7.7

1. Jan 16, 2014
    This being the first modern day Lego game I've played, I have to say I'm really interested in this franchise. Lego Marvel Super Heroes will make all Marvel fanboys and Lego fans feel at home with a huge roster of characters. However, the lack of a proper free roam with using any character until you've beaten the single player is just unforgivable even if the story is pretty good. If thereThis being the first modern day Lego game I've played, I have to say I'm really interested in this franchise. Lego Marvel Super Heroes will make all Marvel fanboys and Lego fans feel at home with a huge roster of characters. However, the lack of a proper free roam with using any character until you've beaten the single player is just unforgivable even if the story is pretty good. If there are any flaws with the story, it mostly revolves around with the objectives. This game does a horrible job at telling you what to do, I can't even begin to count how many times I got stuck and just ended up saying "screw this, I'm playing a different game!" But when you do beat the game and unlock free mode, it is unfortunately underwhelming. Characters you think could do certain things like crawling on walls are non existent. Heck, they even do this with Spider-Man, all he can do is stick to walls, not crawl them in free roam. In the end Lego Marvel Super Heroes is a good game and I recommend it to any Marvel or Lego fan, you'll have a fun time with it. Expand
  2. Jan 3, 2014
    Absolutely super fun game with one of the best local COOP mode to date !
    The story is great and a lot of funny moments. Huge array of characters and abilities.
    The combat itself is very use and forgiving, dying is not an issue. The challenge of Lego Marvel is use and combine all different powers of your +100 character to collect all secret items, and access secret areas. The only
    Absolutely super fun game with one of the best local COOP mode to date !

The only negative side of the game is akward flying and dull vehicle driving.

Even the graphic engine is last gen, this game shines on PS4 Crystal clear 1080 graphics with added lighting compared to ps3.

Very recommended, especially for the great local coop
  3. Nov 22, 2013
    Great story....Great Graphics....Funny Scenes.......Seeing Deadpool roaming around through missions this game is one of the best Lego Games i have played. Plenty of characters to play with and tons of collectibles to find throughout the story makes this game fun and time consuming at the same time. Great game for Co-op multiplayer is always fun especially for me since i have nefues thatGreat story....Great Graphics....Funny Scenes.......Seeing Deadpool roaming around through missions this game is one of the best Lego Games i have played. Plenty of characters to play with and tons of collectibles to find throughout the story makes this game fun and time consuming at the same time. Great game for Co-op multiplayer is always fun especially for me since i have nefues that just admire my PS4 lol.

Great Game Overall. Lego games never fail Lol 10/10
  4. Nov 15, 2013
    Lego Marvel Superheroes is a fun game to play especially for Lego fans. This game has a funny story and it bring back old characters from the past Marvel Comics. For me this game is for casual gamers instead of hardcore gamers
  5. Jan 27, 2014
    This is the best Lego game so far but it, for me, still doesn't have that cutting edge. There is no doubt that the CO OP is great fun and collecting the super heros gives the game more depth then previous lego games.

The store is amusing and is in the true spirt of Marvel and captures all the cheese from the recent movies along with some smooth graphics. I'd like to see a wider

I'd like to see a wider multiplayer experience with 4 players and maybe a mini game mode.

Overall one to pick up after the price cut to around £20-25.
  6. Dec 26, 2013
    My first home console modern Lego game (I had played LOtR on vita and Lego island 2/rock raiders many years ago), and I must say I am very impressed, almost every character in the game is justified and it is endless fun in both story and side quests/open world stuff.
  7. Nov 12, 2014
    They game is fun as are most Lego games, but on ALL formats it sufferes from terrible framerate drops which is a sign of a rushed out half polished game.
  8. Dec 30, 2013
    LEGO Marvel Super Heroes is a fun game for any age. My fiancee and myself beat the game already but noticed that we only completed 25% of the game. There are so many side quests and missions to do in this game. The graphics are amazing and the game play is addicting.
  9. Jan 5, 2014
    Favourite game on Ps4 right now!Ii can play this game for hours and hours. It stings the nostrils because its made with bits of real panther! It really is the bees knees
  10. Sep 2, 2014
    LEGO Marvel Super Heroes is a for real open world superhero game for game for kids. If you ever wanted to share the grandeur of a game like GTA or Infamous with a kid, this game is it. The open world LEGO New York is gigantic and full of its own secrets and mini-missions. On the PS4, draw distances are huge, though the game also fakes a bit of realism with textures. My son's main complaintLEGO Marvel Super Heroes is a for real open world superhero game for game for kids. If you ever wanted to share the grandeur of a game like GTA or Infamous with a kid, this game is it. The open world LEGO New York is gigantic and full of its own secrets and mini-missions. On the PS4, draw distances are huge, though the game also fakes a bit of realism with textures. My son's main complaint is that the buildings are not made entirely out of LEGOs. I agree, a LEGO world should be bricks from top to bottom.

