8.1

1. May 20, 2014
    Great gunplay, good ambient storytelling in the levels, lots of secrets to find! Interesting storyline, sometimes a bit serious for the tone of the game. Dark, suspenseful and interesting levels throughout. Great heavy music with a wide range of styles.
  2. May 20, 2014
    Best FPS of the year so far. Best single player Wolfenstein experience yet! Picked it up at the midnight release and played it all night. I plan on getting the platinum trophy so there are easily 20+ hours of gameplay here. The first thing that I will say is that the story really sucked me in. I'm glad they decided to stick with the main protagonist B.J. Blaskowicz who has appeared inBest FPS of the year so far. Best single player Wolfenstein experience yet! Picked it up at the midnight release and played it all night. I plan on getting the platinum trophy so there are easily 20+ hours of gameplay here. The first thing that I will say is that the story really sucked me in. I'm glad they decided to stick with the main protagonist B.J. Blaskowicz who has appeared in every iteration of Wolfenstein since the beginning back in the early 80's. The supporting cast is colorful and entertaining and the story has been really excellent so far. I like the way all of the Nazi's future tech is explained, and the story hasn't relied on supernatural explanations for things as it has in past games. The Nazi's themselves are even more despicable than usual if that is possible. It's certainly a lot of fun blasting them to pieces! The only thing I am missing is the multiplayer. My favorite multiplayer FPS of all time is Return to Castle Wolfensteins multiplayer and it's sorely missed here. Still, it was really never on the table with The New Order and I can't detract points just for that. If you are a shooter fan, buy it or at least rent it. You will not be sorry! Expand
  3. May 20, 2014
    This is a fantastic game. For a while the market was over saturated with first person shooters, but with the slight decrease of this genre in recent years Wolfenstein filled this gap. The story is genuinely very interesting, paying homage to the Wolfenstein games decades ago while having it's own style. The gun play is very polished, letting you dual wield massive weapons or sneakilyThis is a fantastic game. For a while the market was over saturated with first person shooters, but with the slight decrease of this genre in recent years Wolfenstein filled this gap. The story is genuinely very interesting, paying homage to the Wolfenstein games decades ago while having it's own style. The gun play is very polished, letting you dual wield massive weapons or sneakily dispose of your enemies. Although linear, exploration is encouraged with the wide array of collectibles which not only count for completion but also unlock new exciting modes. Repetition is sometimes an issue, but this can be overlooked due to how enjoyable the experience is. Expand
  4. May 20, 2014
    Good gameplay.Great story. With 12 hours of action. The new order gives us a similar FPS experience but one with a story well above the rest. This is well worth your money.
  5. May 20, 2014
    well paced over the top shooter! Interesting story elements that helps keep you on the edge for around 15 hours. Awesome weapon feedback and the best leaning ever. I recomend it.
  6. May 28, 2014
    Finished my 1st play through. Amazing writing for an FPS. When is the last time you really felt a lump in your throat when a DLC died? you will here. The most intelligent, moving and fun FPS I've played in years.
  7. May 20, 2014
    Loyal to the franchise and quallity is everywhere, you've plenty of meat when others offers you medrioce 4h bare-bones atrocious single player content...... wolfenstein and metro , two games that puts to shame big AAA rip-offs like call of duty or battlefield.
  8. May 21, 2014
    Old school action mixed with a few modern sensibilities and an above average story. I enjoyed my time with Wolfenstein. There is variety to the game-play so you are never really bored while playing. It is a single player game worth your time and money.
  9. May 21, 2014
    I think the critic/user scores are low. Yes, the format is old school corridor fps, but the pulp style is really cool and the gun handling is nice and juicy....wonderful feel overall. I'd like to give a nod to whoever sculpted the audio. Nice work!.....lots of rich, stereoscopic textures which go a long way to enhancing the whole experience

I'm really enjoying this game. It's not

I'm really enjoying this game. It's not ground breaking, but does enrich a beloved genre.
  10. May 23, 2014
    The ReReturn to Castle Wolfenstein...NO SPOILERS

Wolfenstein The New Order is exactly the kind of shooter I want to play. It almost perfect in most ways. It doesn't pretend it's some epic blockbuster by using QTE. It's true to it's roots, and Machinegames did a superb job of delivering this title. The story and the alternative time line is great fun given the subject is bleak and
    The ReReturn to Castle Wolfenstein...NO SPOILERS

Wolfenstein The New Order is exactly the kind of shooter I want to play.

The story and the alternative time line is great fun given the subject is bleak and carnage is over the top, with limbs flying, heads popping, throat stabbing, there is humor still to be found. The atrocities committed by the Nazis are awful but remember folks it's just a game the real life was much worse.

The pacing is amazing and the levels are absolutely how they should be, incredible. It never feels like a corridor shooter, even as you are traversing a corridor :)
    The gun play is really satisfying, the dual wielding, the perk system. The length is absolutely stop on , I think. It did not drag on and it was not finished too soon.
    The secrets are fun to collect and it does not feel like a chore, as I said the environments are well thought out.

If had to nit pick on anything...here are some silly ones

How great would be to have this game with an MP add on? I simply love the SP but I have to imagine the MP would be a lot of fun.
    Why can't I shoot up nazi flags ? Come on Next Gen LOL , I want to tear em up with the MP60.
    Carrying a skinny german lady you are slower then carrying a gigantic turret gun .
    The multi purpose buttons are too sensitive, the weapon wheal is too sensitive, why not notched wheal?I have died a few times trying to frag only to find myself starring at the weapon wheal.

I beat this on a PS4 and pretty soon I will play this on Steam, as I have played the other WS on PC for the most part. I have to say I am looking forward to playing it again.

The game looked pretty good and the frame rate was absolutely spot on except when I started playing on uber 999 mode it started to chug as the action was just to frantic.
  11. May 21, 2014
    An excellent, polished FPS with a fantastic story, superb sound, and great voice acting. The art and level design are also enjoyable. Perk unlocks add character progression and you can duel-wield almost all weapons. Plenty of collectibles to search for and 4 bonus modes to unlock. Really surprised how much I enjoyed this game even though it is single player only.
  12. May 26, 2014
    I am a fan of first person shooters, but I am an even bigger fan of good alternate history stories. So when I heard that Wolfenstein: The New Order would be a heavily story driven alternate history game with balls-to-the-wall action, I got excited, but questioned whether or not it would actually pull it off in the end.

Wolfenstein: The New Order did in fact have an over-the-top story.

Wolfenstein: The New Order did in fact have an over-the-top story. But that is exactly what it was trying to achieve. It’s not just trying to show you what it would be like if the Nazis won the war; instead it tries make it fun by imagining what it would be like if they had giant robot guard dogs, Star Wars like robots, and exoskeleton suits during the 1940s, 50s, and 60s. And boy does it accomplish what it set out to do. For some reason I thought that Wolfenstein was going to be funny, and instead found out that it is a very serious game, to the point that it was actually really touching during some scenes.

You play as Blazko, an American soldier who gets injured in World War II and ends up in a vegetative state for 14 years. During that time, the Nazis win the war and are now in control of the entire world, more or less. After slowly regaining his consciousness and motor skills, he gets up just in time to save the young nurse who had been taking care of him for the last decade. This is where the real game begins. The rest of the story is about Blazko finding a resistance group and fighting back against the Nazi tyrannical rule and their sci-fi weaponry.

I found myself caring far more for characters than I thought I would. I believe that Machine Games achieved this because of their storytelling techniques. It is not your typical first person shooter where the story is told in two minute cutscenes between each mission. Wolfenstein had cutscenes before, during, and after each mission and there was almost always a familiar voice on the other end of a radio during each mission as well. The story may have been a little crazy at times, but it was so fun that it was worth it.

Wolfenstein: The New Order looked absolutely fantastic on PlayStation 4 most of the time. Character models, views from a distance, and important objects like robots were beautiful on screen. That being said, Machine Games really took the easy way out with just about everything else. Textures for insignificant objects in the game were either 2D or just not up to date with what you would expect on a current generation console. It is easy to look past because, like I said, it only happens on insignificant stuff; but in the end it silly that we still have things like this.

As good as the story is, the gameplay is even better. It starts off as a typical first person shooter to get your feet wet, but slowly introduces you to the different ways to play the game, such as dual wielding heavy machine guns or using stealth abilities. If all you care about is a tightly controlled first person shooter, then you found your game. However, it can be so much more than that if you give it a chance. I loved destroying everything in my path with machine guns for one level, and then trying to go through the entire next level undetected and using only my throwing knives as weapons.

And what makes this even more fun is that you have four sets of challenges to unlock, depending on your style of play. Each set will unlock new perks that will apply to your character, such as increasing your clip capacity or the ability to throw knives. Honestly, I found this to be the most fun aspect of the game because it gave me something else to work on during each level.

But even with all of the great things Wolfenstein does, there are still a few hiccups. Glitches are a part of every game, but I haven’t had a problem with them in years it feels like. I ran into several glitches in Wolfenstein during my 15-hour playthrough. One time I got stuck on a loading screen that just never ended and another time I got stuck on a piece of wood sticking out in the middle of a map and could no longer move.

