Killzone: Shadow Fall PlayStation 4

• Release Date: Nov 15, 2013
6.8

Mixed or average reviews- based on 2003 Ratings

1. Apr 26, 2016
    I’ve only played the campaign as I am not interested on playing this kind of games online. I must say that the campaign felt quite different in comparison to the other killzones. The other killzones were much more epic, I mean the setting was a proper war whereas this one was more of a covert ops game. Don’t get me wrong this does not mean the game is all about infiltration and stuff, itI’ve only played the campaign as I am not interested on playing this kind of games online. I must say that the campaign felt quite different in comparison to the other killzones. The other killzones were much more epic, I mean the setting was a proper war whereas this one was more of a covert ops game. Don’t get me wrong this does not mean the game is all about infiltration and stuff, it isn’t, in my opinion it is still a bullets flying everywhere festival. This, for me, means that in terms of story I found it was slightly less interesting but the gameplay is quite similar to the other killzones which is good. Summarising here, I’d say is fun to play with a plot that gives you and excuse but won’t surprise you.

Graphics and sound are pretty good with some scenarios that will let you “wow, this is good”, but it is not as amazing as some game magazines say. It is good but just that, good. I have to say that the level design is excellent though, the scenarios are quite big and in a lot of situations, they give you the chance of addressing a situation in several different ways.

Overall, I’d say is a good shooter, not great, there’s much better stuff out there but you’ll have some decent fun playing the campaign.
  2. Apr 15, 2016
    Killzone Shadow Fall is a first-person shooter video game developed by Guerrilla Games and published by Sony Computer Entertainment

Killzone Shadow Fall opts for a more open-ended, stealth-based approach. Levels are much more open than in previous games, allowing for multiple ways/routes to complete objectives. Also in Shadow Fall, for the first half of the campaign, the player is alone in firefights, with the OWL as the player's only companion, which is able to lay down cover fire, among other abilities. During the second half onward, the player is occasionally joined by Echo as an ally, where she is able to snipe enemies marked by the player
  3. Apr 11, 2016
    I have played so many FPS games but this was the one that caught me for a solid amount of time making itself as the perfect start the ps4 needed. The graphics were by far the best in any game it has a sense of vividity and freedom in its limited range of combat. the biggest and really good addition in the gameplay was Avle or something that can save you, attack your
  4. Apr 7, 2016
    The graphics were amazing. Sadly, that is the only good thing about this game. The gameplay was very clunky for a FPS, the multiplayer modes were set up terribly and were flat out boring, and the game lacked story. It was the worst FPS I've played in a while.
  5. Apr 5, 2016
    Очень красивая, но однообразная в плане геймплея игра. Искусственный интелект противников отвратителен, а мультиплеерная часть значительно уступает конкурентам.
  6. Mar 29, 2016
    It's a good game but defiantly nothing amazing, lacks a story although it has good action and a good gadget. Not much more i can say about this apart from it's stunning graphics.

pros
    - stunning graphics
    - good shooting mechanics and gadget
    - okay for a ps4 exclusive

Cons
    - fails for a engaging story
    - can seem repetitive
    - only just come out on top in the killzone franchise
  7. Mar 24, 2016
    I would write as much as I possibly can about Killzone: Shadow Fall, but I honestly can not remember half of it. It is not a bad game, but nothing about it is good.

The gameplay is solid enough, as it has been in previous Killzone games. The graphics in this launch title really do show off what the next-generation of consoles can really do and, credit where credit is due, the world that you play in is beautiful. However, that is all this game really has to offer. I can not recall one character's name, the plot of the game, or any interesting gameplay mechanic.

It is an average game that is boosted by its beauty, but held back by its lack of originality.
  8. Mar 22, 2016
    A launch title for PS4. Good graphics and gameplay, multiplayer was bleh and campaign was no where near as good as KZ3. KZ3 is the definitive KZ, not this.
  9. Mar 18, 2016
    Killzone Shadow Fall is an average attempt to bring Killzone back into the limelight. The graphics in Shadow Fall are amazing, and they really show off the power of the PS4, unfortunately, everything else about Shadow Fall fails miserably. Firstly, the AI is as dumb as a rock, enemies will run straight into your line of fire, being instantly shredded apart by your bullets. Secondly, TheKillzone Shadow Fall is an average attempt to bring Killzone back into the limelight. The graphics in Shadow Fall are amazing, and they really show off the power of the PS4, unfortunately, everything else about Shadow Fall fails miserably. Firstly, the AI is as dumb as a rock, enemies will run straight into your line of fire, being instantly shredded apart by your bullets. Secondly, The story is very lackluster and forgettable, I don't remember any of the characters' names. The multiplayer should keep you playing for a couple of weeks though, it is pretty good. In short, only buy Shadow Fall if your'e a hardcore Killzone fan, but for the rest of us, there are other shooters in the market. I'm sure Guerilla will deliver with Horizon Zero Dawn. Expand
  10. Mar 6, 2016
    Good looking game, but not great game.
    covering system not good.
    Run and shoot.
    Few missions so annoying - when amount of enemies and area size or tools to deal with them is unfair just getting crossfire all over a place.
  11. Jan 12, 2016
    Previous games in the Killzone series have stood out as amongst the best of what Sony's systems have to offer. That makes this latest entry so much more disappointing. While not entirely bad there's enough going wrong here to make it worth passing up.

For starters there's the campaign, which just feels like a way to show off the graphical capabilities of the PS4 rather than providing a fun experience. Make no mistake, this is a gorgeous game. Unfortunately visual splendor can only carry an experience so far. With boring storytelling, frustrating shootouts, pathetic weapons, and occasionally unresponsive controls the single-player experience falls short. The biggest issue with the campaign is just that it doesn't feel like Killzone. What we get instead is just a really bad Call of Duty.

The multiplayer on the other hand is a blast. It's fun, chaotic, and most definitely Killzone. However it too isn't without it's flaws. For one the experience in dying rather quickly. You can still almost always find full matches of team deathmatch, but the other modes it just comes down to when you look. There are times when the game will be buzzing with activity, and times when you'll be wondering where everyone is. Bot matches are available, but they just aren't the same.

It's a shame the more objective based modes are the ones that are usually empty. Those are the ones that keep people moving. Unfortunately most TDM matches end up with a lot of camping. They usually turn out with one team trapping the other in their spawn base. Matches are still action packed and both sides can still get kills regardless if they're the trapper or the trapped, but it can really suck getting holed up like that.

Shadow Fall's multiplayer portion can still be a heck of a lot of fun, but the camping and an ever diminishing player base are turn offs. With the single-player offering falling flat on it's face and the co-operative mode only being available as paid DLC it's hard to really recommend it. It's a big disappointment considering it's part of the usually excellent Killzone series. It can still provide some competitive thrills, but no one would blame you for passing this game in favor of games that are more satisfying overall.

I give it a 6.2/10
  12. Jan 7, 2016
    Whilst the graphics are truly stunning and worthy of Next-Gen, the games story mode is slightly lacking in atmosphere. The online side of the game has a whole branch of positives, but ultimately flows in a style I found slightly unrewarding. Despite such factors, I found myself gripped at times by what was on screen.
  13. Dec 28, 2015
    This Game Was a joke sometime hard sometime easy sometime story get amazing sometime boring its a mess but i still expect something from it and it was not a very good game
  14. Dec 24, 2015
    I am a huge Killzone fan and was actually really into the competitive multiplayer scene PS3.

That being said: Shadow Fall is absolutely dreadful. At least the single player is. Franchises should move forward, not backward. No human being could play Killzone 2 or even KZ3 and then play Shadow Fall and deem this one better. I was really sad playing this. I actually talked it up to my girlfriend a lot and then she sat down with me as I started the game and watched the first hour or two... At the time I was trying to cover for it saying things like, "Well, some games start slower babe" etc... Ugh. Needless to say it never got better. I know they were trying to push the exploration concept rather than straight forward gameplay but it was definitely not an improvement. I did complete the game of course but was not impressed.

