• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Nov 15, 2013
6.9

1. Dec 17, 2014
    I preferred KillZone 2. The story feels really childish and is not good enough for an AAA title. Maybe I'm too old for this. The soundtrack was not bad. I did not really enjoy the gameplay, except a few bigger "battles". It felt like I was playing Crysis. The campaign gets really boring fast and I wished the game would end, which happened quickly since the game is short (8 hours max). I'mI preferred KillZone 2. The story feels really childish and is not good enough for an AAA title. Maybe I'm too old for this. The soundtrack was not bad. I did not really enjoy the gameplay, except a few bigger "battles". It felt like I was playing Crysis. The campaign gets really boring fast and I wished the game would end, which happened quickly since the game is short (8 hours max). I'm a big fan of BF4 on PC and if I want to play to a shooter online, I will go play BF4, KZ3 is just way less fun to play. Save a few bucks, buy something else ! Expand
  2. Dec 13, 2014
    Much better than Halo, which is a bad game, unlike Killzone: Shadow Fall which is the best first person shooter in the WORLD lololololololololol! xD i mean the best game! my lels are in orbit
  3. Dec 5, 2014
    After buying the PS4, beating inFamous Second Son and being kind of satisfied with it, I predictably went on to the next (and only) major Sony exclusive - the next-gen Killzone. And sadly, I was incredibly disappointed.But let's go over all the aspects.
    The plot. It's terrible and formulaic with a bland protagonist (unlike many other FPS's he can talk, but God, I wish he couldn't) and boring supporting characters. The ending deserves further berating, but that'd mean spoilers. Just know that this is one of the worst endings I've ever seen in a game, somewhat akin to Mass Effect 3.
    The gameplay. Shadow Fall is different from Killzone 3 in many ways. Instead of being a fun rollercoaster ride, it now (allegedly) offers more freedom of choice and tactical options. The sad thing is that in theory updating gameplay in a longgoing series this way should be refreshing, but in reality, it is just outright boring and irritating. For instance, you are given an ability to drop-kill and throw a knife after meelee. (Yes, exactly as in Far Cry 3), but in practice you can hardly use it in stealth because it is virtually non-existent (You'll be lucky to stealth-kill just one Helghast soldier, they'll spot you right after) or in action because going out of cover to meelee will get you killed in no time. I would specifically like to point out the terrible enemy AI, who just doesn't know of the self-preservation instinct, just running straight up to you. Oh, and another thing - as most modern shooters, you can carry two weapons in Shadow Fall. But unlike those shooters, you can freely swap only one of those, with your default gun being stuck with you throughout most of the game. Whoever thought this'd be a good idea was probably a moron.
    Level design. I just wanted to cover this separately, because it's terrible. The levels are good-looking alright, but hard to navigate (No map in singleplayer). Moreover, Guerilla somewhy decided that forcing you do defend some point against waves of mindless Helghast like five times in the campaign would be fun. It's not. I've felt extremely frustrated in each of those encounters, especially in Chapter 7.
    Graphics. No complaints here. KZ3 was a pretty game and SF easily outmatches it with sharp textures and amazing effects. Just the view on Vekta city in the first levels of the game is breathtaking.
    Multiplayer. Exactly the same as in Killzone 3. The DLC model is different, yes, with maps being free but game modes and player classes being paid. But it's nothing special.
    In other words, this was a huge drop of the bar. While Killzone 3 (I haven't played 1&2) wasn't a system-seller, it was still a well-made enjoyable and entertaining shooter. Shadow Fall, however, is more of a tech demo, it's neither a system-seller, nor even something worth picking up when you buy yourself a PS4.
  4. Dec 3, 2014
    This game is beautiful. A really solid launch title that has benefited greatly from a few patches over the year since its release. First off the story is surprisingly impressive. The previous two console installments fell a bit flat during the campaign, particularly Killzone 3. In Shadow Fall you're fighting a different war and it shows. David Harewood and Jamie Gray Hyder are exceptionalThis game is beautiful. A really solid launch title that has benefited greatly from a few patches over the year since its release. First off the story is surprisingly impressive. The previous two console installments fell a bit flat during the campaign, particularly Killzone 3. In Shadow Fall you're fighting a different war and it shows. David Harewood and Jamie Gray Hyder are exceptional in their roles.

The multiplayer lives up to its predecessors. Killzone has always been different from other FPSs in that it takes getting used to. If you stick with it you'll find the most tactical squad based game play available on consoles. The array of weapons and abilities puts the like of CoD to shame. The classes are perfectly balanced and once you find your style you can really start to run games. Snipers will once again love this entry but there is fun to be had for offensive and defensive players.

The maps are well balanced too. If graphics are your thing, sometimes you may just stop and take a look around because the settings are inspirational. Spawning happens in a guarded base where the enemy cannot enter so you can adjust your classes and setup without any worries. Although running support will allow you to set spawn points wherever you choose for you and your team mates.

The only downside to the game is that the developers got a bit greedy. If you want to play co-op which is already packaged with the game, you'll have to pay extra for it. Same with the fourth class and a few weapons. It's not enough to worry about even if you really enjoy the game, but it should have been included.

Overall a truly exceptional exclusive.
  5. Dec 2, 2014
    I gave it a 9.. Why because Ratings aren't supposed to be either a 10 or a 0.....
    ---this was a very fun game. Because I didn't play it @ launch or even have a PS4 until Destiny bundle, I DID-NOT multiplayer. Which is probably the bread & butter..
    --what's the difference in ALL SHOOTERS from CallOfDuty,,Battlefield,Halo,Destiny,Metro,Fallout,,esp the main military types like Battlefield and COD is what stands out besides same ole boring arse story.
    - The answer is uniqueness and excitement.. I WANT REWARDS FOR EVERY BAD GUY I KILL. NOT JUST EXPERIENCE.I WANT TO HEARA MONEY$$ cha-Ching sound when I kill a bad guy,,I want MMORPG STYLE OF LOOT WHEN I KILL A BADDIE..THIS IS MISSING FROM GAMES. mass Effect gives us the pause menu wheel for powers or weapon switch etc,,Fallout gives us a similar pause system with Vats, they all have something. Heck, even Titanfall has Titans and Badarse Pilots for uniqueness.. We need this because we played Medal Of Honor all the super stories of Valor and save America from the morales world who attacks it and freedom yadda yadda yadda. Boring!
    ---I am Old now and I was a little kid on the couch playing GOLDEN EYE split Screen with my friends, and fast forward 6-8 years and it was the same with Halo 1.. So when Halo 2 came out with instant patches for games or new maps and whAtever= it brought excitement but also killed us with boredom..
    --Killzone didn't change this but I found it refreshing. But I also liked COD-Ghost because I'm not afraid to say my opinion. Seems everyone @ Gamestops opinion about a gMe is whatever the mainstream positive or negative opinion is..lame!!!! I'll never forget them all saying Metal GearSo.id 4 guns of Pateiots was BD because OMG the never ending cutscenes.. Gummie a break!! In a solo campaign we live for cutscenes. That game was a gem because it was different,,,Bottom line of this loooong rant to anyone who stuck with it==different is good because of the never ending repetitiveness of it all. Kinda like the repetitiveness of this's review :D
    VERDICT-Buy it cheap like I did($18) play it casually over a week when you take a break from YOURE main game and move on.. Who wouldn't like it..oooh yeah thTs right.. I know why ALLLLL GAMES that are signature to either Xbox or PS4 have sooo many ZEROS... How pathetic.. I own both systems cause I'm a gamer, not a pretend PS4 employee..
  6. Nov 28, 2014
    Awesome Game.
    Awesome Game.
    It's the first Killzone Title I've played so far (except the one on the PSP a couple of years ago) and really, really like it. The Story is good, but I recommend to play at least one of the predecessors or research a little bit on google, before diving into Shadow Fall. Graphics are really great, still one of the best looking Ps4 Games out there, but the best thing about this game is the multiplayer mode. It's definitely not as fast paced as COD, but that's good! You need to have a more tactical approach, to be successful, keep your support characters alive, place important spawn beacons and do not rush in like in other first person shooters.
  7. Nov 19, 2014
    I was a huge fan Killzone 1 and 2 on the PS2. Especially Killzone 1; For its time it was far ahead of many FPS games. So, here comes Killzone Shadow Fall for the PS4, I picked the game up expecting something a lot more than what I received. The graphics were good, and the gameplay mechanics were great, as always with Killzone. But everything else felt very dull and lackluster to me. I feltI was a huge fan Killzone 1 and 2 on the PS2. Especially Killzone 1; For its time it was far ahead of many FPS games. So, here comes Killzone Shadow Fall for the PS4, I picked the game up expecting something a lot more than what I received. The graphics were good, and the gameplay mechanics were great, as always with Killzone. But everything else felt very dull and lackluster to me. I felt like I was playing every other FPS shooter game; "run here, kill enemies, run here, kill enemies, ambushed, kill enemies, etc". I ended up returning it to GameStop after about 6 hours of gameplay and never touching it again.

Overall, Killzone Shadow Fall is a great example of what happens when developers draw out games for too long. They had a great franchise but they beat it to death. Still, I would recommend this game to someone looking for a decent FPS game on this PS4, but it wouldn't be my first game recommendation to someone.
  8. Nov 14, 2014
    This is for all FPS players that need a fun game. This is written a year after first release and I've played the game continuously. Gorilla has GIVEN FREE DLCs about every 2 to 3 months. Everything from maps, skins, crosshairs and most recently the 10th ANNIVERSARY DLC Pack. There 17 multiplayer maps and a new class; Insurgent. The Insurgent isn't free but its only $9. Anyhow, there's alsoThis is for all FPS players that need a fun game. This is written a year after first release and I've played the game continuously. Gorilla has GIVEN FREE DLCs about every 2 to 3 months. Everything from maps, skins, crosshairs and most recently the 10th ANNIVERSARY DLC Pack. There 17 multiplayer maps and a new class; Insurgent. The Insurgent isn't free but its only $9. Anyhow, there's also CO-OP DLC. The Story mode has a Hardcore mode where you get 3 lives. The only downfall is people find the game difficult to play. It does take more effort since the Official Warzones are mission based (except for Team Deathmatch which people love for some reason. I think its boring as hell) and not just run and kill everything. Theses strategy, planning and teamwork which is so much more rewarding than simply killing. Summary: Gorilla gives free DLC items often, Constantly supported, mission based games, most players are respectful ( unlike COD where you need to mute most everyone, lots of action, great graphics, controls are solid and the price has dropped. The game is still fun as hell after a year. Expand
  9. Nov 13, 2014
    Possibly the worst shooter for PS4 atm. Holy crap, this game is garbage. Teleporting enemys, enemys starring at you while you're standing right in front of their face, just doing nothing, it's just the AI in general, nothing positive to say about it. Story is boring, same for every other FPS. They won't make you care about any characters.

