7.1

1. Dec 30, 2013
    Also known as Pinball FX2, it arrives on PS4 with the ability to bring up to a reported 20 tables with it. Running at 60 FPS, the action is as smooth as should be expected, details are gorgeous, and the game is more responsive than it has ever been. Owning all the tables on nearly every available platform, I can say this gives my high end gaming PC a run for the money while playing theAlso known as Pinball FX2, it arrives on PS4 with the ability to bring up to a reported 20 tables with it. Running at 60 FPS, the action is as smooth as should be expected, details are gorgeous, and the game is more responsive than it has ever been. Owning all the tables on nearly every available platform, I can say this gives my high end gaming PC a run for the money while playing the Steam versions. 3d capabilities have not been tested yet; however, if they are as solid as they were on PS3 (aside from some minor convergence issues) the tables should display marvelously given a quality display. Ignore complaints of being charged with tables... is this not the trend anymore? Zen has followed this model for years, and this should be expected as such. Certainly you will get a table for free, but they provide quality demos of each table for individuals to make their own decisions and pay for the ones the choose. Beyond that, the tables are loosely inspired by real world tables, and carry some elements of love from their reality based counterparts, though they may not be recognizable to a younger generation. The physics are getting better, but this is more of a fantasy simulation pinball. If you are expecting anything more, than look to Pinball Arcade, a worthy mention replicating real tables. Zen has managed to produce Pinball tables that have great rule sets, awesome challenges, and offer hours of fun, depth, skill development, and will rank you on leaderboards. Seriously, Zen tables run about $3.00 a table. In my experience, that is $3.00 of happiness. Not all tables are winners, that's why they offer demos, but there's bound to be a table that everyone who claims to be a pinball fan can enjoy. Why are you still reading...? Give Zen a whirl, and try a table or two. At the end of the day, you will have likely spent more money on your lunch, coffee, or some App on a phone you may hardly use. Obviously I am a fan; however, I am a fan because the tables are worth the time. Few games have the ability to earn my time, and like all good things... Zen will keep you coming back if you let it. Expand
  2. Dec 29, 2013
    This game lures you in with a freebie price tag but you have to buy tables to play it. There is one free table. After that you need to buy packs in order to play. Developers are figuring out freemium games of this nature are more profitable than just making it cheap and offering a small variety with in game purchases for those that want more.
  3. Jan 14, 2014
    I think this is a solid game, one of the better pinballs games with very good sound effects. Also, which many reviews forget to point out, in 3D it looks awesome if you have a good 3D set. My glasses are very light so wearing them doesn't bother me. Highly recommend if you like Pinball.
  4. Jan 2, 2014
    My favorite aspect of this pinball game is that you can toggle the slow motion effects and flipper sensitivity that works to your playstyle. It's a worthwhile game if you're into pinball or really bored and just browsing the shop for something that might stand out. It's a solid pinball game, nothing more, nothing less.
  5. Mar 21, 2014
    Good for a few games to pass the time but not the worlds most amazing experience. Nice visuals and sound but the fun minigames and action scenes are few and far between.
  6. May 14, 2014
    I'm really not a pinball fan, but I think this is one of the only "great" PS4 titles at the moment so far. Of course as the Star Wars fan I am, I was compelled to buy two of the $10 dlc packs, which see constant play from my friends and I as we set out to get the trophies and set higher scores!!

I don't see myself ever playing pinball in reality, or even playing any of the other machines in-game.... but for what it's worth, Zen 2 is a very well designed "free" game, and like I said one of the best PS4 titles right now. I do wish the dlc was individually sold, but otherwise for the $20 Zen 2 experience so far, I'd expect to pay the full retail $60! Great with friends and family alike. To top it all off, it looks and sounds spectacular. 9/10
  7. Jan 12, 2014
    I don't see it mentioned anywhere, but this does play in 3d, which looks awesome. I only have played the free sorcerers lair table, but. It seems pretty cool for what it is, I just wanted to put the 3d thing out there, I don't see it advertised anywhere ..
  8. Jan 23, 2014
    I found this to be a very good pinball game! Love the oldscool pinball games also but this makes it interesting with the new version and lots to watch while playing!
  9. Jan 5, 2014
    I'm not seeing the lag that people are speaking of in this game, perhaps was patched since the initial reviews went out. Either way, I can honestly say this is the most amazing pinball games I've ever played. Seems to look, and play smoother than the ps3 and 360 version counterparts. It's a true addiction for any self righteous pinball fan. The Star Wars boards are absolutely fantastic andI'm not seeing the lag that people are speaking of in this game, perhaps was patched since the initial reviews went out. Either way, I can honestly say this is the most amazing pinball games I've ever played. Seems to look, and play smoother than the ps3 and 360 version counterparts. It's a true addiction for any self righteous pinball fan. The Star Wars boards are absolutely fantastic and have a few new exclusive tables for next gen. The Sorcerers board is probably the best, you need to get this game now. Most tables are 2.49 each. Expand
  10. Mar 2, 2014
    Really great game. It's a 3D game that is extremely fun to play. The unrealistic elements that are not seen in a true cabinet like Pinball arcade separates it from other great pinball games (I really enjoy pinball arcade as well). I hate that 3D is a "fad" because it greatly enhances immersion. The tie fighter table is my favorite, with Iron Man in a close second.
  11. Mar 8, 2014
    Very fun pinball game, one of the best I've played. The animations are well done on the tables, I also like the option to play in 3d. Fun and addictive game.
  12. Apr 5, 2015
    At the time of writing, the average user score is 7.0 One person gave it a zero and the only thing they didn't like was the pricing, which I find totally unfair for a reviewer to do. The game is 'free' but you only get 1 table. You can demo every table before buying, and they're under $3 each. If you're a pinball fan, this is a fantastic value for many many hours of gaming.

