Knack PlayStation 4

• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Nov 15, 2013
6.5

1. Nov 15, 2013
    One of the first games I picked up at launch. Slow to start but once it starts you really start to enjoy seeing the character's. It has Its humor. Best part is its children friendly so I do not have to worry about any blood and gore. It reminds me of a old school crash game, but with the Graphics of the ps4. Great buy for the whole family. Best of all two kids or more? It has co-op. endsOne of the first games I picked up at launch. Slow to start but once it starts you really start to enjoy seeing the character's. It has Its humor. Best part is its children friendly so I do not have to worry about any blood and gore. It reminds me of a old school crash game, but with the Graphics of the ps4. Great buy for the whole family. Best of all two kids or more? It has co-op. ends the fighting over who plays first. Expand
  2. Nov 15, 2013
    Knack is not here to break ground. It is not here to blow your mind, or win game of the year. It is not here to be critically acclaimed or sell 10 million copes.

It is here to do one thing, to let you have fun. Not bogged down by complicated plots, combat upgrades, blah blah blah. Its beauty is in its simplicity, and with that being said this game is damn beautiful. It will challenge

It is here to do one thing, to let you have fun.

Not bogged down by complicated plots, combat upgrades, blah blah blah. Its beauty is in its simplicity, and with that being said this game is damn beautiful. It will challenge you veterans and entertain the beginners. It has some real difficulty woven into its fabric but it never becomes frustrating, it also always down to the players mistakes, I never felt robbed or betrayed by the games mechanics.

This is old school platform gaming, revived into a new generation, it is ridiculous amounts of fun. Do not be put off by the reviews who did not understand the wave this game chose to ride, just ride along side it and enjoy yourself in the process.

Game on.
  3. Nov 15, 2013
    This game is a must buy for people who love games like Mario, Jak, Banjo-Kazooie and Ratchet and clank.

Gameplay: Solid, simple, responsive and smooth.It has simple and uncomplicated controls to introduce children to console-based gaming. the game is around 10 hours on normal difficulty. You can upgrade Knack’s abilities and sizes.different materials and elements, which supplement Knack’s health and size. Example crystal for stealth ability, Ice and wood.

Graphics: The graphics are gorgeous, pixel art like. Very colorful and vivid scenery. The physics are awesome, Knack's body is composed of individually rendered relics and you can see each piece connecting.

Multiplayer: 2-Player Coop Multiplayer and i have to says its extremely FUN in coop!

I gave this game a 10/10 because i like it and im having a blast playing coop with my kid.
  4. Dec 10, 2013
    Knack really surprised me this is a really fun and addictive game. The moment I started playing knack I was completely hooked this is really an incredible game. Why knack got so many mixed reviews is beyond me. Knack is a fun and adorable gaming experience
  5. Nov 18, 2013
    This game is great, it delivers on what it intends to bring to us. Find myself wanting to play it constantly! Simple control scheme is easy to pick up, but not easy to master. You will die, but they put in plenty of checkpoints so you don't lose too much progress. Must have for platforming fans, or fans of old school gaming. Not disappointed in my purchase
  6. Nov 16, 2013
    This is a really fun game if you grew up in the PS2/N64/PS1 Era and really love 3D platformers. Don't just go by the critic reviews it is very under rated! It is really fun and reminds me a lot of crash. If you can and you love 3D platformers of years past this will be a great game for you! My score would be about a 8.5-8.7 so i rounded up to a 9. Hope for another knack or something like it!
  7. Nov 19, 2013
    Knack is simple but fun and challenging. I understand why critics are giving it low scores because yes, compared to Spyro or Mario it is not an amazing platformer and the developers definitely missed a lot of opportunities with the concept of growing or shrinking Knack. I almost didn't buy it after seeing the critic reviews but I am glad I did. Not worth $60 but definitely buy it once youKnack is simple but fun and challenging. I understand why critics are giving it low scores because yes, compared to Spyro or Mario it is not an amazing platformer and the developers definitely missed a lot of opportunities with the concept of growing or shrinking Knack. I almost didn't buy it after seeing the critic reviews but I am glad I did. Not worth $60 but definitely buy it once you can get it used for $40 and you will not regret it. Expand
  8. Nov 21, 2013
    This is fricking GOOD game MUST HAVE for truly Playstation fans anyone who say this game s*ck maybe you need to check your eyes this game like Playstation 1 LEGEND Crash Bandicoot!
  9. Nov 21, 2013
    Knack is your typical launch game with a twist. The goal here was to have a game which can show off the technical prowess of the PS4 but also give a game that is easily played by the entire family. In most ways they have succeeded as Knack is a blast to play solo and co-op. Most people complain the game is a bore, which may be the case if played on the lower difficulties. If you are anKnack is your typical launch game with a twist. The goal here was to have a game which can show off the technical prowess of the PS4 but also give a game that is easily played by the entire family. In most ways they have succeeded as Knack is a blast to play solo and co-op. Most people complain the game is a bore, which may be the case if played on the lower difficulties. If you are an experienced gamer, the only difficulty choice should be Hard. This game is then challenging and the enemy variety keeps you on your toes throughout the 10 hour campaign mode.

Playing co-op brings a lot of fun to the living room and this is made even more enjoyable if you have a PS Vita in the home as well. Using the Vita you can have off screen co-op play, allowing each user to have their own personal screen. This has been a great way for my son and I to play this game together.

Another great feature which is not getting enough talk is the ability to search for treasures in the game which can be made into items to help Knack along in his journey. While this would be normal on any other system, the PS4 allows a level of social integration in that you will see items picked up by friends playing the game as well. You can then chose to take the item you found, or the item your friend found.

All in all Knack is a wonderful game that plays on that retro platforming charm, allows for a great co-op experience, and introduces a few new tricks to a tired and true genre. This game is well worth picking up for your PS4 regardless of what the professional reviewers say.
  10. Dec 3, 2013
    In spite of mixed reviews, I can recommend this game as a platformer with some great ideas but without a steep learning curve. The game is manageable on Normal difficulty but requires an occasional change in strategy to match different enemies. Just the right level of difficulty versus flow for anyone but the most skillful platform gamers. Knack is a likable character and the particleIn spite of mixed reviews, I can recommend this game as a platformer with some great ideas but without a steep learning curve. The game is manageable on Normal difficulty but requires an occasional change in strategy to match different enemies. Just the right level of difficulty versus flow for anyone but the most skillful platform gamers. Knack is a likable character and the particle effects around his body are amazing, the only proof of "next generation" in here with cut scenes being mostly "last generation" stuff. As a family game it is great, my kids enjoy playing as a side-kick or just watching and cheering. A lot of fun for a "casual platform gamer". Next I will use my unlocked skills and attempt a hard playthrough. Expand
  11. Dec 1, 2013
    I was looking forward to this a lot. When the reviews came out, i decided that it couldn't be any good. Having been repeatedly hassled by the kids, I gave in and bought it anyway.

Very glad I did yes it can get a bit repetitive after a few hours but it's still great fun, looks beautiful, and is a pleasure for all the family (not many games you can say that about at this stage in the PS4's lifetime).

