7.8

1. Sep 1, 2015
    All in all great fun, but a bit repetitive. Lovely graphics on the ps4. Max's voice is badly done but gameplay is very good, could do with better traversal technique. Glad I bought it though
  2. Sep 1, 2015
    I felt compelled to write a quick review after looking at some of the artificially low Critic scores, I was fortunate enough to get the game early because of the bank holiday. Mad max is the most fun I've had in years on a single player game, there's a ton of things to do in each zone the game world is pretty big, the graphics are good and the game runs smooth and not had a single crash orI felt compelled to write a quick review after looking at some of the artificially low Critic scores, I was fortunate enough to get the game early because of the bank holiday. Mad max is the most fun I've had in years on a single player game, there's a ton of things to do in each zone the game world is pretty big, the graphics are good and the game runs smooth and not had a single crash or glitch in over 50 hours play. Brutal sandstorms can hit shredding enemies and throwing max around, optional side quests to complete, story missions, death races, brutal fights this game has it all. Do yourself a favour pick it up you will enjoy it if you actually like playing games. Expand
  3. Sep 1, 2015
    I bought MGS V and Mad Max last night, I figured I would try Mad Max for an hour before i would start Metal Gear. I still have not played metal gear a day later. This mad max game besides being beautufl graphically is so much fun, there is so much stuff to do in the game. My one little grip is that you cannot collect scrap metal by driving over it
  4. Sep 2, 2015
    This game is everything that is Mad Max. It hits all the right notes with world building, sound design, art and characters. Vehicle combat is flashy and satisfying, melee is brutal and responsive. And the best thing - no feminist agenda anywhere. Just go there and have fun trashing countless bastards like Mad!
  5. Sep 1, 2015
    This is nice game.
    If you enjoyed watching the latest movie, you will have a blast playing this game.
    Players will truly experience the drive of Mad Max atmosphere, in the sounds, in the physics and the design.
  6. Sep 1, 2015
    A great sandbox with much to do. I bought this because I did not like Metal Gear, simply because I am not a fan of the gameplay. AND I MUST SAY the carnage in this game is over the top. It was beyond fun. 10/10
  7. Sep 1, 2015
    This game is so much fun! And that's what gaming is about, fun, right? A huge, really huge, open world. Tons of customization options. Really pretty graphics. Fun and easy to learn combat. So I would really recommend the game :)

... Really sad that a lot of people don't even give a game like this a fair chance or have some stupid reasons to dislike the game. Hell I bet half of them didn't even play the game.

Oh and look at the steam page, 97% score! 97%!! 1143 people voted, rated by the REAL gamers. Critic reviews my ass.
  8. Sep 2, 2015
    This game is everything i expected and more. What i do t understand is games like watch dogs gets a 8.0 but a well put together awesome game like this one gets a 7.3??? Im enjoying every minute of mad max and i love everything about it is a must have to any true gamer
  9. Sep 2, 2015
    This is a very high-quality game. It's not the same compelling story as the movie Fury Road, but I think that's a good thing. Open World Mad Max is a great idea, but most importantly the driving is super fun and the physics feel solid.
  10. Sep 2, 2015
    This game is great! I've spent quite the amount of time playing it, and I can't help but think how badass this game really is! I haven't done much of the main quest because I'm too busy driving through the desert, taking down scarecrows, and leveling up my character and vehicle. Its just like the movies. Not much of a story, but cool as **** and you get to experience it all! HighlyThis game is great! I've spent quite the amount of time playing it, and I can't help but think how badass this game really is! I haven't done much of the main quest because I'm too busy driving through the desert, taking down scarecrows, and leveling up my character and vehicle. Its just like the movies. Not much of a story, but cool as **** and you get to experience it all! Highly recommend. Don't listen to those who say that the missions are too "repetitive". Really, thats pretty much every game to date and probably will be for awhile. Expand
  11. Sep 2, 2015
    Did you enjoy Fury Road? Do you like open world sandbox games? Well then this game is for you. Especially if you're looking for an alternative to MGSV. It can be a bit repetitive and the driving takes a while to get used to. Overall, very solid game and worth your time
  12. Sep 1, 2015
    The game have it all, good combats, explosives car chases, an gigantic map to walk/run/drive around and hundred of things to collect. The graphics are average, considering other games for the same platforms, but driving in this game is less painful as driving the "Batmobile" on Arkham Knight and much more fun. The combat system isn't exectly the same as Batman Arkham series, but it's clearThe game have it all, good combats, explosives car chases, an gigantic map to walk/run/drive around and hundred of things to collect. The graphics are average, considering other games for the same platforms, but driving in this game is less painful as driving the "Batmobile" on Arkham Knight and much more fun. The combat system isn't exectly the same as Batman Arkham series, but it's clear based on it with some tweaks as the timing necessary to do a counter attack, smashing the triangle button won't do the trick. That's it MAD MAX is a lot of fun and a hell of ride. Expand
  13. Sep 3, 2015
    Harcore action of Mad Max world. Fighting & driving systems, are awesome as f***. I think it's best racing game since long time. The way to make a сutscene and directing suggest that Miller himself was involved in the creation or advised minimmum. It is very a quality product. I was expecting less.
  14. Sep 3, 2015
    Masterpiece. Mad Max is by far one of the best games I have played in a while. Beyond stunning graphics running at constant 60fps, intense car and melee combat scenarios, limitless customization options, and an unforgiving wasteland environment full of secrets, this game truly ties everyone searching for a great open world game to their screens.
  15. Sep 2, 2015
    Some of the negative press reviews inspired me to write my own. Only 4 hours in so far, and while the game is a little rough around the edges, it is a LOT of fun to play, and that's what matters.

There is definitely this more is better attitude in sandbox games such as AC: Black Flag, Far Cry, and Shadows of Mordor. This game follows the same principles, and there's a lot of repetition to searching each area, reducing enemy threat, and conquering bases. I can already see signs this game is slightly more tedious than the others, but I'm okay with that.

Controls are a bit unusual. The jump is mapped on L2 which feels really weird and the jump is super anemic. There are a lot of objects that you should be able to climb up but can't. There are shipping containers all over the place, some partially submerged in sand, but the only way to get on them is if there is the magic yellow markers on one side. There is a context sensitive button to refuel your car while holding a gas can. However if you aren't inside the tiny space, you'll light the gas can on fire instead! Shooting defaults to the circle button, but that can be swapped with L1.

Melee Combat is a bit simplistic and quite easy. Although in Assassins Creed, you can be surrounded by 5 or 6 guys and just wait until the "parry" icon to show up and counter indiscriminately. The parry is super forgiving and you are basically immune, making melee combat pretty trivial. There are guys that throw projectiles, and flame throwers etc, but overall, not challenging enough. And no difficulty level to adjust. On the plus side, it is super visceral and fun to crunch bones and perform extravagant finishing moves.

Characters and dialog are okay -- not quite on par with the other games I've listed. Your sidekick can be a little too verbose and annoying, but he's a great sidekick.

Vehicle combat is quite fun and visceral and probably the best balanced. Takes a little getting used to at first, but once you get your grapple, you can get in front of cars and grapple out the driver. Side and frontal rams are also super fun, as is grinding once you get that upgrade. Getting speed upgrades is valuable to keep up with the initially super speedy enemies.

Directly comparing this game to Assassin's Creed Black Flag is best. You have an upgradable vehicle and hero. Assassin's Creed has far better level design and person combat. And pirate ship combat was also super fun, but I'd tip my hat to Mad Max for having a more fun vehicle combat system, because it's fast paced, and everywhere nearly all the time. Assassin's Creed was also a much more colorful game with varied locales. There's only limited things you can do with post-apocalyptic desert, though they have varied it quite a lot with lots of derelict ships, lighthouses, and shipping containers in a dried up sea area. Still early and haven't see other areas yet.

