Killzone: Shadow Fall PlayStation 4

• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Nov 15, 2013
6.9

1. Jan 12, 2016
    Previous games in the Killzone series have stood out as amongst the best of what Sony's systems have to offer. That makes this latest entry so much more disappointing. While not entirely bad there's enough going wrong here to make it worth passing up.

For starters there's the campaign, which just feels like a way to show off the graphical capabilities of the PS4 rather than providing a fun experience. Make no mistake, this is a gorgeous game. Unfortunately visual splendor can only carry an experience so far. With boring storytelling, frustrating shootouts, pathetic weapons, and occasionally unresponsive controls the single-player experience falls short. The biggest issue with the campaign is just that it doesn't feel like Killzone. What we get instead is just a really bad Call of Duty.

The multiplayer on the other hand is a blast. It's fun, chaotic, and most definitely Killzone. However it too isn't without it's flaws. For one the experience in dying rather quickly. You can still almost always find full matches of team deathmatch, but the other modes it just comes down to when you look. There are times when the game will be buzzing with activity, and times when you'll be wondering where everyone is. Bot matches are available, but they just aren't the same.

It's a shame the more objective based modes are the ones that are usually empty. Those are the ones that keep people moving. Unfortunately most TDM matches end up with a lot of camping. They usually turn out with one team trapping the other in their spawn base. Matches are still action packed and both sides can still get kills regardless if they're the trapper or the trapped, but it can really suck getting holed up like that.

Shadow Fall's multiplayer portion can still be a heck of a lot of fun, but the camping and an ever diminishing player base are turn offs. With the single-player offering falling flat on it's face and the co-operative mode only being available as paid DLC it's hard to really recommend it. It's a big disappointment considering it's part of the usually excellent Killzone series. It can still provide some competitive thrills, but no one would blame you for passing this game in favor of games that are more satisfying overall.

I give it a 6.2/10
  2. Nov 27, 2013
    This game had the unfortunate billing of being Sony's flagship launch title for the PS4 and it just does not live up to that goal. If this game had been released with less fanfare, then I would have given it a better score. Still, this is a solid shooter that, unfortunately for Sony, falls on it's face in the one facet that a shooter needs to succeed nowadays in and that's the multiplayer.This game had the unfortunate billing of being Sony's flagship launch title for the PS4 and it just does not live up to that goal. If this game had been released with less fanfare, then I would have given it a better score. Still, this is a solid shooter that, unfortunately for Sony, falls on it's face in the one facet that a shooter needs to succeed nowadays in and that's the multiplayer. While the multiplayer is not inherently bad, it doesn't live up to the standard that has been set by CoD and Battlefield. Speaking as a Battlefield player, I personally felt like there was just too much of the same thing going on with pretty much everything in the game. Most of the weapons felt the same and the maps didn't feel very compelling to continue playing. The single-player takes the cake here as it's challenging and long, about 10 hours to complete. While the story isn't great, it's the best story I've seen in a single-player shooter in a long time. I really wanted this game to be the showcase game for the system. Instead it lived up to the Killzone name by presenting us a solid shooter that just doesn't quite live up to the hype that surrounded it. And with both Battlefield 4 and CoD being on the PS4, it's very hard to recommend this game over one of the two others, especially to a fan of either game. Expand
  3. Nov 29, 2016
    (This was my first Killzone game) I found the gunplay and the multiplayer to be really solid. Movement can be a bit slow, but otherwise, the gameplay handles pretty well. As a launch title for PS4, it was a pretty good one and the campaign was actually pretty decent. The plot was interesting and it has a decent replay value. Of course, the multiplayer s the most important aspect, and going(This was my first Killzone game) I found the gunplay and the multiplayer to be really solid. Movement can be a bit slow, but otherwise, the gameplay handles pretty well. As a launch title for PS4, it was a pretty good one and the campaign was actually pretty decent. The plot was interesting and it has a decent replay value. Of course, the multiplayer s the most important aspect, and going back to that, it's pretty fun and overall a good FPS game. Expand
  4. Nel
    Dec 4, 2016
    First game I played on the PS4, back when it came out. The Killzone game back then had great graphics, the story was lacking, and the controls were meh.
  5. Jan 30, 2015
    Killzone: Shadow Fall is a good game that is unfortunately not as good as the previous two installments. The story is weak and disbanded, and the gameplay is repetitive. However, that being said, this is still a fun game to boot on the Playstation 4.
  6. Mar 18, 2016
    Killzone Shadow Fall is an average attempt to bring Killzone back into the limelight. The graphics in Shadow Fall are amazing, and they really show off the power of the PS4, unfortunately, everything else about Shadow Fall fails miserably. Firstly, the AI is as dumb as a rock, enemies will run straight into your line of fire, being instantly shredded apart by your bullets. Secondly, TheKillzone Shadow Fall is an average attempt to bring Killzone back into the limelight. The graphics in Shadow Fall are amazing, and they really show off the power of the PS4, unfortunately, everything else about Shadow Fall fails miserably. Firstly, the AI is as dumb as a rock, enemies will run straight into your line of fire, being instantly shredded apart by your bullets. Secondly, The story is very lackluster and forgettable, I don't remember any of the characters' names. The multiplayer should keep you playing for a couple of weeks though, it is pretty good. In short, only buy Shadow Fall if your'e a hardcore Killzone fan, but for the rest of us, there are other shooters in the market. I'm sure Guerilla will deliver with Horizon Zero Dawn. Expand
  7. Aug 16, 2016
    Killzone Shadow Fall is a first-person shooter video game developed by Guerrilla Games and published by Sony Computer Entertainment.

+ Excellent Graphics
    - Bad AI
  8. Mar 27, 2014
    This game isnt a so much badassed game, but it have good graphics and a good gameplay, but the problem is the story and that it isnt a badassed game, but is fun.
  9. Jan 7, 2016
    Whilst the graphics are truly stunning and worthy of Next-Gen, the games story mode is slightly lacking in atmosphere. The online side of the game has a whole branch of positives, but ultimately flows in a style I found slightly unrewarding. Despite such factors, I found myself gripped at times by what was on screen.
  10. May 29, 2014
    Killzone Shadow Fall has beautiful graphics and some good new ideas but not much else. The enemy A.I is poor, which takes away a lot of the fun of the single player, the plot is not as well developed as it could be. The multiplayer is really nothing special.
  11. Feb 26, 2015
    This game was more to showoff the graphics of the PS4 which was effective. However, due to that, the campaign really suffers and I wasn't interested in it at all. Multiplayer is really fun though!
  12. Mar 12, 2014
    Rushed launch title, beautiful graphics though but the gameplay is lacking for the most part.. I enjoyed very much Killzone 2 and 3, this game isn't even the same calibre as those game... I just thought the game was boring and uninspired.
  13. May 29, 2014
    Graphics: 7.2 Sound: 7.5 Gameplay: 7.2 Fun/Story: 7.0

An average game, some disappointment with graphics and story. Of course it doesn´t look bad and it has some nice effects and landscapes but PS4 has power for much more.
  14. Apr 15, 2016

Killzone Shadow Fall opts for a more open-ended, stealth-based approach. Levels are much more open than in previous games, allowing for multiple ways/routes to complete objectives. Also in Shadow Fall, for the first half of the campaign, the player is alone in firefights, with the OWL as the player's only companion, which is able to lay down cover fire, among other abilities. During the second half onward, the player is occasionally joined by Echo as an ally, where she is able to snipe enemies marked by the player
  15. Dec 28, 2013
    Look, i never liked Killzone
    i think its a overated franchise
    but this game is good!!! it has a good gameplay
    the graphics are very awesome but ....i dont know its very dissapointing
    i guess i hate Multiplayer and the First Person shooter are not the mine
    well, this game is good...still better than killzone trilogy
  16. Apr 11, 2016
    I have played so many FPS games but this was the one that caught me for a solid amount of time making itself as the perfect start the ps4 needed. The graphics were by far the best in any game it has a sense of vividity and freedom in its limited range of combat. the biggest and really good addition in the gameplay was Avle or something that can save you, attack your
  17. Dec 30, 2016
    eu joguei muito pouco do Killzone no ps2, mais eu gostava demais, ainda mais quando jogava de dois no offline mesmo, era muito divertido, entao eu ate tava empolgado com esse Killzone: Shadow Fall, entao decidi comprar, e foi junto com Infamous Second Son meus dois primeiro jogos de ps4, eu achei o jogo um saco, missoes sem graças, dificuldade boa, mais isso nao é bem um ponto positivo,eu joguei muito pouco do Killzone no ps2, mais eu gostava demais, ainda mais quando jogava de dois no offline mesmo, era muito divertido, entao eu ate tava empolgado com esse Killzone: Shadow Fall, entao decidi comprar, e foi junto com Infamous Second Son meus dois primeiro jogos de ps4, eu achei o jogo um saco, missoes sem graças, dificuldade boa, mais isso nao é bem um ponto positivo, enredo bem cliche, personagem nada memoravel, grafico bons, mais longe de ser nivel ps4, pelo para mim, eu esperava bem mais de Killzone: Shadow Fall. Nota 5.2 Expand
  18. Nov 21, 2013
    The graphics are amazing. That's pretty much it. That's all the game has going for it. The multiplayer is exactly the same as the last two games in the series. The single player is boring to the point of exhaustion. Little variety in the environments, and weapons adds to this. The story is also really uninteresting.
  19. Dec 29, 2013
    This is a very average first person shooter worth playing since there are not very many games for the PS4. The First person story is horrendous but does get a tad better towards the game. The gameplay is smooth for the most part with a few frame rate issues here and there. The graphics are pretty good. I would compare them to medium-high with some AA on a gaming pc. The in game sound is aThis is a very average first person shooter worth playing since there are not very many games for the PS4. The First person story is horrendous but does get a tad better towards the game. The gameplay is smooth for the most part with a few frame rate issues here and there. The graphics are pretty good. I would compare them to medium-high with some AA on a gaming pc. The in game sound is a little sub par and the voice acting was terrible. Don't let the open level talk fool you. This game is on rails. The check point system will break immersion due to changing your weapon load out in the middle of a chapter.