Shocked by the 55 metacritic score I've given it a 10 to try and help balance out the low review scores in reality it's a 7-7.5 game I'd say.
  12. Dec 8, 2013
    This game is incredible and fun. I give game play a 10, it's easy and fun. Simple for kids to play but challenge enough for adults. Graphics is also a 10. Story is great and will keep you there. The only down fall I give this game is that at times it get repetitive. But this game is worth every penny and it's fu
  13. Dec 9, 2013
    A platformer that tries to be different by not being a button-masher. Trying to button-mash in this game results in a quick defeat. The game requires you to first dodge and then attack. It's the gamer's own impatience that ruins the gameplay.
    Visually the game reminds me of the Astroboy CGI.
  14. Dec 1, 2015
    Here comes the money!!!!!! Sadly, knack would only go on to sell 3 copies because it was the worst game ever made. Easily deserves 5 out of 5 dunks. Thank you everyone goodnight!
  15. Nov 16, 2013
    Fun platformer. Not overly difficult for young players. Simple mechanics that allow for a low barrier of entry. The story line needs a bit of improvement but my kids don't seem to care. This is their go to game. Difficult setting proves more of a challenge for experienced gamers.
    Visually Knack delivers. Pixar quality animation with a strong, early showing of what the nextgen can do. This is just the beginning and as developers have more time to explore the hardware I'm sure we will see some real innovation come about. For now., Knack is a pleasing addition to my game library.
  16. Nov 16, 2013
    A simple yet fun beat-em-up with a cast of memorable characters and dazzling visual design. Playing on normal or hard can provide a challenge to those who grew up on Mark Cerny's other titles like Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon. Not groundbreaking, but it is fun, and when it comes to games, that's all you need.
  17. Nov 17, 2013
    Knack is a pleasant, but safe, introduction to the next gen. The game feels like a mix between Crash Bandicoot platforming and God of War brawling, with a little twist of Pixar character development.

The game can be difficult at times, but not unfair. You're only ever 3 or 4 hits away from death, but the enemy attacks are easy to learn and avoid. There are many secrets to find in the game but there is little challenge in finding any of them, as breakable barriers are made ridiculous easy to see. The plot can be a bit cliche at times but is still charming. The 'growing larger' mechanic is cool to watch, but it is a bit gimmicky as the only purpose of it is to move you through the levels as it has little impact on actual gameplay.

All in all, Knack is a pleasant and challenging platformer, but also a safe one. There is little innovation and it follows the rules a bit too closely.
  18. Nov 15, 2013
    I was sold when I heard Cerny was working on it. He is up there with Miyamoto in the platforming genre. He knows how to make a platformer solid, and Knack is the perfect example. It's a straightforward action-platformer that is as solid as a diamond. I hear a lot of people complaining about graphics. These people are the lowest common denominator. They base their next-gen purchases on howI was sold when I heard Cerny was working on it. He is up there with Miyamoto in the platforming genre. He knows how to make a platformer solid, and Knack is the perfect example. It's a straightforward action-platformer that is as solid as a diamond. I hear a lot of people complaining about graphics. These people are the lowest common denominator. They base their next-gen purchases on how many "graphics" are in the game. IDIOTS! They make me want to puke. Don't they know they can buy a $5,000 PC and never worry about graphics for the nest 10 years. Buying a new console is about about new experiences. Knack is a new IP that utilizes old-school ideals, and it does that better than most games in existence. Solid gameplay and fun all that matters and this game has both in spades. Expand
  19. Nov 16, 2013
    There is certainly room for improvement, but for newcomers and kids it's a brilliant game to start with. The graphics are very nice and fits well with the style of game, the co-op mode on offer is a great addition, especially with the lack of co-op games available this gen.

Only downsides were that the story felt somewhat dull, yet could understand how kids would of enjoyed it instead. The combat is clearly repetitive for the aim to help new players so returning to my initial point; for newcomers and kids it is a great game to start with this generation of consoles.
  20. Nov 16, 2013
    If you are in any way at all a fan of Ratchet and Clank (R&C) or Jak and Daxter then this is easily a must play. So much fun and very easy to pick up and play. Just like R&C, destroy a few objects and kill a few enemies and move on. The simplicity with beautiful graphics and gameplay that truely is a blast at all levels. The critics have gotten this one wrong as it is definitely a 10/10.If you are in any way at all a fan of Ratchet and Clank (R&C) or Jak and Daxter then this is easily a must play. So much fun and very easy to pick up and play. Just like R&C, destroy a few objects and kill a few enemies and move on. The simplicity with beautiful graphics and gameplay that truely is a blast at all levels. The critics have gotten this one wrong as it is definitely a 10/10. Not all games have to require use of every button on the controller with mind numbing hand/eye coordination to be an amazing accomplishment. This is a fine example of that. Expand
  21. Nov 17, 2013
    Critics have been way to harsh on what is an excellent console release game. This game has a campy story with lots of fun collectibles and some very challenging difficulty levels. It may not be a PS4 Mario but it sure isn't a bad game on its on. Great addition to a library for people who enjoy games.
  22. Nov 19, 2013
    If you love classic platformers then this game is for you. You're given a simple set of abilities with rock solid controls and asked to break stuff for no other reason than to win. Take Crash Bandicoot and remake it for the PS4, and you basically have this game. The challenge is in the level design and the enemies positioning, not in the players abilities to master complicated combos,If you love classic platformers then this game is for you. You're given a simple set of abilities with rock solid controls and asked to break stuff for no other reason than to win. Take Crash Bandicoot and remake it for the PS4, and you basically have this game. The challenge is in the level design and the enemies positioning, not in the players abilities to master complicated combos, counter attacks, or an overwhelming stock of weapons, gadgets, or abilities.... you just play! It's got something video games have lost in the last decade and I am happy it has returned. Expand
  23. Dec 11, 2013
    So much hate on this wonderful game. Knack is an awesome experience on the PS4. The pixar quality cut scenes are incredible to watch. The in game textures of rock, metal, ice, glass, etc are total next generation for the PS4.

The controls are tight and responsive and the difficulty can be anywhere from easy to very hard. There is plenty to collect and offers a high replay value. the

the scale of Knack from small to large is absolutely a must experience. Also there is a wide array of enemies to battle and some light platforming mixed in.

