• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Nov 15, 2013
6.9

1. Nov 15, 2013
    Why is this game the best game possible for the PS4 launch I'll tell you why.

First of all, it is gorgeous. Not only the technical part of the graphics, but also the artistic direction. Everything is just beautiful, and I caught myself quite a lot of time just looking at the view. Then, I really appreciate the fact that Guerrilla didn't want to make the same Killzone as the 3 first
    Why is this game the best game possible for the PS4 launch I'll tell you why.

Then, I really appreciate the fact that Guerrilla didn't want to make the same Killzone as the 3 first before Shadow Fall. The campaign is longer, and better. Some might complain about the fact that it has lass action and more exploration, but in my opinion, it was a very good choice. No more running towards any Hellgast you'll see. Well, you can still do it, but you can also be more sneaky, and it's just great.
    The OWL is another interesting add to the game, but I feel like it may be a little bit too effective sometimes.

The OST of the game is just amazing. Each side of the Wall (You'll figure out what this is by playing the game) has its own atmosphere, and it's just eargasmic.

The storyline is better than the previous Killzone games, but still far from perfect: it has a few action movie cliché, but it's still very nice: the war is more subtle, no more "nobrain" charges and no more bad guys and good guys. Yes, the Helgast are a threat, but the Vektans are far from being "clean" in this war. It's not as manichean as it was before, and this is also a very good thing. The campaign is 9-12 hours long, and it's quite a ride, for sure.

The multiplayer is also very fun, and you can make your own rules, on the maps you've chosen, and trust me, if you're into MP, you'll spend dozens of hours playing.

In a nutshell, this game is good. And by good I mean VERY good. It's gorgeous, fun to play, much longer than the others FPS launch titles (*cough*CoD BF4*cough*), the storyline is well written, the OST is very good as well, etc...

The first Killzone game is still my favourite, but Killzone Shadow Fall is the best from the series.
    Well done Guerrilla.
  2. Dec 18, 2013
    This game has some really cool mechanics but the story is pretty much garbage and the campaign gets really boring fast. I found myself just wishing the mission would end. That's not a good thing. But I was really impressed with the multiplayer. It turned out to be actually be really fun!
  3. Nov 15, 2013
    7.5 is my "honest" score. It's a decent, albeit run-of-the-mill and somewhat forgettable, FPS. Single player is fun, but short; MP is well-done. Graphics are excellent, about on par with a PC playing Crysis 3 on high settings at 1080p. There's just something missing to make this game great, or even very good it's almost too generic and tries to fit the mold of a sci-fi shooter without7.5 is my "honest" score. It's a decent, albeit run-of-the-mill and somewhat forgettable, FPS. Single player is fun, but short; MP is well-done. Graphics are excellent, about on par with a PC playing Crysis 3 on high settings at 1080p. There's just something missing to make this game great, or even very good it's almost too generic and tries to fit the mold of a sci-fi shooter without much originality. I guess this is what's to be expected from a launch game. In the paltry selection of PS4 launch titles, it's probably one of your top three choices if you're getting a console on launch day. Expand
  4. May 22, 2015
    The graphics were amazing. Sadly, that is the only good thing about this game. The gameplay was very clunky for a FPS, the multiplayer modes were set up terribly and were flat out boring, and the game lacked story. It was the worst FPS I've played in a while.
  5. Nov 27, 2013
    This game had the unfortunate billing of being Sony's flagship launch title for the PS4 and it just does not live up to that goal. If this game had been released with less fanfare, then I would have given it a better score. Still, this is a solid shooter that, unfortunately for Sony, falls on it's face in the one facet that a shooter needs to succeed nowadays in and that's the multiplayer.This game had the unfortunate billing of being Sony's flagship launch title for the PS4 and it just does not live up to that goal. If this game had been released with less fanfare, then I would have given it a better score. Still, this is a solid shooter that, unfortunately for Sony, falls on it's face in the one facet that a shooter needs to succeed nowadays in and that's the multiplayer. While the multiplayer is not inherently bad, it doesn't live up to the standard that has been set by CoD and Battlefield. Speaking as a Battlefield player, I personally felt like there was just too much of the same thing going on with pretty much everything in the game. Most of the weapons felt the same and the maps didn't feel very compelling to continue playing. The single-player takes the cake here as it's challenging and long, about 10 hours to complete. While the story isn't great, it's the best story I've seen in a single-player shooter in a long time. I really wanted this game to be the showcase game for the system. Instead it lived up to the Killzone name by presenting us a solid shooter that just doesn't quite live up to the hype that surrounded it. And with both Battlefield 4 and CoD being on the PS4, it's very hard to recommend this game over one of the two others, especially to a fan of either game. Expand
  6. Nov 26, 2013
    It is a gorgeous game. After the newness of the beauty wore off I realized I was bored. What really sticks out for me is that Killzone is not a series I enjoy. It is not a bad game, plays well, but after few hours I wanted to move onto another game. The game has more things going against it than for it in my opinion. The guns don't appeal to me, the story is poor and more confusing thanIt is a gorgeous game. After the newness of the beauty wore off I realized I was bored. What really sticks out for me is that Killzone is not a series I enjoy. It is not a bad game, plays well, but after few hours I wanted to move onto another game. The game has more things going against it than for it in my opinion. The guns don't appeal to me, the story is poor and more confusing than it should be, but if you play it for the multiplayer you will find more fun to be had there. I suppose if you really love the series, you will really enjoy the game. If you found the other titles a bit boring, repetitive, than move along. Expand
  7. Nov 23, 2013
    Unfortunately I have to give this game a "Meh" rating due to the total let-down and... I hate to say... it's not as good as the previous KillZone games. I went in expecting it to be A LOT better than KillZone 2 & 3 and this game did not deliver. For one i was disappointed at the fact that the levels were pretty dull compared to the beautiful levels in the previous games. I feel like theUnfortunately I have to give this game a "Meh" rating due to the total let-down and... I hate to say... it's not as good as the previous KillZone games. I went in expecting it to be A LOT better than KillZone 2 & 3 and this game did not deliver. For one i was disappointed at the fact that the levels were pretty dull compared to the beautiful levels in the previous games. I feel like the developer rushed this game due to it's timeline for release, and it shows in quality. I must say that Xbox one so far is impressing me a whole lot more with Ryse. Let's hope later down the line better games come out for my PS4 Expand
  8. Nov 26, 2013
    This game shows off the PS4's power with the beautiful scenery to well developed characters, but the game play it's self leaves a lot to be desired with overall odd acting characters and a boring multiplayer.
  9. Dec 23, 2013
    First I have to tell you that I am a huge Playstation Fan and that I have played Killzone 1, 2, 3 and have Platinum all three of them on my PS3.

Now as for Shadow Fall.....It has to be one of the most frustrating games that I have ever played. The objectives at times were confusing and I did not really like the so called "open world" of each level. Its like they wanted you to explore each level like Fallout instead of being a great shooter. As for the OWL....It does more of the work for you than your player does. OWL go kill these guy, OWL go and hack the computer, OWL go and open a ZIP line, OWL put up a shield and I will do some killing. The Missions were mostly all stealthy and it lacked for the most part the feel of a huge battlefield expect for about one mission. The story was the weakest of the series and the AI was also quite weak. Thats all I will say about the campaign.

The multiplayer aspect is solid for this game. It delivers a solid experience for this game. The only issues I have about the maps are easy for players to kill spawn. Yep, kill spawning is alive and well in this generation.

Yes I did buy this game and yes I will still play it but this one is one that I will not platinum.
  10. Jan 16, 2014
    Kill Zone Shadow Fall, first off this game dose not feel like a KillZone game making the game brighter change the whole feel of it. Yeah the graphics look very pretty but this is next gen do you expect to play games that don't look good? The missions Feel boring and many times you get lost because the objective marker is not clear on what to do or where to go. Overall this game feels likeKill Zone Shadow Fall, first off this game dose not feel like a KillZone game making the game brighter change the whole feel of it. Yeah the graphics look very pretty but this is next gen do you expect to play games that don't look good? The missions Feel boring and many times you get lost because the objective marker is not clear on what to do or where to go. Overall this game feels like a knock off to the pervious KillZone games if you haven't played KillZone 1 thru 3 then You wouldn't mind this game and probably give it an 8 but me a "KillZone fan" this feels like a smack. Also with out giving away any spoilers the story is very cheesy and in the end makes you think why did the writers do this. I really like Sony because of their exclusive games but I truly believe they ruin the series with this and killed it for me. Expand
  11. Nov 25, 2013
    The start of Killzone: Shadowfall should give you a pretty good idea of what to expect from the rest of the game. The visuals are beautiful overall, and often even breathtaking. The gameplay is solid, (although there were two spots in particular where I was meant to use the zipline to progress, but the game wouldn't let me equip it for some reason, but more on that later...) And I alsoThe start of Killzone: Shadowfall should give you a pretty good idea of what to expect from the rest of the game. The visuals are beautiful overall, and often even breathtaking. The gameplay is solid, (although there were two spots in particular where I was meant to use the zipline to progress, but the game wouldn't let me equip it for some reason, but more on that later...) And I also think that most of the guns feel like they lack any punch. My main problems with the game come in the form of story and voice acting. And the super generic feel. (It almost feels like the lovechild of a Killzone and Halo game.) The story is one we've heard a million times and even the plot twists where expected. I would nominate the the voice actors for Kellan, Echo, Sinclair, and Massar for the "Worst Voice Acting Ever in a Triple A Title" Award. Massar was especially poorly delivered. The acting wasn't unbearable, but I expected more out of a game that is so sexy graphically in contrast. Overall, I definitely recommend playing it because while I had my problems with it, it was fun. Just not as believable or immersive (yes, I know immersive isn't a real word but I think you know what I'm saying) as it might have been with better performances. Expand
  12. Nov 19, 2013
    Amazing graphics, but had a decent amount of frustrating moments. Story was kinda meh, it was my first Killzone so that may have hurt. I'm guessing my second play-through will be a lot more enjoyable. I can't wait to see how graphics will be on PS4 a year from now!
  13. Nov 25, 2013
    Any person rating this game high is deluding themselves. I wanted it to be great but the more I played it the more I just wanted it to be over. I don't often give up on games, but Killzone came close. I still believe PS4 will be a wonderful system, but besides from wonderful graphics, this game offered absolutely nothing to showcase it.
  14. Dec 23, 2013
    This game is a decent launch showpiece for the PS4. The good:
    1. Mind-blowing graphics. The amazing level of detail is evident from sprawling futuristic cities to the stitching detail visible on your gloves. I'm particularly impressed with faces and character emotions. PC-level stuff.
    This game is a decent launch showpiece for the PS4. The good:
    2. The O.W.L. Controlling your own drone is fantastically fun. The O.W.L. is the most creative and engaging component of the entire game.
    3. Tight shooting, solid AI. I've always thought the AI enemies in the Killzone games are among the smartest you can find; aware, quick to find cover and aggressive.
    The Bad:
    1. It's boring Killzone continues the series' tradition of creating characters and story-lines I don't care about.
    2. Lack of guns, gadgets, and progression. Guns are boring and limited, Tech has some highlights but is overall un-imaginative.
    Overall- it's a must own for PS4-early adopters, but this game will quickly fade into mediocrity as the PS4 library is established.
  15. Nov 20, 2013
    My Full Killzone Review! (Multiplayer Included) (Minimal Spoilers)