If you like first person shooters and can handle a little over-the-top storytelling, this is a game for you. When I compare the amount of fun I have had with first person shooters on PlayStation 4, Wolfenstein: The New Order stands far above the rest. Sure, it doesn’t have multiplayer, but that shouldn't hinder your experience. The textures can be an issue if you are a stickler for that kind of thing, and the glitches and checkpoints can be extremely annoying from time to time, but overall The New Order has a fun and engaging storyline with even better gameplay. Even if the lack of multiplayer is the problem for you, this is a game I encourage you not to skip. Wolfenstein: The New Order is a solid first person shooter. Find a way to play it.
  13. May 21, 2014
    This is an FPS like no other. As an avid player of the FPS shooter genre Wolfenstien takes it to levels greater than most. What would have been if the Nazi's did win world war 2? Climbing up cliff faces while still being able to shoot gives a totally new and might I add awesome dynamic to the game. The only thing I would like from the next Wolfebstien is for it to be longer and louder thanThis is an FPS like no other. As an avid player of the FPS shooter genre Wolfenstien takes it to levels greater than most. What would have been if the Nazi's did win world war 2? Climbing up cliff faces while still being able to shoot gives a totally new and might I add awesome dynamic to the game. The only thing I would like from the next Wolfebstien is for it to be longer and louder than this one. Expand
  14. May 25, 2014
    While the game is not perfect in all aspects, the graphics are great and the game is superb and extremely fun. Who doesn't want to kill Nazis post WWII?
  15. May 26, 2015
    The best FPS of this generation at the moment. That's how we could describe this new take on the cult and famous franchise Wolfenstein. With a gameplay somehow classical but yet refreshing when compared to the rest of the modern FPS: life and armor system that don't regenerates on itself, different styles of gameplay (infiltration, or gun fever). But where the game really stands aboveThe best FPS of this generation at the moment. That's how we could describe this new take on the cult and famous franchise Wolfenstein. With a gameplay somehow classical but yet refreshing when compared to the rest of the modern FPS: life and armor system that don't regenerates on itself, different styles of gameplay (infiltration, or gun fever). But where the game really stands above every others is its story, this is such an interesting point of view on the World War 2 and the nazi's regime with original and likable characters it really gets you invested in the game.
    In terms of content it's also above your average FPS , you can count between 10 and 15 hours depending on your interest for the collectibles of the games, I wish some of the chapters were more than just the hub as I couldn't get enough of this version of history, but it's by no way too short.
    The only steps-back of the game are technicals, the graphics, it's not ugly but insufficient for a next-gen game, the IA isn't very good neither (even in Uber difficulty). I hope it will be better in a more than wished sequel.
    To resume, if you are a story-oriented player ,like me, and want some action, you can't find anything better than Wolfenstein : The New Order (and its extension : The Old Blood). it's the best atmosphere in a FPS since Bioshock and the game itself is a lot of fun.
  16. May 27, 2014
    Hands down the best game so far this year. With all of the fighting back and forth about who has the better graphics, here is a game that remained humble throughout. The graphics in this game are gorgeous in spots, but overall it's not on the level of Ghost or Battlefield. However, the story and constant change in scenery makes the game a lot less tedious than other FPS shooters. I highlyHands down the best game so far this year. With all of the fighting back and forth about who has the better graphics, here is a game that remained humble throughout. The graphics in this game are gorgeous in spots, but overall it's not on the level of Ghost or Battlefield. However, the story and constant change in scenery makes the game a lot less tedious than other FPS shooters. I highly recommend this game. Expand
  17. Jun 3, 2014
    All I asked for was a gun in my hand to walk around blowing away as many bad guys as possible in a great single player campaign, and i got it to say the least. The graphics and sound are amazing and the gunplay is second to none. If you're expecting multiplayer or a deep campaign like bioshock you didn't do your research. For everyone else who wants to have a blast, just buy it.
  18. May 28, 2014
    While it doesn't do anything revolutionary, especially the first hour or so, it does get better and provide some great shooter action.

I would like to see more shooters focused more on a good story like this.

Visually its disappointing but also its not terrible, the plus side is the game plays super smooth with no lag what so ever.

Oh and the boss battles and characters are great.
  19. May 27, 2014
    This is now one of my favourite games of all time. It starts off slow but picks up very fast. The story is terrific and i loved every second of it. The game actually makes you feel something for each character and everyone has there own story. Maybe the AI and a couple of glitches got in the way of my fun but that's just a small price too pay to play this amazing game. Buy now!
  20. May 25, 2014
    Not only was this game alot of fun and a great reboot to an old franchise. The game ran so amazing on the ps3, the high framrate with no stutters makes me wonder we even needed new consoles.
  21. Jun 4, 2014
    Fantastic game, great story and cool lil nods to the original Wolfenstien hidden through the game. Was skeptical at first whether to buy it or not but i made a great choice and loving it. In a world where most shooters have next to no good story telling Wolfenstien sets the bar with great characters and a well thought out plot, Give it a go =D
  22. Jun 10, 2014
    Excellent FPS. Superb graphics [with one custom fix and 4k shadows runs 280+ fps on GTX 780 SC/2600K/32 gigs of ram/4 way raid0 from Intel 520 SSDs]. Love the story, love the sounds, so much "nazi atmosphere". I totally loved the "Lost" amotsphere in the series, well this brings similiar environment, set in alternative reality pf 1950-1960s. Really great game, it's a shame thatExcellent FPS. Superb graphics [with one custom fix and 4k shadows runs 280+ fps on GTX 780 SC/2600K/32 gigs of ram/4 way raid0 from Intel 520 SSDs]. Love the story, love the sounds, so much "nazi atmosphere". I totally loved the "Lost" amotsphere in the series, well this brings similiar environment, set in alternative reality pf 1950-1960s. Really great game, it's a shame that "megatextures" enhanced engine is havin' issues on so many machines. Btw. the level of detail and models is immense and immersive. Crysis 3 can try out loud, will never be as good as Wolfenstein and Rage. Not even tesellation is helping DX here, megatextures is masterpiece for Open GL iDs engine. I enjoyed both games bigtime. I only wish they make games longer these days... Expand
  23. Jun 17, 2014
    Do I think this game deserves a 10/10? No, maybe in reality an 8/10, but I have to offset the stupid 0/10 reviews by other witless reviewers. It has a great story, IMO. BJ seems to switch from goofy to serious and it's a bit jarring. The gameplay is just great, and I've had countless hours of fun,
  24. Jun 30, 2014
    Best game since The Last of Us and Far Cry 3!
    • Excellent storyline – grips you till the last minute, very emotional and compelling
    • Smooth, sharp gameplay – feels tight and controlled
    • Gorgeous graphics
    Bad: it had to end after 10 hrs!
  25. May 28, 2014
    Oldschool gaming is creeping it's way back, and I couldn't be happier!

Amazing game, that's it, I don't have much more to say other than this game is blowing me away in almost every aspect. You own it to yourself to pick this up if you like FPS's and are fed up with those yearly releases that don't inovate in any aspect at all.
  26. May 28, 2014
    Great game, the best release for the next gen consoles so far. Great game play, good story and high replay value. Worth the $80..........................
  27. May 28, 2014
    This is the best wolfenstien game since Wolfenstien 3D back in the day. The story is immediately action packed and engaging from the moment you begin. It is an adrenaline rushed action packed shooter that delivers in every aspect you expect from a shooter.

The Graphics is incredibly and makes feel as if you are really inside the world of Wolfenstien. The game is brilliantly executed and brings you a flawless gaming experience.
  28. May 5, 2015
    Great game, best Wolfenstein since wolf 3d! This game has an Interesting story and in depth characters along with great game play. It is single player only but the campaign has replay value and it is a long game as well.
  29. May 27, 2014
    I am running it on 60" TV which has been immersive as heck since I am coming over from PC gaming. The high specs on the PC version convinced me to buy on PS/4 and I have not been disappointed. The controller took some getting used to but leaning under doors with vibration is amazing. There have been some truly gritty and scary moments in the game as opposed to ones that look cool onI am running it on 60" TV which has been immersive as heck since I am coming over from PC gaming. The high specs on the PC version convinced me to buy on PS/4 and I have not been disappointed. The controller took some getting used to but leaning under doors with vibration is amazing. There have been some truly gritty and scary moments in the game as opposed to ones that look cool on PC. I loaded the update that came through behind the scenes. Game play is flawless without any bugs. Only B.J. Blazkowicz and James Bond get asked to go up against this kind of evil. Expand
  30. May 25, 2014
    + Great design/visuals
    + Great characters
    + Great story
    + Dual wielding shot guns

- Terrible AI
    - Load screen after every death
    - Not as dark as it should have been
  31. Jun 6, 2014
    Brilliant game and most importantly FUN, It feels most shooters take themselves too seriously of late but wolfenstein has a perfect balance of story, characters which you actually become attached to and brilliant level design.

There wasn't a single moment I was bored, I just wish it was a little longer.

