• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Nov 15, 2013
6.9

1. Nov 15, 2013
    I just got this game, been playing it for hours.

- Gameplay: Its Solid! the gun play is spot on very realistic in a way. Doesn't have that fast paced exaggeration from COD or BF4. Weapons feel heavy and the animation if fluid.
    - Graphics: Killzone shadow fall: Its probably the best looking FPS game right now. High res sharp texture, beautiful scenery and one best particles i have seen
    in a game.
    - Multi player, 24 players 60 fps, it has dedicated servers and its a blast to play, Maps are well designed not to big and not to small. And the custom Warzone multi player maps is pretty awesome.
    Single player: is around 10 hours, Story is decent but nothing spectacular good voice acting and facial animation, characters don't fell dull as in previews Killzone games.

Buy it!
  2. Nov 15, 2013
    A worthy launch title for the Playstation 4, if this is the start of next gen then things can ONLY get better. I need not tell you how stunning this game is, but instead the gameplay feels fresh, the story is a thrilling new take on war, using a cold war setting rather then throwing you head first into a hot war.

Sure it has it's cliche action movie set pieces that you know like the
    back of your hand, but what do you expect. This is Killzone, this isn't here to win an academy award. It's here to give you a mindless thrill ride and it does it effortlessly.

I felt fully immersed in this world, only taken out of it by some small and rare slip ups from the AI system. But that is my only negative here today.

Multiplayer is back with a vengeance and will keep you coming back for hours on end, I need not tell you more.

Just a perfect launch title, a franchise we know and love but with the perfect twist to usher in the new generation.

Game on.
  3. Nov 15, 2013
    Why is this game the best game possible for the PS4 launch I'll tell you why.

First of all, it is gorgeous. Not only the technical part of the graphics, but also the artistic direction. Everything is just beautiful, and I caught myself quite a lot of time just looking at the view.

Then, I really appreciate the fact that Guerrilla didn't want to make the same Killzone as the 3 first
    before Shadow Fall. The campaign is longer, and better. Some might complain about the fact that it has lass action and more exploration, but in my opinion, it was a very good choice. No more running towards any Hellgast you'll see. Well, you can still do it, but you can also be more sneaky, and it's just great.
    The OWL is another interesting add to the game, but I feel like it may be a little bit too effective sometimes.

The OST of the game is just amazing. Each side of the Wall (You'll figure out what this is by playing the game) has its own atmosphere, and it's just eargasmic.

The storyline is better than the previous Killzone games, but still far from perfect: it has a few action movie cliché, but it's still very nice: the war is more subtle, no more "nobrain" charges and no more bad guys and good guys. Yes, the Helgast are a threat, but the Vektans are far from being "clean" in this war. It's not as manichean as it was before, and this is also a very good thing. The campaign is 9-12 hours long, and it's quite a ride, for sure.

The multiplayer is also very fun, and you can make your own rules, on the maps you've chosen, and trust me, if you're into MP, you'll spend dozens of hours playing.

In a nutshell, this game is good. And by good I mean VERY good. It's gorgeous, fun to play, much longer than the others FPS launch titles (*cough*CoD BF4*cough*), the storyline is well written, the OST is very good as well, etc...

The first Killzone game is still my favourite, but Killzone Shadow Fall is the best from the series.
    Well done Guerrilla.
  4. Nov 15, 2013
    Very old school single-player no signposting, so shouting, open ended.
    Multiplayer is AWESOME- so much choice, and every combination has a different flavour.
  5. Nov 15, 2013
    I have played so many FPS games but this was the one that caught me for a solid amount of time making itself as the perfect start the ps4 needed. The graphics were by far the best in any game it has a sense of vividity and freedom in its limited range of combat. the biggest and really good addition in the gameplay was Avle or something that can save you, attack your enemies and hack systems the story takes place a few decades after Killzone 3 and thinks start of shaky for the Vektans and then story gets interesting but by the end you might feel lack of focus on the plot. The multiplayer is something you can put 250 hours or so and keeps you going it is fun and engaging an hits your sweet spot and keeps you playing all i can say this will impress you. START YOUR NEW GEN WITH THIS GAME Expand
  6. Nov 15, 2013
    Killzone Shadowfall is not perfect, but I gave it a 10 to try to offset the "reviews" by people who obviously haven't played it and are just trying to bring the average down. In reality, it's more of an 8-9 depending how much weight you put on Multiplayer vs Singleplayer.

Visually, this is easily one of the most impressive looking launch games and the framerate is buttery smooth.
    Audio is also very nice and a noticeable improvement over PS3 KZ titles.

Singleplayer is hit and miss and if I were to judge based on single player alone, I would give it a 7.5-8/10. You could sense the vision Guerrilla wanted to take it, but they just seemed to lack the time to really refine the story and level design. It is still a very decent single player campaign though, and it clocks in a decent length of ~10-11hrs.

With that said, it's the multiplayer where this game really shines. Silky smooth 60fps (for the most part) amazing visuals, completely customizable games and solid gameplay and controls.

Overall, I'd say that this is a pretty solid launch title. It showcases the PS4's power nicely and it is a solid game overall.
  7. Nov 15, 2013
    A must buy!there's nothing wrong with this game it's flawless!Helghast all the wa....the mp is so addicting!and fun,don't believe the negativity received towards this game they're all lies I tell you!
  8. Nov 15, 2013
    Great launch game fun and entertaining with stunning visuals. The multi-player is also very good and I've been able to play it for a few hours now without getting bored.
  9. Nov 15, 2013
    Killzone Shadow Fall is THE launch title for PS4. I've been playing it for hours and its just amazing. The weapons feel right, the movement is realistic and it has the best graphics of any FPS I've ever seen. MUST BUY!
  10. Nov 15, 2013
    Killzone: Shadow Fall is absolutely stunning. With truly next gen visuals, it's a pleasure to just soak in the surroundings. It also has a quality about its gameplay to match its beauty. With a refreshing take on the fps genre, and a thrilling story, Killzone is going in the right direction. Of course the multiplayer needs mentioning as that is where killzone truly shines. With a competitiveness that is hard to rival, killzone: shadows fall's multiplayer will leave few wanting. Expand
  11. Dec 18, 2013
    This game has some really cool mechanics but the story is pretty much garbage and the campaign gets really boring fast. I found myself just wishing the mission would end. That's not a good thing. But I was really impressed with the multiplayer. It turned out to be actually be really fun!
  12. Nov 15, 2013
    A couple of well how to say it fanboys here seem to be here to downgrade killzone's score for some reason so i made and account just to rate it so it will go up some more cause this game deserves to be a 9
  13. Nov 15, 2013
    7.5 is my "honest" score. It's a decent, albeit run-of-the-mill and somewhat forgettable, FPS. Single player is fun, but short; MP is well-done. Graphics are excellent, about on par with a PC playing Crysis 3 on high settings at 1080p. There's just something missing to make this game great, or even very good it's almost too generic and tries to fit the mold of a sci-fi shooter without much originality. I guess this is what's to be expected from a launch game. In the paltry selection of PS4 launch titles, it's probably one of your top three choices if you're getting a console on launch day. Expand
  14. Nov 15, 2013
    Killzone shadow fall is the best killzone yet. They have improved the graphics by a lot. It lacked with different things that you can do on multiplayer. I don't like on how there is no Xperia, but you rank up by doing challenges. It is a creative idea. Also all the dlc will be free and you unlock all the weapons at the start. It keeps you from turning the ps4 off. Great intense, action packed gameplay makes killzone shadow fall one hell of a game. Expand
  15. Nov 15, 2013
    This game isnt a 10, I gave it this score to offset the idiots who score it a 0. Single Player is honestly average. Guerilla Games arent very good at telling a story, Where this really scores is in the graphics department and MP. Game looks stunning and MP is tight and very customizable. If you are a killzone fan, buy this. If you are new to killzone, get this if you want a solid MP experience.
  16. Nov 15, 2013
    This game is such a fun game and runs very smoothly. I must also add that the game sounds and looks beautiful. They did an amazing job with the sound of each gun firing. Warzone is one of the best multiplayer game types, switching from different game modes and team objects and the perks for different classes are really fun and can add depth to the game to see which works best for you and for your gun type. For example....I enjoy sniping and if I get hit and don't see exactly were the shot is coming from and I'm about to die, I can transport to different location to take me out of harms way. And the multiplayer is only going to get better since the the community can customize their own game modes to choose from. Definitely recommend Expand
  17. Nov 15, 2013
    Its and amazing launch title for the playstation 4, simply beautiful and smooth and a great game if you are bored of the normal fps out there now a days.
  18. Nov 15, 2013
    Once again Killzone delivers on a title that gets generally dismissed by the major gaming outlets. It's a convenient scapegoat for what is supposedly wrong with first person shooters, yet once again, Killzone delivers on its promises. The focus has always been on Killzone's multiplayer, and it's one of those few games where gun weight actually matters. Not to mention it's a hard game. This is not a title for the COD generation, and perhaps therein lies the problem. Perhaps that is why people like Sessler and Gies are unable to understand this game. It's too difficult for them. Expand
  19. Nov 15, 2013
    Love it no hand holding proper shooter looks amazing and feels spot control wise.
    The multiplayer is better than ghosts im really enjoying this way more than i expected best in the series.
  20. Nov 15, 2013
    As an exclusive for PS4 launch, Killzone shadowfall does a good job to be a showcase and it does offers a good multiplayer but overall it is not what we expected from killzone series.
    Single player: runs through 10 hours depending on the difficulty level and amount of time you would spend exploring the levels. level design is similar to Mercenary version, the robot that following us adds
    to the gameplay mechanisim which is good, sometimes the game takes too long untill reaching where the action starts, this is where you will feel like you are not playing a killzone game if you have played 2 and 3. stealth parts of not good, there are areas where the game turns to a platformer and it does not manage to be very well either. aside of all the setting of each level is incridebily beautiful, varied and amazignly detailed. shooting mechanism are fun but the controlls are even smoother now compare to older killzones.
    graphics: this is where killzone shines, you have to see to believe it. i have been playing games on maximum settings on pc and this game is truley a next gen graphics. reminder that this is only the beggining.
    multi: so far i spent 2 hours in advanced for the multi and its hell of a fun, so much better than the single player and this is where the game basically shines in it, without this level of quality in the multiplayer matches i would have given this game not more than a 7.
    recommend: there are COD ghost, Bt4, killzone available to buy. for you to decide easier i would recommend picking up killzone if you looking for a really amazing graphics. dont expect too much from the single player but the multi is really fun, now if you enjoy the multiplayer that cod offers then dunt gof or this game.
  21. Nov 16, 2013
    AMAZING GAME! Superb level design with lots of platforming elements... also you play the game how you want to play it as the single player is non-linear.