Don't listen to the professional reviews because this isn't a FPS with dirty real graphic doesn't mean it's a bad game. Shame on them.
  24. Dec 3, 2013
    Knack is a charming game that takes you back to a simpler time in gameing. In a time period when photo-realistic styled games with more accessories than neccissary, muddy stories and overproduction rule the world; Knack becomes a breath of fresh air with its simple structure. Knack is a game for those who prefer quality more than quantity. Its nostalgic and fun. Knack shows us that theirKnack is a charming game that takes you back to a simpler time in gameing. In a time period when photo-realistic styled games with more accessories than neccissary, muddy stories and overproduction rule the world; Knack becomes a breath of fresh air with its simple structure. Knack is a game for those who prefer quality more than quantity. Its nostalgic and fun. Knack shows us that their is more to the PS4 than just shooters. This is the greatest that no one likes. Expand
  25. Nov 16, 2013
    I have been having a blast with this game. Played coop with a friend for hours! I don't understand how so many people about for a crash bandicoot game yet, dislike this game. It plays almost exactly like it.
  26. Nov 17, 2013
    Knack is a charmer,at first i was skeptical and pessimistic of this game but this game wowed me!!!!!So gr8 for all ages and addictive,buy it u won'st regret it I promise!
  27. Nov 17, 2013
    Knack is simply my most played game on my PS4 right now. This game is not supposed to be forcibly played in bulk sessions, but in more bit-sized, easy to chew chunks. If not, this game can become overly frustrating and too challenging. There isn't much to the story, but at any point was I expecting a The Last of Us, Heavy Rain, or Uncharted type narrative? No. I wanted a game, a game toKnack is simply my most played game on my PS4 right now. This game is not supposed to be forcibly played in bulk sessions, but in more bit-sized, easy to chew chunks. If not, this game can become overly frustrating and too challenging. There isn't much to the story, but at any point was I expecting a The Last of Us, Heavy Rain, or Uncharted type narrative? No. I wanted a game, a game to take me back to the times of Crash Bandicoot and this does exactly that. If you enjoy games then this is definitely worth checking out. This game has proven to me just how wrong reviewers can truly be. Thank you for reading! Expand
  28. Nov 19, 2013
    Its amazing how jaded and FPS obsessed that modern gaming culture has become. Don't listen to the equally dysfuctional gaming press that feel that the only enjoyment in games is a cross-hair, followed by exploding heads and bodies in their sad fantasies as war heroes. Did the gaming press actually put the game into the hands of a child, perhaps those impressions would have eased theirIts amazing how jaded and FPS obsessed that modern gaming culture has become. Don't listen to the equally dysfuctional gaming press that feel that the only enjoyment in games is a cross-hair, followed by exploding heads and bodies in their sad fantasies as war heroes. Did the gaming press actually put the game into the hands of a child, perhaps those impressions would have eased their toxic indulged arrogance as so called gaming pros. It disgusts me how with violent invasive parodies on our culture like GTA5 is so loved, and yet gaming innocence has died. If given patience and gaming skill, Knack is a wonderfull throwback to when games could be simple in gaming mechanics and yet provide fun enjoyment to families and children.What Crash and Spiro had better stories and more involved combat Dont listen to them Mark, I have your back with Knack. Expand
  29. Nov 22, 2013
    Knack is a action platformer in the same vain as Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, Crash Bandicoot, and Sly Cooper. It is single player, or you can play co op locally with someone else as well!

Gameplay: While the combat is not quite as complex as those listed (there is a single punch button, and a super move button with an option for 3 special attacks), that does not mean that this

Gameplay:
    While the combat is not quite as complex as those listed (there is a single punch button, and a super move button with an option for 3 special attacks), that does not mean that this game is simple. The best way to describe the experience of Knack is that it is easy to learn, difficult to master. Using the right joystick, the player is able to quickly dodge, in whatever direction they tilt the stick.

Story:
    The story is a nice and simple tale of needing to stop the bad guy, and save the world. It is nothing to write home about, and this is where knack is the weakest. The story could stand to be a bit more complex, and the characters could be developed more, but it still is far from being horrid and intolerable.

Difficulty:
    Don't let the appearance of this game fool you. This game is challenging! The challenge comes from the make up of the groups of enemies it pits you up against. You have to really have to pay attention and
    dodge accordingly. You will die a lot if you rely on an all out offensive strategy. There are 4 different difficulty levels, with the last one locked until you beat the game on hard.

Extras:
    There are tons of hidden items to collect. If you are able to find all the parts of various gadgets, you will build items that will give Knack abilities, like being able to detect health objects, or increase your strength the longer you go without taking damage. There are also special crystal items you can find, that once you collect enough, you unlock special versions of Knack that will give you special attributes like boosted strength or defense, in future playthroughs.

Final Thoughts:
    This is by far my favorite of the launch games I got with my ps4. It is a fun game that pulls a lot from past action platformers. While there are certainly things that I would like to see improved or tweaked, it was an incredibly fun adventure to go on with my new system. I hope that this is the start of another wonderful and enjoyable franchise for Sony and the Playstation 4.
  30. Dec 1, 2013
    This game have the power to take me to my childhood, buy this game play this game and love it, Playstatin 4 born whit the next Crash and is name is Knack
  31. Dec 10, 2013
    I'm another one of those who was glad he ignored the critic reviews and bought the game anyway. I'll agree with the comments that the size of knack is very controlled by where you are in the game, but that's sort of for obvious reasons due to the fact that if you could be huge all the time it would unbalance the game. That said, the graphics are good, with all the parts moving, theI'm another one of those who was glad he ignored the critic reviews and bought the game anyway. I'll agree with the comments that the size of knack is very controlled by where you are in the game, but that's sort of for obvious reasons due to the fact that if you could be huge all the time it would unbalance the game. That said, the graphics are good, with all the parts moving, the shadows that follow your relics, the variety in types of components you can be made up of etc. The controls are basic, but that doesn't mean the game is. There's a pretty large change in difficulty between levels which is good as it means my young son can play on easy and I can play on normal and hard and we both have a blast. I didn't count hours it took to complete, but the length felt good too. Expand
  32. Jan 7, 2014
    An old school game, like the first Crash, Spyro, Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter... and I love that. No "Guns" or "weapons" needed, it's fun like old time games.
  33. Dec 5, 2013
    I have not put another game since I started, Knack reminds me of games of my youth (I'm 41 years old) and as a player I can say that I enjoyed it very much, do not get such low reviews, Knack works, entertains and shows the start of the next-gen fairly. Knack should not be played in very large portions, day to day, and will keep you captivated for long time.

No he puesto otro juego

No he puesto otro juego desde que lo comencé, Knack me recuerda juegos de mi juventud (tengo 41 años) y como jugador puedo decir que lo he disfrutado muchísimo, no entiendo los reviews tan bajos, Knack cumple, entretiene y muestra el inicio de la next-gen de manera justa. Knack debe jugarse en porciones no muy grandes, día a día, y te mantendrá cautivado por mucho tiempo.
  34. Nov 19, 2013
    I have no clue why critics gave this game poor scores. Knack is actually a surprisingly good and challenging game. Even better, you can play 2 players in this game. For everyone thinking this game is for children, it's definitely not due its great gameplay. and challenging moments. Knack is a game that is definitely worth your time.
  35. Nov 20, 2013
    I actually created an account to review this game, because in my opinion the critic score is an injustice. This game is very well done for what it is: a simple premise given a polished execution, with plenty of charm and challenge to carry it through it's ideal length of about 10 hours. The story is pretty forgettable and the moments intended to be poignant fall a little flat, but itI actually created an account to review this game, because in my opinion the critic score is an injustice. This game is very well done for what it is: a simple premise given a polished execution, with plenty of charm and challenge to carry it through it's ideal length of about 10 hours. The story is pretty forgettable and the moments intended to be poignant fall a little flat, but it doesn't take much away from the overall experience which is really about the combat and collection. I had a great time playing it, and though I won't score it a 10 just to pull the average up, I will give it what it deserves...a solid 8. Expand
  36. Nov 16, 2013
    Not sure what the critics are all about but, this game is fun. Most importantly, fun for kids. My 10 year old is absolutely loving it and I'm enjoying, watching him play. The graphics are just fine and the story does it's job. Release lineup or not, I would purchase this again.
  37. Nov 15, 2013
    Simple, but a lot of fun. I like how they mix up the encounters by mixing and matching the various enemy types. The controls are perfect for this kind of game.
  38. Nov 15, 2013
    So Im playing the game on Hard and I will say its fun and frustrating at the same time only because I rage sometimes I will say it can be difficult on hard so if youre like dude this game is easy then play it on hard.
    The animation is amazing, I love the particle effects very bright and vibrant
    The music is pretty good reminds me of old spyro The story line is cheesy and kind of bland.
    The animation is amazing, I love the particle effects very bright and vibrant
    The music is pretty good reminds me of old spyro
    The story line is cheesy and kind of bland.
    The voice acting is ehh alright.
    Game play mechanics are interesting although Where are the secrets there will be one part where oh well thats obviously a secret other part were its like uhh where is a secret.
  39. Jan 2, 2014
    If you are looking for a challenging platform game and don't have children in your house, this review is not for you.

