'd then it's game over, but when Noctis falls to 0 HP then begins critical status and you have a limited time to heal. This battle system is good and interesting, but I was hoping that they will use and improve the ATB system from the previous Final Fantasy games. From Final Fantasy XII to Final Fantasy XV, they began to apply a battle system in which a player can only control one character, which is bad. The last Final Fantasy game where the player could control all the characters in the battle was Final Fantasy X. Unfortunately, after the Final Fantasy X series they stopped using the two best battle systems they made. The CTB system from Final Fantasy X and the ATB system from Final Fantasy X-2 were the best-improved versions of the traditional Turn-Based Battle system. They should use and improve one of these two battle systems or both in new Final Fantasy games. The thing I like in this game is the development of characters. The Ascension Grid is much better than the Sphere Grid from Final Fantasy X.

The idea of the open world is interesting, but they have broken the important rule of JRPGs. At the very beginning, the player can explore the whole world, can complete almost all sidequests and can train all the characters to the maximum level without progressing the story. For me, that's the worst thing in this game. JRPGs must have a semi-open world because in JRPGs the player was supposed to explore the world through the story: step by step the world should open to player to explore, to complete all sidequests and to train all the characters to the maximum level. That they have made this game as a semi-open world and that they put a CTB or ATB system, then this game would be perfect. But since they did not do so, then I gave a score 8 out of 10.

Conclusion: They have give more effort that this game have a excellent graphics and the mechanism of the open world, but they also should give the same effort to make excellent gameplay. In the end I can say that the game is good but they could do it even better. It's a good JRPG and I enjoyed playing it.
  15. Aug 18, 2017
    One of the worst JRPG's I've ever played.

- Horrible boss fights (Leviathan is the worst boss fight ever)
    - Terrible characters (The whole cast is terrible)
    - Awful Combat (A failed Kingdom Hearts Wannabe)
    - Awful Story (Who wrote this garbage?)

I RECOMMEND EVERYONE WHO LIKES JRPG'S TO STAY AWAY FROM THIS GAME
  16. Aug 15, 2017
    Game definitely grew on me. Platinum'ed it around 55 hours. The story moved quick..not the best of plots but the fighting of different large creatures was entertaining. Overall, not my favorite final fantasy....FF2 and FF7 was the best....this was my 3rd favorite just based on graphics and fun factor. Give this game like 15 hours and it will grow on you. I hated it at first...thought theGame definitely grew on me. Platinum'ed it around 55 hours. The story moved quick..not the best of plots but the fighting of different large creatures was entertaining. Overall, not my favorite final fantasy....FF2 and FF7 was the best....this was my 3rd favorite just based on graphics and fun factor. Give this game like 15 hours and it will grow on you. I hated it at first...thought the fighting was awful...but once you get the hang of it you realize its more than just holding down one button. Expand
  17. Aug 15, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The final fantasy franchise was built around characters and stories. Multiple characters gained our affection, both villains and heroes, Sephirot, Zell, Stainer, Mika, etc. Every time I played I final fantasy game I prepared my self for some of the most joyful hours of my life. This was not the case.
    Final Fantasy XV is shallow, the characters are not developed, the story is poorly presented and incredibly short, the world is absurdly small with one area, one city and one linear dungeon, giving the player no sense of exploring a world.
    One of the greatest tools for a story teller is empathy, I felt none for the characters or the world, except the very last moment, where a Father must kill his son to save the world, that moment was good, but only because of the Movie.
    The game play and graphics are the only good thing about the game, that's why it gets 3, but those things should come in second, because I still love to replay any final fantasy previous to X, but sure as hell I won't replay final fantasy XV ever.
    Disappointed.
  18. Aug 12, 2017
    Oh boy, this game surely divides opionions. I did Platinum on it though and my review is based on the release version in 2016. I rarely see a game that is good in so many things and yet fails in so many other things. In the end I had a lot of addicting fun yet I seriously need to complain about some things.

Graphics 8/10: They overused post processing effects and eeverything looks a

Graphics 8/10:
    They overused post processing effects and eeverything looks a bit too blurry, even on PS4 pro. The lighting and character models look great as do some water effects. The scenery looks nice sometimes and sometimes too bland.