I played the multiplayer some (maybe 20 or 30 hours even) but I just couldn't get into it like the last couple Killzones. I took it back to Best Buy and the guy told me he had been receiving a LOT of them. I don't like being an outlier when reviewing things and I hate commenting on other reviews but I really feel like anybody who rates this 8 or higher needs to take a step back and play a Killzone game from 10 years ago to see how it compares.
  15. Dec 22, 2015
    Not a bad game, not amazing. Campaign was good in parts, but sometimes felt a bit meaningless, and the last mission with the stealth was VERY frustrating. OWL was interesting, but felt more of a gimmick.
  16. Dec 1, 2015
    The game is absolutely gorgeous not doubt it! You wanna is stop and looking around in each mission the environment is amazing, the reply value is good, the guns absolutely my favorites this game is a masterpiece of FPS but I won't give this game high rating because doesn't deserve it and I will explained the game has a horrible storyline in this game disappointed, bored and anoying with aThe game is absolutely gorgeous not doubt it! You wanna is stop and looking around in each mission the environment is amazing, the reply value is good, the guns absolutely my favorites this game is a masterpiece of FPS but I won't give this game high rating because doesn't deserve it and I will explained the game has a horrible storyline in this game disappointed, bored and anoying with a main character no one will remember him. Was a wasted of a good material here thought! This game could be won many game awards but the story really screw up everything! The game can be repeated so anoying sometimes you can just hide and wait other do your job. The final is sad in terms of boring how horrible ending...This game will be disappoint the fans of Killzone. For new gamers will be alright for some time. Hope the next Killzone will be better and a consistent storyline. Expand
  17. Nov 14, 2015
    Killzone does the job, nothing more, nothing less. It shows what the PS4 can do technically and that the Dualshock 4 is finally FPS-friendly. But that's all.
  18. Oct 23, 2015
    Un juego que no tiene que ver casi nada con la saga, la campaña para mi es una de las mejores de su género, pero con un online muy pobre comparado con Killzone 2, ese juego puso el listón del juego online demasiado alto. Un buen juego si quieres un modo campaña de Shooter en condiciones.
  19. Sep 3, 2015
    I couldn't judge the book from the cover so I gave it a shot and played for hours and here is my feedback

Graphics: over all is good some few interfering between the Kalin and the walls occurred in the early stages but overall is good. Features : the Drone idea is mind blasting and easly control, Control: very good my only negative feedback that i m not a big fan of High techs space

Features : the Drone idea is mind blasting and easly control,
    Control: very good
    my only negative feedback that i m not a big fan of High techs space video games cuz it has a lack of moral and any kind of storyboard, this game has no point and dont waste your time following the conversation between the characters as that wont change anything
  20. Aug 21, 2015
    The events of Killzone Shadow Fall take place thirty years after the events of Killzone 3. Set in a time of planetary colonization, the game focuses on the conflict between the Vektans and the Helghast, two rival colonist factions inhabiting a remote planet. For 3 decades, both factions have lived side by side, separated by an enormous security wall – but now their cold war is about to runThe events of Killzone Shadow Fall take place thirty years after the events of Killzone 3. Set in a time of planetary colonization, the game focuses on the conflict between the Vektans and the Helghast, two rival colonist factions inhabiting a remote planet. For 3 decades, both factions have lived side by side, separated by an enormous security wall – but now their cold war is about to run hot. It is up to Lucas Kellan, a member of the military intelligence unit dubbed the Shadow Marshals, to try to protect the fragile peace that exists. A new warrior for a new era of war, Kellan 's missions will range from quiet infiltrations to all-out combat. Lucas will need to be methodical and ready to adapt, as any misstep could lead to mutually assured destruction. Expand
  21. May 28, 2015
    Killzone Shadow Fall is a good game. It has fun shooting, diversity with puzzles and environments, amazing artwork and good level design. The Owl defense drone allows for tactical gameplay as well.

The story, however, is below average and characters outside of Echo aren't interesting. Echo is a good character, though. The UI is a mess, and gunplay, while solid, could be a little tighter.

A good game overall definitely worth 10-15 hours of fun.
  22. May 27, 2015
    this game should have been called killzone: autocad max as thats all it feels like, a flashy cad model simulator. ooh look at the nice gfx, yes they are nice and very smooth so whilst the level design and art guys did a great job the gameplay guys forgot to turn up for work. this is boring, the story is a mash of nonsense and the combat is like a fallover dead simulator but that doesntthis game should have been called killzone: autocad max as thats all it feels like, a flashy cad model simulator. ooh look at the nice gfx, yes they are nice and very smooth so whilst the level design and art guys did a great job the gameplay guys forgot to turn up for work. this is boring, the story is a mash of nonsense and the combat is like a fallover dead simulator but that doesnt matter as it restarts you ten paces back.
    im happy my policy of only ever buying second hand games means i paid 1/5th of full price but even that seems like too much.
  23. May 22, 2015
  24. Apr 24, 2015
    I guess Killzone was the best PS4-launch game. Good graphics, a sort of showcase for the PS4. But when you play it, you realize that Killzone has a poor content. The solo mode is short and the scenario is mediocre. Multiplayer mode is a deception too. It is too simple, not deep enough, you cannot spend hours on KZ unless you never played any other good multiplayer FPS.

There is a coop

There is a coop mode, but a 15€ DLC of course
  25. Apr 23, 2015
    This game is great as a launch title for showcasing what the PS4 could be able to deliver. It takes full advantage of the PS4 controller (something than more recent games fail to do) and the multiplayer is probably its best part.

On the other hand, the graphics are good, but not awesome. The story sets out to be interesting, but after a few hours it will turn out to be dull and repetitive. It's pretty much the same with the weapons and everything else in it.

It's worth a shot if you got it for free when you bought the console, as I did, or if you find an incredible deal.
  26. Apr 22, 2015
    Where do I start with Killzone: Shadow Fall? Do you start with it's beautiful graphics that gives a pc a run for it's money? Or should I start with the boring and typical First Person Shooter campaign. This game left me feeling disappointed, but at the same time, extremely impressed with my ps4. I was bored throughout the shooting gallery of a campaign, even though it showed some flashesWhere do I start with Killzone: Shadow Fall? Do you start with it's beautiful graphics that gives a pc a run for it's money? Or should I start with the boring and typical First Person Shooter campaign. This game left me feeling disappointed, but at the same time, extremely impressed with my ps4. I was bored throughout the shooting gallery of a campaign, even though it showed some flashes of excellency. I wish we would have been in the city more throughout it, not just one mission. Now, to look at the multiplayer, one of the best in this series. I played killzone 3 multiplayer extensively on the ps3, enough to understand how these games work. This game provides 0 aim assist, and on console, it can be very difficult. But the experience I had with the multiplayer was great, it's what saves this game. Also the free dlc maps from the developer helps, wish we would see that more. Expand
  27. Apr 7, 2015
    Unbelievable nice presentation but rather mediocre every were else. At best its solid but nothing special. There are some moments in the game that really let it shine but there are also a lot of boring and repetitive firefights. I personally thing that Killzone 2 and 3 are way better games! But you can get ist for like 15€ so you should give it a try!
  28. Apr 2, 2015
    Sadly, I knew from the opening sequence that this game wasn't going to be very good. I had high expectations that were not only not met but actually dashed to bits. In a nutshell, this game stinks.

First is the environment. Forget the lush visuals of the trailers and promos. at least 80% of the game will be spent in dark rooms, hallways, corridors, outer space, spacecraft, vent shafts and other drab environments. Second, the navigation stinks. The navigation and objective markers are very confusing at times. And that's only when the directional objective marker actually feels like appearing (there were several times I tried to invoke it, only to get a text display of my objective and nothing more). It can be more confusing than helpful at times, especially when it rotates 360 degrees, like when you're in outer space, zero gravity or on a multi-level structure. And some of the mission objectives are just downright confusing. You'll get a vague hint like "assist so and so" but it doesn't tell you that this assistance involves several steps that aren't very intuitive.

The weapons for the most part are decent but there are major shortcomings. For instance, the game loves to put you in rooms full of ammunition and weapons like you're in a candy store but you can only carry a ridiculously small supply. You get one primary weapon, one secondary and a max capacity refill of reach. There are two types of grenades but you can only carry one type at a time. When you're looking at a weapon on the ground, you can see the specs for it but the lame comparison leaves a lot to be desired. Instead of orange and green bars to indicate more or less power, just do a side by side. The worst glitch with the weapons is that some of them will simply refuse stop working and refuse to fire. There is no explanation, no little text message to say "too close to target" an indication that the weapon is empty or anything. Nope, you just sit there pressing R2 like a maniac while getting riddled by the enemy. As if ridiculous cheapness were';t enough, the AI enemies even do little victory dances over your body and take cell phone pics of their kill. So after the game fails on you, it celebrates its failure in tacky fashion.

There are adrenaline packs that you can use during battle. They will restore your health and also give you a temporary slowed down Matrix style "bullet time" boost. It's helpful when facing a few enemies but pretty much useless when needed most, against scores of enemies as you'll encounter in the latter stages of the game. Like the weapons, they also seem to disappear without warning when you need them most. I'll start a new section with a full supply of adrenaline packs but somehow go down and see the message "no adrenaline packs available".