With all that said I did enjoy playing this game and retiring my PS3 with no regrets. For a launch game I am pleased because future iterations of PS4 games will only get better.
  20. Jun 16, 2014
    I think the game was fine. I didn't really enjoyed it much. but I was expecting that. I liked the visuals. Game play experience was good. Definitely having a dron support all the time was great idea.
    Story was nice. You get to play different style from action to stealth. Although stealth wasn't really good at some points. Maybe because it wasn't supposed to be stealthy at those points.
    I
    I really appreciated the checkpoints and chapter select.
    I didn't go through the MP. But I think it was fine too according to other reviews and demos.
    This is 7 for me
  21. Jun 3, 2014
    A poor contribution to the franchise, this game is a real dissapontment when it comes to talk about a ps4 launch game, not as bad as Knack, but stlll a mediocre game, very weak IA, this is not a good game at all.
    No improvements over the previous releases, this is what the ps4 have to offer? really? this must be a joke, someone please show me a good ps4 game before i decide never buy that system
  22. Dec 4, 2013
    Killzone Shadowfall is the video game equivalent of Pamela Anderson 20 years back. Gorgeous to look at, but nothing else really worth your time. And boy is this game pretty. At times, it puts Crysis 3 maxed on PC to total shame. But that alone isn't enough to save it. The plot itself is decent, however poorly executed. If you asked me to tell you what happened, I simply wouldn't be able toKillzone Shadowfall is the video game equivalent of Pamela Anderson 20 years back. Gorgeous to look at, but nothing else really worth your time. And boy is this game pretty. At times, it puts Crysis 3 maxed on PC to total shame. But that alone isn't enough to save it. The plot itself is decent, however poorly executed. If you asked me to tell you what happened, I simply wouldn't be able to tell you because the storytelling is so unbelievably poor that it completely fails to convey what's going on at the end of the day it feels like a chain of disjointed missions with some reoccurring characters. The gameplay itself is decent, the characters aren't as snappy or responsive as they could be, but no worse than any other Killzone title in that respect either. Tools like the Owl, as well as many of the multiplayer perks help keep things interesting, but they fail to use any of these gadgets in a particularly creative way. The singleplayer campaign itself is around 10 hours long on hard at a guess, which is a fair bit longer than your average FPS these days, and the graphics are incredible and the level design is generally very good. Unfortunately, there ain't much re-playability here as there's no co-op, no higher difficulty etc if your first playthrough was on hard, bar trophy grinding, there really isn't any reason to play through again. The multiplayer is also decent, there's plenty of interesting perks and abilities, but a great number of the weapons are dull and samey, and the multiplayer gameplay despite it's creative intentions just end up being frag matches at certain map choke points. There are bots you can play against, but they're the equivalent of a practice mode in that you can't do any challenges or unlock anything while fighting against them, so they're not really useful to the average antisocial gamer. The last of a third mode outside of singleplayer and multiplayer limits the value of this game as well. While many games will have a third, like horde mode, or zombies, or something like that, all this has is SP and MP. Nothing else. I think at the end of the day though, Shadowfall is an essential title for your new PS4. Why? Because it's absolutely gorgeous if you want something to show off exactly what your new machine can do, this is the best looking console game to date bar nothing, and for that reason, an excellent title for anybody looking to see what their new hardware can do just don't expect a great game Shadowfall is just decent. Final Score: 7.0/10 Expand
  23. Oct 22, 2014
    Superb graphic but zero story and boring campaign.
    Multiplayer is ok but so slow a heavy feel for me.
    This game is much worst then Killzone 3 and the best KZ game is still 2.
  24. Apr 7, 2015
    Unbelievable nice presentation but rather mediocre every were else. At best its solid but nothing special. There are some moments in the game that really let it shine but there are also a lot of boring and repetitive firefights. I personally thing that Killzone 2 and 3 are way better games! But you can get ist for like 15€ so you should give it a try!
  25. May 22, 2016
    I didn't like that game one bit (which is weird since i enjoyed killzone 2 and 3) ! Campaign is really boring and contains enemies that can see you from miles away and that can respawns in already cleared up places.
  26. May 8, 2016
    Killzone Shadowfall is called Shadowfail for a reason. Most of the game is B level effort that the developer expects you to play like AAA game. The story is non-sensical, and tries to make you empathize with space Nazis. You just can't empathize with space Nazis. Maybe you will feel bad for the civilians who have to live in the space Nazi side of the planet, but their plight is the faultKillzone Shadowfall is called Shadowfail for a reason. Most of the game is B level effort that the developer expects you to play like AAA game. The story is non-sensical, and tries to make you empathize with space Nazis. You just can't empathize with space Nazis. Maybe you will feel bad for the civilians who have to live in the space Nazi side of the planet, but their plight is the fault of the space Nazis. A poor story alone has never ruined an otherwise fun game. Too bad Shadowfail has frustrating, outdated gameplay. Perhaps I was put off by the not 1, not 2, but at least 4 tutorials in the game. Grenades take 10 seconds to throw, and you will be killed by enemy fire before you can throw one. Enemies have X-Ray binocular vision and have no problem shooting a moving target and making cover is almost worthless. The levels themselves are made non-sensical by arbitrary use of fences or piles of rubble. At least 25% of the game is spent looking for the waypoint. One frustrating set of levels uses the same non-sensical logic puzzle. You need to disable sentry devices in the same way. Moving forward, however, has nothing to do with disabling the sentries devices themselves. The same is true of missions where you have to defend a position while you wait for a computer to activate or an aircraft to land. The event only occurs when all enemies are elimited. Other portions of the game are nearly broken, with one boss fight going far too long when the invisible boss went missing for several minutes.

Shadowfail may have decent multiplayer, but I will never know. The on-line lobbies are all Ghost towns in 2016. Considering the mediocre response to this game, that's not surprising. I am assuming Shadowfail is the end of the Killzone series. If Shadowfail is any indication, that's a good thing.
  27. Nov 14, 2015
    Killzone does the job, nothing more, nothing less. It shows what the PS4 can do technically and that the Dualshock 4 is finally FPS-friendly. But that's all.
  28. Sep 30, 2014
    Oh dear, this was certainly not what I was expecting. This game is a prime example of a game that can 'talk the talk' but can't 'walk the walk' per se. The visuals are absolutely amazing, in fact they are some of the best I have ever seen, but that doesn't make up for the boring mission structure and repetitive gameplay. It's not the worst game I've ever played, but I certainly wouldn'tOh dear, this was certainly not what I was expecting. This game is a prime example of a game that can 'talk the talk' but can't 'walk the walk' per se. The visuals are absolutely amazing, in fact they are some of the best I have ever seen, but that doesn't make up for the boring mission structure and repetitive gameplay. It's not the worst game I've ever played, but I certainly wouldn't recommend it. Expand
  29. Feb 24, 2015
    My first Killzone game. Look amazing, but gameplay is not good. Story line is average without one exciting moment.
    MP have a lot of skills, which spoils fun ( flying drones, turrets a lot of others... )
  30. Nov 18, 2013
    enjoying it so far, but it's really not 'next gen'. i'm primarily a pc gamer and i've been doing pretty well this past couple months so figured why not just buy a ps4. i had a couple pre-ordered for resale on ebay so went ahead and got killzone with the system. been kind of craving a mindless fps game to play, and just wans't feeling the new BF4 or COD so i wasn't expecting to be blownenjoying it so far, but it's really not 'next gen'. i'm primarily a pc gamer and i've been doing pretty well this past couple months so figured why not just buy a ps4. i had a couple pre-ordered for resale on ebay so went ahead and got killzone with the system. been kind of craving a mindless fps game to play, and just wans't feeling the new BF4 or COD so i wasn't expecting to be blown away. the game is pretty good but nothing special in any way so far. it's fun, maybe others will enjoy it more as it's my first killzone title. i primarily have played multi, which is pretty varied.

honestly though, my first thoughts after loading up the game were my pc could have done this 4 years ago easily... haha. i hope the new architecture helps ports go over to pc easier. the console is decent, and the game is ok, but i will probably end up selling the console down the line and sticking to pc.

curiosity got the best of me really. if you have lots of friends that play games on ps4 though, it might be a lot more fun for you. that's a big part in the equation for multiplayer.
  31. Sep 25, 2016
    Um dos FPS mais injustiçados dessa geração. O jogo é bom, não é tão bom quanto o 2 ou 3, mas está longe de ser ruim. É o carro-chefe dos FPS da Sony, portanto, ele merece muita atenção e mais cuidado. Espero uma sequência pra me impressionar.
  32. Nov 19, 2014
    I was a huge fan Killzone 1 and 2 on the PS2. Especially Killzone 1; For its time it was far ahead of many FPS games. So, here comes Killzone Shadow Fall for the PS4, I picked the game up expecting something a lot more than what I received. The graphics were good, and the gameplay mechanics were great, as always with Killzone. But everything else felt very dull and lackluster to me. I feltI was a huge fan Killzone 1 and 2 on the PS2. Especially Killzone 1; For its time it was far ahead of many FPS games. So, here comes Killzone Shadow Fall for the PS4, I picked the game up expecting something a lot more than what I received. The graphics were good, and the gameplay mechanics were great, as always with Killzone. But everything else felt very dull and lackluster to me. I felt like I was playing every other FPS shooter game; "run here, kill enemies, run here, kill enemies, ambushed, kill enemies, etc". I ended up returning it to GameStop after about 6 hours of gameplay and never touching it again.