A must buy single player game for ps4.
  32. May 29, 2014
    Graphics = 8 . Not really next gen, some areas look good the rest is pretty bland
    Gameplay = 9. AI doesn't seem to be to smart but regardless this is some of the most fun I have had in a shooting game
    Story = 8. Some may find it cheesy or cliche, but for me personally this whole Nazi controlling the world idea is pretty interesting, the characters are quite good as well. Those who want
    Those who want a good single player shooter and enjoy being a one man army and doesn't expect full realism then this is the game. Great purchase.
  33. May 31, 2014
    At first glance I thought this was a poor game. Did not like the aesthetics for the Nazis. But as the game goes by the history catches you, the art, the sound. Great game. I do recommend.
  34. May 27, 2014
    i liked it. CoD and BF need to take a look at this and see how to actually make a campaign. the story was okay not the greatest but it wasn't bad and it had it's moments.The gameplay was great, every gun felt different and each had it's use there wasn't a single gun i didn't think was useless. I've never played the older ones so i'm not sure how true it stays to the franchise. i felt likei liked it. CoD and BF need to take a look at this and see how to actually make a campaign. the story was okay not the greatest but it wasn't bad and it had it's moments.The gameplay was great, every gun felt different and each had it's use there wasn't a single gun i didn't think was useless. I've never played the older ones so i'm not sure how true it stays to the franchise. i felt like it took itself a little too seriously at points though like it forgot it was a game with space nazi's. i did notice a few bugs but nothing too bad or game breaking. Textures sometimes took a little bit to load in as well. Expand
  35. May 27, 2014
    This game is just as good,if not better,than COD Ghost for only one reason and thi is all just my opinion,NOTHING more, in cod games,most of em you are fighting against soldiers who are loyal to their Countries as we are. A lot of WW2 in the game was greatly exaggerated .Do you think they liked killing people?They didn't but they HAD to do as told just like our soldiers. But to,in a videoThis game is just as good,if not better,than COD Ghost for only one reason and thi is all just my opinion,NOTHING more, in cod games,most of em you are fighting against soldiers who are loyal to their Countries as we are. A lot of WW2 in the game was greatly exaggerated .Do you think they liked killing people?They didn't but they HAD to do as told just like our soldiers. But to,in a video game ,being able to kill azi scum,not Germans,but Nazi scum is greatly satisfy for the gamer.I am half Mexican American and half German American and am proud of my German roots but it's refreshing,in a video game,to blow away anyone that kills women and children and can do it with a smile.Nothing against COD fans at all I just like this more. Expand
  36. May 26, 2014
    A solid old-school shooter for fans of the way these games used to be. It's fun to play, looks good, and has a surprisingly good story for a shooter. The alternate history angle is interesting, but despite the fact that these Nazi's won the war, at the end of the day you're still a one-man wrecking crew shooting your way through piles of them on a mission to take out the bad guys and theirA solid old-school shooter for fans of the way these games used to be. It's fun to play, looks good, and has a surprisingly good story for a shooter. The alternate history angle is interesting, but despite the fact that these Nazi's won the war, at the end of the day you're still a one-man wrecking crew shooting your way through piles of them on a mission to take out the bad guys and their bosses.

The campaign length is good for those who don't try to rush through the game as fast as humanly possible. Lots of collectibles and trophies for those so inclined, and there's replay value in the form of slightly different timelines and various difficulty levels. No Multiplayer, which personally I think is a plus but some may not like it.

People who get worked up about the historical inaccuracy should just take a deep breath and remember that it's a game, not reality, and for the entire history of the Wolfenstein franchise you've always been shooting Nazi's. The fact that they won the war this time around doesn't change how they are portrayed, or what you end up doing to them. If anything, it makes the "take them out" aspect more interesting because you feel a need to undo their victory.

So, if you're a fan of Wolfenstein or old-school shooters in general you should get this game. It's fun and entertaining without glorifying anything Nazi-related. The violence is a bit over the top at times, but that's something Wolfenstein fans have come to expect.
  37. Sep 23, 2014
    This game is great, it is a fresh breath to the FPS genre!! I have not been a big fan of the previous installments, but this game is an exception. The story is great and the graphics are good. AI is pretty smart also(playing on Hard) !
  38. Jun 2, 2014
    I really liked this game in every aspect.
    Yes, it is true that they have mutated the franchise to something else. Yes, it feels a bit weird to get to know BJ closely. You end up caring about him... and several other NPCs. The game has great atmosphere and definitely succeeds in drawing the post IIWW era under complete (and global) Nazi dictatorship.
    I am deeply impressed with the right
    I really liked this game in every aspect.
    I am deeply impressed with the right balance of shooting/action and moments of silent/moody distractions. The game has lots of content to read/get distracted during those 'in-between' moments. The graphics are well satisfying, voice over is top-notch, it is not a short game and offers 2 different scenarios through a critical decision you have to make early in the game.
    Ah.. and the stealth mechanics works well. Surprisingly for a Wolfenstein title, you have the option of stealthy approach against most situations. Stealth is designed and presented successfully and frankly speaking i found my self playing stealthy whenever possible. It made total sense to me for two reasons: first of all you are in a world taken completely by Nazis. It is war no more, world belongs to Nazis now. Logically there is no end to run&gun approach. You just have to be cautious, sneaky and smart in this Nazi infested world for the sake of seeing another day. Secondly i'm playing the game on PS4 and no matter how well optimised the controls are, it is never like a mouse & keyboard combination. Open approach remarkably increases the number of Nazis you have to deal with and some missions were too difficult for me to handle properly without using stealth.

Overall i definitely recommend this game. It has been the best game so far on PS4 for me.
  39. Jun 2, 2014
    Great game. Love the multiple options to complete each mission. Go stealth or guns blazing. Its your choice. Excellent game all around. Highly recommended!!
  40. Aug 9, 2014
    Most fun I've had on the generation of consoles, excellent gameplay, gripping and refreshingly deep story for an FPS. If you're sick of CoDs "Here's the bad guy, here's a twist, the end" spiel, give this a go.
  41. May 28, 2014
    Wolfenstein is a solid shooter with an excellent story. The maps are linear but the story more than makes up for any flaws. Definitely worth a play through or two.
  42. May 27, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great graphics, id showcase there current engine under a lot of different scenarios, physics included, the story is original for games, tho has been done in other mediums, alternative future, nazi moon base etc. But its fun, the story is compelling and the tidbits keep it moving along. Upgrading weapons for me was a huge plus, not too mention the copious amounts of secrets, collectables, perks and unlocks. The sound is excellent, on a high end home theatre the characters whispers as he crash lands on re-entry, to,one line death notes was atmospheric. Ive seen the sun rise on 5 different continents, the dust rise on the surface of the moon, but all i want to see is you is as unexpected as it is memorable.
    loved it, made the FPS genre fun again.
  43. May 20, 2014
    Got this game from the PSN for $53.99 with PS+. I havent beaten it but have played a decent amount of it. This game isnt anything groundbreaking but thats ok with me. Lets put it this way, if you want a decent shooter that you kill nazis with double assault rifles while stabbing robot zombie dogs in the neck than this is the game for you. Its definitely a solid 8. All I wish is that theGot this game from the PSN for $53.99 with PS+. I havent beaten it but have played a decent amount of it. This game isnt anything groundbreaking but thats ok with me. Lets put it this way, if you want a decent shooter that you kill nazis with double assault rifles while stabbing robot zombie dogs in the neck than this is the game for you. Its definitely a solid 8. All I wish is that the graphics were as good with the cutscenes. You could have done more with the power of these new consoles. Expand
  44. May 24, 2014
    Wolfenstein attempted to do what was done by The Last of Us, and in some respects did extremely well. However, especially toward the end of the game, the tone was very inconsistent and some of the dialogue contrived. A meaningful ending scene was beautifully executed, as well as a number of cut scenes throughout the campaign. With small changes in dialogue and the setting of the cutWolfenstein attempted to do what was done by The Last of Us, and in some respects did extremely well. However, especially toward the end of the game, the tone was very inconsistent and some of the dialogue contrived. A meaningful ending scene was beautifully executed, as well as a number of cut scenes throughout the campaign. With small changes in dialogue and the setting of the cut scenes, this game could have become something beautiful. As it stands, it was an extremely enjoyable FPS with several very memorable scenes. Expand
  45. May 24, 2014
    OLD FASHIONED and how a first person shooter should be. the story rolls on constantly and is fresh and new.....................................amazing
  46. May 25, 2014
    Hoch auf dem gelben Wagen sitzt ich beim Schwager vorn, ups ich fange schon wieder mit dem Singen an.
    Die im Moment für die PlayStation 4 verfügbaren Shooter kann man an einer Hand abzählen und bieten auch fast nur alt bekanntes oder sind eher eine qualitative Enttäuschung siehe Video.Wolfenstein The New Order (2)
    Doch nun kommt eine alt bekannte Serie wieder zurück, ok, so wirklich

Doch nun kommt eine alt bekannte Serie wieder zurück, ok, so wirklich weg war sie ja nicht, die Rede ist von Wolfenstein, um es genauer zu sagen, Wolfenstein The New Order. Doch schafft es der neuste Teil der Reihe wieder die Spieler zu fesseln oder wird er ein Schnellschuss wie Wolfenstein 2009?
    Dieser Frage stellen wir uns in dieser Review, also Kameraden, auf geht es.Wolfenstein The New Order 8

Wolfenstein erblickte bereits 1981 das Licht der Welt, damals noch auf dem guten alten Amiga und C64, doch der große und für die Spielwelt wichtige Durchbruch gelang mit Wolfenstein 3D auf dem PC.
    Dieses Spiel war mit seiner Materie der Spielwelt und Grafik einzigartig. Es erzählt die Geschichte des amerikanischen Soldaten polnischer Herkunft William „B.J.“ Blazkowicz, der nicht gegen irgendwelche Gegner kämpft, sondern im Originalen gegen das Naziregime und deren bekannten Personen.