2 points for the graphics and gunplay. Graphics

2 points for the graphics and gunplay. Graphics look awesome, but that's the only positive thing I can say about this game. Don't buy this, please.
  10. Nov 13, 2014
    THE NEXT GEN FPS.
    Beautiful and difficult.
    Campaign is boring but multi is incredible.

A technical FPS, you have to go deep in order to understand the power of Killzone SF.
  11. Nov 12, 2014
    I got this recently so I could say I got the best experience possible due to all the game fixing patches already being out, and my "best" experience possible was not that good.

Pros: Graphics Cons: Poor AI, poor storyline, choppy framerate. Its clear to me that this game was meant to show off PS4s graphical potencial and nothing more. If you have an extra 10 bucks, the game is

Pros: Graphics

Cons: Poor AI, poor storyline, choppy framerate.

Its clear to me that this game was meant to show off PS4s graphical potencial and nothing more. If you have an extra 10 bucks, the game is worth a try, for more than that, choose some other game.
  12. Nov 8, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. an utter let down. apart from the very few good moments in the single player campaign this is nothing compared to the amazing killzone 1,2,3. the multiplayer is fun for one game and the snipers are useless.
    now sony have finally made killzone a big thing is makes it a huge money grab, you have to pay for co-op!!!!! sev or rico don't make an appearance and no rico's lmg. if you played the first three games you should play this. it is a good tech demo for the ps4 but the verdict brings this down as a poor shooter
  13. Nov 8, 2014
    This is absolutely the best multiplayer available. This is in general a high health low damage shooter compared to others which results in enjoyable gun battles. That being said scoring a headshot with ANY weapon is a kill. Difference between this and COD is you have to do your OWN aiming (no assist). Teamwork is of the utmost importance in Killzone. New players just need to get usedThis is absolutely the best multiplayer available. This is in general a high health low damage shooter compared to others which results in enjoyable gun battles. That being said scoring a headshot with ANY weapon is a kill. Difference between this and COD is you have to do your OWN aiming (no assist). Teamwork is of the utmost importance in Killzone. New players just need to get used to the different pacing, mission types, abilities and gunplay and they will grow to love Killzone Shadow Fall. Graphics are some of the best I have seen. Maps are very well made and varied although a little more CQC than previous Killzone titles. Since launch their have been many welcome changes. Overpowered weapons and abilities were nerfed & underpowered weapons and abilities were buffed. Challenge requirements were adjusted. Ranking system tied to challenges was introduced. New maps were added for FREE. Automata skins, player skins, player cards, cross hair reticules, voice packs, end of game moves were all added for more customization. Clan support was finally added with more support to come. If you are reading this and tried the game at launch please give it another shot as you may be surprised. The best experience will always come from Extended Warzone or Classic as opposed to Team Deathmatch but sadly that is what the majority of newcomers gravitate towards due to familuarity with COD. Trust me you are missing out. Get a mic and talk to the veterans and most will help you out with all the little nuances of the game. As far Single Player it got a bum rap from reviewers as well. It is quite different from KZ2 and KZ3 style but there is still sections of intense battle. There are sections where you have great freedom in the way you go about finishing the level ( routes, order, stealth or guns blazing). You can pick up various different weapons to change up gameplay. The OWL can allow you to play the game several diffetent styles depending on how you use it. Pick up the season pass to go with this game for 20 bucks to get expansion packs and the Intercept Co-op. Killzone is easy to find at reduced prices as well so it is a no brainer. Expand
  14. Oct 22, 2014
    Superb graphic but zero story and boring campaign.
    Multiplayer is ok but so slow a heavy feel for me.
    This game is much worst then Killzone 3 and the best KZ game is still 2.
  15. Oct 21, 2014
    I actually liked this game more than Killzone 3, the great graphic helps alot in FPS games I think, and the PS4's ability did not disappoint me. I had a lot of fun with this game and I recommend this all PS4 owners. Criticism about lack of innovation is true, but that did not affect my enjoyment of the game.
  16. Oct 21, 2014
    Graphics are ok, game details, colors and acceptable depth are ps4 worthy. However, game play is below average. You can't lower in game music below 50% (developer Guerillagames claims such is necessary (?) for cueing approaching enemies. Seems the developer underestimates gamers, feels patronizing. Enemy forces make victorious gestures like waving fists when you are killed which is funnyGraphics are ok, game details, colors and acceptable depth are ps4 worthy. However, game play is below average. You can't lower in game music below 50% (developer Guerillagames claims such is necessary (?) for cueing approaching enemies. Seems the developer underestimates gamers, feels patronizing. Enemy forces make victorious gestures like waving fists when you are killed which is funny the first time but annoying when repeated over and over again. Sometimes they salute after killing you which is childish. Ever heard of a soldier who salutes after killing an enemy? Game uses controlpoints. Beware of this if you don't like that, you can't save when you want to.
    Summarizing: good graphics but limited gameplay. Not my cup of tea. If you agree, avoid this game.
  17. Oct 20, 2014
    About Shadow Fall particularly long talk is not necessary, and will not work. The game turned out certainly very beautiful, revealing and showing us the possibility of a new console, but it has a fairly significant disadvantages that make it not the best of all Killzone. Firstly, the story of the game, even it is a shooter, still should be. And it is desirable that the plot is not viewedAbout Shadow Fall particularly long talk is not necessary, and will not work. The game turned out certainly very beautiful, revealing and showing us the possibility of a new console, but it has a fairly significant disadvantages that make it not the best of all Killzone. Firstly, the story of the game, even it is a shooter, still should be. And it is desirable that the plot is not viewed by 2-3 chapters ahead to the story though sometimes forced to wonder what is happening on the screen. Killzone boast could not. The game contains a couple of interesting points, which the game may be remembered. Ending at all muddy. However, it is worth noting that the game came into the starting line of games from Sony, and it is possible to make small concessions to the game as a "pioneer" and benchmark of the new console. Bottom line: I put the game an average rating for the graphics, but the innovation and some very remarkable chapters that really memorable. It is worth noting a separate word controling drone on the touchpad, it was new and interesting. Ranked # 7 of 10. Expand
  18. Oct 13, 2014
    Про Shadow Fall особо долго говорить не нужно, да и не получится. Игра получилась безусловно очень красивой, раскрывающей и показывающей нам возможности новой консоли, однако у неё есть достаточно весомые минусы, которые делают её не лучшей Килзоной из всех вышедших. Во-первых, сюжет в игре, хоть это и шутер, всё равно должен быть. И желательно, чтобы он не читался на 2-3 главы вперёд,Про Shadow Fall особо долго говорить не нужно, да и не получится. Игра получилась безусловно очень красивой, раскрывающей и показывающей нам возможности новой консоли, однако у неё есть достаточно весомые минусы, которые делают её не лучшей Килзоной из всех вышедших. Во-первых, сюжет в игре, хоть это и шутер, всё равно должен быть. И желательно, чтобы он не читался на 2-3 главы вперёд, чтобы он хоть иногда, но заставлял удивиться происходящему на экране. Килзон этим похвастаться не смог. Игра содержит в себе парочку интересных моментов, которыми игра может запомнится, не более того. Концовка и вовсе мутная. Однако, стоит отметить, что игра вошла в стартовую линейку игр от Sony, и можно сделать небольшие поблажки игре, как "первооткрывателю" и бенчмарку новой консоли. Итог: Я ставлю игре среднюю оценку за графические какие-никакие, но инновации и некоторые очень замечательные главы, которые действительно запомнились. Стоит отметить отдельным слово управление дроном на тачпаде, это было ново и интересно. Оценка 7 из 10. Expand
  19. Oct 12, 2014
    This is a fun game even when sometimes is a little annoying, a little generic FPS nothing special, just some beautiful environments, not very replayable.
  20. Oct 6, 2014
    Killzone for the nextgen is good but it's not that good.
    Killzone for the nextgen is good but it's not that good.
    What the game does good is the difference in missions and locations during the campaign. From open space in the fist mission and on destroyed Helghan to dirty and hopeless New Helghan. Locations look amaizing and there is a lot of detail. The OWL is a nice and interesting gimick which helps especially on harder difficulties. The shield/stun option is nice. The zippline was nice but you use it in two missions so it's a shame. Gunplay is solid no the CoD/Battlefield level but you won't be dissapointed.
    Music and sound assets are very good.
    Then there is the multiplayer which I liked. Interesting maps, sadly not a lot of people play it. Better then CoD on the PS4.
    Finally there is the graphic. The best looking game on nextgen there is. Maybe Destiny looks good but the facial expresionss, city and the amount of detail in the enviroment is amaizing and it runs at 1080p/60 fps that is nextgen. I know that in multiplayer it runs sub 60fps but you don't see the difference that much.
    What I didn't like is the story it was nothing amazing and the ending wasn't as good like in Killzone 2 or 3. It was missing a big punch at the end. The vengence and all is nice but it isn't the impact of killing Vasari or destroying the whole planet. The NPC are good like Sinclair and Echo but I'm missing Sev and Rico. There is also no main villan. There is the "threath" of the weapon but this is no Vasari, Orlof or Stahl from previous Killzones.
    The game is solid, multiplayer is good and if you're a looker the graphic is amaizing. 8 out of 10 for me. Got it for 10 £ and got a lot from it. If you're tired of CoD then check it out.
  21. Oct 6, 2014
    I don't have must experience with Killzone in terms of the story since I have just played the first one, so I read about it which was much interesting then playing through the game I suppose, but I still had fun blasting through these generic enemies.