Overall I think Black Flag was a slightly better game, but I do not regret getting Mad Max and am thoroughly enjoying it.
  16. Sep 2, 2015
    This game is lots of fun, and anyone who is a fan of Mad Max and the world created by movies should enjoy this game. Some of the "official" reviews are completely out to lunch, don't trust those bozos, trust the people who actually paid money for the game.

I've been playing it since Tuesday and am having a great time. There's lots to do, the story and characters are interesting, and you can basically play the game any way you want. What's not to like about that?
  17. Sep 3, 2015
    Do not be duped into thinking this is a average game! I think the problem with some reviews are that they're coming on the back of playing MGS so have different expectations. If this game had launched earlier then I think reviews would be higher. Taking it on it's own merits (I'm playing both) I think it's easier to list the things I don't like in the hope that makes up your mind whetherDo not be duped into thinking this is a average game! I think the problem with some reviews are that they're coming on the back of playing MGS so have different expectations. If this game had launched earlier then I think reviews would be higher. Taking it on it's own merits (I'm playing both) I think it's easier to list the things I don't like in the hope that makes up your mind whether to buy or not.

My biggest complaint is the HUD. As of now you cannot remove it or even mute it until it's needed. Mad MAx is such a good looking game the HUD elements kind of spoil the atmosphere. Here's hoping for an option to adjust it in a future update. This is also just mu opinion.

If that was fixed then I'd elevate my score to a 9. Only other thing that I'm finding is a lack of a handbrake in the car. There's a shunt button but I'd love to be able to drift the car better. Apart from those two things I'm loving the game. Strong combat, lots of upgrades for Max and the car and tons of stuff to do. The map is gigantic so if it's value for money you're looking for this game will easily last you a couple of months.
  18. Sep 3, 2015
    I think the critics are fair in some aspects but the actual score rating they gave this game is NOT fair, This game is great and it now stands to be the best game I have played this year so far....LOL
  19. Sep 1, 2015
    Given the past handful of games WB has published this year and last I admit I was hesitant to pre-order Mad Max and given how little info came out before hand aside from a few "spoiler free" game play streams with the avalanche dev team I was suspicious. The game looked great but there had to be a catch, right? well... no, not really. the game is solid with great controls and anGiven the past handful of games WB has published this year and last I admit I was hesitant to pre-order Mad Max and given how little info came out before hand aside from a few "spoiler free" game play streams with the avalanche dev team I was suspicious. The game looked great but there had to be a catch, right? well... no, not really. the game is solid with great controls and an interesting open world to play around in. I've spent the last 5 hours just messing around in blackmaw alone which takes up less than 5% of the map. this size can be a downside though, while there's a ton of stuff to do, its all a variant of the same handful of things and good controls, a pretty landscape and fun combat isn't going to save the tail end of the game getting repetitive for completionists. on top of it all the game boasts plenty of random events that add some uniqueness to how you have to play, all in all the game is solid, its definitely worth taking a look at. it takes a lot to not cower in the shadow of a titan like metal gear solid but i think max does it and does it well. Expand
  20. Sep 1, 2015
    Great game in an open world, with good graphics and gameplay! The combat system reminiscent of the familiar shadow of Mordor and Batman. Anyone who like these games I recommend to educate.
  21. Sep 2, 2015
    Explore the gritty, dynamic world while braving the treacherous landscapes, hostile wather patterns, and deadly gangs of marauders. Almost like from Mel Gibson !
  22. Sep 3, 2015
    Mad Max is a game full of beauty. Every corner of the wasteland is packed full of fun. The game is massive, the wasteland seems endless... because it is. There is never a dull moment when playing Mad Max. Well worth the retail price, makes me feel young again.
  23. Sep 3, 2015
    If you like the Mad Max movies, you'll enjoy this game. Fantastic car combat. Very brutal hand to hand fights. Large open world to explore. Go buy the game and enjoy.
  24. Sep 4, 2015
    I'm a huge Metal Gear fan and have been playing MGS 5 a lot lately(and its awesome btw). And I have a hard time understanding the decision to release this game at the same date as the Juggernaut that is Phantom Pain.

This game still surprised me in a very positive way. First of all the graphics are really nice. You could think a desert/wasteland to be boring and dull, but I find it

This game still surprised me in a very positive way.
    First of all the graphics are really nice. You could think a desert/wasteland to be boring and dull, but I find it detailed and looking really good. Locations are imaginative. The sandstorms and weather effects are really good. Explosions and smoke/fire look awesome.
    I'w had some small glitching from time to time (fps drops).
    The car and character customisation is really diverse. Car combat is cool and smooth. The melee combat is very similar to Batman/Shadow of Mordor and it works fine(though not very original or new).

The missions are a bit similar all of them, but I don't mind.
    The story is not bad, but not winning any Pulitzer prizes.

Its a really good casual fun and explosive game.

This game truly deserves a strong 8/10 because of how much fun it is.
  25. Sep 3, 2015
    What a great game! The fighting, the car combat and the style of the game really attract me. It's fun to find scrap parts and slowly upgrade Max and his car. The story is great so far, it's nothing special, but I like it. There are a lot of open world games nowadays, but Mad Max really feels and plays different. As a car enthusiast, this is the perfect game for me! When you destroy aWhat a great game! The fighting, the car combat and the style of the game really attract me. It's fun to find scrap parts and slowly upgrade Max and his car. The story is great so far, it's nothing special, but I like it. There are a lot of open world games nowadays, but Mad Max really feels and plays different. As a car enthusiast, this is the perfect game for me! When you destroy a vehicle and you see and hear the explosion, it really gives me a great feeling. Also, when you get further in the game, you'll unlock more upgrades for your car. Some of these updates are AMAZING (flames and everything!). I'm not sure why the critics find it mediocre, because its nothing like that. I'll give it a solid 9. Expand
  26. Sep 3, 2015
    Shadow of Mordor in Mad Max Universe with great vehicle combat mechanics+ Batman style combat. What's not to like ?! :-) Pleasant surprise for me. Side missions / quests and other activities are kinda repetitive but all the "open world" games are like that.
  27. Sep 4, 2015
    I can only concur with what seems to be the consensus of most user reviews here: Do not let the mediocre metascore put you off this gem. Side missions might seem a little repetitive to some (which is a common problem of open-world RPGs, though) and the brawling mechanics are nothing to write home about. But the splendid mixture of intense and very well done car combat blended with RPGI can only concur with what seems to be the consensus of most user reviews here: Do not let the mediocre metascore put you off this gem. Side missions might seem a little repetitive to some (which is a common problem of open-world RPGs, though) and the brawling mechanics are nothing to write home about. But the splendid mixture of intense and very well done car combat blended with RPG elements and an absolutely great Mad Max atmosphere make this game the surprise MAGNUM OPUS of the year. This game is what RAGE should have been.