Wolfenstein The New Order 5
    Wolfenstein sorgte seiner Zeit für unglaubliche Diskussionen in Deutschland. Außerdem kam Wolfenstein zu einer Zeit raus in der die Shooter wieso in einem schlechten Licht dar standen. Es wurden viele Spiele einfach indiziert nur weil sie Shooter waren, wie zum Beispiel Star Wars Dark Forces. Heutzutage sind viele Spiele wieder vom Index entfernt.
    Die deutsche Version von Wolfenstein wurde aufgrund der Thematik sehr für den deutschen Markt angepasst, dass bedeutet man kämpft nicht mehr gegen das Naziregime oder deren Führer. Man nennt es Regime oder Achsenmächte, entfernt alle Symbole und fertig. Sowas nimmt unserer Meinung nach einem Spiel die Seele. Doch bevor wir hier noch 100+ Seiten zum Thema schreiben besinnen wir uns mal auf den neusten Teil der Reihe, der auch für den deutschen Markt angepasst wurde, doch ansonsten inhaltlich nicht verändert wurde.Wolfenstein The New Order 6
    Wolfenstein The New Order spielt in einer Zeit wo das Na… ups, das Regime :p den Krieg gewonnen hat und fast die ganze Welt unterjocht hat und dies unter der Führung des Herrn Totenkopf. Genau dieser hat es geschafft mit modernster Technik und neuster Waffentechnik die Alliierten zu besiegen. Das Spiel beginnt mit einem letzten Versuch das Regime zu stürzen, doch dieses scheiterte.
    Die ersten Stunden sind gelinde gesagt ein Kracher, der einen sofort fesselt und jetzt kommt es, im Grunde sind die ersten knapp 2 Stunden ein Tutorial.Wolfenstein The New Order 11
    Die Story dreht sich um den Elitesoldaten Blazkowicz, der bei dem Versuch das Regime aufzuhalten scheiterte und bei diesem Versuch schwer verletzt wurde und für über 10 Jahre irgendwo in Polen im Koma vor sich vegetiert.
    In der Zeit hat das Totenkopfregime, wie schon erwähnt, die ganze Welt unter seiner Kontrolle gebracht. Doch Blazkowicz wacht aus dem Koma auf und los geht es.
    Im Laufe der wirklich gut erzählten Geschichte erfahren wir immer mehr darüber wie es gelingen konnte, dass das Totenkopfregime zu so einer Größe aufsteigen konnte, denn deren weitentwickelten Technologien stammen nicht von irgendwo. Die Story in Wolfenstein The New Order schafft es einen zu fesseln und das schafft nicht jedes Spiel. Sie wirkt nicht überdreht, was auch an den sehr gelungen Nebencharakteren liegt und sie ist gut umgesetzt.
    Gameplay:
    Im Gameplay des Spiels werden so einige Herzen älterer Spieler aufgehen und einige jüngere Spieler werden sich aufregen, na ja recht machen kann man es nie jedem. Wolfenstein The New Order beruft sich auf alte Tugenden der Shootergeschichte, damit ist zum Beispiel gemeint, man nimmt nicht automatisch alles fallengelassene eines Gegners auf, man heilt sich nicht 100% wie von Geisterhand, sondern muss die guten alten Heal Packets dafür nutzen. Wer hätte gedacht, dass im Jahre 2014 dieses alte Spielprinzip noch eine Chance haben würde. Wolfenstein The New Order gelingt es von der ersten Sekunde an damit mehr als warm zu werden. Das einzig negative ist, dass zur Seite lehnen, was an gewissen Stellen doch etwas gewöhnungsbedüftig ist.Wolfenstein The New Order 2
    Grafik:
    Die Grafik bei Wolfenstein The New Order ist kein Glanzstück aber stimmig. Es wird sicher den ein oder anderen geben, der sich in punkto Grafik beschweren wird, doch die Grafik schafft es dennoch ohne Probleme auf der PlayStation 4 atmosphärisch zu laufen. Uns sind keine größeren Grafikfehler oder sonstiges aufgefallen, doch in Sachen Grafik ist viel Luft nach oben da. Die Spielwelt ist zwar linear, dennoch abwechslungsreich, es gibt verschiedene Orte, wie unter Wasser, auf dem Mond oder in verschiedenen Städten. Es ist auch zu erwähnen, dass es sich lohnt die Levels zu erkunden, es gibt so einige versteckte Items oder Gimmicks ;) .
    Sound:
    Der Sound sowie die Musik und auch die deutsche Sprachausgabe überzeugen auf ganzer Linie.
    Die deutsche Vertonung ist sehr gut gelungen und trägt dazu bei, dass die Charaktere glaubwürdiger wirken und man selbst schnell zu den Nebenfiguren eine gewisse Bindung aufbaut. Die Musik ist gut gewählt und bei bestimmten Momenten des Spiels trägt sie ebenfalls zu einer guten Atmosphäre bei.

37855_2_11

Fazit:
    Wolfenstein The New Order ist ein Shooter der alten Schule, der alles richtig macht und so manch einen anderen Next Gen Shooter Single Player technisch weit hinter sich lässt. Die Geschichte ist gut erzählt, die Protagonisten überzeugen und man wird mit den verschiedenen Schauplätzen seine Freude haben. Die gelegentlichen Aussetzer der KI, sowie die nicht gerade perfekte Grafik fallen hier kaum ins Gewicht.
    Von uns eine ganz klare Kaufempfehlung.
  47. May 25, 2014
    I am not going to lie, i was on the fast track to hating this game. But i just can't. THIS IS A MAJOR IMPROVEMENT over the other wolfenstein from 2009. i loved this story
  48. May 27, 2014
    This game is awesome had a blast playing it also got it for a great price on PS+
    Pro:
    Dual wiled everything (my favorite is the Double auto shotguns)
    Guns feel powerful and have great design
    Exploding heads and body parts! yay!
    Story and awesome characters I cared about.
    The atmosphere is really great.
    Cons:
    It ends :(
  49. tkc
    May 29, 2014
    Excellent game. Last good FPS game i have played was probably metro last light...This is VERY similar game in terms of...cinematic experience and gameplay, and a one that i can have a lot of fun with. The game is pretty lengthy, which is a huge plus when you consider other FPS titles in this category, and it kinda has a second storyline based on important decision at the start of the game.Excellent game. Last good FPS game i have played was probably metro last light...This is VERY similar game in terms of...cinematic experience and gameplay, and a one that i can have a lot of fun with. The game is pretty lengthy, which is a huge plus when you consider other FPS titles in this category, and it kinda has a second storyline based on important decision at the start of the game. Multiplayer not needed here. Expand
  50. May 28, 2014
    If you hate Nazi's, enjoy dual-wielding automatic shotguns and are in need of a new FPS, Wolfenstein's got your back. *Side effects of purchase may include occasional frustration of Button Layout*

Here are the Pro's: 1. Shooting Nazi's 2. Dual-Wield Everything 3. Secret Passages/Area's 4. Above Average Story 5. 15-20 Hours (Depending on Difficulty) 6. Stealth is a good

Here are the Pro's:
    1. Shooting Nazi's
    2. Dual-Wield Everything
    3. Secret Passages/Area's
    4. Above Average Story
    5. 15-20 Hours (Depending on Difficulty)
    6. Stealth is a good addition.....

But there are Cons:

1. Stealth -> occasionally you'll go through a whole level without triggering an alarm, to only be greeted by a throng of Nazi's who must have been giggling in a back room watching you the whole time.
    2. Button Layout: You will find yourself trying to throw a grenade and opening up your weapon wheel. Try to silent takedown a guard and throw a knife instead. (These will happen)
    3. A.I. will occasionally glitch out (not enough to hurt the game but enough to mention)
    4. If you're playing on I am Death Incarnate or UBER you are going to die a lot. (Butttt you did ask for it)

Conclusion: It has faults. It's not perfect. But Wolfenstein is FUN, and isn't that the point?
  51. May 29, 2014
    Wolfenstein: The New Order has a great, well-paced story with two timelines to play in so that somewhat doubles the play time (I estimate mine is around ~30 hours). The game also has really arcade-y, non-repetitive and really fun gameplay for an FPS. Aside from that, the graphics are sub-par at best with poor-but-not-that-bad textures and 2D models but hey, this game is all about theWolfenstein: The New Order has a great, well-paced story with two timelines to play in so that somewhat doubles the play time (I estimate mine is around ~30 hours). The game also has really arcade-y, non-repetitive and really fun gameplay for an FPS. Aside from that, the graphics are sub-par at best with poor-but-not-that-bad textures and 2D models but hey, this game is all about the gameplay and story and not about the graphics. This is definitely worthy of your time and money if you are looking for a single player game with a strong story and excellent gameplay and I highly recommend you buy this or at least rent it if possible. Expand
  52. May 29, 2014
    it is one thing that wolfenstein: new order is finally an old school badass shooter which turned out to be awesome. you can shoot the living hell out of nazi scums or just take them out silently with a knife one by one - your choice. the gameplay just feels right whichever is your style.

but the same game can make you care about the story and the characters more than most of the AAA titles of nowadays? it can deliver such moments when you just sit for minutes to think about what happened and to cope with your feelings. this is not a joke, go ahead and see for yourself!

i don't even care that the graphics could be better on this one. this is a must buy! well done, machinegames!
  53. May 30, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Хорошая игра,Но напрягает те сцены в которых главного героя режут на части и ему все равно. Expand
  54. May 31, 2014
    This is a cool fps and I expected nothing less from the ex Starbreeze men. Chunky and satisfying weapons and a big bold visual style that's in keeping with other Wolfensteins,
    In 1080p and at 60fps it is super smooth and responsive but not beautiful. You will see none of the beauty, detail and draw distance that we've just seen in the latest Infamous game or very many lighting or particle effects but very good design(I'm not at all surprised that this can run at 60 fps on all systems. I suspect it will on the Wii U as well, very basic detail compared to Infamous and Watch Dogs) this game is blackly funny and good fun. Although Doom4 will need to be far more detailed and soaked in next gen effects, I guess these graphics suit Wolfenstein ok. But please id and Machine games? These graphics won't cut it for a new Doom game!
    Anyway this game is big fun and I recommend it.
  55. Jun 1, 2014
    It never felt so good to kill nazi`s, and the reason this game is so much fun to play is hard to explain because it does not do anything new. But the old school action and Humoristic story and characters combined with the smooth moving and shooting makes this a game every (older) fps gamer should like.
  56. Jun 2, 2014
    Wolfenstein: The New Order wasn’t even on my radar of interest until PaxEast, but I am so pleased with it. Having never played the other Wolfenstein games I have nothing to compare it to, and still cannot get over how good it actually was. B.J. Blazkowicz has never been better as far as I’m concerned!