Story: Not ground breaking story telling, but with a good 4 hours in, I'm enjoying it Graphics: Not sure why people are really complaining here. While it's not likely pushing the PS4 to the limit, the scenes look nice and with the addition of all of Knack's components,

Graphics: Not sure why people are really complaining here. While it's not likely pushing the PS4 to the limit, the scenes look nice and with the addition of all of Knack's components, fairly complex.
    Game play: Yes, this is not very challenging and does lose a point or two here. On medium it's rare that I have to redo a fight more then a couple of time.
    Overall: I think people forget that a game is supposed to be fun. This game has a fun story that is family appropriate. So far, no cursing and while there is violence, there's no blood. My guess is that the creators of this game wanted a game that was accessible to kids and adults and in the process show off some of the technical capabilities of the PS4. If this was the case, I think they hit the mark and I look forward to a bigger and better sequel
  40. Nov 16, 2013
    Knack is a great game. it is visually stunning. it is an amazing game to play if you have small children. My son and I have enjoyed this game together. he is 4 years old and he loves playing as my co-op player. It is good to see my son enjoying games like I did when I was younger. It brings back memories of me playing Mario with my father and now I get to play with my son. It is nice thatKnack is a great game. it is visually stunning. it is an amazing game to play if you have small children. My son and I have enjoyed this game together. he is 4 years old and he loves playing as my co-op player. It is good to see my son enjoying games like I did when I was younger. It brings back memories of me playing Mario with my father and now I get to play with my son. It is nice that Sony thought of the family aspect with the ps4. Not everything has to have blood n gore or be a shooter. Great job Sony Expand
  41. Nov 18, 2013
    This is a great platformer and i have been enjoying it thoroughly! Bigger reviewing companies cant really be trusted anymore or at least everyone but Gameinformer so far. I thought it looked cool from when i first saw it but i wasn't sold yet, then i saw some more gameplay and got excited for it. Then i heard from the bigger companies that it was worth a 5 and got worried but picked it upThis is a great platformer and i have been enjoying it thoroughly! Bigger reviewing companies cant really be trusted anymore or at least everyone but Gameinformer so far. I thought it looked cool from when i first saw it but i wasn't sold yet, then i saw some more gameplay and got excited for it. Then i heard from the bigger companies that it was worth a 5 and got worried but picked it up anyways. I am extremely happy i did because this game fulfilled my platformer crave! This is coming from a person who has been a big fan of platformers forever and if you are too, i would highly suggest picking it up despite what these Critics have to say. I would say that the game has some classic Crash Bandicoot elements to it along with a Ratchet and Clank type of art style and a lot of small features from great games like Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper, etc. If you are a fan of any of those games, you will definitely enjoy Knack. Its unfortunate that these Big Critics are giving a bad name to good platformers because i really would like to see the return of quality platformers like this and i would hate to hear that this did not get a sequel because of the critics reviews. I especially enjoy the amount of collectibles spread throughout the game. The story was not as childish as i was expecting and i thought that it was decent at making it a title for anyone to play. The graphics were very pretty and definitely next gen looking despite what the critics think and reminded me of the Ratchet and Clank art style and some Precursor Legacy styled jungles.The gameplay was very fun and very challenging, and all great platformers have to be challenging (Jak II) My overall thoughts on the game were that it was an amazing fun packed adventure that will last you a while and i hope to see more even though i have yet to 100% it. If you like platformers this is definitely a title you wont want to miss out on! Expand
  42. Nov 22, 2013
    This game is beautiful, simple but gorgeous.
    I really enjoyed playing with this pack of particle that is knack.
    Even if it can be hard from times to times, it's a well rewarded challenge.
  43. Dec 2, 2013
    I only gave it a 10 to counteract the unreasonably low scores. This is a great game and deserves at least a 7 rating. It's not very diverse but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. The simplicity of the game makes it an easy one to just pick up and go. I can see myself re-visiting the game over and over again for a bit of fun. Not for the hardcore gamer but great for the causal gamer like myself.
  44. Dec 21, 2013
    Lo mejor de este juego es que el primer recuerdo que vino a mi mente mientras jugaba fue Crash Bandicoot.

+ Buenas Graficas

+ Buena Jugabilidad

+ Buena IA

+ Cooperativo Divertido

- Algo repetitivo
  45. Nov 29, 2013
    Cool game! love to play it with the kids. they enjoy it very much because it's not very hard to learn.

if you dont like any of the other release games this one should offer you some fun for a while.
  46. Apr 5, 2014
    Game of the year.............................................................................................................................................................
  47. Nov 17, 2013
    My word this game is being underscored. Regardless this game has been quite quite fun! Combat is smooth and the plot is the arcade style "here's a job, people are in danger, go" style, but it's really the kind of game where you're just supposed to be able to pick it up and play, and it does that. There are three special moves, a combo attack, and double jump, all you need. I doMy word this game is being underscored. Regardless this game has been quite quite fun! Combat is smooth and the plot is the arcade style "here's a job, people are in danger, go" style, but it's really the kind of game where you're just supposed to be able to pick it up and play, and it does that. There are three special moves, a combo attack, and double jump, all you need. I do sometimes get the impression some of the enemies are, too similar, but the game does stay challenging. By the end of most levels you end up being massive and way OP, but the larger you get, the tougher the enemies you'll fight get, so it's really just satisfying to be so huge, and the game doesn't end there. You'll likely be small again soon because you had to give up you're size so you could travel, but it's never sad, just time to start again and fight again! Defiantly give this game a chance. It's not supposed to be challenging, just fun. Relax, kick back, and glory at you're destructive potential. Expand
  48. Dec 19, 2013
    Here we sit on the edge of our seats in 2013, the PS4 finally in some of our hands.
    And one of the greatest games of the time is being attacked for not being a copy paste cut-out of another shooter.

This game although with few exceptions was amazing. It is on par with Mario and Crash Bandicoot(ps1 days). It is well worth the money, and although recommended you should play it on hard you will not be disappointed if you actually like games and not mindless violence.

All I ask is that Sony realize they have something special here no matter the critics, and not to let go of this one has they did with Crash and Spyro.

My true rating of this game comes in at a speedy 9.8/10
  49. Dec 22, 2013
    od wczoraj gram i jak na razie po 2 etapach jest super! daje jej dobre 75%, grafika ok, choć nie jest to moc ps4, jedynie poziom trudności mógł by być łatwiejszy,
  50. Dec 26, 2013
    This is an amazing game.
    Knack is a very well designed, easy to learn combat based platformer, it has great graphics and is fluent throughout. Knack is best when played on the hard difficulty because if you play on easy, knack becomes too easy and becomes boring very quickly; knack is challenging and great fun.
    I would recommend knack to anybody that likes platformers like Crash
    This is an amazing game.

I would recommend knack to anybody that likes platformers like Crash Bandicoot and anyone who wants a fun experience on their PS4.
  51. Jan 14, 2014
    Having a blast with Knack. It is much like Crash Bandicoot and Spyro. 10 for the fun factor. It's actually refreshing with a fun and new IP instead of blood, zombies or old franchises.