MP is the best thing about the game and it is probably the 2nd best multiplayer out there (second to BF4 on PS4)
  22. Nov 15, 2013
    Wow. This game looks so amazing it should be called next-next gen :)
    It's a solid first person shooter, and the only one with amazing animations for the weapons. Everything feels like it actually has mass in this game.
    I don't particularly care about the storyline, but it's okay enough and basically it's all about shooting stealthing the way you want to shoot/stealth. It's a must have
    for early PS4 users Expand
  23. Nov 15, 2013
    This game proved to me that there is in fact a noticeable difference b/w native 1080p and upscaled 1080p. The graphics are just that clean. It's not fair to compare this to BF4 or Ghost because it's a bit more involved as far as objectives are concerned. It took a bit ton actually get a hold of a gun. The graphics overall aren't perfect, but it shows the extremely high potential for the PS4 and this is day 1. Expand
  24. Nov 15, 2013
    Important to remember that for both Sony and Microsoft exclusives at launch you will have petty, pathetic fanboys from the other side posting 0s. So for both sets of games, imagine the user score to be about .5 higher than it is as shown.
  25. Nov 23, 2013
    Unfortunately I have to give this game a "Meh" rating due to the total let-down and... I hate to say... it's not as good as the previous KillZone games. I went in expecting it to be A LOT better than KillZone 2 & 3 and this game did not deliver. For one i was disappointed at the fact that the levels were pretty dull compared to the beautiful levels in the previous games. I feel like the developer rushed this game due to it's timeline for release, and it shows in quality. I must say that Xbox one so far is impressing me a whole lot more with Ryse. Let's hope later down the line better games come out for my PS4 Expand
  26. Nov 15, 2013
    I honestly found the game to be mediocre at best. The Graphics are quite incredible, some of the best I've ever seen, but the way the game plays just feels so... average. The gameplay is what counts in the long run and I feel like this game comes in short in this aspect. It's fun for the first hour and a bit, but after a while running around blasting and knifing gets seriously repetitive. The game also lacks a certain precision, making multiplayer feel like whoever gets the jump, gets the kill. Play this one at a friends house, but you should wait to see what other developers like naughty dog have up their sleeve. Expand
  27. Nov 16, 2013
    Killzone sf is a good launch title shooter with nice graphics and gameplay. It's fun to play, especially with various war zones. Guns are very good looking and so are maps. It's 9 out of 10, because of story line.
  28. Dec 15, 2013
    Killzone Shadow Fall deserves less, Guerrilla keeps destroying the original storyline of Killzone by keeping Helghan the bad guys and ISA always the good guys...

so,not buy this game is terrible.
  29. Nov 16, 2013
    Great game even if it's a launch title, most of these negative reviews are fanboys spamming or paid advertising from Xbox. If you like shooters especially games like Metro Last Light then this game is for you.
  30. Nov 16, 2013
    This game does what a launch title should do: Show off its graphics and technology, show off the way a next generation game controls, give us next generation multiplayer and deliver a new experience. It fall short in certain scripted sequences that lead to lots of cheap deaths, but in the end its an amazing experience. The story is fun, the game play well executed,graphics gorgeous and multiplayer awesome. This is an excellent game to be for your first PS4 game. Buy it!!! Expand
  31. Nov 16, 2013
    This is a must buy game which is loads of fun both the single player which is challenging and online which,the guns feel great and this is a worthy tittle for the ps4 launch.
  32. Nov 25, 2013
    By far and away the worst killzone since KZ1. Boring story, boring gameplay, boring environments. Probably the coolest feature of this game is when you are being shot at the controller light changes color from green to yellow to red when you die. The multiplayer feels worse then KZ3, doesn't seem like theres any new game modes. I'm giving this a 4 because the graphics are actually incredibly good. That's all this game is though unfortunately a really shiny bad shooter. Call of Duty ghosts sucks, but KZ SF is even worse. Expand
  33. Nov 18, 2013
    While it plays it a little safe with gameplay innovation in the campaign, the visual fidelity and multiplayer (which feels like a mix of COD and TF) make for a fantastic glimpse into what true next gen games will be.
  34. Nov 16, 2013
    This isn't the "same old Killzone" despite what some reviews might lead you to believe. Unlike the previous game's corridor-like structure, Shadow Fall is much more open levels will often have multiple missions don't need to be completed in order, giving the world a more sprawling feel. Another new addition is OWL, an automated drone assistant that reacts to your commands helping with both combat and traversal.

As a PS4 launch title, you can expect the graphics to be impressive, and they are. As a PC gamer, I can tell you taht the game looks pretty amazing on par or beyond anything on PC at the moment. Little touches like the dust floating in a darkened room catching the light from muzzle bursts, and the intricate detail put in to textures like the floor and tree bark really help the game shine. The overall atmosphere is phenomenal an abandoned space station level, for example, complete with zero-g sections, felt like it could have been pulled from Dead Space.