Overall, Killzone Shadow Fall is a great example of what happens when developers draw out games for too long. They had a great franchise but they beat it to death. Still, I would recommend this game to someone looking for a decent FPS game on this PS4, but it wouldn't be my first game recommendation to someone.
  33. Apr 26, 2016
    I’ve only played the campaign as I am not interested on playing this kind of games online. I must say that the campaign felt quite different in comparison to the other killzones. The other killzones were much more epic, I mean the setting was a proper war whereas this one was more of a covert ops game. Don’t get me wrong this does not mean the game is all about infiltration and stuff, itI’ve only played the campaign as I am not interested on playing this kind of games online. I must say that the campaign felt quite different in comparison to the other killzones. The other killzones were much more epic, I mean the setting was a proper war whereas this one was more of a covert ops game. Don’t get me wrong this does not mean the game is all about infiltration and stuff, it isn’t, in my opinion it is still a bullets flying everywhere festival. This, for me, means that in terms of story I found it was slightly less interesting but the gameplay is quite similar to the other killzones which is good. Summarising here, I’d say is fun to play with a plot that gives you and excuse but won’t surprise you.

Graphics and sound are pretty good with some scenarios that will let you “wow, this is good”, but it is not as amazing as some game magazines say. It is good but just that, good. I have to say that the level design is excellent though, the scenarios are quite big and in a lot of situations, they give you the chance of addressing a situation in several different ways.

Overall, I’d say is a good shooter, not great, there’s much better stuff out there but you’ll have some decent fun playing the campaign.
  34. Jan 9, 2015
    It felt like this game was made so that it could be released as a launch title that shows off the PS4's hardware.

The gameplay is solid and it's always fun running around sniping average AI's. The story is one that you'll probably only like if you have been interested in the Killzone storyline, but of course, with an FPS game, you'll be excused if you press X and skip a cutscene or two.

The multiplayer is decent, but with games like Battlefield 4 and Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, there are definitely better options for online multiplayer games.

So, overall it is a pretty fun shooter, but it is a launch title that had a little more thought put into the graphics than the features. It was definitely one of the best Launch titles for the Playstation 4. It's the worst Killzone game, but it's still a good game.
  35. Apr 7, 2016
    The graphics were amazing. Sadly, that is the only good thing about this game. The gameplay was very clunky for a FPS, the multiplayer modes were set up terribly and were flat out boring, and the game lacked story. It was the worst FPS I've played in a while.
  36. Apr 24, 2015
    I guess Killzone was the best PS4-launch game. Good graphics, a sort of showcase for the PS4. But when you play it, you realize that Killzone has a poor content. The solo mode is short and the scenario is mediocre. Multiplayer mode is a deception too. It is too simple, not deep enough, you cannot spend hours on KZ unless you never played any other good multiplayer FPS.

There is a coop

There is a coop mode, but a 15€ DLC of course
  37. Mar 8, 2017
    FPS isnt my favourit genre, i hate it in general, but liked Killzone series, especially second part, for desing level, heavy and dirty future war, powered by top graphic (technical site). Shadow Fall is different, its still top tech, i upvote open areas but its not more what i love most. No more crap, junk, dirts, its colourfull laser shooter...Helghast no more formidable "nazi" styleFPS isnt my favourit genre, i hate it in general, but liked Killzone series, especially second part, for desing level, heavy and dirty future war, powered by top graphic (technical site). Shadow Fall is different, its still top tech, i upvote open areas but its not more what i love most. No more crap, junk, dirts, its colourfull laser shooter...Helghast no more formidable "nazi" style repectful soldiers, they wearing nylon and looks plastic. I except Killzone to be Killzone, not halo... Expand
  38. Mar 15, 2014
    Killzone: Shadow Fall tries to start the franchise fresh on the PlayStation 4 with new characters, a new setting, and a new art design. Shadow Fall's story has a very interesting set up, Helghan has been destroyed so now the Helghast now live on Vekta and the only thing that separates the races is a giant defense wall. After the set up the story fails to take off and turns out to be aKillzone: Shadow Fall tries to start the franchise fresh on the PlayStation 4 with new characters, a new setting, and a new art design. Shadow Fall's story has a very interesting set up, Helghan has been destroyed so now the Helghast now live on Vekta and the only thing that separates the races is a giant defense wall. After the set up the story fails to take off and turns out to be a bland tale about deception and war. The game play is slightly changed, mainly the controls, as they are simplified to be more fast-paced for shooting. The environments are more open and are very similar to Crysis, where you are free to dispatch your enemies in your own way. The multiplayer is very simple but that is what makes it so good. It feels different from other first-person shooters where you are constantly leveling up and being rewarded. In Shadow Fall you start with all weapons and abilities, and are free you use whatever you like. The graphics are definitely the best looking of the launch titles for the PS4. Unlike other Killzones, Shadow Fall is bright and colorful instead of the dark and gloomy settings of the past Killzones. Killzone: Shadow does some new and different things that are great, but it also still has some short comings that the series is know for. Expand
  39. Mar 24, 2016
    I would write as much as I possibly can about Killzone: Shadow Fall, but I honestly can not remember half of it. It is not a bad game, but nothing about it is good.

The gameplay is solid enough, as it has been in previous Killzone games. The graphics in this launch title really do show off what the next-generation of consoles can really do and, credit where credit is due, the world that you play in is beautiful. However, that is all this game really has to offer. I can not recall one character's name, the plot of the game, or any interesting gameplay mechanic.

It is an average game that is boosted by its beauty, but held back by its lack of originality.
  40. Oct 23, 2015
    Un juego que no tiene que ver casi nada con la saga, la campaña para mi es una de las mejores de su género, pero con un online muy pobre comparado con Killzone 2, ese juego puso el listón del juego online demasiado alto. Un buen juego si quieres un modo campaña de Shooter en condiciones.
  41. Jan 9, 2015
    killzone Shadow Fall is great because of multiplayer. there are many beautiful maps and firefight is intense. Single player is ok to play but this game is all about multiplayer !
  42. Jan 20, 2014
    When I first got my PS4, I had to have an exclusive to see what the graphics of a next gen game were. So I went for Killzone, and I'm not disappointed with what I saw. The Graphics look amazing, and definitely the best looking game out there on PS4 at the moment. I did feel the campaign was quite boring, the quieter moments didn't really work and the mechanics of some areas just felt weirdWhen I first got my PS4, I had to have an exclusive to see what the graphics of a next gen game were. So I went for Killzone, and I'm not disappointed with what I saw. The Graphics look amazing, and definitely the best looking game out there on PS4 at the moment. I did feel the campaign was quite boring, the quieter moments didn't really work and the mechanics of some areas just felt weird and not very well done. The multiplayer is okay, but you have to compare it with the other shooters released. And I end up going back to BF4 when I'm in the mood for some multiplayer shooter action. Expand
  43. Apr 23, 2015
    This game is great as a launch title for showcasing what the PS4 could be able to deliver. It takes full advantage of the PS4 controller (something than more recent games fail to do) and the multiplayer is probably its best part.

On the other hand, the graphics are good, but not awesome. The story sets out to be interesting, but after a few hours it will turn out to be dull and repetitive. It's pretty much the same with the weapons and everything else in it.