The multiplayer is where shadow fall best succeeds at. You have a much better community then CoD, and the maps are unique. No need to purchase new maps, since they come in free. The graphics and sounds are superb.

If you are looking for a cheap (not expensive) slow paced shooter, for your Ps4, then I highly recommend Killzone: Shadow Fall!
  22. Oct 2, 2014
    The graphics are incredible, and the details of the world are impressive historiography of the single player is good, not the best game of the genre or the game of the year, but it's worth a little attention to this title, which tends to greatly improve the fufuro
  23. Sep 30, 2014
    Oh dear, this was certainly not what I was expecting. This game is a prime example of a game that can 'talk the talk' but can't 'walk the walk' per se. The visuals are absolutely amazing, in fact they are some of the best I have ever seen, but that doesn't make up for the boring mission structure and repetitive gameplay. It's not the worst game I've ever played, but I certainly wouldn'tOh dear, this was certainly not what I was expecting. This game is a prime example of a game that can 'talk the talk' but can't 'walk the walk' per se. The visuals are absolutely amazing, in fact they are some of the best I have ever seen, but that doesn't make up for the boring mission structure and repetitive gameplay. It's not the worst game I've ever played, but I certainly wouldn't recommend it. Expand
  24. Sep 26, 2014
    Muy buen juego, gráficos espectaculares, buen ritmo y variado. Solo la historia lo lastra un poco. El nuevo "arma" que te sigue le da mucha variedad a su desarrollo.
  25. Sep 24, 2014
    This game has really, really, REALLY good graphics, and is the perfect game to show off the power of the PS4. But I found the gameplay to be just alright. The story mode was just meh. I didn't really understand what was going on half the time, in one part the Helghans invaded the Vectan city but how or why they invaded was not well explained. I also didn't understand the protagonists CO'sThis game has really, really, REALLY good graphics, and is the perfect game to show off the power of the PS4. But I found the gameplay to be just alright. The story mode was just meh. I didn't really understand what was going on half the time, in one part the Helghans invaded the Vectan city but how or why they invaded was not well explained. I also didn't understand the protagonists CO's intentions. What was he trying to gain by torturing the Helghans. The whole story was all over the place. Online was also just okay the maps really were pretty , but also pretty boring to play in. i basically got this game just to show my friends the potential of the PS4. Expand
  26. Sep 22, 2014
    Gameplay was great multiplayer is excellent especially since Guerrilla Games is always giving out free new maps so I keep playing the multiplayer so I'm having a great time playing the multiplayer. The only problem with Killzone, is the campaign which can get pretty boring during some portions of the game. Other than that it's a great game I would recommend anyone who has a PS4 to playGameplay was great multiplayer is excellent especially since Guerrilla Games is always giving out free new maps so I keep playing the multiplayer so I'm having a great time playing the multiplayer. The only problem with Killzone, is the campaign which can get pretty boring during some portions of the game. Other than that it's a great game I would recommend anyone who has a PS4 to play this game but I wish the story was more intriguing. Expand
  27. Sep 22, 2014
    Kz's a pretty solid game. Decent single player and a very good MP. These recent negative review's you're seeing are by bunch of Destiny fan boys that are upset that their game is below average.
  28. Sep 19, 2014
    This sort of complete rubbish game is making me regret buying a PS4. How can gaming companies relase s@#$ like this nowdays. The story sucks, the characters are unliakble. The levels are boring and don't look as goof as anything from PC for the last few years. Random parts of the game have"bosses" with nfi what is going on. No explaination about what your charater is doing and then you getThis sort of complete rubbish game is making me regret buying a PS4. How can gaming companies relase s@#$ like this nowdays. The story sucks, the characters are unliakble. The levels are boring and don't look as goof as anything from PC for the last few years. Random parts of the game have"bosses" with nfi what is going on. No explaination about what your charater is doing and then you get things like this free fall with 0 explaination how to not die at the end of it after countless deaths, it requires looking on forums to find out go for some slightly shiny spot, that might work. Please stop making games, was free with the PS4 and Im just going to sell this rubbish, not even worth completing as there has been no charcter development anyway. Expand
  29. Sep 16, 2014
    It is a good game, the best thing of this game is the graphics. It beats every other PS4 game graphics. The story is good, but it gets frustrating and boring. The gameplay is nice, weapons are awesome and the touchpad tools too. Also pvp is not so great, it is an average shooter multiplayer.
  30. Sep 16, 2014
    This game is a tough one. The story isn't very good at all. The graphics are great to check out what the new console can do. The controls are tight, but the game isn't very fun. I really liked the first two Killzone games, but I can't help but feel disappointed. I never felt really wowed. There where a few fun moments in the campaign, but that really it. At least it was short enough.This game is a tough one. The story isn't very good at all. The graphics are great to check out what the new console can do. The controls are tight, but the game isn't very fun. I really liked the first two Killzone games, but I can't help but feel disappointed. I never felt really wowed. There where a few fun moments in the campaign, but that really it. At least it was short enough.
    Graphics 10/10
    Game play 8/10
    Story 1/10
    Sound 7/10
    Replay 1/10
  31. Sep 15, 2014
    This was the first game I purchased with my PS4. After playing the game for a weekend I got quickly bored and frustrated. Due to the many updates I can no longer even play this game on my ps4. I am very disappointed in this game.
  32. Sep 7, 2014
    Killzone Shadow Fall has one of the best graphics I've ever seen in video games. But, the single player missions were boring and it was like playing killzone 1, 2, and 3. I was expecting something new or something that I've never experienced before. What I like about it is that you can use the touch pad to control your robot. Multiplayer is stupid because in every match people are spawnKillzone Shadow Fall has one of the best graphics I've ever seen in video games. But, the single player missions were boring and it was like playing killzone 1, 2, and 3. I was expecting something new or something that I've never experienced before. What I like about it is that you can use the touch pad to control your robot. Multiplayer is stupid because in every match people are spawn killing and your stuck in that base till the match is over. I am a fan of killzone but I am sad to see this game to be one of the worst games I've ever played Expand
  33. Sep 5, 2014
    Well. This game got 9 from 10 from me. Imo, this game is really underrated. The problem of Shadow Fall is that people believe so much that Killzone MUST be a masterpiece and the best game in the world, but.. Shadow Fall is just FPS! Great fps, by the way. After third chapter the game become more and more interesting and intrigues, the action part of the game is perfect. This is great gameWell. This game got 9 from 10 from me. Imo, this game is really underrated. The problem of Shadow Fall is that people believe so much that Killzone MUST be a masterpiece and the best game in the world, but.. Shadow Fall is just FPS! Great fps, by the way. After third chapter the game become more and more interesting and intrigues, the action part of the game is perfect. This is great game for the PS4 start, thanks Guerilla. Expand
  34. Aug 26, 2014
    Killzone: Shadow Fall is a truly magnificent game filled with **** yeah!" moments of all proportions! The graphical fidelity of this game is second to none and the best looking next-gen game out there! The use of the OWL makes combat so much fun and gives you an AI companion that doesn't get stuck in doorways, as well as adding much more depth! The levels sometimes vary from very good,Killzone: Shadow Fall is a truly magnificent game filled with **** yeah!" moments of all proportions! The graphical fidelity of this game is second to none and the best looking next-gen game out there! The use of the OWL makes combat so much fun and gives you an AI companion that doesn't get stuck in doorways, as well as adding much more depth! The levels sometimes vary from very good, open environments to linear, corridor shooting but with many more open levels. Stealth is also a viable, rather satisfying way to tackle various levels with interesting takedowns and melee kills. The falling knife kill also adds a sense of verticality that you wouldn't normally find in generic, brown first person shooters. This game... Is most certainly not brown! Go buy it now! Expand
  35. Aug 25, 2014
    Fun game with exceptional visuals. All those reviews complaining about poor story. Let me tell you this. Who cares about the story ! it is first person shooter. This game is about awesome graphics and tons of action. Enjoy it.
  36. Aug 23, 2014
    After playing Killzone: Shadow Fall, I get a weird feeling. For all it's ridiculousness, over the top hype and more ridiculousness, I actually miss Killzone 2. It's heavy and slightly sluggish in comparison to CoD and it's ilk felt great with each hit feeling weighty and meaningful.

Fast forwards to today and Shadow Fall leaves me somewhat wanting. The game looks very nice, but strangely unappealing with strange proportions and designs that contradict each other, even more so when the almost standard 'explosive set piece' appears that was triggered by the smallest thing. Weapons and some of the physics feel out of place as well, with enemies jumping back when hit with the shotgun almost as if they were yanked by by a wire while many of the machine guns feel like they don't do much, even surprising me when an enemy hits the ground.

Some design elements also cause problems, with the usual dual weapons but now only one can be swapped. Your health is also not very clear as I've been killed without realising I was near death several times.

Not everything's bad. The semi-openness of levels allows you to approach objectives from different directions or in different orders depending on the scenario, but the story makes each scenario difficult to take even vaguely seriously, especially after the ridiculous back story as to why the Helghast are there in the first place.

The game's worthy of a rental if you're bored, but I'd recommend Wolfenstein over it.
  37. Aug 19, 2014
    Back in 2012 the gaming community went up in arms about how 343i screwed up with a beloved franchise (Halo) by making it more CoDish. Halo 4 still felt like Halo to me.

Guerillas new shooter, claims to be Killzone but even if the Helghast and the Vektans are in it, it still doesn't feel like Killzone. It used to be slugish feel of handling the weapons, this is definitely not the case in Shadow Fall. It used to have fun, innovative weapons, now it's only the main weapon that is interesting... Where the hell is the Boltgun?!?! The main characters used to be the center of attention in the previous games, like how they interacted with one another but now we don't know how he looks like and he has no charisma compared to the other protagonists.

With all that said, It's still a decent shooter. The problems are that the enemy might get stuck in a few places, at some points in the cinematics (gorgeous) there'll be a dramatic pause (I think that's what it's supposed to be) that drags on for too long. No weapon feels as good to use as the main gun and that you never really need another gun unless it's for armoured robots.