It's main, fault, in my opinion, is the plot, which makes little sense and is more of a means to an end that end being a diverse array of locales to sneak and/or blast your way through. As a launch title, this is the most "Next Gen" of the bunch. If you're a fan of well crafted FPS gameplay that tries a few new things, striking visuals and interesting level design, Shadow Fall should satisfy and give you a taste of what your new console is capable of.
  35. Nov 25, 2013
    Shadow Fall is a beautiful game, but its story is bad. There isn't an Helghast Campaign, play again like an ISA operative is very boring. The scenarios are uninspired, the IA is bad, some flying moments are very nasty.

The Multiplayer is very generic and bland, because there are only 24 players in little scenarios, not vehicles, not jet-packs, not Exos.
  36. Nov 16, 2013
    This game is so, so much better than it was reviewed. First of all, the campaign is something slightly new. It's not the typical COD formula, and it's actually rather interesting and open-ended. Secondly, and most importantly, the multiplayer is absolutely fantastic. This is the best launch game. It's better than Ghosts, and it's better than BF4. I don't think the reviewers played multiplayer, and I'm beginning to wonder if they played the same game as me at all. It's also the best looking launch title, which is always a plus on a new system. Expand
  37. Nov 15, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. SIngle player is ok hate the kid part in the beginning. Multiplayer is awsome! Way better than COD..
    I think this is a great luanch title. chows off ps4's power and also delivers in great gameplay.
  38. Nov 16, 2013
    The visuals in this game are spectacular. Often throughout the campaign I found myself just gazing at the overwhelming detail. This is my first killzone game and I will say it is a breath of fresh air from other fps franchises. The guns feel substantial in your hands, and require a focus to aim lost in twitch shooters. I see this game being my go to fps until destiny comes out.
  39. Nov 16, 2013
    This is the best Killzone so far, even better than Killzone 2. The MP great from the start. They give you all the weapons right from the start. There are several game modes that are combined into one match in classic Killzone style. There is NO aim assist, which is a huge bonus in my opinion. If you see someone complain about the controls, this is likely the reason. The 3 classes are balanced surprisingly well, and there is not a bad ability in the bunch. Guns feel and look way cooler than COD and Battlefield. Pistols aren't complete garbage. There's a ton of challenges and unlockables. Maps have plenty of routes and bases are very difficult to camp. Of all the launch games this one runs the best (search around if you don't believe me), and looks better than most games do on my $1,200 PC. I am still in shock at how good this game turned out. Any shooter fan needs to give it a try. Expand
  40. Dec 7, 2013
    This game can offer hopelessly nothing. Boring, standard, featureless and idea-free game play that what it is about.
    It is PS4 exclusive from Sony to demonstrate HD textures, that's it.
  41. Nov 16, 2013
    Killzone S.F. is a fantastic game I hated Killzone 1 loved Killzone 2 thought 3 was good but not as good as 2.
    K2 was my favourite mp game too. Right so as you can see, i'm a fan of Killzone but not to the extent that I would lie to promote a game. K: S.F. is beautiful i'm amazed by how gorgeous it looks, anyone who says otherwise is lying full stop The gameplay is pure
    Killzone but a little faster lighter. It also gives you a lot more freedom of choice the corridor gameplay of old has not been eradicated but there are more open environments to explore and traverse using various tactics. The OWL is genius it changes the experience completely for me in a positive way. Killzone is not perfect the A.I. misfires from time to time and the m.p. could do with a twist a game changing update maybe but it is still awesome. An improvement in those areas would give it a 10. I still prefer it over cod (cod4 amazing.. downhill from there). People scoring this game from 0 5 are talking rubbish lying in fact and something should be done to remove their score as it is for obvious motives. How can someone review a game they haven't played Metacritic?? Buy this game it is a beautiful..exciting showcase of what your PS4 is capable of. Expand
  42. Nov 17, 2013
    While I love this game, I am not going to just give it a 10 because there are some problems. That being said, I think the new direction is great. Really it's probably more of an 8.5, but I gave it a 9 to round up.

Single Player: The gameplay is a little disjointed, but when the action is happening its a blast. Some of the earlier levels just start out slow. The style of play is
    drastically different than games like COD or even the old KZ games so when you approach this game do so with an open mind. I think a lot of reviewer did not find what they expected and so the game got lower scores. This game is not an all out war, but instead you are usually fighting through small bands of enemies and then you may have some downtime before you encounter the next group. The thing is, the enemy waves are hard and you have to use some strategy to really be successful. One thing that holds it back though is the fact that you can use the OWL to revive. Yes there is a limit on how many times you can do this, but because of the adrenaline rush that you get that slows down the battle, you can usually use the adrenaline, pass the part you had trouble with, and move on to find more adrenaline packs. The difficulty is high though so it doesn't take away too much, but I feel it is a little too forgiving.

The single player has great quality and varied environments and gameplay. Probably the best way to describe it is like a really good independent movie. Parts really shine, and outshine the Hollywood films by a great measure, but some things should have been cut and some things should have been approached a little differently. Ultimately at the heart there is a great game, but it takes a little patience at parts.

Multiplayer is great, I'm not going to write more about it but just to say its really fun, but probably will not keep you interested as long as a game like BF4.
  43. Nov 16, 2013
    I bought 5 games with my PS4, but I haven't been able to stop playing Killzone yet! The game is addictively awesome.

The game does not do much to reinvent the genre, and some of the things they try in the single player campaign are hit or miss. But overall, the single player campaign is much better than in shooters like COD or Battlefield. The pacing of the last three levels seemed to
    drag on a little... but they may be because I hopped into the online multiplayer and mostly just wanted to get back to it. It was in these later levels that the developers deviated from the core gameplay concepts a bit as well. While this worked well in most areas, one level in particular felt like more of a chore because of it.

The core multiplayer has not changed much at all from Killzone 2 and 3 in terms of game modes. However the excellent map designs and faster gameplay make this the funnest go around yet! Warzones are just as addictive as ever and the customization choices provide plenty of variety from the very beginning. The challenge system provides another level of addictiveness to the metagame as you progress for challenge completion in addition to the mission objectives.

In a time when COD and Battlefield still manage to rate 9.0+ simply on the strength of their online modes, Killzone: Shadow Fall easily ranks up there at the top. The single player is not perfect, but it is better than most... and looks absolutely gorgeous. The multiplayer looks just as good and feels even better. Anyone that owns a PS4 should be playing this game.
  44. Nov 16, 2013
    The best Killzone yet.

-fun and diversive gameplay
    -wonderfull graphics and physics
    -long campaign
    -multiplayer is fun to play
    -many "innovations" in gameplay
  45. Nov 17, 2013
    It's very good game, great lunch title. Step up for Guerilla games. Graphics so cool, gameplay not bad, script also very interesting. Multiplayer awesome, but this is no level BF4
  46. CNS
    Nov 15, 2013
    Overall i have enjoyed my time with the game and i feel like it's graphics and gameplay set the bar for what to expect in the u pocking games in this new generation
  47. Nov 15, 2013
    A very well rounded game, brilliant gameplay, visuals, just everything is absolutely stunning. I'm very pleased with Guerilla's performance creating such a glorious masterpiece. Worth absolutely every dollar.
  48. Nov 16, 2013
    It's simply the best Killzone game so far. Awesome "blockbuster" campaign! Yes, it's a blockbuster with awesome action sequences, not an adventure game with deep story.

The Multiplayer is the best part of this game and it's gorgeous. Nothing more to say.

Trust your feelings and don't let the reviews guide your judgment
  49. Nov 16, 2013
    This game is amazing.

First of all, it is amazingly beautiful. 1080p always make a difference, whatever some might say.The volumetric lights, the shadows, the textures, the particle effects, the explosions, everything is very impressive for a console launch game, not to say gorgeous. Keep in mind that the developpers worked on this game for only two years and a half, and most of the
    time on an uncomplete hardware.

The framerate is also very good, and I say that as a PC gamer. It never goes under 30fps, but can go way above that. And that can be a little problem if you prefer a stable framerate. Most of the time, it goes up and down between 30 and 45. But it doesn't affect the experience at all, trust me.