The tactical echo and O.W.L. were the only two things that really stood out about the game and even they had their faults. They are usually excellent tools in your arsenal, especially for helping deal with the darker environments. The tactical echo acts almost like a heat sensor, displaying enemy silhouettes through walls, doors or floors. The O.W.L. is your personal drone that is capable of providing a shield, attacking enemies, disabling enemy shields and hacking computer systems which accomplishes numerous objectives like disabling alarms, opening doors, navigating ships, disabling security systems, etc. Unfortunately, when you use the most useful features like shield and pulse, it quickly drains the O.W.L. and it will end up off in a corner recharging when you really need it. Also, as far as engagement, although it occasionally kills enemies, (more in the beginning than latter stages), by the last few chapters of the game, it amounts to little more than a distraction and hacking device. 99% of the enemies will need to be dispatched by you.

All in all, I played the game only because I paid for it. I can wholeheartedly say if this were offered free as a PS-Plus game of the month or some other deal, I likely would have deleted it by now. I would not buy the game again if given the chance all over again, but everyone has different tastes. My advice is to watch a couple play through videos online just to get a grasp of the environment you'll actually be playing in versus the much prettier environments shown in the ads. Might not hurt to rent it first as well, if you're able to do so. Otherwise, grab it in a bargain bin as cheap as possible or wait to see if Sony offers it as a free PS plus game (highly likely in the near future) if you simply must have it.

However, if frequently getting lost in dark environments with malfunctioning weapons and vague directives while having enemies twerk over your body and take cell phone pics after a ridiculously cheap kill seems like fun, then dive on in. This is the game for you!
  29. Mar 25, 2015
    The gameplay is fluid and has good FPS mechanics.Graphics are good being a PS4 release game.Is not the the best PS4 game or even a great PS4 game but is a good one and will bring you some hours of correct FPS game an a decent history and characters development.
  30. Feb 26, 2015
    This game was more to showoff the graphics of the PS4 which was effective. However, due to that, the campaign really suffers and I wasn't interested in it at all. Multiplayer is really fun though!
  31. Feb 24, 2015
    My first Killzone game. Look amazing, but gameplay is not good. Story line is average without one exciting moment.
    MP have a lot of skills, which spoils fun ( flying drones, turrets a lot of others... )
  32. Feb 2, 2015
    This game has the feel of something just being slapped together to get a PS4 exclusive out on the market. The graphics are generally fantastic and the locations are often very cool but the gameplay, controls and story are consistently weak. The controls do not allow for quick access to anything in combat so the game lacks any fluidity or opportunity to improvise. If the combat in Far Cry 4This game has the feel of something just being slapped together to get a PS4 exclusive out on the market. The graphics are generally fantastic and the locations are often very cool but the gameplay, controls and story are consistently weak. The controls do not allow for quick access to anything in combat so the game lacks any fluidity or opportunity to improvise. If the combat in Far Cry 4 is rated anywhere from 8-9, Killzone Shadow Fall is a 5-6. The AI is unremarkable and you can often see it just standing frozen in combat until you change your position. The pacing of the game is awkward and you sometimes wonder what the hell should be happening or why you're not shooting enemies. For $50 this game is just bad, for $15 bucks this game might be acceptable if you're really bored. Overall this game feels like a tech demo to show off some cool graphics. Expand
  33. Jan 30, 2015
    Killzone: Shadow Fall is a good game that is unfortunately not as good as the previous two installments. The story is weak and disbanded, and the gameplay is repetitive. However, that being said, this is still a fun game to boot on the Playstation 4.
  34. Jan 29, 2015
    That absence of meaningful evolution might be Killzone: Shadow Fall's biggest sin. For all the next-gen bluster of its visuals and the repeated blunt-force attempts to ram a message home, Guerrilla's first shot on the PS4 retreads shooter cliches, and poorly. In a launch lineup crowded with shooters, Killzone: Shadow Fall sits at the bottom.
  35. Jan 9, 2015
    It felt like this game was made so that it could be released as a launch title that shows off the PS4's hardware.

The gameplay is solid and it's always fun running around sniping average AI's. The story is one that you'll probably only like if you have been interested in the Killzone storyline, but of course, with an FPS game, you'll be excused if you press X and skip a cutscene or two.

The multiplayer is decent, but with games like Battlefield 4 and Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, there are definitely better options for online multiplayer games.

So, overall it is a pretty fun shooter, but it is a launch title that had a little more thought put into the graphics than the features. It was definitely one of the best Launch titles for the Playstation 4. It's the worst Killzone game, but it's still a good game.
  36. Jan 9, 2015
    killzone Shadow Fall is great because of multiplayer. there are many beautiful maps and firefight is intense. Single player is ok to play but this game is all about multiplayer !
  37. Jan 6, 2015
    A great game marred by the abysmal single player campaign, its such a pity the multiplayer was left undone, imo the best mp shooter since KZ3 the best in the series.

They improved upon all the skills for each classes and created a new dimension of warfare. Also the fantastic customisable game mode which is "non existence" to all mp shooter. during its launch (one month after US in Singapore), i immediately hop on the mp, but to my horror i could not consistently find a proper game with more than half filled with players. i then jump back to BF4 due to the shear amt of players playing.

recently i came back due to the fatigue of destiny, and was disappointed at the unstable connection, drastic lag (+6 sec) dips in every now and then. maybe due to my region. it wasn't this bad for KZ3 which i played a ton.

seriously what a pity...we need a reboot/revamp Killzone as a MP only game!
  38. Nov 19, 2014
    I was a huge fan Killzone 1 and 2 on the PS2. Especially Killzone 1; For its time it was far ahead of many FPS games. So, here comes Killzone Shadow Fall for the PS4, I picked the game up expecting something a lot more than what I received. The graphics were good, and the gameplay mechanics were great, as always with Killzone. But everything else felt very dull and lackluster to me. I feltI was a huge fan Killzone 1 and 2 on the PS2. Especially Killzone 1; For its time it was far ahead of many FPS games. So, here comes Killzone Shadow Fall for the PS4, I picked the game up expecting something a lot more than what I received. The graphics were good, and the gameplay mechanics were great, as always with Killzone. But everything else felt very dull and lackluster to me. I felt like I was playing every other FPS shooter game; "run here, kill enemies, run here, kill enemies, ambushed, kill enemies, etc". I ended up returning it to GameStop after about 6 hours of gameplay and never touching it again.