It's a beautiful game that just happens to be a little to dependent on the visuals, which are amazingly detailed and as stated earlier, gorgeous. However, it could've been alot better. 6 because there's no Boltgun. 7 otherwise
  38. Aug 13, 2014
    Pretty much a bog standard shooter with next gen graphics. This is pretty much like any other launch title in history. More of the same from the previous gen but with slight upgrades like full HD etc. The graphics are ok in some places, and wow in others. The game itself is an average shooter that you won't remember. It doesn't have those wow moments and it just pretty average.
  39. Aug 11, 2014
    Killzone Shadow Fall is a game that boasts breathtaking visuals and a story that seeks to do the same but ultimately falls a little flat! When the game begins you immediately notice the gorgeous attention to detail, everything all the way down to wrinkles on characters faces looks crazy good! It is in the opening moments that the story grabs you emotionally but sadly it does not recaptureKillzone Shadow Fall is a game that boasts breathtaking visuals and a story that seeks to do the same but ultimately falls a little flat! When the game begins you immediately notice the gorgeous attention to detail, everything all the way down to wrinkles on characters faces looks crazy good! It is in the opening moments that the story grabs you emotionally but sadly it does not recapture that sense of emotion with a few brief instances throughout the campaign being exceptions! The story becomes very hard to stay invested in towards the middle, however if you stick with it to the end you will be glad you did and you will even be treated to some fairly good multiplayer afterwards! Killzone: Shadow Fall is a good but not great game that definitely deserves the attention of any PS4 owner who enjoys good sci-fi! Expand
  40. Aug 8, 2014
    Guerrilla Game's self proclaimed "halo killer' launches alongside the release of Sony's PS4. In an attempt to steal the thunder from Microsoft's storied halo franchise, Killzone Shadow Fall has instead been the killer of it's own franchise.
  41. Aug 6, 2014
    My first PS4 games. Where to begin Killzone shadow Fall is exactly what not to do when you are making a video games. He goes the Crysis way PERFECT GRAPHIC no gameplay or story. The game for me was beyond annoying. I had to force myself to play it. The first thing i can't stand one weapon swap. You have 3 weapon a main a secondary and a pistol weapons. Main weapon can't be changeMy first PS4 games. Where to begin Killzone shadow Fall is exactly what not to do when you are making a video games. He goes the Crysis way PERFECT GRAPHIC no gameplay or story. The game for me was beyond annoying. I had to force myself to play it. The first thing i can't stand one weapon swap. You have 3 weapon a main a secondary and a pistol weapons. Main weapon can't be change because you have to use it during part of the game. But you also have a robot following you at all time. which could have have clearly do what the gun does later in the in the game you will encounter shielded enemies like in Halo. But to destroy their you have to switch to the main gun charge it up and not miss. To me this cut the heat of action happening on the screen nothing else work missile. shotgun nothing you have to use that special gun. You rely to much on it. To use other weapons in the which come to my second problem. You never had those problem in Killzone 2 and 3 which are far better than this is one of the biggest problem of that particular game i was not feeling like playing a killzone game AT ALL. When in killzone 2 and 3 we where playing a special ops soldier. We use to play Leader of a Squad or member of squad which sometime give place to funny moment. Nothing like this happen in this game Lucas Kellan main character is a generic SIR YES SIR guys with no personality i don't want to spoil the story but the game start to become interesting at the end we are starting to see some link with the original Killzone Trilogy. And then the game is finished. I WAS LIKE ARE YOU SERIOUS that's it. I did not play mutliplayers that much i prefer not to comment on it. But its a classic generic MP. The game has simply no personality he is a Tech demo no other word for it. Don't buy this. Its hard for me to say that because i hate COD or BF but honestly buy those you will have more fun with them. Expand
  42. Jul 24, 2014
    I like this game, definitely better than Killzone 3 that is for sure. Killzone 3 didnt have that spark or anything about it i thought. Killzone Shadow Fall does a little better job in reducing some of the repition, but FPS get a little repetitive no matter what game it is. I love the single player, great graphics and the controls are pretty simple. Online sucks but no worries i dont play it much
  43. Jul 22, 2014
    People give killzone way too much hate more than it should ever get....
    People give killzone way too much hate more than it should ever get....
    I found the story very fun and action backed although at the end it can get SUPER hard but what do you expect its the end? Anyway i love the online mode but i can see why some people don't like it is because its hard to get use to or to do good in general i mean there is a lot of horrible players on that game and i think they just give up but i do wish there was a leveling system to unlock other guns but i also find it pretty cool i can pick what i want :)
  44. Jul 16, 2014
    Before buying this game, I was worried with the mixed reviews it had received, more notably what people were saying about the pacing of the single player experience. Right off the bat I understood precisely what they meant.

Shadowfall is no corridor shooter like the previous titles, it tries to innovate the experience by creating a more thoughtful way of approaching combat from the first person perspective. Gone have the days of facing wave after wave of enemies being the meat of the game, instead you are forced to take a more conservative, tactical approach. But does it work? Yes and no. Once I got used to the pacing and what Guerrilla were trying to do here I found the game very enjoyable, less linear and more expansive than previous Killzone games. However, on harder difficulties this is what kills the gameplay experience and turns it into a frustration filled mess. The lack of a straight line path means that enemies can come from anywhere and without a detailed hud telling you where they or where they may come from through the use of maybe, an objective marker, you are left wondering just who killed you this time. This is by far the games biggest flaw, but on lower difficulties I didn't find this to be a problem, but if there are any trophy hunters out there, do yourself a favor, and play the game on normal difficulty first.

Being a shadow marshal and not a grunt on the front line means that combat has become a lot more technical, you don't face as many enemies and you have abilities to keep things interesting. Your drone gives you advantages such as shields and stun shocks to help out when things get tough and it also helps you traverse the beautiful open terrain. It is accessible through the use of the DS4's touch pad, which I think worked well and was a nice touch. Weapons feel great, and when your in those skirmish situations where it's clear where the enemies are, combat is very fluid. The enemies vary in difficulty as you face different factions within the Helgast military. Most importantly to note however is the lack of a constant character that you have to annoyingly follow around, leading you from this objective to the next, instead now you choose how to approach each combat situation which has been pulled off brilliantly, you can go in loud, or stealth your way through. But be warned, doing the latter is challenging due to the AI's credible intelligence. This is the freedom that Shadowfall gives you as Guerrilla try to drag it away from the dull affair we experience with whatever Call of Duty we might be playing.

On to the graphics, they're stunning. Showcasing what can already be achieved with the PS4 and I was blown away with chapter 2 of the game. Even in multiplayer the graphics hold up really well. In another change to the way Guerrilla have gone bout Shadowfall, it is a lot more colorful a game. Say bye bye to grey Helghan corridors and say hello to lush, vibrant environments that range from the slums of New Helghan to the beauty shown in the woodland area of chapter 2. Weapons look and sound great, textures are detailed and varied, character models are fantastic although lip syncing could be improved. Over all though the presentation here is fantastic.

The story for Killzone can be summed up like this: It takes off a few decades after the events of Killzone 3 and you're living side by side with the Helghast in a Berlin Wall-like scenario. You're Lucas Kellan a trained shadow marshal, after unearthing some secrets of the VSA and Helgast you learn that a war is coming, and go on a roller-coaster ride to stop it from endangering the lives of innocent people on both sides of the conflict.

If Killzone has ever had anything going for it, it's a dedicated and loyal fan base. To this day you can get into games on KZ2 servers and play a game, and it's good to see that Guerrilla have created another brilliant online experience. Multiplayer is smooth and I experienced no lag. Players can jump in to official warzones, user created war zones of different levels of awesomeness or create their own. You're not limited to what you can do with Shadowfall's multiplayer, and that's awesome and is fully acknowledged by letting you choose from the full range of weapons, right from the start. A brilliant stat tracking mechanism is also in place, so you always know exactly how you're doing and how far you're off from the next upgrade for your weapon. In short if you've played Killzones multiplayer before, you'll fit right in here, and if you're sick of Call of Duty's copy and paste online experience, Shadowfall may surprise you, it's definitely worth a punt and overall I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed this game amidst some of the negative reviews it's been given. The story may be not much more than a technical demo for what the PS4 is capable of, but it definitely showcases the types of jaw dropping experiences we could see going forward. It is a worthy launch title, a blast to play.
  45. PMG
    Jul 9, 2014
    If i have to be honest this game is pretty generic. The story is boring with unmerable characters. That said the first true level has sandbox levels of freedom and it is helped along by the zipline. The game has excellent controls and really feel like a game that was designed with the DuelShock 4 as it is very fluid. I will say i have way more fun with other online shooters sinse the lackIf i have to be honest this game is pretty generic. The story is boring with unmerable characters. That said the first true level has sandbox levels of freedom and it is helped along by the zipline. The game has excellent controls and really feel like a game that was designed with the DuelShock 4 as it is very fluid. I will say i have way more fun with other online shooters sinse the lack of a level up feature often makes me fell like i wasted my time if i did badly and that were no rewards. But the game is backed up by excellent visuals, great and varied weapons, and cool map design. Oh yeah and one final thing. The enemys are idiots and yet somehow they manage to have a difficulty spike in the latter sections of the 10 or so hour campain. Expand
  46. Jul 5, 2014
    Excited to see the power of the PS4 and seeing the game that's supposed to carry the flag for Sony when it comes to shooters and release titles, I was extremely disappointed. The game looks rather good (compared to last-gen) but I've played numerous titles on the PS4 that look exponentially better. Aside from the graphics, this game has very little going for it. The campaign isExcited to see the power of the PS4 and seeing the game that's supposed to carry the flag for Sony when it comes to shooters and release titles, I was extremely disappointed. The game looks rather good (compared to last-gen) but I've played numerous titles on the PS4 that look exponentially better. Aside from the graphics, this game has very little going for it. The campaign is extremely bland and a corridor shooter, by definition. The AI is insufferable and the firefights leave much to be desired. Even on the hardest difficult, the game consists of standing behind cover, shooting enemies and walking to the next room. Lather, rinse, repeat.