The main campaign story is also very good It's not as good as TLOU's story (for example), and by far, but it's still very enjoyable. And compared to the previous Killzone, needless to say it's way better. The characters are also well made (I just LOVE Echo), and their animations (body and face) are very well done. Kudos to Guerrilla for the graphics of this game, it's just amazing.

The musics are very good as well, each side of the wall has it's own musical ambiance. The gunshots also sound amazing, you can hear the echo in each room, and it's never the exact same sound, since the architecture of the room has an influence on it. A small detail, but still impressive.

Personnally, I didn't even rush the campaign, and I finished it on Normal difficulty in about 11 hours. Oh, and by the way, this game can be heard sometimes. Like VERY hard. Not going to spoil anything, but some levels may just make you rage. I personnally liked that, it gave a little old school feeling to the game.

So for the single player mode, it's a 9/10.

And now the multiplayer. First of all, the graphical difference between SP and MP is barely noticeable. Maybe a few particle effects removes, and the volumetric lights aren's as good, but it's still gorgeous. And the framerate is 40-60 fps. Still a bit unstable, but still very smooth.

The Warzone is just perfect, in my opinion. You can literally do whatever you want: choose the amount of players, the rules, the weapons available, etc... And there are TONS of obectives to complete. If I remember well, the exact number is 1500. Quite a lot, if you ask me.

And for the ones who are worrying about the heavy gameplay, it's gone. It's still not as fast as some other FPS, but it's better this way imo: it's just more realistic. You're no Flash Gordon, you actually feel like you have a weight, and a body.

I give the MP a 10/10, because I'm already having a blast playing it. And as for the PSN issues, I didn't get any, same thing for the players I played with or against. Lucky me, I guess.

So, this game is, by far, the best of the series. I liked KZ 2, but KZ SF just send it back to Kindergarten, playing with little rocks.
    I'm going to insist on this, but I'm a PC gamer, and I'm quite used to see beautiful games, but Killzone Shadow Fall is simply gorgeous. It's a very good thing, considering it's a lauch game. I just can't wait to see what the next games will look like, but this is very promising.
    The framerate is smooth, but suffers little drops sometimes, but nothing really bad.

In a nutshell, this game is awesome. Already a must have for every PS4 owner.

Oh, and by the way, don't mind the average score (7.7 when I wrote this review), because a ton of trolls just give it 0s because they can't stand the truth. Probably PC trolls, or Xbox trolls, I don't know, but they're all idiots, regardless of the platform they play on.

Straight 10/10, I really enjoyed myself on this game, and I'm going to enjoy myself even more in the days and weeks to come. Amazing game. Thanks Guerrilla
  50. Nov 16, 2013
    Completely different from all of the other killzone games. The color scheme is no longer dark and gritty. It's futuristic and colorful. The missions are no longer "shoot your way from point A to point B." They're somewhat "free-roam to which objective you want to attack first." No more one shot kill scrubby marksman sniper rifle. The online battles are close up and intense.

The
    "professional" idiot reviewers judged this game solely by the single player and paid no mind to the multiplayer. However, they said battlefield had a terrible campaign (like bf3), but BFs campaign held almost no weight in the score. Don't listen to those morons. They will say the same thing about two different games, but weigh those same criticisms differently. Expand
  51. Nov 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Guerilla nous prouve encore leur maîtrise des FPS en nous donnant un jeu qui a la fois brille par ses graphismes et son gameplay, doté d'un solo nerveux, prenant, immersif, doté d'une mise en scène a tomber par terre, d'animations qui ne font plus que frisé a perfection mais qui la surpasse. La bande-son est digne d'un film hollywoodien et est surtout très varié que l'on soit du côté ISA ou du côté Helghast la bande-son vous prendra de force dans ce monde, la mise en scène vous immobilisera, le gameplay vous fera tenir la manette et les graphismes feront que vos yeux seront diriger en permanence sur ce spectacle.

Killzone adopte un scenario plus mature et reflechis que la plupart des FPS annuel qui se contentent de vous dire "nous gentils, tuer mechants", bien loin de cet esprit cette fois il n'y a ni vrai gentil, ni vrai mechants, et le joueur sera ammener a reflechir sur ce conflit et sur l'histoire de cette guerre.

Le multi n'en demeure pas delaisser le moins du monde, tout aussi prenant, encore plus nerveux et jouissif avec des parties a 24 joueurs en 60 fps, ont retrouve le mode zone de guerre qui est franchement une tuerie, 10 cartes toujours aussi travaillés sont disponibles mais grosse surprise des cartes multi seront accessible gratuitement dans les prochains mois Preparez vous donc a passer des dizaines d'heures sur ce multi qui roxx du poney.

La conclusion c'est qu'on a bien a faire au meilleur Killzone developper par Guerilla, une pure tuerie.
  52. Nov 16, 2013
    I know I didn't buy this game, but I feel excited to get it! I've seen from the Youtube videos and admired the brilliant visuals, graphics, and epic storyline. At the end, when the player encounters Jorhan Stahl on a chair within his base, his appearance humorously resembles that of the God-Emperor of Mankind and his Golden Throne from Warhammer 40k. I just hope everyone can buy the game and enjoy it! It will be fun! Expand
  53. Nov 17, 2013
    I love this game! Nice next gen graphics solid fun multiplayer! Weight of the gun and speed of movement is nicely balanced.. Single player is ok but kinda starts off dull.. Still I like this game. Better than COD..
  54. Nov 27, 2013
    This game had the unfortunate billing of being Sony's flagship launch title for the PS4 and it just does not live up to that goal. If this game had been released with less fanfare, then I would have given it a better score. Still, this is a solid shooter that, unfortunately for Sony, falls on it's face in the one facet that a shooter needs to succeed nowadays in and that's the multiplayer. While the multiplayer is not inherently bad, it doesn't live up to the standard that has been set by CoD and Battlefield. Speaking as a Battlefield player, I personally felt like there was just too much of the same thing going on with pretty much everything in the game. Most of the weapons felt the same and the maps didn't feel very compelling to continue playing. The single-player takes the cake here as it's challenging and long, about 10 hours to complete. While the story isn't great, it's the best story I've seen in a single-player shooter in a long time. I really wanted this game to be the showcase game for the system. Instead it lived up to the Killzone name by presenting us a solid shooter that just doesn't quite live up to the hype that surrounded it. And with both Battlefield 4 and CoD being on the PS4, it's very hard to recommend this game over one of the two others, especially to a fan of either game. Expand
  55. Nov 16, 2013
    Greatness game! Extremely fun, gorgeous, and competitive. The multiplayer is by far the best in the series and the campaign is challenging without being frustrating. This will be the best launch exclusive this gen. The fact that xbone funded web critics are shooting low blows points to the worry that they've got nothing better for launch. Again Great game, Guerilla knows how to do it.
  56. Nov 15, 2013
    1. Killzone shadow fall is probably the best looking FPS game right now for ps4.
    2. A game that offers a very good solo and multiplayer. MUST BUY for every ps4 owner
  57. Nov 17, 2013
    Killzone Shadow fall is entitled to be the killer app for the ps4 launch, and the new generation of consoles; and i must say that the game passes the test quite easily. Far from the strict linearity we are used to on FPS (call of, battlefield and previous Killzone episodes amongst others), shadow fall enables the player to impose his own gaming rhythm, whether you want to play the "tank" or be the "infiltrator" type, you can evolve in this game as you wish. You can even miss so much elements if you rush too much because here every thing isn't emphasized with a cinematic (meaning scripts) in order to hide the lacks in a strong scenario with 2 or 3 explosions to build an illusion of a storyline and arouse feelings; in Shadow fall you will see (and hear) but only if you are willing too to so; i love spending time staying at listening to conversations between enemies before slaying them remaining unnoticed, or staring at the beauty of some landscape, the sounds and musics are so great that all these details bring a real immersion to the player. Everything is meant to be bigger than ever before (for the franchise) and does it very well. The only regrets would be the disappearance of the Coop and the Operations modes (for now but maybe with the free DLCs announced). But everything else has really been evolved to a higher new level. This is a turning point for Killzone and i'm glad i'm a part of this trip. Expand
  58. Nov 22, 2013
    Great game :
    - best visuals ever seen on a console fps game
    - Great story and narration
    - non linearity in the unwinding of the game
    - gameplay has much variety
    - great MP as for the previous KZ games
  59. Nov 24, 2013
    Positives:
    Graphics are beautiful
    Multiplayer is a joy ride and one of my favorites this year
    Gameplay is perfect to my means