Overall, Killzone Shadow Fall is a great example of what happens when developers draw out games for too long. They had a great franchise but they beat it to death. Still, I would recommend this game to someone looking for a decent FPS game on this PS4, but it wouldn't be my first game recommendation to someone.
  39. Oct 22, 2014
    Superb graphic but zero story and boring campaign.
    Multiplayer is ok but so slow a heavy feel for me.
    This game is much worst then Killzone 3 and the best KZ game is still 2.
  40. Oct 20, 2014
    About Shadow Fall particularly long talk is not necessary, and will not work. The game turned out certainly very beautiful, revealing and showing us the possibility of a new console, but it has a fairly significant disadvantages that make it not the best of all Killzone. Firstly, the story of the game, even it is a shooter, still should be. And it is desirable that the plot is not viewedAbout Shadow Fall particularly long talk is not necessary, and will not work. The game turned out certainly very beautiful, revealing and showing us the possibility of a new console, but it has a fairly significant disadvantages that make it not the best of all Killzone. Firstly, the story of the game, even it is a shooter, still should be. And it is desirable that the plot is not viewed by 2-3 chapters ahead to the story though sometimes forced to wonder what is happening on the screen. Killzone boast could not. The game contains a couple of interesting points, which the game may be remembered. Ending at all muddy. However, it is worth noting that the game came into the starting line of games from Sony, and it is possible to make small concessions to the game as a "pioneer" and benchmark of the new console. Bottom line: I put the game an average rating for the graphics, but the innovation and some very remarkable chapters that really memorable. It is worth noting a separate word controling drone on the touchpad, it was new and interesting. Ranked # 7 of 10. Expand
  41. Oct 13, 2014
    Про Shadow Fall особо долго говорить не нужно, да и не получится. Игра получилась безусловно очень красивой, раскрывающей и показывающей нам возможности новой консоли, однако у неё есть достаточно весомые минусы, которые делают её не лучшей Килзоной из всех вышедших. Во-первых, сюжет в игре, хоть это и шутер, всё равно должен быть. И желательно, чтобы он не читался на 2-3 главы вперёд,Про Shadow Fall особо долго говорить не нужно, да и не получится. Игра получилась безусловно очень красивой, раскрывающей и показывающей нам возможности новой консоли, однако у неё есть достаточно весомые минусы, которые делают её не лучшей Килзоной из всех вышедших. Во-первых, сюжет в игре, хоть это и шутер, всё равно должен быть. И желательно, чтобы он не читался на 2-3 главы вперёд, чтобы он хоть иногда, но заставлял удивиться происходящему на экране. Килзон этим похвастаться не смог. Игра содержит в себе парочку интересных моментов, которыми игра может запомнится, не более того. Концовка и вовсе мутная. Однако, стоит отметить, что игра вошла в стартовую линейку игр от Sony, и можно сделать небольшие поблажки игре, как "первооткрывателю" и бенчмарку новой консоли. Итог: Я ставлю игре среднюю оценку за графические какие-никакие, но инновации и некоторые очень замечательные главы, которые действительно запомнились. Стоит отметить отдельным слово управление дроном на тачпаде, это было ново и интересно. Оценка 7 из 10. Expand
  42. Oct 12, 2014
    This is a fun game even when sometimes is a little annoying, a little generic FPS nothing special, just some beautiful environments, not very replayable.
  43. Oct 2, 2014
    The graphics are incredible, and the details of the world are impressive historiography of the single player is good, not the best game of the genre or the game of the year, but it's worth a little attention to this title, which tends to greatly improve the fufuro
  44. Sep 30, 2014
    Oh dear, this was certainly not what I was expecting. This game is a prime example of a game that can 'talk the talk' but can't 'walk the walk' per se. The visuals are absolutely amazing, in fact they are some of the best I have ever seen, but that doesn't make up for the boring mission structure and repetitive gameplay. It's not the worst game I've ever played, but I certainly wouldn'tOh dear, this was certainly not what I was expecting. This game is a prime example of a game that can 'talk the talk' but can't 'walk the walk' per se. The visuals are absolutely amazing, in fact they are some of the best I have ever seen, but that doesn't make up for the boring mission structure and repetitive gameplay. It's not the worst game I've ever played, but I certainly wouldn't recommend it. Expand
  45. Sep 24, 2014
    This game has really, really, REALLY good graphics, and is the perfect game to show off the power of the PS4. But I found the gameplay to be just alright. The story mode was just meh. I didn't really understand what was going on half the time, in one part the Helghans invaded the Vectan city but how or why they invaded was not well explained. I also didn't understand the protagonists CO'sThis game has really, really, REALLY good graphics, and is the perfect game to show off the power of the PS4. But I found the gameplay to be just alright. The story mode was just meh. I didn't really understand what was going on half the time, in one part the Helghans invaded the Vectan city but how or why they invaded was not well explained. I also didn't understand the protagonists CO's intentions. What was he trying to gain by torturing the Helghans. The whole story was all over the place. Online was also just okay the maps really were pretty , but also pretty boring to play in. i basically got this game just to show my friends the potential of the PS4. Expand
  46. Sep 16, 2014
    It is a good game, the best thing of this game is the graphics. It beats every other PS4 game graphics. The story is good, but it gets frustrating and boring. The gameplay is nice, weapons are awesome and the touchpad tools too. Also pvp is not so great, it is an average shooter multiplayer.
  47. Sep 7, 2014
    Killzone Shadow Fall has one of the best graphics I've ever seen in video games. But, the single player missions were boring and it was like playing killzone 1, 2, and 3. I was expecting something new or something that I've never experienced before. What I like about it is that you can use the touch pad to control your robot. Multiplayer is stupid because in every match people are spawnKillzone Shadow Fall has one of the best graphics I've ever seen in video games. But, the single player missions were boring and it was like playing killzone 1, 2, and 3. I was expecting something new or something that I've never experienced before. What I like about it is that you can use the touch pad to control your robot. Multiplayer is stupid because in every match people are spawn killing and your stuck in that base till the match is over. I am a fan of killzone but I am sad to see this game to be one of the worst games I've ever played Expand
  48. Aug 23, 2014
    After playing Killzone: Shadow Fall, I get a weird feeling. For all it's ridiculousness, over the top hype and more ridiculousness, I actually miss Killzone 2. It's heavy and slightly sluggish in comparison to CoD and it's ilk felt great with each hit feeling weighty and meaningful.

Fast forwards to today and Shadow Fall leaves me somewhat wanting. The game looks very nice, but strangely unappealing with strange proportions and designs that contradict each other, even more so when the almost standard 'explosive set piece' appears that was triggered by the smallest thing. Weapons and some of the physics feel out of place as well, with enemies jumping back when hit with the shotgun almost as if they were yanked by by a wire while many of the machine guns feel like they don't do much, even surprising me when an enemy hits the ground.

Some design elements also cause problems, with the usual dual weapons but now only one can be swapped. Your health is also not very clear as I've been killed without realising I was near death several times.

Not everything's bad. The semi-openness of levels allows you to approach objectives from different directions or in different orders depending on the scenario, but the story makes each scenario difficult to take even vaguely seriously, especially after the ridiculous back story as to why the Helghast are there in the first place.

The game's worthy of a rental if you're bored, but I'd recommend Wolfenstein over it.
  49. Aug 19, 2014
    Back in 2012 the gaming community went up in arms about how 343i screwed up with a beloved franchise (Halo) by making it more CoDish. Halo 4 still felt like Halo to me.

Guerillas new shooter, claims to be Killzone but even if the Helghast and the Vektans are in it, it still doesn't feel like Killzone. It used to be slugish feel of handling the weapons, this is definitely not the case in Shadow Fall. It used to have fun, innovative weapons, now it's only the main weapon that is interesting... Where the hell is the Boltgun?!?! The main characters used to be the center of attention in the previous games, like how they interacted with one another but now we don't know how he looks like and he has no charisma compared to the other protagonists.

With all that said, It's still a decent shooter. The problems are that the enemy might get stuck in a few places, at some points in the cinematics (gorgeous) there'll be a dramatic pause (I think that's what it's supposed to be) that drags on for too long. No weapon feels as good to use as the main gun and that you never really need another gun unless it's for armoured robots.

It's a beautiful game that just happens to be a little to dependent on the visuals, which are amazingly detailed and as stated earlier, gorgeous. However, it could've been alot better. 6 because there's no Boltgun. 7 otherwise
  50. Aug 13, 2014
    Pretty much a bog standard shooter with next gen graphics. This is pretty much like any other launch title in history. More of the same from the previous gen but with slight upgrades like full HD etc. The graphics are ok in some places, and wow in others. The game itself is an average shooter that you won't remember. It doesn't have those wow moments and it just pretty average.
  51. PMG
    Jul 9, 2014
    If i have to be honest this game is pretty generic. The story is boring with unmerable characters. That said the first true level has sandbox levels of freedom and it is helped along by the zipline. The game has excellent controls and really feel like a game that was designed with the DuelShock 4 as it is very fluid. I will say i have way more fun with other online shooters sinse the lackIf i have to be honest this game is pretty generic. The story is boring with unmerable characters. That said the first true level has sandbox levels of freedom and it is helped along by the zipline. The game has excellent controls and really feel like a game that was designed with the DuelShock 4 as it is very fluid. I will say i have way more fun with other online shooters sinse the lack of a level up feature often makes me fell like i wasted my time if i did badly and that were no rewards. But the game is backed up by excellent visuals, great and varied weapons, and cool map design. Oh yeah and one final thing. The enemys are idiots and yet somehow they manage to have a difficulty spike in the latter sections of the 10 or so hour campain. Expand
  52. Jul 5, 2014
    At times Killzone: Shadow Fall is a very stunning game visually, but if you are anything like me you are looking for something more than just beautiful graphics. The story is very boring and forgettable. My biggest gripe is the linear nature of the game which you see more evident towards the end. Why didn't they make this an open world game? The mega city they designed is amazing,At times Killzone: Shadow Fall is a very stunning game visually, but if you are anything like me you are looking for something more than just beautiful graphics. The story is very boring and forgettable. My biggest gripe is the linear nature of the game which you see more evident towards the end. Why didn't they make this an open world game? The mega city they designed is amazing, leaving players wishing they could explore it all. However, I do understand that would be a daunting task for most developers. The soundtrack in my opinion is very good and sets the tone of the game quite well. I would've rated this game a 7/10, however, the multiplayer is my biggest disappointment. For starters, I am not a pro gamer, or someone who has hours and hours to invest into a game to become good at it. They made it very difficult for casual gamers to pick this one up and hold their own in multiplayer, seeing how they didn't include any aim assist. It's almost impossible for me to stay on targets which most times ends up getting me killed. I'm not sure why they went with no aim assist. Did they feel like they were doing mlg gamers justice by not adding it? I do feel as if the game is worth a buy at $30-$40 for a play through. The game isn't horrible, but it definitely isn't a 9 or 10 quality game. This was my first Killzone game, and could be my last if they do not implement a more manageable multiplayer experience, along with a more thrilling and intriguing quest line and world to explore. Expand
  53. Jun 30, 2014
    The good: very nice graphics, decent gameplay, fun multiplayer.
    The bad: AI is dumb, generic weapons, boring story