The depth of ALL the characters is impressive, very impressive. Games like The Last of Us set standards for voice acting that never existed before, and only a few games on current gen have really lived up to that standard. But, Wolfenstein is one of those games. An emotional story that encompasses every feeling known to man! A little bit of romance, but not an overpowering amount, is just enough to give life and sincerity to the hulking veteran.

Not only is Blazkowicz a stronger conceptual character, but also a better-looking character than ever before. This game has some of the strongest graphics currently out there. It is so realistic looking that if I play for more than half an hour while even slightly hungry, I get super motion sick. The opening sequence actually induced vomiting.

It also induced a little boredom to be frank; it was the worlds longest tutorial. Honestly, a lot of the sequences felt flat and boring! In between the strong cut scenes and fun puzzles, there are a lot of pew pew bang bang fights that become repetitive not even an hour in. The only saving grace is that the shooting is impeccable. The guns are fun to mess around with; the perk system is unique and interesting. All in all the hours of mindless combat can be useful to make Blazkowicz into an unstoppable tank and complete the perk challenges, therefore unlocking trophies/achievements!

At the end of the day Wolfenstein is fun and exciting. Any game that pushes the limits of current gen consoles, and succeeds as well as The New Order has, deserves a little recognition. Killing Nazi’s, saving the world, and getting the girl; all a days work in the life of B.J. Blazkowicz. ShaunaOH gives Wolfenstein: The New Order an 82/100!!
  57. Jun 10, 2014
    Excellent game that pays homage to the original. There were a couple minor things I found irritating with the controls. Solid 9 if not 10 for the couple minor control issues I had. Very graphic, lots of blood and gore, high intensity from the start. I thought the story was overall engaging and kept you wanting to see what happens next.
  58. Aug 20, 2014
    Excellent game....Much more unique from your typical shooter game if you are looking for something different... Characters and story are interesting.... Graphics are fine. Do not buy if you require a game with multiplayer. Best game I've played so far on PS4. Still havent found that true groundbreaking next gen PS4 game yet... Have played COD/Battlefield/Infamous and Killzone. IExcellent game....Much more unique from your typical shooter game if you are looking for something different... Characters and story are interesting.... Graphics are fine. Do not buy if you require a game with multiplayer. Best game I've played so far on PS4. Still havent found that true groundbreaking next gen PS4 game yet... Have played COD/Battlefield/Infamous and Killzone. I would definitely have to say Wolfenstein is the best one yet.. Really fun game, definitely worth playing... Expand
  59. Oct 15, 2014
    This game is a reminder to those who try to create fps games why they became so popular.

Good: amazing story that does the series justice, good shooting mechanics, fun and rewarding styles of gameplay. Bad: no multiplayer Overall: Buy it!!!! Bethesda does it again. This shooter is a lot of fun and the gripping story has me wanting to play it over and over. Puts over hyped bombs

Bad: no multiplayer

Overall: Buy it!!!! Bethesda does it again. This shooter is a lot of fun and the gripping story has me wanting to play it over and over. Puts over hyped bombs like Destiny to shame.
  60. Jan 16, 2015
    its a good game. although its graphic is not 10 but 7 . its game-play and story is 10. it has a long game-play and its worth to pay for. its weapon are good and are variable. your enemy are strong and if you don't pay attention you will be killed easily.
  61. Nov 16, 2014
    This game is sweet. The gameplay is radical and the story sweet. The best ps4 game I have played without a doubt. It goes beyond gameplay and makes you think. Excellent excellent game
  62. Feb 21, 2015
    Another game into the series, and even now, the game is still amazing and should go down in history as a classic for three reasons: No DLC, stunning campaign, and straight-up wonderful graphics that makes the PlayStation 4 really shine.
  63. Jan 27, 2015
    This game is criticaly underated. Compared to the overhyped crap they get paid to spew. Sure im only giving it an 8. It should hav a higher critic average though for the above reason. No its not a breath of fresh air because it Doesn't bring anything new. It is however a good solid fps. Kind of easy for me on uber but im years into gaming. Ai is kinda weird not really glitchy or stupid.This game is criticaly underated. Compared to the overhyped crap they get paid to spew. Sure im only giving it an 8. It should hav a higher critic average though for the above reason. No its not a breath of fresh air because it Doesn't bring anything new. It is however a good solid fps. Kind of easy for me on uber but im years into gaming. Ai is kinda weird not really glitchy or stupid. Just weird for a game idk. It does make real life sense somtimes. Example the prison guards walks. You Wouldn't necessarily bumrush somebody that looks like They're crouched holding a weapon. You would more than likly take your time unless you had firearms. Well anyway solid fps. Luv killn natzie scum. Worth $40 or less. Paid $60 not really any complaints besides where the hell does the 50gb install come from? Definitely better than broken overhyped crap. Expand
  64. May 5, 2015
    This really is the best FPS to come out on console platforms in years. Although I was sceptical about the story at first, I could see that it drew from contemporary Nazi mythos very nicely by the end game (see the movie Iron Sky for example).

However, I have a few gripes about the story and gameplay as well. Firstly, a love story angle is, in my humble opinion, completely unnecessary in a Nazi slaughter game. Did it give the characters more depth? No. It just made the one "attractive" female seem like a complete floozy in the "heat of the war" or some nonsense like this. Well, it's been done over and over, so I cannot really be that annoyed by it.

Secondly, weapon change wheel and throw grenade on the same button... Really?

Lastly, I have to say that other commenters have griped about the stronger enemies and bosses. Here's my two cents: Weaker guys have no armor, so they duck and cover behind walls and try to get you with grenades. Bigger buys have a **** of armor, so they need no cover and have a mentality of just running you down. Bosses are cocky Nazis... they are cocky Nazis that think they are invincible. That's the story. So, it's only logical that you'll have to find their Achilles heel. Nothing wrong with the enemy design in my opinion.

Final verdict: Best FPS in years. Some minor polishing issues, but still the best in years.
  65. May 12, 2015
    Probably one of my favourite FPS game of 2014. I just love the way you can sneak up behind a enemy commander or soldier and kill them with a blade to the neck. its very satisfying.
    Also the story is wonderful. maybe not as good as the last of us, but damn a near second.
  66. Mar 30, 2015
    As someone who hasn't played through an installment of the Wolfenstein franchise since Spear of Destiny (1992), I can say without hesitation that Wolfenstein: The New Order remains every bit as true to the original formula that made the series such a hit in the first place. The game is a relatively straightforward shooter that manages to differentiate itself from the pack thanks to aAs someone who hasn't played through an installment of the Wolfenstein franchise since Spear of Destiny (1992), I can say without hesitation that Wolfenstein: The New Order remains every bit as true to the original formula that made the series such a hit in the first place. The game is a relatively straightforward shooter that manages to differentiate itself from the pack thanks to a surprisingly engrossing and poignant story taking place throughout some of the most memorable locales found in an FPS.

The game is broken down into distinct chapters (or levels) that differ well enough apart from each other to keep the the storyline feeling fresh and exciting throughout, and the action is often fast and frenzied but still allows for ample opportunity to tackle situations in a variety of fashions (ie. being stealthy versus running in guns blazing). MachineGames has done a marvelous job of keeping Wolfenstein relevant and producing a game that is a must-own for any fans of the genre.
  67. Mar 23, 2015
    This is the best FPS I have played on the PS4. I don't understand how it got a lower score than many other games I have played that I thought were just so-so. It gives you a great story, great weapons, and great gun-play... What more could you want? What's that? A great score to get you hyped for the moment? Done! I would give it a 10/10 to balance some of the zeroes, but I find thatThis is the best FPS I have played on the PS4. I don't understand how it got a lower score than many other games I have played that I thought were just so-so. It gives you a great story, great weapons, and great gun-play... What more could you want? What's that? A great score to get you hyped for the moment? Done! I would give it a 10/10 to balance some of the zeroes, but I find that practice flawed, as my score is a definite 9 out of 10... I would pick this one up and play through both story lines (without starting a new game) before the Old Blood comes out in May :) Expand
  68. Mar 25, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Wolfenstein: The New Order is one great game. You get to fight 'Nazi scum' on the open battlefield, submarines, wrecked trains, office buildings, and even space! The diversity of the locations and weapons is awesome considering it's set in the mid 1900s. I enjoyed playing most of it...except the very end where you have to fight two bosses in an almost impossible-to-win scenario. Nobody wants to play a game in 'baby' mode but after dying 30 times during the final boss battles and Googling tricks to beat these seemingly indestructible monstrosities, you will probably decide to tone the game difficulty down so you can just get it over and done with. The game creators went out of their way to make the final battle as close to impossible as they possibly could.
    One other thing that bugged me was the side missions in the bunker where you have to spend hours looking around for miscellaneous items before going on actual missions. If that isn't a trick to make the game longer than it has to be, then I don't know what is!

