• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Nov 15, 2013
7.0

1. Nov 15, 2013
    I just got this game, been playing it for hours.

- Gameplay: Its Solid! the gun play is spot on very realistic in a way. Doesn't have that fast paced exaggeration from COD or BF4. Weapons feel heavy and the animation if fluid.
    - Graphics: Killzone shadow fall: Its probably the best looking FPS game right now. High res sharp texture, beautiful scenery and one best particles i have seen
    in a game.
    - Multi player, 24 players 60 fps, it has dedicated servers and its a blast to play, Maps are well designed not to big and not to small. And the custom Warzone multi player maps is pretty awesome.
    Single player: is around 10 hours, Story is decent but nothing spectacular good voice acting and facial animation, characters don't fell dull as in previews Killzone games.

Buy it!
  2. Nov 15, 2013
    A worthy launch title for the Playstation 4, if this is the start of next gen then things can ONLY get better. I need not tell you how stunning this game is, but instead the gameplay feels fresh, the story is a thrilling new take on war, using a cold war setting rather then throwing you head first into a hot war.

Sure it has it's cliche action movie set pieces that you know like the
    back of your hand, but what do you expect. This is Killzone, this isn't here to win an academy award. It's here to give you a mindless thrill ride and it does it effortlessly.

I felt fully immersed in this world, only taken out of it by some small and rare slip ups from the AI system. But that is my only negative here today.

Multiplayer is back with a vengeance and will keep you coming back for hours on end, I need not tell you more.

Just a perfect launch title, a franchise we know and love but with the perfect twist to usher in the new generation.

Game on.
  3. Nov 15, 2013
    Very old school single-player no signposting, so shouting, open ended.
    Multiplayer is AWESOME- so much choice, and every combination has a different flavour.
  4. Nov 15, 2013
    I have played so many FPS games but this was the one that caught me for a solid amount of time making itself as the perfect start the ps4 needed. The graphics were by far the best in any game it has a sense of vividity and freedom in its limited range of combat. the biggest and really good addition in the gameplay was Avle or something that can save you, attack your enemies and hack systems the story takes place a few decades after Killzone 3 and thinks start of shaky for the Vektans and then story gets interesting but by the end you might feel lack of focus on the plot. The multiplayer is something you can put 250 hours or so and keeps you going it is fun and engaging an hits your sweet spot and keeps you playing all i can say this will impress you. START YOUR NEW GEN WITH THIS GAME Expand
  5. Nov 15, 2013
    Killzone Shadowfall is not perfect, but I gave it a 10 to try to offset the "reviews" by people who obviously haven't played it and are just trying to bring the average down. In reality, it's more of an 8-9 depending how much weight you put on Multiplayer vs Singleplayer.

Visually, this is easily one of the most impressive looking launch games and the framerate is buttery smooth.
    Audio is also very nice and a noticeable improvement over PS3 KZ titles.

Singleplayer is hit and miss and if I were to judge based on single player alone, I would give it a 7.5-8/10. You could sense the vision Guerrilla wanted to take it, but they just seemed to lack the time to really refine the story and level design. It is still a very decent single player campaign though, and it clocks in a decent length of ~10-11hrs.

With that said, it's the multiplayer where this game really shines. Silky smooth 60fps (for the most part) amazing visuals, completely customizable games and solid gameplay and controls.

Overall, I'd say that this is a pretty solid launch title. It showcases the PS4's power nicely and it is a solid game overall.
  6. Nov 15, 2013
    A must buy!there's nothing wrong with this game it's flawless!Helghast all the wa....the mp is so addicting!and fun,don't believe the negativity received towards this game they're all lies I tell you!
  7. Nov 15, 2013
    Great launch game fun and entertaining with stunning visuals. The multi-player is also very good and I've been able to play it for a few hours now without getting bored.
  8. Nov 15, 2013
    Killzone Shadow Fall is THE launch title for PS4. I've been playing it for hours and its just amazing. The weapons feel right, the movement is realistic and it has the best graphics of any FPS I've ever seen. MUST BUY!
  9. Nov 15, 2013
    Killzone: Shadow Fall is absolutely stunning. With truly next gen visuals, it's a pleasure to just soak in the surroundings. It also has a quality about its gameplay to match its beauty. With a refreshing take on the fps genre, and a thrilling story, Killzone is going in the right direction. Of course the multiplayer needs mentioning as that is where killzone truly shines. With a competitiveness that is hard to rival, killzone: shadows fall's multiplayer will leave few wanting. Expand
  10. Nov 15, 2013
    A couple of well how to say it fanboys here seem to be here to downgrade killzone's score for some reason so i made and account just to rate it so it will go up some more cause this game deserves to be a 9
  11. Nov 15, 2013
    Killzone shadow fall is the best killzone yet. They have improved the graphics by a lot. It lacked with different things that you can do on multiplayer. I don't like on how there is no Xperia, but you rank up by doing challenges. It is a creative idea. Also all the dlc will be free and you unlock all the weapons at the start. It keeps you from turning the ps4 off. Great intense, action packed gameplay makes killzone shadow fall one hell of a game. Expand
  12. Nov 15, 2013
    This game isnt a 10, I gave it this score to offset the idiots who score it a 0. Single Player is honestly average. Guerilla Games arent very good at telling a story, Where this really scores is in the graphics department and MP. Game looks stunning and MP is tight and very customizable. If you are a killzone fan, buy this. If you are new to killzone, get this if you want a solid MP experience.
  13. Nov 15, 2013
    This game is such a fun game and runs very smoothly. I must also add that the game sounds and looks beautiful. They did an amazing job with the sound of each gun firing. Warzone is one of the best multiplayer game types, switching from different game modes and team objects and the perks for different classes are really fun and can add depth to the game to see which works best for you and for your gun type. For example....I enjoy sniping and if I get hit and don't see exactly were the shot is coming from and I'm about to die, I can transport to different location to take me out of harms way. And the multiplayer is only going to get better since the the community can customize their own game modes to choose from. Definitely recommend Expand
  14. Nov 15, 2013
    Its and amazing launch title for the playstation 4, simply beautiful and smooth and a great game if you are bored of the normal fps out there now a days.
  15. Nov 15, 2013
    Once again Killzone delivers on a title that gets generally dismissed by the major gaming outlets. It's a convenient scapegoat for what is supposedly wrong with first person shooters, yet once again, Killzone delivers on its promises. The focus has always been on Killzone's multiplayer, and it's one of those few games where gun weight actually matters. Not to mention it's a hard game. This is not a title for the COD generation, and perhaps therein lies the problem. Perhaps that is why people like Sessler and Gies are unable to understand this game. It's too difficult for them. Expand
  16. Nov 15, 2013
    Love it no hand holding proper shooter looks amazing and feels spot control wise.
    The multiplayer is better than ghosts im really enjoying this way more than i expected best in the series.
  17. Nov 16, 2013
    AMAZING GAME! Superb level design with lots of platforming elements... also you play the game how you want to play it as the single player is non-linear.