Sound 10/10:
    The only thing this game does not disappoint a single bit: the music. One of the best OST of this decade of any game.

Fighting system 8/10:
    Well, I was sceptical at first, but it the melee feels right. I had a lot of fun bashing Monsters. One subtraction for the **** up use of Esper and one point subtraction for the use of magic. Nice idea, yet totally ****

Story 6/10:
    Having consumed brotherhood and the Kingsglaive beforehand I think the story is OK in general but the narration is sparse and it sucks in comparison to almost all older FF.

Characters 8/10:
    I am only giving them an 8 because I liked them. The charactes are poorly narrrated but they feel alive somehow. The main villain is quite boring. The emo look feels out of place even inside the game world.

World 7/10:
    The Open World is quite enjoyable yet it is still so damn restricted that it is hilarious. The whole car stuff is and it's controls are barely bearable. The Chocobo makes good of that though. The second part of the game where it get's linear is mediocre at best. And chapter 13 is the worst of any FF game.
    So let's say spend 40 hours until you go on that ship and you will enjoy this game. Afterwards...

Post game content 8/10:
    You can have some neat stuff there. Yet some of the new dungeons are qite "mad" or bad. Going 4 hours downstairs ... well what a fun.

If you are a Final Fantasy veteran like myself you really have to create an open state of mind for this one to be able to enjoy it. I did and I enjoyed the game until you take the ship to the more linear experience. Then until the post game content I was in constant disappointment.

I hope they take their time to redevelop FF 7 remake away from this style.
    So many bad decisions square enix. Your were lucky it is partly fun.
  19. Aug 11, 2017
    This game was a disappointment. It seems that this game was too long into development that they decided to just publish it in order to get some revenue. But let's go to the review.

First the core thing in any RPG. The story. It fails to get you invested in the characters. The have removed a large part of the narrative and made it into an also disappointing movie. Without the movie you lose a lot of the backstory needed to understand the characters. I cannot even understand the logic behind this.

Then the characters. They seem well thought and well written, but none of the gameplay supports this. The characters seem superficial. There's the distant hero, the cook/driver, the tough/camping guy and the photograph guy. Maybe it's just me, but I cannot identify with either of them. I don't care about these characters. Also you cannot control any other guy than the hero (compared to older FF) and there's a lack of women in your squad. So all guys and superficial characters, means that this game is aimed at very young boys and not mature guys (like the ones that have played the first FF games).

So no gripping story and no interesting characters. But let's go to the gameplay.

You've got a car! And you move great distances with a car. And it's the most boring thing in this game. Dude I've got a car in real life. Putting fuel in it, or listening music in the car, or getting bored while driving is not an experience that most seek. Only if you're very young and haven't experienced this, then you'll might find it interesting. I load up the game, excited to play the hero, and I'll have to wait 6 real life minutes in order to reach my destination. Meh I'll watch some videos on my phone, or go make a coffee in order to stay awake from the boredom.

The open world is very sparse! I get bored walking (or riding the chocobo) from point to point, for hunting and generally explore the world. I they could shrink the whole world by 50% then it would be perfect. A few steps and here's something interesting.

Oh the fighting...! I don't feel that I'm doing anything heroic. I'm definitely not getting bored, but the only thing that makes you feel like a hero, isn't there! I don't decide any strategy for the squad (see FF13), I don't have the choice of actions (see all FF), I don't have an option to pick priorities for the characters (see FF12), no special skills (see FF7), no variety of magic (see FF8). There's nothing special. I can only chose the type of weapon I will use. This makes all enemies the same. I'm leveled up enough, I can kill it. No thought/skill required. This means no challenge to make you feel like a hero.

Next.... The controls... are "disconnected".

I'm in a town. I push max forward the stick and the hero is slowly walking. DUDE just run! I don't have time for this. If I wanted to walk, I would press lightly forward. I want to change direction. NOPE. The character needs to think about it. In a few seconds you change direction. Meanwhile I'm raping the controller with my fingers as if its not even listening.