But overall, it is a game I would recommend to anyone who loves a good shoot-em-up type of gaming experience.
  69. Oct 21, 2017
    Wolfenstein: The New Order is a great, story-driven, action FPS game. I am not even an FPS games fan to begin with, but I loved this.

Wolfenstein: The New Order takes place in an alternate history setting where Nazi Germany won WW2 thanks to some fantastical new weapons and rule the world. Series protagonist B.J. Blazkowicz is given some actual character development, maybe for the first time in the series history, and he joins the resistance to liberate the world from the Nazis.

Gameplay is just about shooting Nazis but stealth also plays a big role, unlike 2016's Doom for example. Don't mindlessly run and gun in this game, especially in the higher difficulty levels. There are some perks to get, which are upgrades for B.J. after you meet some criteria like killing X number of enemies with Y gun. Of course nothing can beat the sense of dual wielding weapons to obliterate Nazis and their robotic creations.

However not everything is perfect. There are plenty of wonky difficulty spikes involving enemy wave spawns and bullet sponges. The few boss fights in the game (especially those towards the end of the game) are really badly designed and cheap, with no clarity as to what you are supposed to do to deal with them. You can though exploit the bad design and beat these bosses easily or take advantage of glitches. Lastly, for all the Nazi talk in the game's lore, Hitler is nowhere to be seen. Strange.

Graphics are nice but too gritty for my tastes. 60 fps on PS4 is locked at all times. Voice overs are nice if not great. Soundtrack is OK.

There is even some delightful fan service where B.J. plays in the original Wolfenstein 3D game's level during a nightmare. Awesome!

All in all, Wolfenstein: The New Order is a great game. I have been hyped for both the prequel expansion (The Old Blood) and the sequel The New Colossus.
  70. Dec 2, 2016
    I have really enjoyed playing Wolfenstein; it has been gripping and challenging throughout the story and the pseudo-historical setting leaves you with a sense of bewilderment at what life might have been like if Nazi Germany had continued to expand and conquered the wider world. The story follows the life of a rebel called Blazkowicz, who fights back against Nazi oppression and works amongI have really enjoyed playing Wolfenstein; it has been gripping and challenging throughout the story and the pseudo-historical setting leaves you with a sense of bewilderment at what life might have been like if Nazi Germany had continued to expand and conquered the wider world. The story follows the life of a rebel called Blazkowicz, who fights back against Nazi oppression and works among other rebels to help take down the regime. The gameplay is thrilling, it keeps you on your toes and challenges you at each stage - there have been a few times when I've had to replay the same part to get past some pretty tricky mob & boss battles, but I like a challenge. Overall, the game has been very enjoyable and I would recommend it to anyone who likes a good FPS. Expand
  71. Jun 26, 2017
    Wolfenstein: The New Order is a great shooter. And makes it is not innovative technology, smart AI, and the basic story coupled with great shuternoy mechanics.

Wolfenstein has been reborn. The reincarnation took Studio MachineGames, which is made up of people from Starbreeze studios, who did a great action scene in which a character has always been disclosed, the player could feel him, and always had a good story. Wolfenstein: The New Order, they have not changed yourself! They made an idol William Blaskowitz character! And it's not just the character, and personality, which even empathize. He as well voiced; the actor dubbing almost always speaks in a whisper, what makes the character closer to the player. Besides the main character we'll be a resistance headquarters, which is filled with characters. At first they seem to be just furniture to fill the space, but eventually all the characters will be revealed and you to bind him. The headquarters of the resistance will be your home to which you'll return after the task. You'll chat with your companions, it is better to know and get around the headquarters, which from time to time will change. If you sleep on the bed, even you can play a level from the original Wolfenstein is a great game (which in the game is not enough). Also I can not mention great music! The music in the game is simply gorgeous and gives the picture and gameplay richness.

Wolfenstein: The New Order is not a game in the open world, but the developers create the feeling that you are not just at the locations of the next mission, and at a certain part of the world. World, which was seized by the Nazis. Writers have written an alternative history and was even recorded alternate covers of famous bands! Notes interesting to read, and don't pass it by! They are immersed in the alternate world, and you realize that this is a deep game, it's a real thought out story with his world.

Wolfenstein: The New Order is a shooter. Without a great shuternoy mechanics to play wouldn't be interesting even with a good plot. Developers here do not disappoint! Shoot fun! Run around and shoot Nazis with two hands! Buzz! Health itself is not restored, so you have to look for kits (you can even gain health above 100%, but it will very quickly drop to 100). Besides health, we also do replenish armor - just like in the good old days. The game also has stealth and a high level of complexity will have to resort to it often. But in this game it's best to set a medium level of complexity and fun to shoot Nazis.

I strongly recommend Wolfenstein: The New Order! Few people makes the shooter a real adventure with a memorable story and characters.
  72. Dec 27, 2017
    Wow.

What a pleasant surprise. I am not a huge shooter guy. My favourite games are third person story driven action adventure games, like uncharted, last of us, infamous.. I heard that this game had an amazing story and no multiplayer. The only other time I was obsessed with a FPS was with the Resistance series on PS3 This game is now my new obsession. HOLLY **** SH#%! First,
    Wow.

I heard that this game had an amazing story and no multiplayer.

This game is now my new obsession. HOLLY **** SH#%!

First, the story is great. Extremely adult, sensitive topics were dealt with great, and they really make you wanna kill these Nazi sons of Bit@#$ %! I did not expect the story to be so well done and for me to be so engrossed. The music is great, the graphics are amazing for the year this came out on, and I cant wait for more.

During the beginning of the game you have to make a big choice, and that choice stayed with me the whole game (did i make the right decision) which begs for an extra play through. The game reminded me a bit of bioshock in how it's narrative was played out in first person.

AlsoI've never played a game that makes each shot feel as impactful as it was in this game. Not since Killzone 2 have I seen enemies react so realistic.

Things I would improve on:

Sometimes the game can be too hard. I played on Normal, and sometimes there were parts where I COULD NOT FOR THE LIFE OF ME GET PAST so I had to temporarily change the difficulty.. but besides this the game is amazing, I actually played the DLC (I rarely do this) and Im happy I did.

Don't buy the DLC unless you reallllly want more or are a huge fan or if you find it on sale as it's only about 6-7 hours in length. It's still a really good prequel to set up events for the main game (and it has some easter eggs if you played the new order first) but if you wanna skip it you won't miss much.

BUY THIS GAME AND SUPPORT LINEAR SINGLE PLAYER GAMES!! :D

Can't wait to pick up number 2 soon !
  73. Nov 17, 2017
    This was a wonderful single player experience. Top notch, great quality. Brought back memories, and made new ones. Music was pretty great as well. Still worth it to pick up if you can find it.
  74. May 20, 2014
    Incredible gameplay and story. I can't say I have played a shooter with better cover/leaning system. You just get so much precision. The guns feel powerful and the enemies die satisfyingly. The lack of multiplayer doesn't bother but it would be great if they make Enemy Territory 2
  75. May 20, 2014
    Have just finished this game, Wolfenstein: The New Order on Playstation 4. I have never played a Wolfenstein game in the past, and was wary of buying it. However was I in for a shock, I have never completed a game so quickly, the game has a flowing and gripping story-line that keeps you coming back for more upon more each time. The characters and their development has been done toHave just finished this game, Wolfenstein: The New Order on Playstation 4. I have never played a Wolfenstein game in the past, and was wary of buying it. However was I in for a shock, I have never completed a game so quickly, the game has a flowing and gripping story-line that keeps you coming back for more upon more each time. The characters and their development has been done to perfection they mould into people within the game that you really do root for, while the Nazi characters send shivers down your spine when they appear.

The gameplay is good, the ammo collection is slightly tiresome, and the AI aren't perfect but while your having mindless fun shooting down Nazi's may it be just their average soldier, or a robotic dog, each is as fun as the other. The level design is brilliant, perhaps slightly linear but it sort of works it keeps you on track and moving forward at a good rate to keep you immersed in the action.

The music and soundtrack is fantastic, and the song in the credits 'I believe' is just superb. For me this game may not have the best graphics on next-gen far from it, but my god it plays so nicely and immerses you not only into the action but into the story line which for me is one of the hardest things for a game to achieve. I was left dissapointed to finish I wanted more and more, but the storyline worked it's way so well to a fantastic finale, one which I'll remember.

This should be a must buy for anyone, ignore the graphics and play the game for what it is, because not only wil you will have so much fun doing so, but you will love the narrative to no end. SUPERB!
  76. May 20, 2014
    Wolfenstein : The New Order should be celebrated for taking a step towards the right direction within the fps genre which may i add has become very generic, bland and certainly repetitive. Wolfenstein : The New Order also walks a thin tight rope maintaining a balance that feels like an old school arena shooter while also injecting what one would expect in current gen ala nice visuals,Wolfenstein : The New Order should be celebrated for taking a step towards the right direction within the fps genre which may i add has become very generic, bland and certainly repetitive. Wolfenstein : The New Order also walks a thin tight rope maintaining a balance that feels like an old school arena shooter while also injecting what one would expect in current gen ala nice visuals, sound, bgm and a whacky story that is over the top But is told well by great voice acting and writing .

