6.9

1. Dec 30, 2013
    Also known as Pinball FX2, it arrives on PS4 with the ability to bring up to a reported 20 tables with it. Running at 60 FPS, the action is as smooth as should be expected, details are gorgeous, and the game is more responsive than it has ever been. Owning all the tables on nearly every available platform, I can say this gives my high end gaming PC a run for the money while playing the Steam versions. 3d capabilities have not been tested yet; however, if they are as solid as they were on PS3 (aside from some minor convergence issues) the tables should display marvelously given a quality display. Ignore complaints of being charged with tables... is this not the trend anymore? Zen has followed this model for years, and this should be expected as such. Certainly you will get a table for free, but they provide quality demos of each table for individuals to make their own decisions and pay for the ones the choose. Beyond that, the tables are loosely inspired by real world tables, and carry some elements of love from their reality based counterparts, though they may not be recognizable to a younger generation. The physics are getting better, but this is more of a fantasy simulation pinball. If you are expecting anything more, than look to Pinball Arcade, a worthy mention replicating real tables. Zen has managed to produce Pinball tables that have great rule sets, awesome challenges, and offer hours of fun, depth, skill development, and will rank you on leaderboards. Seriously, Zen tables run about $3.00 a table. In my experience, that is $3.00 of happiness. Not all tables are winners, that's why they offer demos, but there's bound to be a table that everyone who claims to be a pinball fan can enjoy. Why are you still reading...? Give Zen a whirl, and try a table or two. At the end of the day, you will have likely spent more money on your lunch, coffee, or some App on a phone you may hardly use. Obviously I am a fan; however, I am a fan because the tables are worth the time. Few games have the ability to earn my time, and like all good things... Zen will keep you coming back if you let it. Expand
  2. Dec 29, 2013
    This game lures you in with a freebie price tag but you have to buy tables to play it. There is one free table. After that you need to buy packs in order to play. Developers are figuring out freemium games of this nature are more profitable than just making it cheap and offering a small variety with in game purchases for those that want more.
  3. May 14, 2014
    I'm really not a pinball fan, but I think this is one of the only "great" PS4 titles at the moment so far. Of course as the Star Wars fan I am, I was compelled to buy two of the $10 dlc packs, which see constant play from my friends and I as we set out to get the trophies and set higher scores!!

I don't see myself ever playing pinball in reality, or even playing any of the other
    machines in-game.... but for what it's worth, Zen 2 is a very well designed "free" game, and like I said one of the best PS4 titles right now. I do wish the dlc was individually sold, but otherwise for the $20 Zen 2 experience so far, I'd expect to pay the full retail $60! Great with friends and family alike. To top it all off, it looks and sounds spectacular. 9/10 Expand
  4. Jan 12, 2014
    I don't see it mentioned anywhere, but this does play in 3d, which looks awesome. I only have played the free sorcerers lair table, but. It seems pretty cool for what it is, I just wanted to put the 3d thing out there, I don't see it advertised anywhere ..
  5. Jan 14, 2014
    I think this is a solid game, one of the better pinballs games with very good sound effects. Also, which many reviews forget to point out, in 3D it looks awesome if you have a good 3D set. My glasses are very light so wearing them doesn't bother me. Highly recommend if you like Pinball.
  6. Jan 23, 2014
    I found this to be a very good pinball game! Love the oldscool pinball games also but this makes it interesting with the new version and lots to watch while playing!
  7. Jan 2, 2014
    My favorite aspect of this pinball game is that you can toggle the slow motion effects and flipper sensitivity that works to your playstyle. It's a worthwhile game if you're into pinball or really bored and just browsing the shop for something that might stand out. It's a solid pinball game, nothing more, nothing less.
  8. Jan 5, 2014
    I'm not seeing the lag that people are speaking of in this game, perhaps was patched since the initial reviews went out. Either way, I can honestly say this is the most amazing pinball games I've ever played. Seems to look, and play smoother than the ps3 and 360 version counterparts. It's a true addiction for any self righteous pinball fan. The Star Wars boards are absolutely fantastic and have a few new exclusive tables for next gen. The Sorcerers board is probably the best, you need to get this game now. Most tables are 2.49 each. Expand
  9. Mar 2, 2014
    Really great game. It's a 3D game that is extremely fun to play. The unrealistic elements that are not seen in a true cabinet like Pinball arcade separates it from other great pinball games (I really enjoy pinball arcade as well). I hate that 3D is a "fad" because it greatly enhances immersion. The tie fighter table is my favorite, with Iron Man in a close second.
  10. Mar 8, 2014
    Very fun pinball game, one of the best I've played. The animations are well done on the tables, I also like the option to play in 3d. Fun and addictive game.
  11. Mar 21, 2014
    Good for a few games to pass the time but not the worlds most amazing experience. Nice visuals and sound but the fun minigames and action scenes are few and far between.
  12. May 12, 2014
    Fantastic pinball game. Yes its fantasy pinball and they do things you cant do in real pinball but the tables are wicked fun. Of course you have to pay for tables but they are cheap at around 2.50. Can easily burn that in a real pinball game in about 5 minutes. BUT if you own it on PS3 you can download your tables free. A few new ones to purchase if you want as well.
  13. Jul 6, 2014
    Great pinball game, fun to pass the time and many tables to choose from.i like it , my kids like it and table packs aren't expensive. Great visuals and effects....

1. May 20, 2014
    It is not a bad experience, but it is probably not the one that should be at the top of your wish list.
  2. Jan 31, 2014
    From Soho down to Brighton, it's the best videogame version of pinball you'll find.
    As it stands, the game is a fun romp, but only if you can get past the differences from real pinball psychologically.