I would recommend not to buy this game at full price.
  54. Jun 25, 2014
    First off i'm a huge Killzone fan I own and still play most of the titles don't own a psp or vita so know nothing about them.
    The secondary fire is back thrilled about that was pissed 2 and 3 didn't have them.
    The graphic are stunning. But the story is weak really weak. And there are some punishing difficulty spikes in parts of this game. I'd wait for a price drop if your going to get
    The graphic are stunning.
    But the story is weak really weak.
    And there are some punishing difficulty spikes in parts of this game.
    I'd wait for a price drop if your going to get this game.
  55. Jun 23, 2014
    So let me get this straight. The Vektans destroy Helgan and make it uninhabitable, so they give up half their own planet to the surviving Helgast because they were feeling sorry for them ? Talk about a crappy storyline. Anyway, I enjoyed the previous Killzone games but this one is pretty ordinary. Coupled with the new Sony controller which feels even less comfortable in the hand than theSo let me get this straight. The Vektans destroy Helgan and make it uninhabitable, so they give up half their own planet to the surviving Helgast because they were feeling sorry for them ? Talk about a crappy storyline. Anyway, I enjoyed the previous Killzone games but this one is pretty ordinary. Coupled with the new Sony controller which feels even less comfortable in the hand than the PS3 version and I am glad I got this as a freebie. Particularly annoying is the fact that I can't exchange the basic loadout assault rifle for something else, so I only have one variable weapon option. The OWL is fun to use, but seems to go missing quite often. If you are thinking of spending your money on this one, I wouldn't bother. Expand
  56. Jun 16, 2014
    I think the game was fine. I didn't really enjoyed it much. but I was expecting that. I liked the visuals. Game play experience was good. Definitely having a dron support all the time was great idea.
    Story was nice. You get to play different style from action to stealth. Although stealth wasn't really good at some points. Maybe because it wasn't supposed to be stealthy at those points.
    I
    I really appreciated the checkpoints and chapter select.
    I didn't go through the MP. But I think it was fine too according to other reviews and demos.
    This is 7 for me
  57. Jun 8, 2014
    This review will come from a ones killzone lover, ps2 and ps3 games were amazing, the stories were mind driven, and great graphics.

Shadow Fall ones however failed to impress. With a story that makes no sense, and no connection to previous games of the franchise (or pretty bad ones) it was a deal breaker for me. Amazing graphics? check, facial expressions? check, balanced

Shadow Fall ones however failed to impress.

Amazing graphics? check, facial expressions? check, balanced multiplayer? not really.
    Story that makes sense? nope.

[multiplayer]
    Even the season pass wont be worth 20 bucks, the updates are slow, the balance fixes are slow, and the devs aint seem to be that active at talking to fans about the game.

2/10 - The E3 trails looked better the the final project, such a shame..
  58. Jun 3, 2014
    A poor contribution to the franchise, this game is a real dissapontment when it comes to talk about a ps4 launch game, not as bad as Knack, but stlll a mediocre game, very weak IA, this is not a good game at all.
    No improvements over the previous releases, this is what the ps4 have to offer? really? this must be a joke, someone please show me a good ps4 game before i decide never buy that system
  59. Jun 2, 2014
    Killzone: Shadow fall is a good game that wants to be something great.

While offering beautiful visuals that come close to what any top end PC can offer. Kill zone unfortunately stumbles with sometimes questionable AI, bad voice acting, and bad level design; which at times, can become quite frustrating. However, while it has a lot of bad aspects, it also offers a lot of good. Such
    Killzone: Shadow fall is a good game that wants to be something great.

However, while it has a lot of bad aspects, it also offers a lot of good. Such as great multi-player, a solid single player campaign and a fairly solid story to go with it.

Also, Killzone offers some great weapons and gadgets to play with.

Its just a shame, because with just a little more time and polish, it could have meant the difference between a good game and a great game.

Unfortunately Killzone remains the former.
  60. Jun 2, 2014
    Finished this game last night and really enjoyed it. The shooting mechanics are solid and each weapon has a distinct feel. I also thought the OWL was a cool addition (and a MUST HAVE) in difficult firefights. As far as the graphics go- they are beautiful, easily the best I've seen on PS4. The city views are stunning and really help you to feel immersed. The story was OK, nothing new orFinished this game last night and really enjoyed it. The shooting mechanics are solid and each weapon has a distinct feel. I also thought the OWL was a cool addition (and a MUST HAVE) in difficult firefights. As far as the graphics go- they are beautiful, easily the best I've seen on PS4. The city views are stunning and really help you to feel immersed. The story was OK, nothing new or especially engaging but the ending was memorable. Hint- don't turn off the game when the credits come on! The only other thing I wish the game had was more side missions. Sure you can collect comic pages, newspapers and audiologs but I never really felt the need to look around or explore. Overall a fun experience and worth a playthrough but not a game I'd buy and invest a 2nd run-through in. Expand
  61. Jun 1, 2014
    This game has beautiful graphics and fun online with great gamemodes and equipment to go along with but is brought down with a boring uninspired campaign.
  62. May 29, 2014
    Killzone Shadow Fall has beautiful graphics and some good new ideas but not much else. The enemy A.I is poor, which takes away a lot of the fun of the single player, the plot is not as well developed as it could be. The multiplayer is really nothing special.
  63. May 29, 2014
    Graphics: 7.2 Sound: 7.5 Gameplay: 7.2 Fun/Story: 7.0

An average game, some disappointment with graphics and story. Of course it doesn´t look bad and it has some nice effects and landscapes but PS4 has power for much more.
  64. May 26, 2014
    It has the greatest visuals yet out of all of the current PS4 games, but it is just feels like another standard first person shooter to me. I love some FPS games but they could have made the game-play more exciting and rewarding somehow...
  65. May 26, 2014
    Killzone Shadowfall is one of the most visually stunning shooters to ever grace a console. But once you get used to the shiny next gen graphics, You’ll realise that there’s not really a whole lot of substance under all that style. This is a shining example of a series that has discarded its identity for a grab at mass appeal. It's perfectly decent but painfully generic. Everything inKillzone Shadowfall is one of the most visually stunning shooters to ever grace a console. But once you get used to the shiny next gen graphics, You’ll realise that there’s not really a whole lot of substance under all that style. This is a shining example of a series that has discarded its identity for a grab at mass appeal. It's perfectly decent but painfully generic. Everything in Shadowfall has been done better somewhere else already.

The good:
    For a launch title to look this glorious really does give one something to look forward to. Textures are razor sharp, lighting is amazing and colours are vibrant and warm. It’s ironic how good and prominent the lighting is in a game called SHADOWfall.

The helghast: character models for this faction are detailed and believable. The assault has streamlined armour plating and a predator like visage, the recon wears a cloak and has small lenses to make him less visible whilst the support boasts heavy armour and additional ammo on his person (visual only, though he is the ammo box guy).

Class balance: the way that classes have been handled here is excellent and well thought out. Each has a myriad of interesting options that make sense for the role that they are supposed to play. Though the turret and air support of the support class are very close to being OP, they don’t quite cross that line.

All guns unlocked from the start: if it looks interesting to you it’s right there to use from the get-go. This also counts for abilities

The bad:
    Boost lobbies: Guerrilla games bet everything on the fact that players would make their playlists for them, and provide these to the community. The best the community has been able to come up with is boost lobbies. Most bad points stem from how badly this concept blew up in Guerrilla’s face. No one uses the system meant to serve as the very core of the game.

Generic: everything unique which couldn’t be used on every map for the player created playlists, had to go. No jetpacks or mech’s (these were in Killzone 3) are fine, but the problem is that every single match you play will be identical. This is due to the fact that only the Guerrilla games created playlists have any players in them. the modularity also means that beacons and pylons are used as objectives across multiple modes, these all look the same, adding to the feeling of monotony.

