• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Nov 15, 2013
6.9

1. Nov 15, 2013
    A worthy launch title for the Playstation 4, if this is the start of next gen then things can ONLY get better. I need not tell you how stunning this game is, but instead the gameplay feels fresh, the story is a thrilling new take on war, using a cold war setting rather then throwing you head first into a hot war.

Sure it has it's cliche action movie set pieces that you know like the

Sure it has it's cliche action movie set pieces that you know like the back of your hand, but what do you expect. This is Killzone, this isn't here to win an academy award. It's here to give you a mindless thrill ride and it does it effortlessly.

I felt fully immersed in this world, only taken out of it by some small and rare slip ups from the AI system. But that is my only negative here today.

Multiplayer is back with a vengeance and will keep you coming back for hours on end, I need not tell you more.

Just a perfect launch title, a franchise we know and love but with the perfect twist to usher in the new generation.

Game on.
  2. Nov 15, 2013
    I have played so many FPS games but this was the one that caught me for a solid amount of time making itself as the perfect start the ps4 needed. The graphics were by far the best in any game it has a sense of vividity and freedom in its limited range of combat. the biggest and really good addition in the gameplay was Avle or something that can save you, attack your enemies and hackI have played so many FPS games but this was the one that caught me for a solid amount of time making itself as the perfect start the ps4 needed. The graphics were by far the best in any game it has a sense of vividity and freedom in its limited range of combat. the biggest and really good addition in the gameplay was Avle or something that can save you, attack your enemies and hack systems the story takes place a few decades after Killzone 3 and thinks start of shaky for the Vektans and then story gets interesting but by the end you might feel lack of focus on the plot. The multiplayer is something you can put 250 hours or so and keeps you going it is fun and engaging an hits your sweet spot and keeps you playing all i can say this will impress you. START YOUR NEW GEN WITH THIS GAME Expand
  3. Nov 15, 2013
    Very old school single-player no signposting, so shouting, open ended.
    Multiplayer is AWESOME- so much choice, and every combination has a different flavour.
  4. Nov 15, 2013
    Killzone: Shadow Fall is absolutely stunning. With truly next gen visuals, it's a pleasure to just soak in the surroundings. It also has a quality about its gameplay to match its beauty. With a refreshing take on the fps genre, and a thrilling story, Killzone is going in the right direction. Of course the multiplayer needs mentioning as that is where killzone truly shines. With aKillzone: Shadow Fall is absolutely stunning. With truly next gen visuals, it's a pleasure to just soak in the surroundings. It also has a quality about its gameplay to match its beauty. With a refreshing take on the fps genre, and a thrilling story, Killzone is going in the right direction. Of course the multiplayer needs mentioning as that is where killzone truly shines. With a competitiveness that is hard to rival, killzone: shadows fall's multiplayer will leave few wanting. Expand
  5. Nov 15, 2013
    A must buy!there's nothing wrong with this game it's flawless!Helghast all the wa....the mp is so addicting!and fun,don't believe the negativity received towards this game they're all lies I tell you!
  6. Nov 15, 2013
    Great launch game fun and entertaining with stunning visuals. The multi-player is also very good and I've been able to play it for a few hours now without getting bored.
  7. Nov 15, 2013
    Killzone Shadow Fall is THE launch title for PS4. I've been playing it for hours and its just amazing. The weapons feel right, the movement is realistic and it has the best graphics of any FPS I've ever seen. MUST BUY!
  8. Nov 15, 2013
    I just got this game, been playing it for hours.

- Gameplay: Its Solid! the gun play is spot on very realistic in a way. Doesn't have that fast paced exaggeration from COD or BF4. Weapons feel heavy and the animation if fluid. - Graphics: Killzone shadow fall: Its probably the best looking FPS game right now. High res sharp texture, beautiful scenery and one best particles i have seen
    I just got this game, been playing it for hours.

- Graphics: Killzone shadow fall: Its probably the best looking FPS game right now. High res sharp texture, beautiful scenery and one best particles i have seen in a game.
    - Multi player, 24 players 60 fps, it has dedicated servers and its a blast to play, Maps are well designed not to big and not to small. And the custom Warzone multi player maps is pretty awesome.
    Single player: is around 10 hours, Story is decent but nothing spectacular good voice acting and facial animation, characters don't fell dull as in previews Killzone games.

Buy it!
  9. Nov 15, 2013
    Killzone shadow fall is the best killzone yet. They have improved the graphics by a lot. It lacked with different things that you can do on multiplayer. I don't like on how there is no Xperia, but you rank up by doing challenges. It is a creative idea. Also all the dlc will be free and you unlock all the weapons at the start. It keeps you from turning the ps4 off. Great intense, actionKillzone shadow fall is the best killzone yet. They have improved the graphics by a lot. It lacked with different things that you can do on multiplayer. I don't like on how there is no Xperia, but you rank up by doing challenges. It is a creative idea. Also all the dlc will be free and you unlock all the weapons at the start. It keeps you from turning the ps4 off. Great intense, action packed gameplay makes killzone shadow fall one hell of a game. Expand
  10. Nov 15, 2013
    Killzone Shadowfall is not perfect, but I gave it a 10 to try to offset the "reviews" by people who obviously haven't played it and are just trying to bring the average down. In reality, it's more of an 8-9 depending how much weight you put on Multiplayer vs Singleplayer.

Visually, this is easily one of the most impressive looking launch games and the framerate is buttery smooth. Audio is also very nice and a noticeable improvement over PS3 KZ titles.

Singleplayer is hit and miss and if I were to judge based on single player alone, I would give it a 7.5-8/10. You could sense the vision Guerrilla wanted to take it, but they just seemed to lack the time to really refine the story and level design. It is still a very decent single player campaign though, and it clocks in a decent length of ~10-11hrs.

With that said, it's the multiplayer where this game really shines. Silky smooth 60fps (for the most part) amazing visuals, completely customizable games and solid gameplay and controls.

Overall, I'd say that this is a pretty solid launch title. It showcases the PS4's power nicely and it is a solid game overall.
  11. Nov 15, 2013
    A couple of well how to say it fanboys here seem to be here to downgrade killzone's score for some reason so i made and account just to rate it so it will go up some more cause this game deserves to be a 9
  12. Nov 8, 2014
    This is absolutely the best multiplayer available. This is in general a high health low damage shooter compared to others which results in enjoyable gun battles. That being said scoring a headshot with ANY weapon is a kill. Difference between this and COD is you have to do your OWN aiming (no assist). Teamwork is of the utmost importance in Killzone. New players just need to get usedThis is absolutely the best multiplayer available. This is in general a high health low damage shooter compared to others which results in enjoyable gun battles. That being said scoring a headshot with ANY weapon is a kill. Difference between this and COD is you have to do your OWN aiming (no assist). Teamwork is of the utmost importance in Killzone. New players just need to get used to the different pacing, mission types, abilities and gunplay and they will grow to love Killzone Shadow Fall. Graphics are some of the best I have seen. Maps are very well made and varied although a little more CQC than previous Killzone titles. Since launch their have been many welcome changes. Overpowered weapons and abilities were nerfed & underpowered weapons and abilities were buffed. Challenge requirements were adjusted. Ranking system tied to challenges was introduced. New maps were added for FREE. Automata skins, player skins, player cards, cross hair reticules, voice packs, end of game moves were all added for more customization. Clan support was finally added with more support to come. If you are reading this and tried the game at launch please give it another shot as you may be surprised. The best experience will always come from Extended Warzone or Classic as opposed to Team Deathmatch but sadly that is what the majority of newcomers gravitate towards due to familuarity with COD. Trust me you are missing out. Get a mic and talk to the veterans and most will help you out with all the little nuances of the game. As far Single Player it got a bum rap from reviewers as well. It is quite different from KZ2 and KZ3 style but there is still sections of intense battle. There are sections where you have great freedom in the way you go about finishing the level ( routes, order, stealth or guns blazing). You can pick up various different weapons to change up gameplay. The OWL can allow you to play the game several diffetent styles depending on how you use it. Pick up the season pass to go with this game for 20 bucks to get expansion packs and the Intercept Co-op. Killzone is easy to find at reduced prices as well so it is a no brainer. Expand
  13. Nov 21, 2013
    We expect a FPS on a new console, to be above and beyond anything offered currently. Seems like common sense really, but GG was the only company to see that vision. Between COD: Recycled to BF4: Rushed Edition (which is not DICEs fault), Killzone only competition is the name branding that EA and Activision have. 3rd best selling game on PS4 (guess what the other 2 are), it looks beyondWe expect a FPS on a new console, to be above and beyond anything offered currently. Seems like common sense really, but GG was the only company to see that vision. Between COD: Recycled to BF4: Rushed Edition (which is not DICEs fault), Killzone only competition is the name branding that EA and Activision have. 3rd best selling game on PS4 (guess what the other 2 are), it looks beyond the crappy scores from others and gamers are seeing that first hand.

Now please keep in mind that SP is not why I bought KZ...MP is where it is at, and as a long time supported to the BF and COD series, I never once played the SP...why would you when you can kill other people lol.

First off you get 10 maps for MP with a range of game modes and levels based on your skill. Wanna play with just weapons and a shield, you can do that....KZ lets you pick your lobby and style. And what last gen KZ did for MP (which wasn't that good), it as exceeded in listening to customer's feedback.

Check out YouTube, this game is beautiful and it plays well. MP is fun to play and keeps you coming back for more. The season pass is only $19.99 and we are promised free DLC on top of that and a great MP experience.

There is no Frame-Rate issues in MP, the game runs 1080p at 60fps and is amazing, showing off the power of the PS4.

It is not a perfect 10, but if you are looking for a nice change from COD and BF, that won't rape your wallet....here you go.

I should add that KZ will be putting MP up for free soon on the PSN network, allowing you to rank to SGT I, after you can choose to purchase the full unlock for around $15.00 (source). EIther way, this is a good move by GG to do this, as they need to work on there name branding to compete in this market.
  14. Jan 1, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. [Condensed]

While there have been excellent titles from the getgo within this console series, and even within the handheld accompaniments of recent times, Killzone: Shadow Fall is second only to Killzone 3 in my mind, and rises above Killzone 2 and the original Killzone in so many ways. It beats each game in terms of visuals and competent gameplay, as well as evolving the still fresh multiplayer experience past anything I could've hoped for. This game is definitely the highlight of my Play Station 4 coverage and playing, and I wouldn't have missed it for anything else this year. It may not be receiving the best score of all from me, but I have enjoyed it a lot and the story alone provides so much of a replay value and time commitment as well. Shadow Fall makes me wish that the next game in the series would come sooner, and it is that excitement and anxiety that makes me love it all the more.