One last note on some reviews complaining about the "thin story": The story development in this game heavily relies on atmospheric story telling and action over exposition. Much like in MGSV, bigger cut scenes are mainly confined to the prologue and the the final third of the game. To me, this felt absolutely appropriate: The Mad Max series has NEVER relied on convoluted story twists or lots of dialogue to drive things forward. Conversely, it is all but about emotions, action (especially car chases) and atmosphere. This game just gets it all right. Life in the wastelands is no Disneyland. It is brutal, grinding, and desolate - and driven by the need for water, gas, and high-octane survival. This game absolute NAILS all this. In my eyes, it is an 8.5/10 as an open-world RPG, and a 10/10 as a Mad-Max-game
  28. Sep 3, 2015
    One fun game. Really it is most fun ive had in gaming for awhile. Not a strong story but hey it's mad max it's about the action. This is fast becoming my personal game of the year. The critics honestly have no idea
  29. Sep 4, 2015
    The game may have some weird and even flat-out dumb design choices, and it also has its share of game play issues and bugs, but overall it's a really solid post apocalyptic wasteland experience. Sometimes it fails to really capture the "Mad Max" atmosphrere but it sucks you in right from the start and has plenty of content even after clearing the game. The driving mechanics get better asThe game may have some weird and even flat-out dumb design choices, and it also has its share of game play issues and bugs, but overall it's a really solid post apocalyptic wasteland experience. Sometimes it fails to really capture the "Mad Max" atmosphrere but it sucks you in right from the start and has plenty of content even after clearing the game. The driving mechanics get better as you upgrade your Magnum Opus and melee combat can get stiff and confusing at times due to camera issues but it's still fun and i really enjoyed all the way through. A good opportunity to get yourself ready for Fallout 4! Expand
  30. Sep 4, 2015
    Mad Max is one of the best Games i ve played This year, it makes you feel like you are on the mad Max universe with its big vast open world. The combat is great both on foot or in the car. If you like action Games with lots of combat and explosions on big open world, you should definitely get this game
  31. Sep 8, 2015
    Mad Max turned out to be a lot better than I expected.Though the gameplay systems are overly familiar,I have been loving it.I've collected the same nonsense and fought the the same enemies and heard the same ol' story many times before,but in this game everything feels right.Water,fuel and scrap do feel like they would be very important in Max's world and while vehicle combat is ok (IMad Max turned out to be a lot better than I expected.Though the gameplay systems are overly familiar,I have been loving it.I've collected the same nonsense and fought the the same enemies and heard the same ol' story many times before,but in this game everything feels right.Water,fuel and scrap do feel like they would be very important in Max's world and while vehicle combat is ok (I would have loved to fit some machine guns to the Opus) and melee is average,the game as a whole simply works for me.Easily worth it. Expand
  32. Sep 5, 2015
    So glad I picked this up. It's not the perfect game. There are some glitches, getting around as Max on the ground could use some work, and it can be a bit repetative, but I gauge the value of a game by how it compels me to come back to it, and this one has me coming back consistently to get just a little bit farther, a little bit better, a little bit stronger. The story is a bit thin, butSo glad I picked this up. It's not the perfect game. There are some glitches, getting around as Max on the ground could use some work, and it can be a bit repetative, but I gauge the value of a game by how it compels me to come back to it, and this one has me coming back consistently to get just a little bit farther, a little bit better, a little bit stronger. The story is a bit thin, but the characters are interesting and the narrative had just enough hook to pull me along. The environment design and graphics are excellent. Just a blast to play. Expand
  33. Sep 7, 2015
    This is a really solid and fun game. If you like open world games with lots of content and you liked the latest Mad Max movie you will almost definitely like this game. If you want a professional review that's on the money, check out IGN's review.
  34. Sep 11, 2015
    This game is great. It has great control schemes, and great game play. If you are a true game, then i suggest you at least rent this game and give it a try. You will not be disappointing. It definitely surpassed my expectations.
  35. Sep 8, 2015
    If you love the Mad Max world and seemingly endless activities to do in an open world sandbox then this game is for you. No, it is not groundbreaking or revolutionary in any way, but I love being immersed in the Mad Max world in the beautiful Wasteland. I'm writing this at work and I can't wait to get home to play some more!
  36. Sep 6, 2015
    I've been playing this game everyday since it came out. I play it all day, and i play it when I come home from work. This is a really fun game, and it never grows tired on me. The vast area of exploration is awesome. I'm already a level 13 Road Warrior
  37. Sep 10, 2015
    If you are worried about any of the bad things or the mixed reviews you may have heard about this game don't be. The critics are being way to harsh on a game that will have you glued to your seat for hours if not days. This game is a hell of a lot of fun despite a bit of a repetitive feel mid game when the massive world begins to open up and you have tons of locations you can loot forIf you are worried about any of the bad things or the mixed reviews you may have heard about this game don't be. The critics are being way to harsh on a game that will have you glued to your seat for hours if not days. This game is a hell of a lot of fun despite a bit of a repetitive feel mid game when the massive world begins to open up and you have tons of locations you can loot for scrap. That said not every enemy encounter, death race, car battle, or enemy camp run is going to be the same experience even if you have repeat objectives to complete. For instance you cant approach every enemy camp the same way, each one has different defenses so you have to use some strategy and figure out how to gain an advantage on the enemy inhabitants or you will be quickly over run. And any one crapping on the car heavy steering controls is a winey baby, you get bad ass upgrades for your car over time so its no surprise to me that it looks and feels like a hollowed out rust bucket at first. I will mention that my very first death race I finished 1st on the second try no problem, I actually thought it was a little too easy. Once you begin to upgrade you opus(Mad Max's hotrod) car battles become extremely enjoyable and as long as your out on the road you'll have plenty of encounters with roaming bands of enemy vehicles, all of which have different ways of attacking you, as well as different strengths and weaknesses. The real addictive part in this game is collecting scrap, earning upgrades for your car as well as your character and all the awesome ways you can dispatch enemies. The game environment is nothing short of epic, the game action is tons of fun, and the characters you meet are unique and interesting; I never get tired of hearing what the people in the game have to say. Truth be told I'm not a fan of cinematic cut scenes or too much dialogue in a game but in this game it was a pleasure to sit back and watch and listen to the interactions you have with all the characters you run into through out the game. If you like exploring open worlds with endless task and side missions(think borderlands or gta) this game is for you. And I crap on anyones opinion that this game starts to grind, personally I never tire of the gruesome ways you can kill enemies in this game both in hand combat and while driving your vehicle. I mean someone could say that GTA5 starts to grind because it's massive and has repetitive objectives as well, so what ever. People gonna hate thats all I can say. I gave this game a 9/10 just to counter the piss poor reviews but in reality it feels like a solid 8-8.5/10. Expand
  38. Sep 9, 2015
    Really not getting the mediocre reviews. This game is an absolute blast! Gorgeous graphics, Fun and exciting gameplay (particularly car combat), deep and satisfying customisation and the extensive "Mad Max" lore to be taken in throughout the game world. I'm giving this game a 9/10... It hasn't got boring for me, like some of the critics have stated. Just outrageously fun action, which isReally not getting the mediocre reviews. This game is an absolute blast! Gorgeous graphics, Fun and exciting gameplay (particularly car combat), deep and satisfying customisation and the extensive "Mad Max" lore to be taken in throughout the game world. I'm giving this game a 9/10... It hasn't got boring for me, like some of the critics have stated. Just outrageously fun action, which is what I expected and hoped for. Expand
  39. Sep 3, 2015
    I felt compelled to write a quick review after looking at some of the artificially low scores as well. This game is highly engaging, really interesting as far as expanding the Mad Max world. The story has me by the balls with whether Max is a messiah or not as he liberates the wastelands from tyrannical rule. I love the thought gone into most caves and enemy locations as things can beI felt compelled to write a quick review after looking at some of the artificially low scores as well. This game is highly engaging, really interesting as far as expanding the Mad Max world. The story has me by the balls with whether Max is a messiah or not as he liberates the wastelands from tyrannical rule. I love the thought gone into most caves and enemy locations as things can be really interesting to navigate and discover all the hidden loot in a place. I find the set up of the world and missions to be very similar to Infamous Second Son which turns the repetitive open world gameplay into a very interesting game as you can do everything at your own pace, and all effort you put into unlocking the entire world pays off as your home base gets built up more and more. I really like Mad Max as a franchise to begin so I am captivated all the time by this game. I like the aspects of having to refuel or rehydrate (even though I rarely need to fill my car's gas) as it puts you in the moment at all times and immerses you into the game constantly. This also touches on the low ammo in the world and using your resources wisely (harpoon can be a great option that doesn't run out of ammo but you must be in a car to use it). I went into the game not expecting much, and discovered that there is plenty for me to enjoy with Mad Max the video game. I am about 1/3rd finished and can't wait to dig deeper. BUY THIS GAME IF YOU ARE A MAD MAX FAN, ITS A MUST-BUY! Expand
  40. Sep 3, 2015
    A Fantastic adaption of the mad max franchise, the core elements of the game and executed very well, and the story and characters are rich and unique. The sounds of the game really set it apart, the roar your car makes when it starts up excites me every time. The physics elements add another dimension also, with the harpoon making every interaction a little more interesting. The criticsA Fantastic adaption of the mad max franchise, the core elements of the game and executed very well, and the story and characters are rich and unique. The sounds of the game really set it apart, the roar your car makes when it starts up excites me every time. The physics elements add another dimension also, with the harpoon making every interaction a little more interesting. The critics have been too harsh and pretentious with this game, trust the majority of gamers in my opinion. Expand
  41. Sep 5, 2015
    I've been playing a lot of the game, its really fun to play as there is lots to do in the vast open world. I would highly recommend getting the game for the ps4
  42. Sep 6, 2015
    Despite critics reviews, this is A GREAT GAME. I am thoroughly enjoying it, the Fighting is extremely satisfying (even though they borrowed it from Batman who borrowed it from Assassins Creed), and being able to customize your vehicle in so many ways is awesome... the story is decent, not the best but the characters are very interesting and different. This game is definitely worth the 60$,Despite critics reviews, this is A GREAT GAME. I am thoroughly enjoying it, the Fighting is extremely satisfying (even though they borrowed it from Batman who borrowed it from Assassins Creed), and being able to customize your vehicle in so many ways is awesome... the story is decent, not the best but the characters are very interesting and different. This game is definitely worth the 60$, anything cheaper would be a steal. I'm 30 hours in and 50% complete with the game. Well worth it and I'm having a hell of a time! Thanks Avalanche, can we get a sequel?