Fantastic in Co-op. Great length. Replayable....

Looking forward to Knack 2.
  52. Mar 24, 2014
    I got this game through gamefly, second week of having my ps4 in December, i played the demo before the ps4 came out. Still to this day i dont understand the hate on this game, the graphics are nice, the game is fun, great story , totally original. i would definitely play this game again, very difficult wasnt something you pick up and beat with one life lol. i didnt give this game aI got this game through gamefly, second week of having my ps4 in December, i played the demo before the ps4 came out. Still to this day i dont understand the hate on this game, the graphics are nice, the game is fun, great story , totally original. i would definitely play this game again, very difficult wasnt something you pick up and beat with one life lol. i didnt give this game a perfect 10 only for the fact that i wouldn't pay $60+ for it, i like games like ac, kill zone, nba 2k, madden, infamous, etc but for half the retail price to switch things up this is a must have to own. i REALLY liked it. Expand
  53. Apr 20, 2015
    This game is really revolutionary, like playing a mario game "BLAST FROM THE PAAST" u kno.
    It's new and fresh cutscenes that are really put in the right places and help you progress with the story, the animators design is just godlike.
    AND THE CONCEPT! OMG, he gets bigger! really fukkin cuul
  54. Nov 15, 2013
    Beautiful graphics, amazing gameplay, and an interesting story. Knack may not offer anything new to the table, but is that really such a bad thing? This platformer is surprisingly charming out the gate and worthy of recognition in a world filled with dull platformers.
  55. Nov 15, 2013
    Not sure the reviewers were so upset about. This game is pretty addicting. You can see the potential in it throughout. It's slow for the first 20 minutes or so but once the mission starts it's worth checking out. I wouldn't pick it over COD for $60, but I would recommend it if you want something different. It's a mix of God Of War and Mario 64.
  56. Nov 19, 2013
    This game is getting unfairly panned by lazy, biased reviewers. It deserves recognition for being good, because it is a quality production with very tight gameplay.
  57. Nov 16, 2013
    For a launch game and for a every day game Knack is not that bad. It may not of hit a lot of people radars if it was not a launch game for the ps4, but as a launch game for the ps4 this game was the first announced and for some it had weight on it's shoulders just it to be a good game or not. So I think this review should be as truthful as possible. First off the story is nothing amazingFor a launch game and for a every day game Knack is not that bad. It may not of hit a lot of people radars if it was not a launch game for the ps4, but as a launch game for the ps4 this game was the first announced and for some it had weight on it's shoulders just it to be a good game or not. So I think this review should be as truthful as possible. First off the story is nothing amazing and really there is nothing amazing in this amazing in this game. You who the villain is in the first twenty seconds of the game. Playing it on normal bad guy die in one or two hits. But challenge is getting close to them. Then when knack does take dames he takes a lot of damage but when he heal heals for how ever much they give you. What is an odd answer I know but sometimes it doesn't look like a lot is there and he will be fully healed then when he's nearly dead and he finds health he could get next to nothing. One cool thing is you can hear the peaces of knack come together through speaker on the new ps4 controller. The fighting system is just like god of war but he had three specials. Nothing else though. Things like ice knack and wood knack are only on those level so don't be upset to not see them to often. The graphics are easy and simple They look great for what they did and for a ps4 game. I hope to see better graphics on the ps4 int he future. This game may seem childish or stupid or what ever but in the end it is just a really fun game with lots of collectables and easy combat and a well told story that you just don't mind play one afternoon. Or through out the week. It's better than a 5/10 or a 4/10 it is fun you get into the game. Expand
  58. Nov 16, 2013
    I honestly do not understand why this game was bashed so hard by critics, but I have a theory it may have been due to the large amount of hype this game generated prior to launch, similar to diablo 3. While I certainly see the shortcomings of this game that the reviewers mentioned (ease of killing mobs, only one combo) they in no way ruin the game to the point of giving it 1.5/5 starsI honestly do not understand why this game was bashed so hard by critics, but I have a theory it may have been due to the large amount of hype this game generated prior to launch, similar to diablo 3. While I certainly see the shortcomings of this game that the reviewers mentioned (ease of killing mobs, only one combo) they in no way ruin the game to the point of giving it 1.5/5 stars (joystiq). This game has beautiful graphics delivered by the PS4 combined with a fantastic art direction similar to a Pixar movie. The different chapters all have unique environments and always introduce new enemies with new mechanics. The story is interesting and the voice acting is top notch in my opinion. The campaign is quite long as well, and also offers a co-op mode which is implemented very well. The main gripe with this game is that I just wish it did more with the concept of turning into different materials, but this is not to say the game is lacking in this department, only because the mechanics that ARE in the game were very enjoyable. All in all this is a great game and especially considering it a launch title is very much worth the money. I hope to see a sequel with more content and new ideas to work with the current ones. I almost did not pick this game up due to all the negative reviews but am very glad I did, and it makes me wonder what other games I may have missed out on in the past because I looked over them due to the critic reviews I read online... Expand
  59. Nov 15, 2013
    Fun fun fun! Difficult game that isn't bad to look at! This game combines everything we love about platformers and introduces some lovely visuals and an interesting enough story that is creative as ever. Anyone rating it low simply has not played it or has not given it enough time to grow on them, but for this reviewer it grew on him instantly.
  60. Nov 15, 2013
  61. Nov 16, 2013
    Better than what most 'critics' give it credit for. Better than what most 'critics' give it credit for. Better than what most 'critics' give it credit for. Better than what most 'critics' give it credit for. Better than what most 'critics' give it credit for.
  62. Nov 15, 2013
    My kids love the game and that's why I bought it. I don't care what the critics think. It's a good game for kids to play instead of adult games. We are all happy with the purchase.
  63. Nov 19, 2013
    Oh my God! This is the best game ever created! 10 out of 10! Marc Cerny Jesus! Crash Bandicoot has been reborn !!!
    Don't trust stupid no life billyblyads from GameMag this game is the real deal!
  64. Nov 19, 2013
    This game is a ton of fun. Its definitely not a top tier game, but it doesnt pretend to be. If you like Jak, Crash, etc you'll love this game once you give it a chance.
  65. Nov 17, 2013
    Knack at first glance can be deceiving. Many reviewers are quick to judge this interesting little title, that is aimed at simplicity and family fun, rather than a complicated set of menu options and side quests. The graphics are great and this is the only game set at launch (for either system) that seems to be aimed at the new gamer or family experience. While this may not be innovative toKnack at first glance can be deceiving. Many reviewers are quick to judge this interesting little title, that is aimed at simplicity and family fun, rather than a complicated set of menu options and side quests. The graphics are great and this is the only game set at launch (for either system) that seems to be aimed at the new gamer or family experience. While this may not be innovative to platform games, Knack still delivers and has beautiful environment. Offering multiplayer and old fashioned fun, i recommend this for families and gamers looking for that "Mario" style game. Expand
  66. Nov 17, 2013
    This is definitely one of the best games I played though the beginning is somewhat slow the rest of the game is fun and challenging. Reminds me of the time crash and jak and daxter and I think they have achieved their purpose of reminding those classics.
  67. Dec 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Beautiful and intelligent game nah jokes it sucks d*** go yourselvesij15gergo[ieqr[oiger[highdghdhhhaethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethetheth Expand
  68. Dec 2, 2013
    Didn't know what to think when I bought it, and it surprised me. Very fun game with awesome graphics and a nice game play really entertaining. I would definitely recommend this game.
  69. Dec 16, 2013
    If you like old school platformers such as Crash Bandicoot you will love this game. The knack is harder than the graphical presentation would have you believe and think some users would find it too frustrating. Also admire the game as it seems it is the only PS4 game not to have required patching after release! Definitely a better game than the supposed professional reviews would have you believe.
  70. Dec 29, 2013
    This is my first review on Metacritic mainly because I disagree with the 'expert' reviews. Knack is a classic platformer in the vain of Jak and Daxter, Rachet and Clank etc, but on a much larger and prettier scale. The story is good and I feel like I want to complete it. You can keep your endless (boring) online fighters, something with a story and reason to get to the end always winsThis is my first review on Metacritic mainly because I disagree with the 'expert' reviews. Knack is a classic platformer in the vain of Jak and Daxter, Rachet and Clank etc, but on a much larger and prettier scale. The story is good and I feel like I want to complete it. You can keep your endless (boring) online fighters, something with a story and reason to get to the end always wins out. The graphics are supposed to be 'cartoonish' but they are amazing, Shrek etc would be embarrassed to be sat next next to clank!
    This is not an easy game to get through, you will die hundreds of times, but the start points are not long and therefore you never feel really frustrated.
    Played today with my 16 year old daughter as robo-Knack on the PS Vita as Remote play. It made the game easier for her and good for both of us.
    Another couple of late nights over this Christmas and New Year look to be on the books for me.
  71. Nov 16, 2013
    Awesome game, plenty of fun, good clean graphics. If you liked ratchet & clank then you'll love knack. Its not the most action packed game of the year but it fun and the multiplayer mode is great.
  72. Nov 15, 2013
    If almost didn't get Knack because of the critic reviews, but once again I'm glad I ignore their opinions. Knack has its faults, but as a 3D platformer that pays homage to old school 3D titles, I have to admit, this is a game that's perfect for my son and I.
  73. Nov 15, 2013
    Critics are wrong! Knack is visually beautiful, has an interesting story, and is one of the most difficult platformers I've played and I played Mario back on NES when it first came out. Beautiful, difficult, and intriguing! If you are interested in this game do not listen to critics because I am suspecting they were paid off. Knack may not offer anything new, but it brings a feeling ofCritics are wrong! Knack is visually beautiful, has an interesting story, and is one of the most difficult platformers I've played and I played Mario back on NES when it first came out. Beautiful, difficult, and intriguing! If you are interested in this game do not listen to critics because I am suspecting they were paid off. Knack may not offer anything new, but it brings a feeling of nostalgia and sandwiches it with a lovely story and amazing graphics. I would not have changed my order if I had the chance. Expand
  74. Nov 15, 2013
    This game is a best buy for people who love hard and challenging games i never suspected that such a cartoony game could have such a dark souls feel to it 10/10 must have
  75. Nov 22, 2013
    I agree with a lot of the positive reviews. This game is not A Last of Us Game of the Year candidate, but it is fun, charming, simple (but difficult) game. It does have a few issues in terms of checkpoints and difficult spikes but otherwise I solid revisit to PSOne style gameplay in HD.
  76. Nov 18, 2013
    I do not know how people still do not realize that this game is to be played with an open mind, to relax and enjoy leave the fps and rpgs and relax, I'm anxious to play with my girlfriend.
    Of course this isn't a 10 or an 9 but one 8 would be perfect and fair!
  77. Nov 19, 2013
    Ótimo jogo, nada a reclamar. As plataformas são bem intuitivas e dinâmica, inimigos divertidos e enredo interessante. Sem falar que a dificuldade realmente atraente nesse jogo.
  78. Dec 27, 2013
    Now anyone who has looked at any review for this game already knows its hard and I'm here to say that is true and that it is a good thing. Whenever I died I never felt like the game cheated me, I understood that it was me who made a mistake and I learned from them. Many games now have a chooseable difficulty system like Knack but few execute it as well as Knack: higher difficulties addNow anyone who has looked at any review for this game already knows its hard and I'm here to say that is true and that it is a good thing. Whenever I died I never felt like the game cheated me, I understood that it was me who made a mistake and I learned from them. Many games now have a chooseable difficulty system like Knack but few execute it as well as Knack: higher difficulties add harder platforming, enemies learn new moves, and more enemy combinations are used to offer more intriguing fights. The controls are simple but that adds to the challenge of the game. Because you only have a limited set of moves you have to actually strategize when you go into a fight because bum rushing in will quickly have you killed. The story is simple but that is understandable since this game is geared to be kid friendly so the developers couldn't throw in too many deep, serious underlying messages or make the characters too complex. The characters although simple have a fair amount of charm, you won't be falling head over heels for them but you won't hate them. The characters all look good and so does the environment, but the levels seem a little static in some areas otherwise the graphics are all charming and good. Adding to the replayability of the game are collectibles you can find in hidden areas (some of these areas are very, very obvious while others will take a trained eye to see). These collectibles are either parts for devices that will help you on the harder difficulties or crystal relics that will unlock alternate Knacks for new game +(s). You won't unlock many (if any) of these on your first playthrough and looking for the rarer items can be a pain, however you can also choose any collectible found by people on your friends list making it simpler to find what you want. Overall Knack is a good throwback to the days of "Nintendo hard" games with simple yet fun gameplay that will challenge your skills and has plenty of replayability. If you don't like platformer beat 'em ups then you won't like Knack but if you do it is a must buy. Expand
  79. Feb 21, 2015
    Knack! Knack! Knack! Knack! Knack! Knack! Knack! Knack! Knack! Knack! Schrek! Knack! Super sonic! Mario! Knaxk?! Knawk! Kank! Knack! Knat! Knot! Krack! Knack!
  80. Nov 18, 2013
    Note: I am giving this game a score of 10 in order to offset the downright unnecessary 0's and low scores since the game is NOT bad at all.