Concept: A great start to the next generation of shooters and games in general.

Graphics: Some of the best visuals and animations that I have seen in a long while, and something to set the standard for next generation games as well.

Sound: The voice acting isn't always the strongest, but the musical scores hit all the right vibes for a futuristic city perfectly.

Playability: The controls are well balanced and laid out, and the extraneous commands for the OWL and allies also fit in the mix without confusing players at all. In a series noted for its excellent controls, these are some of the best.

Entertainment: From the story to the gameplay, this is an exciting and entertaining adventure.

Replay Value: High.

Overall Score: 8.5
  15. Jan 14, 2014
    Wow! What a great game it has addictive multiplayer that is balanced out, a great multiplayer leveling system and overall great campaign! Buy this if you haven't yet!
  16. Jan 25, 2014
    I had a fantastic time with this game. The campaign is great with some awesome open levels and truly stunning scenery. I just don't get the average or bad reviews - ignore them and get the game!
  17. Feb 7, 2014
    I have always played Call of Duty games. I decided to buy Killzone since there are not many games for PS4 right now. I'm so glad I did. This game looks better than any other game i've ever played. the story and game play on story mode is good but feels like it's on rails. multiplayer is where the money is at.

Many people get upset on multiplayer because camping is hard, spawn trapping

Many people get upset on multiplayer because camping is hard, spawn trapping near impossible and there is NO aim assist, which I like all of these things. I rate this game a 10 because it is truly the best game on PS4 right now.
  18. Mar 18, 2014
    I am a bit late with this review but since i have just wrote a review for another game and have been playing alot of the mp lately i thought i would share my thoughts.

Killzone just like many triologies / series whether games , movies, music, books etc, usually start to lose steam with each installment the exceptions are knowns as the greats, clasics, epic and set a standard/ benchmark that is hard to do unfortunately Killzone doesnt fall in the latter BUT KZ Shadowfall is solid.

campaign has a good tempo and varied missions as well as delivering an open world feel which is a blessing for those like myself who passionately grew to hate linear , generic corridor shooters. Hand holding is almost non existent and when it implement it guerilla cleverly disguised its pressence /existance with the games flow and tempo.

No holy grail of a.i here but the helghast does not tend to kamikazi themselves by running full speed toward your 800 rounds per second. A.I uses cover well and rarely throws grenades at suicidal angles, tbh guerilla did a fine job in terms of the a.i being programmed good enough that it doesnt break the immersion they designed, a.i compliments rather than humilate the gameplay = fun gunplay with very little smh t ala moh warfighter turkey shoot.

Guns feel great and are classic kz creations, not over the top op'd generics but rather somewhat believable futuristic guns, believing in v ideo games always a plus.
    campaign is a decent length and the visuals aare top notch nexr gen yummy, story is meh and kz mercs had a better one imo. There is some destructability but not on the level as say BF4. campaign fun but instantly forget me yes but cant say the same for the MP.

Multiplaya is where this game freaking excells !

A very unique , up tempo, tactical, oh so fun engagement in varied maps/locations multiplayer that is like no other. It has its own flavor which is so tasty i rebought the game after trading in for thief, the irony thief robbed my for 63 dollars and credit but thats neither here or there back on topic.

guerilla unlocks all the guns from press start which levels playing field imho but you do upgrade turrets and unlock weapon scopes and mounts but it is needed for the player to feel progression which is better than feeling op'd due to level 76 prestige having a minigun while you enter late in the game per se wielding a but naked ak 47. Bottom line the mp designed with the gamer in mind on every level and i rate the mp as being top notch which can go toe to toe with any fps mp on the market as well as having one of the best hit boxes.
    Some are used to chocolate and vanilla and wont venture towards new or different flavors, CoD or BF4 are familiar territories, a comfort zone if you will and thats perfectly respectable / fine especially when its your dime but i will say this = change isnt always a bad thing and on that note KZSF campaign IS ACCEPTABLE AND THE MP IS REFRESHING & DERSERVING of good merit as well as a try but as they say different strokes for different folks well lets just say KZSF MP stroked my cords .

P freakin S Guerilla I DEMAND A HELGHAST CAMPAIGN!

Btw bgm fantastic as always and visually the 2nd best looking game this gen imo close secong to mgsv ground zeroes.
    My psn is pixelprov1 , hope you were able to take something positive / helpful from this

Tc
  19. Nov 21, 2013
    This is the definitive Killzone experience that was long pass due. Now only is it the best looking game Next-Gen thus far, it takes elements from Cryteks Crysis series while still holding true to the Killzone style that makes this game a wonder to behold. This game is entirely a must buy for PS4 adopters and with it's 13hrs length, it'll definitely keep you going for quite some time. TheThis is the definitive Killzone experience that was long pass due. Now only is it the best looking game Next-Gen thus far, it takes elements from Cryteks Crysis series while still holding true to the Killzone style that makes this game a wonder to behold. This game is entirely a must buy for PS4 adopters and with it's 13hrs length, it'll definitely keep you going for quite some time. The Multiplayer is deep and balanced and all the while addictive—it's deep with it's very own custom Warzone along side the classic game modes, deep class editing and weapon attachments and leveling up based on kills is scrapped for a more fluent point system. 1500 challenges to unlock and the more you unlock, the more it shows next to your PSN ID. Buy this game, it's worth your time. Expand
  20. Dec 2, 2013
    As a fan of the series this was a must have for me, I like the Killzone franchise and I was really happy when they announced Shadow Fall was going to be a launch title.

Having said so I really enjoyed SF, it's a great game, it's not perfect but still a great game. The 0 ratings are complete and utter the game may not be good for all players but it's definitely not a 0, there's no way.

Even the haters (and the self-declared PC 'masterrace') must appreciate these graphics and that's at least something. Other than that I don't expect people who have never played a KZ game before or haven't done a bit of reading don't give a about certain characters and story.

Positive
    + Probably the most stunning graphics I have ever seen on a console, even tho' KZ2 and 3 were also beautiful on the PS3
    + The Owl aspect of the game is awesome, it makes playing a shooter on a controller much more bearable since it helps players out tremendously
    + The controller is being utilized greatly, the touchpad is being used for the different command stances and audiologs play through the mono speaker (even tho' that jumpscared the out of me when I picked up my first audiolog deep in the night...)
    + Firing guns feels so satisfactory, especially the Helghan guns have a heavy 'Oomphf' feel to them
    + There are multiple ways you can play this game, personally I try to stealth but usually ends up in a Rambo massacre, no matter how, I love it
    + Multiplayer is great, many options, all weapons unlocked and some great maps

Negative
    - Some events can drag on a bit too long and at times it's unclear what to do exactly
    - Multiplayer has only a maximum of 24 players, I'd have expected more for a nextgen game (64 players please)
  21. Dec 9, 2013
    I feel that although this game does host some amazing graphics. I definitely agree with everyone here that it could have done with a less predictable story line.

I won't go in to any details but the actors are a bit boring and dull, I feel this is more of an error with the voice acting as opposed to the game mechanics and engine. The emotions portrayed from the game engine are great, its just the voice acting pushes you further away than taking you in to the story further and involving you.

By now you are probably thinking as to why I gave this game an 8, the reason is simple. It is a launch title and so bearing that in mind I do think that Killzone Shadow Fall is not a bad stab at all with regards to utilising the PS4 hardware.

So preps to the developers.

Please remember this review is 100% opinionated and so do not judge me :P
  22. Dec 18, 2013
    I honestly went into this game with the expectations that i wasnt going to like it, but it turns out i was wrong, thankfully. Its fun to play. The Multiplayer is fast paced at times and seems to be decently balanced, and the Campaign is short but not so short it feels incomplete but its got a good story that ends on the perfect note.
  23. Dec 28, 2013
    The multiplayer is very very fun and well balanced. To me, I am happy I purchased this game for just the online modes alone. It is more team based strategy than games such as call of duty but does not lose individual competitiveness. It really pays to work as a team and balance the 3 classes. Also, the system of ranking by challenges completed is interesting because it encourages youThe multiplayer is very very fun and well balanced. To me, I am happy I purchased this game for just the online modes alone. It is more team based strategy than games such as call of duty but does not lose individual competitiveness. It really pays to work as a team and balance the 3 classes. Also, the system of ranking by challenges completed is interesting because it encourages you to try different weapons and abilities to further unlock items.