Let me start off by saying Next Gen has finally arrived and dang it feels great! I am so excited to see what's to come of these consoles and the games that come out on them. Campaign: I started up the campaign and decide to play on normal which is what I do for almost all games I play. It gives me a happy medium of
    My Full Killzone Review! (Multiplayer Included) (Minimal Spoilers)

Campaign:

I started up the campaign and decide to play on normal which is what I do for almost all games I play. It gives me a happy medium of difficulty without taking away from the story. The game started up with a little video of what you have missed since the 30 years from Killzone 3. Honestly after the video I was still a little confused about what was going on. Which lets me tell you that you don't need to play the other 3 to understand this one. Once the video was over I took control of a child. I was in what appeared to be my house and was looking out a window at the Helghast detaining people and moving them into a cage. I turn and look to my left and see a man which appears to be my father. He calls me Lucas and informs me that we need to go and that we can only take what we need. He keeps telling me we will be safe once we get to the other side of the wall. As we move out of my room the front door starts rattling with forceful Knocks. The person on the otherwise of the door keep yelling, "Open Up!" My dad says, We have to move now!" You spend a good amount of time working your way to the wall trying not to get caught.

After some unfortunate events that occur you soon start playing as the grown up version of the Lucas. I'd say he is now in his mid twenties. You are the youngest to be accepted into the Shadow Marshall and are proven to be a real asset to the raging war. I now realize that we are in a constant war with the Helghast. The people on the other side of the wall (YOU) are called Vekten. We supposedly took their planet from them and they want it back.

While playing through the game I didn't feel very attached to the story. It seemed pointless at times and sometimes just to many errands to run before I could leave an area. It got a little repetitive in the sense you always had to go turn this off or destroy this. What didn't help any is that the A.I. Was horrid and acted so dumb. It wasn't until around chapter 6 where the story got a little better and tried to recover from the rocky start. It however was too late to save it. Towards the end of the game I just wanted to be done with it so I could say I beat it.

Once I completed Chapter 9 I thought the game was over. The credits started rolling and I was left confused and frustrated. I felt like I did all this work and achieved nothing. Then all of the sudden the credits got hacked and I was back in for Chapter 10. I must say I was relieved that it didn't end the way I thought it did.

All in all the story wasn't half bad but at the same time wasn't anything to run home about. It really had trouble keeping me involved and interested which left me feeling bored throughout the game. It had its moments but not enough to keep the story alive.

Graphics:

Not much needs to be said here. The graphics were on par and probably some of the best I've seen for any game. It seems like they spent a lot of time perfecting the lighting and the detail to the objects and environment. I could easily tell this was a true next gen game.

A few things I noticed is it had some slight frame rate issues when the environment was collapsing. Also I noticed when you looked out yonder it was very pixelated and smeared together. Now the only thing that bugged me was the cut scenes looked worse the the actual gameplay. I have never seen anything like this. It is usually the exact opposite. I don't understand how this happened but it seemed like they rushed them. They were clunky and not very well put together.

Other then those few things I was impressed with the detail and it blows my mind that this is the first game out on the console. I can't wait to see how they improve and polish. I believe we can get even better looking titles.

Gameplay:

This is were the game lacked. It had so many problems that it felt like a drag just to play. I had so many times were I had to reload checkpoints because I would get stuck or things wouldn't happen that were supposed to happen.

Don't even get me started on the A.I.! They were horrible and quite frankly unacceptable. This is a next gen game... Why are the A.I. some of the worst I have ever seen. It seems like to me they spent all their time on the graphics and not a lot of time on anything else. This is no way of launching a title to start off the next generation of gaming. Let me give you an example of how bad these A.I. were. I happened to be sneaking around from cover to cover and accidentally walked right out in front of 3 enemies. I literally froze and waited for them to shoot my face in. One of them said, "I think I see something." The other 2 are oblivious to what is going on. He sits there and moves his body from left to right as if he was trying to see better. Now at this point I think to myself, why haven't I died yet. I am standing 5 feet from 3 enemies in plain sight and they can't see me? Just an FYI it was not at all dark. I was outside in the beaming sun standing right in front of these 3 Helghast. I decide to test my luck and melee the first enemy. Once again the other 2 are oblivious to what is happening. I then shoot the other 2 and somehow make it out of there without a bullet being shot at me. Now this wasn't the only time this happened. They either were really blind or could see you across the map. It got really annoying and made me rage a few times.

Now here is something that really bugged me as well. Why the heck aren't we allowed to activate the flashlight on your gun or suit? Most of the time I would be in an area that is pitch black and is almost impossible to navigate. I had to turn up my gamma so much just to see that it made the graphics look bad. Sometimes your objective marker wouldn't even show up so you would have to roam around until you found the right way which was very hard to do in the dark.

Multiplayer:

When I went to the multiplayer menu I noticed there wasn't any customization tab for your character or a load out menu or anything. I decided to just jump in a match. It automatically put me in with some random class. I then found out I could pause the game and change my class. They had a bunch of random classes but none that you could make on you own. Also I noticed after playing a few matches that there wasn't any progressive leveling system. It was just accomplish certain challenges. I didn't really like the whole multiplayer layout. However the gameplay was smooth and the graphics were just as good as the campaign and that is something you don't see everyday. They had a couple game mode but not enough to keep me interested. I got bored of the multiplayer fast. I decided to go back and play the Campaign again.

Conclusion:

In the end the game was just alright. It had its ups and downs. The only thing that this game really shines in is the graphics. I would recommend this game if you were renting it or if the price comes down. I wouldn't spend $65 on it. However if you dying for a game to play on the next gen then by all means have at it. It isn't a terrible choice.

Verdict: 1-10 (10 Being The Best)

Campaign 7
    Graphics 9
    Gameplay 6
    Multiplayer 5

Average Score 6.75

Second Look:
    I decided to play the campaign through again but this time on Hard difficulty. I liked it a lot better. The A.I. Was slightly better and it was actually fun and challenging at the same time. Final Score: 7.5
  16. Dec 7, 2013
    man this game is awesome in many ways. The gameplay is %100 solid. But too bad the story is so boring. Call of Duty stories beat this game by a mile. I mean, why did the game end the way it did? ugh.
  17. Dec 9, 2013
    Shadowfall hits all the high points you expect for a launch title. And some of the lows. It's a technical showcase that's for sure. Smokes every next gen offering I've seen so far. The music is really well done and the sound is above average. Enemy AI is hit or miss. Sometimes they really come after you, other times they kind of stand around and wait to be shot or in most cases shanked.Shadowfall hits all the high points you expect for a launch title. And some of the lows. It's a technical showcase that's for sure. Smokes every next gen offering I've seen so far. The music is really well done and the sound is above average. Enemy AI is hit or miss. Sometimes they really come after you, other times they kind of stand around and wait to be shot or in most cases shanked. The levels seem like they were designed with a stealth component taken highly into consideration but it's never really used. The enemies seem to detect you really quickly and with no silenced weapon other than your knife, it's next to impossible to sneak around much. I actually liked the story a lot. It suffered from not being fleshed out enough. The characters were begging for their stories to be told, but the devs at Guerrilla only touched on them. Make no mistake, SF is a solid game. It just needed that little nudge here and there to make it a really great game. Expand
  18. Dec 19, 2013
    Its a great game and has better graphics. In comparison, better graphics than Battlefield 4.

What dissapoints me is the lack of co-op and storyline. I hope they will improve them on the next installment
  19. Dec 21, 2013
    I just can't understand why they put such a poor save system in such a game that could have been great. BEWARE buying unless you can play a whole chapter for a save-- looks like I will play my Battlefield 4 and COD to bad, used to love the KillZones---GET IT FIXED!!!! so I can play when I want, not when YOU want me to
  20. Dec 22, 2013
    First when I started this game i was blown away. The grapichs look awesome (specially the outside area's).
    After a lil while when the real missions start I most of the time wondered what I was suppost to do. It's sometimes very unclear what you should do and the only way to get past that point is a eternal search for a switch that was hidden away in the dark.
    The game also wants you to

The game also wants you to puzzle trough some mission, but it not brain cracking what so ever. These puzzles let you walk the map from front to back and so on. It feels like a cheap way to extend the game.

One of the first thing I noticed that the players point of view is so damn low that you have the feeling you are a midged. Everyone in this game (npc's) are at least a head higher than the player. You can't look on top of they're shoulders.

The A.I. almost made me cry... They are more retarded then a goldfish with brain damage. They most of the time run around like some wild dogs that want to get shot.