It's worth a shot if you got it for free when you bought the console, as I did, or if you find an incredible deal.
  44. Feb 2, 2015
    This game has the feel of something just being slapped together to get a PS4 exclusive out on the market. The graphics are generally fantastic and the locations are often very cool but the gameplay, controls and story are consistently weak. The controls do not allow for quick access to anything in combat so the game lacks any fluidity or opportunity to improvise. If the combat in Far Cry 4This game has the feel of something just being slapped together to get a PS4 exclusive out on the market. The graphics are generally fantastic and the locations are often very cool but the gameplay, controls and story are consistently weak. The controls do not allow for quick access to anything in combat so the game lacks any fluidity or opportunity to improvise. If the combat in Far Cry 4 is rated anywhere from 8-9, Killzone Shadow Fall is a 5-6. The AI is unremarkable and you can often see it just standing frozen in combat until you change your position. The pacing of the game is awkward and you sometimes wonder what the hell should be happening or why you're not shooting enemies. For $50 this game is just bad, for $15 bucks this game might be acceptable if you're really bored. Overall this game feels like a tech demo to show off some cool graphics. Expand
  45. Nov 15, 2013
    7.5 is my "honest" score. It's a decent, albeit run-of-the-mill and somewhat forgettable, FPS. Single player is fun, but short; MP is well-done. Graphics are excellent, about on par with a PC playing Crysis 3 on high settings at 1080p. There's just something missing to make this game great, or even very good it's almost too generic and tries to fit the mold of a sci-fi shooter without7.5 is my "honest" score. It's a decent, albeit run-of-the-mill and somewhat forgettable, FPS. Single player is fun, but short; MP is well-done. Graphics are excellent, about on par with a PC playing Crysis 3 on high settings at 1080p. There's just something missing to make this game great, or even very good it's almost too generic and tries to fit the mold of a sci-fi shooter without much originality. I guess this is what's to be expected from a launch game. In the paltry selection of PS4 launch titles, it's probably one of your top three choices if you're getting a console on launch day. Expand
  46. Dec 4, 2013
    Killzone is one of the best looking games out there. but sadly that is all it will be known for. the story is forgettable, confusing, and sadly pretty boring.. it's pretty long, but it isn't satisfying.

the multiplayer is just average. imagine COD if everyone had juggernaught x5. it has it's moments but it's not special. Killzone feels like nothing more than a tech demo for the ps4.

Killzone feels like nothing more than a tech demo for the ps4. but I can't give it a high score for graphics. it's an average game with great graphics, and for that, 6/10
  47. Aug 7, 2016
    Killzone Shadow Fall is a mediocre FPS experience. First off, the devs seriously need to drop this stealth gameplay idea for the series. Killzone has always been about massive battles and the ISA taking on large amounts of the Helghast. This slow stealth experience kills off the gameplay and goes against what the series has been about.

On the more positive side, the graphics are top

On the more positive side, the graphics are top notch in this game and shows off what the PS4 can do. The soundtrack is also very impressive and fits the mood for every scenario.

Shadow Fall could of been so much better. For the next Shadow Fall game, I want to see the gimmicky owl removed, puzzles removed, and stealth gameplay axed. Killzone 3 was so much better. I would like to see the next Killzone game get back to the basics which is MASSIVE battles. No more stealth!
  48. Jun 2, 2014
    Killzone: Shadow fall is a good game that wants to be something great.

While offering beautiful visuals that come close to what any top end PC can offer. Kill zone unfortunately stumbles with sometimes questionable AI, bad voice acting, and bad level design; which at times, can become quite frustrating. However, while it has a lot of bad aspects, it also offers a lot of good. Such
    Killzone: Shadow fall is a good game that wants to be something great.

However, while it has a lot of bad aspects, it also offers a lot of good. Such as great multi-player, a solid single player campaign and a fairly solid story to go with it.

Also, Killzone offers some great weapons and gadgets to play with.

Its just a shame, because with just a little more time and polish, it could have meant the difference between a good game and a great game.

Unfortunately Killzone remains the former.
  49. Mar 25, 2014
    This game looked awesome in the demos. The game is fun, but it isn't Titanfall. This is about as close as you'll get to it, though. Enjoy your OWLs, and us PC elitists will enjoy our giant metal cans of beans that shoot LASERS AND ROCKETS AND STUFF.
    6 beans in a can of 10.
  50. Oct 9, 2016
    As a launch title for the PS4 it really shows off what the PS4 can do. It serves as a great tech demo for the system and gives me high hopes for the future. With that that said I haven't played a Killzone since the first one on PS2, and i never thought that game was all that great of a game. While this one has bettered some of the things i thought the original had faulted with, it stillAs a launch title for the PS4 it really shows off what the PS4 can do. It serves as a great tech demo for the system and gives me high hopes for the future. With that that said I haven't played a Killzone since the first one on PS2, and i never thought that game was all that great of a game. While this one has bettered some of the things i thought the original had faulted with, it still does a poor job of creating a truly "next gen" experience.

There were a lot of frustrating moments in the game that served little more then a test of patience. Also for an odd design choice the starting rifle you start with cannot be dropped. If you play on any of the higher difficulties and use the weapon a lot you will be finding yourself stuck with one empty weapon and struggling to find another weapon to use for the next wave of enemies.

Killzone has the illusion of a good weapon variety, but you'll mostly only come across Heligan weapons and most of them just feel the same. I would go from rifle to rifle, and without maybe the difference in attachments (grenade launcher, scope, ect) the guns just felt the same.

The story it self is engaging enough, but feel lack luster compared to other modern shooters. It kept me going but of course the end left me in a "wtf just happened" moment" and a sequelbait ending. The opening of the game does a well enough job to set up the game so that you don't have to play the previous 3 games to understand what is going on, but the reason that the Heligan are on the IAS home world is just baffling.

Overall it is slightly above average as far as other modern shooters that are available. If you love FPS games and want to see what type of graphics the PS4 can do then it might be worth a buy at its reduced price.
  51. Aug 23, 2014
    After playing Killzone: Shadow Fall, I get a weird feeling. For all it's ridiculousness, over the top hype and more ridiculousness, I actually miss Killzone 2. It's heavy and slightly sluggish in comparison to CoD and it's ilk felt great with each hit feeling weighty and meaningful.

Fast forwards to today and Shadow Fall leaves me somewhat wanting. The game looks very nice, but strangely unappealing with strange proportions and designs that contradict each other, even more so when the almost standard 'explosive set piece' appears that was triggered by the smallest thing. Weapons and some of the physics feel out of place as well, with enemies jumping back when hit with the shotgun almost as if they were yanked by by a wire while many of the machine guns feel like they don't do much, even surprising me when an enemy hits the ground.

Some design elements also cause problems, with the usual dual weapons but now only one can be swapped. Your health is also not very clear as I've been killed without realising I was near death several times.

Not everything's bad. The semi-openness of levels allows you to approach objectives from different directions or in different orders depending on the scenario, but the story makes each scenario difficult to take even vaguely seriously, especially after the ridiculous back story as to why the Helghast are there in the first place.