The campaign is not the greatest. It is moderately enjoyable but I found myself thinking, "after this mission I want to play multiplayer" a number of times. The pros are that it looks great and can be a little challenging. It is not just a cake walk blasting through tons of enemies. The cons are that the story is not clear or overly compelling. If the story was even 1/3 as great as a game like The Last of Us, then the campaign would be far better.
  24. Jan 16, 2014
    addicted. this game's mp is like a drug. There is a learning curve but it's worth it. people like to compare cod and battlefield like apple's and orange's; and it is true (casual/hardcore); killzone falls into the middle of those two. very fast paced and think on your feet gameplay, but also tactical. This game's mp is right for all type of players (whether ur a lonewolf, run and gunner,addicted. this game's mp is like a drug. There is a learning curve but it's worth it. people like to compare cod and battlefield like apple's and orange's; and it is true (casual/hardcore); killzone falls into the middle of those two. very fast paced and think on your feet gameplay, but also tactical. This game's mp is right for all type of players (whether ur a lonewolf, run and gunner, camper, etc). But it is also very balanced (guns, abilities, etc). I prob won't play the sp since the mp is so awesome. This game's mp is an 85/100. Expand
  25. Jan 26, 2014
    Nice graphic, but in Multiplayer are much popups.
    Then there should better set the game to 900p and 30-40 fps in mp.
    Multiplayer make a lot of fun.
    Singleplayer is also ok. Story could be better....
    I had a lot of fun and Wow-moments.
  26. Feb 14, 2014
    not perfect, but still really good. the graphics in this game are amazing, especially the scenery. the story was, alright, but not great. the characters were pretty dull for the most part, and overall plot was passable. the game-play itself is great, however there is no aim assist in this game, and while that didn't bother me, it might bother some. multiplayer has 24 player tdm, or threenot perfect, but still really good. the graphics in this game are amazing, especially the scenery. the story was, alright, but not great. the characters were pretty dull for the most part, and overall plot was passable. the game-play itself is great, however there is no aim assist in this game, and while that didn't bother me, it might bother some. multiplayer has 24 player tdm, or three variations of warzones. in addition, players can make their own warzones with customized rules. Expand
  27. Feb 25, 2014
    Killzone Shadow fall was my first real play through of any of the Kill zone games. And i have to admit that it was a very very good play through. to start off the graphics are just gorgeous i think i spent 5 minutes just looking at the landscape and how light filtered through the trees. The storyline for me wasn't amazing but kept me interested enough to the very end. And the multiplayerKillzone Shadow fall was my first real play through of any of the Kill zone games. And i have to admit that it was a very very good play through. to start off the graphics are just gorgeous i think i spent 5 minutes just looking at the landscape and how light filtered through the trees. The storyline for me wasn't amazing but kept me interested enough to the very end. And the multiplayer was a very nice get away from the old call of duty and battlefield shooters. thought it did feel kinda slow and clunky comparatively on the multiplayer. Im very excited to see where they go with the next Killzone and i definitely recommend picking this up with your brand new ps4 Expand
  28. May 21, 2014
    Really good game. It shows a power of PlayStation 4. History is not bad, but it could be better. In my opinion it's one of the best games availeble on next-gen consoles.
  29. Sep 5, 2014
    Well. This game got 9 from 10 from me. Imo, this game is really underrated. The problem of Shadow Fall is that people believe so much that Killzone MUST be a masterpiece and the best game in the world, but.. Shadow Fall is just FPS! Great fps, by the way. After third chapter the game become more and more interesting and intrigues, the action part of the game is perfect. This is great gameWell. This game got 9 from 10 from me. Imo, this game is really underrated. The problem of Shadow Fall is that people believe so much that Killzone MUST be a masterpiece and the best game in the world, but.. Shadow Fall is just FPS! Great fps, by the way. After third chapter the game become more and more interesting and intrigues, the action part of the game is perfect. This is great game for the PS4 start, thanks Guerilla. Expand
  30. Dec 2, 2014
    I gave it a 9.. Why because Ratings aren't supposed to be either a 10 or a 0.....
    ---this was a very fun game. Because I didn't play it @ launch or even have a PS4 until Destiny bundle, I DID-NOT multiplayer. Which is probably the bread & butter..
    --what's the difference in ALL SHOOTERS from CallOfDuty,,Battlefield,Halo,Destiny,Metro,Fallout,,esp the main military types like Battlefield and COD is what stands out besides same ole boring arse story.
    - The answer is uniqueness and excitement.. I WANT REWARDS FOR EVERY BAD GUY I KILL. NOT JUST EXPERIENCE.I WANT TO HEARA MONEY$$ cha-Ching sound when I kill a bad guy,,I want MMORPG STYLE OF LOOT WHEN I KILL A BADDIE..THIS IS MISSING FROM GAMES. mass Effect gives us the pause menu wheel for powers or weapon switch etc,,Fallout gives us a similar pause system with Vats, they all have something. Heck, even Titanfall has Titans and Badarse Pilots for uniqueness.. We need this because we played Medal Of Honor all the super stories of Valor and save America from the morales world who attacks it and freedom yadda yadda yadda. Boring!
    ---I am Old now and I was a little kid on the couch playing GOLDEN EYE split Screen with my friends, and fast forward 6-8 years and it was the same with Halo 1.. So when Halo 2 came out with instant patches for games or new maps and whAtever= it brought excitement but also killed us with boredom..
    --Killzone didn't change this but I found it refreshing. But I also liked COD-Ghost because I'm not afraid to say my opinion. Seems everyone @ Gamestops opinion about a gMe is whatever the mainstream positive or negative opinion is..lame!!!! I'll never forget them all saying Metal GearSo.id 4 guns of Pateiots was BD because OMG the never ending cutscenes.. Gummie a break!! In a solo campaign we live for cutscenes. That game was a gem because it was different,,,Bottom line of this loooong rant to anyone who stuck with it==different is good because of the never ending repetitiveness of it all. Kinda like the repetitiveness of this's review :D
    VERDICT-Buy it cheap like I did($18) play it casually over a week when you take a break from YOURE main game and move on.. Who wouldn't like it..oooh yeah thTs right.. I know why ALLLLL GAMES that are signature to either Xbox or PS4 have sooo many ZEROS... How pathetic.. I own both systems cause I'm a gamer, not a pretend PS4 employee..
  31. Nov 18, 2013
    While it plays it a little safe with gameplay innovation in the campaign, the visual fidelity and multiplayer (which feels like a mix of COD and TF) make for a fantastic glimpse into what true next gen games will be.
  32. CNS
    Nov 15, 2013
    Overall i have enjoyed my time with the game and i feel like it's graphics and gameplay set the bar for what to expect in the u pocking games in this new generation
  33. Nov 18, 2013
    Everything is just fine,I don't think this game deserve only 76 or 78 ,80or 85 is more suitable for it .The scence of the future city was realy shocked me! Every frame in this game makes me feel liake watching a CG movie! The frames is great!
  34. Nov 15, 2013
    As an exclusive for PS4 launch, Killzone shadowfall does a good job to be a showcase and it does offers a good multiplayer but overall it is not what we expected from killzone series.
    Single player: runs through 10 hours depending on the difficulty level and amount of time you would spend exploring the levels. level design is similar to Mercenary version, the robot that following us adds to the gameplay mechanisim which is good, sometimes the game takes too long untill reaching where the action starts, this is where you will feel like you are not playing a killzone game if you have played 2 and 3. stealth parts of not good, there are areas where the game turns to a platformer and it does not manage to be very well either. aside of all the setting of each level is incridebily beautiful, varied and amazignly detailed. shooting mechanism are fun but the controlls are even smoother now compare to older killzones.
    graphics: this is where killzone shines, you have to see to believe it. i have been playing games on maximum settings on pc and this game is truley a next gen graphics. reminder that this is only the beggining.
    multi: so far i spent 2 hours in advanced for the multi and its hell of a fun, so much better than the single player and this is where the game basically shines in it, without this level of quality in the multiplayer matches i would have given this game not more than a 7.
    recommend: there are COD ghost, Bt4, killzone available to buy. for you to decide easier i would recommend picking up killzone if you looking for a really amazing graphics. dont expect too much from the single player but the multi is really fun, now if you enjoy the multiplayer that cod offers then dunt gof or this game.
  35. Nov 15, 2013
    Wow. This game looks so amazing it should be called next-next gen :)
    It's a solid first person shooter, and the only one with amazing animations for the weapons. Everything feels like it actually has mass in this game.
    Wow. This game looks so amazing it should be called next-next gen :)
    I don't particularly care about the storyline, but it's okay enough and basically it's all about shooting stealthing the way you want to shoot/stealth. It's a must have for early PS4 users
  36. Nov 15, 2013
    This game is such a fun game and runs very smoothly. I must also add that the game sounds and looks beautiful. They did an amazing job with the sound of each gun firing. Warzone is one of the best multiplayer game types, switching from different game modes and team objects and the perks for different classes are really fun and can add depth to the game to see which works best for youThis game is such a fun game and runs very smoothly. I must also add that the game sounds and looks beautiful. They did an amazing job with the sound of each gun firing. Warzone is one of the best multiplayer game types, switching from different game modes and team objects and the perks for different classes are really fun and can add depth to the game to see which works best for you and for your gun type. For example....I enjoy sniping and if I get hit and don't see exactly were the shot is coming from and I'm about to die, I can transport to different location to take me out of harms way. And the multiplayer is only going to get better since the the community can customize their own game modes to choose from. Definitely recommend Expand
  37. Nov 16, 2013
    Killzone sf is a good launch title shooter with nice graphics and gameplay. It's fun to play, especially with various war zones. Guns are very good looking and so are maps. It's 9 out of 10, because of story line.
  38. Nov 17, 2013
    While I love this game, I am not going to just give it a 10 because there are some problems. That being said, I think the new direction is great. Really it's probably more of an 8.5, but I gave it a 9 to round up.

Single Player: The gameplay is a little disjointed, but when the action is happening its a blast. Some of the earlier levels just start out slow. The style of play is drastically different than games like COD or even the old KZ games so when you approach this game do so with an open mind. I think a lot of reviewer did not find what they expected and so the game got lower scores. This game is not an all out war, but instead you are usually fighting through small bands of enemies and then you may have some downtime before you encounter the next group. The thing is, the enemy waves are hard and you have to use some strategy to really be successful. One thing that holds it back though is the fact that you can use the OWL to revive. Yes there is a limit on how many times you can do this, but because of the adrenaline rush that you get that slows down the battle, you can usually use the adrenaline, pass the part you had trouble with, and move on to find more adrenaline packs. The difficulty is high though so it doesn't take away too much, but I feel it is a little too forgiving.

The single player has great quality and varied environments and gameplay. Probably the best way to describe it is like a really good independent movie. Parts really shine, and outshine the Hollywood films by a great measure, but some things should have been cut and some things should have been approached a little differently. Ultimately at the heart there is a great game, but it takes a little patience at parts.

Multiplayer is great, I'm not going to write more about it but just to say its really fun, but probably will not keep you interested as long as a game like BF4.
  39. Nov 19, 2013
    This Killzone feels so much different from the last three. It will be known as one of the best FPS games of this generation, even though it's less than a week old. The story isn't its strongest asset, but this game is great.
  40. Nov 16, 2013
    I bought 5 games with my PS4, but I haven't been able to stop playing Killzone yet! The game is addictively awesome.

The game does not do much to reinvent the genre, and some of the things they try in the single player campaign are hit or miss. But overall, the single player campaign is much better than in shooters like COD or Battlefield. The pacing of the last three levels seemed to drag on a little... but they may be because I hopped into the online multiplayer and mostly just wanted to get back to it. It was in these later levels that the developers deviated from the core gameplay concepts a bit as well. While this worked well in most areas, one level in particular felt like more of a chore because of it.

The core multiplayer has not changed much at all from Killzone 2 and 3 in terms of game modes. However the excellent map designs and faster gameplay make this the funnest go around yet! Warzones are just as addictive as ever and the customization choices provide plenty of variety from the very beginning. The challenge system provides another level of addictiveness to the metagame as you progress for challenge completion in addition to the mission objectives.