So is this game that bad? No it's not awefull but has a lot of flaws. Specially in the singleplayer campain. The multiplayer has enough content to keep you satisfied for a few months. It plays great and looks good. Only downside is that it's extreem slow paced. If you are used to a COD or Battlefield you have the feeling this multiplayers runs in slowmotion.
  21. Dec 29, 2013
    The graphics are incredible. However, the overuse of lense flare is ridiculous taking away the realism. Why games use lense flare and motion blur is beyond me as I rarely experience it in real life. If I did as much as this game uses it I would seek out an eye doctor or get better equipment to use in combat.
  22. Jan 8, 2014
    Where Killzone: Shadow Fall claims a success, it must also concede a failure. The game offers some of the most impressive visual moments I've ever seen, tackling Crysis' visual depth as well as offering blockbuster vistas and stunning cityscapes. The transition between Vekta's crisp pure white city filled with crystal glass and lush foliage to New Helghan's hellishly industrial, dingy,Where Killzone: Shadow Fall claims a success, it must also concede a failure. The game offers some of the most impressive visual moments I've ever seen, tackling Crysis' visual depth as well as offering blockbuster vistas and stunning cityscapes. The transition between Vekta's crisp pure white city filled with crystal glass and lush foliage to New Helghan's hellishly industrial, dingy, rust-laden world of iron and steam is striking, with the Helghan forces taking on new terrifying forms with incredible detail and striking new designs. Fans of the series will love the attention to detail, but as someone who has vaguely dabbled in Killzone games previously, only to be disappointed, this is no change from the usual modus operandi of Killzone look pretty, shift copies. The online feels vaguely unique with some impressive map design but hardly a stellar, game changing new addition to a sea of games that have devoted a lot of time to an online that clearly received a great deal of attention and care, but lack anything new, to the detriment of the single-player mode.

The game's controls feel impressive, utilising the PS4's touchscreen to control an automated assistant to carry out a series of tasks with a flick of a finger. Empowering, to say the least. The game also uses the PS4 controller's light as a conveyance of health. Green for healthy, yellow for hurt, red for in danger, and flashing red for almost-dead. The game's sound is impressive, with a vivid and full bodied plethora of sounds to help further drive home the contrast between the rustling of trees and crunch of leaves to the clunking of metal underfoot. The game's soundtrack also offers sweeping orchestral pieces alongside some rather heavy-going modulated bassy tracks to really get the heart racing as you shoot down bullet trains and fly through the city hanging from a rappel line.

The game seems to try and be more than it is. It's addition to the line of Killzone games offers a rewarding experience to determined players with a nice ability to offer varying locales for the different missions, but at a cost. The plot feels jarringly odd. The same things seem to happen again and again as you pursue a wanted Helghan anarchist, who seems to disarm you and render you incapable of fighting back by merely looking at you more than once in the game. Irritating to say the least. The characters switch loyalties with very little narrative until much later, sparing only enough time to say they've changed sides, and leaving it at that. The huge worlds are cut down almost instantly by irritatingly constrictive and agitating map design and fiddly "what, where am I going?" moments that have you hammering the objective button to bring up the onscreen directional prompt to rescue you.

The game feels plagued by a sense of 'all-shine-no-substance'. The game is gorgeous and sounds incredible but playing it feels uncomfortable and some of the plot seems awfully repetitive. Single player segments of games are being rushed and utterly ignored as standard with the new generation of consoles, and this is no exception.
  23. Jan 9, 2014
    No sense of direction, easy to get lost,. Also, the game handles darkness badly. Together, these two factors make it really frustrating. Also some out of place zero gravity sections, which feel weird. Stealth is messed up. Worst game in the Killzone series. Wanted to love it.
  24. Jan 11, 2014
    It's just a tech demo, nothing less and nothing more. If you want a better Killzone play the original trilogy or Mercenary on the Vita. This is a sorry excuse for a Killzone game.
  25. Jan 23, 2014
    This game is garbage. A step backwards in the FPS genre. Sluggish movement, slow animations...just a clunky mess with a pretty coat of paint. Don't waste your money on this
  26. Mar 10, 2014
    This was my first time playing a killzone game and I liked the game, it had some fun parts however there were some sections that frustrated the hell out of me like the skydiving section. In some sections you will be saying "Please don't die." Overall it's a fun game that is a good addition to your ps4 library.
  27. Mar 31, 2014
    Killzone Shadow Fall is a pretty meh game imo, but the reason why I have a decent score is because it has beautiful graphics and awesome weapons. But the "meh" with this game is the campaign, it is pretty weird and .... (the .... means that I don't wanna spoil it). And on the multiplayer people love to abuse the shield and stays camping outside the spawn.
  28. Apr 18, 2014
    Great graphics. That's all!
    The storyline is terrible and at the end, you realize that the game isn't fun.
    You just keep playing, hoping an epic moment or a turn in the story.

My first PS4 game is just ok. That is sad.
  29. Apr 26, 2014
    One of the more disappointing game to launch on the PlayStation 4. Having been a huge fan of the killzone franchise, this one is by far the worse. It's unrecognisable! This shares no resemblance to the previous games. Killzone was a dark, gritty and intense shooter for hardcore players. It wasn't for everyone but for those who loved it, really loved it. It was unique too, especiallyOne of the more disappointing game to launch on the PlayStation 4. Having been a huge fan of the killzone franchise, this one is by far the worse. It's unrecognisable! This shares no resemblance to the previous games. Killzone was a dark, gritty and intense shooter for hardcore players. It wasn't for everyone but for those who loved it, really loved it. It was unique too, especially Killzone 2. This game is trying to become more of a mainstream success and it has failed. The developers should have stuck with the true killzone, the one with little colour and heavy weighting controls. It was far more exciting. It's not a terrible game, Shadowfall, but poor and uninteresting. Expand
  30. May 15, 2014
    Shadow Fall is quite a spectacle for those testing out their shiny new PS4 consoles, but some will criticize it for lacking in a true next-gen experience. Visuals are top-notch as is game play, but we have come to expect these from Sony powerhouse Guerrilla Games. However, while the OWL and other features are welcome additions, there is an overall feeling of something lacking in theShadow Fall is quite a spectacle for those testing out their shiny new PS4 consoles, but some will criticize it for lacking in a true next-gen experience. Visuals are top-notch as is game play, but we have come to expect these from Sony powerhouse Guerrilla Games. However, while the OWL and other features are welcome additions, there is an overall feeling of something lacking in the evolution of the series, particularly for the first installment on the PS4. FPS fans as well as fans of the franchise will no doubt get their fix from this title, but there is little memorable here; an experience that is soon forgotten, and one that will quickly be overshadowed by the wealth of promising titles coming soon to next generation consoles Expand
  31. May 26, 2014
    Killzone Shadowfall is one of the most visually stunning shooters to ever grace a console. But once you get used to the shiny next gen graphics, You’ll realise that there’s not really a whole lot of substance under all that style. This is a shining example of a series that has discarded its identity for a grab at mass appeal. It's perfectly decent but painfully generic. Everything inKillzone Shadowfall is one of the most visually stunning shooters to ever grace a console. But once you get used to the shiny next gen graphics, You’ll realise that there’s not really a whole lot of substance under all that style. This is a shining example of a series that has discarded its identity for a grab at mass appeal. It's perfectly decent but painfully generic. Everything in Shadowfall has been done better somewhere else already.

The good:
    For a launch title to look this glorious really does give one something to look forward to. Textures are razor sharp, lighting is amazing and colours are vibrant and warm. It’s ironic how good and prominent the lighting is in a game called SHADOWfall.

The helghast: character models for this faction are detailed and believable. The assault has streamlined armour plating and a predator like visage, the recon wears a cloak and has small lenses to make him less visible whilst the support boasts heavy armour and additional ammo on his person (visual only, though he is the ammo box guy).

Class balance: the way that classes have been handled here is excellent and well thought out. Each has a myriad of interesting options that make sense for the role that they are supposed to play. Though the turret and air support of the support class are very close to being OP, they don’t quite cross that line.

All guns unlocked from the start: if it looks interesting to you it’s right there to use from the get-go. This also counts for abilities

The bad:
    Boost lobbies: Guerrilla games bet everything on the fact that players would make their playlists for them, and provide these to the community. The best the community has been able to come up with is boost lobbies. Most bad points stem from how badly this concept blew up in Guerrilla’s face. No one uses the system meant to serve as the very core of the game.

Generic: everything unique which couldn’t be used on every map for the player created playlists, had to go. No jetpacks or mech’s (these were in Killzone 3) are fine, but the problem is that every single match you play will be identical. This is due to the fact that only the Guerrilla games created playlists have any players in them. the modularity also means that beacons and pylons are used as objectives across multiple modes, these all look the same, adding to the feeling of monotony.

Low player count: on an average weekday in Europe no more than 300 people are playing, at least 250 of them in the extended warzone playlist. Not a problem so long as you can find a lobby, were it not for the fact that community created content is the absolute heart of multiplayer here. That heart isn't beating, that's a problem.

Spawn rape: I put in 20 hours for this review, no match, not a single one, did not involve one team spawn raping the other into oblivion. Matches will end 0-5 almost without exception. Players will wait slightly outside the bounds of the other team’s spawn and then kill them as they round corners meant to prevent easy lines of sight. There is a reason why almost every game has abandoned the turrets and barriers type of spawning base. These are hopelessly easy to exploit because the enemy knows exactly where you HAVE to come from, and will thus lock down every exit easily.

The campaign is pathetic. It's ham-fisted attempts at evoking an emotional response via obnoxious audio diaries or the banal first mission are only compounded by nonsensical attempts at environmental puzzles. Enemies will always notice you but somehow can't think of a more effective means of attack than slowly walking towards you whilst discharging their weapon. Your player character is also an imbecile, he gets himself caught to save some soldiers only to get the ones he was trying to save killed alongside the extra soldiers making the exchange. This for a prisoner vital enough to the Helghast that they'd even agree to a trade in the first place. He could have just killed the main villain easilly and have avoided everything that happened afterwards. The plot expects you to take it very seriously, hence my harsh criticism.

Shadowfall isn't killzone, if you want that, go play killzone 3 on the PS3. In that title your character has mass, and handles as if they are a person with all the heavy gear and armour on that they look to be wearing. The core mode is a superior variant of rush from bad company 2 with cool cutscenes featuring your character and unique weapons that are all equally viable. This on top of the gradually changing level and well balanced classes.