Low player count: on an average weekday in Europe no more than 300 people are playing, at least 250 of them in the extended warzone playlist. Not a problem so long as you can find a lobby, were it not for the fact that community created content is the absolute heart of multiplayer here. That heart isn't beating, that's a problem.

Spawn rape: I put in 20 hours for this review, no match, not a single one, did not involve one team spawn raping the other into oblivion. Matches will end 0-5 almost without exception. Players will wait slightly outside the bounds of the other team’s spawn and then kill them as they round corners meant to prevent easy lines of sight. There is a reason why almost every game has abandoned the turrets and barriers type of spawning base. These are hopelessly easy to exploit because the enemy knows exactly where you HAVE to come from, and will thus lock down every exit easily.

The campaign is pathetic. It's ham-fisted attempts at evoking an emotional response via obnoxious audio diaries or the banal first mission are only compounded by nonsensical attempts at environmental puzzles. Enemies will always notice you but somehow can't think of a more effective means of attack than slowly walking towards you whilst discharging their weapon. Your player character is also an imbecile, he gets himself caught to save some soldiers only to get the ones he was trying to save killed alongside the extra soldiers making the exchange. This for a prisoner vital enough to the Helghast that they'd even agree to a trade in the first place. He could have just killed the main villain easilly and have avoided everything that happened afterwards. The plot expects you to take it very seriously, hence my harsh criticism.

Shadowfall isn't killzone, if you want that, go play killzone 3 on the PS3. In that title your character has mass, and handles as if they are a person with all the heavy gear and armour on that they look to be wearing. The core mode is a superior variant of rush from bad company 2 with cool cutscenes featuring your character and unique weapons that are all equally viable. This on top of the gradually changing level and well balanced classes.

I'm afraid that With Killzone Shadowfall, Guerrilla games shadowfailed. They have delivered a game rife with great ideas but crippled by poor execution and a lack of either direction or its own identity. It certainly isn't a bad game by any means, just not worth your money amidst it's superior alternatives. If all you care about are graphics however, buy it, you will have no regrets.
  66. May 15, 2014
    Shadow Fall is quite a spectacle for those testing out their shiny new PS4 consoles, but some will criticize it for lacking in a true next-gen experience. Visuals are top-notch as is game play, but we have come to expect these from Sony powerhouse Guerrilla Games. However, while the OWL and other features are welcome additions, there is an overall feeling of something lacking in theShadow Fall is quite a spectacle for those testing out their shiny new PS4 consoles, but some will criticize it for lacking in a true next-gen experience. Visuals are top-notch as is game play, but we have come to expect these from Sony powerhouse Guerrilla Games. However, while the OWL and other features are welcome additions, there is an overall feeling of something lacking in the evolution of the series, particularly for the first installment on the PS4. FPS fans as well as fans of the franchise will no doubt get their fix from this title, but there is little memorable here; an experience that is soon forgotten, and one that will quickly be overshadowed by the wealth of promising titles coming soon to next generation consoles Expand
  67. Apr 26, 2014
    One of the more disappointing game to launch on the PlayStation 4. Having been a huge fan of the killzone franchise, this one is by far the worse. It's unrecognisable! This shares no resemblance to the previous games. Killzone was a dark, gritty and intense shooter for hardcore players. It wasn't for everyone but for those who loved it, really loved it. It was unique too, especiallyOne of the more disappointing game to launch on the PlayStation 4. Having been a huge fan of the killzone franchise, this one is by far the worse. It's unrecognisable! This shares no resemblance to the previous games. Killzone was a dark, gritty and intense shooter for hardcore players. It wasn't for everyone but for those who loved it, really loved it. It was unique too, especially Killzone 2. This game is trying to become more of a mainstream success and it has failed. The developers should have stuck with the true killzone, the one with little colour and heavy weighting controls. It was far more exciting. It's not a terrible game, Shadowfall, but poor and uninteresting. Expand
  68. Apr 23, 2014
    Warning. Do NOT determine your purchase on one mans opinion, preferals and reviews. This review contains somewhat harsh feedback but i enjoy this game to an extend and would not regret my 60 euro purchase if i didn't get it as a birthday present.

Killzone Shadow fall is a good game, but as a big Killzone fan it pains me to admit this game is overall the least impressive game in the franchise. The talented FPS developer Guerrilla finally went to the right direction with the story but failed to deliver what it was supposed to become and brought us an underdeveloped story with even less likeable characters than in the previous games with sometimes silly voice acting. Whats worse is the flawed game design, a.i, confusing empty open levels, broken stealth elements during the campaign.

The Multiplayer design is great and you can see developers like Eric Boltjes did their best to listen to fan feedback ad much as possible by making it more teambased than killzone 3. Sadly, the overall dramaticly changed art design and set pieces, which always made the franchise distinct from the typical generic shooters just made it lose its identity and soul.

Contrary to previous killzones, Shadow fall has a more arcady feel, uninspiring looking weapons, gun sounds and sounds of explosions that sound more like arcade machines, rather than feeling like you're on an actual futuristic warfield. Overall, this is a decent, yet the in my opinion best MP shooter that launched up until Titanfall but this is a terrible changd for Killzone fans. For me, Killzone Shadow Fall is an ok, pretty fun Multiplayer shooter with the name Killzone attached to it and the overall change of pace, set pieces and art direction made it lose its Soul.

I really want to see another Killzone game but an actual sequel to Killzone 2 and 3. More colours are fine but please Guerrilla keep the same set pieces and pacing and overall art design and weight the fanbase expected from a Killzone game instead of focussing on a on existent fanbase.

Pros
    Beautiful visuals
    Very Solid, fun, team oriented multiplayer!

Cons
    Very Disappointing and frustrating second half of the campaign
    Underdeveloped Story and Characters
    Uninspiring weapons
    No epic gun sounds and sounds from explosions
    Lacking the epic set pieces and living environment that was present in the Multiplayer in Killzone 3. (My biggest issue)

Killzone Shadow Fall has a lot of design flaws and changes that are less appealing to many, but fortunately for the team oriented MP fanatics, the Multiplayer is impressive to say at least and a lot of fun once you addapt.

Based on my experience i give Killzone Shadow Fall a 7.5/10.
  69. Apr 21, 2014
    Killzone Shadow Fall falls short of everything Guerrilla Games has established with the Killzone franchise. I would even go as far to say that this is the worst Killzone game in the series.

The game consists of sewn together sequences, as if the developers didn't have time to fill in the gaps upon completion. The gameplay and graphics are ok, but there is nothing memorable about this game. In Killzone 2 you controlled a giant mech, in Killzone 3 you had jetpacks and a huge fight in space in Killzone 4 you have... well... nothing really. You have a companion "OWL" you can command for some basic actions like scanning the enviroment, attacking enemies and deploying a grapnel rope; but that would be it really.

The story is as predictable as it is lame, you won't care for any of the characters and most of the time you are alone (unlike Killzone 2 and 3).

This game will be a waste of your money, buy it as a bargain or rent it, you'll be glad you did.

Based on my experience with the single player mode.
  70. Apr 18, 2014
    Great graphics. That's all!
    The storyline is terrible and at the end, you realize that the game isn't fun.
    You just keep playing, hoping an epic moment or a turn in the story.

My first PS4 game is just ok. That is sad.
  71. Apr 6, 2014
    Having a hard time deciding between a 5 and a 6 for this game...

Having a hard time deciding between a 5 and a 6 for this game...

The gameplay was incredibly frustrating. There was very little to offer that was unique, other than the last mission which was a very nice change of pace. The story was interesting, but not enough to keep me interested for a long play session or for playing once more than every other day. The multiplayer felt too clunky for me to enjoy, but that's more on personal preference. The graphics were incredible, but what matters for interactive media is the interactivity, so the gameplay is what really matters here, and it is not up to par with what it should be.