MP is the best thing about the game and it is probably the 2nd best multiplayer out there (second to BF4 on PS4)
  18. Nov 15, 2013
    Wow. This game looks so amazing it should be called next-next gen :)
    It's a solid first person shooter, and the only one with amazing animations for the weapons. Everything feels like it actually has mass in this game.
    I don't particularly care about the storyline, but it's okay enough and basically it's all about shooting stealthing the way you want to shoot/stealth. It's a must have
    for early PS4 users Expand
  19. Nov 15, 2013
    This game proved to me that there is in fact a noticeable difference b/w native 1080p and upscaled 1080p. The graphics are just that clean. It's not fair to compare this to BF4 or Ghost because it's a bit more involved as far as objectives are concerned. It took a bit ton actually get a hold of a gun. The graphics overall aren't perfect, but it shows the extremely high potential for the PS4 and this is day 1. Expand
  20. Nov 15, 2013
    Important to remember that for both Sony and Microsoft exclusives at launch you will have petty, pathetic fanboys from the other side posting 0s. So for both sets of games, imagine the user score to be about .5 higher than it is as shown.
  21. Nov 16, 2013
    Killzone sf is a good launch title shooter with nice graphics and gameplay. It's fun to play, especially with various war zones. Guns are very good looking and so are maps. It's 9 out of 10, because of story line.
  22. Nov 16, 2013
    Great game even if it's a launch title, most of these negative reviews are fanboys spamming or paid advertising from Xbox. If you like shooters especially games like Metro Last Light then this game is for you.
  23. Nov 16, 2013
    This game does what a launch title should do: Show off its graphics and technology, show off the way a next generation game controls, give us next generation multiplayer and deliver a new experience. It fall short in certain scripted sequences that lead to lots of cheap deaths, but in the end its an amazing experience. The story is fun, the game play well executed,graphics gorgeous and multiplayer awesome. This is an excellent game to be for your first PS4 game. Buy it!!! Expand
  24. Nov 16, 2013
    This is a must buy game which is loads of fun both the single player which is challenging and online which,the guns feel great and this is a worthy tittle for the ps4 launch.
  25. Nov 16, 2013
    This isn't the "same old Killzone" despite what some reviews might lead you to believe. Unlike the previous game's corridor-like structure, Shadow Fall is much more open levels will often have multiple missions don't need to be completed in order, giving the world a more sprawling feel. Another new addition is OWL, an automated drone assistant that reacts to your commands helping with both combat and traversal.

As a PS4 launch title, you can expect the graphics to be impressive, and they are. As a PC gamer, I can tell you taht the game looks pretty amazing on par or beyond anything on PC at the moment. Little touches like the dust floating in a darkened room catching the light from muzzle bursts, and the intricate detail put in to textures like the floor and tree bark really help the game shine. The overall atmosphere is phenomenal an abandoned space station level, for example, complete with zero-g sections, felt like it could have been pulled from Dead Space.

It's main, fault, in my opinion, is the plot, which makes little sense and is more of a means to an end that end being a diverse array of locales to sneak and/or blast your way through. As a launch title, this is the most "Next Gen" of the bunch. If you're a fan of well crafted FPS gameplay that tries a few new things, striking visuals and interesting level design, Shadow Fall should satisfy and give you a taste of what your new console is capable of.
  26. Nov 16, 2013
    This game is so, so much better than it was reviewed. First of all, the campaign is something slightly new. It's not the typical COD formula, and it's actually rather interesting and open-ended. Secondly, and most importantly, the multiplayer is absolutely fantastic. This is the best launch game. It's better than Ghosts, and it's better than BF4. I don't think the reviewers played multiplayer, and I'm beginning to wonder if they played the same game as me at all. It's also the best looking launch title, which is always a plus on a new system. Expand
  27. Nov 15, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. SIngle player is ok hate the kid part in the beginning. Multiplayer is awsome! Way better than COD..
    I think this is a great luanch title. chows off ps4's power and also delivers in great gameplay.
  28. Nov 16, 2013
  29. Nov 16, 2013
    This is the best Killzone so far, even better than Killzone 2. The MP great from the start. They give you all the weapons right from the start. There are several game modes that are combined into one match in classic Killzone style. There is NO aim assist, which is a huge bonus in my opinion. If you see someone complain about the controls, this is likely the reason. The 3 classes are balanced surprisingly well, and there is not a bad ability in the bunch. Guns feel and look way cooler than COD and Battlefield. Pistols aren't complete garbage. There's a ton of challenges and unlockables. Maps have plenty of routes and bases are very difficult to camp. Of all the launch games this one runs the best (search around if you don't believe me), and looks better than most games do on my $1,200 PC. I am still in shock at how good this game turned out. Any shooter fan needs to give it a try. Expand
  30. Nov 16, 2013
    Killzone S.F. is a fantastic game I hated Killzone 1 loved Killzone 2 thought 3 was good but not as good as 2.
    K2 was my favourite mp game too. Right so as you can see, i'm a fan of Killzone but not to the extent that I would lie to promote a game. K: S.F. is beautiful i'm amazed by how gorgeous it looks, anyone who says otherwise is lying full stop The gameplay is pure
    Killzone but a little faster lighter. It also gives you a lot more freedom of choice the corridor gameplay of old has not been eradicated but there are more open environments to explore and traverse using various tactics. The OWL is genius it changes the experience completely for me in a positive way. Killzone is not perfect the A.I. misfires from time to time and the m.p. could do with a twist a game changing update maybe but it is still awesome. An improvement in those areas would give it a 10. I still prefer it over cod (cod4 amazing.. downhill from there). People scoring this game from 0 5 are talking rubbish lying in fact and something should be done to remove their score as it is for obvious motives. How can someone review a game they haven't played Metacritic?? Buy this game it is a beautiful..exciting showcase of what your PS4 is capable of. Expand
  31. Nov 17, 2013
    While I love this game, I am not going to just give it a 10 because there are some problems. That being said, I think the new direction is great. Really it's probably more of an 8.5, but I gave it a 9 to round up.

Single Player: The gameplay is a little disjointed, but when the action is happening its a blast. Some of the earlier levels just start out slow. The style of play is
    drastically different than games like COD or even the old KZ games so when you approach this game do so with an open mind. I think a lot of reviewer did not find what they expected and so the game got lower scores. This game is not an all out war, but instead you are usually fighting through small bands of enemies and then you may have some downtime before you encounter the next group. The thing is, the enemy waves are hard and you have to use some strategy to really be successful. One thing that holds it back though is the fact that you can use the OWL to revive. Yes there is a limit on how many times you can do this, but because of the adrenaline rush that you get that slows down the battle, you can usually use the adrenaline, pass the part you had trouble with, and move on to find more adrenaline packs. The difficulty is high though so it doesn't take away too much, but I feel it is a little too forgiving.

The single player has great quality and varied environments and gameplay. Probably the best way to describe it is like a really good independent movie. Parts really shine, and outshine the Hollywood films by a great measure, but some things should have been cut and some things should have been approached a little differently. Ultimately at the heart there is a great game, but it takes a little patience at parts.

Multiplayer is great, I'm not going to write more about it but just to say its really fun, but probably will not keep you interested as long as a game like BF4.
  32. Nov 16, 2013
    I bought 5 games with my PS4, but I haven't been able to stop playing Killzone yet! The game is addictively awesome.