Many people tend to look at these so called "professional" reviewers as the be all, end all when it comes to a game's worth. And I feel that is a bad and downright disgusting attitude to take when it comes to buying games. "I won't buy this game because this guy in X website gave it a 2/10!" This isn't even mentioning the fact that a lot of these "reviewers" tend to insert their own biases, whether personal or for the money that companies give them.

This game is pretty good. My score would be an 8 TBH. Gameplay is damn near solid and responsive. In no way is this a "one button smasher" as many of these moronic reviewers would want you to believe. The game also has a distinct children/Pixar feel and it's not hard to see why. Not that it's a bad thing.

Give the game a chance once the holiday deals like Black Friday offer the game at a lower price. It's pretty fun.
  81. Nov 15, 2013
    I have been playing this game for the past 2 hours and I am finding it to be thoroughly enjoyable. Yes there are simple button mechanics but its fun, does have some challenge to it and it looks beautiful. While I agree it might not be a system seller and it a 2nd teir game I think when I have forgotten years from now what killzone was like I will remember this since its different and isI have been playing this game for the past 2 hours and I am finding it to be thoroughly enjoyable. Yes there are simple button mechanics but its fun, does have some challenge to it and it looks beautiful. While I agree it might not be a system seller and it a 2nd teir game I think when I have forgotten years from now what killzone was like I will remember this since its different and is a nice mix up for a break today from Battlefield/Killzone/COD Expand
  82. Jan 5, 2014
    Needs to be played in smaller stints and on higher difficulty levels to be truly appreciated. Responsive fighting mechanics with an emphasis on memorizing, adjusting to, and mastering the patterns of each enemy type (and level-specific characteristics). It's exhausting when played in one sitting and boring when played on anything below "hard" difficulty setting (which is probably why mostNeeds to be played in smaller stints and on higher difficulty levels to be truly appreciated. Responsive fighting mechanics with an emphasis on memorizing, adjusting to, and mastering the patterns of each enemy type (and level-specific characteristics). It's exhausting when played in one sitting and boring when played on anything below "hard" difficulty setting (which is probably why most reviews just don't seem to "get" this game).

