4.8

1. Dec 16, 2012
    Declassified is giving Vita a bad name for a good old fashioned Game of the Year candidate. I don't really care about Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified anymore. The critics are absolutely right, I even watch the review on the now-cancelled X-Play. This game is a complete disaster. AI is terrible, a campaign that deserves the right to be punished, and bad timing of the game makes you wanna play the game for less than 10 hours a week. I urge every Call of Duty fan to avoid this portable dump and get back to action while playing... I don't know. Modern Warfare 3 or Black Ops II? It's your call. Expand
  2. Dec 1, 2012
    This can't be considered a videogame. This must be considered the worst GARBAGE ever made in the story of videogames. If you don't want to waste a lot of money, don't buy this game: the single player mode can be completed in 45 minutes!
  3. Nov 28, 2012
    I don't actually say i dislike this game but . . . it's was a deception, i like CoD but this one just made me want more, this game could have way better also it should have used the vita system better. My conclusion is that the story sucks . . . and multiplayer bug and crash a lot so i just enjoyed the hostile mode, good try but don't deserves a good critic.
  4. Nov 13, 2012
    Very disappointing, to say the least. Declassified should've been a polished and impressive FPS debut for the franchise, however, sadly, it's anything but. Featuring very rough graphics, such as textures that are poorly done, as well as an inconsistent framerate, Declassified shows the bare minimum effort in making a functional game and then stopping there. So it's even worse than the game often doesn't work. The online has been having issues, including random disconnects, not very smooth online play once you get into a match, etc. So at least you have a good single player, right? Wrong. There's less than an hour of single player in Declassified. This is, quite frankly, the worst Vita game I've played. Expand
  5. Nov 14, 2012
    Terrible game. Only given good reviews by people desperate to justify spending their money on this bomb. Save your money and go and buy something else, ANYTHING else.
  6. Nov 15, 2012
    I've long since lost love with the Call of Duty franchise, but even by my own checked expectations this is absolutely diabolical. It's an absolute unflattering slap to the face of anyone who purchased the Vita in confidence of developer's taking it seriously. Nihilistic have appropriately closed their doors and sworn off ever developing for retail again, as they should. This is an absolute joke, the Vita is more than capable of delivering something worth standing alongside the rest of the franchise and deserved much better than this pathetic effort. Looks dates, feels dated and the absolute absence of character or identity makes Declassified feel like one of those pointless mobile download games. Nothing but a name and a couple of, barely, recognisable pixel collections. I seriously can't believe this piece of **** managed to slip on to the market. How didn't ANYONE at Nihilistic realise - oh forget it. Just avoid, avoid, avoid, avoid! Expand
  7. Nov 13, 2012
    I've picked this game today along with the Black ops 2 itself for pc, I do not want to compare this game to Black Ops 2 since its simply a sequel to Black Ops I. Well No one ever forced sony to give this franchise to Nihilistic ! sony could buy themselves a huge score with these games....unfortunately that is only a dream. Its shame to see the single player is completed over 3-4 hours on veteran diffuclty, there is not much a story there as well....the gameplay is only limited only walking toward different alleys where the design of all of em looks quiet similar and just like resistance very dead and killing some enemies which are positioned behinde the boxed around ...
    Multiplayer experience is much better than it was on resistance although it has nth to be compared with black ops 1 itself....
    graphics are as bad as they were in Resistance, just the frame rate is more stable .... in generall its not in a same level with Uncharted, AC, NFS at all....
    well dun waste money for this game since there are much more better choices such as NFS and perhaps AC and of corz awesome choices like Zero Escape, Persona 4, LBP
  8. Mar 11, 2013
    I'm very disappointed with this game. All over scripted rail shooter. This fps has one of the stupidest stories I have ever come across in a game,the characters are boring. The graphics are mediocore at best and bad at worst. This game is very short also,you can complete it in about 5 hours,definataly not worth your time and money.Horrible map design, horrible game design in general
  9. Jul 1, 2013
    When they ported Black Ops, they could have at least kept in everything that made black ops great, not strip it down to the bone and remove any substance of greatness that it had. Zombies, gone, SP, Short and unsatisfying and for the MP, wow, hardly any maps, half the guns, 8 players, hard to find a game and last but not least, it looks horrible. It's already been proven that the PS-Vita has enough power to make a game look beautiful, Uncharted was near identical to it's console counterpart. The only explanation is that the team that made the port were just terrible at coding and had about the same thinking power as a pea.

Plus why do portable counterparts always have to be stripped down?, especially condiering that there is nothing about the PS-Vita that makes it a weak platform, it has more than enough power and more than enough memory on it's game cards to support the full version of Black Ops, if the Wii can, the Vita can, this is lazy developers looking for a quick buck at it's best.