The multiplayer, on the other hand, doesn't even need to be mentioned. Hardly anyone plays it and I can see why.

The only time I find myself wanting to play this game is for the co-op mode. It's not perfect but there's not many co-op games at the moment so I'm having to make do with what I can. Is it worth another $20 on top of the $30-40 price tag for the game? Not really.
  47. Jul 5, 2014
    At times Killzone: Shadow Fall is a very stunning game visually, but if you are anything like me you are looking for something more than just beautiful graphics. The story is very boring and forgettable. My biggest gripe is the linear nature of the game which you see more evident towards the end. Why didn't they make this an open world game? The mega city they designed is amazing,At times Killzone: Shadow Fall is a very stunning game visually, but if you are anything like me you are looking for something more than just beautiful graphics. The story is very boring and forgettable. My biggest gripe is the linear nature of the game which you see more evident towards the end. Why didn't they make this an open world game? The mega city they designed is amazing, leaving players wishing they could explore it all. However, I do understand that would be a daunting task for most developers. The soundtrack in my opinion is very good and sets the tone of the game quite well. I would've rated this game a 7/10, however, the multiplayer is my biggest disappointment. For starters, I am not a pro gamer, or someone who has hours and hours to invest into a game to become good at it. They made it very difficult for casual gamers to pick this one up and hold their own in multiplayer, seeing how they didn't include any aim assist. It's almost impossible for me to stay on targets which most times ends up getting me killed. I'm not sure why they went with no aim assist. Did they feel like they were doing mlg gamers justice by not adding it? I do feel as if the game is worth a buy at $30-$40 for a play through. The game isn't horrible, but it definitely isn't a 9 or 10 quality game. This was my first Killzone game, and could be my last if they do not implement a more manageable multiplayer experience, along with a more thrilling and intriguing quest line and world to explore. Expand
  48. Jun 30, 2014
    The good: very nice graphics, decent gameplay, fun multiplayer.
    The bad: AI is dumb, generic weapons, boring story

I would recommend not to buy this game at full price.
  49. Jun 27, 2014
    So this is going to be my first of two reviews. I bought Killzone Shadow Fall yesterday and let me tell you I was very impressed. After playing battlefield 4 for sometime I just wanted to change things up a bit. So far I am enjoying killzone much more than battlefield 4 and the graphics and speed of the game seem to be a lot better than killzone 3. I Know this game has been out for a whileSo this is going to be my first of two reviews. I bought Killzone Shadow Fall yesterday and let me tell you I was very impressed. After playing battlefield 4 for sometime I just wanted to change things up a bit. So far I am enjoying killzone much more than battlefield 4 and the graphics and speed of the game seem to be a lot better than killzone 3. I Know this game has been out for a while but if you don't have it do yourself a favor and try it . Very smooth so far multiplayer I am going to keep playing and see what else it has to offer ill be back to finalize my thoughts on this so far awesome game. Expand
  50. Jun 25, 2014
    First off i'm a huge Killzone fan I own and still play most of the titles don't own a psp or vita so know nothing about them.
    The secondary fire is back thrilled about that was pissed 2 and 3 didn't have them.
    The graphic are stunning. But the story is weak really weak. And there are some punishing difficulty spikes in parts of this game. I'd wait for a price drop if your going to get
    The graphic are stunning.
    But the story is weak really weak.
    And there are some punishing difficulty spikes in parts of this game.
    I'd wait for a price drop if your going to get this game.
  51. Jun 23, 2014
    So let me get this straight. The Vektans destroy Helgan and make it uninhabitable, so they give up half their own planet to the surviving Helgast because they were feeling sorry for them ? Talk about a crappy storyline. Anyway, I enjoyed the previous Killzone games but this one is pretty ordinary. Coupled with the new Sony controller which feels even less comfortable in the hand than theSo let me get this straight. The Vektans destroy Helgan and make it uninhabitable, so they give up half their own planet to the surviving Helgast because they were feeling sorry for them ? Talk about a crappy storyline. Anyway, I enjoyed the previous Killzone games but this one is pretty ordinary. Coupled with the new Sony controller which feels even less comfortable in the hand than the PS3 version and I am glad I got this as a freebie. Particularly annoying is the fact that I can't exchange the basic loadout assault rifle for something else, so I only have one variable weapon option. The OWL is fun to use, but seems to go missing quite often. If you are thinking of spending your money on this one, I wouldn't bother. Expand
  52. Jun 17, 2014
    This game is below mediocre. It's definitely the worst KZ in the series.

I'll start with good things: visuals and sound fx. Game looks great, the best on PS4 and X1 and one of the best visuals in gaming. Also sounds are good. For example, I was shooting at ceiling and there were sounds of bullets dropping on floor. But when it comes to gameplay, it fails. The main sin of the game:
    This game is below mediocre. It's definitely the worst KZ in the series.

But when it comes to gameplay, it fails. The main sin of the game: it's boring. Boring campaign, boring multiplayer (a generic btw). I started playing game 6 months ago, and I didn't finish it yet, because game puts me to sleep and I can't play more than one chapter at a time. The story is not interesting and they ignore previous games (what a great idea to put enemy on your home planet and give them weapons - sweat).

Level design is bad, and environment feels empty. There're also a lot of invisible walls. Weapons are the most basic (no innovation, no signature weapon), AI is stupid.
    In some scenarios where you need to hold the ground, you can hide in a spot and wait for a scene to end.

Also I didn't like that for L1 special actions you have to be precise, otherwise it won't respond.

If you played previous KZ MP - it hasn't changed. It's like COD,

In the end, this game feels like tech demo, to show capabilities of PS4. And it accomplish this task but fails at the gameplay. I do not recommend buying this game.
  53. Jun 16, 2014
    I think the game was fine. I didn't really enjoyed it much. but I was expecting that. I liked the visuals. Game play experience was good. Definitely having a dron support all the time was great idea.
    Story was nice. You get to play different style from action to stealth. Although stealth wasn't really good at some points. Maybe because it wasn't supposed to be stealthy at those points.
    I
    I really appreciated the checkpoints and chapter select.
    I didn't go through the MP. But I think it was fine too according to other reviews and demos.
    This is 7 for me
  54. Jun 8, 2014
    This review will come from a ones killzone lover, ps2 and ps3 games were amazing, the stories were mind driven, and great graphics.

Shadow Fall ones however failed to impress. With a story that makes no sense, and no connection to previous games of the franchise (or pretty bad ones) it was a deal breaker for me. Amazing graphics? check, facial expressions? check, balanced

Shadow Fall ones however failed to impress.

Amazing graphics? check, facial expressions? check, balanced multiplayer? not really.
    Story that makes sense? nope.

[multiplayer]
    Even the season pass wont be worth 20 bucks, the updates are slow, the balance fixes are slow, and the devs aint seem to be that active at talking to fans about the game.

2/10 - The E3 trails looked better the the final project, such a shame..
  55. Jun 3, 2014
    A poor contribution to the franchise, this game is a real dissapontment when it comes to talk about a ps4 launch game, not as bad as Knack, but stlll a mediocre game, very weak IA, this is not a good game at all.
    No improvements over the previous releases, this is what the ps4 have to offer? really? this must be a joke, someone please show me a good ps4 game before i decide never buy that system
  56. Jun 2, 2014
    Killzone: Shadow fall is a good game that wants to be something great.

While offering beautiful visuals that come close to what any top end PC can offer. Kill zone unfortunately stumbles with sometimes questionable AI, bad voice acting, and bad level design; which at times, can become quite frustrating. However, while it has a lot of bad aspects, it also offers a lot of good. Such
    Killzone: Shadow fall is a good game that wants to be something great.

However, while it has a lot of bad aspects, it also offers a lot of good. Such as great multi-player, a solid single player campaign and a fairly solid story to go with it.

Also, Killzone offers some great weapons and gadgets to play with.

Its just a shame, because with just a little more time and polish, it could have meant the difference between a good game and a great game.

Unfortunately Killzone remains the former.
  57. Jun 2, 2014
    Finished this game last night and really enjoyed it. The shooting mechanics are solid and each weapon has a distinct feel. I also thought the OWL was a cool addition (and a MUST HAVE) in difficult firefights. As far as the graphics go- they are beautiful, easily the best I've seen on PS4. The city views are stunning and really help you to feel immersed. The story was OK, nothing new orFinished this game last night and really enjoyed it. The shooting mechanics are solid and each weapon has a distinct feel. I also thought the OWL was a cool addition (and a MUST HAVE) in difficult firefights. As far as the graphics go- they are beautiful, easily the best I've seen on PS4. The city views are stunning and really help you to feel immersed. The story was OK, nothing new or especially engaging but the ending was memorable. Hint- don't turn off the game when the credits come on! The only other thing I wish the game had was more side missions. Sure you can collect comic pages, newspapers and audiologs but I never really felt the need to look around or explore. Overall a fun experience and worth a playthrough but not a game I'd buy and invest a 2nd run-through in. Expand
  58. Jun 1, 2014
    This game has beautiful graphics and fun online with great gamemodes and equipment to go along with but is brought down with a boring uninspired campaign.
  59. May 29, 2014
    Killzone Shadow Fall has beautiful graphics and some good new ideas but not much else. The enemy A.I is poor, which takes away a lot of the fun of the single player, the plot is not as well developed as it could be. The multiplayer is really nothing special.
  60. May 29, 2014
    Graphics: 7.2 Sound: 7.5 Gameplay: 7.2 Fun/Story: 7.0

An average game, some disappointment with graphics and story. Of course it doesn´t look bad and it has some nice effects and landscapes but PS4 has power for much more.
  61. May 28, 2014
    Muy buen juego tanto en graficos como en Gameplay +10,en lo que es la campaña muy buena me gusto mucho,dura unas 10 hrs mas o menos,el multijugador de igual forma me gusto mucho,ademas con el pack insurgente mas los 3 mapas que pusieron recientemente,gratis,tambien ya casi estara el coop,el pase de temporada sale mucho mas barato que otros juegos,solo en 20$.Les recomiendo mucho el juego.
  62. May 26, 2014
    It has the greatest visuals yet out of all of the current PS4 games, but it is just feels like another standard first person shooter to me. I love some FPS games but they could have made the game-play more exciting and rewarding somehow...
  63. May 26, 2014
    Killzone Shadowfall is one of the most visually stunning shooters to ever grace a console. But once you get used to the shiny next gen graphics, You’ll realise that there’s not really a whole lot of substance under all that style. This is a shining example of a series that has discarded its identity for a grab at mass appeal. It's perfectly decent but painfully generic. Everything inKillzone Shadowfall is one of the most visually stunning shooters to ever grace a console. But once you get used to the shiny next gen graphics, You’ll realise that there’s not really a whole lot of substance under all that style. This is a shining example of a series that has discarded its identity for a grab at mass appeal. It's perfectly decent but painfully generic. Everything in Shadowfall has been done better somewhere else already.