The game does not do much to reinvent the genre, and some of the things they try in the single player campaign are hit or miss. But overall, the single player campaign is much better than in shooters like COD or Battlefield. The pacing of the last three levels seemed to
    drag on a little... but they may be because I hopped into the online multiplayer and mostly just wanted to get back to it. It was in these later levels that the developers deviated from the core gameplay concepts a bit as well. While this worked well in most areas, one level in particular felt like more of a chore because of it.

The core multiplayer has not changed much at all from Killzone 2 and 3 in terms of game modes. However the excellent map designs and faster gameplay make this the funnest go around yet! Warzones are just as addictive as ever and the customization choices provide plenty of variety from the very beginning. The challenge system provides another level of addictiveness to the metagame as you progress for challenge completion in addition to the mission objectives.

In a time when COD and Battlefield still manage to rate 9.0+ simply on the strength of their online modes, Killzone: Shadow Fall easily ranks up there at the top. The single player is not perfect, but it is better than most... and looks absolutely gorgeous. The multiplayer looks just as good and feels even better. Anyone that owns a PS4 should be playing this game.
  33. Nov 16, 2013
    The best Killzone yet.

-fun and diversive gameplay
    -wonderfull graphics and physics
    -long campaign
    -multiplayer is fun to play
    -many "innovations" in gameplay
  34. Nov 17, 2013
    It's very good game, great lunch title. Step up for Guerilla games. Graphics so cool, gameplay not bad, script also very interesting. Multiplayer awesome, but this is no level BF4
  35. CNS
    Nov 15, 2013
    Overall i have enjoyed my time with the game and i feel like it's graphics and gameplay set the bar for what to expect in the u pocking games in this new generation
  36. Nov 15, 2013
    A very well rounded game, brilliant gameplay, visuals, just everything is absolutely stunning. I'm very pleased with Guerilla's performance creating such a glorious masterpiece. Worth absolutely every dollar.
  37. Nov 16, 2013
    It's simply the best Killzone game so far. Awesome "blockbuster" campaign! Yes, it's a blockbuster with awesome action sequences, not an adventure game with deep story.

The Multiplayer is the best part of this game and it's gorgeous. Nothing more to say.

Trust your feelings and don't let the reviews guide your judgment
  38. Nov 16, 2013
    This game is amazing.

First of all, it is amazingly beautiful. 1080p always make a difference, whatever some might say.The volumetric lights, the shadows, the textures, the particle effects, the explosions, everything is very impressive for a console launch game, not to say gorgeous. Keep in mind that the developpers worked on this game for only two years and a half, and most of the
    time on an uncomplete hardware.

The framerate is also very good, and I say that as a PC gamer. It never goes under 30fps, but can go way above that. And that can be a little problem if you prefer a stable framerate. Most of the time, it goes up and down between 30 and 45. But it doesn't affect the experience at all, trust me.

The main campaign story is also very good It's not as good as TLOU's story (for example), and by far, but it's still very enjoyable. And compared to the previous Killzone, needless to say it's way better. The characters are also well made (I just LOVE Echo), and their animations (body and face) are very well done. Kudos to Guerrilla for the graphics of this game, it's just amazing.

The musics are very good as well, each side of the wall has it's own musical ambiance. The gunshots also sound amazing, you can hear the echo in each room, and it's never the exact same sound, since the architecture of the room has an influence on it. A small detail, but still impressive.

Personnally, I didn't even rush the campaign, and I finished it on Normal difficulty in about 11 hours. Oh, and by the way, this game can be heard sometimes. Like VERY hard. Not going to spoil anything, but some levels may just make you rage. I personnally liked that, it gave a little old school feeling to the game.

So for the single player mode, it's a 9/10.

And now the multiplayer. First of all, the graphical difference between SP and MP is barely noticeable. Maybe a few particle effects removes, and the volumetric lights aren's as good, but it's still gorgeous. And the framerate is 40-60 fps. Still a bit unstable, but still very smooth.

The Warzone is just perfect, in my opinion. You can literally do whatever you want: choose the amount of players, the rules, the weapons available, etc... And there are TONS of obectives to complete. If I remember well, the exact number is 1500. Quite a lot, if you ask me.

And for the ones who are worrying about the heavy gameplay, it's gone. It's still not as fast as some other FPS, but it's better this way imo: it's just more realistic. You're no Flash Gordon, you actually feel like you have a weight, and a body.

I give the MP a 10/10, because I'm already having a blast playing it. And as for the PSN issues, I didn't get any, same thing for the players I played with or against. Lucky me, I guess.

So, this game is, by far, the best of the series. I liked KZ 2, but KZ SF just send it back to Kindergarten, playing with little rocks.
    I'm going to insist on this, but I'm a PC gamer, and I'm quite used to see beautiful games, but Killzone Shadow Fall is simply gorgeous. It's a very good thing, considering it's a lauch game. I just can't wait to see what the next games will look like, but this is very promising.
    The framerate is smooth, but suffers little drops sometimes, but nothing really bad.

In a nutshell, this game is awesome. Already a must have for every PS4 owner.

Oh, and by the way, don't mind the average score (7.7 when I wrote this review), because a ton of trolls just give it 0s because they can't stand the truth. Probably PC trolls, or Xbox trolls, I don't know, but they're all idiots, regardless of the platform they play on.

Straight 10/10, I really enjoyed myself on this game, and I'm going to enjoy myself even more in the days and weeks to come. Amazing game. Thanks Guerrilla
  39. Nov 16, 2013
    Completely different from all of the other killzone games. The color scheme is no longer dark and gritty. It's futuristic and colorful. The missions are no longer "shoot your way from point A to point B." They're somewhat "free-roam to which objective you want to attack first." No more one shot kill scrubby marksman sniper rifle. The online battles are close up and intense.

The
    "professional" idiot reviewers judged this game solely by the single player and paid no mind to the multiplayer. However, they said battlefield had a terrible campaign (like bf3), but BFs campaign held almost no weight in the score. Don't listen to those morons. They will say the same thing about two different games, but weigh those same criticisms differently. Expand
  40. Nov 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Guerilla nous prouve encore leur maîtrise des FPS en nous donnant un jeu qui a la fois brille par ses graphismes et son gameplay, doté d'un solo nerveux, prenant, immersif, doté d'une mise en scène a tomber par terre, d'animations qui ne font plus que frisé a perfection mais qui la surpasse. La bande-son est digne d'un film hollywoodien et est surtout très varié que l'on soit du côté ISA ou du côté Helghast la bande-son vous prendra de force dans ce monde, la mise en scène vous immobilisera, le gameplay vous fera tenir la manette et les graphismes feront que vos yeux seront diriger en permanence sur ce spectacle.

Killzone adopte un scenario plus mature et reflechis que la plupart des FPS annuel qui se contentent de vous dire "nous gentils, tuer mechants", bien loin de cet esprit cette fois il n'y a ni vrai gentil, ni vrai mechants, et le joueur sera ammener a reflechir sur ce conflit et sur l'histoire de cette guerre.