Negatives:
    Story sucks
  60. Nov 16, 2013
    Having a blast and I haven't even played the singleplayer. The textures and models are very nicely done. Animations and effects are terrific. The online multiplayer is a blast with missions and a strong focus on teamwork.
  61. Nov 16, 2013
    the singleplayer is a huge improvement, the campaign is literally 10 hours long, features many innovative and brilliant level design, some part might not work out that well, but the whole singleplayer is just amazing, challenging AIs force you to use cover and strategy during combat, singleplayer alone I give it a 9/10
    multiplayer is fun, just like every other FPS, nothing bad, nothing
    too special, nice feauture for a great game
    overall the game isn't perfect, but It's a must buy for PS4 or shooter fans
    It's way better than how most major critics talk about it
    this is one of the best singleplayer shooter this year, not as good as Infinite or Last Light, but very close
  62. Nov 15, 2013
    Having an absolute blast with this game, it is visually stunning and it is very easy to become immersed in the world. Ive always been a fan of the series despite kz3 being a bit of a let down in my opinion, however it seems Guerrilla Games has turned a corner for the better with this current entry. I thoroughly enjoyed SP however there were 1 or 2 parts which strayed from the fps framework of the game and attempted to do some platforming.. which might have worked if it was interspersed with some more action. I found SP to be a fun challenge and I loved it when the game gave you the options of how YOU wanted to take down the enemy weather it be Long range with a rifle or stealthily with the knife or just go in guns blazing it is truly what gaming is about for me. The owl gadget is also an impressive and well executed feature of this game and with out him the game might have become a serious grind.

MP is well done with silky smooth 60 fps for the most part. I also love the feeling of the tide of battle changing as groups of soldiers trade fire on either sides of the battlefield, something that isn't seen in other modern day shooters as it only takes 1 or 2 bullets to die in most other games. This game has also brought me right back into sci-fi which is great (the real world can be a drag.)

Bottom line is if your getting a Ps4 this game is a must 9/10.
  63. Nov 15, 2013
    Can the immature and pathetic xbox fanboys piss off trolling you sad bunch of ****

The single player is ok but and fun and playable but isnt gripping.

The multiplayer is fantastic and warezones is alot of fun. Play different game modes every few minutes add veriaty.
  64. Nov 17, 2013
    Jogo dinâmico, inovado. Melhores gráficos da nova geração além de ser melhor que o call of dutty ghost, a Sony caprichou investiu muito neste titulo, por isso minha nota.
  65. Nov 25, 2013
    If you want a legit next generation FPS, than this is your game. The graphics are stunning, no aim assist, no campers, no kids talking trash. This game has it all. Free DLC too!
  66. Nov 18, 2013
    The frame rate is a constant 60fps and this really shows in certain levels of the game where your character becomes disoriented by a bomb blast. The running and motion blur in the game also highlights this.

The lighting is the best of any of the PS4 launch titles I have played, including Assassins Creed IV. This includes open flames, light bulbs, gunfire, sunlight, you name it.

Small
    detail is where this game shines. Textures are full and rich. Foliage and grass finally looks realistic, the gameplay in general feels photorealistic. While screenshots of the next gen games for PS4/One may allow nitpickers to find minute flaws or in the extremest case even compare some games to previous gen, you will only be able to experience next generation gaming when you feel the physics and gameplay of the experience.

I don't want to spoil a minute of this game for anyone, so I will say only this. A core game mechanic is a personal drone that is given to you to perform various tasks as well as assist in battle. This adds a whole new level of strategy over some generic FPS.

I may upset some by saying this. While not as groundbreaking as the Halo series was when it hit the market, this title is better and more enjoyable (to me) than Halo 3 and 4. This is coming from someone who plans to buy an Xbox One when Halo 5 is released.

If this is what a launch title looks like, then the PS4 has a solid future ahead of it.
  67. Nov 18, 2013
    Everything is just fine,I don't think this game deserve only 76 or 78 ,80or 85 is more suitable for it .The scence of the future city was realy shocked me! Every frame in this game makes me feel liake watching a CG movie! The frames is great!
  68. Nov 25, 2013
    Best shooter at the moment. A perfect mix of solid gameplay and perfect graphics.

Also it has a long history, it's replayable and very hard with the 'hard' difficulty. And I love the Dron!! :D