The good:
    For a launch title to look this glorious really does give one something to look forward to. Textures are razor sharp, lighting is amazing and colours are vibrant and warm. It’s ironic how good and prominent the lighting is in a game called SHADOWfall.

The helghast: character models for this faction are detailed and believable. The assault has streamlined armour plating and a predator like visage, the recon wears a cloak and has small lenses to make him less visible whilst the support boasts heavy armour and additional ammo on his person (visual only, though he is the ammo box guy).

Class balance: the way that classes have been handled here is excellent and well thought out. Each has a myriad of interesting options that make sense for the role that they are supposed to play. Though the turret and air support of the support class are very close to being OP, they don’t quite cross that line.

All guns unlocked from the start: if it looks interesting to you it’s right there to use from the get-go. This also counts for abilities

The bad:
    Boost lobbies: Guerrilla games bet everything on the fact that players would make their playlists for them, and provide these to the community. The best the community has been able to come up with is boost lobbies. Most bad points stem from how badly this concept blew up in Guerrilla’s face. No one uses the system meant to serve as the very core of the game.

Generic: everything unique which couldn’t be used on every map for the player created playlists, had to go. No jetpacks or mech’s (these were in Killzone 3) are fine, but the problem is that every single match you play will be identical. This is due to the fact that only the Guerrilla games created playlists have any players in them. the modularity also means that beacons and pylons are used as objectives across multiple modes, these all look the same, adding to the feeling of monotony.

Low player count: on an average weekday in Europe no more than 300 people are playing, at least 250 of them in the extended warzone playlist. Not a problem so long as you can find a lobby, were it not for the fact that community created content is the absolute heart of multiplayer here. That heart isn't beating, that's a problem.

Spawn rape: I put in 20 hours for this review, no match, not a single one, did not involve one team spawn raping the other into oblivion. Matches will end 0-5 almost without exception. Players will wait slightly outside the bounds of the other team’s spawn and then kill them as they round corners meant to prevent easy lines of sight. There is a reason why almost every game has abandoned the turrets and barriers type of spawning base. These are hopelessly easy to exploit because the enemy knows exactly where you HAVE to come from, and will thus lock down every exit easily.

The campaign is pathetic. It's ham-fisted attempts at evoking an emotional response via obnoxious audio diaries or the banal first mission are only compounded by nonsensical attempts at environmental puzzles. Enemies will always notice you but somehow can't think of a more effective means of attack than slowly walking towards you whilst discharging their weapon. Your player character is also an imbecile, he gets himself caught to save some soldiers only to get the ones he was trying to save killed alongside the extra soldiers making the exchange. This for a prisoner vital enough to the Helghast that they'd even agree to a trade in the first place. He could have just killed the main villain easilly and have avoided everything that happened afterwards. The plot expects you to take it very seriously, hence my harsh criticism.

Shadowfall isn't killzone, if you want that, go play killzone 3 on the PS3. In that title your character has mass, and handles as if they are a person with all the heavy gear and armour on that they look to be wearing. The core mode is a superior variant of rush from bad company 2 with cool cutscenes featuring your character and unique weapons that are all equally viable. This on top of the gradually changing level and well balanced classes.

I'm afraid that With Killzone Shadowfall, Guerrilla games shadowfailed. They have delivered a game rife with great ideas but crippled by poor execution and a lack of either direction or its own identity. It certainly isn't a bad game by any means, just not worth your money amidst it's superior alternatives. If all you care about are graphics however, buy it, you will have no regrets.
  64. May 21, 2014
    Really good game. It shows a power of PlayStation 4. History is not bad, but it could be better. In my opinion it's one of the best games availeble on next-gen consoles.
  65. May 17, 2014
    I had really high hopes for this game. My mistake.

I found the story really dull and boring. During the whole story I never once was amazed by what happened or interested in what there is to come. The characters are the same as the story, I never felt interested in what happens to them. Dull! The graphics are good, but not very good. Granted, I finished Infamous right before so my
    I had really high hopes for this game. My mistake.

The graphics are good, but not very good. Granted, I finished Infamous right before so my standards were probably pretty high. But still, I wasn't impressed.

The gameplay is what drags it down even more if you ask me. Very repetitive, chaotic and often extremely frustrating. Even when you manage to overcome a difficult situation, there is no reward, no sense of pride, just more of the same gameplay. Ugh, frustrating and boring at the same time.

It's been a long time since I've been so dissapointed by a game.
  66. May 15, 2014
    Shadow Fall is quite a spectacle for those testing out their shiny new PS4 consoles, but some will criticize it for lacking in a true next-gen experience. Visuals are top-notch as is game play, but we have come to expect these from Sony powerhouse Guerrilla Games. However, while the OWL and other features are welcome additions, there is an overall feeling of something lacking in theShadow Fall is quite a spectacle for those testing out their shiny new PS4 consoles, but some will criticize it for lacking in a true next-gen experience. Visuals are top-notch as is game play, but we have come to expect these from Sony powerhouse Guerrilla Games. However, while the OWL and other features are welcome additions, there is an overall feeling of something lacking in the evolution of the series, particularly for the first installment on the PS4. FPS fans as well as fans of the franchise will no doubt get their fix from this title, but there is little memorable here; an experience that is soon forgotten, and one that will quickly be overshadowed by the wealth of promising titles coming soon to next generation consoles Expand
  67. May 11, 2014
    I have 12 games on my PS4(Including COD: Ghosts, I have BF4 on PC), and the the 4 games that are always constantly being played are NFS: Most Wanted, Strider, Resogun, and Killzone: Shadow Fall. I'm a PC gamer so I'm used to awesome graphics, so Killzone surprised me a bit because it looks almost identical to Crysis 3. The lighting and textures and especially the lens flares. The game isI have 12 games on my PS4(Including COD: Ghosts, I have BF4 on PC), and the the 4 games that are always constantly being played are NFS: Most Wanted, Strider, Resogun, and Killzone: Shadow Fall. I'm a PC gamer so I'm used to awesome graphics, so Killzone surprised me a bit because it looks almost identical to Crysis 3. The lighting and textures and especially the lens flares. The game is very different from Crysis 3 though. In some cases I would say Killzone is better graphically, which is pretty amazing.

Single Player- So this game definitely has the graphics. But does it have the gameplay? Yes it does. From BF4 to COD: Ghosts, I started playing the single player campaign and eventually after a few chapters I quit playing. It was just too boring and not fun at all. There is nothing to challenge you in those games. It's just "Shoot this guy", "Now shoot that guy". Killzone is some of that too(but a lot prettier) but you also get a bot to use in different ways which definitely spices up game play a lot(using the bot helps A LOT) and you also play a bit stealthy sometimes which I LOVE. I just wish they used more of it. So I fully completed the SP, and I plan to play the SP again on Medium. I played it first on hard but it was almost TOO hard to enjoy sometimes. I recommend playing on Medium. The SP actually gets you thinking, and you must die a few times to actually develop new schemes to try and complete the objective. I also absolutely LOVED the final chapter of the game, it's a completely stealth chapter but I won't give away the objective as it's an AWESOME objective too and a GREAT ending to a really fun single player campaign.

Multiplayer- The MP of Killzone is a good bit different from BF4 and COD: Ghosts. And I find my self enjoying it a lot. In BF4 and COD, I find that you die so fast in those games(especially COD). It's like a bunch of people running around like headless chickens(which can be fun sometimes, I play both BF4 and COD: Ghosts). But Killzone is a bit more than that. For one you have all sorts of different devices such as shields and bots, which if you take good advantage of them they help you a lot. None of the guns are really that OP, and with a normal Assault Rifle it takes a good while to kill someone. You'd have to keep hitting them straight on for about 2 seconds to kill them and a lot more than that if your only landing every other shot. Being that it's a lot harder for you to die, I think that makes the game more about skill than just fast reflex's. Keep in mind I'm good at both COD and BF4, with a greater than 1 K/D ratio in both, and I like both of those games, but I also like Killzone's MP, and I find myself playing a lot of it. Is it better? No, but it's different so you can't really directly compare.

Negatives about the game- One definite negative is that the multiplayer portion of the game only runs at 960x1080p. Which is about 10% more pixels than 1280x720p. So at least it's not 720p. But I really wish it were at least 1600x900p. Because you CAN for SURE tell the difference between how CRISP single player looks and how multi player looks a LITTLE blurry. So this is somewhat of a big deal for me. Most XBox fans think pixels don't matter at all, I BEG TO DIFFER cause it's obvious to me and I can't stand anything under 1600x900. But they way they made it 960x1080, they did it very smartly, so it doesn't look all that bad but it is a negative for sure. And the only negative I can really gripe about because I love the game. You may not be able to tell if you watch a youtube video of this, but if your playing in front of your 60 inch screen like I am, the difference is almost night and day to an everyday gamer.

I wasn't expecting much from KZ: Shadow Fall. But it did impress me. I got this game in a bundle for my PS4 so it's not like I was really wanting it. But I'm glad I got it cause it's constantly inside my PS4 being played.

Overall I think this games an 8.5/10, but because some people are giving it a 0, I'm giving it a 10.