In a time when COD and Battlefield still manage to rate 9.0+ simply on the strength of their online modes, Killzone: Shadow Fall easily ranks up there at the top. The single player is not perfect, but it is better than most... and looks absolutely gorgeous. The multiplayer looks just as good and feels even better. Anyone that owns a PS4 should be playing this game.
  41. Nov 16, 2013
    This game does what a launch title should do: Show off its graphics and technology, show off the way a next generation game controls, give us next generation multiplayer and deliver a new experience. It fall short in certain scripted sequences that lead to lots of cheap deaths, but in the end its an amazing experience. The story is fun, the game play well executed,graphics gorgeous andThis game does what a launch title should do: Show off its graphics and technology, show off the way a next generation game controls, give us next generation multiplayer and deliver a new experience. It fall short in certain scripted sequences that lead to lots of cheap deaths, but in the end its an amazing experience. The story is fun, the game play well executed,graphics gorgeous and multiplayer awesome. This is an excellent game to be for your first PS4 game. Buy it!!! Expand
  42. Nov 15, 2013
    Important to remember that for both Sony and Microsoft exclusives at launch you will have petty, pathetic fanboys from the other side posting 0s. So for both sets of games, imagine the user score to be about .5 higher than it is as shown.
  43. Nov 16, 2013
    This isn't the "same old Killzone" despite what some reviews might lead you to believe. Unlike the previous game's corridor-like structure, Shadow Fall is much more open levels will often have multiple missions don't need to be completed in order, giving the world a more sprawling feel. Another new addition is OWL, an automated drone assistant that reacts to your commands helping withThis isn't the "same old Killzone" despite what some reviews might lead you to believe. Unlike the previous game's corridor-like structure, Shadow Fall is much more open levels will often have multiple missions don't need to be completed in order, giving the world a more sprawling feel. Another new addition is OWL, an automated drone assistant that reacts to your commands helping with both combat and traversal.

As a PS4 launch title, you can expect the graphics to be impressive, and they are. As a PC gamer, I can tell you taht the game looks pretty amazing on par or beyond anything on PC at the moment. Little touches like the dust floating in a darkened room catching the light from muzzle bursts, and the intricate detail put in to textures like the floor and tree bark really help the game shine. The overall atmosphere is phenomenal an abandoned space station level, for example, complete with zero-g sections, felt like it could have been pulled from Dead Space.

It's main, fault, in my opinion, is the plot, which makes little sense and is more of a means to an end that end being a diverse array of locales to sneak and/or blast your way through. As a launch title, this is the most "Next Gen" of the bunch. If you're a fan of well crafted FPS gameplay that tries a few new things, striking visuals and interesting level design, Shadow Fall should satisfy and give you a taste of what your new console is capable of.
  44. Nov 17, 2013
    Killzone Shadow fall is entitled to be the killer app for the ps4 launch, and the new generation of consoles; and i must say that the game passes the test quite easily. Far from the strict linearity we are used to on FPS (call of, battlefield and previous Killzone episodes amongst others), shadow fall enables the player to impose his own gaming rhythm, whether you want to play the "tank"Killzone Shadow fall is entitled to be the killer app for the ps4 launch, and the new generation of consoles; and i must say that the game passes the test quite easily. Far from the strict linearity we are used to on FPS (call of, battlefield and previous Killzone episodes amongst others), shadow fall enables the player to impose his own gaming rhythm, whether you want to play the "tank" or be the "infiltrator" type, you can evolve in this game as you wish. You can even miss so much elements if you rush too much because here every thing isn't emphasized with a cinematic (meaning scripts) in order to hide the lacks in a strong scenario with 2 or 3 explosions to build an illusion of a storyline and arouse feelings; in Shadow fall you will see (and hear) but only if you are willing too to so; i love spending time staying at listening to conversations between enemies before slaying them remaining unnoticed, or staring at the beauty of some landscape, the sounds and musics are so great that all these details bring a real immersion to the player. Everything is meant to be bigger than ever before (for the franchise) and does it very well. The only regrets would be the disappearance of the Coop and the Operations modes (for now but maybe with the free DLCs announced). But everything else has really been evolved to a higher new level. This is a turning point for Killzone and i'm glad i'm a part of this trip. Expand
  45. Nov 17, 2013
    Jogo dinâmico, inovado. Melhores gráficos da nova geração além de ser melhor que o call of dutty ghost, a Sony caprichou investiu muito neste titulo, por isso minha nota.
  46. Nov 17, 2013
    I love this game! Nice next gen graphics solid fun multiplayer! Weight of the gun and speed of movement is nicely balanced.. Single player is ok but kinda starts off dull.. Still I like this game. Better than COD..
  47. Nov 22, 2013
    Really enjoyed KillZone Shadow Fall.

I wouldn't consider it to be breaking any new ground, but there is some great fun to be had in the single player campaign. Some sections become tedious and a chore, but overall the game really enters the next generation on a high. Some seriously amazing graphical effects throughout but broken down by some last generation areas. Overall I really
    Really enjoyed KillZone Shadow Fall.

Overall I really enjoyed the more open world feel of the level design and picking and choosing where to hide or who to kill rather than the linearity you find in most other FPS right now.
  48. Nov 20, 2013
    This Game is great it plays really fluid and offers you many ways to play. I loved that it took a turn away of other Killzone's red and grey environments and settled with the futuristic colorful environment that takes full use of next gen. The levels are huge and the game is filled with exploration. In some cases the words didn't match the characters lips but it will pass because of theThis Game is great it plays really fluid and offers you many ways to play. I loved that it took a turn away of other Killzone's red and grey environments and settled with the futuristic colorful environment that takes full use of next gen. The levels are huge and the game is filled with exploration. In some cases the words didn't match the characters lips but it will pass because of the great graphics. The gameplay is greatly changed also. They got rid off go there kill people then go another place and kill them and added deep exploration and attention to detail. Guerrilla games also added a stealth aspect to the game which is really great but takes skill to master clearing an entire place using stealth. The biggest gaming feature is the OWL oh man how amazing it is it adds lots of richer gameplay like thinking of tactic zip lining over someone or stunning someone to knife kill him, yet it all works so fluid using the DualShock 4's touchpad. The story began greatly with great hype and interest but after all that hype you expect a great finale which is not that game offered. Finally there is the great multiplayer, all the professional reviewers said it has a bad campaign but paid no attention to the multiplayer orthe warzones and how great it all works together. So this is an amazing game that I recommend to anyone who has a PS4. Expand
  49. Nov 21, 2013
    A technically impressive shooter with an amazing sense of scale that could not have been possible on the previous gen consoles.

Besides a few instances of jank and cringe-worthy quick time events, the game throws in some very interesting game-play variations that come at a desirable pace. The story is interesting yet mediocre, but overall, it was still enjoyable and I definitely had an interest in finding out what was going to happen next. The length of the game is on the longer side, but it was totally acceptable because non of the content felt like filler.

Graphics and sound are top notch for a launch title in my opinion. The draw distances and it's 1080p native texture sharpness make for some very sweet candy for your eyes to gobble up. Each chapter manages to change the landscape considerably, and I have to say; that experiencing the level design and attention to detail was my favorite part of the game. Frame rate was quite uniform and felt as if it hovered between 40fps and 60fps.

The shooting mechanics are fine and the guns behave fairly well. I did think that the OWL drone control scheme was a bit odd, and I found myself only using one or two of it's abilities throughout the whole game.

Beginners to first person shooters will probably find the difficulty a bit high, even on the easiest setting. It feels like it has been bumped up due to the seemingly overpowered OWL. I would have preferred if the OWL abilities were a bit more balanced and did not affect the tide of battle as much as they do. The enemy AI is not astonishing, but they did offer some challenge and unpredictability.

Overall, I would recommend Killzone Shadow Fall to any fan of futuristic Sci-Fi first person shooters, and it's leaps and bounds better than the previous entry of the series. The devs have have crafted an amazing world, and I'm sure that the majority of the places (and methods) that I had traversed in the game will stick in my memory for a long time.

NOTE: I have not played multi-player. This score and review is completely based on my single player campaign experience.

Later folks!

ElbowRocket out.
  50. Nov 22, 2013
    Hello, everyone. I just finished the KZ SF on hardest diff. And I am torn a part by how different it is compare to KZ2/KZ3. It feels like they mainstreamed it way to much. On other hand it has Great visuals and sounds as usual and some fun new elements in gameplay like zero gravity and ur own bot, plus open world kind concept in missions. I do miss the heavy feel of movement from previousHello, everyone. I just finished the KZ SF on hardest diff. And I am torn a part by how different it is compare to KZ2/KZ3. It feels like they mainstreamed it way to much. On other hand it has Great visuals and sounds as usual and some fun new elements in gameplay like zero gravity and ur own bot, plus open world kind concept in missions. I do miss the heavy feel of movement from previous games that gave this game something special like more real feel if you may say. Ok. Single player is not bad not great it is in the middle. Multiplayer from what I experienced so far does feel more fun, fast, responsive and looking great. Plus as far as I know you can create your own rules for matches which is always good. My verdict is if u r KZ fan you already bought this game and if u not maybe wait until price drop. I rate this game solid 8!
    P.S.
    Dev. took out diff. Lang. Options that was present in previous KZ. But at least promised free maps for multiplayer!
  51. Jan 28, 2014
    MULTIPLAYER:
    MULTIPLAYER:
    Probably one of the best multiplayer games I've ever played. I could rave for hours (er, minutes). It feels incredibly balanced due to all weapons and abilities being available from the start, but there is enough reward through unlockable attachments and 1,500+ challenges that keep the addiction level high. Playing as each of the game's three classes is never tiresome and always engaging regardless of which I choose. This can be attributed to the great set of abilities each class posses that at times can feel like you're on a Call of Duty killstreak with the drones, turrets, missiles, and air-support that is instantly available to you.

Teamwork is a big factor in the outcome of matches, depending on which mode you're playing, but the core mechanics of what each player should be doing are clear enough that voice chat is not at all a necessity to do well. Map design is great and makes it so you are basically never getting kills by running around in circles shooting people in the back like in Call of Duty. The firefights are very deliberate and often volley between two fronts, offering up some hectic battles and intensely risky behind-enemy-lines tactics. Uh...yeah, it's great!