I'll go with a 6.
  72. Mar 31, 2014
    Killzone Shadow Fall is a pretty meh game imo, but the reason why I have a decent score is because it has beautiful graphics and awesome weapons. But the "meh" with this game is the campaign, it is pretty weird and .... (the .... means that I don't wanna spoil it). And on the multiplayer people love to abuse the shield and stays camping outside the spawn.
  73. Mar 27, 2014
    This game isnt a so much badassed game, but it have good graphics and a good gameplay, but the problem is the story and that it isnt a badassed game, but is fun.
  74. Mar 25, 2014
    This game looked awesome in the demos. The game is fun, but it isn't Titanfall. This is about as close as you'll get to it, though. Enjoy your OWLs, and us PC elitists will enjoy our giant metal cans of beans that shoot LASERS AND ROCKETS AND STUFF.
    6 beans in a can of 10.
  75. Mar 25, 2014
    Crap story its predictable go here do this oh wait we can't for some reason please retrace your steps no that's stupid! Only decent thing is the multiplayer but its far from a bf4 more like cod with lasers ill be trading mine in today.
  76. Mar 24, 2014
    Killzone Shadow Fall deserves less, Guerrilla and Sony tried to hide its real resolution and frame drops with false marketing and trying to focus the attention on its awful lightning.
  77. Mar 23, 2014
    Meh.... "Killzone". Blue vs red; good vs evil. Technically pretty good but I don't like the concept at all / at all..... how your dismissive mother might imagine a video game.
  78. Mar 20, 2014
    I enjoyed this game a lot, nice graphics and fluent gameplay. Unfortunately the multiplayer was not that great and there a not too many players.
    On the other hand the game is nothing special, just another shooter so i give it a 7.
  79. Mar 15, 2014
    Killzone: Shadow Fall tries to start the franchise fresh on the PlayStation 4 with new characters, a new setting, and a new art design. Shadow Fall's story has a very interesting set up, Helghan has been destroyed so now the Helghast now live on Vekta and the only thing that separates the races is a giant defense wall. After the set up the story fails to take off and turns out to be aKillzone: Shadow Fall tries to start the franchise fresh on the PlayStation 4 with new characters, a new setting, and a new art design. Shadow Fall's story has a very interesting set up, Helghan has been destroyed so now the Helghast now live on Vekta and the only thing that separates the races is a giant defense wall. After the set up the story fails to take off and turns out to be a bland tale about deception and war. The game play is slightly changed, mainly the controls, as they are simplified to be more fast-paced for shooting. The environments are more open and are very similar to Crysis, where you are free to dispatch your enemies in your own way. The multiplayer is very simple but that is what makes it so good. It feels different from other first-person shooters where you are constantly leveling up and being rewarded. In Shadow Fall you start with all weapons and abilities, and are free you use whatever you like. The graphics are definitely the best looking of the launch titles for the PS4. Unlike other Killzones, Shadow Fall is bright and colorful instead of the dark and gloomy settings of the past Killzones. Killzone: Shadow does some new and different things that are great, but it also still has some short comings that the series is know for. Expand
  80. Mar 15, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Honestly. I cannot give this game more than a six. I am very sorry fanboys, But this is just not up to par. AI Stands around like a confused duck unless you walk up to them, When suddenly they turn their Aimbot on, Its like playing CallOfDuty with an pissed off 8 year old using hacks. The guns are hard to use, As literally, You aim down the scope, **** about a bit then look around for enemies, When you realise you've backtracked to the start of the level, The OWL is ****ing retarded, I'll aim at something for it to hack and it'll go and shoot it. Weapons are impossible to find ammo for, "Oh, Nevermind, I'll sacrifice my OP Pistol" walk around the level for a minute, "Ooh, An ammo box. Goody goody. I just lost a pistol which I wont get back. Ever.". That will be a normal situation for these Killzone fanboys, This game is just, Bad; I never understood what the story was going with, The graphics were great but I'm fairly certain that was the only thing that kept me playing, Until the end. Where my father shot me. Hm. Nice story there.
    Gentleman.
  81. Mar 12, 2014
    *This is a review for the single-player only* This game does it's job, it shows off what the Playstation 4 is capable of with it's fancy visuals and great lighting effects. However, there isn't really anything here you haven't experienced yet. The story is what you'd expect from a run of the mill military shooter. Shooting, set pieces, shooting, set pieces, and so on. It's not a great*This is a review for the single-player only* This game does it's job, it shows off what the Playstation 4 is capable of with it's fancy visuals and great lighting effects. However, there isn't really anything here you haven't experienced yet. The story is what you'd expect from a run of the mill military shooter. Shooting, set pieces, shooting, set pieces, and so on. It's not a great story, I actually found it a chore to continue on with the campaign though. The only reason I finished it is because I had nothing better to play for my Playstation 4. I imagine the multiplayer could be quite fun though. Expand
  82. Mar 12, 2014
    Rushed launch title, beautiful graphics though but the gameplay is lacking for the most part.. I enjoyed very much Killzone 2 and 3, this game isn't even the same calibre as those game... I just thought the game was boring and uninspired.
  83. Mar 11, 2014
    Though graphically strong, the game has little substance beyond the first two missions. A solid shooter, but youve seen all it does after the first 30 minutes. The story is somewhat interesting, but wasted behind bland characters and uninteresting dialogue.
    The multiplayer would be a redeeming factor if it did anything that wasnt mediocre. Slow paced with a lacking community, there is little fun to be had and it feels like a missed opportunity.
    This is definitely a game to buy from the bargain bin.
  84. Mar 10, 2014
    This was my first time playing a killzone game and I liked the game, it had some fun parts however there were some sections that frustrated the hell out of me like the skydiving section. In some sections you will be saying "Please don't die." Overall it's a fun game that is a good addition to your ps4 library.
  85. Mar 2, 2014
    This was the first game I played on the PS4, and what a brilliant game to show off the ps4's technical abilities! The graphics are first class, and as my first Killzone game it marks a good introduction into the story. However the game soon starts to become monotonous, with the same tactics needing to be applied to flurries of enemies. I got over 4 hours into the campaign, so I gave itThis was the first game I played on the PS4, and what a brilliant game to show off the ps4's technical abilities! The graphics are first class, and as my first Killzone game it marks a good introduction into the story. However the game soon starts to become monotonous, with the same tactics needing to be applied to flurries of enemies. I got over 4 hours into the campaign, so I gave it ample chance, but in the end just got plain bored.

It deserves a solid 7, as the graphics and good multiplayer modes make it good purchase, and if you're a fan of the other killzones, and used to this type of gameplay, then don't hesitate.
  86. Feb 11, 2014
    The graphics in this game are it's best feature and even them are not mind blowing. The controls are frustratingly slow and sluggish, the enemies appear from behind all the time, and just after a few shots your dead, but it takes them 5-6 in the face to do so. the game is so linear and leaves you in the lurch and your left wondering what to do and where to go, The ai is extremely poor andThe graphics in this game are it's best feature and even them are not mind blowing. The controls are frustratingly slow and sluggish, the enemies appear from behind all the time, and just after a few shots your dead, but it takes them 5-6 in the face to do so. the game is so linear and leaves you in the lurch and your left wondering what to do and where to go, The ai is extremely poor and inefficient, they sometimes just stand there and do nothing, the friendly ai is even worse they just shout out your macho cliches like "cover me i'm reloading" and so on, and don't directly help you out. Based on the fact you die easily, the controls and game play mechanics are far too slow paced like let's say reloading, melee attacks, your owl attack modes and many more, because of all them aspects being so slow, and your dying so fast, they don't result in a smooth fun game. The story is another typical yawn fest like most killzones that have come before it, the characters are featureless and lack a heart, I honestly have had even more fun on bleeding knack, plus pong, yeah pong too. Expand
  87. Feb 5, 2014
    A great launch title for the PS4. The action can definitely be intense. If you're not into COD or BF then this is the game for you if you are looking for an FPS. My review only covers the single player campaign. I never delved into multiplayer.

There isn't really any sort of customization in this game. You get your main gun, can pick up enemy guns, grab a couple different grenades, but that's really it. Some cool gadgets such as your OWL and scanner do give some semblance of tactics to this game.

My only real complaint is that the story and character development isn't overly strong. It had potential but seemed to be lacking effort.

That being said, the superb action makes up for it and helps keep the overall score up for this game.
  88. Feb 2, 2014
    Killzone Shadow Fall is a fascinating game with a lot of good ideas but it falls short on a few points. First the graphics, Killzone Shadow Fall looks incredible, easily the most the beautiful game I've played, from sprawling, bright vistas to dingy, dark and narrow corridors this game never fails to amaze. The story is very deep with plenty of lore but fails to fully engage due to weakKillzone Shadow Fall is a fascinating game with a lot of good ideas but it falls short on a few points. First the graphics, Killzone Shadow Fall looks incredible, easily the most the beautiful game I've played, from sprawling, bright vistas to dingy, dark and narrow corridors this game never fails to amaze. The story is very deep with plenty of lore but fails to fully engage due to weak and somewhat predictable plot points and an uninspired protagonist in Lucas Kellan. The gameplay is stronger than most other linear FPS games such as the COD franchise due to some unique new features such as the owl which is a cool little flying robot which you can use in either in offensive or defensive ways during combat. Deciding what you would like the Owl to do is done using the dualshock 4's touchpad. You also have the ability to scan an area before entering to locate the position of enemies which allows you to set up how you want to enter a situation wether it be stealthily or guns blazing both are enjoyable and satisfying. The voice acting is passable but doesn't impress and unfortunately the lip syncing is poor which distracts from the game's beauty at times. Towards the end of the game the gameplay starts to feel like a grind and the story was the only thing that kept me going.