Pros
    Loads of customization
    Over 50 different vehicles you can drive
    Character Customization with different abilities
    Fighting mechanics are satisfying
    Sound design is top notch
    Attention to detail (graphics are very well done)

Cons
    There are some framerate issues here and there
    There are also some bugs that need patching
    Convoys don't respawn
    Side missions don't respawn so once you complete them thats it. no more left to do.

I have some youtube videos under fragtheplanet, come check em out!
  43. Sep 8, 2015
    Honestamente, não esperava que o jogo fosse assim tão bom...
    Estava com medo que fosse muito repetitivo...
    Para ser perfeito só se tivesse o modo Online
  44. Dec 27, 2015
    For someone that has not seen the latest movie the introduction felt a bit unexplainable and unconvincing, but the setup and the massive world makes up for pretty much of that. I like that you have to earn yourself favors to get different fractions to trust you, but still the missions get repetitive pretty fast. And you tend to loose interest.
  45. Nov 12, 2015
    The game is great fun for a short period of time. However, i personally found it to become very repetitive and simply got bored of it after about 8-10 hours.
  46. Sep 2, 2015
    I must admit that I was a bit concerned when I started seeing all the 'professional' reviews coming in... but after having played the game for a number of hours, I'm honestly wondering if the reviewers reviewed the same game I'm in the process of playing.

As with Shadow of Mordor, I've gotten more than I originally expected (even after having taken a look at the pre-release game-play streams). The driving is gritty, fun and feels and sounds just like I expect it should, the environment is dismally beautiful (and the graphics are far from disappointing), and the combat is just what I need after a long day of work... brutal, violent and visceral.

To all those, who enjoy the game as much as I do... see you in the wasteland!!
  47. Sep 2, 2015
    Great post-apocalyptic setting, everything you would expect from an open world game (side quests, exploration, collectibles), all with the Mad Max style. It gives a bit more insight into the world and lore of Mad Max. A ton of fun to play... I can't wait to jump back on and explore more of this world!
  48. Sep 1, 2015
    Great combat, both in and out of the car. Nice thematic setpieces throughout the environment like an abandoned airport, a dried out harbor, and etc. Decent story and really neat toolset to use inside the vehicle. Car combat is amazing btw, by far the best part of the game. Next to that though is the great customization you can do to you car to make it yours.
  49. Sep 1, 2015
    Well made atmosphere, only negative thing i say that missions are repetitive after some point but overall, worth the price. A good surprise from warner and interactive studios.
  50. Sep 1, 2015
    Great game for the fans of Mad Max, very enjoyable. I have been playing for over sixteen and a half hours now, and am satisfied as someone who knows the game's universe since waaaay back, in the old days.

Great car physics, speeding up and slowing down, the wasteland atmosphere is also there! Great job, Avalanche Studio.

what a lovely day!
  51. Sep 1, 2015
    This game a gas guzzling, explosion filled, romp through and harsh and treacherous wasteland. This game plays so smoothly and is just a joy to control and play! If you liked Fury Road and Just Cause you will most definitely like this game
  52. Sep 2, 2015
    Mad Max is just an amazing game, with a big lovely world!
    I love the combat and driving, you can upgrade very much things what makes it even better.
    Fighting feels really good and just the whole setting is cool!

Def 10/10
  53. Sep 1, 2015
    One of the most fun games of the current generation, the fighting cars are very incredible the best part of the game, the story is good, and the gameplay is very reminiscent of Batman and that's not bad because the combat is very fluid, worth playing, many analyzes from what I saw did not play even one hour of game, I do not believe in these 'analysts' bowl half, played for own account andOne of the most fun games of the current generation, the fighting cars are very incredible the best part of the game, the story is good, and the gameplay is very reminiscent of Batman and that's not bad because the combat is very fluid, worth playing, many analyzes from what I saw did not play even one hour of game, I do not believe in these 'analysts' bowl half, played for own account and I could see it really is a good game. Expand
  54. Sep 1, 2015
    Engaging, open world gameplay with loads of stuff to do. A bit repetitive but c'mon, which sandbox is not? Going to really enjoy this one. If You liked 'Fury Road', it is a must-must!
  55. Sep 1, 2015
    You want short review? Mad Max fans and fans of postapocalyptic games will really enjoy that. You can just go and wait what you going to find on the road- enemies, good action with mostly stunning visuals (weather effects), lots of hidden places and stuff and mostly - a lots of fun.
  56. Sep 1, 2015
    Received my copy early due the bank holiday and have to say the game is a lot of fun. If you liked the most recent of the Batman games you will very much enjoy this game unfortunately I believe that the game has suffered review wise as it has released the same day as Metal Gear 5 (which is fantastic) and many reviewers have compared the games which is unfair. Definitely worth picking ifReceived my copy early due the bank holiday and have to say the game is a lot of fun. If you liked the most recent of the Batman games you will very much enjoy this game unfortunately I believe that the game has suffered review wise as it has released the same day as Metal Gear 5 (which is fantastic) and many reviewers have compared the games which is unfair. Definitely worth picking if you enjoyed Batman or Shadow of Mordor. Expand
  57. Sep 2, 2015
    dudes it's Mad Max and its a game... and its finally here.. that plays and feels just like the wasteland we have all wanted to play since seeing road warrior the first time.. and it's solid good fun all the time.. awesome looking and nice twists on language.. just the Mad Max experience i was after..
  58. Sep 2, 2015
    Just play it. There, in wasteland, you´ll find all the fun that a car chase needs. Don´t be bothered by such "Iknoweverything" reviewers. Combat system is solid. Missons do their job nicely. There´s nothing like beat a car in a highspeed dusty highway.
  59. Sep 1, 2015
    After seeing so many mixed review for this game, I thought I had to say something. My Copy of Max was delivered the Saturday before release, perfect timing for what would have otherwise been a lonely weekend.

The game is a lot of fun, especially if you have just watched Fury Road. The car combat is very good and a lot of fun. Once you get hang of the time slowing mechanic and upgrade a few of the core parts of the car such as the harpoon and basic armour you will be able to chain together various moves to take out enemies in spectacular fashion.

The hand to hand combat is suitably brutal. Each punch feels like there is some genuine weight behind it. And the variety of combat upgrades in terms of finishers makes it seem even more visceral. I have seen a few reviews state that the combat is flat and boring, yet it plays exactly the same as Batman and Shadow of Mordor, so I can't seem to get peoples conclusions on that front.