CAMPAIGN:

Because the older Killzone games didn't really aspire to much aside from loud guns and slick graphics (namely 2 and 3), they end up being solid, albiet unambitious, shooters. I consider the original trilogy to be an incredible set of games that doesn't do much, but does it all with a raw simplicity and challenge that hits the spot. They are why I was super anxious to get my hands on Killzone: Shadow Fall.

With a new console, however, another formulaic entry to the series just wouldn't cut it, especially with a game that spearheads the system launch. Thankfully, Guerrilla games decided to tinker with the core-Killzone mechanics and give players something new. Shadow Fall takes you out of the boots of the frontline grunts of the previous games and throws the player into the role of a Shadow Marshall, a kind of lone-wolf spec ops soldier with a slew of gadgets and abilities to help get each mission done. Not only that, but the levels were to be such that the player could engage the enemy on their own terms, without be pushed along by squadmates as you would before.

In theory, it all sounded great to me, but in practice, there's something amiss. Well, not any one thing in particular, but many many little things. Guerrilla seems out of their element, and each new gameplay element introduced over the course of the campaign yields a series of small missteps. And...I don't wanna type anymore. List time!

Pros:
    - Nice graphics
    - Very balanced multiplayer with good map design, unique abilities and upgrades
    - Gun controls are ultra-responsive
    - The OWL drone is cool when it works
    - The Spoor gun is designed very well

Cons:
    - OWL drone is very temperamental about when it will work and is thus very unreliable
    - Can't hear anything anyone is saying, even with the music and SFX turned down..have to use sub-titiles
    - Lots of rocks, poles, chairs, and other pointless things in the environment to get stuck on
    - Overall amount of gun combat is relatively low
    - Too many dark levels, all without a flashlight
    - "Stealth" mission paths that can't be completed with stealth
    - "Simon says" -type "do-what-I-say-or-die" levels with Echo, even though she is hot
    - Some very poor pacing in the campaign make for some agonizingly drawn out pointless scenes
    - Music is noticeably absent in many parts of the campaign, and doesn't contribute much to the overall atmosphere when present
    - D-pad can be unresponsive in multiplayer
  52. Jan 12, 2014
    Pretty solid singleplayer campaign and great multiplayer. Gunplay is excellent. I appreciate the longevity of the singleplayer campaign which is very rare in FPS world. Graphics are outstanding and probably the best looking launch game to date.
  53. Feb 22, 2014
    Good long campaign picks 30 years after killzone 3 has great reply value fun multiplayer GREAT launch title for the PS4 better than call of duty,battlefield 4 highly suggest it.
  54. May 11, 2014
    I have 12 games on my PS4(Including COD: Ghosts, I have BF4 on PC), and the the 4 games that are always constantly being played are NFS: Most Wanted, Strider, Resogun, and Killzone: Shadow Fall. I'm a PC gamer so I'm used to awesome graphics, so Killzone surprised me a bit because it looks almost identical to Crysis 3. The lighting and textures and especially the lens flares. The game isI have 12 games on my PS4(Including COD: Ghosts, I have BF4 on PC), and the the 4 games that are always constantly being played are NFS: Most Wanted, Strider, Resogun, and Killzone: Shadow Fall. I'm a PC gamer so I'm used to awesome graphics, so Killzone surprised me a bit because it looks almost identical to Crysis 3. The lighting and textures and especially the lens flares. The game is very different from Crysis 3 though. In some cases I would say Killzone is better graphically, which is pretty amazing.

Single Player- So this game definitely has the graphics. But does it have the gameplay? Yes it does. From BF4 to COD: Ghosts, I started playing the single player campaign and eventually after a few chapters I quit playing. It was just too boring and not fun at all. There is nothing to challenge you in those games. It's just "Shoot this guy", "Now shoot that guy". Killzone is some of that too(but a lot prettier) but you also get a bot to use in different ways which definitely spices up game play a lot(using the bot helps A LOT) and you also play a bit stealthy sometimes which I LOVE. I just wish they used more of it. So I fully completed the SP, and I plan to play the SP again on Medium. I played it first on hard but it was almost TOO hard to enjoy sometimes. I recommend playing on Medium. The SP actually gets you thinking, and you must die a few times to actually develop new schemes to try and complete the objective. I also absolutely LOVED the final chapter of the game, it's a completely stealth chapter but I won't give away the objective as it's an AWESOME objective too and a GREAT ending to a really fun single player campaign.

Multiplayer- The MP of Killzone is a good bit different from BF4 and COD: Ghosts. And I find my self enjoying it a lot. In BF4 and COD, I find that you die so fast in those games(especially COD). It's like a bunch of people running around like headless chickens(which can be fun sometimes, I play both BF4 and COD: Ghosts). But Killzone is a bit more than that. For one you have all sorts of different devices such as shields and bots, which if you take good advantage of them they help you a lot. None of the guns are really that OP, and with a normal Assault Rifle it takes a good while to kill someone. You'd have to keep hitting them straight on for about 2 seconds to kill them and a lot more than that if your only landing every other shot. Being that it's a lot harder for you to die, I think that makes the game more about skill than just fast reflex's. Keep in mind I'm good at both COD and BF4, with a greater than 1 K/D ratio in both, and I like both of those games, but I also like Killzone's MP, and I find myself playing a lot of it. Is it better? No, but it's different so you can't really directly compare.

Negatives about the game- One definite negative is that the multiplayer portion of the game only runs at 960x1080p. Which is about 10% more pixels than 1280x720p. So at least it's not 720p. But I really wish it were at least 1600x900p. Because you CAN for SURE tell the difference between how CRISP single player looks and how multi player looks a LITTLE blurry. So this is somewhat of a big deal for me. Most XBox fans think pixels don't matter at all, I BEG TO DIFFER cause it's obvious to me and I can't stand anything under 1600x900. But they way they made it 960x1080, they did it very smartly, so it doesn't look all that bad but it is a negative for sure. And the only negative I can really gripe about because I love the game. You may not be able to tell if you watch a youtube video of this, but if your playing in front of your 60 inch screen like I am, the difference is almost night and day to an everyday gamer.

I wasn't expecting much from KZ: Shadow Fall. But it did impress me. I got this game in a bundle for my PS4 so it's not like I was really wanting it. But I'm glad I got it cause it's constantly inside my PS4 being played.

Overall I think this games an 8.5/10, but because some people are giving it a 0, I'm giving it a 10.

Whoever gives this game less than a 6 or 7, simply don't know what a TRULY good game is.
  55. Mar 21, 2014
    Killzone is such an underrated shooter game, this is much better than COD Ghosts in my opinion. The game loads incredibly fast, even faster than COD or Battlefield, and the campaign, while the story isn't perfect, it's very challenging and killing Helghasts has never been more fun. Multiplayer is what makes this game good though. It has its learning curves but once you get it, it's a funKillzone is such an underrated shooter game, this is much better than COD Ghosts in my opinion. The game loads incredibly fast, even faster than COD or Battlefield, and the campaign, while the story isn't perfect, it's very challenging and killing Helghasts has never been more fun. Multiplayer is what makes this game good though. It has its learning curves but once you get it, it's a fun multiplayer game Expand
  56. Nov 16, 2013
    AMAZING GAME! Superb level design with lots of platforming elements... also you play the game how you want to play it as the single player is non-linear.

MP is the best thing about the game and it is probably the 2nd best multiplayer out there (second to BF4 on PS4)
  57. Nov 15, 2013
    This game proved to me that there is in fact a noticeable difference b/w native 1080p and upscaled 1080p. The graphics are just that clean. It's not fair to compare this to BF4 or Ghost because it's a bit more involved as far as objectives are concerned. It took a bit ton actually get a hold of a gun. The graphics overall aren't perfect, but it shows the extremely high potential for theThis game proved to me that there is in fact a noticeable difference b/w native 1080p and upscaled 1080p. The graphics are just that clean. It's not fair to compare this to BF4 or Ghost because it's a bit more involved as far as objectives are concerned. It took a bit ton actually get a hold of a gun. The graphics overall aren't perfect, but it shows the extremely high potential for the PS4 and this is day 1. Expand
  58. Nov 16, 2013
    This is the best Killzone so far, even better than Killzone 2. The MP great from the start. They give you all the weapons right from the start. There are several game modes that are combined into one match in classic Killzone style. There is NO aim assist, which is a huge bonus in my opinion. If you see someone complain about the controls, this is likely the reason. The 3 classes areThis is the best Killzone so far, even better than Killzone 2. The MP great from the start. They give you all the weapons right from the start. There are several game modes that are combined into one match in classic Killzone style. There is NO aim assist, which is a huge bonus in my opinion. If you see someone complain about the controls, this is likely the reason. The 3 classes are balanced surprisingly well, and there is not a bad ability in the bunch. Guns feel and look way cooler than COD and Battlefield. Pistols aren't complete garbage. There's a ton of challenges and unlockables. Maps have plenty of routes and bases are very difficult to camp. Of all the launch games this one runs the best (search around if you don't believe me), and looks better than most games do on my $1,200 PC. I am still in shock at how good this game turned out. Any shooter fan needs to give it a try. Expand
  59. Nov 16, 2013
    I know I didn't buy this game, but I feel excited to get it! I've seen from the Youtube videos and admired the brilliant visuals, graphics, and epic storyline. At the end, when the player encounters Jorhan Stahl on a chair within his base, his appearance humorously resembles that of the God-Emperor of Mankind and his Golden Throne from Warhammer 40k. I just hope everyone can buy the gameI know I didn't buy this game, but I feel excited to get it! I've seen from the Youtube videos and admired the brilliant visuals, graphics, and epic storyline. At the end, when the player encounters Jorhan Stahl on a chair within his base, his appearance humorously resembles that of the God-Emperor of Mankind and his Golden Throne from Warhammer 40k. I just hope everyone can buy the game and enjoy it! It will be fun! Expand
  60. Nov 15, 2013
    Its and amazing launch title for the playstation 4, simply beautiful and smooth and a great game if you are bored of the normal fps out there now a days.
  61. Nov 16, 2013
    By far the best looking next gen title on any platform which sets an earlt benchmark for graphical fidelity and a solid shooter that is maybe a little generic.
  62. Nov 16, 2013
    So I was super nervous to get this game as my launch title over the other shooters, needless to say after sufficient time I made the right choice, First off as all reviews will tell you this game is gorgeous plain and simple, itll make your friends jealous of that gorgeous black box. So generally the campaign is a good time, big maps lots of choices in how to deal with your mission etc,So I was super nervous to get this game as my launch title over the other shooters, needless to say after sufficient time I made the right choice, First off as all reviews will tell you this game is gorgeous plain and simple, itll make your friends jealous of that gorgeous black box. So generally the campaign is a good time, big maps lots of choices in how to deal with your mission etc, The dialogue is definitely meh, I can understand where they downgrade Killzone's story due to it but thats just it, the story itself is interesting and way more compelling then prior installments so even with the duller moments of dialogue youre still intrigued. Now to the beef of this game, it's multiplayer. After non-stop hours of playing since launch let me tell you the multiplayer has never been better!!! It's so addicting! I have BF4 on my pc and I havent bought CoD since MW2 and I was an avid halo and gears player but Killzone has officially swept in and will be taking up all my time for multiplayer fps, minus the obvious neverending counterstrike play intermixed. Expand
  63. Nov 18, 2013
    This new KZ feels very different from the other, it still features amazing visuals, but very colorful at times, and lots of different settings in the environement with that whole city divided, alternating sandbox type of gameplay and more path driven parts. I think it's a must have for every PS4 owner even if you are not that high on shooters.
  64. Dec 6, 2013
    Killzone shadow fall is a good game for the PS4 that actually makes use of the touchpad. Unfortunately there are some minor annoyances that keep the game from being great.