The multiplayer is a very enjoyable experience with tight and intense gameplay and uses a game mode that is unique to the Killzone series called warzones which combines multiple game modes into one match and also allows you to create your own games which lets you tailor the game modes to what you feel like playing at the time.

Overall Killzone Shadow Fall is a good game but not great. At times it feels like a tech demo, showing off what the PS4 can do and it succeeds at this. Killzone Shadow Fall's single player campaign is enjoyable enough but the multiplayer presents the lasting value. Killzone Shadow Fall shows off the potential of the PS4 and is a fine way to kick off the next generation of gaming.
  89. Jan 31, 2014
    1st of all, this game is much harder to control than KZ3. Not sure if that's because of the PS4 controller (Analog handle is shorter which makes the fine adjustment nearly impossible).

2nd, the single player game is a big fking mess. It was good.. till you reach chapter 7 and 8. Those two chapters are horrible. Yes, I mean it, the designs are HORRIBLE. The fight at the end of chapter 7 is way too fking hard, even at normal I died like10 times. Also the gliding control at the beginning of chapter 8 sucks a*s, n took me several deathes to figure out how to glide. You guys think it's innovative heh? Hell* no, it's anti-intuitive!

I haven't play the multiplayer yet, but unless it whoas me, the score for this game will remain 5/10. But hey, why should I play the multiplayer with the lame controls when I have the nearly the whole BF series (from 2 to 4) available on my PC?
  90. Jan 28, 2014
    The graphics in this game are crazy good. Leaves on bushes move individually, sunlight creates a slight glare on your scope at the right angle, and dust clouds your vision as grenades and bullets hit the walls around you. The campaign is a little slow to start with some of the levels being rather too long, but the multiplayer is amazing. The maps, classes, and abilities create an FPS thatThe graphics in this game are crazy good. Leaves on bushes move individually, sunlight creates a slight glare on your scope at the right angle, and dust clouds your vision as grenades and bullets hit the walls around you. The campaign is a little slow to start with some of the levels being rather too long, but the multiplayer is amazing. The maps, classes, and abilities create an FPS that requires strategy and not just run and gun techniques to win a match. Unfortunately there are some balance issues that need to be sorted out. Expand
  91. Jan 28, 2014
    Overall this game is average at best. The gameplay is pretty generic when it comes to being an FPS. The graphics are a high point for the game, and the AI are not very intelligent. They do basic processes such as get to cover every now and then, and of course they shoot back at you. There are rarely ever any flanking orders, but sometimes you will hear them shouting back and forth commandsOverall this game is average at best. The gameplay is pretty generic when it comes to being an FPS. The graphics are a high point for the game, and the AI are not very intelligent. They do basic processes such as get to cover every now and then, and of course they shoot back at you. There are rarely ever any flanking orders, but sometimes you will hear them shouting back and forth commands to each other that sadly do not actually happen. The story-line is decent but not overly amazing. It will keep you engaged if you are expecting the equivalent of a blockbuster movie, but don't expect anything worth mentioning years from now.

The major flaws of the game are mainly that it's too generic. There is nothing very revolutionary about the game whatsoever other than its visual quality. Many praise this game for being very difficult but all I see is waves upon waves of enemies which will eventually lead to a death or too until you get the hang of the game. Overall this "adjustment" to difficulty is just poor work on the developers part, but it is one way to get more for less so to speak.

Multiplayer is fun but again there isn't much to keep you hooked past maybe a weeks worth of playing unless you only buy a new game once every few months. My final verdict puts this game at something a KillZone fan should buy but not at the sixty dollar price tag. Wait till it goes on sale then grab it. Or rent it from Redbox or something.
  92. Jan 26, 2014
    Excellent graphics on display but dull, linear missions and run-of-the-mill multi-player make it ultimately unsatisfying. Had to force myself to finish it. Hope to trade it in as soon as a good PS4 game gets released.
  93. Jan 26, 2014
    The graphics are amazing, the gameplay is decent, the multiplayer is fun to an certain degree. But without a level progression system it kinda lacks desire to play. Is it worth $60? No. perhaps $30 to $40, but that is it.
  94. Jan 23, 2014
    This game is garbage. A step backwards in the FPS genre. Sluggish movement, slow animations...just a clunky mess with a pretty coat of paint. Don't waste your money on this
  95. Jan 20, 2014
    When I first got my PS4, I had to have an exclusive to see what the graphics of a next gen game were. So I went for Killzone, and I'm not disappointed with what I saw. The Graphics look amazing, and definitely the best looking game out there on PS4 at the moment. I did feel the campaign was quite boring, the quieter moments didn't really work and the mechanics of some areas just felt weirdWhen I first got my PS4, I had to have an exclusive to see what the graphics of a next gen game were. So I went for Killzone, and I'm not disappointed with what I saw. The Graphics look amazing, and definitely the best looking game out there on PS4 at the moment. I did feel the campaign was quite boring, the quieter moments didn't really work and the mechanics of some areas just felt weird and not very well done. The multiplayer is okay, but you have to compare it with the other shooters released. And I end up going back to BF4 when I'm in the mood for some multiplayer shooter action. Expand
  96. Jan 19, 2014
    This is not a bad game, I only played the online multi-player version. For what I have seen so far, I like it. If you like shooter games you will probably like this one. I am just into more story line mode and a bit of strategy combined but overall I say go for it. I doubt I add this to my collection as I am a bit more serious but it is free to play the online multi player version so I do.
  97. Jan 18, 2014
    Killzone: Shadow Fall is a prime example of the technology the PS4 contains and what games can look like in the next-gen of games we are living in. The plot falls short of the other games in the Killzone series with trying to make up a new premise, like in Halo 4. The gameplay mechanics are done very fluently and add new moves that weren't in past Killzone games. Overall, this isn't theKillzone: Shadow Fall is a prime example of the technology the PS4 contains and what games can look like in the next-gen of games we are living in. The plot falls short of the other games in the Killzone series with trying to make up a new premise, like in Halo 4. The gameplay mechanics are done very fluently and add new moves that weren't in past Killzone games. Overall, this isn't the best Killzone game, but it's not the worst. Expand
  98. Jan 16, 2014
    Kill Zone Shadow Fall, first off this game dose not feel like a KillZone game making the game brighter change the whole feel of it. Yeah the graphics look very pretty but this is next gen do you expect to play games that don't look good? The missions Feel boring and many times you get lost because the objective marker is not clear on what to do or where to go. Overall this game feels likeKill Zone Shadow Fall, first off this game dose not feel like a KillZone game making the game brighter change the whole feel of it. Yeah the graphics look very pretty but this is next gen do you expect to play games that don't look good? The missions Feel boring and many times you get lost because the objective marker is not clear on what to do or where to go. Overall this game feels like a knock off to the pervious KillZone games if you haven't played KillZone 1 thru 3 then You wouldn't mind this game and probably give it an 8 but me a "KillZone fan" this feels like a smack. Also with out giving away any spoilers the story is very cheesy and in the end makes you think why did the writers do this. I really like Sony because of their exclusive games but I truly believe they ruin the series with this and killed it for me. Expand
  99. Jan 16, 2014
    Killzonde: Shadow Fall its a beautiful game and the shows the power of PS4 but gameplay its not that good. Story its repetitive and Multiplayer its not get me
  100. Jan 11, 2014
    It's just a tech demo, nothing less and nothing more. If you want a better Killzone play the original trilogy or Mercenary on the Vita. This is a sorry excuse for a Killzone game.

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Feb 13, 2014
    A very good and varied multiplayer FPS. Some things, like the big attack/defend scenarios, were better on Killzone 3. [Jan 2014]
  2. Jan 22, 2014
    In attempting to juggle so many balls at once, it simply loses control and bats them all over the place in a crazed, lurching frenzy as it tries to stop the whole thing from falling apart.
  3. Jan 15, 2014
    Whatever the reason was for making Shadow Fall in the first place, the result is a mixture of bland, annoying and weird.