Le multi n'en demeure pas delaisser le moins du monde, tout aussi prenant, encore plus nerveux et jouissif avec des parties a 24 joueurs en 60 fps, ont retrouve le mode zone de guerre qui est franchement une tuerie, 10 cartes toujours aussi travaillés sont disponibles mais grosse surprise des cartes multi seront accessible gratuitement dans les prochains mois Preparez vous donc a passer des dizaines d'heures sur ce multi qui roxx du poney.

La conclusion c'est qu'on a bien a faire au meilleur Killzone developper par Guerilla, une pure tuerie.
  41. Nov 16, 2013
    I know I didn't buy this game, but I feel excited to get it! I've seen from the Youtube videos and admired the brilliant visuals, graphics, and epic storyline. At the end, when the player encounters Jorhan Stahl on a chair within his base, his appearance humorously resembles that of the God-Emperor of Mankind and his Golden Throne from Warhammer 40k. I just hope everyone can buy the game and enjoy it! It will be fun! Expand
  42. Nov 17, 2013
    I love this game! Nice next gen graphics solid fun multiplayer! Weight of the gun and speed of movement is nicely balanced.. Single player is ok but kinda starts off dull.. Still I like this game. Better than COD..
  43. Nov 16, 2013
    Greatness game! Extremely fun, gorgeous, and competitive. The multiplayer is by far the best in the series and the campaign is challenging without being frustrating. This will be the best launch exclusive this gen. The fact that xbone funded web critics are shooting low blows points to the worry that they've got nothing better for launch. Again Great game, Guerilla knows how to do it.
  44. Nov 15, 2013
    1. Killzone shadow fall is probably the best looking FPS game right now for ps4.
    2. A game that offers a very good solo and multiplayer. MUST BUY for every ps4 owner
  45. Nov 22, 2013
    Great game :
    - best visuals ever seen on a console fps game
    - Great story and narration
    - non linearity in the unwinding of the game
    - gameplay has much variety
    - great MP as for the previous KZ games
  46. Nov 24, 2013
    Positives:
    Graphics are beautiful
    Multiplayer is a joy ride and one of my favorites this year
    Gameplay is perfect to my means

Negatives:
    Story sucks
  47. Nov 16, 2013
    Having a blast and I haven't even played the singleplayer. The textures and models are very nicely done. Animations and effects are terrific. The online multiplayer is a blast with missions and a strong focus on teamwork.
  48. Nov 16, 2013
    the singleplayer is a huge improvement, the campaign is literally 10 hours long, features many innovative and brilliant level design, some part might not work out that well, but the whole singleplayer is just amazing, challenging AIs force you to use cover and strategy during combat, singleplayer alone I give it a 9/10
    multiplayer is fun, just like every other FPS, nothing bad, nothing
    too special, nice feauture for a great game
    overall the game isn't perfect, but It's a must buy for PS4 or shooter fans
    It's way better than how most major critics talk about it
    this is one of the best singleplayer shooter this year, not as good as Infinite or Last Light, but very close
  49. Nov 15, 2013
    Having an absolute blast with this game, it is visually stunning and it is very easy to become immersed in the world. Ive always been a fan of the series despite kz3 being a bit of a let down in my opinion, however it seems Guerrilla Games has turned a corner for the better with this current entry. I thoroughly enjoyed SP however there were 1 or 2 parts which strayed from the fps framework of the game and attempted to do some platforming.. which might have worked if it was interspersed with some more action. I found SP to be a fun challenge and I loved it when the game gave you the options of how YOU wanted to take down the enemy weather it be Long range with a rifle or stealthily with the knife or just go in guns blazing it is truly what gaming is about for me. The owl gadget is also an impressive and well executed feature of this game and with out him the game might have become a serious grind.

MP is well done with silky smooth 60 fps for the most part. I also love the feeling of the tide of battle changing as groups of soldiers trade fire on either sides of the battlefield, something that isn't seen in other modern day shooters as it only takes 1 or 2 bullets to die in most other games. This game has also brought me right back into sci-fi which is great (the real world can be a drag.)

Bottom line is if your getting a Ps4 this game is a must 9/10.
  50. Nov 17, 2013
    Jogo dinâmico, inovado. Melhores gráficos da nova geração além de ser melhor que o call of dutty ghost, a Sony caprichou investiu muito neste titulo, por isso minha nota.
  51. Nov 25, 2013
    If you want a legit next generation FPS, than this is your game. The graphics are stunning, no aim assist, no campers, no kids talking trash. This game has it all. Free DLC too!
  52. Nov 18, 2013
    The frame rate is a constant 60fps and this really shows in certain levels of the game where your character becomes disoriented by a bomb blast. The running and motion blur in the game also highlights this.

The lighting is the best of any of the PS4 launch titles I have played, including Assassins Creed IV. This includes open flames, light bulbs, gunfire, sunlight, you name it.

Small
    detail is where this game shines. Textures are full and rich. Foliage and grass finally looks realistic, the gameplay in general feels photorealistic. While screenshots of the next gen games for PS4/One may allow nitpickers to find minute flaws or in the extremest case even compare some games to previous gen, you will only be able to experience next generation gaming when you feel the physics and gameplay of the experience.

I don't want to spoil a minute of this game for anyone, so I will say only this. A core game mechanic is a personal drone that is given to you to perform various tasks as well as assist in battle. This adds a whole new level of strategy over some generic FPS.

I may upset some by saying this. While not as groundbreaking as the Halo series was when it hit the market, this title is better and more enjoyable (to me) than Halo 3 and 4. This is coming from someone who plans to buy an Xbox One when Halo 5 is released.

If this is what a launch title looks like, then the PS4 has a solid future ahead of it.
  53. Nov 25, 2013
    Best shooter at the moment. A perfect mix of solid gameplay and perfect graphics.

Also it has a long history, it's replayable and very hard with the 'hard' difficulty. And I love the Dron!! :D

Recommended!!!
  54. Nov 22, 2013
    Excellent game. The voice acting could be better but the plot is decent and the gameplay is solid. Visuals are fantastic, as to be expected, and the multiplayer is a blast. Overall I give the game an 8, but I'm marking it a ten to help wash out the troll votes, because this really is a must buy for any PS4 owner.
  55. Nov 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great shooter, great environments, awesome multiplayer. Not sure why this didn't review higher with critics. I think people expect a huge leap in this generation's consoles, but it never ever works out that way. This is a solid start to a more powerful console. Expand
  56. Nov 15, 2013
    Almost perfect multiplayer, lots of choice and great intricate maps. Single player is very enjoyable too. A lot of care and thought has been put into this game. A worthy launch title showing off the ps4.
  57. Nov 18, 2013
    This new KZ feels very different from the other, it still features amazing visuals, but very colorful at times, and lots of different settings in the environement with that whole city divided, alternating sandbox type of gameplay and more path driven parts. I think it's a must have for every PS4 owner even if you are not that high on shooters.
  58. Nov 16, 2013
    So I was super nervous to get this game as my launch title over the other shooters, needless to say after sufficient time I made the right choice, First off as all reviews will tell you this game is gorgeous plain and simple, itll make your friends jealous of that gorgeous black box. So generally the campaign is a good time, big maps lots of choices in how to deal with your mission etc, The dialogue is definitely meh, I can understand where they downgrade Killzone's story due to it but thats just it, the story itself is interesting and way more compelling then prior installments so even with the duller moments of dialogue youre still intrigued. Now to the beef of this game, it's multiplayer. After non-stop hours of playing since launch let me tell you the multiplayer has never been better!!! It's so addicting! I have BF4 on my pc and I havent bought CoD since MW2 and I was an avid halo and gears player but Killzone has officially swept in and will be taking up all my time for multiplayer fps, minus the obvious neverending counterstrike play intermixed. Expand
  59. Nov 15, 2013
    Magnifique immersif genial voici le grand frisson de la liberté dans un solo long et artistiquement exceptionnel qui se savoure avec grand plaisir l'opposé de celui d'un Call of qui se torche la vas vite tel un mouton qui suit le berger au lieu de gambader librement dans son pré!:-D
  60. Nov 18, 2013
    I just got this game Killzone Shadow Fall im 7 hours in and i really really like the game. This game is really good, i was a little worried because of all the low reviews but actually after playing the game i like it a lot. Dont listen to the review sites out there this game is awesome.
  61. Nov 18, 2013
    By far one of the best Killzones (and even FPSs) that I've ever played. If you are hesitant on buying the game, at least hear me out and decide for yourself. I encourage everyone to look at multiple reviews instead of just lazily picking one review and deciding not to buy the game.