The upgrading of both Max and the car are pretty wide. Most of the upgrades to Max are linear though, meaning it is just there to increase his armour states with various jackets, or his melee power with different knuckleduster gloves. The car upgrades are of a similar vain, with them progressing up the ladder of move armour, better weapons or faster engines, but you can make some genuinely individual looking monster to prowl the wasteland in.

On the PS4 the game looks gorgeous. From the sun-bleached desert to the explosions and debris sent flying after you slam in to an enemy vehicle, the game looks stunning. I have not noticed a single bit of pop up that others have mentioned in previous reviews. All the animations are fluid as well, from Max simply getting out the Magnum Opus to hand to hand combat, it all seems to flow seamlessly from one to the other.

All in all I love this game. I have spent 15 hours so far in the Wasteland and I have only just fortified my first stronghold, compared to Gamespot who said they had completed the game in this time. I am still a way away from completing to storyline and I am looking forward to sinking many more hours in to this to get it completed.

In my eyes, if you enjoyed the movies and enjoyed Shadow of Mordor, then I am sure you will enjoy this game as well.
  60. Sep 1, 2015
    I have only had Mad Max for about a day now and have not really gotten very far, but i can tell you this game is by far the most fun I have had in a long time. The car combat is satisfyingly brutal, the hand to hand is fantastic and with every blow I feel like I am crushing their bones with my fists. The landscape is vast and beautiful on the PS4 especially. The upgrade system is extensiveI have only had Mad Max for about a day now and have not really gotten very far, but i can tell you this game is by far the most fun I have had in a long time. The car combat is satisfyingly brutal, the hand to hand is fantastic and with every blow I feel like I am crushing their bones with my fists. The landscape is vast and beautiful on the PS4 especially. The upgrade system is extensive for both the Magnum Opus and Max. This game should be used as the bar for all next gen single player only game. There are no micro transactions or stupid little things that you need to jump through. Its just a vast single player experience that will grab your attention. If you love the old movies and even the new one, or maybe even like Shadow of Mordor or the Just Cause series, then this game is 100% for you. Expand
  61. dpc
    Sep 3, 2015
    Ridiculously fun and addictive. The world is truly gorgeous, immersive and so brilliantly designed, you can't help but want to keep exploring, go one more mission and scavenge just a bit more scrap. The controller layout is not the best, but you can change that if you want. I don't like the jump being L2 - I keep firing off the one bullet I have because every other game I ever played hasRidiculously fun and addictive. The world is truly gorgeous, immersive and so brilliantly designed, you can't help but want to keep exploring, go one more mission and scavenge just a bit more scrap. The controller layout is not the best, but you can change that if you want. I don't like the jump being L2 - I keep firing off the one bullet I have because every other game I ever played has jump in a different spot. I've seen lots of criticism of the combat, but I don't see the problem. It's fun and challenging and perfectly suited to the gameplay. Seriously, other than that, I'm having a great time with it and it's a welcome break from non-stop months of The Witcher and Elder Scrolls Online. Sometimes you just need to drive a car over a War Boy... Expand
  62. Sep 1, 2015
    This is a great game and it's a shame a lot of people will probably overlook it but they should have picked a different release date. Trying to compete with MGS 5 was a very bad move.
  63. Sep 1, 2015
    This game is fun....

That's it.... Well what I mean is that its not a masterpiece, its a repetitive, explosive, jaw dropping mess, but a damn good one at that. I compare this game with Cloud Atlas, yes a stupid comparison I know, but what I mean by this is that its a complete mess of epic proportions, with some things not fully thought through (Story, combat, world ect) but falls
    This game is fun....

That's it....

I compare this game with Cloud Atlas, yes a stupid comparison I know, but what I mean by this is that its a complete mess of epic proportions, with some things not fully thought through (Story, combat, world ect) but falls perfectly into place.
    Its an unbelievably fun game, the car combat, superb.
    The fighting, a very brutal version of the Arkham games.
    The gunplay, bloody as hell.

All these things are better in some other games, but all of them mixed together seems to make an epic mess that I can't stop playing.

This is a game that is far from perfect, but it is bloody brilliant. Even if the story aint that great.

64. Sep 4, 2015
    This game is nothing that we haven't seen before. However, that does not make it not fun to play, it is! I love the environment. Many have complained about it being bland. Well, it is a big ol' wasteland, what did you expect!? The game offers up a few different types of activities to do outside of the main quest. These are fairly repetitive but each is a bit different so it doesn'tThis game is nothing that we haven't seen before. However, that does not make it not fun to play, it is! I love the environment. Many have complained about it being bland. Well, it is a big ol' wasteland, what did you expect!? The game offers up a few different types of activities to do outside of the main quest. These are fairly repetitive but each is a bit different so it doesn't become oppressively repetitive. The upgrades come quick enough that you feel like you get a lot stronger pretty quickly which it nice. The combat is very batman-esque but does not have the expansive gadget list. You have a few weapons you can use but it does feel a bit restricted in parts. The car combat is fun and the difficulty is nice. You'll have some cake walks and then get your butt kicked. It evens it out fairly well. I'm a fan of the series so just being in that universe holds my attention. Others might not be as appreciative of that. Unless you are a Mad Max fan, I'd wait until the price drops a bit but it is a good buy! Expand
  65. Sep 2, 2015
    This game definitely scratches that Mad Max itch after seeing Fury Road. I'm sure some of the low scores its receiving is, in part, because it came out the same day as MGS 5, but the game can truly carry its own. It is extremely addictive, polished, and a hell of a lot of fun! Don't make up your mind based on negative reviews - if you want to experience the world of Mad Max, try the gameThis game definitely scratches that Mad Max itch after seeing Fury Road. I'm sure some of the low scores its receiving is, in part, because it came out the same day as MGS 5, but the game can truly carry its own. It is extremely addictive, polished, and a hell of a lot of fun! Don't make up your mind based on negative reviews - if you want to experience the world of Mad Max, try the game for yourself. Expand
  66. Sep 5, 2015
    Apocalypse WOW!
    I've always been a big fan of this genre ever since Car Wars and Auto Duel. Avalanche and WBIE have created an absolutely fantastic game that has done the Mad Max franchise proud!
    Shame on you Polygon and Gamespot! (and the smaller guys who jumped on the bandwagon as well!) Mad Max has been a complete joy to play! The graphics are awesome, the gameplay superb, and the
    Apocalypse WOW!
    Mad Max has been a complete joy to play! The graphics are awesome, the gameplay superb, and the carnage is delicious! Love Love LOVE this game! 10/10!
  67. Sep 1, 2015
    I am relatively surprised that this game get such a low score. It is actually a pretty damn fun game. Firstly, there is a lot of content in this game. Some of them may be repetitive and restricted, but most of them are fun to play with. The vehicular combat feels satisfying and explosive, the moment where you can ram enemies' vehicles, pull their tires off, as well as shotgunning the enemyI am relatively surprised that this game get such a low score. It is actually a pretty damn fun game. Firstly, there is a lot of content in this game. Some of them may be repetitive and restricted, but most of them are fun to play with. The vehicular combat feels satisfying and explosive, the moment where you can ram enemies' vehicles, pull their tires off, as well as shotgunning the enemy who is on top of the car have already made it an intense experience. The melee combat feels more advanced. It is still the Arkham and Mordor combat here, but with minor alterations, such as the explosive thunderstick. There is also customization, which is awesome, especially when Max is a bit under-powered at first.

I am half way through the story and I do not think they really put much focuses on it. which is fine, as the fun I found within the game has not been hampered by that. There is some interesting characters like Chumbucket in this game as well. The world may feel a bit bland and boring, given that the game is set in a desert, but it is natural. There is some nice little touches here and there to make locations more memorable. I mean, the only way to make the game to feel more colourful is to add forests and oceans to the game which is impractical and unwanted since this is a Mad Max game, it is suppose to look like a desert. (If you think that this game looks bland, it means it has nailed that aspect) This game has one of the best representation of a desert in my opinion. The worlds feel unpredictable, given that there may be a random storm coming for you.