Whoever gives this game less than a 6 or 7, simply don't know what a TRULY good game is.
  68. May 11, 2014
    Leider nicht so gut wie seine Vorgänger. Ich vermisse vor allem die Koop-Kampagne. Grafisch ist das Spiel wirklich gelungen, bloß manche Animationen sehen noch ziemlich altbacken aus, und auch die Deutsche synro ist wirklich schlecht. Da die Entwickler nicht viel Zeit hatten, kann ich verstehen, dass das Game leider nicht so geil war. Unterhalten hat`s mich aber trotzdem. Den MultiplayerLeider nicht so gut wie seine Vorgänger. Ich vermisse vor allem die Koop-Kampagne. Grafisch ist das Spiel wirklich gelungen, bloß manche Animationen sehen noch ziemlich altbacken aus, und auch die Deutsche synro ist wirklich schlecht. Da die Entwickler nicht viel Zeit hatten, kann ich verstehen, dass das Game leider nicht so geil war. Unterhalten hat`s mich aber trotzdem. Den Multiplayer finde ich aber wirklich schlecht. Sogar schlechter als das von COD. Expand
  69. Apr 26, 2014
    One of the more disappointing game to launch on the PlayStation 4. Having been a huge fan of the killzone franchise, this one is by far the worse. It's unrecognisable! This shares no resemblance to the previous games. Killzone was a dark, gritty and intense shooter for hardcore players. It wasn't for everyone but for those who loved it, really loved it. It was unique too, especiallyOne of the more disappointing game to launch on the PlayStation 4. Having been a huge fan of the killzone franchise, this one is by far the worse. It's unrecognisable! This shares no resemblance to the previous games. Killzone was a dark, gritty and intense shooter for hardcore players. It wasn't for everyone but for those who loved it, really loved it. It was unique too, especially Killzone 2. This game is trying to become more of a mainstream success and it has failed. The developers should have stuck with the true killzone, the one with little colour and heavy weighting controls. It was far more exciting. It's not a terrible game, Shadowfall, but poor and uninteresting. Expand
  70. Apr 23, 2014
    Warning. Do NOT determine your purchase on one mans opinion, preferals and reviews. This review contains somewhat harsh feedback but i enjoy this game to an extend and would not regret my 60 euro purchase if i didn't get it as a birthday present.

Killzone Shadow fall is a good game, but as a big Killzone fan it pains me to admit this game is overall the least impressive game in the franchise. The talented FPS developer Guerrilla finally went to the right direction with the story but failed to deliver what it was supposed to become and brought us an underdeveloped story with even less likeable characters than in the previous games with sometimes silly voice acting. Whats worse is the flawed game design, a.i, confusing empty open levels, broken stealth elements during the campaign.

The Multiplayer design is great and you can see developers like Eric Boltjes did their best to listen to fan feedback ad much as possible by making it more teambased than killzone 3. Sadly, the overall dramaticly changed art design and set pieces, which always made the franchise distinct from the typical generic shooters just made it lose its identity and soul.

Contrary to previous killzones, Shadow fall has a more arcady feel, uninspiring looking weapons, gun sounds and sounds of explosions that sound more like arcade machines, rather than feeling like you're on an actual futuristic warfield. Overall, this is a decent, yet the in my opinion best MP shooter that launched up until Titanfall but this is a terrible changd for Killzone fans. For me, Killzone Shadow Fall is an ok, pretty fun Multiplayer shooter with the name Killzone attached to it and the overall change of pace, set pieces and art direction made it lose its Soul.

I really want to see another Killzone game but an actual sequel to Killzone 2 and 3. More colours are fine but please Guerrilla keep the same set pieces and pacing and overall art design and weight the fanbase expected from a Killzone game instead of focussing on a on existent fanbase.

Pros
    Beautiful visuals
    Very Solid, fun, team oriented multiplayer!

Cons
    Very Disappointing and frustrating second half of the campaign
    Underdeveloped Story and Characters
    Uninspiring weapons
    No epic gun sounds and sounds from explosions
    Lacking the epic set pieces and living environment that was present in the Multiplayer in Killzone 3. (My biggest issue)

Killzone Shadow Fall has a lot of design flaws and changes that are less appealing to many, but fortunately for the team oriented MP fanatics, the Multiplayer is impressive to say at least and a lot of fun once you addapt.

Based on my experience i give Killzone Shadow Fall a 7.5/10.
  71. Apr 21, 2014
    Killzone Shadow Fall falls short of everything Guerrilla Games has established with the Killzone franchise. I would even go as far to say that this is the worst Killzone game in the series.

The game consists of sewn together sequences, as if the developers didn't have time to fill in the gaps upon completion. The gameplay and graphics are ok, but there is nothing memorable about this game. In Killzone 2 you controlled a giant mech, in Killzone 3 you had jetpacks and a huge fight in space in Killzone 4 you have... well... nothing really. You have a companion "OWL" you can command for some basic actions like scanning the enviroment, attacking enemies and deploying a grapnel rope; but that would be it really.

The story is as predictable as it is lame, you won't care for any of the characters and most of the time you are alone (unlike Killzone 2 and 3).

This game will be a waste of your money, buy it as a bargain or rent it, you'll be glad you did.

Based on my experience with the single player mode.
  72. Apr 20, 2014
    What a horrible game, if this hadnt been part of a series ive always played i would of sold it after the first mision. The gameplay is horrible and couldnt be more clunky. The story gives me no interest, all previous killzones you are part of a squad, on shadow fall you do most missions alone and it is just not interesting. For me the worst thing is the lighting. Its atrocious, they haveWhat a horrible game, if this hadnt been part of a series ive always played i would of sold it after the first mision. The gameplay is horrible and couldnt be more clunky. The story gives me no interest, all previous killzones you are part of a squad, on shadow fall you do most missions alone and it is just not interesting. For me the worst thing is the lighting. Its atrocious, they have tried to hard with it and you just cant see anything, this includes the muzzle flash will means you cant see what your shooting. No idea what they were thinking, developers clearly confused themselves. Go back to the old formula please guerilla games. Expand
  73. Apr 18, 2014
    Killzone Shadow fall have impressive visuals and the incrible multiplayer, the campaign disappoints a bit with a shallow story, boring plot and no charismatic characters, but the multiplayer is a very fun.
  74. Apr 18, 2014
    Great graphics. That's all!
    The storyline is terrible and at the end, you realize that the game isn't fun.
    You just keep playing, hoping an epic moment or a turn in the story.

My first PS4 game is just ok. That is sad.
  75. Apr 13, 2014
    The most boring launch game title ever released..... The single player is unplayable, it's so boring that I couldn't finish it and I don't intend to... I haven't given a chance to the multiplayer, although the most of review say the multiplayer saves the game. Don't waste your money and time in it.
  76. Apr 8, 2014
    This game is wicked pretty and super fun, I enjoyed it very much an also choose the multi player over call of duty and battlefield 4, I think this franchise is going somewhere, cant wait to see what they will come up with next, this and infamous second son are my two favorite exclusive games
  77. Apr 7, 2014
    Killzone Shadow Fall is simple to review.

Great graphics and sound, solid single player gameplay with a few new ideas and a challenging, team focused multiplayer. The single player campaign is fun, if not too difficult and has a good story for a modern FPS. It's not a new game and most of it has been done before, but the spit and polish make it a game you will want to play through to
    Killzone Shadow Fall is simple to review.

The single player campaign is fun, if not too difficult and has a good story for a modern FPS. It's not a new game and most of it has been done before, but the spit and polish make it a game you will want to play through to the end.

Multiplayer rewards team play and can be punishing for mercenaries. Get a clan together and you'll have a lot of fun.

There will be better shooters this gen but for now, Killzone Shadow Fall is worth a punt.
  78. Apr 6, 2014
    Mediocre campaign, but multiplayer is a lot of fun. It's pretty rare to get spawn camped in multiplayer, because the spawns are off limits to the enemy team and usually have 3 or 4 different exits. If you do end up getting spawn camped, there are several teleport abilities you can use to escape. Anyway, I mention this because spawn camping is a problem in most FPS games but in Killzone itMediocre campaign, but multiplayer is a lot of fun. It's pretty rare to get spawn camped in multiplayer, because the spawns are off limits to the enemy team and usually have 3 or 4 different exits. If you do end up getting spawn camped, there are several teleport abilities you can use to escape. Anyway, I mention this because spawn camping is a problem in most FPS games but in Killzone it is rare (but can still happen if one team is way more aggressive than the other).

The abilities are pretty fun. Cloaks, teleportation, turrets, shields, stun drones, more. But some of them are a bit over the top. The air support drone for example is pretty obnoxious. It flies around and forces you to hide behind a wall until it goes away or else you get killed. Spider grenades can be very obnoxious, too.

The worst part about multiplayer is that some players lag so badly they're basically invincible. They'll warp around and stutter and you can shoot them, and they will die, but sometimes only a minute later after they've killed you and the rest of your buddies. I'm serious, you can shoot them, run away, hide in a corner and half a minute later it will say you shot them to death. Thankfully, this problem is not nearly as bad as it was when the game first launched. Another problem that seems to be caused by lag is that in laggy games, ladders either become unusable, or you get stuck on them! Very annoying.

Last month-ish the developers released a map pack with four or five-ish new maps for free. That was a nice gesture in this era of paid DLC. They also released an expansion with a new class and some new guns but you have to pay for that.

Overall I think this is a lot better than CoD: Ghosts and it's my favorite multiplayer game so far for the PS4.
  79. Apr 6, 2014
    Having a hard time deciding between a 5 and a 6 for this game...

Having a hard time deciding between a 5 and a 6 for this game...

The gameplay was incredibly frustrating. There was very little to offer that was unique, other than the last mission which was a very nice change of pace. The story was interesting, but not enough to keep me interested for a long play session or for playing once more than every other day. The multiplayer felt too clunky for me to enjoy, but that's more on personal preference. The graphics were incredible, but what matters for interactive media is the interactivity, so the gameplay is what really matters here, and it is not up to par with what it should be.

I'll go with a 6.
  80. Apr 5, 2014
    Huge let down. A lot of great idea's - however most couldn't have been executed more poorly.

In 30 years of gaming - I have never taken what's supposed to be a top tier game out of the console prior to completion - this was a first.