When approached as recommended above, this game is best described as a cross-over between Ratchet&Clank (style), God of War (brawling), and Ninja Gaiden (arduousness).

Level design could be more open, gameplay could be more diverse, and Knack as central character should incorporate RPG elements that allow you to develop parts of his skills according to your personal playstyle. In general, there could be more CHOICE in how to play the game.

Story-wise, it would have been nice to see more character development in Knack. For instance, the underlying story in Knack basically bears many high-concept similarities to the story of Pinocchio, but sadly doesn't incorporate any of the deeper philosophical questions raised in that latter story (creator-creation-complex; An artificial creation aiming to become a "real person"? Can Knack develop a "free will"? How does he feel given he's basically just "used" as a fighting machine all the time? What is it that actually sets him apart from all those other fighting robots in the game? What's his "core" and "purpose"?) a lot of unused potential for a way deeper and more meaningful story right there.

Nevertheless, Knack is still a good and fun game that "works" at its core (even though it could be refined in many ways some of which I hinted at further above); plus coop is fun and arena mode/time trials (unlocked after the first play-through) will keep you busy for a long time. Really hoping for a sequel.

8.5
  83. Feb 21, 2014
    I am thinking I played a different game than what was reviewed here. I really enjoyed it all the way through the end. Sure is can get repetitive, but it is fun. The characters are likable, the worlds are bright and looking for secrets adds some time. It has tight controls and a good camera as well. I will be playing through again with my new powers to get a different experience. I don'tI am thinking I played a different game than what was reviewed here. I really enjoyed it all the way through the end. Sure is can get repetitive, but it is fun. The characters are likable, the worlds are bright and looking for secrets adds some time. It has tight controls and a good camera as well. I will be playing through again with my new powers to get a different experience. I don't know what the low reviewers were expecting because it delivered exactly what was described for the game summary. Ignore them and try it. 10 Expand
  84. Nov 18, 2013
    I'm going to keep this short: The game is fun and the critics are full of Now, I have to have 150 characters for a review so i'm just going to keep
  85. Dec 28, 2013
    I picked this game up because it was on sale over the holidays, and honestly I am quite surprised. the combat is simple, as you only use three buttons, but there is still a decent amount of challenge here in timing your dodges, jumps, and attacks accordingly. If your not careful you will get your butt kicked in places. I have been having a blast playing it so far and my son even picks upI picked this game up because it was on sale over the holidays, and honestly I am quite surprised. the combat is simple, as you only use three buttons, but there is still a decent amount of challenge here in timing your dodges, jumps, and attacks accordingly. If your not careful you will get your butt kicked in places. I have been having a blast playing it so far and my son even picks up the controller and plays the other knack like character co-op with me and is having a good time with it as well. I could see it not being for some people, but I think that the majority of people will have a good time with it. Expand
  86. Jan 2, 2014
    Knack is getting hit very hard by critics, and I'm still not sure why. It is a very solid platforming game, very family friendly and admirably simple. There are about 3 different buttons needed to play this game, and I for one love the old school simplicity. The gameplay itself is somewhat repetitive, but it's engaging and satisfyingly challenging. Lots of people are saying that this gameKnack is getting hit very hard by critics, and I'm still not sure why. It is a very solid platforming game, very family friendly and admirably simple. There are about 3 different buttons needed to play this game, and I for one love the old school simplicity. The gameplay itself is somewhat repetitive, but it's engaging and satisfyingly challenging. Lots of people are saying that this game doesn't look all that great....and I'm not sure they're playing the same game as me at all. It practically looks like a Pixar movie gone video game (which to me is a good thing). Overall, I'm glad I ignored the critics and gave Knack a chance, it'll be one for me to go back to throughout the years. Expand
  87. Jan 6, 2014
    Knack is simple yet so much fun. It has an engaging story with terrific characters. In my opinion this game is very underrated, it's a platformer, what do you expect? There should be more games like this more often, and I would totally be open to a sequel for something like this and expand the gameplay even further. If you love platformers or just something less chaotic and more simple,Knack is simple yet so much fun. It has an engaging story with terrific characters. In my opinion this game is very underrated, it's a platformer, what do you expect? There should be more games like this more often, and I would totally be open to a sequel for something like this and expand the gameplay even further. If you love platformers or just something less chaotic and more simple, Knack has you covered. Expand
  88. Jan 4, 2014
    Knack is really really good. The mechanics are well done. The graphics are amazing. And it also happens to be the best button masher out there. Buying a ps4- anyone should buy this game. The haters are hatin. WHY THE HATE! Well, must buy and play- one of the best mashers out there.
  89. Nov 25, 2013
    Fun and addictive. I would certainly continue with more playthroughs. Looks casual but its pretty hardcore. Actually i would give it a 7.5 but i am rating with a 10 to balance the troll ratings.
  90. Apr 5, 2014
    AN EXCELLENT GAME! THE MOST UNFAIRLY REVIEWED GAME I'VE EVER SEEN! First off this is a typical Japan Studios game in the same ilk and quality as Puppeteer and Gravity Rush. Visually the game is beautiful with rich colors, shiny textures, and great particle effects, Knack looks good and absolutely shows off the robust powers of the PS4. Knack controls fluidly in combat and while dodgingAN EXCELLENT GAME! THE MOST UNFAIRLY REVIEWED GAME I'VE EVER SEEN! First off this is a typical Japan Studios game in the same ilk and quality as Puppeteer and Gravity Rush. Visually the game is beautiful with rich colors, shiny textures, and great particle effects, Knack looks good and absolutely shows off the robust powers of the PS4. Knack controls fluidly in combat and while dodging with a solid framerate and it is in my experience completely glitch free. I typically prefer adult style games, but Knack for me was a breath of fresh air and a nice diversion from the GoW's, GTA's, and MGS's. Compared to the aforementioned games Knack was just less stressful and more endearing while still maintaining a proper difficulty and an entertaining story and though it's been said before it still rings true, "Knack is like playing through a Pixar movie". The combat is simple but clean and depending on your size and physical makeup Knack's abilities and powers change accordingly which keeps the action fresh. Throughout the story you will change into a multitude of different versions of Knack such as wood Knack, ice Knack, metal Knack and more and each iteration of Knack has their own perks such as wood Knack being able to catch fire bringing down a reign of flames and burning embers on your enemies. During the game you will find hidden chests with "loot" in them, this loot consists of mainly gadget parts used to create gadgets that slow down time, increase damage as your combo gets higher, find hidden areas and much more. The loot also consists of crystals and if you acquire the requisite amount (10-20) you can turn into a different looking knack with different abilities i.e. Sunstone Knack has stronger super moves, brittle Knack has a powerful melee attack, Vampire Knack, Diamond Knack ect. If you have people on your friends list who have also played Knack and have previously opened the chest that you just opened it allows you to take the item you find or choose one of the items any of your friends found at that same chest. This intuitive loot/friend system helps you achieve your desired knack/gadget and adds incredible replay value and fun. You can also play Knack in co-op or local co-op which is alot of fun. When you break it down Knack doesn't do a whole lot to innovate or surprise, but as a whole it is a light, fun, and well executed game with tight controls, polished graphics, and an addictive loot well thought out loot system. For some reason in the industry it became the "cool" thing to bash Knack, even i bad mouthed the game and was reluctant to buy it and only bought it with the intentions to return it within a week and get my money back, but after seeing how great the game was i kept it and still own it with the intention of platinuming it. Knack is old school combat and platforming in a beautiful next gen package, it is better than you think and overall a feel good game. I rate Knack an 8/10 but due to its unfair scores i rated it a ten to pull up the average. Expand
  91. Feb 26, 2014
    Knack is not the typical 'next-gen' game, but it's definitely an awesome game. The graphics and gameplay may look somewhat outdated, but believe me; they aren't!!!