I'll start with the single player. It's a step up from KZ2 and KZ3 (unless you enjoyed those two). It's
    definitely not linear like KZ2/3 in that the maps are much bigger and you are given choices as to how to infiltrate enemy territory. As a Shadow Marshall, your best choice is to play it discreet and to try to avoid going Rambo on a platoon of Helghast as opposed to KZ2/3 where you basically go CoDdudebro throughout those campaigns. And personally, I like it. You also have a robotic weapon companion called the OWL which basically acts as your personal drone and life support. It really comes in handy for those parts where you're up against many Helghast in that you can set the OWL to attack enemies and distract them while you take out the rest.

The game's story progresses in chapters and each chapter is a new map/level. The game mixes between Vekta/New Helghan maps and space maps where you're in an ISA Cruiser or a giant space laboratory. Personally, I absolutely LOVED the chapters in space. The feel, the atmosphere and the art direction in those chapters felt very sci-fi eery; almost like Metroid Prime (which I find to be a very good thing). I loved going through the abandoned ISA Cruiser and reading the eery messages that the crew left behind on the walls, especially this one downright disturbing Audiolog in one of the rooms which simply captured the atmosphere perfectly. I won't go behind the story in those chapters since they're somewhat spoilers. The soundtrack in this game is also amazing and won't disappoint since it also seems to capture that 'Metroid Prime' feel that I described earlier.

The controls in Shadow Fall also don't feel as heavy as they did in KZ2/3. Controls are responsive; swiping the touch pad to give your OWL orders is easy. Shooting feels great. The only thing they could have worked on more was the cover system but other than that, gameplay is pretty much flawless IMO.

Multiplayer is pretty much a blast. They incorporated new game mechanics like shields and speed power ups. It's your standard Killzone MP but with much more game modes incorporated into it. Weapons and game searches are customizable. It's much faster getting into an MP match. Map designs are also new and they even include a few old ones from KZ2/3 such as the map "Ruins".

All in all, I very much enjoyed my time with Killzone Shadow Fall and will continue to do so for MP. The graphics are downright amazing and mesmerizing and runs very fluidly at a consistent framerate AND in 1080p. Pick this game up if you're getting a PS4.
  62. Nov 21, 2013
    This game is a visual orgasm. The story is meh, but still much stronger and longer that the other shooters on the market. I've played all the killzones and I love the new feel to the controls and character. It's smooth, fast and frame rate is awesome. Multiplayer surprised me a lot, nothing new really...but the levels are well designed, the use of the gagets per the classes apply well to gameplay and again, the visuals are so stunning it brings you into another dimension of gameplay. Bravo Guerrilla, bravo. Expand
  63. Nov 22, 2013
    Beautifullest game of the next game

Strong gameplay

More ten hours of game

Multiplayers really exciting

Even the story is interesting

The perfect game for the launch
  64. Nov 20, 2013
    Excellent game with good graphics, good sound, better than average gameplay which has few tricks to it, and Killzone's multiplayer mode(s) from the previous titles in the series. Ability to approach certain situations differently gives the game some replayability but at the same time the plot of the game is bit disconnected from the rest of the series even for the fans of the Killzone series. Some moments in single-player campaign can be frustrating if you've never played a Killzone game before. Map design is little bit like in Crysis 2 where you have 2-3 ways to approach things. However most of the time it turns into just basic corridor shooting. AI opponents do their job well. Overall a good launch title. Expand
  65. Nov 23, 2013
    When I show off what the ps4 can do, I put this in before battlefield or rivals. The campaign is a science fiction dream and I had to focus not to die in combat as I was in awe of the environments. The story is lacking and the enemies aren't varied enough but the gunplay is tight and the owl is a great way to use the touchpad in shooters. The multiplayer is fun and different but any lack of ranking or customization besides unlocks brought down the time I would've spent with it. The atmosphere and feel of the world is what makes it a must buy for me and shows promise of a bright future for ps4. Expand
  66. Nov 17, 2013
    You've played this game before, however, you've never loved it as much as you love this one.

The story mode is absolutely phenomenal and it's definitely up there next to Half-Life 2, in my personal opinion
    The online-multiplayer is difficult as you would expect, so I've been practicing with offline-bots, mostly. However, everyone seems like they are having a blast, as I am ruthlessly
    getting blasted. Though, from what I've seen, this is going to be a very fun multiplayer experience.

A lot can be said about this game, but I don't want to spoil anyone's experience, so, I'll say this:
    If you have a PS4, go out and buy this game because you'll be doing yourself a favor. The game is beautiful, and even more so, fun. A lot of reviewers will say this game is generic, but it just isn't true. The combination of all the best features in First Person Shooters combined into a single game does not make a game generic.

I've been playing this game on normal, and it's exactly that as well. Normal mode will get you killed, but you can always find a way out of a situation by trying again and doing something different. It's an open-ended, yet linear experience, and therefore doesn't make you feel as though you are playing a game that the developers laid out for you.

Single-Player Campaign: One of the best I've ever played. A lot of shooters have felt really dull as of late (Bioshock Infinite was a dull game with an amazing and redeeming ending. I'm a sucker for good story telling.), however this is a HUGE exception. The game's story feels new, yet familiar, and it's very exciting to see how the game's story unfolds. The story will have you guess what's going to happen next, and you'll probably be right, however, it's an exciting "I KNEW IT" feeling you get, rather then it being cliche, because it really isn't. You can only go so far with a FPS before it becomes a FPS with RPG elements to change things up, and this game decided to stay as a FPS but incorporate ideas used in other games, and add them all in one beautifully crafted pizza of a game. Without going into what the story is about, let me just say that you'll enjoy it thoroughly.

Multiplayer: Like I've said, I didn't really get far in it, but it is a blast for sure, even with the bots.

