6.8

1. Jun 4, 2014
    This game is absolutely amazing The visuals, the gameplay, are all spectacular and it's refreshing. they have completely redefined storytelling in gaming with this masterpiece. It's about being a detective and boy, does it ever do it well.
  2. Jun 3, 2014
    This game is a lot of fun, not sure why the professional reviewers hate it so much. Maybe they're expecting it to be a fast-paced action game or something like that which it definitely isn't.

It's a detective game with an interesting story and characters that draws you in. It's also pretty novel in that you're playing a criminal-turned-detective's ghost who's trying to find the identity
    of his killer. You spend the game collecting clues to figure out your killer's identity while stopping along the way to help out other lost souls in little sidequests where you figure out how they died so they can pass on. There are also lots of collectibles, some of which provide background for the story, such as notes left by the main character's wife, or that unlock stories about unsolved crimes connected to hauntings. You end up collecting a lot of clues and you have to figure out which ones will help you solve whatever crime you're working on. They make sense and its fun. You can also posess the living, and while you can't move them, you can help them remember and eavesdrop on their conversations or thoughts. You can, however, posess cats which allow you to reach places you can't reach on your own. Everything about the game makes sense...you can't walk through the outdoor walls of buildings that have been consecrated, the demons you have to sneak past to take down from behind are souls who never passed on, etc. The mood the game sets just enhances the experience, being creepy and immersive.

Overall, this game is a lot of fun. Story is great, gameplay is fun, voice acting is well done. The only drawback is the graphics aren't as fancy as some of the other games coming out this year, but they are still pretty decent, especially the lip synching. If you like story-driven games, or mystery/adventure games then you'll probably like this game. If you want this game to be a gritty shooter, then go buy Max Payne instead, because you won't get that with this game.
  3. Jun 4, 2014
    I really don't understand the bad reviews for this game. If you like the narrative based detective type genre, you will love this game. It is not action-packed, nor is it supposed to be. That being said, it is not boring either, as long as you like a good story and piecing clues together. I took a chance and bought this even with the professional reviewers defecating all over the game. I'm very glad I did as it is a very rewarding experience in my opinion. I have only had one bug so far, when I used the "peek" option on a cop at the very beginning to see his notepad it wouldn't let me move the cursor on screen. I had to reload the latest checkpoint then all was fine. Other than that small thing, the game has been great. Expand
  4. Jun 4, 2014
    I don't understand all the low reviews for this game ? This is not an action game it was never promoted as an action game its a fun puzzle game at it's core with a rich and compelling world. The demons and the little bit of combat that is in the game is perfect anymore would really be a drag and break the immersion. It's not a perfect game but it is a very fun game with a damn good story. If you are going into this game expecting lots of action instead of lots of exploration then yeah you are not going to be very happy.But since i am tired of all the FPS clones out now that are instantly forgettable i'm glad some developers have chosen to go a different route and give us something different to play. The game is a solid 8.5 and i would recommend it to everyone tired of run n gun shooters. Expand
  5. Jun 11, 2014
    THIS is what's wrong with the industry. Reviewers and websites want to insure business, They do that by "pleasing" the majority, and they do that by guessing what the majority would and wouldnt like and let that bias affect their own review of the games. This works sadly. But that is also why many who would enjoy a game such as Murdered Soul Suspect won't even try it. Sad reality.

This
    game doesnt have "action" it doesnt have shooting, stealing cars, and destruction. And it is better for it. In its own genre and taken as a separate entity, this game shines.
    It is a mix of old school adventure atmosphere, smartass detective work, it is slow but it is great. The Story keeps you interested, the acting is top notch, the relationship between the main character and his partner is akin that of Booker and Elizabeth in Bioshock Infinite.
    This game is fun and funny, ok in some areas and amazing in others. It is a relaxing experience, and one that should be experienced. You'll feel like you are watching Ghost (the Demi Moore and Patrick Swayze flick) at times, at others it'll be a Tex Murphy experience.

It is a fun and enjoyable experience, I am more than glad I bought this game, and if this genre is your cup of tea, you will be quite glad you had this adventure. You can't beat possessing poeple and reading their thoughts.

Buy this game and enjoy it, if you have your doubts, wait for a sale. But don't miss it.
  6. Ed_
    Jun 5, 2014
    I am always up to a great cop story. No matter if it is realist L.A. Noire or ghostly Murdered: Soul Suspect. I simply love police work and investigation and this game perfectly gives it back.