The same in dungeons or open world. I press max forward. The character runs fast. I'M HAPPY! Then he slows down for no reason! DAMN IT DUDE! Are you tired? I click the left stick in order to force him to run again. He runs for a few feet and then slows down again. RAGE! It's like I'm controlling a bored horse and I have to hit it every few feet in order to run fast.

This is how I feel like a hero. I'm whipping the hero in order to run!

Oh and the AI of the other characters. First of all they're usually in the way! WHY OH WHY do you make them run in front of you?! DUDE I'm the leader. I run forward and YOU ALL follow my lead. Nope! After a few feet they run in the same direction as you and pass you. But YOU DONT KNOW WHERE IM GOING YOU IDIOT! I'm the one that controls the game! Just follow me.

The controls make you disconnected from the character. I want to feel that I'm controlling the character, not that I'm fighting the character for control. And this is constant!

And another thing. I DONT CARE ABOUT THE PHOTOS. Dude we're trying to save the world and you're asking me "who do you want to take photos of?". I don't care dude. I'm not here for the photos. Not even in real life people care about photos, unless it's someone naked or in embarrassing funny situations. And I haven't seen any photos like this in the game. It's photos of four dudes smiling and/or acting tough and If you're lucky there's some picture of an NPC character. Imagine how ridiculous would be to take a photo of Sephiroth in FF7, or Squall in FF8. The moment they would see you taking a photo, either of them would break your camera on the spot. This silly superficial photo thing breaks the whole immersion.

The creators in this game seem to lack direction. It seems that the guys that made the previous FF games have left and the latest games lack this glue that makes the games special. Maybe it's just me...
  20. Aug 11, 2017
    Around 10 years of waiting and we finally get our hands on Final Fantasy XV and with at least 100+ hours clocked in here’s my thoughts if it was worth the wait.

Story/Characters: An area where Square Enix rarely disappoints is the story but sadly XV’s story confused the **** out of me with its rough pacing leaving more questions than answers, i feel the game has been cut up which

Story/Characters:
    An area where Square Enix rarely disappoints is the story but sadly XV’s story confused the **** out of me with its rough pacing leaving more questions than answers, i feel the game has been cut up which should be a big no-no for us gamer's.

The characters in XV are as empty as they come they lacked the characterization needed, the only characters you give a damn about are the main protagonists [Noctis, Prompto, Ignis & Gladilous] they had personalities to their own and moments on screen to care about them but for the rest i cared little for and at times i found myself wondering where certain characters disappeared to throughout the game, I must say though the characters were well designed but deserved more screen time like Ravus & Aranea.

Gameplay:
    My only problem with the combat is it can get very irritating in small areas thanks to annoying camera angles but despite that the combat system in XV is epic and works smoothly in open areas especially with combat techniques and link strikes with your comrades and with more unlocked nodes in the Ascension grid the more techniques for you to use at your disposal.

Speaking of the Ascension grid, it is the place where you can improve your party’s stats, combat moves, and much more, I must admit though I didn’t like the design of the ascension grid with some nodes requiring too much AP which is ridiculous unless you grind it out also I would’ve preferred individual grids for each party member.

The Magic system aka Elemancy is different compared to previous FF, it is quite simple to use but can be confusing at first, sadly using magic in XV though can become more of a burden then help because magic spells hit your own party members and the item needed to negate that is attached with the Holiday Pack + [a paid option], cmon Enix.

Side quests could arguably be the games second biggest flaw, they all could've been implemented better into the game, some were uninspiring [eg find 5 frogs, smh] and some just felt vital to the main story [eg the dungeons with Royal Arms/Tombs]. I like the quantity of SQ in XV but here they quickly become tedious.

There’s Bounties which introduce you to tougher enemies and Dungeons, where you face even greater enemies and gain better items and weapons but most of these can be easily skipped or missed if just completing the main quests.

Here a few things that could've made XV better - a bestiary for better knowledge on daemons and wildlife, a better way to skim through time, better items for end game content, reasonable AP costs in the Ascension grid, better depth into side quests - so many little things could’ve been done to make this game a masterpiece.