I'm afraid that With Killzone Shadowfall, Guerrilla games shadowfailed. They have delivered a game rife with great ideas but crippled by poor execution and a lack of either direction or its own identity. It certainly isn't a bad game by any means, just not worth your money amidst it's superior alternatives. If all you care about are graphics however, buy it, you will have no regrets.
  32. May 26, 2014
    It has the greatest visuals yet out of all of the current PS4 games, but it is just feels like another standard first person shooter to me. I love some FPS games but they could have made the game-play more exciting and rewarding somehow...
  33. May 29, 2014
    Killzone Shadow Fall has beautiful graphics and some good new ideas but not much else. The enemy A.I is poor, which takes away a lot of the fun of the single player, the plot is not as well developed as it could be. The multiplayer is really nothing special.
  34. Jun 1, 2014
    This game has beautiful graphics and fun online with great gamemodes and equipment to go along with but is brought down with a boring uninspired campaign.
  35. Jun 2, 2014
    Killzone: Shadow fall is a good game that wants to be something great.

While offering beautiful visuals that come close to what any top end PC can offer. Kill zone unfortunately stumbles with sometimes questionable AI, bad voice acting, and bad level design; which at times, can become quite frustrating. However, while it has a lot of bad aspects, it also offers a lot of good. Such
    Killzone: Shadow fall is a good game that wants to be something great.

However, while it has a lot of bad aspects, it also offers a lot of good. Such as great multi-player, a solid single player campaign and a fairly solid story to go with it.

Also, Killzone offers some great weapons and gadgets to play with.

Its just a shame, because with just a little more time and polish, it could have meant the difference between a good game and a great game.

Unfortunately Killzone remains the former.
  36. Nov 19, 2013
    Great game, but a little underwhelming. I was expecting much more, considering this is Playstation 4's first Killzone. Hopefully the next one is better.
  37. Nov 27, 2013
    This game has a very underwhelming story and an underwhelming multiplayer. Nothing in this game kept me wanting to come back, and it's very apparent that many others feel the same way since the multiplayer is practically empty. It has very great graphics, though, which is always good since you're constantly staring at it. One big annoyance is how poorly made the UI is. It took me a whileThis game has a very underwhelming story and an underwhelming multiplayer. Nothing in this game kept me wanting to come back, and it's very apparent that many others feel the same way since the multiplayer is practically empty. It has very great graphics, though, which is always good since you're constantly staring at it. One big annoyance is how poorly made the UI is. It took me a while to figure out how to invite friends to my game, and it can be difficult to navigate for newcomers. Expand
  38. Nov 15, 2013
    I honestly found the game to be mediocre at best. The Graphics are quite incredible, some of the best I've ever seen, but the way the game plays just feels so... average. The gameplay is what counts in the long run and I feel like this game comes in short in this aspect. It's fun for the first hour and a bit, but after a while running around blasting and knifing gets seriouslyI honestly found the game to be mediocre at best. The Graphics are quite incredible, some of the best I've ever seen, but the way the game plays just feels so... average. The gameplay is what counts in the long run and I feel like this game comes in short in this aspect. It's fun for the first hour and a bit, but after a while running around blasting and knifing gets seriously repetitive. The game also lacks a certain precision, making multiplayer feel like whoever gets the jump, gets the kill. Play this one at a friends house, but you should wait to see what other developers like naughty dog have up their sleeve. Expand
  39. Nov 18, 2013
    enjoying it so far, but it's really not 'next gen'. i'm primarily a pc gamer and i've been doing pretty well this past couple months so figured why not just buy a ps4. i had a couple pre-ordered for resale on ebay so went ahead and got killzone with the system. been kind of craving a mindless fps game to play, and just wans't feeling the new BF4 or COD so i wasn't expecting to be blownenjoying it so far, but it's really not 'next gen'. i'm primarily a pc gamer and i've been doing pretty well this past couple months so figured why not just buy a ps4. i had a couple pre-ordered for resale on ebay so went ahead and got killzone with the system. been kind of craving a mindless fps game to play, and just wans't feeling the new BF4 or COD so i wasn't expecting to be blown away. the game is pretty good but nothing special in any way so far. it's fun, maybe others will enjoy it more as it's my first killzone title. i primarily have played multi, which is pretty varied.

honestly though, my first thoughts after loading up the game were my pc could have done this 4 years ago easily... haha. i hope the new architecture helps ports go over to pc easier. the console is decent, and the game is ok, but i will probably end up selling the console down the line and sticking to pc.

curiosity got the best of me really. if you have lots of friends that play games on ps4 though, it might be a lot more fun for you. that's a big part in the equation for multiplayer.
  40. Nov 25, 2013
    I thought past killzone games was fairly mediocre first person shooters good for 24 hour rentals. the good news is Killzone on ps4 is not as mind numbingly boring as the first game on ps1. the bad news it is about as interesting as killzone 2 and 3 and those games was not that interesting.

It is the same gameplay as killzone 3. only in far less interesting setup of bad guys that run at you in very dumb fashion much like in the stupid AI of quake 2 on the pc. The game does not do that much to keep it fresh.; Other than the new glitzy future type enviroments I dont see much here that is updated and it seems there is less of it.

Also this game does not look that great cysis 3 on PC looks much more impressive than this and so does battlefield 4 4 to say I am underwhelmed by how this game looks is an understatement.
  41. Apr 6, 2014
    Having a hard time deciding between a 5 and a 6 for this game...

Having a hard time deciding between a 5 and a 6 for this game...

The gameplay was incredibly frustrating. There was very little to offer that was unique, other than the last mission which was a very nice change of pace. The story was interesting, but not enough to keep me interested for a long play session or for playing once more than every other day. The multiplayer felt too clunky for me to enjoy, but that's more on personal preference. The graphics were incredible, but what matters for interactive media is the interactivity, so the gameplay is what really matters here, and it is not up to par with what it should be.

I'll go with a 6.
  42. Apr 21, 2014
    Killzone Shadow Fall falls short of everything Guerrilla Games has established with the Killzone franchise. I would even go as far to say that this is the worst Killzone game in the series.

The game consists of sewn together sequences, as if the developers didn't have time to fill in the gaps upon completion. The gameplay and graphics are ok, but there is nothing memorable about this game. In Killzone 2 you controlled a giant mech, in Killzone 3 you had jetpacks and a huge fight in space in Killzone 4 you have... well... nothing really. You have a companion "OWL" you can command for some basic actions like scanning the enviroment, attacking enemies and deploying a grapnel rope; but that would be it really.

The story is as predictable as it is lame, you won't care for any of the characters and most of the time you are alone (unlike Killzone 2 and 3).

This game will be a waste of your money, buy it as a bargain or rent it, you'll be glad you did.

Based on my experience with the single player mode.
  43. Nov 15, 2013
    Can the immature and pathetic xbox fanboys piss off trolling you sad bunch of ****

The single player is ok but and fun and playable but isnt gripping.

The multiplayer is fantastic and warezones is alot of fun. Play different game modes every few minutes add veriaty.
  44. Nov 18, 2013
    Worst game campaign ever. I hated the singlerplayer, but the multiplayer experience saved the game. Killzone just have beatiful graphics, but the gameplay isn't attractive.
  45. Nov 18, 2013
    The good things: Fantastic Graphics, feels next gen, wonderful multiplayer, great guns, responsive controls, and a great atmosphere.
    The bad things: Story is not par, no innovative game mechanics, touch pad owl is unnecessary, singleplayer alone would never come close to justifying the price. and although the guns are great, I wish there were more.
    Over all I think Killzone Shadow fall

Over all I think Killzone Shadow fall is the game to get if you have gotten your hands on a PS4 already, the graphics will leave you in awe, high res textures, wonderful particle effects, and awesome facial expressions. The multiplayer is by far the high point in this game, (one of the most enjoyable fps multiplayer games I have played), but if that alone is enough to justify the price i'm not sure, if you play fps games on multiplayer an hour or more a day I would definitely recommend it.
  46. Nov 19, 2013
    Killzone: Shadowfall is a satisfying component to my ps4, delivering excellent visuals which showcase the power of the new system. The campaign is a healthy length but it fails to impress me due to its weak plot. I absolutely love the gameplay; its so engaging, fast paced and entertaining. The audio is strong, packed with excellent SFX and Soundtracks. After the campaign I dived intoKillzone: Shadowfall is a satisfying component to my ps4, delivering excellent visuals which showcase the power of the new system. The campaign is a healthy length but it fails to impress me due to its weak plot. I absolutely love the gameplay; its so engaging, fast paced and entertaining. The audio is strong, packed with excellent SFX and Soundtracks. After the campaign I dived into multiplayer which is where my fun ended with horrible connections and service. It took minutes to get into a lobby just for the game to exit with an error message.

Overall I suggest leaving this game for single player only and give multiplayer a miss (until a patch is released) and you should have a good time.
  47. Nov 21, 2013
    The graphics are amazing. That's pretty much it. That's all the game has going for it. The multiplayer is exactly the same as the last two games in the series. The single player is boring to the point of exhaustion. Little variety in the environments, and weapons adds to this. The story is also really uninteresting.
  48. Jun 8, 2014
    This review will come from a ones killzone lover, ps2 and ps3 games were amazing, the stories were mind driven, and great graphics.

Shadow Fall ones however failed to impress. With a story that makes no sense, and no connection to previous games of the franchise (or pretty bad ones) it was a deal breaker for me. Amazing graphics? check, facial expressions? check, balanced

Shadow Fall ones however failed to impress.

Amazing graphics? check, facial expressions? check, balanced multiplayer? not really.
    Story that makes sense? nope.

[multiplayer]
    Even the season pass wont be worth 20 bucks, the updates are slow, the balance fixes are slow, and the devs aint seem to be that active at talking to fans about the game.