The tables

The tables are creative and quite varied on themes and style. Some are very cramped while others are quite open. Some are a little on the basic side, and some are very complex. A lot are licensed IP's like Marvel, Street Fighter, Star Wars, and Plants Vs Zombies.

My favorite 2 tables are Epic Quest, which allows you to accumulate XP and gear which is kept between games so you can get progressively better scores, and also the 'football' (soccer) table which has you play a challenging series of games as you progress your way through a tourney.

Every table offers an owner's option where you can make adjustments, and each offers tips on how to score well on that table.

There's an interesting scoring mechanic, your 'team score' and your 'wizard score', which simply encourages you to befriend more players of the game, and buy more tables. There's more than 30 tables and new ones keep coming out, so there's plenty to buy if you get bored with a table or master it and are ready to move on. Lots of leaderboards and frequent tournaments, plus a vs mode where you race to a set amount of points and lose a % of your score if you drop a ball.

I couldn't ask for anything more from a pinball game. This is by far the best pinball game out there.
  13. May 12, 2014
    Fantastic pinball game. Yes its fantasy pinball and they do things you cant do in real pinball but the tables are wicked fun. Of course you have to pay for tables but they are cheap at around 2.50. Can easily burn that in a real pinball game in about 5 minutes. BUT if you own it on PS3 you can download your tables free. A few new ones to purchase if you want as well.
  14. Jul 6, 2014
    Great pinball game, fun to pass the time and many tables to choose from.i like it , my kids like it and table packs aren't expensive. Great visuals and effects....
  15. Apr 26, 2015
    Avengers Assemble once again!, as your favorite heroes return to the tables for yet another pinball classic!

The only thing better than Zen Studios "original" pinball properties is the care and detail they place upon their "Licensed" tables. "Avengers: Age of Ultron" is certainly no exeption. With the movie right around the corner, Zen Pinball 2 brings us an awesome table pack to go as a companion piece to our soon to be blockbuster experience.

The pure awesomeness of Zen tables overall has already been covered in previous reviews, so I'll just cover the awesomeness of this paticular table. The one different thing I noticed right away this time around was the inclusion of difficulty levels! At the start of the table, you are given the choice of easy, normal, or hard, (I'll take easy of course!). Second, you can choose to either play the prelude, or skip it if you are already familiar with the terrain. Third, "targets view" enables you to take a quick peek at which Avengers are available to spring into action if your timing is just right!. The heavily theme-driven nature of each table is one of my favorite features of the series. Which is why I was pleased to see that the ball launcher they chose was none other than the glove of Iron-Man, which contained a "palm cannon".
    The Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron table lets players relive the movie, follow Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, The Incredible Hulk, Black Widow, and Hawkeye as they battle Ultron and his infinite army of clones. The table features a minigame for each Avenger, including a first-person sharpshooting mini-game starring Hawkeye,and a spectacular aerial melee combat sequence between Iron Man and Ultron.
    The depiction of the movie characters on the table, the different colored balls to represent each Avenger, the voice acting (Ultron in paticular), everything just screams out detail and effort. Which has been Zen Studios claim to fame since day one.
    Good: adjustable difficulty, great voice acting, realistic ball physics
    Bad: you won't like hulk when he is angry
    Verdict: Pinball enthusiasts should eat this one up as usual. Marvel fans who want a fun hero-themed gaming experience starting your favorite characters should give this one a try.