Gameplay: The campaign is mostly open-ended. You can go in stealthy most of the time and kill your enemies before they spot you, or Rambo it up and kill your victims as you stare them down. It features some pretty interesting platformer puzzles, which actually were pretty fun, in a scary "Oh god, I'm probably going to die" sort of way. In single-player campain you also get an "OWL", which is a flying droid that you control which has 4 amazing features such as an attack mode (which should really be called "distraction mode"), it can be used as a shield (which sadly only stays in place, but it's good when you're in a firefight), stun mode (which electrocutes enemies like robots, and disables shields), and lastly: ZIPLINE MODE, which, doesn't really serve much purpose other then getting you down from high places...

If you like FPS's and don't want to buy your annual CoD, then buy this game. Seriously, you won't regret it.
  67. Nov 24, 2013
    Needs a little improvements (Clan System, improved hip fire, etc) but other than that, it's an excellent game. For sure, the best looking game on any console at the moment.
  68. Nov 20, 2013
    This Game is great it plays really fluid and offers you many ways to play. I loved that it took a turn away of other Killzone's red and grey environments and settled with the futuristic colorful environment that takes full use of next gen. The levels are huge and the game is filled with exploration. In some cases the words didn't match the characters lips but it will pass because of the great graphics. The gameplay is greatly changed also. They got rid off go there kill people then go another place and kill them and added deep exploration and attention to detail. Guerrilla games also added a stealth aspect to the game which is really great but takes skill to master clearing an entire place using stealth. The biggest gaming feature is the OWL oh man how amazing it is it adds lots of richer gameplay like thinking of tactic zip lining over someone or stunning someone to knife kill him, yet it all works so fluid using the DualShock 4's touchpad. The story began greatly with great hype and interest but after all that hype you expect a great finale which is not that game offered. Finally there is the great multiplayer, all the professional reviewers said it has a bad campaign but paid no attention to the multiplayer orthe warzones and how great it all works together. So this is an amazing game that I recommend to anyone who has a PS4. Expand
  69. Nov 21, 2013
    We expect a FPS on a new console, to be above and beyond anything offered currently. Seems like common sense really, but GG was the only company to see that vision. Between COD: Recycled to BF4: Rushed Edition (which is not DICEs fault), Killzone only competition is the name branding that EA and Activision have. 3rd best selling game on PS4 (guess what the other 2 are), it looks beyond the crappy scores from others and gamers are seeing that first hand.

Now please keep in mind that SP is not why I bought KZ...MP is where it is at, and as a long time supported to the BF and COD series, I never once played the SP...why would you when you can kill other people lol.

First off you get 10 maps for MP with a range of game modes and levels based on your skill. Wanna play with just weapons and a shield, you can do that....KZ lets you pick your lobby and style. And what last gen KZ did for MP (which wasn't that good), it as exceeded in listening to customer's feedback.

Check out YouTube, this game is beautiful and it plays well. MP is fun to play and keeps you coming back for more. The season pass is only $19.99 and we are promised free DLC on top of that and a great MP experience.

There is no Frame-Rate issues in MP, the game runs 1080p at 60fps and is amazing, showing off the power of the PS4.

It is not a perfect 10, but if you are looking for a nice change from COD and BF, that won't rape your wallet....here you go.

I should add that KZ will be putting MP up for free soon on the PSN network, allowing you to rank to SGT I, after you can choose to purchase the full unlock for around $15.00 (source). EIther way, this is a good move by GG to do this, as they need to work on there name branding to compete in this market.
  70. Mar 21, 2014
    Killzone is such an underrated shooter game, this is much better than COD Ghosts in my opinion. The game loads incredibly fast, even faster than COD or Battlefield, and the campaign, while the story isn't perfect, it's very challenging and killing Helghasts has never been more fun. Multiplayer is what makes this game good though. It has its learning curves but once you get it, it's a fun multiplayer game Expand
  71. Jan 20, 2014
    Superb production values and with this game you really feel next-gen, more than other shooters. The use of the touchpad is great, graphics and sound are superb, and the gameplay is fun and offers variety. Very recommended.
  72. Nov 19, 2013
    Great game! The visuals are beautiful and the gameplay is a ton of fun. It also expands the Killzone universe and bit more and adds more color to the franchise. More than happy I spent $60 on it
  73. Jan 6, 2014
    Killzone has always been a FPS that I enjoy. With each new installment they continue to grow and refine the experience. I think this is my favorite FPS to date and I will tell you why. I also own BF4 and COD ghosts so I am comparing KZ:SF to the best out there.

*Minor Spoilers*
    I don't think I need to check the box but thought i'd give a fair warning to anyone who doesn't want even
    minor things revealed

Graphically for me Killzone shines above the rest, not just because it's so shiny. The graphical powerhouse is the best looking FPS in the console market to date. I'm not going to deny the abundant use of lens flare and particle effects, but where many are saying they are just there because they can, I think all of them make sense and are used effectively. The level designs are varied both in a corridor/open sense as well as a visual style sense. These include the beautiful city of Vekta to the oppressive Helgast cities we are used to as a visuals. But new surprises were nicely horrific space stations, container city slums and the cracked surface of Helgan that was destroyed at the end of KZ3. All this combines to be the most visually impressive and fun environmental games I have experienced recently. I have to say I am a bit biased as far as Sci-Fi anything to me is better than Modern Day. I just get more excited about things that could be instead of things that actually are

Gameplay is better than ever. I still like the heavy feel of guns in this game, big guns have Weight! The shooting mechanic is tight and reliable. If ever a mistake was made shooting it was my own and not bad controls. I really liked the change of pacing in this one with more focus on the stealth being a shadow marshal. This is what sets it apart from BF4 and COD for me. The action is intense in this one but it also slows down and allows you tactfully take on a battle. With gadgets and weapons focused on helping you achieve this. Example, I used an echo to see a mech through walls and waited patiently while it walked up a ramp underneath a large crate. I threw an EMP grenade to freeze it and shot the crate down smashing the mech like a pancake. Purely why I enjoyed KZ:SF more than COD or BF4. Those are great but all action. Many have complained about the "on rails" sections, I never felt this way. I think these sequences made sense and were very fun. As we transition into the new generation however I do hope they make things more and more open and less and less "on rails" but some of those bits are still very fun to me.

Story is great! many say it falls flat but I think it was quite enjoyable. A bit predictable but I think the dichotomy presented in this really highlights the idea of there is rarely a "good" or "bad" side, only your way of seeing it depending on which side you are on or if you are stuck in the middle. I think it's not the level of story telling say "Last of Us" or "Bioshock" (any of them) have achieved, but comparatively I think it's story is better than COD or BF4. Don't get me wrong I think those also did a good job, but for me KZ:SF just did it better.

Finally sound design is impeccable. Gunfire, explosions and the like are all spot on. The sci-fi sounds of hovering drop ships and electrified shield bursting are all great as well. no sound stood out as weird or wrong which is the way it should be. And on top of all that, the music straight blew me away! The whole game I was constantly saying to myself that this music is amazing. Non conventional in many instances and yet is still worked perfectly. Much better than COD although I thought BF4 had some nice music, KZ:SF has the best music by far. *SPOILER* the audio files and their presentation was the most unexpected, yet simple and perfect way for the player to experience them. The speaker in the controller needs to be used more like this because it made me feel like I picked up the audio file and played on my own personal device and was listening to it all the while the game, its sounds and music kept on playing like I was still in that world. Perfect really perfect. never thought something that sounds so silly would be so effective and engaging.