2/10 - The E3 trails looked better the the final project, such a shame..
  49. May 29, 2014
    Graphics: 7.2 Sound: 7.5 Gameplay: 7.2 Fun/Story: 7.0

An average game, some disappointment with graphics and story. Of course it doesn´t look bad and it has some nice effects and landscapes but PS4 has power for much more.
  50. Nov 16, 2013
    Decent but nothing special really. Standard, immemorable shooter with a nice premise but bad story. The multiplayer is better than the single player but not even that will be remembered for very long. The graphics are very good but with the power of the PS4, games are going to start looking even much better than this.
    Overall, I don't know if it's worth the price. I have a feeling I just
    Overall, I don't know if it's worth the price. I have a feeling I just spent $65.00 on just another Perfect Dark.
  51. Nov 18, 2013
    This is a totally average game. The story is interesting, but without many large moments, each mission feels the same as the last: Go here and kill this. I like the stealth-ish gameplay, but I wish that it required crouching or hiding in shadows. I haven't played online, but I finished the campaign. When the final credits started to roll, I was satisfied with the story, but I don't everThis is a totally average game. The story is interesting, but without many large moments, each mission feels the same as the last: Go here and kill this. I like the stealth-ish gameplay, but I wish that it required crouching or hiding in shadows. I haven't played online, but I finished the campaign. When the final credits started to roll, I was satisfied with the story, but I don't ever see myself returning. Expand
  52. Nov 16, 2013
    Started off fun and faded throughout with a few fun moments. There were a few occasions were I was able to reach areas in a map which I became stuck and could not move. Had to restart from prior checkpoint in order to continue.
  53. Dec 7, 2013
    Very bad gameplay (stupid design of locations, awful AI of enemies), storyline, cut-scenes are just pathetic, really poorly directed "supposed-to-be-epic" moments.
    Nice graphics for a launch title though.
    Killzone 2 and 3 are much, much better.
  54. Dec 11, 2013
    The game could be great but turned out just mediocre. It has stunning graphics, and amazingly designed sceneries, but what is lacking is any exciting gameplay. I played all previous killzones and prefered their jock-soldier narration much better than what Shadow Fall is trying to acomplish.

The developer went for a story that is just too serious for a game where you fight nazi-communists in space suits. The dark, but semi-humorous and epic tone of the previous parts suited the games much better.

The campaign is very uneven. Parts of it are fine, and fun to explore, while others are plainly boring and/or frustrating. Throughout the game there are places where the dialogues leave you with a vague sense of direction and you're not really sure what you're expected to do some tasks are just unintuitive, and the objectives don't do a good job explaining them.

I really liked the audio logs and comic strips fround troughout the game though finding them was really fun and rewarding.
  55. Dec 14, 2013
    Like Ryse, Killzone Shadow Fall is essentially a tech demo of how good the PS4 can preform visually in fact it looks better Ryse! However Shadow Fall sets itself apart from Ryse for having actual worthwhile, fun gameplay, the king of which is its incredible multiplayer. So lets start with the campaign easily the most disappointing part of the game. In Killzone 3, the VSA( good guys)Like Ryse, Killzone Shadow Fall is essentially a tech demo of how good the PS4 can preform visually in fact it looks better Ryse! However Shadow Fall sets itself apart from Ryse for having actual worthwhile, fun gameplay, the king of which is its incredible multiplayer. So lets start with the campaign easily the most disappointing part of the game. In Killzone 3, the VSA( good guys) totally destroy the planet of the Helghast space nazis In return, the VSA let the Helghast colonise half of their planet, leading to a Cold War scenario that's SUPPOSED to be mystery and espionage... No! It Michael Bay style action, which can be super cool at times, but still doesn't fit the purpose. Your supposed to care for the characters... No! The characters are boring and un memorable. The A.I. is alright, and overall the campaign is good, but comes with a very VERY bad ending. But once you sink your teeth into the sandwich known as multiplayer! It's fast and fluid, while also being tactical and dynamic. Returns is Killzones signature warzone, a constant online battle that's constantly updating with new objectives. Despite this, the thing I love the most about Shadow Fall is its levelling system... There is none. Instead to unlock stuff like new weapon mods( all guns are unlocked at the begging, which can help noobs have a chance at winning. If Shadow Falls campaign was on par with its multiplayer then this would of been the perfect FPS... But it's not. Expand
  56. Dec 28, 2013
    Look, i never liked Killzone
    i think its a overated franchise
    but this game is good!!! it has a good gameplay
    the graphics are very awesome but ....i dont know its very dissapointing
    i guess i hate Multiplayer and the First Person shooter are not the mine
    well, this game is good...still better than killzone trilogy
  57. Dec 29, 2013
    This is a very average first person shooter worth playing since there are not very many games for the PS4. The First person story is horrendous but does get a tad better towards the game. The gameplay is smooth for the most part with a few frame rate issues here and there. The graphics are pretty good. I would compare them to medium-high with some AA on a gaming pc. The in game sound is aThis is a very average first person shooter worth playing since there are not very many games for the PS4. The First person story is horrendous but does get a tad better towards the game. The gameplay is smooth for the most part with a few frame rate issues here and there. The graphics are pretty good. I would compare them to medium-high with some AA on a gaming pc. The in game sound is a little sub par and the voice acting was terrible. Don't let the open level talk fool you. This game is on rails. The check point system will break immersion due to changing your weapon load out in the middle of a chapter.

With all that said I did enjoy playing this game and retiring my PS3 with no regrets. For a launch game I am pleased because future iterations of PS4 games will only get better.
  58. Dec 30, 2013
    Firstly it has to be noted that Killzone Shadow Fall is obscenely pretty, containing a graphical fidelity that is fitting for next generation and experimenting with new environments and close attention to detail. Make no mistakes the vistas are stunning and at first glance the game will take your breath away but unfortunately this effect doesn't last.

Firstly the parallel with history

Firstly the parallel with history continues, from the obvious Nazi/WW2 undertones of one through three this time a cold war scenario has arisen with the Helghan on one side of an enormous wall and the Vektans on the other both supposedly at peace whilst running covert ops that appear to be the least covert in all of history considering the amount captured people, botched operations and indeed the player themselves being captured comes into play. The story dismisses this potentially interesting concept in favour of recreating another standard unremarkable plot of FPS staple based around some nondescript terrorist group who have decided to cause trouble because reasons.

The plot is at best unremarkable leaving no considerable impact even when it sets itself up to do so, threating mass catastrophe or death with a mission that despite the Shadow Marshals, that is the Vektan Black Ops, apparent multiple membership only the player character can be sent to do anything and as such it throws away the subtexts and smaller pieces in favour of pushing the ham fisted main storyline forwards in an absolutely nonsensical way particularly given from cutscenes alone if logic was applied the player should be dead several times over. The actual main plot is not enough to hold attention with several blaring gaps such as an early mission [*SPOILERS*] where trains are turned into mobile missiles and the Vektans lose control of the system but do not simply use the emergency stop to cut off electricity leaving them useless rather shovelling the player into obviously deliberate level design [*END SPOILERS*]

Worse the human element of the story disintegrates as the player is thrust into the role of an elite soldier who can take on entire battalions alone, defeat impossible odds etc and it all gives the game an inconsistent tone as one minute there is mass remonstration about the horrors of the Helghast and the atrocities of the continuing war then the game thrusts you into a fantastical situation demanding you defy all odds to save everyone. Its a very detached experience and the AI doesn't help one bit being very short on brains or programming as your allies refuse to move up unless you hit a trigger point twenty feet ahead of the logical regroup point or throw yourself headlong into enemy bullets for several minutes and in the few occasions you have help you almost wish you didn't.

Having said that the gunplay is weighty and the balancing feels spot on, they're not so heavy as in two nor are they as floaty as three and guerrilla must be commended for finding this balance. The levels compliment such gunplay being multi-dimensional and allowing multiple approaches across various floors and areas is a lot of fun only this gets removed in favour of linear corridors later on and there are still the unnecessary sequences which will frustrate turning into trial and error repeats of ill thought out areas. Largely however the level design is excellent and when combined with the gunplay extremely gratifying although enemies in wider areas respawn quicker than you can find ammo to remove them making it annoying when you clear an area for a flanking manoeuvre, have to run from a grenade, come back and everyone is alive once more.

The game certainly attempts some innovation such as the OWL companion, a standard roster of appropriately textured and excellent sounding space age weapons but refuses to go anywhere with what it innovates being unsure of the power of next gen as of yet which is to be expected but it still leaves the elements feeling a bit too empty particularly when they're coupled with a total lack of guidance. Normally games lead you by the hand to an excruciating degree, but Killzone does the opposite with so much beauty on screen it's nearly impossible in some cases to work out where it is you're supposed to be going.

There are also some RPG elements such as audio diaries and the like which add a nice overall tone and make the world seem more alive and draw you in with optional exposition to support the events around you in an attempt to connect them or to provide more information than the cutscenes alone and any such collectibles are welcome whatever the game may be undeniably adding to the experience.

Ultimately killzone is a solid and graphically beautiful FPS that has some minor innovation but a bog standard plot, forgettable characters and whilst a solid level design that for the most part is different and fun a lack of appreciation of its own depth in this respect at points. It is not by any means bad simply not the huge leap to next gen some may wish for.
  59. Dec 30, 2013
    Graphics are this games best seller. Story is soso. Not really compelling. It is the same old story of oppression and terrorism. At every checkpoint, you are placed under fire where you have to take shots while looking for cover. Every new chapter you start with the weapon you can't ever swap out and a pistol. Things spawn out of nowhere as soon as you turn your back. You findGraphics are this games best seller. Story is soso. Not really compelling. It is the same old story of oppression and terrorism. At every checkpoint, you are placed under fire where you have to take shots while looking for cover. Every new chapter you start with the weapon you can't ever swap out and a pistol. Things spawn out of nowhere as soon as you turn your back. You find yourself using the "OWL" to do a good portion of the killing to avoid having to go into the many situations where you are grossly outnumbered with no cover.

Online is the same old same. Its just different guns and different maps. Depends what you like. You get a pistol and a long gun(Rifle, machine gun etc) and grenades. Modes are typical CTF, Deathmatch etc). I don't care for most PVP. It is still better than COD or Battlefield IMO. I am hoping the co-op coming out will be fun. co-op online is what made borderlands 1&2 fun for me.
  60. Jan 1, 2014
    The mechanics of the game are competent and the level design is well done, low point for me is how the story just jumps around with poor linking and context.
    Others are saying that Multiplayer is where the action is at, I don't really play multiplayer so I'm not swayed by that.
  61. Jan 3, 2014
    I never played any of the other killzones, so my review will not have anything to do with the story. the game over all is great. It fully exploits the power of the new PS4 system and it doesnt try to hide it. There are so many cutscenes where people get right up in your face and you can see every detail in full hd at 60FPS. The city is beautiful with all of its ships and shiny buildings.I never played any of the other killzones, so my review will not have anything to do with the story. the game over all is great. It fully exploits the power of the new PS4 system and it doesnt try to hide it. There are so many cutscenes where people get right up in your face and you can see every detail in full hd at 60FPS. The city is beautiful with all of its ships and shiny buildings. The AI are smart and will kill you if you treat this like a traditional first person shooter. the combat is great. the runs all look amazing although some look and feel to similar for my taste, There is also not much variety in the guns. Your character has a drone with some abilities that you will only ever need to use once. There is only one real boss fight and it is just decent. Its tough at first but I was still able to beat it in one try.