I personally feel that machinehead did a fantastic job giving older gamers like myself some old school mechanics such as scarce health regen, ability to carry tons of guns = more style variety , just enough fan service but not so much so where a newcomer would feel lost or overwhelmed.

Subtle but noticeable sound prompts from fallout was a nice touch and the gunplay is solid, very solid.
    I do wish there was mp because i want more and to me this speaks volumes in itself because im usually disattatched before im finished playing so called AAA games now a days. I am very happy with Wolfenstein : The New Order and i was expecting the worse and boy what a suprise i got.

Sounds so cliche but Wolfenstein : The New Order has injected fresh air into what has become a very murky fps genre.

My PSN is PixelProV1, for those who gave 1 word bad reviews like "boring", PROVE you own this game rather than hate on it because you cant afford it etc.

I want to see more from machinehead thats certain , great job.
  77. May 20, 2014
    It's a long game, and now days what more can you ask for with these cheesy games coming out. I haven't played the whole game yet, but I like so far what I am seeing. I mean, it's your typical shooter, and the controls feel nice, sounds good, and looks good. A little mixture of sic-fi and history. It's a good buy compared to the rest of the games out there.
  78. May 20, 2014
    Normal game, solid 8. For those who want to play without tension and shoot. And for those who once played W3D - a classic of the genre. Just started playing, but it was a couple of good moments that loved.
  79. May 20, 2014
    What a fantastic game. Downloaded it from the marketplace, as i wanted a good single player game. Thats exactly what i got, but not good- extreamly good! What a truly fantastic story, with great voice acting. Not only that, but coupled with lots of collectibles, secret rooms, crazy weapons, and a crazy but effective twist on the ww2 setting- makes for an excellent game everybody shouldWhat a fantastic game. Downloaded it from the marketplace, as i wanted a good single player game. Thats exactly what i got, but not good- extreamly good! What a truly fantastic story, with great voice acting. Not only that, but coupled with lots of collectibles, secret rooms, crazy weapons, and a crazy but effective twist on the ww2 setting- makes for an excellent game everybody should play. This game is one of the best story games iv'e ever played infact. Also, you can go guns blazing or stealthy on most levels! Highly reccomend this game for anyone who wants a truly thrilling experience. Expand
  80. May 21, 2014
    Overall great game. Ran very smooth and brought back a personal favorite from my youth. I really enjoyed the weapons and the boss fights. Better story then previous Wolfenstein games. So far, the best next gen game that is not free to play or indie. My only real complaint is the ending. It seems like a trend with ID games. But still not as bad as ME3.
  81. May 21, 2014
    Wolfenstein The New Order is a great game. It is the best shooter I have played in the past few years. It's over the top and fun action, amazing story, great characters, and spectacular firepower makes this entry in the series a must have. In my opinion, it is the best Wolfenstein (besides Return to Caste Wolfenstein) !
    If you love gaming, pick this one up!
  82. May 20, 2014
    Comparing this game to other FPS like BF4 and CoD Ghosts.. Wolfenstein wins...Not only will you receive a lengthy campaign but also expect very fluid gunplay... You can duel wield weapons, the story is awesome and character development is outstanding, you can tell that they worked hard on that aspect. The graphics are not impressive but they do get the job done..
    If you expecting a full
    If you expecting a full fledged multiplayer experience....This game has none to speak of, some people may not like that. I myself do not care as I prefer a single player experience above multiplayer..
    Enemy AI is not very good and I would probably compare the AI to Crysis 2 in terms of how bad it is.. I suggest you buy this, if you like single player FPS and do nt mind not having a multiplayer..

The good: Story,character development, gunplay, sound, length of game

The ok: Graphics

The bad: A.I, lack of multiplayer
  83. May 24, 2014
    * Numerical scores are too subjective for practical use. I grade a score either 10 (Check this game out), or 0 (Avoid This Game).

I was originally planning to avoid this game, but Polygon ran an interview with the game's developer Machine Games that was so awesome that I had to check it out. Wolfenstein is hell-bent on telling the player a story, and it succeeds Characters are

Wolfenstein is hell-bent on telling the player a story, and it succeeds Characters are compelling, their motivations are relateable, and the pacing of the story has you looking forward to the next chapter. It's just a great game that doesn't seem to stumble.

The action itself is a mixing of old and new traditions, and it works too. Truly, Machine Games didn't hold back on the excess - every weapon seems to be dual wield-able. And they all feel terrific.

I play pretty much every FPS that comes out and my ritual is always the same; finish the single player as fast as possible and move on the multiplayer (which will hopefully last a few months). Wolfenstein is like a good book - totally enjoyable and there's no rush to finish. I'm taking my time running around levels and finding items and enjoying the plot.

For players who enjoy some depth or sophistication t their gameplay experience, I recommend taking a look at Wolfenstein: TNO.
  84. May 21, 2014
    Amazing game! Weaponry is incredible and you can dual wield practically anything, a solid FPS and a good storyline. I recommend playing the game on über difficulty and looking to unlock the perks throughout the game to mix stealth with run and gun for a full experience. Glad I bought this game but I do wish it had multi-player.
  85. May 22, 2014
    A fun shooter. Finally a fun FPS single player game . If you are over BF4 and COD and just want a sweet FPS to kill some time with a decent story enough collectibles and hidden areas to keep you interested the whole way through then get this game. Stop reading reviews go and get it.
  86. May 26, 2014
    Deliciously old school. It doesn't do anything groundbreaking, but it does everything extremely well. Mechanically, the game is a standout. Weapons feel powerful and immediate, and the cover/lean mechanic is completely intuitive and useful. Weapons are fun and varied, the story is pulpy and engaging, and the attention to detail is astounding.
    *NOTE the opening mission is one of the worst
    *NOTE the opening mission is one of the worst in recent memory...I nearly shelved the game based on a horrid first impression. So glad I didn't. Do yourself a favor and stick it out past the abysmal opener, and I guarantee you will have fun playing this game - I can't think of higher praise.
  87. May 23, 2014
    Wolfenstein: The New Order is is a straight up shooter. The premise is simple, fight your way through an area full of enemies yet it has a gripping story and some deep, interesting lore if you can find the various torn newspaper articles. The gameplay is varied although it seems to be very easy in the early game regardless of difficulty setting, but it does get very challenging toward theWolfenstein: The New Order is is a straight up shooter. The premise is simple, fight your way through an area full of enemies yet it has a gripping story and some deep, interesting lore if you can find the various torn newspaper articles. The gameplay is varied although it seems to be very easy in the early game regardless of difficulty setting, but it does get very challenging toward the end.
    My first playthrough I played on the second highest difficulty and found it a good compromise between challenge and fun and would definitely recommend new plays to play it on a high difficulty.
    Gameplay is fun and you can always find a way to overcome every situation if you can figure out how. Such as using dual wielding shotguns and blasting heavy armored enemies at close range when they try and flank you.
    I wish it had multiplayer, because I think that could give players much more to do in the game other than playing over and over finding collectibles. That is the only reason why it doesn't get 10/10 from me.
    Also, it looks stunning.
  88. May 21, 2014
    Wolfenstein the new order is what I describe a a solid FPS game. Its story is deep, gameplay mechanics well thought through and graphics and voice acting are great. The story is based on alternate history but is grounded in the bases of truth.
    Downsides to the game can take you out of the experience such as the AI during a stealth area will be oblivious to screams or dead bodies of comrades. also constantly pressing action button to pick up ammo and armour can be come futile as they are in huge supply everywhere and you seem to constantly tap it running round.