The game's worthy of a rental if you're bored, but I'd recommend Wolfenstein over it.
  52. Feb 11, 2014
    The graphics in this game are it's best feature and even them are not mind blowing. The controls are frustratingly slow and sluggish, the enemies appear from behind all the time, and just after a few shots your dead, but it takes them 5-6 in the face to do so. the game is so linear and leaves you in the lurch and your left wondering what to do and where to go, The ai is extremely poor andThe graphics in this game are it's best feature and even them are not mind blowing. The controls are frustratingly slow and sluggish, the enemies appear from behind all the time, and just after a few shots your dead, but it takes them 5-6 in the face to do so. the game is so linear and leaves you in the lurch and your left wondering what to do and where to go, The ai is extremely poor and inefficient, they sometimes just stand there and do nothing, the friendly ai is even worse they just shout out your macho cliches like "cover me i'm reloading" and so on, and don't directly help you out. Based on the fact you die easily, the controls and game play mechanics are far too slow paced like let's say reloading, melee attacks, your owl attack modes and many more, because of all them aspects being so slow, and your dying so fast, they don't result in a smooth fun game. The story is another typical yawn fest like most killzones that have come before it, the characters are featureless and lack a heart, I honestly have had even more fun on bleeding knack, plus pong, yeah pong too. Expand
  53. Dec 14, 2013
    Like Ryse, Killzone Shadow Fall is essentially a tech demo of how good the PS4 can preform visually in fact it looks better Ryse! However Shadow Fall sets itself apart from Ryse for having actual worthwhile, fun gameplay, the king of which is its incredible multiplayer. So lets start with the campaign easily the most disappointing part of the game. In Killzone 3, the VSA( good guys)Like Ryse, Killzone Shadow Fall is essentially a tech demo of how good the PS4 can preform visually in fact it looks better Ryse! However Shadow Fall sets itself apart from Ryse for having actual worthwhile, fun gameplay, the king of which is its incredible multiplayer. So lets start with the campaign easily the most disappointing part of the game. In Killzone 3, the VSA( good guys) totally destroy the planet of the Helghast space nazis In return, the VSA let the Helghast colonise half of their planet, leading to a Cold War scenario that's SUPPOSED to be mystery and espionage... No! It Michael Bay style action, which can be super cool at times, but still doesn't fit the purpose. Your supposed to care for the characters... No! The characters are boring and un memorable. The A.I. is alright, and overall the campaign is good, but comes with a very VERY bad ending. But once you sink your teeth into the sandwich known as multiplayer! It's fast and fluid, while also being tactical and dynamic. Returns is Killzones signature warzone, a constant online battle that's constantly updating with new objectives. Despite this, the thing I love the most about Shadow Fall is its levelling system... There is none. Instead to unlock stuff like new weapon mods( all guns are unlocked at the begging, which can help noobs have a chance at winning. If Shadow Falls campaign was on par with its multiplayer then this would of been the perfect FPS... But it's not. Expand
  54. Dec 28, 2015
    This Game Was a joke sometime hard sometime easy sometime story get amazing sometime boring its a mess but i still expect something from it and it was not a very good game
  55. PMG
    Jul 9, 2014
    If i have to be honest this game is pretty generic. The story is boring with unmerable characters. That said the first true level has sandbox levels of freedom and it is helped along by the zipline. The game has excellent controls and really feel like a game that was designed with the DuelShock 4 as it is very fluid. I will say i have way more fun with other online shooters sinse the lackIf i have to be honest this game is pretty generic. The story is boring with unmerable characters. That said the first true level has sandbox levels of freedom and it is helped along by the zipline. The game has excellent controls and really feel like a game that was designed with the DuelShock 4 as it is very fluid. I will say i have way more fun with other online shooters sinse the lack of a level up feature often makes me fell like i wasted my time if i did badly and that were no rewards. But the game is backed up by excellent visuals, great and varied weapons, and cool map design. Oh yeah and one final thing. The enemys are idiots and yet somehow they manage to have a difficulty spike in the latter sections of the 10 or so hour campain. Expand
  56. Mar 22, 2016
    A launch title for PS4. Good graphics and gameplay, multiplayer was bleh and campaign was no where near as good as KZ3. KZ3 is the definitive KZ, not this.
  57. Nov 23, 2013
    Unfortunately I have to give this game a "Meh" rating due to the total let-down and... I hate to say... it's not as good as the previous KillZone games. I went in expecting it to be A LOT better than KillZone 2 & 3 and this game did not deliver. For one i was disappointed at the fact that the levels were pretty dull compared to the beautiful levels in the previous games. I feel like theUnfortunately I have to give this game a "Meh" rating due to the total let-down and... I hate to say... it's not as good as the previous KillZone games. I went in expecting it to be A LOT better than KillZone 2 & 3 and this game did not deliver. For one i was disappointed at the fact that the levels were pretty dull compared to the beautiful levels in the previous games. I feel like the developer rushed this game due to it's timeline for release, and it shows in quality. I must say that Xbox one so far is impressing me a whole lot more with Ryse. Let's hope later down the line better games come out for my PS4 Expand
  58. Jun 23, 2014
    So let me get this straight. The Vektans destroy Helgan and make it uninhabitable, so they give up half their own planet to the surviving Helgast because they were feeling sorry for them ? Talk about a crappy storyline. Anyway, I enjoyed the previous Killzone games but this one is pretty ordinary. Coupled with the new Sony controller which feels even less comfortable in the hand than theSo let me get this straight. The Vektans destroy Helgan and make it uninhabitable, so they give up half their own planet to the surviving Helgast because they were feeling sorry for them ? Talk about a crappy storyline. Anyway, I enjoyed the previous Killzone games but this one is pretty ordinary. Coupled with the new Sony controller which feels even less comfortable in the hand than the PS3 version and I am glad I got this as a freebie. Particularly annoying is the fact that I can't exchange the basic loadout assault rifle for something else, so I only have one variable weapon option. The OWL is fun to use, but seems to go missing quite often. If you are thinking of spending your money on this one, I wouldn't bother. Expand
  59. Aug 21, 2015
    The events of Killzone Shadow Fall take place thirty years after the events of Killzone 3. Set in a time of planetary colonization, the game focuses on the conflict between the Vektans and the Helghast, two rival colonist factions inhabiting a remote planet. For 3 decades, both factions have lived side by side, separated by an enormous security wall – but now their cold war is about to runThe events of Killzone Shadow Fall take place thirty years after the events of Killzone 3. Set in a time of planetary colonization, the game focuses on the conflict between the Vektans and the Helghast, two rival colonist factions inhabiting a remote planet. For 3 decades, both factions have lived side by side, separated by an enormous security wall – but now their cold war is about to run hot. It is up to Lucas Kellan, a member of the military intelligence unit dubbed the Shadow Marshals, to try to protect the fragile peace that exists. A new warrior for a new era of war, Kellan 's missions will range from quiet infiltrations to all-out combat. Lucas will need to be methodical and ready to adapt, as any misstep could lead to mutually assured destruction. Expand
  60. Jan 18, 2014
    Killzone: Shadow Fall is a prime example of the technology the PS4 contains and what games can look like in the next-gen of games we are living in. The plot falls short of the other games in the Killzone series with trying to make up a new premise, like in Halo 4. The gameplay mechanics are done very fluently and add new moves that weren't in past Killzone games. Overall, this isn't theKillzone: Shadow Fall is a prime example of the technology the PS4 contains and what games can look like in the next-gen of games we are living in. The plot falls short of the other games in the Killzone series with trying to make up a new premise, like in Halo 4. The gameplay mechanics are done very fluently and add new moves that weren't in past Killzone games. Overall, this isn't the best Killzone game, but it's not the worst. Expand
  61. Apr 26, 2014
    One of the more disappointing game to launch on the PlayStation 4. Having been a huge fan of the killzone franchise, this one is by far the worse. It's unrecognisable! This shares no resemblance to the previous games. Killzone was a dark, gritty and intense shooter for hardcore players. It wasn't for everyone but for those who loved it, really loved it. It was unique too, especiallyOne of the more disappointing game to launch on the PlayStation 4. Having been a huge fan of the killzone franchise, this one is by far the worse. It's unrecognisable! This shares no resemblance to the previous games. Killzone was a dark, gritty and intense shooter for hardcore players. It wasn't for everyone but for those who loved it, really loved it. It was unique too, especially Killzone 2. This game is trying to become more of a mainstream success and it has failed. The developers should have stuck with the true killzone, the one with little colour and heavy weighting controls. It was far more exciting. It's not a terrible game, Shadowfall, but poor and uninteresting. Expand
  62. Jan 28, 2014
    Overall this game is average at best. The gameplay is pretty generic when it comes to being an FPS. The graphics are a high point for the game, and the AI are not very intelligent. They do basic processes such as get to cover every now and then, and of course they shoot back at you. There are rarely ever any flanking orders, but sometimes you will hear them shouting back and forth commandsOverall this game is average at best. The gameplay is pretty generic when it comes to being an FPS. The graphics are a high point for the game, and the AI are not very intelligent. They do basic processes such as get to cover every now and then, and of course they shoot back at you. There are rarely ever any flanking orders, but sometimes you will hear them shouting back and forth commands to each other that sadly do not actually happen. The story-line is decent but not overly amazing. It will keep you engaged if you are expecting the equivalent of a blockbuster movie, but don't expect anything worth mentioning years from now.

The major flaws of the game are mainly that it's too generic. There is nothing very revolutionary about the game whatsoever other than its visual quality. Many praise this game for being very difficult but all I see is waves upon waves of enemies which will eventually lead to a death or too until you get the hang of the game. Overall this "adjustment" to difficulty is just poor work on the developers part, but it is one way to get more for less so to speak.

Multiplayer is fun but again there isn't much to keep you hooked past maybe a weeks worth of playing unless you only buy a new game once every few months. My final verdict puts this game at something a KillZone fan should buy but not at the sixty dollar price tag. Wait till it goes on sale then grab it. Or rent it from Redbox or something.
  63. Dec 9, 2013
    I've been a Killzone fan since the 2nd game, and that one blew me away. Killzone Shadow Fall however does nothing to push the series forward in terms of both campaign and multiplayer. The campaign is without a doubt one of the worst I've ever played, its so bad that I just can't finish it because it's so dull and repetitive. Multiplayer, while fun at times, doesn't innovate or make theI've been a Killzone fan since the 2nd game, and that one blew me away. Killzone Shadow Fall however does nothing to push the series forward in terms of both campaign and multiplayer. The campaign is without a doubt one of the worst I've ever played, its so bad that I just can't finish it because it's so dull and repetitive. Multiplayer, while fun at times, doesn't innovate or make the series remain fresh and ends up feeling like a generic shooter. This game is said to run at 60 frames per second online, which is not entirely true. Killzone Shadow Fall struggles to even maintain at least 50 frames per second and dropping as low as 30, that is unacceptable. Killzone Shadow Fall isn't a terrible game, but it could have been so much more, it's definitely not a system seller. Expand
  64. Dec 19, 2013
    Its a great game and has better graphics. In comparison, better graphics than Battlefield 4.

What dissapoints me is the lack of co-op and storyline. I hope they will improve them on the next installment
  65. Jan 28, 2014
    The graphics in this game are crazy good. Leaves on bushes move individually, sunlight creates a slight glare on your scope at the right angle, and dust clouds your vision as grenades and bullets hit the walls around you. The campaign is a little slow to start with some of the levels being rather too long, but the multiplayer is amazing. The maps, classes, and abilities create an FPS thatThe graphics in this game are crazy good. Leaves on bushes move individually, sunlight creates a slight glare on your scope at the right angle, and dust clouds your vision as grenades and bullets hit the walls around you. The campaign is a little slow to start with some of the levels being rather too long, but the multiplayer is amazing. The maps, classes, and abilities create an FPS that requires strategy and not just run and gun techniques to win a match. Unfortunately there are some balance issues that need to be sorted out. Expand
  66. Dec 11, 2013
    The game could be great but turned out just mediocre. It has stunning graphics, and amazingly designed sceneries, but what is lacking is any exciting gameplay. I played all previous killzones and prefered their jock-soldier narration much better than what Shadow Fall is trying to acomplish.

