7.7

1. May 27, 2017
    I played almost all MK games in previous gens. This is the best looking of all time. Graphics & mechanics are all excellent. The new characters idea was fine. Fights are realistic. The big Con is the REGION base servers, shame on NetheRealm!!!. This is ridiculous. You can only play with same region friends.
  2. Jun 9, 2016
    While i haven't beat the game i have seen all it has to offer. This is the full game which lacks some content still like more arenas. Price wise this would be ok for x as xl. I cant wait during this game drought. I don't really play mortal kombat, i've played the classics. The fighting is basic mortal kombat moves split into 3 types. The classic combos are there. The animationsWhile i haven't beat the game i have seen all it has to offer. This is the full game which lacks some content still like more arenas. Price wise this would be ok for x as xl. I cant wait during this game drought. I don't really play mortal kombat, i've played the classics. The fighting is basic mortal kombat moves split into 3 types. The classic combos are there. The animations immediately get repeative though, they always do the same thing, a slight body movement would really help, it's boring. The games graphics are spliced between cgi and realtime, sometimes you can tell and it's jarring. They're okay.The story is weak, but i've never seen one that does it like this, it's well done for the movie fight intigration. The fatalities are the same in that they splice them from sections of the screen. They are gorey and disturbing, it's mortal kombat.Also there's a couple and they're repeative like the animations. Theres no advanced combo system multiplier. I have a chronomax, ialready know the multiplayer online isn't fair. It's a good 2d fighting game. Ps4 gets it for share play. I might play it or sell it later im not sure they don't make fighting games often and i prefer 3d ones which are even rarer. Expand
  3. Jun 6, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Pros:
    1-X-ray and Fatalities are awesome.
    2-Endings for each character in tower fighting
    3-the graphic and physics are worked quite well
    4- the sound and audio for each character is good.
    5-the game-play has got much more better and challengive
    6-QTE Epic scenes in story.
    7-Being all the DLCs and Skins and Characters in one package.

Cons:
    1-The game is fun playing but it gets boring after a while you tried every each combo and x-ray and fatalities.
    2-the krypt mini-game is trying to be fun by jumping a spider or a wolf at you (in first-person view) once in a while and the whole purpose is to find items to unlock doors to get to the new places to unlock things(Like fatalities and skins etc.)
    I guess it would be better if we could unlock them by just simply buying them in an upgrading menu so we could easily upgrade whoever we wanted.
    3-the story is good but its shallow and sometimes stupid so you have to beat some one 10 times with different characters ......
    stupid because there in the end when you reach white lotus temple with Cassie Cage and her team they can not beat up Kitana all to gather and Takeda and Briggs got hurt but after you beat Kitana alone then the two wounded teammate(Briggs and Takeda) keep up the fight against 5 power-full enemy including Kitana....
    4-The Online fighting is also fine but it lacks balanced match-making because even if you are a newbie you have to face even greater player with experience in the game so they don't let you take a breath in each round .

Conclusion:
    Mortal Kombar XL is a fun game to play but it's not just Great!

1. CD-Action
    May 30, 2016
    The ultimate edition of the best fighting game currently available. [05/2016, p.59]
  2. Apr 6, 2016
    This is still that good fighting game from last year, without any significant additions nor massive changes besides new characters and cosmetics. With improved netcode and all balance fixes NetherRealm has released so far, Mortal Kombat XL is nearly a flawless victory.
  3. Mar 17, 2016
    Mortal Kombat XL is the total package for newcomers, with a lot of content and fighters included. The first day fans however pay a hefty price to get all the new content.