I got to admit that there is some issues with it. For instance, the sense for "survival" is not really well-represented here. I do not really feel it when I am playing the game. While the Big Nothing does its job well, its feels a bit gimmicky.

I do feel that the developer puts heart into developing the game. Gotta commend Avalanche for not creating a movie tie-in game and invest time in the universe and make an original game with their own vision. While there is some flaws and not really innovative, this is one of the most entertaining game and the best vehicular combat game around
  68. Sep 1, 2015
    I was a little scared by the reviews, but being a fan of the Mad Max movies i couldn't let the oportunity to be immersed in this universe splip away. I'm 4 hours into the game and it looks and feels amazing. It's got the movies spirit and it's definately a must buy for any true Mad Max fan out there.
  69. Sep 2, 2015
    Absolutely loving this game! Has a great desolate vibe to it. The car mechanics are great, on foot is also great plus there is an upgrage system not just for the car but Max too! Sounds awesome on the tv and stereo but sounds even better on headphones and despite the beautiful music, turning it down enhances the lonely feeling of being in the desert plus you can zero in on some events youAbsolutely loving this game! Has a great desolate vibe to it. The car mechanics are great, on foot is also great plus there is an upgrage system not just for the car but Max too! Sounds awesome on the tv and stereo but sounds even better on headphones and despite the beautiful music, turning it down enhances the lonely feeling of being in the desert plus you can zero in on some events you might miss if the music is drowning it out so definitely play around with the settings to get your vibe on! Highly recommend this game! Expand
  70. Sep 1, 2015
    An incredible game, a sensational universe to be explored, very good, there can be repetitive missions, but certainly a very neat game with amazing graphics and customization of vehicles a touch of refinement to the game. Congratulations Avalanche Studios and Warner for this pleasant surprise. Note 1000 for this game.
  71. Sep 1, 2015
    Honestly I can't believe this game got such low scores. I'll admit it wont be for everyone but if you're a fan of games like Far Cry and its bases to take over, Batman: Arkham Knight and its powerful combat, or Assassins Creed Black Flag with its many islands to explore and loot to completion, then I seriously suggest checking Mad Max out.

There's hardly a story. This is sadly true. But

There's hardly a story. This is sadly true. But in all honesty, I wouldn't have paid attention to it anyway. I find myself constantly skipping cutscenes in order to get back to exploration and explosions.
    Points against the game:

The game lacks any survival element which is going to be a let down for some but personally I won't miss it. The game is about pure, unadulterated action. I believe survival needs would hinder this experience, who wants to stop for water in the middle of blowing up cars with a shotgun?

Another point that was given against Mad Max was that it features a fast travel system and this took away from the experience. I'll say this once, if you dont like it, don't use it. Its there as an option in case you want to use it for whatever reason.

Positive points for the game:

Where do I begin? The strongest point has to be car combat. This is where the game really shines. Easy to get to grips with but difficult to master as having to handle flamethrowers, ramming from the enemy vehicles and enemies on top of the car trying to bash your skull in is tricky, but achievable. And its moments like this that create some of the greatest non-scripted action sequences in gaming this year.

On foot combat is also a blast. Its heavy, powerful and if the wasteland gets a WWE then Max is gonna be a champion. However, it isn't a walk in the park. If you venture into an enemy camp that's too difficult, you're gonna get slaughtered.

The visuals of this game are gorgeous, the landscape is fun to explore, the characters are diverse and interesting, the customisation of your car is incredible and the whole game is just pantomime with the backdrop of a desolate wasteland - A whole lot of silly fun!

I recommend this game 100% to anyone who enjoys cars, fighting, exploration and explosions.
  72. Sep 6, 2015
    I was wondering when I pre-ordered and then seen some of the low scores from reviews if i had wasted my money. Thankfully the game is better than what I expected there are some niggles but i was finding I was spending hours trying to do the next upgrade or stronghold. If you want a tie in to the movie this isn't it but after playing for a while I didn't care I just enjoyed finding the nextI was wondering when I pre-ordered and then seen some of the low scores from reviews if i had wasted my money. Thankfully the game is better than what I expected there are some niggles but i was finding I was spending hours trying to do the next upgrade or stronghold. If you want a tie in to the movie this isn't it but after playing for a while I didn't care I just enjoyed finding the next place to infiltrate and clear. Having more fun than I had in destiny and that had more money poured at it. Expand
  73. Sep 3, 2015
    I don't understand some of the mediocre review scores this game is getting, to be fair a lot of the reviews that are saying negative or average things about this game are from sites i've rarely heard of, like magazines that happen to have someone review games that don't really play them all that much but the review sites that I frequent the most and trust are pretty positive ranging fromI don't understand some of the mediocre review scores this game is getting, to be fair a lot of the reviews that are saying negative or average things about this game are from sites i've rarely heard of, like magazines that happen to have someone review games that don't really play them all that much but the review sites that I frequent the most and trust are pretty positive ranging from 9.0 to 8.5 and I agree with those reviewers, this game is so well made and extremely fun, I sat down to try this before metal gear for an hour and that turned into about 6 hours, then 10 and now i'm about 21 hours into it and haven't opened metal gear yet, I haven't beat the game yet but i'm through enough of it to say this is an excellent game, excellent graphics, great atmosphere, No technical problems, i'm giving this a 9.0 but to compensate for so many average reviews i'm gonna say 10 because this game deserves much better then some of the reviews it's been getting. Expand
  74. Oct 24, 2015
    Mad Max is a bad game, After reading many negative critic reviews, I still decided to give the game a try, but most of those reviews were right. The game is shallow, repetitive and pretty boring.

Combat system is way too simple. Thinka about a ultra minimalist version of Shadows of Mordor fights, and thats what you will get here. Car combats are silly, since your enemies just hit

Car combats are silly, since your enemies just hit their cars against yours, and thats it.

Story is really, really bad. Actually there is no story at all for most part of the game, since most of the main story quests will be "collect scraps to upgrade your car".

Graphics are the best part of the game. The wasteland is huge and beautiful to watch, but I just realized I was spending more time taking pictures in the photo mode than actually enjoying the gameplay.

Despite being beautiful, there is not enough to do in the wasteland. That makes a bad combination with the stupid main quests that won't let you advance unless you upgrade your car. For example, at some point my main quest was to collect 300 scraps. So I went looking for scraps. After I just found an outpost, defeated 10 enemies, all I got was 40 scraps. Guess what, there won't be any scraps sources nearby, then I had to drive gain untill I found more 20 scraps. Repeat. Then I realized I was driving and driving for more than one hour looking for scraps.

Next mission: I had to find another base that I could use to upgrade my car. When I found that base, then here comes next mission: collect 200 scraps to upgrade your car. Thats Mad Max for you.

The game is really lazy. Nowadays some developers are just using the "open world" term to sell games, without putting effort in creating a unique experience. I have to admit I'm one of those guys that gets excited when you can freely explore a huge world, but Mad Max is boring and lifeless.

Just a forgettable game released in 2015. Get this one on sale if you are willing to give it a try.
  75. Sep 6, 2015
    one of the best games of the year so far. don't know why the critics are hating on this! will give it 10/10. amazing story and replay value is there!!! continue exploring and upgrading :D
  76. Sep 3, 2015
    Gostei muito, o jogo incentiva a exploração, um grande mundo aberto e um combate divertido! Além de ter uma infinidade de itens para customizar.
    Recomendo demais!
  77. Sep 1, 2015

what a lovely day!
  78. Sep 2, 2015
    Great game, lots of fun!