The developer went for a story that is just too serious for a game where you fight nazi-communists in space suits. The dark, but semi-humorous and epic tone of the previous parts suited the games much better.

The campaign is very uneven. Parts of it are fine, and fun to explore, while others are plainly boring and/or frustrating. Throughout the game there are places where the dialogues leave you with a vague sense of direction and you're not really sure what you're expected to do some tasks are just unintuitive, and the objectives don't do a good job explaining them.

I really liked the audio logs and comic strips fround troughout the game though finding them was really fun and rewarding.
  67. Nov 16, 2013
    Decent but nothing special really. Standard, immemorable shooter with a nice premise but bad story. The multiplayer is better than the single player but not even that will be remembered for very long. The graphics are very good but with the power of the PS4, games are going to start looking even much better than this.
    Overall, I don't know if it's worth the price. I have a feeling I just
    Overall, I don't know if it's worth the price. I have a feeling I just spent $65.00 on just another Perfect Dark.
  68. May 26, 2014
    It has the greatest visuals yet out of all of the current PS4 games, but it is just feels like another standard first person shooter to me. I love some FPS games but they could have made the game-play more exciting and rewarding somehow...
  69. Dec 24, 2015
    I am a huge Killzone fan and was actually really into the competitive multiplayer scene PS3.

That being said: Shadow Fall is absolutely dreadful. At least the single player is. Franchises should move forward, not backward. No human being could play Killzone 2 or even KZ3 and then play Shadow Fall and deem this one better. I was really sad playing this. I actually talked it up to my girlfriend a lot and then she sat down with me as I started the game and watched the first hour or two... At the time I was trying to cover for it saying things like, "Well, some games start slower babe" etc... Ugh. Needless to say it never got better. I know they were trying to push the exploration concept rather than straight forward gameplay but it was definitely not an improvement. I did complete the game of course but was not impressed.

I played the multiplayer some (maybe 20 or 30 hours even) but I just couldn't get into it like the last couple Killzones. I took it back to Best Buy and the guy told me he had been receiving a LOT of them. I don't like being an outlier when reviewing things and I hate commenting on other reviews but I really feel like anybody who rates this 8 or higher needs to take a step back and play a Killzone game from 10 years ago to see how it compares.
  70. Jan 26, 2014
    Excellent graphics on display but dull, linear missions and run-of-the-mill multi-player make it ultimately unsatisfying. Had to force myself to finish it. Hope to trade it in as soon as a good PS4 game gets released.
  71. Sep 16, 2014
    It is a good game, the best thing of this game is the graphics. It beats every other PS4 game graphics. The story is good, but it gets frustrating and boring. The gameplay is nice, weapons are awesome and the touchpad tools too. Also pvp is not so great, it is an average shooter multiplayer.
  72. Jun 25, 2016
    great graphics
    Enjoyable gun play
    interesting, useful gadgets
    OK story

not enough enemies to shoot!
    stupid, long, boring puzzles

Despite its major flaws, the game manages to be fun for most of its course.
  73. Jan 6, 2015
    A great game marred by the abysmal single player campaign, its such a pity the multiplayer was left undone, imo the best mp shooter since KZ3 the best in the series.

They improved upon all the skills for each classes and created a new dimension of warfare. Also the fantastic customisable game mode which is "non existence" to all mp shooter. during its launch (one month after US in Singapore), i immediately hop on the mp, but to my horror i could not consistently find a proper game with more than half filled with players. i then jump back to BF4 due to the shear amt of players playing.

recently i came back due to the fatigue of destiny, and was disappointed at the unstable connection, drastic lag (+6 sec) dips in every now and then. maybe due to my region. it wasn't this bad for KZ3 which i played a ton.

seriously what a pity...we need a reboot/revamp Killzone as a MP only game!
  74. Mar 29, 2016
    It's a good game but defiantly nothing amazing, lacks a story although it has good action and a good gadget. Not much more i can say about this apart from it's stunning graphics.

pros
    - stunning graphics
    - good shooting mechanics and gadget
    - okay for a ps4 exclusive

Cons
    - fails for a engaging story
    - can seem repetitive
    - only just come out on top in the killzone franchise
  75. Aug 13, 2014
    Pretty much a bog standard shooter with next gen graphics. This is pretty much like any other launch title in history. More of the same from the previous gen but with slight upgrades like full HD etc. The graphics are ok in some places, and wow in others. The game itself is an average shooter that you won't remember. It doesn't have those wow moments and it just pretty average.
  76. Dec 22, 2015
    Not a bad game, not amazing. Campaign was good in parts, but sometimes felt a bit meaningless, and the last mission with the stealth was VERY frustrating. OWL was interesting, but felt more of a gimmick.
  77. Apr 2, 2015
    Sadly, I knew from the opening sequence that this game wasn't going to be very good. I had high expectations that were not only not met but actually dashed to bits. In a nutshell, this game stinks.

First is the environment. Forget the lush visuals of the trailers and promos. at least 80% of the game will be spent in dark rooms, hallways, corridors, outer space, spacecraft, vent shafts and other drab environments. Second, the navigation stinks. The navigation and objective markers are very confusing at times. And that's only when the directional objective marker actually feels like appearing (there were several times I tried to invoke it, only to get a text display of my objective and nothing more). It can be more confusing than helpful at times, especially when it rotates 360 degrees, like when you're in outer space, zero gravity or on a multi-level structure. And some of the mission objectives are just downright confusing. You'll get a vague hint like "assist so and so" but it doesn't tell you that this assistance involves several steps that aren't very intuitive.

The weapons for the most part are decent but there are major shortcomings. For instance, the game loves to put you in rooms full of ammunition and weapons like you're in a candy store but you can only carry a ridiculously small supply. You get one primary weapon, one secondary and a max capacity refill of reach. There are two types of grenades but you can only carry one type at a time. When you're looking at a weapon on the ground, you can see the specs for it but the lame comparison leaves a lot to be desired. Instead of orange and green bars to indicate more or less power, just do a side by side. The worst glitch with the weapons is that some of them will simply refuse stop working and refuse to fire. There is no explanation, no little text message to say "too close to target" an indication that the weapon is empty or anything. Nope, you just sit there pressing R2 like a maniac while getting riddled by the enemy. As if ridiculous cheapness were';t enough, the AI enemies even do little victory dances over your body and take cell phone pics of their kill. So after the game fails on you, it celebrates its failure in tacky fashion.

There are adrenaline packs that you can use during battle. They will restore your health and also give you a temporary slowed down Matrix style "bullet time" boost. It's helpful when facing a few enemies but pretty much useless when needed most, against scores of enemies as you'll encounter in the latter stages of the game. Like the weapons, they also seem to disappear without warning when you need them most. I'll start a new section with a full supply of adrenaline packs but somehow go down and see the message "no adrenaline packs available".

The tactical echo and O.W.L. were the only two things that really stood out about the game and even they had their faults. They are usually excellent tools in your arsenal, especially for helping deal with the darker environments. The tactical echo acts almost like a heat sensor, displaying enemy silhouettes through walls, doors or floors. The O.W.L. is your personal drone that is capable of providing a shield, attacking enemies, disabling enemy shields and hacking computer systems which accomplishes numerous objectives like disabling alarms, opening doors, navigating ships, disabling security systems, etc. Unfortunately, when you use the most useful features like shield and pulse, it quickly drains the O.W.L. and it will end up off in a corner recharging when you really need it. Also, as far as engagement, although it occasionally kills enemies, (more in the beginning than latter stages), by the last few chapters of the game, it amounts to little more than a distraction and hacking device. 99% of the enemies will need to be dispatched by you.

All in all, I played the game only because I paid for it. I can wholeheartedly say if this were offered free as a PS-Plus game of the month or some other deal, I likely would have deleted it by now. I would not buy the game again if given the chance all over again, but everyone has different tastes. My advice is to watch a couple play through videos online just to get a grasp of the environment you'll actually be playing in versus the much prettier environments shown in the ads. Might not hurt to rent it first as well, if you're able to do so. Otherwise, grab it in a bargain bin as cheap as possible or wait to see if Sony offers it as a free PS plus game (highly likely in the near future) if you simply must have it.

However, if frequently getting lost in dark environments with malfunctioning weapons and vague directives while having enemies twerk over your body and take cell phone pics after a ridiculously cheap kill seems like fun, then dive on in. This is the game for you!
  78. Mar 10, 2014
    This was my first time playing a killzone game and I liked the game, it had some fun parts however there were some sections that frustrated the hell out of me like the skydiving section. In some sections you will be saying "Please don't die." Overall it's a fun game that is a good addition to your ps4 library.
  79. Dec 13, 2013
    Story: 4/10 Lackluster story. Minimal character progression with main character.