The campaign isnt perfect. like i said they take what chances they get into showing off the graphics and the power of the console. but in doing so they took focus off some of the missions. there is one mission where you and a few other soldiers are fighting off waves of enemies untill someone can get a ship prepared for your escape. well You really dont have to do much defending, there are weapons layed out that are pretty over powered and the enemies dont exactly do any hardcore rushing, sure there are some that do it but they are easy to pick off. There's actually an area that you can sit where the enemies will sit around you, shoot at you, but they wont hit you or advance at you. that level wasn't to thrilling. The AI is smart usually but in that mission they decided to derp out.

I was almost disappointed with the ending, until one other thing happened. No spoilers but you will be pleasantly surprised with the final part

Now for multiplayer. I have one way of summing it up. It felt like crisis. That's about it. if you like crisis you like this game. I was kinda hoping for something that felt completely different. you dont earn any of the guns, you just earn gear for them. then your gear slots for drones and deployable turrets and other stuff has everything unlocked as well. but you can level up the gear. The class with the LMG's are over powered imo because you get a giant attack drone that will demolish an unsuspecting team, AND YOU DON'T HAVE TO EARN IT! I literally wait for the enemy team to come out of there spawn and have my drone placed at their spawn. they get destroyed every time.

Overall I really enjoyed the game, but future games will need some improvement. the graphics are great, but lets get some gameplay that knocks the competition out.
  62. Jan 3, 2014
    The game is nice, but greatness was possible and was missed. Wonderful sci-fi environment. Good standard FPS elements (weapons, gadgets, etc.). Nice to have multiples choices sometimes on how to achieve a mission (go stealth, go brutal, etc,). I did not enjoy the flow of the game, always pushing the scenario heavily through, and the scenario been a little too corridor for me.
    Adding open
    Adding open world to the game would have been amazing. Amazing!
    Adding a minimal sci-fi crafting system would have been great as well.
    Adding a weapon, armor, gadget upgrades and stores would have been appreciated.
  63. Jan 31, 2014
    1st of all, this game is much harder to control than KZ3. Not sure if that's because of the PS4 controller (Analog handle is shorter which makes the fine adjustment nearly impossible).

2nd, the single player game is a big fking mess. It was good.. till you reach chapter 7 and 8. Those two chapters are horrible. Yes, I mean it, the designs are HORRIBLE. The fight at the end of chapter 7 is way too fking hard, even at normal I died like10 times. Also the gliding control at the beginning of chapter 8 sucks a*s, n took me several deathes to figure out how to glide. You guys think it's innovative heh? Hell* no, it's anti-intuitive!

I haven't play the multiplayer yet, but unless it whoas me, the score for this game will remain 5/10. But hey, why should I play the multiplayer with the lame controls when I have the nearly the whole BF series (from 2 to 4) available on my PC?
  64. Mar 2, 2014
    This was the first game I played on the PS4, and what a brilliant game to show off the ps4's technical abilities! The graphics are first class, and as my first Killzone game it marks a good introduction into the story. However the game soon starts to become monotonous, with the same tactics needing to be applied to flurries of enemies. I got over 4 hours into the campaign, so I gave itThis was the first game I played on the PS4, and what a brilliant game to show off the ps4's technical abilities! The graphics are first class, and as my first Killzone game it marks a good introduction into the story. However the game soon starts to become monotonous, with the same tactics needing to be applied to flurries of enemies. I got over 4 hours into the campaign, so I gave it ample chance, but in the end just got plain bored.

It deserves a solid 7, as the graphics and good multiplayer modes make it good purchase, and if you're a fan of the other killzones, and used to this type of gameplay, then don't hesitate.
  65. Mar 23, 2014
    Meh.... "Killzone". Blue vs red; good vs evil. Technically pretty good but I don't like the concept at all / at all..... how your dismissive mother might imagine a video game.
  66. Mar 25, 2014
    This game looked awesome in the demos. The game is fun, but it isn't Titanfall. This is about as close as you'll get to it, though. Enjoy your OWLs, and us PC elitists will enjoy our giant metal cans of beans that shoot LASERS AND ROCKETS AND STUFF.
    6 beans in a can of 10.
  67. Jun 16, 2014
    I think the game was fine. I didn't really enjoyed it much. but I was expecting that. I liked the visuals. Game play experience was good. Definitely having a dron support all the time was great idea.
    Story was nice. You get to play different style from action to stealth. Although stealth wasn't really good at some points. Maybe because it wasn't supposed to be stealthy at those points.
    I
    I really appreciated the checkpoints and chapter select.
    I didn't go through the MP. But I think it was fine too according to other reviews and demos.
    This is 7 for me
  68. Jun 23, 2014
    So let me get this straight. The Vektans destroy Helgan and make it uninhabitable, so they give up half their own planet to the surviving Helgast because they were feeling sorry for them ? Talk about a crappy storyline. Anyway, I enjoyed the previous Killzone games but this one is pretty ordinary. Coupled with the new Sony controller which feels even less comfortable in the hand than theSo let me get this straight. The Vektans destroy Helgan and make it uninhabitable, so they give up half their own planet to the surviving Helgast because they were feeling sorry for them ? Talk about a crappy storyline. Anyway, I enjoyed the previous Killzone games but this one is pretty ordinary. Coupled with the new Sony controller which feels even less comfortable in the hand than the PS3 version and I am glad I got this as a freebie. Particularly annoying is the fact that I can't exchange the basic loadout assault rifle for something else, so I only have one variable weapon option. The OWL is fun to use, but seems to go missing quite often. If you are thinking of spending your money on this one, I wouldn't bother. Expand
  69. Dec 1, 2013
    1) Multiplayer Multiplayer is a blast. Haven been playing it for hours it is really fun. Very different from Call of duty or BF4. And in my opinion better. The map are all small and the action fast paced. More similar to what you can find in Gears of War.

2) Singleplayer The singleplayer campaign is disappointing... Out of 10 chapters 2 only take around 10 mins to complete and one of the chapter was the worst 40 mins of my gaming experience. The 7 chapters left are okay...

If you plan on playing a lot of multiplayer buy the game. Otherwise, just rent it.
  70. Dec 2, 2013
    This game is mediocre. The campaign is okay, you probably won't be disappointed by that, but the multi-player is still lacking. You'll be left wondering why all the weapons seem to do the same amount of damage, and one wrong turn can have you staring down the enemy base defense turret with no warning. There are better games out there, but it isn't bad.
  71. Dec 3, 2013
    I really tried to like it, but this must be one of the most tedious games I’ve ever played. It’s also one of the best looking ones.
    It seems all the Sony fan-boys are giving it 10/10, but come on: Boring stealth, with boring puzzles and, to round it all off, countless instant-death traps (getting hit by a train, a spinning part of a reactor, etc…). The core game-play seems solid, but that’s just not enough to make this game fun. The disjointed boring story doesn’t help either…
    I can recognise this game for the technical achievement that it is, but that doesn’t make it a “good” game.
  72. Dec 4, 2013
    Killzone Shadowfall is the video game equivalent of Pamela Anderson 20 years back. Gorgeous to look at, but nothing else really worth your time. And boy is this game pretty. At times, it puts Crysis 3 maxed on PC to total shame. But that alone isn't enough to save it. The plot itself is decent, however poorly executed. If you asked me to tell you what happened, I simply wouldn't be able toKillzone Shadowfall is the video game equivalent of Pamela Anderson 20 years back. Gorgeous to look at, but nothing else really worth your time. And boy is this game pretty. At times, it puts Crysis 3 maxed on PC to total shame. But that alone isn't enough to save it. The plot itself is decent, however poorly executed. If you asked me to tell you what happened, I simply wouldn't be able to tell you because the storytelling is so unbelievably poor that it completely fails to convey what's going on at the end of the day it feels like a chain of disjointed missions with some reoccurring characters. The gameplay itself is decent, the characters aren't as snappy or responsive as they could be, but no worse than any other Killzone title in that respect either. Tools like the Owl, as well as many of the multiplayer perks help keep things interesting, but they fail to use any of these gadgets in a particularly creative way. The singleplayer campaign itself is around 10 hours long on hard at a guess, which is a fair bit longer than your average FPS these days, and the graphics are incredible and the level design is generally very good. Unfortunately, there ain't much re-playability here as there's no co-op, no higher difficulty etc if your first playthrough was on hard, bar trophy grinding, there really isn't any reason to play through again. The multiplayer is also decent, there's plenty of interesting perks and abilities, but a great number of the weapons are dull and samey, and the multiplayer gameplay despite it's creative intentions just end up being frag matches at certain map choke points. There are bots you can play against, but they're the equivalent of a practice mode in that you can't do any challenges or unlock anything while fighting against them, so they're not really useful to the average antisocial gamer. The last of a third mode outside of singleplayer and multiplayer limits the value of this game as well. While many games will have a third, like horde mode, or zombies, or something like that, all this has is SP and MP. Nothing else. I think at the end of the day though, Shadowfall is an essential title for your new PS4. Why? Because it's absolutely gorgeous if you want something to show off exactly what your new machine can do, this is the best looking console game to date bar nothing, and for that reason, an excellent title for anybody looking to see what their new hardware can do just don't expect a great game Shadowfall is just decent. Final Score: 7.0/10 Expand
  73. Dec 4, 2013
    Killzone is one of the best looking games out there. but sadly that is all it will be known for. the story is forgettable, confusing, and sadly pretty boring.. it's pretty long, but it isn't satisfying.

the multiplayer is just average. imagine COD if everyone had juggernaught x5. it has it's moments but it's not special. Killzone feels like nothing more than a tech demo for the ps4.