Mad Max atmosphere = check! Great car combat = check! Awesome graphics = Check! Visceral & Gruesome melee combat = check! Just good ol' fun game to play = check! Fun sidekick = check! Wasteland dog buddy = check! Stayed up late last night playing it = check! Looking forward to playing it later today after work = check! I think this is a good way to
    Great game, lots of fun!

Mad Max atmosphere = check!
    Great car combat = check!
    Awesome graphics = Check!
    Visceral & Gruesome melee combat = check!
    Just good ol' fun game to play = check!
    Fun sidekick = check!
    Wasteland dog buddy = check!
    Stayed up late last night playing it = check!
    Looking forward to playing it later today after work = check!
    I think this is a good way to review games = check! :)
  79. Sep 2, 2015
    Not only the best movie license game I've ever played, but also the best game I've played this year. Beautiful, frantic and above all - fun. Definitely pick this up if you're a fan of driving games, brawlers, survival games or third-person shooters.

9.5/10
  80. Sep 2, 2015
    Mad Max is the best game I've played in couple of years. I can't wait to get back to this crazy ride. This game is absolutely awesome! So many things you can do in the desert..
  81. Sep 3, 2015
    Atmosphere is what Mad Max does best. A solid game in its own right, but for anyone who enjoyed any one of the films this will provide a treat like few other games.
    Fights feel brutal, cars feel heavy and dangerous, the environment feels dry and dirty and the characters feel like survivors intent on getting by, even if that means going through you.
    Decent things are: There's plenty to
    Decent things are: There's plenty to do, and a lot of it you can find yourself or stumble across accidentally... besides the "to follow the main quest go here" pointer you can do as you please. Combat flows brilliants, both on foot and in vehicle. Customisation options for the car and max are fun and extensive.
    On the downside, i feel the control of Max himself to be frustrating at time, the jump function so far feel pointless yet i keep trying to find a use for it when looking for hidden things, and maybe its just me but it being on the L2 button feel awkward. Also, shotgun being the default weapon when you get into the magnum opus has annoyed me royally! my head assumes the infinite use harpoon should be the default, and this misconception has cost me quite a bit of an already scarce amount of ammo!

Something id like to see patched in later or made as DLC is a slightly harder version. health, water and petrol feel way too easy to come by and i never felt at risk in the game. A slightly more hardcore mode would be appreciated!

All in all a very solid enjoyable title, that's gorgeous looking and allows you to blow of some steam mashing some skulls at your own pace.
  82. Oct 21, 2015
    This is one of those "me too" games that can't even pull that off very well. This is a bad cross between GTA and the Batman Arkham series. What's offered is a LOT of fetch quests, get from Point A to Point B missions, and clear out this spot to take it over quests. The non-vehicle combat borrows heavily from the Batman Arkham series, and doesn't quite make it work. The combat feels sloppyThis is one of those "me too" games that can't even pull that off very well. This is a bad cross between GTA and the Batman Arkham series. What's offered is a LOT of fetch quests, get from Point A to Point B missions, and clear out this spot to take it over quests. The non-vehicle combat borrows heavily from the Batman Arkham series, and doesn't quite make it work. The combat feels sloppy in comparison to even Batman Arkham Asylum.

Too much of the boring crap and nothing of any significance to make it compelling...just another "meh" game at best. What a waste of the license. So much potential wasted...
  83. Sep 1, 2015
    This game is absolutely amazing! It really gives the feel of surviving in the post-apocalyptic wasteland from the films. The mechanics make it feel like a derivative mashup of the Arkham games as well as a touch of Assassin's Creed: Black Flag thrown in for good measure. It's a shame that it was released the same day as MGS5, because this game truly is a gem that deserves to be played byThis game is absolutely amazing! It really gives the feel of surviving in the post-apocalyptic wasteland from the films. The mechanics make it feel like a derivative mashup of the Arkham games as well as a touch of Assassin's Creed: Black Flag thrown in for good measure. It's a shame that it was released the same day as MGS5, because this game truly is a gem that deserves to be played by any current gen console owner. Expand
  84. Sep 1, 2015
    Oh what a lovely game! The graphics are gorgeous, the lighting is fantastic, the hand to hand combat is brutally satisfying and fun, the car combat is addictive and challenging at times and the fact that you can literally go anywhere is AMAZING. I literally spent most of my time driving around the wasteland and taking in the sites. Also there are no borders or invisible walls in this game.Oh what a lovely game! The graphics are gorgeous, the lighting is fantastic, the hand to hand combat is brutally satisfying and fun, the car combat is addictive and challenging at times and the fact that you can literally go anywhere is AMAZING. I literally spent most of my time driving around the wasteland and taking in the sites. Also there are no borders or invisible walls in this game. The outter boundaries are called the big nothing and it's full of sandstorms and tornadoes that can kill you in seconds. It's so fun to mess around in the wasteland even though the stories is paper thin the customization of max and the magnum opus are vast and full of variety. Some of the side missions can become repetitive but all and all this is an amazing game that I highly recommend. Welcome to the wasteland Expand
  85. Sep 3, 2015
    Reviews are a subjective thing, but still, it's as if some of these critics are playing a different game than I am.

I urge you to seek out video reviews of this game that are made by passionate gamers if only to get another side of the opinion. As for myself, I am enjoying this game way more than any release in several months. it's beautiful, the car combat is awesome, and slowly growing in power (upgrades) is a good feeling.
  86. Sep 2, 2015
    Just awesome! It's simple, fun, beautiful and brutal! That's everything I was expecting from this game. The combat is a bit limited and simple, but I don't think it's a negative point. It's easy to handle and it's very satisfying to feel Max punching the enemies. I really liked the animations in the game, contrary to what most people are saying. Max in this game is not a super hero, or aJust awesome! It's simple, fun, beautiful and brutal! That's everything I was expecting from this game. The combat is a bit limited and simple, but I don't think it's a negative point. It's easy to handle and it's very satisfying to feel Max punching the enemies. I really liked the animations in the game, contrary to what most people are saying. Max in this game is not a super hero, or a super soldier, he is a really very tough guy, that runs and fights the way he knows how to do it, and I think the game shows it perfectly! The car driving in the beginning was a little difficult but quickly I got used to it. For me it's a 10 cause I bought this game to have fun in the Wasteland with one of my favorite movie characters of all times, and I never expected too much of the story, if it is good, it's gonna be a bonus, if it's not, perfectly ok for me. For me, this game being repetitive is not a bad thing, because I have lots of fun playing it! Expand
  87. Sep 22, 2015
    Macnificent game! I can't understand what the bad reviews are for!!! Clearly its people who just don't like the idea of mad max and the desert like world! The only other reason there is pure stupidity! Thanks Warner, yet again you made a great game!
  88. Sep 27, 2015
    It's just an outstandingly average game. Gameplay is a quite fun but the narrative and thematic aspects are definitely sub-standard. The world is very pretty, which was unexpected for a post-apocalypse game.
  89. Oct 14, 2015
    I enjoyed this much more than I thought I would. Better than Shadow of Mordor for me (which everyone compares it to). The fighting is repetitive and simple its true, but yet it is still strangely satisfying as many others have said.