The storyline is pretty good and the first thing you'll probably notice are the gorgeous graphics. Gameplay is great too never experiencing any problems. The touchpad is only used as another D-pad to control OWl, your robot companion, in the game. While it wouldn't be that bad that the touchpad is only used as another D-pad, the problem is that OWL is pretty much useless. You can get him to do only four things but throughout the game you'll forget to use OWL unless you need him to hack a console.You can't do anything while your sending it out, not even be running, which adds another reason why you wouldn't want to use OWL in this fast paced action game but then it also gets bad that the devs force you to use OWL when up against super shielded enemies. You can either waste a couple of clips taking out a shield of one of those heavily shielded enemies or use OWL to take out their shield. While it may sound that OWL may actually be useful, the attack OWL uses only works on a small area. So while your waiting for OWL to take out the shield of 1 of those heavily shielded enemies, you still have to worry about the other 4 or 5 that are trying to take you down.

The multiplayer in the game plays really well. Not once did I have any connection issues. The game modes are fun too and I was more into the first game mode which is the basic one. Your in a team and go rounds playing random game matches like team deathmatch, then it whoever wins next round might be capture and hold and so on. You got different loadouts so you can experiment and see which one you like. Unlike Battlefield 4 and CoD though you won't find much when it comes to unlockables. If you chose to play the regular assault, like I did, you'll find that all the primary weapons are unlocked. You can unlock only 3 shotguns if you want and unlock all the abilities right away. About the only depth in unlockables is trying to level up your abilities, those that can level up at least, but when it came to assault I found I really only wanted to level up the little droid that has your back since the level up only makes it so your abilities last longer and you only have a handful of abilities. Not much to do in the customization option but the multiplayer gameplay was fun in itself that it might make you want to just jump and start playing.

Overall I think the game is pretty good for a launch title to show off the PS4 capabilities and what really pops out are those graphics. I just can't describe how much better looking this game is compared to a PS3 game. I would definitely recommend this as a launch title buy if you want a fun game that also makes good use of the PS4 capabilities.
  65. Nov 18, 2013
    I just got this game Killzone Shadow Fall im 7 hours in and i really really like the game. This game is really good, i was a little worried because of all the low reviews but actually after playing the game i like it a lot. Dont listen to the review sites out there this game is awesome.
  66. Nov 18, 2013
    Theres no doubt about it; Killzone: Shadow Fall is by far the most visually stunning and pretty launch game on the Playstation 4 and by extension the Xbox One also. It's a solid shooter with tight controls, a less cumbersome feel than any of the previous Killzone games and also a fun multiplayer that is a viable alternative to other launch FPS's CoD:Ghosts and Battlefield 4.

For

For whatever reason, so called "video game journalists" or as they would have you believe "experts", have this gripe with Killzone that boils down simply to the lack of innovation or anything primarily new that Shadow Fall brings over any prior FPS released. For the most part, these remarks about Killzone are true and perhaps its only true advancement over any previous console FPS is the gorgeous graphics. But heres the bit that bothers me the most, Call of Duty, the widely successful and hugely popular first person shooter franchise has been at its very core, essentially the same game and its innovations are mainly materialistic and cosmetic rather than anything ever truly revolutionary. Despite this Call of Duty will consistently score very high scores and primarily by the notion that "if it aint broke, don't fix it". So whilst I completely agree that Killzone doesn't necessarily bring anything new to the table, the sheer fact it is penalised for not innovating on past Killzones (or any FPS's for that matter) whilst CoD can be accused of innovating just as little, all whilst maintaining its generally high review scores, is absolutely staggering. I can't help but feel that killzone is perhaps penalised for the sheer fact its a ''next gen" game, rather than on the merits it brings primarily as a video game. Would it have scored higher if it was on PS3? Most probably. Is it worth buying a PS4? Perhaps not. If it was called Call of Duty: Shadow Fall would reviewers have scored it higher? Most likely... Is it a worthwhile and solid shooter that offers you a solid sic-fi esque experience? Yes. If I like shooters and want something my current gen console doesn't already offer should i buy Killzone? Hell yes.

67. Nov 18, 2013
    Ii doubt most of the people that are rating it a 0 even played the game so don't take those reviews seriously.The campaign while beautiful is lacking that Killzone feel. I don't know, I can't put my finger on what it was, but after completing it I honestly can never see myself returning to it. The multiplayer however, is fantastic. They have improved on nearly all of their hallmarkIi doubt most of the people that are rating it a 0 even played the game so don't take those reviews seriously.The campaign while beautiful is lacking that Killzone feel. I don't know, I can't put my finger on what it was, but after completing it I honestly can never see myself returning to it. The multiplayer however, is fantastic. They have improved on nearly all of their hallmark gameplay options and now allow players to create their very own warzones. The maps are awesome and the weapons feel great.
    I love that there is no XP system, instead you complete challenges to unlock abilities and attachments. Which means it's a skill based game, and campers and boosters will get beat handily. With the promise of a co-op survival mode and completely free multiplayer maps, Killzone Shadow Fall should be the go to multiplayer game this year for all you online junkies looking to get a beautiful next-gen game experience on the PS4.
  68. Nov 21, 2013
    For a tech demo of the ps4, this game is amazing. I know most of the kids nowadays aren't used to what usually launches along side a console.(most of the consoles life is figuring out how to make the hardware fit and work, the software comes later which then gets passed on to developers late into the process, making working on a development kit harder for launch games. This is why it takesFor a tech demo of the ps4, this game is amazing. I know most of the kids nowadays aren't used to what usually launches along side a console.(most of the consoles life is figuring out how to make the hardware fit and work, the software comes later which then gets passed on to developers late into the process, making working on a development kit harder for launch games. This is why it takes so long in a consoles life to figure out how to make the best games. Like last of us launching this year instead of a few after the ps3 launches.) This caliber of game just does not come out when a console is born. the graphics are outstanding, not a framrate clip, stutter, skip, whatever. It just flows beautifully from scene to scene, even in the multiplayer warzones where people are joining/quiting non stop.

the campaign is your standard FPS save the world super human style. Its presented in a fashion that isn;t too unknown to any last-gen shooter apocalypse player. lone wolf soldier with minimal assistance takes on hordes of alien attackers in an attempt to help humanity. The cold war aspect with the berlin wall and such give an interesting twist to the narrative. I did not play the previous killzones so it was harder to get a feel for the hatred against the aliens(helgast) who attacked us first, and in the last game we had destroyed their planet. The game does a good job of making you feel for them as to why they'd want to cross the wall and take over the planet. The game doesn't do much to improve anything in terms of FPS gameplay aside from giving you your OWL companion(word to the wise, learn how to use immediately), but what it does do is make everything look fun and gorgeous while you blow stuff up. The difficulty is a bit higher than most FPS on normal but nothing unfair. The game has a nice pace to it with random rail scenarios to break up the tandum. Overall the campaign doesn't shine as say the original modern warfare does, but it's well worth the playh through.

The multiplayer is basic, and honestly I kind of like that. Instead of picking a certain map type, you can join a warzone that can contain anywhere from 1-8 game types. These ranging from deathmatch to headquarter control, to destroying checkpoints. The randomness of these warzones really is what makes the game fun to me. You're always wondering what you'll have to do next and this makes the tactical advantages of certain maps great because they might not be as good depending on what type of match you are in. Things run super smooth and fast, I do feel there are some over powered special abilities but what game doesn't have at least one.

If you;'re buying a ps4 you owe it to yourself to give this game a try, if just for the spectacle of how gorgeous frame by frame it is.
  69. Nov 16, 2013
    This is a must buy game which is loads of fun both the single player which is challenging and online which,the guns feel great and this is a worthy tittle for the ps4 launch.
  70. Nov 15, 2013
    Love it no hand holding proper shooter looks amazing and feels spot control wise.
    The multiplayer is better than ghosts im really enjoying this way more than i expected best in the series.
  71. Nov 15, 2013
    Once again Killzone delivers on a title that gets generally dismissed by the major gaming outlets. It's a convenient scapegoat for what is supposedly wrong with first person shooters, yet once again, Killzone delivers on its promises. The focus has always been on Killzone's multiplayer, and it's one of those few games where gun weight actually matters. Not to mention it's a hard game.Once again Killzone delivers on a title that gets generally dismissed by the major gaming outlets. It's a convenient scapegoat for what is supposedly wrong with first person shooters, yet once again, Killzone delivers on its promises. The focus has always been on Killzone's multiplayer, and it's one of those few games where gun weight actually matters. Not to mention it's a hard game. This is not a title for the COD generation, and perhaps therein lies the problem. Perhaps that is why people like Sessler and Gies are unable to understand this game. It's too difficult for them. Expand
  72. Nov 15, 2013
    Having an absolute blast with this game, it is visually stunning and it is very easy to become immersed in the world. Ive always been a fan of the series despite kz3 being a bit of a let down in my opinion, however it seems Guerrilla Games has turned a corner for the better with this current entry. I thoroughly enjoyed SP however there were 1 or 2 parts which strayed from the fps frameworkHaving an absolute blast with this game, it is visually stunning and it is very easy to become immersed in the world. Ive always been a fan of the series despite kz3 being a bit of a let down in my opinion, however it seems Guerrilla Games has turned a corner for the better with this current entry. I thoroughly enjoyed SP however there were 1 or 2 parts which strayed from the fps framework of the game and attempted to do some platforming.. which might have worked if it was interspersed with some more action. I found SP to be a fun challenge and I loved it when the game gave you the options of how YOU wanted to take down the enemy weather it be Long range with a rifle or stealthily with the knife or just go in guns blazing it is truly what gaming is about for me. The owl gadget is also an impressive and well executed feature of this game and with out him the game might have become a serious grind.