Oh and multiplayer is my favorite. have loved it since KZ2. now with prettier levels, but balanced, varied and fun levels at that. Probably about to go play now!

overall I think this game is great and anyone who says it's terrible or whatever are clearly not playing the same game I played. I recommend this 100% and give it 10/10 because my minor gripes are washed away in the sea of fun this game provides.
  74. Jan 25, 2014
    I had a fantastic time with this game. The campaign is great with some awesome open levels and truly stunning scenery. I just don't get the average or bad reviews - ignore them and get the game!
  75. Nov 25, 2013
    Kill zone is awesome as always. This time, the graphics are insane, Gameplay is fluid, and multi-player rocks. There are some software issues that should be addressed but other than that....... Great job on this game.
  76. Dec 29, 2013
    Amazing. I've played a lot of shooters my entire life and honestly one the best things about the game (besides the obvious polish) is how much fun it is! You will get a lot of bang for your buck, wonderful game!!!
  77. Jan 12, 2014
    Pretty solid singleplayer campaign and great multiplayer. Gunplay is excellent. I appreciate the longevity of the singleplayer campaign which is very rare in FPS world. Graphics are outstanding and probably the best looking launch game to date.
  78. Nov 25, 2013
    This game is absolutely fantastic! It looks amazing and plays great. If you are a fan of the Killzone series or shooters this is for you. The pacing inst always great at times but i was always enjoying myself. I'm going back through the game working on trophies and still enjoying playing levels over and over again. Hope this helps you make a decision!
  79. Nov 19, 2013
    I originally thought that the Single-player was a bit dry. However, I really enjoyed the ending to the story, and how they went out with a "bang." The multiplayer system has enough customization to tie you over.

I would REALLY appreciate the ability to talk to the other players on my team in game. I've been a PC gamer all my life, and so far this is my only complaint. I've always
    liked communicating with my team.

I'll give this game a 10, hopping that they'll eventually add an in-game voice over system.
  80. Nov 23, 2013
    Graphically stunning with a single player campaign that is hugely evolved from its predecessor. The owl is fun to use and the campaign gives you many wide open areas with situations that can be approached in a number of different ways. Vekta city is beautiful and it is very impressive to see all of those buildings and NPCs in memory at once. The multiplayer is solid but I feel as though they should have tried to push the limits a bit more in terms of player count and new modes. This is probably my #1 recommended launch title as it really shows what the system can do. Definitely improved over the previous games and I can't wait to see the sequel! Expand
  81. Nov 30, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The visuals in this game are spectacular. Often throughout the campaign I found myself just gazing at the overwhelming detail. This is my first killzone game and I will say it is a breath of fresh air from other fps franchises. The guns feel substantial in your hands, and require a focus to aim lost in twitch shooters. I see this game being my go to fps until destiny comes out. Expand
  82. Nov 22, 2013
    While the campaign can be frustrating at times, and there is never really a clear understanding of where you need to go next, it is a very engaging story. But its shortcomings are more than made up for in Multiplayer.

Fantastic game!
  83. Dec 17, 2013
    Superb Game. Loved the Single player Story and the multiplayer is sublime! keeps me coming back for more and more and more and more and more and more and.....
  84. Dec 26, 2013
    Graphics: Best graphics to date, alongside BF3. 10.

Sound: Gun sounds check, voice acting check, voice actors unchecked. Possibly the worst reaction I have seen in a game where a kid witnesses his father die (in the beginning). Just terrible, and terribly voiced. Other than that Helghast sounded great. The music/theme was excellent, definitely the great Killzone theme. 8.5.

Gameplay: Multiplayer is back! Feels much better than part 3, and on similar ground to part 2. The campaign feels more open, giving you objectives to do at your leisure. The objectives are sometimes hard to spot. There’s a whole level that’s basically a puzzle. Overall the campaign was enjoyable but the previous Killzone 3 was overall just better. 8.5.

Story: Like the gameplay the pacing is good but the overall execution isn’t as good as the previous. 8.5.

Replay Value: 8-10 hour campaign, and multiplayer that is better than Call of Duty Ghosts. I’d recommend this as an excellent launch title for your PS4. 10.

Overall Score: 9.1 out of 10.
  85. Nov 24, 2013
    Click the link of the profile of people giving this game zeroes. They gave the X1 launch games tens while giving the ps4 launch games zeroes.

As far as the critics, they said this game and BF4 had mediocre campaigns, yet the bad campaign in BF4 held no weight in its score. Hmm... kind of hard to take reviews seriously, now.
  86. Nov 22, 2013
    Killzone is an amazing high quality shooter that will be fun for a while. When i first saw the game at E3 i was amazed by the graphics and when i play the game i am still amazed. This is by far the prettiest launch title across both consoles and it goes nicely with the fun and more unique multiplayer. The multiplayer is not focused on prestige like other First Person shooters are all about. This multiplayer is more about just enjoying playing it along with unlocking cool player cards. At first i have to say it can be a bit confusing due to the menus not being easy to navigate but once you start using it you will find yourself being able to maneuver it quite easily. The gamemode Warzone is very fun to play and exciting. The game is also not as focused on kills like other FPS games are but more focused on a collective score from missions, kills, and challenges. The campaign is also fun and offers a good challenge. The campaign is fun and a great bonus to the solid multiplayer. For the average Call of Duty player you may find yourself not liking it just because its not what your used to but if you give it a chance and or you feel Call of Duty is getting old, this is a great title to pick up! I would give this game a solid 9.5 but because there is no option and there are negative reviews for no good reason i will give this a 10. If the menus were a little more easy to navigate however i would probably have given this a 10 anyways. Expand
  87. Nov 19, 2013
    Such an awesome game. I'm already on my second playthrough. The gameplay is so much fun. The graphics are the best ever in a game (unless you have a 4K TV, not even Metro Last Light or Crysis 3 on 1440p ultra settings looks better).

The really impressive thing is that the gameplay is Shadow Fall's strong point, not the graphics. Not only is the shooting amazing, it's so good that it
    doesn't even have auto aim in it because of how good it feels. The OWL and tactical echo allow you to carefully plan how you want to play as do the much larger and more open levels.

The story is great. It's very intriguing and more relatable than past Killzones. Believe it or not, this game does make you think about your own morality. It's not just a bro shooter like CoD or BF4.

The setting is absolutely incredible. From the dark and atmospheric slums of New Helghan, to the absolutely gorgeous Vekta City. Plus there are some surprise locations along the way including a trip to a VSA battle cruiser near their sun.

The multiplayer is back and better than ever. It's fast paced and balanced and unlike CoD or BF4, it actually rewards the skilled players instead of holding noobs hands. Also, there is no XP system, and all weapons are unlocked from the start. The Custom Warzones add in an interesting element as well and will provide so much replayability to this game. Unlike in CoD, anybody with the game can join, not just friends, and unlike BF4, you don't need to pay a fortune to make a custom server. Don't like dealing with certain weapons and abilities? Make a warzone that excludes them. It's as simple as that. Also, Shadow Fall does use dedicated servers.