Visuals/Sound:
    XV is visually a gorgeous game from the beautiful city of Altissia to the very little details like getting dirty after exploring for long periods and being soaked by the rain, nothing negative to say here just an awesome job done. 10/10

The music in Final Fantasy’s are usually very memorable and XV doesn’t fail with a beautiful score but the only let down is the game doesn’t showcase all its great music composed for it.
    A great option though I must mention is the chance to purchase old soundtracks from previous FF [in game] for those big FF fans out there which can be listened to in your car the Regallia or the MP3 item. 8/10

Fun Factor/Challenge:
    XV is definitely a enjoyable game with some jaw dropping moments but the game might be a little easy for the hardcore gamer, the main story can be completed in just over 30 hours but if you choose to enjoy every bit of the game then it has well over 50 hours of content to enjoy,

XV though has seemed to cater to a more casual audience and new comers to the series which is fine but they compromised what made FF a legendary franchise, a epic story with great storytelling and meaningful characters. But I cant ignore the amazing visuals and score, awesome combat system and the four badass lead protagonists.

Verdict: 7/10
  21. Aug 11, 2017
    Does this FF has some flaws, yes, for sure. I still like it overall, some of the new ideas worked and some didn't. The story wasn't as jumbled as everyone said it was, minus a few things in the beginning. I loved the ending chapters and I think this has one of the best FF villains to date. The ending few boss battles are fantastic, things become dire, and I love when FF games get intoDoes this FF has some flaws, yes, for sure. I still like it overall, some of the new ideas worked and some didn't. The story wasn't as jumbled as everyone said it was, minus a few things in the beginning. I loved the ending chapters and I think this has one of the best FF villains to date. The ending few boss battles are fantastic, things become dire, and I love when FF games get into darker themes. This is a great story and a good game, not fantastic, but good. Glad I spent the time with it. A Solid 8 Expand
  22. Aug 9, 2017
    Great game. Have A LOT of problems with the argument and her developmet. And that's sad...because what propose is really good.
    The art of the world , characters and enemies is a masterpirce. And the music too.
  23. Aug 8, 2017
    0/10 this game is trash, name one good thing about it i dare you cos i cant find anything good to say at best id give it a 3/10 but from a company this large with this much money and time to put into a game this is a shameful product.
  24. Aug 7, 2017
    Story: Dreadful, full of plotholes, don't even bother trying to understand it.
    Gameplay: Worst gameplay of all time, camera continuously getting in the way, hold down x and square and hope for the best.
    Music: Good. Sidequests: Shoot yourself in the head because that's way more enjoyable than doing these. Open world: It is very open, with a lot of space... and that's it, just space.
    Story: Dreadful, full of plotholes, don't even bother trying to understand it.
    Music: Good.
    Open world: It is very open, with a lot of space... and that's it, just space. Nothing worth mentioning goes on, except for helping the occasional broken down car. WHAOSOCOOL.
    Second-half of the game: Get yourself some chips and a soda, put on some netflix, lay back and hold down the analog stick forward, because all you will be doing is going in a straight line from here on out.
    Overall: False advertisement, none of the trailers from 2006-2013 (that basically sold the game for a lot of people) contain anything in the final game.
  25. Aug 6, 2017
    I want to say that I love this game, It has awesome music, graphics, story and characters. I give it a 10. I recommend this game 100%. You have to play this game once in your life, I assure you that you never going to leave it , you are going to come back always to play it.
  26. Aug 6, 2017
    Final Fantasy XV is the newest title in the long-running Final Fantasy and as a veteran to the series I was incredibly excited to play the newest entry. I didn't get the chance upon release unfortunately as real life took a lot of my time away from me, but when I finally got to play the game I had nothing but a blast.

The development of the game was a bit rocky, that much is clear, the

The development of the game was a bit rocky, that much is clear, the thing is about the game though is that despite this rough time pre-release when the game came out it wasn't a mess or a disappointment, or even bad in any way, in fact quite the opposite as the game was fun, entertaining and even good. The feeling however was strange because it was still quite rough around the edges with a few little hiccups here and there.

Despite these flaws though the game never really let me down when playing it however, which was the most surprising factor.

Now to be more specific, this game clearly has a lot of love put into it from start to finish and really is a Final Fantasy for first timers and newcomers probably being the closest to the original in terms of feeling since the pre-VII titles. With the story whilst being a bit rushed in the later half still had some very epic and otherwise emotional moments. The characters were some of the most likable characters to have ever been introduced and the world was beautiful from start to finish.