Overall Wolfenstien is a great game i thoroghly enjoyed going back to roots of FPS in WW2 but not making us land on Normandy beaches for the 100000th time.
  89. Aug 1, 2014
    This game is vastly underrated! If you need a break from Call of Duty, Battlefield, or Halo, this game has awesome weapons and a fun story (Nazi futuristic). If your tired of the "look at me I'm unemployed but I'll kick your but online cliche, this game is fun and enjoyable. Crites gave it a modest review.
  90. May 22, 2014
    This game is totally amazing! Graphics are beautiful and the storyline is epic. Its not like most of the overrated call of duty games that just want to make us pour out on money for repetitive garbage! Call of duty isn't bad but this trumps the last 4 games in their series by miles!Its NEW, DIFFERENT and for a change i can say "oh I wasn't expecting that"Fresh, beautiful and different whatThis game is totally amazing! Graphics are beautiful and the storyline is epic. Its not like most of the overrated call of duty games that just want to make us pour out on money for repetitive garbage! Call of duty isn't bad but this trumps the last 4 games in their series by miles!Its NEW, DIFFERENT and for a change i can say "oh I wasn't expecting that"Fresh, beautiful and different what more could a gamer ask for! Definitely worth every cent.Thanks developers you rule. Expand
  91. May 20, 2014
    Im more than half way through the game. The characters are awesome the soundtrack is awesome,The game play is solid. The story in interesting I think. I dont know why people are rating it in 7s its a 8-9 game for sure
  92. May 20, 2014
    It's a fun, tight game with up-to-date controls and action. It doesn't dwell too much on its predecessors or the new style of first-person-shooters. Graphics are good and represent the time period well, but there are tedious aspects such as no multiplayer and drag-down bits where you are forced to search for ammo or health.
  93. May 20, 2014
    Wolfenstein is back and better than ever. Combining the cheesiness and fun of past titles with a more serious approach to narrative, The New Order succeeds at what it set out to do, create something with a little more depth while remaining true to what makes Wolfenstein the enjoyable game series it is. A lengthy single player campaign, focused narrative cast cast of characters, fun andWolfenstein is back and better than ever. Combining the cheesiness and fun of past titles with a more serious approach to narrative, The New Order succeeds at what it set out to do, create something with a little more depth while remaining true to what makes Wolfenstein the enjoyable game series it is. A lengthy single player campaign, focused narrative cast cast of characters, fun and accessible combat, stealth, fantastic set pieces, etc., make this a game you cannot miss. Expand
  94. May 20, 2014
    If you played return to castle woflenstein and like tv shows called things like 'secret nazi wonder weapons' you'll love this game. It's kind of dumb but so what. The story is ok, but who cares. The main thing is that this is a massive ballsy single player FPS in a world dominated by open world multiplayer games. If you are ever sat on the sofa looking to play on your own for a half hourIf you played return to castle woflenstein and like tv shows called things like 'secret nazi wonder weapons' you'll love this game. It's kind of dumb but so what. The story is ok, but who cares. The main thing is that this is a massive ballsy single player FPS in a world dominated by open world multiplayer games. If you are ever sat on the sofa looking to play on your own for a half hour while the missus is doing her nails again, or share the controller with a mate who turns up with a bag of nachos and a four pack of guinness, you will have enough explosions, sneaking, bombs and bosses to keep you going for days. Expand
  95. Jun 29, 2014
    - Nothing new, just another FPS that copied other FPS'ers. Don't play it if you are expecting a whole new experience.
    - Game is only 5 hours long. You get platinum in only 1 day. Not worth the money.
    - AI is dumb as hell. - AI teleporting. I saw all of the enemies in a room, I ran up stairs, and an enemy just popped right in front of my face and killed me. Not even from behind a corner.
    - AI is dumb as hell.
    - AI teleporting. I saw all of the enemies in a room, I ran up stairs, and an enemy just popped right in front of my face and killed me. Not even from behind a corner. He just teleported right in front of me.
    - AI running through closed doors.
    - You get no help from allies, while they are close to you. There was a mission where you get dropped off by a friend in a helicopter. Then he just leaves, instead of giving covering fire.
    - Story is dumb. Frau Engel could've died when you escaped the prison. But no, thye made it so she survives it... I think everyone should think that when you can control a robot, you should make sure she's dead, instead of throwing her away and making her survive. Guess they needed to make the game longer in the worst way possible.
    - 2008 graphics for a 2014 game.
  96. May 25, 2014
    I expected a dumb straight forward shooter...

but damn, Wolfenstein world is so well crafted, fantastic and interesting story telling and level worth exploring. The weapons have a great feeling and satisfying gunplay. Level are less linear then the usual on the rails fps, with plenty of secrets. Stealth mechanics are quite simple but good addition. Lenghy SP makes up for the lack of
    I expected a dumb straight forward shooter...

The weapons have a great feeling and satisfying gunplay.
    Lenghy SP makes up for the lack of MP mode.

Technically solid game , but some texture are pretty low res close up and character model have medium polygon count.
    On the other hand some level look really breathtaking, superb art design.

Please more fps games like Wolfenstein with such solid Sp experience
  97. May 21, 2014
    What an excellent game. Not by any means perfect, but this game has done something for me what no other game has done for years. When I put down the controller, I wanted to immediately pick it back up and start playing again. The combat system is a dream, mixing steal with action has honestly never been so entertaining. The weapons selection system is a little annoying at times though. AnWhat an excellent game. Not by any means perfect, but this game has done something for me what no other game has done for years. When I put down the controller, I wanted to immediately pick it back up and start playing again. The combat system is a dream, mixing steal with action has honestly never been so entertaining. The weapons selection system is a little annoying at times though. An actually very deep story, at times a little whacky, but all in all it delivers and kept me interested throughout. The pacing of the game is also brilliant, never once did it feel samey or like a slug fest. Combat is always varied, unpredictable and most importantly... Fun! 9/10. Expand
  98. May 25, 2014
    Amazing Campaign. Just what the FPS doctor ordered. The kind of FPS in which you can hip fire your way through the game with dual shotguns. And this is totally your option, you can play most of the game in stealth as well. Perfect campaign with a great cast of characters which compliment the setting and the narrative. And a decision you make in the beginning changes what happens throughoutAmazing Campaign. Just what the FPS doctor ordered. The kind of FPS in which you can hip fire your way through the game with dual shotguns. And this is totally your option, you can play most of the game in stealth as well. Perfect campaign with a great cast of characters which compliment the setting and the narrative. And a decision you make in the beginning changes what happens throughout the campaign. This helps increase the replay value. Truth be told I cannot wait to play again to meet those great characters again. This is a balls to the walls FPS which is not scared to try some tricks of the genre which are already dead, and succeeds ultimately.
    Only minus for this game is the lack of a multiplayer component, which the game could have done very well in.
  99. Jun 22, 2016
    Wolfenstein: The New Order accomplishes what many retro games fail to do, which is successfully take a retro game franchise and bring it into the modern age while simultaneously including what made the original game so iconic. While it keeps certain elements like dual wielding nearly every gun in the game, limited health, armor, and even killing dogs with knives, it also adds the classicWolfenstein: The New Order accomplishes what many retro games fail to do, which is successfully take a retro game franchise and bring it into the modern age while simultaneously including what made the original game so iconic. While it keeps certain elements like dual wielding nearly every gun in the game, limited health, armor, and even killing dogs with knives, it also adds the classic Call of Duty style of gunplay, successfully making the game modern with retro elements thrown in where they’re needed to help make the game feel special. Surely, if you’re a fan of old school shooters, Wolfenstein, or if you’re just looking for something slightly different in the FPS space, the New Order won’t let you down.

The story starts with your character William "B.J." Blazkowicz, a soldier in World War II participating in a raid against Nazi forces who have been successful in their experiments and have created new technologies that put them leagues ahead of the rest of the world, with giant robots and power armor to show for it. Blazkowicz is injured in an explosion, putting him into a vegetative state for nearly 14 years and wakes up to learn that Nazi Germany has conquered the world. Not content to lay down his arms, Blazkowicz is determined to find the resistance movement and help them take back the world from the Nazi Reign.

While the story manages to stay strong from beginning to end, it’s not without its weak points. The biggest flaw in the story – the first problem you’ll notice with the New Order – is in the main character. Blazkowicz lacks any real type of personality, with his only characteristics being his whispery, gruff voice and his seemingly indestructible nature. Now, in a game filled to the brim with Nazi robots and robot dogs, Wolfenstein's story is bound to have its fair share of ridiculous moments, but the crap Blazkowicz actually manages to survive ends up pushing those boundaries pretty far. Adding onto how he manages to come out of a coma without aging a day, keeping all of his muscle mass and regaining complete control of his body within a few seconds, Blazkowicz manages to survive multiple stabbings, direct explosions, and various other events that really make him hard to take seriously. If the intention was for Blazkowicz’s supposed invincibility to come off as a way to parody modern shooters, it feels out of place in a story with such a serious tone. Aside from Blazkowicz himself and a few other weak points, Wolfenstein’s story line and characters manage to come out really well realized, and the story is strong enough to keep you invested until its end.

As for the gameplay, the New Order does a great job of incorporating old school elements with modern shooting mechanics. Along with a health and armor bar that cap off at 100, a weapon wheel allowing you to carry every weapon in the game, as well as the ability to dual wield nearly every gun, the game also has the superb shooting mechanics of Call of Duty, along with both a cover system and a peek ability, allowing for shooting that feels more fleshed out than the franchises it borrows from. The game even has some stealth sections, which are fun, even though they can feel tacked on at certain instances.

Overall, the gameplay is superb. Gunplay feels satisfying, and the unique throwback elements piled into its gameplay manage to make Wolfenstein: The New Order pull ahead of its competition. Plus, with some really well designed boss fights, open ended levels filled with collectibles and upgrades, and the brutality expected from a Wolfenstein game, Machine games has truly revitalized the Wolfenstein franchise. In conclusion, I’m looking forward to what is next up for this franchise. If you're a fan of shooters, or old school games, you owe it to yourself to try this game.
  100. May 26, 2014
    First playthrough on Uber (Very Hard) difficulty and I'm in love, the story, the characters, the weapons, killing Nazi's. this game is the perfect shooter, and one I will always remember.

1. Aug 26, 2014
    MachineGames haven’t exactly reinvented the FPS or even Wolfenstein here, but they have put together a consistently enjoyable, well-crafted action game and given you the motivation to blast your way through its stringier bits. If this is the New Order for Wolfenstein, then this is a promising start.
  2. Jul 23, 2014
    Thanks to the quality in both concept and function, this is one of the finest first-person-shooters I've ever played, and the best iteration of one of gaming's most storied franchises.
  3. Jul 18, 2014
    We would have preferred a greater freedom of action for the levels, rather than the linear and driven that we've found, but they are trifles for a title that deserves to be played at least once.