The graphics may not look spectacular, but when you see this game in action, it's clear that this is truly a next-gen game. The details are crisp, and the particle effect that the PS4 is so famous for makes this game extraordinarily beautiful!

The gameplay is typical for an action-platformer, and you quickly get familiar with it. Yet, you don't ever feel tired of the game, because of the challenge that this game poses. The game is actually quite hard sometimes and that is why it gets 9 and not 10! However, I was genuinely entertained, and I would recommend this game to anyone interested in a good old-fashioned platforming game.
  92. Nov 19, 2013
    According to my 8 year old son, Knack is awesome because one of your friends is evil and you don't know who and you're trying to figure it out. Knack, the robot, is really useful. He's made of relics so he can get more powerful when you find more. The graphics are cool and I like that you don't have to keep switching to different characters to do stuff like in the Lego games. So it's aAccording to my 8 year old son, Knack is awesome because one of your friends is evil and you don't know who and you're trying to figure it out. Knack, the robot, is really useful. He's made of relics so he can get more powerful when you find more. The graphics are cool and I like that you don't have to keep switching to different characters to do stuff like in the Lego games. So it's a really cool game. Plus, you get to be giant. Expand
  93. Nov 24, 2013
    A fun, Disney-like animate movie made into a game that is a great joy to play.
    A fun, Disney-like animate movie made into a game that is a great joy to play.
    Even though the game could be increasingly difficult and frustrating you always find a new way to come back to the game. With the story of many character like Knack, goblins, Victor, and the many others you encounter on this journey will leave you wanting to see how it all plays out in the end.. The graphics might not be the best but at times you see the real beauty of the cut scenes and scenery. The gameplay is fun but can get boring and repetitive. It tries to hard to implement new ideas of gameplay but doesn't execute it in a well manner. The sound is on par and implementing the built on speaker on the controller is even cooler!
    This is a must buy for someone who loves animated movies and enjoyable or hard games.
  94. Nov 18, 2013
    The reviews for this game have not been good, but i decided to buy the game anyway. This game is awesome, i really love it, its actually fun. i am really confused at the reviews since i actually enjoy the game, im 21 years old and playing Knack gives me a feeling of Nostalgia, it reminds me of when i used to play games like Crash Bandicoot in the old days. If you like Crash Bandicoot,The reviews for this game have not been good, but i decided to buy the game anyway. This game is awesome, i really love it, its actually fun. i am really confused at the reviews since i actually enjoy the game, im 21 years old and playing Knack gives me a feeling of Nostalgia, it reminds me of when i used to play games like Crash Bandicoot in the old days. If you like Crash Bandicoot, Spyro the Dragon, Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank. Then you will really enjoy this game. Expand
  95. Nov 24, 2013
    It's a shame this game is being so criticized and getting bad reviews. It's a fun game; a great reminder of the innocence that games used to have. Is it the best platformer ever? No, but it is unique and enjoyable.
  96. Nov 25, 2013
    Not sure how they could have made this game better. It is the best platformer i may have ever played. It is rewarding and beautiful. It has movie cut scenes throughout and develops the plot and characters on a level I've never seen in a platformer. The characters have complex feelings and emotions unlike other previous platforms. It's really what I've waited for my whole life itNot sure how they could have made this game better. It is the best platformer i may have ever played. It is rewarding and beautiful. It has movie cut scenes throughout and develops the plot and characters on a level I've never seen in a platformer. The characters have complex feelings and emotions unlike other previous platforms. It's really what I've waited for my whole life it seems, from the day i first played super mario bros. I hope sequels will come. Bravo. Expand
  97. Nov 26, 2013
    By far the best of the PS4/Xbox One launch games (for an example of what game I like, my second choice for this generation of consoles is Assassin's Creed 4 which I would rate a 6). This game is pretty fun, not sure why the hate from the critics.
  98. Nov 27, 2013
    Only complaint I have is that the graphics/animation could have been more robust. This IS next gen after all. Cut scenes looked no better than other platformers.

However, the particle systems are out of this world. It animates flawlessly considering, that when Knack is at full size, he is wielding thousands of tiny (individually rendered) relics. Game play is fun. Quite linear, but

Game play is fun. Quite linear, but fun none-the-less. Sometimes I enjoy a good linear storyline. Especially when I get to smash things.
  99. Dec 22, 2013
    With the ps4 now out and Christmas is coming up, I decided to buy Knack for myself. I wasn't expecting much from it, just your average platformer, but I was wrong. It was so much more, and every playing moment was fun. The story is that goblins have attacked the humans cities, and a group of people get together to stop the threat. A doctor, volunteers his latest creation, Knack, into theWith the ps4 now out and Christmas is coming up, I decided to buy Knack for myself. I wasn't expecting much from it, just your average platformer, but I was wrong. It was so much more, and every playing moment was fun. The story is that goblins have attacked the humans cities, and a group of people get together to stop the threat. A doctor, volunteers his latest creation, Knack, into the battle. Knack, who is created with Ancient Relics, can use them to hit opponents, or smash through sunstones and use them to create super moves. Your health bar relies on how many relics you have. You will also encounter different forms for knack such as the ice knack, who has another bar of health. The story and the characters are loveable and the gameplay is fluent. If you get your child, or even yourself a game for Christmas, I'd advise you to get this one Expand
  100. Dec 23, 2013
    I don't know way much people dislike this funny game. I have lot a funn playing Knack. Some moments are very hard some very easy and sometime i don't like checkoints but you remember consoles when don;t can save you game? Return to the past :-)

Very positive is co op mode can you play on DS4 or PS Vita (using as controller). If you have children you be have lot a fun playing this game with your child.

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Feb 13, 2014
    Knack isn't a bad combat platformer, it's just mediocre. It's a kind of God of War for casual players and the fighting works actually quite well. Some boring factory levels should have been cut, though. [Jan 2014]
  2. Jan 26, 2014
    I have absolutely no idea what caused Knack to be the kind of game that is, because it just doesn't make any sense. Whether it's the case of being a a vanity project that went unchecked or just another could-have-been that lost its way while rushing to meet the PS4's launch date, the bottom line is that it's a misguided title too simple for adults and too difficult for children.
  3. CD-Action
    Jan 10, 2014
    An awfully boring, repetitive and uninspired game that does absolutely nothing to show PS4’s capabilities but a lot to ruin your day. [01/2014, p.66]