6.5

1. Feb 18, 2015
    First of all, let's talk about the story, which was boring as I didn't care to listen after the the first mission's boring dialogue. However I do know it comes to you through conversations with allied pilots and an AI plus an opening (and ending) cutscene.

The gameplay, on the other hand, is fun when you get used to it (after the first couple of missions) and you really start to float around space easily and you can quickly shoot down other enemy fighter ships. However, the game does become frustrating when you have fight large enemy cruisers and other large warships as you get pulled towards them and when you crash it obliterates your health like nothing else in the game. Because of this I found myself having to attack, retreat and repeat until the ship was eventually destroyed. The strike suit mode (which is this game's entire premise) is very fun and satisfying to use. I just wish we could use the strike suit the entire time as it is superior to the ships in the way it moves and feels. All in all the gameplay is fun and satisfying, but can become frustrating.

A bonus point if this will get you nostalgic is that this game looks like a more modern N64 game. However for all you graphics hounds it still puts forward an attractive space environment and the backdrops for the battles are pretty and are almost like works of art.

1. Jun 10, 2014
    While Strike Suit Zero has a solid core, it needs more development time and enrichment in nearly every aspect apart from the combat mechanics. Players looking for a megadose of space shooting will find it, but those craving a well-rounded package offering more than just dogfighting should look elsewhere.
  2. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    May 23, 2014
    The theatre of destruction around your ship will leave you in awe. [June 2014, p.90]
  3. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    May 17, 2014
    Technically solid and fun to engage with. Its bland narrative and iffy UI will cause genre newbies to eject prematurely. [June 2014, p82]