It may not have been perfect, but overall it was a fun ride and isn't that the most you can ask for in a game?
  27. Aug 6, 2017
    I love this franchise and at the same time, I struggle with it because, I feel they cant live up to the hype. Not because these games suck, they are beautiful and amazing, but after soooo many releases, how do you continue to impress? Cool as game but tough think back to from FF2-7.
  28. Aug 4, 2017
    More than a decade in development and this is the result. Ok let me start right. I am not a great FF fan. In fact, I started this franchise not so long ago. First played VII then X and then VI. I have loved all of those. I went to play this game because of hype. Everybody was playing so I figured out, well it must be good so let's give it a shot. After roughly 30 hours more or less, I canMore than a decade in development and this is the result. Ok let me start right. I am not a great FF fan. In fact, I started this franchise not so long ago. First played VII then X and then VI. I have loved all of those. I went to play this game because of hype. Everybody was playing so I figured out, well it must be good so let's give it a shot. After roughly 30 hours more or less, I can give an honest opinion. Graphics: generally fine, cutscenes are pristine, facial animations are out of sync and outdated. Gameplay: probably the biggest change and it is kind of a mess. There is so much going on on the screen that it feels convoluted. And the matter of fact that you can only control Noctis, gives the other teammates less value compared to when other FF games encouraged you to use them too. Gameplay has two or three good, relatively epic parts but that's it. Music: not bad. Story: now this is where things go really wrong. The game starts simple enough and as you progress, things start to get more complicated. I can tell you that story wise, the game starts solid enough but it just can't keep up later on. Character development is dumbed down to the point where I did not cared at all about any of them, even in the pointless offscreen deaths. The story has some good parts like any game but it falls heavily short compared to other FF games. The final aspect that really makes this game suffer are the quests. RPG games need good quests. Quests that have depth and sense. Most of the quests here are given only by a handful of characters and basically consist of fetching stuff. Quests are very very repetitive and have no sense of value. If I did them, it was only to grind some exp. points out. A good RPG game needs a solid story and great quests. This game lacks both departments. The game has some enjoyable parts but it falls apart by messy gameplay, bad uncompleted story/character development, and terrible sidequests. Expand
  29. Jul 31, 2017
    I had hope for this game, because of the good user and critic reviews. Ultimately, it was disappointing. If you take away the repetitive and intentionally time-consuming side quests, this is a very short game, with only a few small set pieces. I quickly went from start to sidequests, then immediately to end game.

The world also feels small. Much of it looks and has the same feel.

The world also feels small. Much of it looks and has the same feel.

I never connected with the characters, either. Prompto is unnecessarily insecure and his personal twist falls flat, feeling like an afterthought. I watched the anime beforehand, which does help to provide some background.

It's upsetting that the success of this may force a similar direction in the future.
  30. Jul 26, 2017
    It is one of the best Final Fantasy that I have ever played. The graphics are awesome, the history is interesting and there is a lot, but a lot of secondary missions and the world of the game is really beautiful, with a lot of places and dungeons to explore and items to find in this world. You will probably want to do all the hunts, level up and do all the missions if you start to play it.

1. Feb 14, 2017
    After so many years of development, Final Fantasy XV is not what I expected it to be. The universe is immense and beautiful and the characters are just fine. But the story is short and disappointing and the gameplay suffers from lack of depth. FFXV is a good game, but it can never bring the former glories back to the series.
  2. Edge Magazine
    Feb 14, 2017
    Even as you reflect on the rarity of a blockbuster that's willing to take real risks, you'll be left with the uncomfortable realisation that ten years wasn't quite long enough, after all. Those jagged edges are, in the end, just a little too sharp. [Feb 2017, p.110]
  3. Feb 7, 2017
    Despite a divided feel, torn between what it was and what it plans to be, Final Fantasy XV has a lot to offer. If you're a diehard JRPG fan, then it's a positive sign that the series can cross over to a new format. And if you're just looking for an open world adventure, Final Fantasy XV certainly has that in spades, while doing just enough things differently to separate it from the likes of Dragon Age and Elder Scrolls.