Whoever came up with the free fall sections - should be fired.
  81. Apr 4, 2014
    Ett helt okej spel, dock måste det på pekas att det är långt mellan spar-punkterna i spelet och spelet visar inte direkt vart du skall gå.

Personligen skulle jag kalla Killzone för Tech-demo för PS4 an, för spelet är visuellt riktigt snyggt.
  82. Apr 2, 2014
    Je ne suis pas porté sur les fps, mais après l'avoir loué je l'ai acheté
    J'ai été soufflé par le visuel et le rythme du jeux
    Très impressionnant
  83. Apr 2, 2014
    Killzone: Shadow Fall is a below average, generic experience from start to finish. For all its lofty ambitions and hype it is an unbelievable failure, a real disappointment for all PlayStation 34 owners. The single player campaign is boring and forgettable, and the multiplayer is unspectacular in almost every way. You should probably wait to purchase Destiny if you're hurting to play anKillzone: Shadow Fall is a below average, generic experience from start to finish. For all its lofty ambitions and hype it is an unbelievable failure, a real disappointment for all PlayStation 34 owners. The single player campaign is boring and forgettable, and the multiplayer is unspectacular in almost every way. You should probably wait to purchase Destiny if you're hurting to play an FPS on PS4. Expand
  84. Apr 1, 2014
    Killzone: Shadow Fall is not a very good game. There is not enough content to warrant the 60 dollar price tag. The lag in the game is bad and distracting at times, and there aren't nearly enough maps in the multiplayer. The graphics are good, but are sub par for a game that's supposed to be "next gen". There isn't enough game modes in Shadow Fall for my taste either. For a next gen gameKillzone: Shadow Fall is not a very good game. There is not enough content to warrant the 60 dollar price tag. The lag in the game is bad and distracting at times, and there aren't nearly enough maps in the multiplayer. The graphics are good, but are sub par for a game that's supposed to be "next gen". There isn't enough game modes in Shadow Fall for my taste either. For a next gen game this is a disappointing title that got stale after about 3 hours. If you want a great next gen shooter buy Titfanfall or COD: Ghosts, because Shadowfall feels too much like a tech demo for my taste. Expand
  85. Mar 31, 2014
    I've always found the Killzone games (with the possible exception of Killzone 3) to be very underrated. This is no exception, fun and interesting single player combined with awesome multiplayer to show just what the PS4 can do.
  86. Mar 31, 2014
    Killzone Shadow Fall is a pretty meh game imo, but the reason why I have a decent score is because it has beautiful graphics and awesome weapons. But the "meh" with this game is the campaign, it is pretty weird and .... (the .... means that I don't wanna spoil it). And on the multiplayer people love to abuse the shield and stays camping outside the spawn.
  87. Mar 27, 2014
    This game isnt a so much badassed game, but it have good graphics and a good gameplay, but the problem is the story and that it isnt a badassed game, but is fun.
  88. Mar 25, 2014
    This game looked awesome in the demos. The game is fun, but it isn't Titanfall. This is about as close as you'll get to it, though. Enjoy your OWLs, and us PC elitists will enjoy our giant metal cans of beans that shoot LASERS AND ROCKETS AND STUFF.
    6 beans in a can of 10.
  89. Mar 25, 2014
    Crap story its predictable go here do this oh wait we can't for some reason please retrace your steps no that's stupid! Only decent thing is the multiplayer but its far from a bf4 more like cod with lasers ill be trading mine in today.
  90. Mar 24, 2014
    I've never played a killzone game and now I see why. When I bought the game I was expecting Doom or Duke Nukem. What I got was another lame, repetitive shooter with a weak campaign mode and another kiddie room multiplayer. No thought, no strategy, no real skill, just run and gun or camp and snipe. This genre of gameplay needs to be laid to rest right beside killzone in a hole six feet deep.
  91. Mar 24, 2014
    Killzone Shadow Fall deserves less, Guerrilla and Sony tried to hide its real resolution and frame drops with false marketing and trying to focus the attention on its awful lightning.
  92. Mar 23, 2014
    Meh.... "Killzone". Blue vs red; good vs evil. Technically pretty good but I don't like the concept at all / at all..... how your dismissive mother might imagine a video game.
  93. Mar 22, 2014
    The biggest hyped thing - graphics - is not that true, because Anti-Alising is lacking, and light effect is too exaggerated that hurts my eyes. This is so unbearable, because if I turn down the light of display, then other things become too dark . What should I do? Last thing, although more advanced graphic engine is used, the graphic effect is even much less realistic than KZ2, so, noThe biggest hyped thing - graphics - is not that true, because Anti-Alising is lacking, and light effect is too exaggerated that hurts my eyes. This is so unbearable, because if I turn down the light of display, then other things become too dark . What should I do? Last thing, although more advanced graphic engine is used, the graphic effect is even much less realistic than KZ2, so, no immersing battle atmosphere is in this game.

The characters and dialogues are so so blank and forgettable except for that insane terrorist, ironic. Especially that black man who seems just hasty to finish his voice acting job then earn his income ASAP with no any enthusiasm and understanding on his character. Sadly, most of time, you have to listen to his sermon.

The metal bug mate is so annoying. It executes your order after seconds delay. Usually during the delay, you game over.

I really like KZ2, and also I really don't like KZ3. Now, Shadow Fall IMO is even worse than KZ3.

This game leaves me a very hollow feeling. It seems like a big but emotionless and pale tech demo for ps4.
  94. Mar 21, 2014
    I enjoy shooters. Not as much as other game genres like Action/Adventure, Horror, or other genres like that but this is a very well made shooter and one of my favorite shooters ever made. I honestly was pleasantly surprised by this game because I thought it would be a generic launch title, but it wasn't. It had an interesting storyline that I was hooked on from the very beginning and itI enjoy shooters. Not as much as other game genres like Action/Adventure, Horror, or other genres like that but this is a very well made shooter and one of my favorite shooters ever made. I honestly was pleasantly surprised by this game because I thought it would be a generic launch title, but it wasn't. It had an interesting storyline that I was hooked on from the very beginning and it kept my interest with it's addictive gameplay. The multiplayer is balanced and a lot of fun to play and play. It's a unique shooter with some of the most beautiful graphics to ever be displayed in a video game. I really enjoyed this game, I really did. If you're a fan of shooters, you should definitely give this game a shot. You might be surprised. Expand
  95. Mar 21, 2014
    I played couple of Killzone's and this one blew me away, haven't completed the story yet but so far I'm enjoying it but the online play is great, I prefer to play this online then COD, the graphics and visuals am really good and shows the power of the PS4! If this is the first amazing looking game on ps4 then I can't wait for the future of gaming and graphics!
    Online gameplay is amazing
    Online gameplay is amazing and doesn't bore me, really enjoy the online of this game

I own both Xbox and Playstation owner and play both current gen and next gen console
  96. Mar 21, 2014
    Killzone is such an underrated shooter game, this is much better than COD Ghosts in my opinion. The game loads incredibly fast, even faster than COD or Battlefield, and the campaign, while the story isn't perfect, it's very challenging and killing Helghasts has never been more fun. Multiplayer is what makes this game good though. It has its learning curves but once you get it, it's a funKillzone is such an underrated shooter game, this is much better than COD Ghosts in my opinion. The game loads incredibly fast, even faster than COD or Battlefield, and the campaign, while the story isn't perfect, it's very challenging and killing Helghasts has never been more fun. Multiplayer is what makes this game good though. It has its learning curves but once you get it, it's a fun multiplayer game Expand
  97. Mar 21, 2014
    Singleplayer: 7 Multiplayer: 10. A decent singleplayer campaign that shows off the ps4's power is more than complimented by its awesome and team orientated multiplayer. I haven't played a multiplayer that has so many people who co-operate with fairness and respect. Mic switched on or not I always get helped and revived and I do the same. Great game all round.
  98. Mar 21, 2014
    After more than 100 hours playing the online multiplayer I can say this is one of the best games I've ever played. It doesn't have a great camapign and its plot isn't as interesting as it could be, but the productions values are there and make this game worthwile.
  99. Mar 20, 2014
    Graphically, Killzone Shadow Fall is unsurpassed. It's a beautiful game that features a ton of attention to detail. Story wise though it is pretty bare bones. It's just...bland. It doesn't do anything that a Call of Duty or Battlefield campaign hasn't and unfortunately feels like a typical FPS campaign. Explosions, lots of guns, and over the top scenes. Nothing too memorable occurs,Graphically, Killzone Shadow Fall is unsurpassed. It's a beautiful game that features a ton of attention to detail. Story wise though it is pretty bare bones. It's just...bland. It doesn't do anything that a Call of Duty or Battlefield campaign hasn't and unfortunately feels like a typical FPS campaign. Explosions, lots of guns, and over the top scenes. Nothing too memorable occurs, although the cliff hanger ending was interesting. The multiplayer portion of Killzone Shadow Fall is a nice change of pace from other multiplayer experiences. It's not anything that will stump first timers to the Killzone franchise, if you've played any sort of FPS game you'll be able to get a hang of how Killzone Shadow Fall's multiplayer works. There's something about it that I can't put my finger on, but I have enjoyed playing Killzone's multiplayer more so than Call of Duty Ghosts and Battlefield 4. If you're a fan of FPS games, you'll likely enjoy Killzone Shadow Fall. All in all it's a solid game but one that won't leave you wow'd outside of its graphics. Expand
  100. Mar 20, 2014
    I enjoyed this game a lot, nice graphics and fluent gameplay. Unfortunately the multiplayer was not that great and there a not too many players.
    On the other hand the game is nothing special, just another shooter so i give it a 7.

1. Feb 13, 2014
    A very good and varied multiplayer FPS. Some things, like the big attack/defend scenarios, were better on Killzone 3. [Jan 2014]
  2. Jan 22, 2014
    In attempting to juggle so many balls at once, it simply loses control and bats them all over the place in a crazed, lurching frenzy as it tries to stop the whole thing from falling apart.
  3. Jan 15, 2014
    Whatever the reason was for making Shadow Fall in the first place, the result is a mixture of bland, annoying and weird.