Graphics 10/10 Best graphics on next-gen right now. The sky looks incredible. Sound: 8/10 Especially like how the sound comes from the controller when you pick up audio logs. Gameplay: 7/10 Just a straight forward shooter. Owl mechanics seem a bit forced upon. Kind of a pointless gimmick. Rather have

Graphics 10/10 Best graphics on next-gen right now. The sky looks incredible.

Gameplay: 7/10 Just a straight forward shooter. Owl mechanics seem a bit forced upon. Kind of a pointless gimmick. Rather have cloak than Owl. Minimal guns and minimal enemies types. No character progression like many shooters have these days. Some sections of the level can be confusing. Multiplayer is lackluster and gets boring quickly.
  80. Nov 15, 2013
    I honestly found the game to be mediocre at best. The Graphics are quite incredible, some of the best I've ever seen, but the way the game plays just feels so... average. The gameplay is what counts in the long run and I feel like this game comes in short in this aspect. It's fun for the first hour and a bit, but after a while running around blasting and knifing gets seriouslyI honestly found the game to be mediocre at best. The Graphics are quite incredible, some of the best I've ever seen, but the way the game plays just feels so... average. The gameplay is what counts in the long run and I feel like this game comes in short in this aspect. It's fun for the first hour and a bit, but after a while running around blasting and knifing gets seriously repetitive. The game also lacks a certain precision, making multiplayer feel like whoever gets the jump, gets the kill. Play this one at a friends house, but you should wait to see what other developers like naughty dog have up their sleeve. Expand
  81. Mar 25, 2014
    Crap story its predictable go here do this oh wait we can't for some reason please retrace your steps no that's stupid! Only decent thing is the multiplayer but its far from a bf4 more like cod with lasers ill be trading mine in today.
  82. Jan 31, 2014
    1st of all, this game is much harder to control than KZ3. Not sure if that's because of the PS4 controller (Analog handle is shorter which makes the fine adjustment nearly impossible).

2nd, the single player game is a big fking mess. It was good.. till you reach chapter 7 and 8. Those two chapters are horrible. Yes, I mean it, the designs are HORRIBLE. The fight at the end of chapter 7 is way too fking hard, even at normal I died like10 times. Also the gliding control at the beginning of chapter 8 sucks a*s, n took me several deathes to figure out how to glide. You guys think it's innovative heh? Hell* no, it's anti-intuitive!

I haven't play the multiplayer yet, but unless it whoas me, the score for this game will remain 5/10. But hey, why should I play the multiplayer with the lame controls when I have the nearly the whole BF series (from 2 to 4) available on my PC?
  83. Apr 6, 2014
    Having a hard time deciding between a 5 and a 6 for this game...

Having a hard time deciding between a 5 and a 6 for this game...

The gameplay was incredibly frustrating. There was very little to offer that was unique, other than the last mission which was a very nice change of pace. The story was interesting, but not enough to keep me interested for a long play session or for playing once more than every other day. The multiplayer felt too clunky for me to enjoy, but that's more on personal preference. The graphics were incredible, but what matters for interactive media is the interactivity, so the gameplay is what really matters here, and it is not up to par with what it should be.

I'll go with a 6.
  84. Dec 1, 2015
    The game is absolutely gorgeous not doubt it! You wanna is stop and looking around in each mission the environment is amazing, the reply value is good, the guns absolutely my favorites this game is a masterpiece of FPS but I won't give this game high rating because doesn't deserve it and I will explained the game has a horrible storyline in this game disappointed, bored and anoying with aThe game is absolutely gorgeous not doubt it! You wanna is stop and looking around in each mission the environment is amazing, the reply value is good, the guns absolutely my favorites this game is a masterpiece of FPS but I won't give this game high rating because doesn't deserve it and I will explained the game has a horrible storyline in this game disappointed, bored and anoying with a main character no one will remember him. Was a wasted of a good material here thought! This game could be won many game awards but the story really screw up everything! The game can be repeated so anoying sometimes you can just hide and wait other do your job. The final is sad in terms of boring how horrible ending...This game will be disappoint the fans of Killzone. For new gamers will be alright for some time. Hope the next Killzone will be better and a consistent storyline. Expand
  85. May 28, 2015
    Killzone Shadow Fall is a good game. It has fun shooting, diversity with puzzles and environments, amazing artwork and good level design. The Owl defense drone allows for tactical gameplay as well.

The story, however, is below average and characters outside of Echo aren't interesting. Echo is a good character, though. The UI is a mess, and gunplay, while solid, could be a little tighter.

A good game overall definitely worth 10-15 hours of fun.
  86. Jun 8, 2014
    This review will come from a ones killzone lover, ps2 and ps3 games were amazing, the stories were mind driven, and great graphics.

Shadow Fall ones however failed to impress. With a story that makes no sense, and no connection to previous games of the franchise (or pretty bad ones) it was a deal breaker for me. Amazing graphics? check, facial expressions? check, balanced

Shadow Fall ones however failed to impress.

Amazing graphics? check, facial expressions? check, balanced multiplayer? not really.
    Story that makes sense? nope.

[multiplayer]
    Even the season pass wont be worth 20 bucks, the updates are slow, the balance fixes are slow, and the devs aint seem to be that active at talking to fans about the game.

2/10 - The E3 trails looked better the the final project, such a shame..
  87. Jan 9, 2014
    No sense of direction, easy to get lost,. Also, the game handles darkness badly. Together, these two factors make it really frustrating. Also some out of place zero gravity sections, which feel weird. Stealth is messed up. Worst game in the Killzone series. Wanted to love it.
  88. Apr 5, 2016
    Очень красивая, но однообразная в плане геймплея игра. Искусственный интелект противников отвратителен, а мультиплеерная часть значительно уступает конкурентам.
  89. Jan 3, 2014
    I never played any of the other killzones, so my review will not have anything to do with the story. the game over all is great. It fully exploits the power of the new PS4 system and it doesnt try to hide it. There are so many cutscenes where people get right up in your face and you can see every detail in full hd at 60FPS. The city is beautiful with all of its ships and shiny buildings.I never played any of the other killzones, so my review will not have anything to do with the story. the game over all is great. It fully exploits the power of the new PS4 system and it doesnt try to hide it. There are so many cutscenes where people get right up in your face and you can see every detail in full hd at 60FPS. The city is beautiful with all of its ships and shiny buildings. The AI are smart and will kill you if you treat this like a traditional first person shooter. the combat is great. the runs all look amazing although some look and feel to similar for my taste, There is also not much variety in the guns. Your character has a drone with some abilities that you will only ever need to use once. There is only one real boss fight and it is just decent. Its tough at first but I was still able to beat it in one try.

The campaign isnt perfect. like i said they take what chances they get into showing off the graphics and the power of the console. but in doing so they took focus off some of the missions. there is one mission where you and a few other soldiers are fighting off waves of enemies untill someone can get a ship prepared for your escape. well You really dont have to do much defending, there are weapons layed out that are pretty over powered and the enemies dont exactly do any hardcore rushing, sure there are some that do it but they are easy to pick off. There's actually an area that you can sit where the enemies will sit around you, shoot at you, but they wont hit you or advance at you. that level wasn't to thrilling. The AI is smart usually but in that mission they decided to derp out.

I was almost disappointed with the ending, until one other thing happened. No spoilers but you will be pleasantly surprised with the final part

Now for multiplayer. I have one way of summing it up. It felt like crisis. That's about it. if you like crisis you like this game. I was kinda hoping for something that felt completely different. you dont earn any of the guns, you just earn gear for them. then your gear slots for drones and deployable turrets and other stuff has everything unlocked as well. but you can level up the gear. The class with the LMG's are over powered imo because you get a giant attack drone that will demolish an unsuspecting team, AND YOU DON'T HAVE TO EARN IT! I literally wait for the enemy team to come out of there spawn and have my drone placed at their spawn. they get destroyed every time.