This game and the reviews its been getting have once again shown that Users scores are much more important than the critics. The gap is becoming so much wider these days and thats very worrying.
  90. Dec 8, 2015
    starts of nicely, but then gets boring very quickly

the good: cool open world the bad: story is not that good dialogue is bad main character is a bit annoying the car missions are boring you have to repeatedly do the same missions is multiple areas over and over again (even something as small as lighting the balloon -think of it as assasins creed vantage points scattered along
    starts of nicely, but then gets boring very quickly

the good:
    cool open world

the bad:
    story is not that good
    dialogue is bad
    main character is a bit annoying
    the car missions are boring
    you have to repeatedly do the same missions is multiple areas over and over again (even something as small as lighting the balloon -think of it as assasins creed vantage points scattered along the city- gets tedious in this game)
    customizing the car

its fun if you enjoy open world games, but I did not fine an added element in this game which sets it apart, the car was not that great.
  91. Sep 17, 2015
    i just played the game ..game starting only drive me crazy,superb graphics and vast beautiful wasteland,i was surprise to see low critic score,gameplay is extremely fun and brutal.developers made huge effort to show this beautiful brutal wasteland,the characters which comes have fantastic appearances with very good makeover and one more thing i loved cinematic intro,play and enjoy
  92. Oct 18, 2015
    Fortunately this game is not as big of a disappointment as people say it is:

Pros:
    Looks Great
    Awesome Story
    Epic Car and Melee Combat
    Clever Survival Methods

Cons:
    Minor Graphical quirks in cutscenes
    Some Awkward Car Mechanics

PS4: 8/10
    XONE:7/10 (XONE has some frame rate issues with the game that currently take lots from the action.
    PC: 8/10
  93. Sep 25, 2015
    Sure it's a Single player game but when it's made by Avalanche Studios, it's going to be a blast. My expectations were confirmed when I received this game. The satisfaction of the brutal on foot and vehicle combat takes me back to the good old days of burnout, but in a more mature fashion. Shooting the fuel tank with a shotgun or pulling off brutal takedowns on foot in fury mode is soSure it's a Single player game but when it's made by Avalanche Studios, it's going to be a blast. My expectations were confirmed when I received this game. The satisfaction of the brutal on foot and vehicle combat takes me back to the good old days of burnout, but in a more mature fashion. Shooting the fuel tank with a shotgun or pulling off brutal takedowns on foot in fury mode is so satisfying. Collecting all the collectibles can become a bit OCD but discovering hidden areas and parts to build up your strongholds always gives you something to do. Will provide me with over 50 hours of entertainment minimum until I near 100%, the game also has up to 10 auto save slots meaning you can play through it many times in different ways. Expand
  94. Sep 29, 2015
    This is an incredible game! I have the platinum and still wanna continue exploring the world.
    Please dont listen to some of the "professional" reviews, most of the reviewers who reviewed Mad max are Mgs fanboys who are afraid of a little competition from a little studio in sweden.
    Plus this game has a real ending and all, no need to buy the collectors edition with a blueray disc containing the real ending ;) phantom pain fans know what im talking about hahahaha

Mad Max is pure wasteland magic and has never been portrayed in a better way, plus its graphically stunning! All that makes it the best debut of the year, no contest at all. My runner up for goty as The witcher 3 is unbeatable this year.
  95. Oct 17, 2015
    I really don't understand the hate. It's a beautiful and entertaining game in a gloriously wonderful universe.

Sure, there a repetitive moments like any open world game but at it's core the vehicle sections are phenomenal and the combat is on par with the Batman games.
  96. Dec 13, 2015
    An open world game should mean more than just being open world. It should be filled with several different environments, activities, characters, etc. With the release of several open world games this year it might be hard to determine which game should you buy.

Mad Max reviews on PS4 I waited to play this game until a price drop due to some of the low scores and also because other

Mad Max reviews on PS4

I waited to play this game until a price drop due to some of the low scores and also because other games being out such as The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt, etc.However, after playing this game for several hours I had to create an account on metacritic just to give my opinion and maybe help others decide to buy or not buy.

The good:
    Graphics are beautiful; I have never seen a wasteland look more amazing (sorry Fallout 4).
    Story is actually really good once you are open to the idea of this being a "Mad Max" world and setting. It's goes along with all of the movies setting the tone where it should be.
    Soundtrack is also great which sets the tone for the game.
    Characters in the game are insane, crazy, and completely out of their minds, which is perfect for this setting.
    Car and character customization is a really nice feature that allows the player to step back and see their progress and character development.

The Bad:
    Sometimes the repetitive missions within the vast open world can feel a bit to much at times.

Overall, this is a must own game for anyone who is a fan of Mad Max or an open world fan. Sure this game isn't as vast and expansive as the The Witcher 3 but I found it to be better than some of the other games out right now that are getting a higher score than this game. I really don't know why the critics rated this game with some of the low scores, it just doesn't make any sense?
  97. Oct 18, 2015
    Boring as hell, the sand storms are the dumbest mechanic you could add to a game and it's all identical, you just repeat the same 3 things ad infinitum, the game tries to make you play secondary missions which are even more of a giant waste of time, making you repeat the same thing for hours. All mechanics are made so that you waste one more second of your time to this piece of junk. It'sBoring as hell, the sand storms are the dumbest mechanic you could add to a game and it's all identical, you just repeat the same 3 things ad infinitum, the game tries to make you play secondary missions which are even more of a giant waste of time, making you repeat the same thing for hours. All mechanics are made so that you waste one more second of your time to this piece of junk. It's also buggy, the console can't render the graphics for **** making for cutscenes where the characters have big areas of the same colour instead of details. It's overall unpolished and the commands are confusing, with r2 to run, l2 to jump, O to shoot the gun (of which losing a round is a rather big deal).
    Again, it's painfully built on the idea that it really wants you to spend time doing nothing. To take something from the ground you have to wait a couple of seconds, to talk with a guy you have to wait a couple of seconds for the conversation even to start, to have markers on the map you have to spend five minutes of a montgolfier slowly going to the air, you selecting every single marker you see and it going back down. The combat is pressing the same button for 15 minutes with a rare second button to keep pressed to win any fight ever.

I guess people really need an excuse to throw their time away doing nothing and they really like it. That or marketers have put quite the effort into making this look appreciated, notice how all 10 points reviews are from 1 and 2 september. I also saw them on other sites, claiming this to be the greatest game ever after not even a day of it coming out.
  98. Sep 1, 2015
    I give this game a 9.0, but am raising to 10 to counter low scores given by users who have clearly not played the game.

Great post-apocalyptic setting, everything you would expect from an open world game (side quests, exploration, collectibles), all with the Mad Max style. It gives a bit more insight into the world and lore of Mad Max. A ton of fun to play, although the combat system can be a little tedious (think Middle Earth SOM). I can't wait to jump back on and explore more of this world!
  99. Sep 4, 2015
    after checking out the game it's to bad this game got a little above average scores on most of the review sites I still think it's because it is going to competing against MGSolid V which is a really good game. But just like this game it hold it's own. 2 great games for September next big release is NBA 2k16 baby.
  100. Sep 1, 2015
    Giving a game a 10 or a -0- is WRONG and I won't do it anymore. Even if to balance out haters or people who pretend they have a stake in on console over the other...
    --i actually watched gameplay footage Monday night and decided then to get this instead of Metal Gear. That + me thinking Metal Gear Ground-Forces was kinda boring..I will get it soon I'm sure...
    This game is awesome and if
    This game is awesome and if you loved Midlle ERth Mordor and Batman style of fighting then you'll instantly connect with this..
    --Car combat is kinda gay but it gets fun..similar to batmans bat mobile.
    --The story isn't as vanilla as reviewers claim(meta & ign).... I suspect the story will heat up soon as I'm only 1 session in...

--a 10 score is supposed to mean "masterpiece" like Last of us of Fallout3 or Oblivion. And a 0 is supposed to be ET or any broken game..

--awesome setting makes one hope if an apocalypse does co e that one doesn't need to protect his wife of family.,lol instant victims..

1. Nov 9, 2015
    The best open world games nowadays are an expansion of the form, but Mad Max is highly regressive in far too many areas to be meaningful.
  2. Pelit (Finland)
    Nov 5, 2015
    Mad Max used its imagery well, and as a sandbox game, it's thematically pretty coherent. I actually liked this more than GTA V: driving around is more exiting, and Batman-style fist fighting is more fun than Gears of GTA -cover shootouts. [Oct 2015]
  3. Play UK
    Oct 25, 2015
    A functional open world game, Mad Max captures none of what makes its source material great. Missions are uninteresting, the world is dead and there are next to no damn car chases. [Issue#262, p.64]