MP is well done with silky smooth 60 fps for the most part. I also love the feeling of the tide of battle changing as groups of soldiers trade fire on either sides of the battlefield, something that isn't seen in other modern day shooters as it only takes 1 or 2 bullets to die in most other games. This game has also brought me right back into sci-fi which is great (the real world can be a drag.)

Bottom line is if your getting a Ps4 this game is a must 9/10.
  73. Nov 25, 2013
    If you want a legit next generation FPS, than this is your game. The graphics are stunning, no aim assist, no campers, no kids talking trash. This game has it all. Free DLC too!
  74. Nov 18, 2013
    The frame rate is a constant 60fps and this really shows in certain levels of the game where your character becomes disoriented by a bomb blast. The running and motion blur in the game also highlights this.

The lighting is the best of any of the PS4 launch titles I have played, including Assassins Creed IV. This includes open flames, light bulbs, gunfire, sunlight, you name it. Small

Small detail is where this game shines. Textures are full and rich. Foliage and grass finally looks realistic, the gameplay in general feels photorealistic. While screenshots of the next gen games for PS4/One may allow nitpickers to find minute flaws or in the extremest case even compare some games to previous gen, you will only be able to experience next generation gaming when you feel the physics and gameplay of the experience.

I don't want to spoil a minute of this game for anyone, so I will say only this. A core game mechanic is a personal drone that is given to you to perform various tasks as well as assist in battle. This adds a whole new level of strategy over some generic FPS.

I may upset some by saying this. While not as groundbreaking as the Halo series was when it hit the market, this title is better and more enjoyable (to me) than Halo 3 and 4. This is coming from someone who plans to buy an Xbox One when Halo 5 is released.

If this is what a launch title looks like, then the PS4 has a solid future ahead of it.
  75. Nov 22, 2013
    Excellent game. The voice acting could be better but the plot is decent and the gameplay is solid. Visuals are fantastic, as to be expected, and the multiplayer is a blast. Overall I give the game an 8, but I'm marking it a ten to help wash out the troll votes, because this really is a must buy for any PS4 owner.
  76. Nov 24, 2013
    Positives:
    Graphics are beautiful
    Multiplayer is a joy ride and one of my favorites this year
    Gameplay is perfect to my means

Negatives:
    Story sucks
  77. Nov 15, 2013
    This game isnt a 10, I gave it this score to offset the idiots who score it a 0. Single Player is honestly average. Guerilla Games arent very good at telling a story, Where this really scores is in the graphics department and MP. Game looks stunning and MP is tight and very customizable. If you are a killzone fan, buy this. If you are new to killzone, get this if you want a solid MP experience.
  78. Nov 16, 2013
    Killzone S.F. is a fantastic game I hated Killzone 1 loved Killzone 2 thought 3 was good but not as good as 2.
    K2 was my favourite mp game too. Right so as you can see, i'm a fan of Killzone but not to the extent that I would lie to promote a game. K: S.F. is beautiful i'm amazed by how gorgeous it looks, anyone who says otherwise is lying full stop The gameplay is pure Killzone but a little faster lighter. It also gives you a lot more freedom of choice the corridor gameplay of old has not been eradicated but there are more open environments to explore and traverse using various tactics. The OWL is genius it changes the experience completely for me in a positive way. Killzone is not perfect the A.I. misfires from time to time and the m.p. could do with a twist a game changing update maybe but it is still awesome. An improvement in those areas would give it a 10. I still prefer it over cod (cod4 amazing.. downhill from there). People scoring this game from 0 5 are talking rubbish lying in fact and something should be done to remove their score as it is for obvious motives. How can someone review a game they haven't played Metacritic?? Buy this game it is a beautiful..exciting showcase of what your PS4 is capable of.
  79. Nov 16, 2013
    It's simply the best Killzone game so far. Awesome "blockbuster" campaign! Yes, it's a blockbuster with awesome action sequences, not an adventure game with deep story.

The Multiplayer is the best part of this game and it's gorgeous. Nothing more to say.

Trust your feelings and don't let the reviews guide your judgment
  80. Nov 17, 2013
    It's very good game, great lunch title. Step up for Guerilla games. Graphics so cool, gameplay not bad, script also very interesting. Multiplayer awesome, but this is no level BF4
  81. Nov 15, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. SIngle player is ok hate the kid part in the beginning. Multiplayer is awsome! Way better than COD..
    I think this is a great luanch title. chows off ps4's power and also delivers in great gameplay.
  82. Nov 16, 2013
    This game is so, so much better than it was reviewed. First of all, the campaign is something slightly new. It's not the typical COD formula, and it's actually rather interesting and open-ended. Secondly, and most importantly, the multiplayer is absolutely fantastic. This is the best launch game. It's better than Ghosts, and it's better than BF4. I don't think the reviewers playedThis game is so, so much better than it was reviewed. First of all, the campaign is something slightly new. It's not the typical COD formula, and it's actually rather interesting and open-ended. Secondly, and most importantly, the multiplayer is absolutely fantastic. This is the best launch game. It's better than Ghosts, and it's better than BF4. I don't think the reviewers played multiplayer, and I'm beginning to wonder if they played the same game as me at all. It's also the best looking launch title, which is always a plus on a new system. Expand
  83. Nov 16, 2013
    The visuals in this game are spectacular. Often throughout the campaign I found myself just gazing at the overwhelming detail. This is my first killzone game and I will say it is a breath of fresh air from other fps franchises. The guns feel substantial in your hands, and require a focus to aim lost in twitch shooters. I see this game being my go to fps until destiny comes out.
  84. Nov 15, 2013
    A very well rounded game, brilliant gameplay, visuals, just everything is absolutely stunning. I'm very pleased with Guerilla's performance creating such a glorious masterpiece. Worth absolutely every dollar.
  85. Nov 16, 2013
    The best Killzone yet.

-fun and diversive gameplay
    -wonderfull graphics and physics
    -long campaign
    -multiplayer is fun to play
    -many "innovations" in gameplay
  86. Nov 16, 2013
    This game is amazing.

This game is amazing.

First of all, it is amazingly beautiful. 1080p always make a difference, whatever some might say.The volumetric lights, the shadows, the textures, the particle effects, the explosions, everything is very impressive for a console launch game, not to say gorgeous. Keep in mind that the developpers worked on this game for only two years and a half, and most of the time on an uncomplete hardware.

The framerate is also very good, and I say that as a PC gamer. It never goes under 30fps, but can go way above that. And that can be a little problem if you prefer a stable framerate. Most of the time, it goes up and down between 30 and 45. But it doesn't affect the experience at all, trust me.

The main campaign story is also very good It's not as good as TLOU's story (for example), and by far, but it's still very enjoyable. And compared to the previous Killzone, needless to say it's way better. The characters are also well made (I just LOVE Echo), and their animations (body and face) are very well done. Kudos to Guerrilla for the graphics of this game, it's just amazing.

The musics are very good as well, each side of the wall has it's own musical ambiance. The gunshots also sound amazing, you can hear the echo in each room, and it's never the exact same sound, since the architecture of the room has an influence on it. A small detail, but still impressive.

Personnally, I didn't even rush the campaign, and I finished it on Normal difficulty in about 11 hours. Oh, and by the way, this game can be heard sometimes. Like VERY hard. Not going to spoil anything, but some levels may just make you rage. I personnally liked that, it gave a little old school feeling to the game.

So for the single player mode, it's a 9/10.

And now the multiplayer. First of all, the graphical difference between SP and MP is barely noticeable. Maybe a few particle effects removes, and the volumetric lights aren's as good, but it's still gorgeous. And the framerate is 40-60 fps. Still a bit unstable, but still very smooth.

The Warzone is just perfect, in my opinion. You can literally do whatever you want: choose the amount of players, the rules, the weapons available, etc... And there are TONS of obectives to complete. If I remember well, the exact number is 1500. Quite a lot, if you ask me.

And for the ones who are worrying about the heavy gameplay, it's gone. It's still not as fast as some other FPS, but it's better this way imo: it's just more realistic. You're no Flash Gordon, you actually feel like you have a weight, and a body.

I give the MP a 10/10, because I'm already having a blast playing it. And as for the PSN issues, I didn't get any, same thing for the players I played with or against. Lucky me, I guess.

So, this game is, by far, the best of the series. I liked KZ 2, but KZ SF just send it back to Kindergarten, playing with little rocks.
    I'm going to insist on this, but I'm a PC gamer, and I'm quite used to see beautiful games, but Killzone Shadow Fall is simply gorgeous. It's a very good thing, considering it's a lauch game. I just can't wait to see what the next games will look like, but this is very promising.
    The framerate is smooth, but suffers little drops sometimes, but nothing really bad.

In a nutshell, this game is awesome. Already a must have for every PS4 owner.

Oh, and by the way, don't mind the average score (7.7 when I wrote this review), because a ton of trolls just give it 0s because they can't stand the truth. Probably PC trolls, or Xbox trolls, I don't know, but they're all idiots, regardless of the platform they play on.

Straight 10/10, I really enjoyed myself on this game, and I'm going to enjoy myself even more in the days and weeks to come. Amazing game. Thanks Guerrilla
  87. Nov 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Guerilla nous prouve encore leur maîtrise des FPS en nous donnant un jeu qui a la fois brille par ses graphismes et son gameplay, doté d'un solo nerveux, prenant, immersif, doté d'une mise en scène a tomber par terre, d'animations qui ne font plus que frisé a perfection mais qui la surpasse. La bande-son est digne d'un film hollywoodien et est surtout très varié que l'on soit du côté ISA ou du côté Helghast la bande-son vous prendra de force dans ce monde, la mise en scène vous immobilisera, le gameplay vous fera tenir la manette et les graphismes feront que vos yeux seront diriger en permanence sur ce spectacle.