Killzone feels like nothing more than a tech demo for the ps4. but I can't give it a high score for graphics. it's an average game with great graphics, and for that, 6/10
  74. Dec 8, 2013
    I was disappointed with this game. Sony designs an amazingly beautiful city that you don't get a chance to explore. Most of your missions are away from the city and in space. Why didn't they allow the player to fully immerse themselves in this megatropolis? Why not make it an open world game? Missions become very linear and boring. They should've given the opportunity to choose sidesI was disappointed with this game. Sony designs an amazingly beautiful city that you don't get a chance to explore. Most of your missions are away from the city and in space. Why didn't they allow the player to fully immerse themselves in this megatropolis? Why not make it an open world game? Missions become very linear and boring. They should've given the opportunity to choose sides at the end. The multiplayer is mediocre at best. There is no aim assist in the game, so expect novice players to have a difficult time staying on targets. Why did I give it a 6/10? It's worth a play through. In no way is it a horrible game, but they missed out on so much potential. Expand
  75. Dec 9, 2013
    I've been a Killzone fan since the 2nd game, and that one blew me away. Killzone Shadow Fall however does nothing to push the series forward in terms of both campaign and multiplayer. The campaign is without a doubt one of the worst I've ever played, its so bad that I just can't finish it because it's so dull and repetitive. Multiplayer, while fun at times, doesn't innovate or make theI've been a Killzone fan since the 2nd game, and that one blew me away. Killzone Shadow Fall however does nothing to push the series forward in terms of both campaign and multiplayer. The campaign is without a doubt one of the worst I've ever played, its so bad that I just can't finish it because it's so dull and repetitive. Multiplayer, while fun at times, doesn't innovate or make the series remain fresh and ends up feeling like a generic shooter. This game is said to run at 60 frames per second online, which is not entirely true. Killzone Shadow Fall struggles to even maintain at least 50 frames per second and dropping as low as 30, that is unacceptable. Killzone Shadow Fall isn't a terrible game, but it could have been so much more, it's definitely not a system seller. Expand
  76. Dec 13, 2013
    Story: 4/10 Lackluster story. Minimal character progression with main character.

Graphics 10/10 Best graphics on next-gen right now. The sky looks incredible. Sound: 8/10 Especially like how the sound comes from the controller when you pick up audio logs. Gameplay: 7/10 Just a straight forward shooter. Owl mechanics seem a bit forced upon. Kind of a pointless gimmick. Rather have

Graphics 10/10 Best graphics on next-gen right now. The sky looks incredible.

Gameplay: 7/10 Just a straight forward shooter. Owl mechanics seem a bit forced upon. Kind of a pointless gimmick. Rather have cloak than Owl. Minimal guns and minimal enemies types. No character progression like many shooters have these days. Some sections of the level can be confusing. Multiplayer is lackluster and gets boring quickly.
  77. Dec 30, 2013
    This game shows what the next-gen games will be like and its a great success for Guerrilla Games. The Graphics are fantastic though I found the first few missions quite boring and too long. The Ending to the single player mode is great and the story was interesting. However the multiplayer is quite awful. On the negative side the maps are all quite big and when you find a game you cannotThis game shows what the next-gen games will be like and its a great success for Guerrilla Games. The Graphics are fantastic though I found the first few missions quite boring and too long. The Ending to the single player mode is great and the story was interesting. However the multiplayer is quite awful. On the negative side the maps are all quite big and when you find a game you cannot vote for them. Also its quite a slow paced multiplayer, not enough gadgets. On the positive side there is a large amount of guns to discover and use! Overall this is a great game which can keep you playing for a couple of hours. Expand
  78. Jan 16, 2014
    Killzonde: Shadow Fall its a beautiful game and the shows the power of PS4 but gameplay its not that good. Story its repetitive and Multiplayer its not get me
  79. Jan 18, 2014
    Killzone: Shadow Fall is a prime example of the technology the PS4 contains and what games can look like in the next-gen of games we are living in. The plot falls short of the other games in the Killzone series with trying to make up a new premise, like in Halo 4. The gameplay mechanics are done very fluently and add new moves that weren't in past Killzone games. Overall, this isn't theKillzone: Shadow Fall is a prime example of the technology the PS4 contains and what games can look like in the next-gen of games we are living in. The plot falls short of the other games in the Killzone series with trying to make up a new premise, like in Halo 4. The gameplay mechanics are done very fluently and add new moves that weren't in past Killzone games. Overall, this isn't the best Killzone game, but it's not the worst. Expand
  80. Jan 19, 2014
    This is not a bad game, I only played the online multi-player version. For what I have seen so far, I like it. If you like shooter games you will probably like this one. I am just into more story line mode and a bit of strategy combined but overall I say go for it. I doubt I add this to my collection as I am a bit more serious but it is free to play the online multi player version so I do.
  81. Jan 20, 2014
    When I first got my PS4, I had to have an exclusive to see what the graphics of a next gen game were. So I went for Killzone, and I'm not disappointed with what I saw. The Graphics look amazing, and definitely the best looking game out there on PS4 at the moment. I did feel the campaign was quite boring, the quieter moments didn't really work and the mechanics of some areas just felt weirdWhen I first got my PS4, I had to have an exclusive to see what the graphics of a next gen game were. So I went for Killzone, and I'm not disappointed with what I saw. The Graphics look amazing, and definitely the best looking game out there on PS4 at the moment. I did feel the campaign was quite boring, the quieter moments didn't really work and the mechanics of some areas just felt weird and not very well done. The multiplayer is okay, but you have to compare it with the other shooters released. And I end up going back to BF4 when I'm in the mood for some multiplayer shooter action. Expand
  82. Jan 26, 2014
    The graphics are amazing, the gameplay is decent, the multiplayer is fun to an certain degree. But without a level progression system it kinda lacks desire to play. Is it worth $60? No. perhaps $30 to $40, but that is it.
  83. Jan 26, 2014
    Excellent graphics on display but dull, linear missions and run-of-the-mill multi-player make it ultimately unsatisfying. Had to force myself to finish it. Hope to trade it in as soon as a good PS4 game gets released.
  84. Jan 28, 2014
    Overall this game is average at best. The gameplay is pretty generic when it comes to being an FPS. The graphics are a high point for the game, and the AI are not very intelligent. They do basic processes such as get to cover every now and then, and of course they shoot back at you. There are rarely ever any flanking orders, but sometimes you will hear them shouting back and forth commandsOverall this game is average at best. The gameplay is pretty generic when it comes to being an FPS. The graphics are a high point for the game, and the AI are not very intelligent. They do basic processes such as get to cover every now and then, and of course they shoot back at you. There are rarely ever any flanking orders, but sometimes you will hear them shouting back and forth commands to each other that sadly do not actually happen. The story-line is decent but not overly amazing. It will keep you engaged if you are expecting the equivalent of a blockbuster movie, but don't expect anything worth mentioning years from now.

The major flaws of the game are mainly that it's too generic. There is nothing very revolutionary about the game whatsoever other than its visual quality. Many praise this game for being very difficult but all I see is waves upon waves of enemies which will eventually lead to a death or too until you get the hang of the game. Overall this "adjustment" to difficulty is just poor work on the developers part, but it is one way to get more for less so to speak.

Multiplayer is fun but again there isn't much to keep you hooked past maybe a weeks worth of playing unless you only buy a new game once every few months. My final verdict puts this game at something a KillZone fan should buy but not at the sixty dollar price tag. Wait till it goes on sale then grab it. Or rent it from Redbox or something.
  85. Jan 28, 2014
    The graphics in this game are crazy good. Leaves on bushes move individually, sunlight creates a slight glare on your scope at the right angle, and dust clouds your vision as grenades and bullets hit the walls around you. The campaign is a little slow to start with some of the levels being rather too long, but the multiplayer is amazing. The maps, classes, and abilities create an FPS thatThe graphics in this game are crazy good. Leaves on bushes move individually, sunlight creates a slight glare on your scope at the right angle, and dust clouds your vision as grenades and bullets hit the walls around you. The campaign is a little slow to start with some of the levels being rather too long, but the multiplayer is amazing. The maps, classes, and abilities create an FPS that requires strategy and not just run and gun techniques to win a match. Unfortunately there are some balance issues that need to be sorted out. Expand
  86. Feb 2, 2014
    Killzone Shadow Fall is a fascinating game with a lot of good ideas but it falls short on a few points. First the graphics, Killzone Shadow Fall looks incredible, easily the most the beautiful game I've played, from sprawling, bright vistas to dingy, dark and narrow corridors this game never fails to amaze. The story is very deep with plenty of lore but fails to fully engage due to weakKillzone Shadow Fall is a fascinating game with a lot of good ideas but it falls short on a few points. First the graphics, Killzone Shadow Fall looks incredible, easily the most the beautiful game I've played, from sprawling, bright vistas to dingy, dark and narrow corridors this game never fails to amaze. The story is very deep with plenty of lore but fails to fully engage due to weak and somewhat predictable plot points and an uninspired protagonist in Lucas Kellan. The gameplay is stronger than most other linear FPS games such as the COD franchise due to some unique new features such as the owl which is a cool little flying robot which you can use in either in offensive or defensive ways during combat. Deciding what you would like the Owl to do is done using the dualshock 4's touchpad. You also have the ability to scan an area before entering to locate the position of enemies which allows you to set up how you want to enter a situation wether it be stealthily or guns blazing both are enjoyable and satisfying. The voice acting is passable but doesn't impress and unfortunately the lip syncing is poor which distracts from the game's beauty at times. Towards the end of the game the gameplay starts to feel like a grind and the story was the only thing that kept me going.

The multiplayer is a very enjoyable experience with tight and intense gameplay and uses a game mode that is unique to the Killzone series called warzones which combines multiple game modes into one match and also allows you to create your own games which lets you tailor the game modes to what you feel like playing at the time.

Overall Killzone Shadow Fall is a good game but not great. At times it feels like a tech demo, showing off what the PS4 can do and it succeeds at this. Killzone Shadow Fall's single player campaign is enjoyable enough but the multiplayer presents the lasting value. Killzone Shadow Fall shows off the potential of the PS4 and is a fine way to kick off the next generation of gaming.
  87. Feb 5, 2014
    A great launch title for the PS4. The action can definitely be intense. If you're not into COD or BF then this is the game for you if you are looking for an FPS. My review only covers the single player campaign. I never delved into multiplayer.

There isn't really any sort of customization in this game. You get your main gun, can pick up enemy guns, grab a couple different grenades, but that's really it. Some cool gadgets such as your OWL and scanner do give some semblance of tactics to this game.