Overall I really enjoyed the game, but future games will need some improvement. the graphics are great, but lets get some gameplay that knocks the competition out.
  90. Jan 3, 2014
    The game is nice, but greatness was possible and was missed. Wonderful sci-fi environment. Good standard FPS elements (weapons, gadgets, etc.). Nice to have multiples choices sometimes on how to achieve a mission (go stealth, go brutal, etc,). I did not enjoy the flow of the game, always pushing the scenario heavily through, and the scenario been a little too corridor for me.
    Adding open
    Adding open world to the game would have been amazing. Amazing!
    Adding a minimal sci-fi crafting system would have been great as well.
    Adding a weapon, armor, gadget upgrades and stores would have been appreciated.
  91. Jan 16, 2014
    Kill Zone Shadow Fall, first off this game dose not feel like a KillZone game making the game brighter change the whole feel of it. Yeah the graphics look very pretty but this is next gen do you expect to play games that don't look good? The missions Feel boring and many times you get lost because the objective marker is not clear on what to do or where to go. Overall this game feels likeKill Zone Shadow Fall, first off this game dose not feel like a KillZone game making the game brighter change the whole feel of it. Yeah the graphics look very pretty but this is next gen do you expect to play games that don't look good? The missions Feel boring and many times you get lost because the objective marker is not clear on what to do or where to go. Overall this game feels like a knock off to the pervious KillZone games if you haven't played KillZone 1 thru 3 then You wouldn't mind this game and probably give it an 8 but me a "KillZone fan" this feels like a smack. Also with out giving away any spoilers the story is very cheesy and in the end makes you think why did the writers do this. I really like Sony because of their exclusive games but I truly believe they ruin the series with this and killed it for me. Expand
  92. Mar 24, 2014
    Killzone Shadow Fall deserves less, Guerrilla and Sony tried to hide its real resolution and frame drops with false marketing and trying to focus the attention on its awful lightning.
  93. Sep 24, 2014
    This game has really, really, REALLY good graphics, and is the perfect game to show off the power of the PS4. But I found the gameplay to be just alright. The story mode was just meh. I didn't really understand what was going on half the time, in one part the Helghans invaded the Vectan city but how or why they invaded was not well explained. I also didn't understand the protagonists CO'sThis game has really, really, REALLY good graphics, and is the perfect game to show off the power of the PS4. But I found the gameplay to be just alright. The story mode was just meh. I didn't really understand what was going on half the time, in one part the Helghans invaded the Vectan city but how or why they invaded was not well explained. I also didn't understand the protagonists CO's intentions. What was he trying to gain by torturing the Helghans. The whole story was all over the place. Online was also just okay the maps really were pretty , but also pretty boring to play in. i basically got this game just to show my friends the potential of the PS4. Expand
  94. Jan 11, 2014
    It's just a tech demo, nothing less and nothing more. If you want a better Killzone play the original trilogy or Mercenary on the Vita. This is a sorry excuse for a Killzone game.
  95. Jun 25, 2014
    First off i'm a huge Killzone fan I own and still play most of the titles don't own a psp or vita so know nothing about them.
    The secondary fire is back thrilled about that was pissed 2 and 3 didn't have them.
    The graphic are stunning. But the story is weak really weak. And there are some punishing difficulty spikes in parts of this game. I'd wait for a price drop if your going to get
    The graphic are stunning.
    But the story is weak really weak.
    And there are some punishing difficulty spikes in parts of this game.
    I'd wait for a price drop if your going to get this game.
  96. Nov 26, 2013
    It is a gorgeous game. After the newness of the beauty wore off I realized I was bored. What really sticks out for me is that Killzone is not a series I enjoy. It is not a bad game, plays well, but after few hours I wanted to move onto another game. The game has more things going against it than for it in my opinion. The guns don't appeal to me, the story is poor and more confusing thanIt is a gorgeous game. After the newness of the beauty wore off I realized I was bored. What really sticks out for me is that Killzone is not a series I enjoy. It is not a bad game, plays well, but after few hours I wanted to move onto another game. The game has more things going against it than for it in my opinion. The guns don't appeal to me, the story is poor and more confusing than it should be, but if you play it for the multiplayer you will find more fun to be had there. I suppose if you really love the series, you will really enjoy the game. If you found the other titles a bit boring, repetitive, than move along. Expand
  97. Dec 18, 2013
    This game has some really cool mechanics but the story is pretty much garbage and the campaign gets really boring fast. I found myself just wishing the mission would end. That's not a good thing. But I was really impressed with the multiplayer. It turned out to be actually be really fun!
  98. Nov 25, 2013
    I thought past killzone games was fairly mediocre first person shooters good for 24 hour rentals. the good news is Killzone on ps4 is not as mind numbingly boring as the first game on ps1. the bad news it is about as interesting as killzone 2 and 3 and those games was not that interesting.

It is the same gameplay as killzone 3. only in far less interesting setup of bad guys that run at you in very dumb fashion much like in the stupid AI of quake 2 on the pc. The game does not do that much to keep it fresh.; Other than the new glitzy future type enviroments I dont see much here that is updated and it seems there is less of it.

Also this game does not look that great cysis 3 on PC looks much more impressive than this and so does battlefield 4 4 to say I am underwhelmed by how this game looks is an understatement.
  99. Dec 30, 2013
    Graphics are this games best seller. Story is soso. Not really compelling. It is the same old story of oppression and terrorism. At every checkpoint, you are placed under fire where you have to take shots while looking for cover. Every new chapter you start with the weapon you can't ever swap out and a pistol. Things spawn out of nowhere as soon as you turn your back. You findGraphics are this games best seller. Story is soso. Not really compelling. It is the same old story of oppression and terrorism. At every checkpoint, you are placed under fire where you have to take shots while looking for cover. Every new chapter you start with the weapon you can't ever swap out and a pistol. Things spawn out of nowhere as soon as you turn your back. You find yourself using the "OWL" to do a good portion of the killing to avoid having to go into the many situations where you are grossly outnumbered with no cover.

Online is the same old same. Its just different guns and different maps. Depends what you like. You get a pistol and a long gun(Rifle, machine gun etc) and grenades. Modes are typical CTF, Deathmatch etc). I don't care for most PVP. It is still better than COD or Battlefield IMO. I am hoping the co-op coming out will be fun. co-op online is what made borderlands 1&2 fun for me.
  100. Dec 30, 2013
    Firstly it has to be noted that Killzone Shadow Fall is obscenely pretty, containing a graphical fidelity that is fitting for next generation and experimenting with new environments and close attention to detail. Make no mistakes the vistas are stunning and at first glance the game will take your breath away but unfortunately this effect doesn't last.

Firstly the parallel with history

Firstly the parallel with history continues, from the obvious Nazi/WW2 undertones of one through three this time a cold war scenario has arisen with the Helghan on one side of an enormous wall and the Vektans on the other both supposedly at peace whilst running covert ops that appear to be the least covert in all of history considering the amount captured people, botched operations and indeed the player themselves being captured comes into play. The story dismisses this potentially interesting concept in favour of recreating another standard unremarkable plot of FPS staple based around some nondescript terrorist group who have decided to cause trouble because reasons.

The plot is at best unremarkable leaving no considerable impact even when it sets itself up to do so, threating mass catastrophe or death with a mission that despite the Shadow Marshals, that is the Vektan Black Ops, apparent multiple membership only the player character can be sent to do anything and as such it throws away the subtexts and smaller pieces in favour of pushing the ham fisted main storyline forwards in an absolutely nonsensical way particularly given from cutscenes alone if logic was applied the player should be dead several times over. The actual main plot is not enough to hold attention with several blaring gaps such as an early mission [*SPOILERS*] where trains are turned into mobile missiles and the Vektans lose control of the system but do not simply use the emergency stop to cut off electricity leaving them useless rather shovelling the player into obviously deliberate level design [*END SPOILERS*]

Worse the human element of the story disintegrates as the player is thrust into the role of an elite soldier who can take on entire battalions alone, defeat impossible odds etc and it all gives the game an inconsistent tone as one minute there is mass remonstration about the horrors of the Helghast and the atrocities of the continuing war then the game thrusts you into a fantastical situation demanding you defy all odds to save everyone. Its a very detached experience and the AI doesn't help one bit being very short on brains or programming as your allies refuse to move up unless you hit a trigger point twenty feet ahead of the logical regroup point or throw yourself headlong into enemy bullets for several minutes and in the few occasions you have help you almost wish you didn't.

Having said that the gunplay is weighty and the balancing feels spot on, they're not so heavy as in two nor are they as floaty as three and guerrilla must be commended for finding this balance. The levels compliment such gunplay being multi-dimensional and allowing multiple approaches across various floors and areas is a lot of fun only this gets removed in favour of linear corridors later on and there are still the unnecessary sequences which will frustrate turning into trial and error repeats of ill thought out areas. Largely however the level design is excellent and when combined with the gunplay extremely gratifying although enemies in wider areas respawn quicker than you can find ammo to remove them making it annoying when you clear an area for a flanking manoeuvre, have to run from a grenade, come back and everyone is alive once more.

The game certainly attempts some innovation such as the OWL companion, a standard roster of appropriately textured and excellent sounding space age weapons but refuses to go anywhere with what it innovates being unsure of the power of next gen as of yet which is to be expected but it still leaves the elements feeling a bit too empty particularly when they're coupled with a total lack of guidance. Normally games lead you by the hand to an excruciating degree, but Killzone does the opposite with so much beauty on screen it's nearly impossible in some cases to work out where it is you're supposed to be going.

There are also some RPG elements such as audio diaries and the like which add a nice overall tone and make the world seem more alive and draw you in with optional exposition to support the events around you in an attempt to connect them or to provide more information than the cutscenes alone and any such collectibles are welcome whatever the game may be undeniably adding to the experience.

Ultimately killzone is a solid and graphically beautiful FPS that has some minor innovation but a bog standard plot, forgettable characters and whilst a solid level design that for the most part is different and fun a lack of appreciation of its own depth in this respect at points. It is not by any means bad simply not the huge leap to next gen some may wish for.

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Feb 13, 2014
    A very good and varied multiplayer FPS. Some things, like the big attack/defend scenarios, were better on Killzone 3. [Jan 2014]
  2. Jan 22, 2014
    In attempting to juggle so many balls at once, it simply loses control and bats them all over the place in a crazed, lurching frenzy as it tries to stop the whole thing from falling apart.
  3. Jan 15, 2014
    Whatever the reason was for making Shadow Fall in the first place, the result is a mixture of bland, annoying and weird.