Pros.: Fantastic story, no difficulty with controls, great sounds and graphics.
    Cons.: Sometimes more explanation would be needed on missions. There could have been more potential in the game.

When I first played with the game, I was skeptical because I didn't think I would enjoy the gameplay without actually doing anything as a ghost but I was mistaken. Things will be strange first, like you can't get into buildings through the doors or can't easily find your way to a location. Later you will get used to it and will surely enjoy game. When you have to collect clues, make up the story in your head and then finally get a cutscene where everything what happened will be shown is just amazing. Amazing like controlling a cat by possessing it.
    Characters are well written. You will get to know them very well, you can feel that they were part of Ronan's life and you can completely sympathize with them. The afterlife-Ronan's friends and allies are also likeable and has definitive goals.
    All in all, it is an enjoyable and first-class game. I don't understand how some people and even professional reviewers can give it a negative or mixed review. Try the game, I am sure you will like it if you like investigation and some mystery.
  7. Jun 4, 2014
    This game awesome. Absolutely better than king of this genre - Alan Wake. Great graphic with good sound ambient make it -game of the year. maybe the story of it not new. We seen it before in RIPD and etc. But who say that we can't rewrite this with some improvements which gracefully turn it in all new story.
  8. Aug 9, 2014
    If you are looking for a game with combat or stealth or something of this nature, stay away from it, as the game is not one of those types of games. This game is in the vein of something like La Noire or Beyond Two Souls, it is a game about looking for clues, investigating, and occasionally using your ghost powers. If having constant gameplay is something you dont need, youll get drawn in by the world of the game, which is very well thought out. Your main character is not the usual archetype. He is a bit of a badboy, being a wiseass who chainsmokes, but truly wants to help, and not just because he is dead. There are some pretty interesting characters and a story that has a unique twist to it and not an ending you can easily call out. It is a fun game, and I rate it an 8.5, I edged it to a 9 due to some of the bad user reviews on here that complaim about lack of aforementioned gameplay aspects. The problems with the game are 3 things: 1) it is too linear, it doesnt have any kind of branching like LA Noire does. It is also om the short side, took me around 9 or 10 hours to complete. And the final part of the game, if you are a completionist and want to do everything for a trophy, youll want to wait to do it until you complete ALL of the side stuff. You can 100% this in the first playthrough, but you wont be able to go back once you go to the final part, youll have to start a new save if yoi wanna do that stuff, which is just a glaring flaw, but one that at the same time is really small. Expand
  9. Jul 8, 2014
    In my opinion, the video game was great. Sure, it wasn't the longest game, and it's no Outlast, but the story and the experience and the graphics, and so many other things to this game were outstanding to me. Maybe not the critics or the other users, but this game, by far, is one my favorites.
  10. Jun 4, 2014
    This was one of the few games I have played thus far this year that really drew me in and makes me want to play more. While I will be among the first to admit the game has technical flaws, they really didn't detract much form the experience. The story is the game's real draw, and it's fascinating. Ronan and Joy may start out a bit stereotypical, but flesh out really fast into characters you honestly start to care about. Combat is a nice break here and there, but isn't overdone, and the demon's screams are truly chilling. Murdered is a nice change from all the FPS franchises and straight action games that seem to make up the majority of games coming out. Expand
  11. Jul 28, 2014
    There are a lot of haters but I did my research and after beating it on my x1 I bought it for my ps4 since it was on sale and as a die hard point and click adventure fan for games like syberia , Dracula , still life , this game feels like that genres spiritual successor on the consoles and I loved the story it had me wanting to keep going just to find out who the big baddie is . A lot of people just bought it thinking it was a shooter type game so they bash it but for what style it is it is at the top of the . list two thumbs up for me . Expand

1. Oct 2, 2014
    If you're looking for a relaxing way to spend a rainy afternoon, Murdered fits the bill, but that's about it.
  2. Aug 25, 2014
    I expected Murdered to be an interesting, modern adventure game. Instead I got a very shallow story paired with irritating gameplay mechanics. [08/2014, p.52]
  3. An interesting concept with half-decent story beats, dragged to hell by shonky puzzles, odd dialogue jumps and bugs that are far more terrifying than the subject matter. [Aug 2014, p.87]