Recommended!!!
  69. Nov 19, 2013
    Graphically this game is amazing. It's hands down the best looking shooter I have played on a console besides Battlefield 4. With that said, gameplay is slow and at times outright frustrating. Spawn camping is a staple of this title in multiplayer. Between the turrets, bots, shockwaves, and every other extremely annoying perk in multiplayer you will want to just sit in a corner and camp like everyone else does. Single player is much better with a decent story. Anyone that gave this title a 10 is a fanboy that hasn't played a polished shooter imo. Game is a filler title in the series and hopefully things will get better in the future. Expand
  70. Nov 22, 2013
    Really enjoyed KillZone Shadow Fall. I wouldn't consider it to be breaking any new ground, but there is some great fun to be had in the single player campaign. Some sections become tedious and a chore, but overall the game really enters the next generation on a high. Some seriously amazing graphical effects throughout but broken down by some last generation areas. Overall I really enjoyed the more open world feel of the level design and picking and choosing where to hide or who to kill rather than the linearity you find in most other FPS right now. Expand
  71. Nov 22, 2013
    Excellent game. The voice acting could be better but the plot is decent and the gameplay is solid. Visuals are fantastic, as to be expected, and the multiplayer is a blast. Overall I give the game an 8, but I'm marking it a ten to help wash out the troll votes, because this really is a must buy for any PS4 owner.
  72. Nov 26, 2013
    It is a gorgeous game. After the newness of the beauty wore off I realized I was bored. What really sticks out for me is that Killzone is not a series I enjoy. It is not a bad game, plays well, but after few hours I wanted to move onto another game. The game has more things going against it than for it in my opinion. The guns don't appeal to me, the story is poor and more confusing than it should be, but if you play it for the multiplayer you will find more fun to be had there. I suppose if you really love the series, you will really enjoy the game. If you found the other titles a bit boring, repetitive, than move along. Expand
  73. Nov 18, 2013
    Ii doubt most of the people that are rating it a 0 even played the game so don't take those reviews seriously.The campaign while beautiful is lacking that Killzone feel. I don't know, I can't put my finger on what it was, but after completing it I honestly can never see myself returning to it. The multiplayer however, is fantastic. They have improved on nearly all of their hallmark gameplay options and now allow players to create their very own warzones. The maps are awesome and the weapons feel great.
    I love that there is no XP system, instead you complete challenges to unlock abilities and attachments. Which means it's a skill based game, and campers and boosters will get beat handily. With the promise of a co-op survival mode and completely free multiplayer maps, Killzone Shadow Fall should be the go to multiplayer game this year for all you online junkies looking to get a beautiful next-gen game experience on the PS4.
  74. Nov 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great shooter, great environments, awesome multiplayer. Not sure why this didn't review higher with critics. I think people expect a huge leap in this generation's consoles, but it never ever works out that way. This is a solid start to a more powerful console. Expand
  75. Nov 16, 2013
    By far the best looking next gen title on any platform which sets an earlt benchmark for graphical fidelity and a solid shooter that is maybe a little generic.
  76. Nov 16, 2013
    Decent but nothing special really. Standard, immemorable shooter with a nice premise but bad story. The multiplayer is better than the single player but not even that will be remembered for very long. The graphics are very good but with the power of the PS4, games are going to start looking even much better than this.
    Overall, I don't know if it's worth the price. I have a feeling I just
    spent $65.00 on just another Perfect Dark. Expand
  77. Nov 15, 2013
    Almost perfect multiplayer, lots of choice and great intricate maps. Single player is very enjoyable too. A lot of care and thought has been put into this game. A worthy launch title showing off the ps4.
  78. Nov 18, 2013
    This new KZ feels very different from the other, it still features amazing visuals, but very colorful at times, and lots of different settings in the environement with that whole city divided, alternating sandbox type of gameplay and more path driven parts. I think it's a must have for every PS4 owner even if you are not that high on shooters.
  79. Nov 16, 2013
    So I was super nervous to get this game as my launch title over the other shooters, needless to say after sufficient time I made the right choice, First off as all reviews will tell you this game is gorgeous plain and simple, itll make your friends jealous of that gorgeous black box. So generally the campaign is a good time, big maps lots of choices in how to deal with your mission etc, The dialogue is definitely meh, I can understand where they downgrade Killzone's story due to it but thats just it, the story itself is interesting and way more compelling then prior installments so even with the duller moments of dialogue youre still intrigued. Now to the beef of this game, it's multiplayer. After non-stop hours of playing since launch let me tell you the multiplayer has never been better!!! It's so addicting! I have BF4 on my pc and I havent bought CoD since MW2 and I was an avid halo and gears player but Killzone has officially swept in and will be taking up all my time for multiplayer fps, minus the obvious neverending counterstrike play intermixed. Expand
  80. Nov 15, 2013
    The critics didn't do this game any justice whatsoever. The graphics are beautiful, smooth gameplay, interesting follow up storyline to follow up for hardcore killzone fans. The multiplayer is beautiful as well holding a steady 60fps. The bad part about this game is that it still feels really clunky and heavy. Also sometimes in the multiplayer it gets boring because of the slow pace other people can be really hard to find. All in all this is a decent launch game which really shows off the ps4's horsepower the critics should be ashamed for rating this game so low. It seems as if every game the critics give a bad rating to the users find the game to be compelling which makes me question the critics Expand
  81. Jan 5, 2014
    If game reviews were scored on graphics alone, this would probably be the highest scoring game of all time. The attention to detail is absolutely mind blowing with the graphics showing you the power and potential of the PS4 in the next few coming years. At times the game is truly beautiful and atmospheric, easily the best graphics I've ever seen on a game. But I'm an old school breed of gamer which asks for game play over graphics and if it doesn't play well then I'm not too interested in the game. Shame to say the game doesn't play well, it's a fairly passable first-person shooter which is often frustrating instead of enjoyable, which is a shame. I often felt a constant "I don't really know what I'm doing", type of thing. It left you in a lurch without much idea what to do which meant I was never sure whether to play the game stealthy or all action, making many moments ruined due to it not walking me through the sections properly. Also the 'cool' memorable moments like free falling was badly scripted meaning dying a lot, having to start at bad checkpoint placement a lot and just the general feeling of damn that would of been so much better if the game actually worked... The story I can't really comment on as I didn't play the other KillZones and the story goes completely over my head but I'm sure it would be enjoyable for someone who played the other games. Multiplayer is also just okay, nothing special or nothing to keep me interested for too long.

All in all, it's just a huge tech demo with shooting. Could of been a lot more.
  82. Nov 21, 2013
    For a tech demo of the ps4, this game is amazing. I know most of the kids nowadays aren't used to what usually launches along side a console.(most of the consoles life is figuring out how to make the hardware fit and work, the software comes later which then gets passed on to developers late into the process, making working on a development kit harder for launch games. This is why it takes so long in a consoles life to figure out how to make the best games. Like last of us launching this year instead of a few after the ps3 launches.) This caliber of game just does not come out when a console is born. the graphics are outstanding, not a framrate clip, stutter, skip, whatever. It just flows beautifully from scene to scene, even in the multiplayer warzones where people are joining/quiting non stop.

the campaign is your standard FPS save the world super human style. Its presented in a fashion that isn;t too unknown to any last-gen shooter apocalypse player. lone wolf soldier with minimal assistance takes on hordes of alien attackers in an attempt to help humanity. The cold war aspect with the berlin wall and such give an interesting twist to the narrative. I did not play the previous killzones so it was harder to get a feel for the hatred against the aliens(helgast) who attacked us first, and in the last game we had destroyed their planet. The game does a good job of making you feel for them as to why they'd want to cross the wall and take over the planet. The game doesn't do much to improve anything in terms of FPS gameplay aside from giving you your OWL companion(word to the wise, learn how to use immediately), but what it does do is make everything look fun and gorgeous while you blow stuff up. The difficulty is a bit higher than most FPS on normal but nothing unfair. The game has a nice pace to it with random rail scenarios to break up the tandum. Overall the campaign doesn't shine as say the original modern warfare does, but it's well worth the playh through.

The multiplayer is basic, and honestly I kind of like that. Instead of picking a certain map type, you can join a warzone that can contain anywhere from 1-8 game types. These ranging from deathmatch to headquarter control, to destroying checkpoints. The randomness of these warzones really is what makes the game fun to me. You're always wondering what you'll have to do next and this makes the tactical advantages of certain maps great because they might not be as good depending on what type of match you are in. Things run super smooth and fast, I do feel there are some over powered special abilities but what game doesn't have at least one.

If you;'re buying a ps4 you owe it to yourself to give this game a try, if just for the spectacle of how gorgeous frame by frame it is.
  83. Nov 15, 2013
    Magnifique immersif genial voici le grand frisson de la liberté dans un solo long et artistiquement exceptionnel qui se savoure avec grand plaisir l'opposé de celui d'un Call of qui se torche la vas vite tel un mouton qui suit le berger au lieu de gambader librement dans son pré!:-D
  84. Nov 19, 2013
    Something that doesn't disappoint in Killzone: Shadow Fall is its attention to detail and overall scenery. It feels like the entire world was handcrafted from the best that Guerrilla Games could put forth. However, the game itself will you leave you wanting more from an otherwise sub-par launch title. Ranging from poorly done AI, to a multiplayer that feels like a mix between CoD and Killzone, the game isn't without it's flaws. Expand
  85. Nov 17, 2013
    Just played the game after frustration with BF4 servers and all I can say is that this game doesn't look like anything innovative to say the least. The game actually feels kinda dull however this does not mean it is bad. For those of you who have never played a Killzone title, this game is a must buy if you get the PS4 because this game offers an interesting mix of common modern shooters and sci fi shooters.

Campaign
    Killzone: Shadow Fall takes place 30 years after the events of KZ 3 and Vekta city is divided. The story reminds the player immediately of a cold war esque story between good and evil however if you watch the trailers, you will delve deeper into a twisted story of corruption and lies. As a noob of the Killzone series I immedeatly played hard mode and noticed no difficulty in killing my foes however this may be just for the few starting levels. I hope that is ineed the case.

Campaign Rating: 8/10

Multiplayer

I am not sure if I am somehow very good at Killzone or if everyone is just really bad at the multiplayer but either way I got a lot of fun out of the multiplayer as I really loved the gameplay in the trailers. I highly recommend newbies to the franchise to try out fighting bots or going to one of the low level Warzones. The elephant in the room (As said by TotalBiscuit almost in every video) that I think the critics are getting attacked by fans of the Playstation is that the game offers no innovation in anyway when it comes to multiplayer. It's true. Critics are right that the game has no innovation with game modes I mean for crying out loud, is search and destroy in every game now including Battlefield 4? They aren't right though that the multiplayer. It still remains a fun thing to go on after playing the campaign for a bit.