The game has a bevy of glitches that require a restart. Most of the glitches are of the variety that the game runs fine, but whatever object or action you need to continue has been lost from the level. This is not something my kids understand and certainly not something you expect from a console game. Parental guidance is advised (as in you need to guide the kids to restart the game ever other play session).

The scope of the game is huge. The number of heroes, voices, and actions are at the level of any triple-A title. Iron Man alone receives a half dozen suits including the notorious Hulk-buster armor. Even non-Marvel characters are playable like the Statue of Liberty herself. While some of the aesthetics follow "Avengers" movie, the story seems straight out of the "Superhero Squad" cartoon show. This is good for my kids, as they are way to young to see PG-13 but very much enjoy the kids cartoon. My daughter's main complaint is the scarcity of female superheroes, and again I agree. Games are for everyone.

The gameplay itself is fun and kid friendly. Villains are defeated by solving puzzles and using team work. Villains are not defeated by precise control movements and twitchy reaction times. The LEGO characters are sometimes disassembled by walking in front of a laser beam or falling from a building, but they instantly pop back into existence. My kids were surprisingly free of frustration and that is what a fun game is all about.
  11. May 23, 2014
    This is a great game. My problem with it is completely personal. I just don't find the LEGO games to be very much fun past the story. I get bored replaying the whole game to get unlockables. Loved playing all the Marvel characters until I got a little weary of LEGO NYC, even though the city is remarkably well done. If you're into heavy and deep story lines or gore and graphic fighting, youThis is a great game. My problem with it is completely personal. I just don't find the LEGO games to be very much fun past the story. I get bored replaying the whole game to get unlockables. Loved playing all the Marvel characters until I got a little weary of LEGO NYC, even though the city is remarkably well done. If you're into heavy and deep story lines or gore and graphic fighting, you know this isn't for you. However, it's a great game for kids. If you have your own or you have guests with children that need to be occupied so you can have some adult time then buy this game immediately. Do the same if you have a partner that is rarely into game playing. It's easy to turn on for an hour and play some co-op without committing to a complex, dramatic, or long story. Expand
  12. Jul 31, 2014
    This game is great fun, and there is lots to do. My nephew loves playing it in co-op. It would get a 10 but they somehow failed to include the option to invert the Y axis!
  13. Dec 13, 2014
    I really enjoyed this game! The open world, enjoyable gameplay, fun co-op, and unlockables are all positives towards the game. Plus, the relatively smart writing, ridiculous array of characters, and more of an action approach with this installment in the LEGO game franchise really made it one of the better ones.
  14. Feb 9, 2014
    buy it, get a second controller, get a friend and have lots of fun playin this sh*t. it catches the spirit of marvel comics and it contains every marvel character you can imagine
  15. Mar 21, 2014
    If you ever played a Lego game than you have played them all. That doesn't stop this from being a riot of fun. I love it and my kids love it. The whole thing is made with love and attention to detail regarding it's subject matter. I almost feel like the developers preferred making this to the DC lego games. Great game and fun for all ages.
  16. Jun 1, 2014
    Awful controls, awful camera angles, awful roster - scientist? damage control? Not all buttons are used for playing and some buttons have 2 functions while O does nothing - example deadpool. No funny jokes, asgard pack DLC sucks(8 characters and 5 of them are copy and paste characters with only one action button and other 3 are mehh, not gonna use them)
    This game is not worth its money.
  17. Jul 7, 2014
    This was my first LEGO game - I was not particularly impressed as the puzzles, once figured out or experienced once or twice, simply repeated themselves throughout.

With no real penalty for failure, or dying, game play was fairly boring and risk-free. This might be ok if the story was engaging but unfortunately it was not (at least for a discerning adult). I mostly felt I was going

I mostly felt I was going through the motions to move the story along with no real sense of excitement, etc. Note that I am not a comic or superhero fan-boy, the simple fact I am playing as Hulk, or Spiderman does not make an otherwise boring game more interesting to me.

Conclusion: Pass unless you are really into superheros or comics and simply playing as these characters excites you.
  18. Nov 18, 2014
    This is one of the greatest Lego games to date. With loads of characters, and great free roam and adventure, this is a must buy for any Lego fan. Only the story felt a little pointy at some parts.

1. Feb 18, 2014
    LEGO Marvel Super Heroes represents Traveler’s Tales finest work with the LEGO property. All of the requisite hooks are there: a fun story, good humor, solid gameplay and healthy challenges. The studio’s reverence for the source material really pays off in the end, with content and character options that should be more than enough for any type of Marvel fan.
  2. Beautiful LEGO graphics, lights and textures; the fun never ends when LEGO's around.
  3. Jan 14, 2014
    You only need a shallow appreciation for the Marvel super heroes culture to enjoy the newest Lego game. It has a lot of playable characters and the variation between exploration and standard levels is great. That makes it hard not to take the sometimes antiquated design for granted.