My only real complaint is that the story and character development isn't overly strong. It had potential but seemed to be lacking effort.

That being said, the superb action makes up for it and helps keep the overall score up for this game.
  88. Feb 11, 2014
    The graphics in this game are it's best feature and even them are not mind blowing. The controls are frustratingly slow and sluggish, the enemies appear from behind all the time, and just after a few shots your dead, but it takes them 5-6 in the face to do so. the game is so linear and leaves you in the lurch and your left wondering what to do and where to go, The ai is extremely poor andThe graphics in this game are it's best feature and even them are not mind blowing. The controls are frustratingly slow and sluggish, the enemies appear from behind all the time, and just after a few shots your dead, but it takes them 5-6 in the face to do so. the game is so linear and leaves you in the lurch and your left wondering what to do and where to go, The ai is extremely poor and inefficient, they sometimes just stand there and do nothing, the friendly ai is even worse they just shout out your macho cliches like "cover me i'm reloading" and so on, and don't directly help you out. Based on the fact you die easily, the controls and game play mechanics are far too slow paced like let's say reloading, melee attacks, your owl attack modes and many more, because of all them aspects being so slow, and your dying so fast, they don't result in a smooth fun game. The story is another typical yawn fest like most killzones that have come before it, the characters are featureless and lack a heart, I honestly have had even more fun on bleeding knack, plus pong, yeah pong too. Expand
  89. Mar 11, 2014
    Though graphically strong, the game has little substance beyond the first two missions. A solid shooter, but youve seen all it does after the first 30 minutes. The story is somewhat interesting, but wasted behind bland characters and uninteresting dialogue.
    The multiplayer would be a redeeming factor if it did anything that wasnt mediocre. Slow paced with a lacking community, there is little fun to be had and it feels like a missed opportunity.
    This is definitely a game to buy from the bargain bin.
  90. Mar 12, 2014
    Rushed launch title, beautiful graphics though but the gameplay is lacking for the most part.. I enjoyed very much Killzone 2 and 3, this game isn't even the same calibre as those game... I just thought the game was boring and uninspired.
  91. Mar 12, 2014
    *This is a review for the single-player only* This game does it's job, it shows off what the Playstation 4 is capable of with it's fancy visuals and great lighting effects. However, there isn't really anything here you haven't experienced yet. The story is what you'd expect from a run of the mill military shooter. Shooting, set pieces, shooting, set pieces, and so on. It's not a great*This is a review for the single-player only* This game does it's job, it shows off what the Playstation 4 is capable of with it's fancy visuals and great lighting effects. However, there isn't really anything here you haven't experienced yet. The story is what you'd expect from a run of the mill military shooter. Shooting, set pieces, shooting, set pieces, and so on. It's not a great story, I actually found it a chore to continue on with the campaign though. The only reason I finished it is because I had nothing better to play for my Playstation 4. I imagine the multiplayer could be quite fun though. Expand
  92. Mar 15, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Honestly. I cannot give this game more than a six. I am very sorry fanboys, But this is just not up to par. AI Stands around like a confused duck unless you walk up to them, When suddenly they turn their Aimbot on, Its like playing CallOfDuty with an pissed off 8 year old using hacks. The guns are hard to use, As literally, You aim down the scope, **** about a bit then look around for enemies, When you realise you've backtracked to the start of the level, The OWL is ****ing retarded, I'll aim at something for it to hack and it'll go and shoot it. Weapons are impossible to find ammo for, "Oh, Nevermind, I'll sacrifice my OP Pistol" walk around the level for a minute, "Ooh, An ammo box. Goody goody. I just lost a pistol which I wont get back. Ever.". That will be a normal situation for these Killzone fanboys, This game is just, Bad; I never understood what the story was going with, The graphics were great but I'm fairly certain that was the only thing that kept me playing, Until the end. Where my father shot me. Hm. Nice story there.
    Gentleman.
  93. Mar 15, 2014
    Killzone: Shadow Fall tries to start the franchise fresh on the PlayStation 4 with new characters, a new setting, and a new art design. Shadow Fall's story has a very interesting set up, Helghan has been destroyed so now the Helghast now live on Vekta and the only thing that separates the races is a giant defense wall. After the set up the story fails to take off and turns out to be aKillzone: Shadow Fall tries to start the franchise fresh on the PlayStation 4 with new characters, a new setting, and a new art design. Shadow Fall's story has a very interesting set up, Helghan has been destroyed so now the Helghast now live on Vekta and the only thing that separates the races is a giant defense wall. After the set up the story fails to take off and turns out to be a bland tale about deception and war. The game play is slightly changed, mainly the controls, as they are simplified to be more fast-paced for shooting. The environments are more open and are very similar to Crysis, where you are free to dispatch your enemies in your own way. The multiplayer is very simple but that is what makes it so good. It feels different from other first-person shooters where you are constantly leveling up and being rewarded. In Shadow Fall you start with all weapons and abilities, and are free you use whatever you like. The graphics are definitely the best looking of the launch titles for the PS4. Unlike other Killzones, Shadow Fall is bright and colorful instead of the dark and gloomy settings of the past Killzones. Killzone: Shadow does some new and different things that are great, but it also still has some short comings that the series is know for. Expand
  94. Mar 20, 2014
    I enjoyed this game a lot, nice graphics and fluent gameplay. Unfortunately the multiplayer was not that great and there a not too many players.
    On the other hand the game is nothing special, just another shooter so i give it a 7.
  95. Mar 25, 2014
    Crap story its predictable go here do this oh wait we can't for some reason please retrace your steps no that's stupid! Only decent thing is the multiplayer but its far from a bf4 more like cod with lasers ill be trading mine in today.
  96. Mar 27, 2014
    This game isnt a so much badassed game, but it have good graphics and a good gameplay, but the problem is the story and that it isnt a badassed game, but is fun.
  97. Apr 4, 2014
    Ett helt okej spel, dock måste det på pekas att det är långt mellan spar-punkterna i spelet och spelet visar inte direkt vart du skall gå.

Personligen skulle jag kalla Killzone för Tech-demo för PS4 an, för spelet är visuellt riktigt snyggt.
  98. Apr 23, 2014
    Warning. Do NOT determine your purchase on one mans opinion, preferals and reviews. This review contains somewhat harsh feedback but i enjoy this game to an extend and would not regret my 60 euro purchase if i didn't get it as a birthday present.

Killzone Shadow fall is a good game, but as a big Killzone fan it pains me to admit this game is overall the least impressive game in the franchise. The talented FPS developer Guerrilla finally went to the right direction with the story but failed to deliver what it was supposed to become and brought us an underdeveloped story with even less likeable characters than in the previous games with sometimes silly voice acting. Whats worse is the flawed game design, a.i, confusing empty open levels, broken stealth elements during the campaign.

The Multiplayer design is great and you can see developers like Eric Boltjes did their best to listen to fan feedback ad much as possible by making it more teambased than killzone 3. Sadly, the overall dramaticly changed art design and set pieces, which always made the franchise distinct from the typical generic shooters just made it lose its identity and soul.

Contrary to previous killzones, Shadow fall has a more arcady feel, uninspiring looking weapons, gun sounds and sounds of explosions that sound more like arcade machines, rather than feeling like you're on an actual futuristic warfield. Overall, this is a decent, yet the in my opinion best MP shooter that launched up until Titanfall but this is a terrible changd for Killzone fans. For me, Killzone Shadow Fall is an ok, pretty fun Multiplayer shooter with the name Killzone attached to it and the overall change of pace, set pieces and art direction made it lose its Soul.

I really want to see another Killzone game but an actual sequel to Killzone 2 and 3. More colours are fine but please Guerrilla keep the same set pieces and pacing and overall art design and weight the fanbase expected from a Killzone game instead of focussing on a on existent fanbase.

Pros
    Beautiful visuals
    Very Solid, fun, team oriented multiplayer!

Cons
    Very Disappointing and frustrating second half of the campaign
    Underdeveloped Story and Characters
    Uninspiring weapons
    No epic gun sounds and sounds from explosions
    Lacking the epic set pieces and living environment that was present in the Multiplayer in Killzone 3. (My biggest issue)

Killzone Shadow Fall has a lot of design flaws and changes that are less appealing to many, but fortunately for the team oriented MP fanatics, the Multiplayer is impressive to say at least and a lot of fun once you addapt.

Based on my experience i give Killzone Shadow Fall a 7.5/10.
  99. Jun 2, 2014
    Finished this game last night and really enjoyed it. The shooting mechanics are solid and each weapon has a distinct feel. I also thought the OWL was a cool addition (and a MUST HAVE) in difficult firefights. As far as the graphics go- they are beautiful, easily the best I've seen on PS4. The city views are stunning and really help you to feel immersed. The story was OK, nothing new orFinished this game last night and really enjoyed it. The shooting mechanics are solid and each weapon has a distinct feel. I also thought the OWL was a cool addition (and a MUST HAVE) in difficult firefights. As far as the graphics go- they are beautiful, easily the best I've seen on PS4. The city views are stunning and really help you to feel immersed. The story was OK, nothing new or especially engaging but the ending was memorable. Hint- don't turn off the game when the credits come on! The only other thing I wish the game had was more side missions. Sure you can collect comic pages, newspapers and audiologs but I never really felt the need to look around or explore. Overall a fun experience and worth a playthrough but not a game I'd buy and invest a 2nd run-through in. Expand
  100. Jun 3, 2014
    A poor contribution to the franchise, this game is a real dissapontment when it comes to talk about a ps4 launch game, not as bad as Knack, but stlll a mediocre game, very weak IA, this is not a good game at all.
    No improvements over the previous releases, this is what the ps4 have to offer? really? this must be a joke, someone please show me a good ps4 game before i decide never buy that system

1. Feb 13, 2014
    A very good and varied multiplayer FPS. Some things, like the big attack/defend scenarios, were better on Killzone 3. [Jan 2014]
  2. Jan 22, 2014
    In attempting to juggle so many balls at once, it simply loses control and bats them all over the place in a crazed, lurching frenzy as it tries to stop the whole thing from falling apart.
  3. Jan 15, 2014
    Whatever the reason was for making Shadow Fall in the first place, the result is a mixture of bland, annoying and weird.