MP Rating 7/10

I left the PS3 in 2009 but never played a single KZ so this was my first and I have to say that this game is very fun and I highly recommend people in my shoes do the same.

Final Verdict: 8/10 Yes you should buy this game.
  86. Nov 18, 2013
    I just got this game Killzone Shadow Fall im 7 hours in and i really really like the game. This game is really good, i was a little worried because of all the low reviews but actually after playing the game i like it a lot. Dont listen to the review sites out there this game is awesome.
  87. Nov 18, 2013
    Theres no doubt about it; Killzone: Shadow Fall is by far the most visually stunning and pretty launch game on the Playstation 4 and by extension the Xbox One also. It's a solid shooter with tight controls, a less cumbersome feel than any of the previous Killzone games and also a fun multiplayer that is a viable alternative to other launch FPS's CoD:Ghosts and Battlefield 4.

For
    whatever reason, so called "video game journalists" or as they would have you believe "experts", have this gripe with Killzone that boils down simply to the lack of innovation or anything primarily new that Shadow Fall brings over any prior FPS released. For the most part, these remarks about Killzone are true and perhaps its only true advancement over any previous console FPS is the gorgeous graphics. But heres the bit that bothers me the most, Call of Duty, the widely successful and hugely popular first person shooter franchise has been at its very core, essentially the same game and its innovations are mainly materialistic and cosmetic rather than anything ever truly revolutionary. Despite this Call of Duty will consistently score very high scores and primarily by the notion that "if it aint broke, don't fix it". So whilst I completely agree that Killzone doesn't necessarily bring anything new to the table, the sheer fact it is penalised for not innovating on past Killzones (or any FPS's for that matter) whilst CoD can be accused of innovating just as little, all whilst maintaining its generally high review scores, is absolutely staggering. I can't help but feel that killzone is perhaps penalised for the sheer fact its a ''next gen" game, rather than on the merits it brings primarily as a video game. Would it have scored higher if it was on PS3? Most probably. Is it worth buying a PS4? Perhaps not. If it was called Call of Duty: Shadow Fall would reviewers have scored it higher? Most likely... Is it a worthwhile and solid shooter that offers you a solid sic-fi esque experience? Yes. If I like shooters and want something my current gen console doesn't already offer should i buy Killzone? Hell yes.

88. Nov 18, 2013
    By far one of the best Killzones (and even FPSs) that I've ever played. If you are hesitant on buying the game, at least hear me out and decide for yourself. I encourage everyone to look at multiple reviews instead of just lazily picking one review and deciding not to buy the game.

I'll start with the single player. It's a step up from KZ2 and KZ3 (unless you enjoyed those two). It's
    definitely not linear like KZ2/3 in that the maps are much bigger and you are given choices as to how to infiltrate enemy territory. As a Shadow Marshall, your best choice is to play it discreet and to try to avoid going Rambo on a platoon of Helghast as opposed to KZ2/3 where you basically go CoDdudebro throughout those campaigns. And personally, I like it. You also have a robotic weapon companion called the OWL which basically acts as your personal drone and life support. It really comes in handy for those parts where you're up against many Helghast in that you can set the OWL to attack enemies and distract them while you take out the rest.

The game's story progresses in chapters and each chapter is a new map/level. The game mixes between Vekta/New Helghan maps and space maps where you're in an ISA Cruiser or a giant space laboratory. Personally, I absolutely LOVED the chapters in space. The feel, the atmosphere and the art direction in those chapters felt very sci-fi eery; almost like Metroid Prime (which I find to be a very good thing). I loved going through the abandoned ISA Cruiser and reading the eery messages that the crew left behind on the walls, especially this one downright disturbing Audiolog in one of the rooms which simply captured the atmosphere perfectly. I won't go behind the story in those chapters since they're somewhat spoilers. The soundtrack in this game is also amazing and won't disappoint since it also seems to capture that 'Metroid Prime' feel that I described earlier.

The controls in Shadow Fall also don't feel as heavy as they did in KZ2/3. Controls are responsive; swiping the touch pad to give your OWL orders is easy. Shooting feels great. The only thing they could have worked on more was the cover system but other than that, gameplay is pretty much flawless IMO.

Multiplayer is pretty much a blast. They incorporated new game mechanics like shields and speed power ups. It's your standard Killzone MP but with much more game modes incorporated into it. Weapons and game searches are customizable. It's much faster getting into an MP match. Map designs are also new and they even include a few old ones from KZ2/3 such as the map "Ruins".

All in all, I very much enjoyed my time with Killzone Shadow Fall and will continue to do so for MP. The graphics are downright amazing and mesmerizing and runs very fluidly at a consistent framerate AND in 1080p. Pick this game up if you're getting a PS4.
  89. Nov 19, 2013
    This Killzone feels so much different from the last three. It will be known as one of the best FPS games of this generation, even though it's less than a week old. The story isn't its strongest asset, but this game is great.
  90. Nov 21, 2013
    This game is a visual orgasm. The story is meh, but still much stronger and longer that the other shooters on the market. I've played all the killzones and I love the new feel to the controls and character. It's smooth, fast and frame rate is awesome. Multiplayer surprised me a lot, nothing new really...but the levels are well designed, the use of the gagets per the classes apply well to gameplay and again, the visuals are so stunning it brings you into another dimension of gameplay. Bravo Guerrilla, bravo. Expand
  91. Nov 22, 2013
    Beautifullest game of the next game

Strong gameplay

More ten hours of game

Multiplayers really exciting

Even the story is interesting

The perfect game for the launch
  92. Nov 25, 2013
    The start of Killzone: Shadowfall should give you a pretty good idea of what to expect from the rest of the game. The visuals are beautiful overall, and often even breathtaking. The gameplay is solid, (although there were two spots in particular where I was meant to use the zipline to progress, but the game wouldn't let me equip it for some reason, but more on that later...) And I also think that most of the guns feel like they lack any punch. My main problems with the game come in the form of story and voice acting. And the super generic feel. (It almost feels like the lovechild of a Killzone and Halo game.) The story is one we've heard a million times and even the plot twists where expected. I would nominate the the voice actors for Kellan, Echo, Sinclair, and Massar for the "Worst Voice Acting Ever in a Triple A Title" Award. Massar was especially poorly delivered. The acting wasn't unbearable, but I expected more out of a game that is so sexy graphically in contrast. Overall, I definitely recommend playing it because while I had my problems with it, it was fun. Just not as believable or immersive (yes, I know immersive isn't a real word but I think you know what I'm saying) as it might have been with better performances. Expand
  93. Nov 20, 2013
    Excellent game with good graphics, good sound, better than average gameplay which has few tricks to it, and Killzone's multiplayer mode(s) from the previous titles in the series. Ability to approach certain situations differently gives the game some replayability but at the same time the plot of the game is bit disconnected from the rest of the series even for the fans of the Killzone series. Some moments in single-player campaign can be frustrating if you've never played a Killzone game before. Map design is little bit like in Crysis 2 where you have 2-3 ways to approach things. However most of the time it turns into just basic corridor shooting. AI opponents do their job well. Overall a good launch title. Expand
  94. Nov 22, 2013
    This is truly next gen I bought this as my launch title just to show the power of the Ps4 it certainly does that Here is my huge problem with the game Save points are so bad If you plan on sitting down to play you better dedicate 1-2 hours the game saves on chapters! The game is gorgeous controls perfect in my book story is so so.... Good launch title though
  95. Mar 18, 2014
    I am a bit late with this review but since i have just wrote a review for another game and have been playing alot of the mp lately i thought i would share my thoughts.

Killzone just like many triologies / series whether games , movies, music, books etc, usually start to lose steam with each installment the exceptions are knowns as the greats, clasics, epic and set a standard/ benchmark
    that is hard to do unfortunately Killzone doesnt fall in the latter BUT KZ Shadowfall is solid.

campaign has a good tempo and varied missions as well as delivering an open world feel which is a blessing for those like myself who passionately grew to hate linear , generic corridor shooters. Hand holding is almost non existent and when it implement it guerilla cleverly disguised its pressence /existance with the games flow and tempo.