Overall, my only complaint is that the game doesn't have an option to swap the analog sticks for players like me who learned to play FPS's on N64, and therefore need to aim with the left stick, not the right. Though I did contact GG on twitter, 3 of them said they're looking into adding it so hopefully they fix that.
  88. Nov 19, 2013
    Killzone Shadow Fall is like a science fiction anti manicheism game with some Far Cry 3's fun gameplay. Gorgous graphic, addictive multiplayer. Better than the previous Killzone by far.
  89. Nov 20, 2013
  90. Nov 21, 2013
    This is the definitive Killzone experience that was long pass due. Now only is it the best looking game Next-Gen thus far, it takes elements from Cryteks Crysis series while still holding true to the Killzone style that makes this game a wonder to behold. This game is entirely a must buy for PS4 adopters and with it's 13hrs length, it'll definitely keep you going for quite some time. The Multiplayer is deep and balanced and all the while addictive—it's deep with it's very own custom Warzone along side the classic game modes, deep class editing and weapon attachments and leveling up based on kills is scrapped for a more fluent point system. 1500 challenges to unlock and the more you unlock, the more it shows next to your PSN ID. Buy this game, it's worth your time. Expand
  91. Nov 22, 2013
    This game simply looks amazing! I have always been a killzone fan from the 2nd installment and continue to this day I'm so glad to be playing Killzone Shadowfall. It looks great and the tactical echo is also something I really like. The game play is now diversified and gives you the opportunity to do things the way you play and like to play. And have I told you it looks GREAT? IT tools AMAZING!
  92. Nov 25, 2013
    the cool and solid gameplay better graphic than battlefield4 good cinematic cut scene sound and music are magical multiplayer part same past time and killzone sf has good server
  93. Dec 2, 2013
    We can all agree that this is one of the best looking games available today. I have a top-spec gaming PC and the PS4's graphic prowess and fluidity still blow me away. This is where optimisation for consoles really shines.

Graphics aside, I have read several reviews describing Killzone: Shadow Fall as boring. Phrases like "cookie-cutter FPS" are commonplace, and some say the
    breathtaking graphics only offset the "tedium" of gameplay. I couldn't disagree more. It may be predictable, but only in an exemplary fashion. Much like a Steinway & Sons piano, you know what to expect and there are no surprises but it still plays beautifully. This isn't a boring FPS, it is everything an FPS should be.

The campaign on hard is pretty hard. It makes for a fun challenge and demands strategic efforts, somewhat unlike CoD and Halo. Killzone's campaign feels, to me, a little bit like the best bits of Ghost Recon and CoD combined, with a unique Killzone essence thrown in to the mix. The story, however, is bad. It's a childish commentary on foreign policy which, I can't imagine, would be taken seriously by anyone with a real interest in such issues. A political discussion isn't what an FPS is for, obviously, so perhaps we shouldn't be too critical of it. I just can't help thinking that they should have stuck to a less politically orientated story.

The multiplayer is excellent: queues are short, game modes are interesting, maps are fantastic and the roles are more balanced than in the previous Killzone. The scout's invisibility now works in a way that is useful but not overpowered/used by every single player on the map. Every role (scout, assault and support) is useful and remains viable even when played as they are intended to be played. Much unlike trying to play a sniper like a sniper on CoD (think jumping around like a cloaked rabbit, quick-scoping a man wielding a heavy machine gun 10 metres away).

If you like FPS games further than just CoD, you will like Killzone: Shadow Fall. A must-buy for any PS4 owner.
  94. Dec 18, 2013
    I honestly went into this game with the expectations that i wasnt going to like it, but it turns out i was wrong, thankfully. Its fun to play. The Multiplayer is fast paced at times and seems to be decently balanced, and the Campaign is short but not so short it feels incomplete but its got a good story that ends on the perfect note.
  95. Dec 1, 2013
    This game is beautiful, beautiful countryside and a fabulous story. I put 9 because the multiplayer interface is not nice, it is very poorly done, but the multiplayer itself is great, very well. So -1 due to the interface.
  96. Dec 6, 2013
    Gameplay is fantastic.
    Graphics are the best so far out of ANY next gen game on any console.
    Sound is excellent. Good voice acting and gun sounds/explosions.
    Online is awesome.

Best launch game of the current gen easily.
  97. Jan 4, 2014
    All The Zeros Come From Xbox Fan Boys If You Click Their Name You Will See All Zero For PS4 And All 10 For Xbox One Witch Is Sad Id Give This Game A SOlid 8 But Too Many Fan Boys Have Ruined This Its Definitely Better Then A 7 Great Campaign Even Tho Some Parts Were Annoying Like The Free Fall Areas The Online Looks Great And Doesnt Slowdown But The Best Part Is The Graphics They Set The Tone For The Ps4 And Next Gen Do Yourself A Favor And Pick Up This GEM Also I Loved The New Control Scheme (L2 Aim R2 Shoot) As Opposed To Using Analogs Like Killzone 2 Expand
  98. Dec 16, 2013
    Killzone: SF is a brilliant and challenging game with excellent AI and sublime graphics, gameplay and a far better Multiplayer than COD. Definitely one of the best single player FPS out!
  99. Dec 26, 2013
    Beautiful fun game too play. Don't know how people troll so hard and give this game a 0 you guys are pathetic. Levels are great, guns are fun, perfect game imo to launch with the ps4.
  100. Dec 28, 2013
    Gorgeous, thrilling and addictive, Killzone Shadowfall is the best game in the franchise so far.

Halo meats Metal Gear Solid and Deus ex in this fun shooter. The sense of open world roaming is a fresh takes on the genre as it lets you choose how to engage each mission. You can either go the stealthy route, avoiding detection while assassinating your enemies from the shadows or blasting
    your way open, zip-lining your way in or simply running in guns blazing. It is often even possible to avoid conflict entirely with clever use of the shadows and distractions. However you choose to engage each level Killzone Shadowfall rewards you for playing smart and punishes you for being reckless and that's what I love about the gameplay, it forces you to think before taking action. The game does a great job introducing you to these different aspects early on, showing that there are many ways to complete each mission. This also adds great replayability.

The environments are stunning, at times I had to simply stop and take in the gorgeus scenery. The sound and music is spot on in almost every scene of the game and does a good job adding to the atmosphere. The story starts rather weak but quickly turns thrilling as the plot unfolds. My only criticism is that while it is a good story it is also pretty obvious. Still this is by far the best single player campaign of any shooter, second only to Bioshock Infinite (CoD and BF don't even come close). I can't wait to see what the future holds for this franchise.

1. Feb 13, 2014
    A very good and varied multiplayer FPS. Some things, like the big attack/defend scenarios, were better on Killzone 3. [Jan 2014]
  2. Jan 22, 2014
    In attempting to juggle so many balls at once, it simply loses control and bats them all over the place in a crazed, lurching frenzy as it tries to stop the whole thing from falling apart.
  3. Jan 15, 2014
    Whatever the reason was for making Shadow Fall in the first place, the result is a mixture of bland, annoying and weird.