Killzone adopte un scenario plus mature et reflechis que la plupart des FPS annuel qui se contentent de vous dire "nous gentils, tuer mechants", bien loin de cet esprit cette fois il n'y a ni vrai gentil, ni vrai mechants, et le joueur sera ammener a reflechir sur ce conflit et sur l'histoire de cette guerre.

Le multi n'en demeure pas delaisser le moins du monde, tout aussi prenant, encore plus nerveux et jouissif avec des parties a 24 joueurs en 60 fps, ont retrouve le mode zone de guerre qui est franchement une tuerie, 10 cartes toujours aussi travaillés sont disponibles mais grosse surprise des cartes multi seront accessible gratuitement dans les prochains mois Preparez vous donc a passer des dizaines d'heures sur ce multi qui roxx du poney.

La conclusion c'est qu'on a bien a faire au meilleur Killzone developper par Guerilla, une pure tuerie.
  88. Nov 16, 2013
    Greatness game! Extremely fun, gorgeous, and competitive. The multiplayer is by far the best in the series and the campaign is challenging without being frustrating. This will be the best launch exclusive this gen. The fact that xbone funded web critics are shooting low blows points to the worry that they've got nothing better for launch. Again Great game, Guerilla knows how to do it.
  89. Nov 25, 2013
    Best shooter at the moment. A perfect mix of solid gameplay and perfect graphics.

Also it has a long history, it's replayable and very hard with the 'hard' difficulty. And I love the Dron!! :D

Recommended!!!
  90. Nov 17, 2013
    Just played the game after frustration with BF4 servers and all I can say is that this game doesn't look like anything innovative to say the least. The game actually feels kinda dull however this does not mean it is bad. For those of you who have never played a Killzone title, this game is a must buy if you get the PS4 because this game offers an interesting mix of common modern shootersJust played the game after frustration with BF4 servers and all I can say is that this game doesn't look like anything innovative to say the least. The game actually feels kinda dull however this does not mean it is bad. For those of you who have never played a Killzone title, this game is a must buy if you get the PS4 because this game offers an interesting mix of common modern shooters and sci fi shooters.

Campaign
    Killzone: Shadow Fall takes place 30 years after the events of KZ 3 and Vekta city is divided. The story reminds the player immediately of a cold war esque story between good and evil however if you watch the trailers, you will delve deeper into a twisted story of corruption and lies. As a noob of the Killzone series I immedeatly played hard mode and noticed no difficulty in killing my foes however this may be just for the few starting levels. I hope that is ineed the case.

Campaign Rating: 8/10

Multiplayer

I am not sure if I am somehow very good at Killzone or if everyone is just really bad at the multiplayer but either way I got a lot of fun out of the multiplayer as I really loved the gameplay in the trailers. I highly recommend newbies to the franchise to try out fighting bots or going to one of the low level Warzones. The elephant in the room (As said by TotalBiscuit almost in every video) that I think the critics are getting attacked by fans of the Playstation is that the game offers no innovation in anyway when it comes to multiplayer. It's true. Critics are right that the game has no innovation with game modes I mean for crying out loud, is search and destroy in every game now including Battlefield 4? They aren't right though that the multiplayer. It still remains a fun thing to go on after playing the campaign for a bit.

MP Rating 7/10

I left the PS3 in 2009 but never played a single KZ so this was my first and I have to say that this game is very fun and I highly recommend people in my shoes do the same.

Final Verdict: 8/10 Yes you should buy this game.
  91. Nov 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great shooter, great environments, awesome multiplayer. Not sure why this didn't review higher with critics. I think people expect a huge leap in this generation's consoles, but it never ever works out that way. This is a solid start to a more powerful console. Expand
  92. Nov 21, 2013
    This game is a visual orgasm. The story is meh, but still much stronger and longer that the other shooters on the market. I've played all the killzones and I love the new feel to the controls and character. It's smooth, fast and frame rate is awesome. Multiplayer surprised me a lot, nothing new really...but the levels are well designed, the use of the gagets per the classes apply well toThis game is a visual orgasm. The story is meh, but still much stronger and longer that the other shooters on the market. I've played all the killzones and I love the new feel to the controls and character. It's smooth, fast and frame rate is awesome. Multiplayer surprised me a lot, nothing new really...but the levels are well designed, the use of the gagets per the classes apply well to gameplay and again, the visuals are so stunning it brings you into another dimension of gameplay. Bravo Guerrilla, bravo. Expand
  93. Nov 22, 2013
    Beautifullest game of the next game

Strong gameplay

More ten hours of game

Multiplayers really exciting

Even the story is interesting

The perfect game for the launch
  94. Nov 20, 2013
    Excellent game with good graphics, good sound, better than average gameplay which has few tricks to it, and Killzone's multiplayer mode(s) from the previous titles in the series. Ability to approach certain situations differently gives the game some replayability but at the same time the plot of the game is bit disconnected from the rest of the series even for the fans of the KillzoneExcellent game with good graphics, good sound, better than average gameplay which has few tricks to it, and Killzone's multiplayer mode(s) from the previous titles in the series. Ability to approach certain situations differently gives the game some replayability but at the same time the plot of the game is bit disconnected from the rest of the series even for the fans of the Killzone series. Some moments in single-player campaign can be frustrating if you've never played a Killzone game before. Map design is little bit like in Crysis 2 where you have 2-3 ways to approach things. However most of the time it turns into just basic corridor shooting. AI opponents do their job well. Overall a good launch title. Expand
  95. Nov 22, 2013
    This is truly next gen I bought this as my launch title just to show the power of the Ps4 it certainly does that Here is my huge problem with the game Save points are so bad If you plan on sitting down to play you better dedicate 1-2 hours the game saves on chapters! The game is gorgeous controls perfect in my book story is so so.... Good launch title though
  96. Nov 23, 2013
    When I show off what the ps4 can do, I put this in before battlefield or rivals. The campaign is a science fiction dream and I had to focus not to die in combat as I was in awe of the environments. The story is lacking and the enemies aren't varied enough but the gunplay is tight and the owl is a great way to use the touchpad in shooters. The multiplayer is fun and different but anyWhen I show off what the ps4 can do, I put this in before battlefield or rivals. The campaign is a science fiction dream and I had to focus not to die in combat as I was in awe of the environments. The story is lacking and the enemies aren't varied enough but the gunplay is tight and the owl is a great way to use the touchpad in shooters. The multiplayer is fun and different but any lack of ranking or customization besides unlocks brought down the time I would've spent with it. The atmosphere and feel of the world is what makes it a must buy for me and shows promise of a bright future for ps4. Expand
  97. Dec 21, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have played both Killzone two and three when I had the ps3 and Killzone Shadowfall can be known as improvement to this shooter franchise. The game first of all is really beautiful especially in the introduction of some missions. The game story is what kind of brought my marks down, the story was not boring or uninteresting or difficult to keep up with it was just the fact that I could see a lot of opportunity's for the single player to be better. the main character is Vektan while your enemy's are Helgans. I always think of Helgans as the good guys in Killzone because of their back story which is actually reflected a lot in this games story. now a spoiler which is my reason behind this is because in one mission of the game you actually play as a Helgan on a stealth mission. I loved this mission and I wished is there were more missions like this cause as the Helgan you had a invisibility cloak that made it more fun. The use of the owl was a interesting feature with the touch pad which I would like to see similar integration in other video games. the combat in Killzone seems the same as ever with a few tweaks. I do miss the use of Co-Op in the two previous games that myself and my best friend use to enjoy. The multiplayer I feel has improved gamplay wise and me and my friends have been enjoying since we got the PS4. I have not when playing this game suffered glitches and so that ends my review. Expand
  98. Nov 19, 2013
    Such an awesome game. I'm already on my second playthrough. The gameplay is so much fun. The graphics are the best ever in a game (unless you have a 4K TV, not even Metro Last Light or Crysis 3 on 1440p ultra settings looks better).

The really impressive thing is that the gameplay is Shadow Fall's strong point, not the graphics. Not only is the shooting amazing, it's so good that it doesn't even have auto aim in it because of how good it feels. The OWL and tactical echo allow you to carefully plan how you want to play as do the much larger and more open levels.

The story is great. It's very intriguing and more relatable than past Killzones. Believe it or not, this game does make you think about your own morality. It's not just a bro shooter like CoD or BF4.

The setting is absolutely incredible. From the dark and atmospheric slums of New Helghan, to the absolutely gorgeous Vekta City. Plus there are some surprise locations along the way including a trip to a VSA battle cruiser near their sun.

The multiplayer is back and better than ever. It's fast paced and balanced and unlike CoD or BF4, it actually rewards the skilled players instead of holding noobs hands. Also, there is no XP system, and all weapons are unlocked from the start. The Custom Warzones add in an interesting element as well and will provide so much replayability to this game. Unlike in CoD, anybody with the game can join, not just friends, and unlike BF4, you don't need to pay a fortune to make a custom server. Don't like dealing with certain weapons and abilities? Make a warzone that excludes them. It's as simple as that. Also, Shadow Fall does use dedicated servers.

Overall, my only complaint is that the game doesn't have an option to swap the analog sticks for players like me who learned to play FPS's on N64, and therefore need to aim with the left stick, not the right. Though I did contact GG on twitter, 3 of them said they're looking into adding it so hopefully they fix that.
  99. Nov 19, 2013
    Killzone Shadow Fall is like a science fiction anti manicheism game with some Far Cry 3's fun gameplay. Gorgous graphic, addictive multiplayer. Better than the previous Killzone by far.
  100. Nov 19, 2013
    if your all about graphics than this is the game for you, but if your more of the person that cares about the gameplay than its a maybe. If you ask someone like me than i give it an 8 all around only because i am a big killzone fan but you dont care about that, you just want to know how the game is. I approve it

1. Feb 13, 2014
    A very good and varied multiplayer FPS. Some things, like the big attack/defend scenarios, were better on Killzone 3. [Jan 2014]
  2. Jan 22, 2014
    In attempting to juggle so many balls at once, it simply loses control and bats them all over the place in a crazed, lurching frenzy as it tries to stop the whole thing from falling apart.
  3. Jan 15, 2014
    Whatever the reason was for making Shadow Fall in the first place, the result is a mixture of bland, annoying and weird.