No holy grail of a.i here but the helghast does not tend to kamikazi themselves by running full speed toward your 800 rounds per second. A.I uses cover well and rarely throws grenades at suicidal angles, tbh guerilla did a fine job in terms of the a.i being programmed good enough that it doesnt break the immersion they designed, a.i compliments rather than humilate the gameplay = fun gunplay with very little smh t ala moh warfighter turkey shoot.

Guns feel great and are classic kz creations, not over the top op'd generics but rather somewhat believable futuristic guns, believing in v ideo games always a plus.
    campaign is a decent length and the visuals aare top notch nexr gen yummy, story is meh and kz mercs had a better one imo. There is some destructability but not on the level as say BF4. campaign fun but instantly forget me yes but cant say the same for the MP.

Multiplaya is where this game freaking excells !

A very unique , up tempo, tactical, oh so fun engagement in varied maps/locations multiplayer that is like no other. It has its own flavor which is so tasty i rebought the game after trading in for thief, the irony thief robbed my for 63 dollars and credit but thats neither here or there back on topic.

guerilla unlocks all the guns from press start which levels playing field imho but you do upgrade turrets and unlock weapon scopes and mounts but it is needed for the player to feel progression which is better than feeling op'd due to level 76 prestige having a minigun while you enter late in the game per se wielding a but naked ak 47. Bottom line the mp designed with the gamer in mind on every level and i rate the mp as being top notch which can go toe to toe with any fps mp on the market as well as having one of the best hit boxes.
    Some are used to chocolate and vanilla and wont venture towards new or different flavors, CoD or BF4 are familiar territories, a comfort zone if you will and thats perfectly respectable / fine especially when its your dime but i will say this = change isnt always a bad thing and on that note KZSF campaign IS ACCEPTABLE AND THE MP IS REFRESHING & DERSERVING of good merit as well as a try but as they say different strokes for different folks well lets just say KZSF MP stroked my cords .

P freakin S Guerilla I DEMAND A HELGHAST CAMPAIGN!

Btw bgm fantastic as always and visually the 2nd best looking game this gen imo close secong to mgsv ground zeroes.
    My psn is pixelprov1 , hope you were able to take something positive / helpful from this

Tc
  96. Nov 23, 2013
    When I show off what the ps4 can do, I put this in before battlefield or rivals. The campaign is a science fiction dream and I had to focus not to die in combat as I was in awe of the environments. The story is lacking and the enemies aren't varied enough but the gunplay is tight and the owl is a great way to use the touchpad in shooters. The multiplayer is fun and different but any lack of ranking or customization besides unlocks brought down the time I would've spent with it. The atmosphere and feel of the world is what makes it a must buy for me and shows promise of a bright future for ps4. Expand
  97. Nov 17, 2013
    You've played this game before, however, you've never loved it as much as you love this one.

The story mode is absolutely phenomenal and it's definitely up there next to Half-Life 2, in my personal opinion
    The online-multiplayer is difficult as you would expect, so I've been practicing with offline-bots, mostly. However, everyone seems like they are having a blast, as I am ruthlessly
    getting blasted. Though, from what I've seen, this is going to be a very fun multiplayer experience.

A lot can be said about this game, but I don't want to spoil anyone's experience, so, I'll say this:
    If you have a PS4, go out and buy this game because you'll be doing yourself a favor. The game is beautiful, and even more so, fun. A lot of reviewers will say this game is generic, but it just isn't true. The combination of all the best features in First Person Shooters combined into a single game does not make a game generic.

I've been playing this game on normal, and it's exactly that as well. Normal mode will get you killed, but you can always find a way out of a situation by trying again and doing something different. It's an open-ended, yet linear experience, and therefore doesn't make you feel as though you are playing a game that the developers laid out for you.

Single-Player Campaign: One of the best I've ever played. A lot of shooters have felt really dull as of late (Bioshock Infinite was a dull game with an amazing and redeeming ending. I'm a sucker for good story telling.), however this is a HUGE exception. The game's story feels new, yet familiar, and it's very exciting to see how the game's story unfolds. The story will have you guess what's going to happen next, and you'll probably be right, however, it's an exciting "I KNEW IT" feeling you get, rather then it being cliche, because it really isn't. You can only go so far with a FPS before it becomes a FPS with RPG elements to change things up, and this game decided to stay as a FPS but incorporate ideas used in other games, and add them all in one beautifully crafted pizza of a game. Without going into what the story is about, let me just say that you'll enjoy it thoroughly.

Multiplayer: Like I've said, I didn't really get far in it, but it is a blast for sure, even with the bots.

Gameplay: The campaign is mostly open-ended. You can go in stealthy most of the time and kill your enemies before they spot you, or Rambo it up and kill your victims as you stare them down. It features some pretty interesting platformer puzzles, which actually were pretty fun, in a scary "Oh god, I'm probably going to die" sort of way. In single-player campain you also get an "OWL", which is a flying droid that you control which has 4 amazing features such as an attack mode (which should really be called "distraction mode"), it can be used as a shield (which sadly only stays in place, but it's good when you're in a firefight), stun mode (which electrocutes enemies like robots, and disables shields), and lastly: ZIPLINE MODE, which, doesn't really serve much purpose other then getting you down from high places...

If you like FPS's and don't want to buy your annual CoD, then buy this game. Seriously, you won't regret it.
  98. Nov 22, 2013
    Hello, everyone. I just finished the KZ SF on hardest diff. And I am torn a part by how different it is compare to KZ2/KZ3. It feels like they mainstreamed it way to much. On other hand it has Great visuals and sounds as usual and some fun new elements in gameplay like zero gravity and ur own bot, plus open world kind concept in missions. I do miss the heavy feel of movement from previous games that gave this game something special like more real feel if you may say. Ok. Single player is not bad not great it is in the middle. Multiplayer from what I experienced so far does feel more fun, fast, responsive and looking great. Plus as far as I know you can create your own rules for matches which is always good. My verdict is if u r KZ fan you already bought this game and if u not maybe wait until price drop. I rate this game solid 8!
    P.S.
    Dev. took out diff. Lang. Options that was present in previous KZ. But at least promised free maps for multiplayer!
  99. Dec 23, 2013
    This game is a decent launch showpiece for the PS4. The good:
    1. Mind-blowing graphics. The amazing level of detail is evident from sprawling futuristic cities to the stitching detail visible on your gloves. I'm particularly impressed with faces and character emotions. PC-level stuff.
    2. The O.W.L. Controlling your own drone is fantastically fun. The O.W.L. is the most creative and
    engaging component of the entire game.
    3. Tight shooting, solid AI. I've always thought the AI enemies in the Killzone games are among the smartest you can find; aware, quick to find cover and aggressive.
    The Bad:
    1. It's boring Killzone continues the series' tradition of creating characters and story-lines I don't care about.
    2. Lack of guns, gadgets, and progression. Guns are boring and limited, Tech has some highlights but is overall un-imaginative.
    Overall- it's a must own for PS4-early adopters, but this game will quickly fade into mediocrity as the PS4 library is established.
  100. Jan 27, 2014
    Al show not a single ounce of good gameplay in this cinematic shooter. The ai is terrible and the setpieces are unbelievably boring. I feel sleep dirng the campaing.

1. Feb 13, 2014
    A very good and varied multiplayer FPS. Some things, like the big attack/defend scenarios, were better on Killzone 3. [Jan 2014]
  2. Jan 22, 2014
    In attempting to juggle so many balls at once, it simply loses control and bats them all over the place in a crazed, lurching frenzy as it tries to stop the whole thing from falling apart.
  3. Jan 15, 2014
    Whatever the reason was for making Shadow Fall in the first place, the result is a mixture of bland, annoying and weird.