Didn't Rockstar prove with GTA LCS and VCS that a portable game doesn't have to be a featureless port? They rebuilt the entire world of Liberty City and built an entire new backstory around it, with a lengthy campaign and tons extra to do, with the things that made the console games great.

Call Of Duty Black Ops: Declassified, Does not include anything that made the console version great.
  10. Apr 22, 2014
    CoD: BOD is a horrible mash up of bad story telling, bad A.I., clunky gunplay, and repetitiveness. The story telling is flat like the soda that's half finished in the back of my fridge. The A.I. is like trying to make a puppet have good movements. The gunplay is akin to trying to untie both your hands with a triple know. The repetitiveness.....is like CoD. See a pattern here? CoD is showing its sloppiness. While I liked Ghosts and BO2 (to an extent), I can't give any merits to the game other than the graphics which are flat out gorgeous for a 3D shooter handheld game. Overall, don't buy it. Expand
  11. Nov 15, 2012
    Wow this is bad. After playing Black Ops 2 on Xbox 360, I thought it couldn't get any worse. But then I played this. The campaign is very short and on rails. Definitely not worth even close to $50.
  12. Nov 20, 2012
    Jack Tretton from Sony should resign or be fired. He mismanaged the Vita from the start. Call Of Duty is a bigger mess than Resistance Burning Skies. Sony and Activision should have given Nihilistic the boot. It was clearly obvious that Declassified was horrible cause Activision didn't endorse it on their website. The Vita should be renamed the Morte the latin name for death cause the Vita is beyond saving. Expand
  13. May 19, 2013
    Black ops declassified the 2nd FPS on the ps vita had a lot of hype surrounding it but the execution was horrible the game had nothing good the only thing it did ok was the shooting it feels a bit clunky but it manges to get the job done (with the aim assist turned on) but everything else is broken to performance issues glitches and other mad mishaps if you look on my black ops 2 review you see i have lost hope on the call of duty franchise but this abomination of a game has completely destroyed.
    do not buy this game! never buy this game! not even if its £1 pound at game station it is a pile of mess
  14. Nov 18, 2012
    As if Black Ops 2 wasn't already meh, let's take that and make it worse! This is what this game is. The single player campaign it's just a huge borefest, piss easy and short as f*ck. The multi player it's stripped down with crappy maps and less players. If you want a great online multiplayer for your PS Vita, just wait until Phantasy Star Online 2 or Monster Hunter Hunter will come.
  15. Apr 27, 2013
    Just plain terrible. Call of Duty is a quality series with an awful fanbase, but Declassified is a terrible entry that even the CoD fanbase knows to steer clear of. All the people giving this game a 10 are obviously massive Kony Cumpooper Unentertainment fanboys that want to see their "precious" Vita (or should I say Mortis) outsell actually good gaming systems. The way you do it isn't lying to the consumer and disguising bad games with perfect 10s, damn it. Expand
  16. Jul 13, 2013
    i just don't understand how Activision could fund such a disasters. Bugs and everywhere. players getting stuck on a door, a respawn point puts you behind enemy lines. controls don't feel good just yuck
  17. Nov 15, 2012
    This game it so boring, broken and no fun at all, that i cant recommend this game under no circumstances to anyone ever. Almost no sp, bad mp make this game an insult to every gamer. Better play the real COD on 360/PS3.
  18. Nov 17, 2012
    shockingly high amount of single user review reviews here that stink of the game developers making them here. I loved the guy who suggested it took him 7 hours to complete? the game has it's whole campaign on youtube already and it's completed in under 40mins. well done.
  19. Nov 13, 2012
    DUmb Ai , awful graphics, soldiers giving a pose before shooting, tiny tiny maps, made by nihilistic what can u expect nothing really , dont buy this crap.
  20. Nov 15, 2012
    the best way to review this game for me is to describe you my experience with it and it went thus.

I visited my cousin and he has the game so I asked him to lend it to me while I'm there, so I started playing the single player like I always do and after an hour or so, done, story over, you've finished the game... Then when the shock had passed and I started to believe than a developer
    had the balls to charge 45 dollars for a game than I can finish quicker than a pie I went to the multiplayer in hopes that I would get something worth of the game, then I gave it back to my cousin telling him "boy I hope you're renting this". let's be honest not even the multiplayer justifies this sad excuse for even a Spunkgargleweewee. save yourself the money a get a PS Plus account Expand
  21. Jan 4, 2014
    Call of duty is gaming biggest series that sell about more than a million copies at launch. I have been a fan of the series for just two years and I think the series is best known on consoles like the Xbox 360, PS3, Wii (no one plays on it anymore), Wii U, and recently on the Xbox One and PS4. There were also ports of the games on the Nintendo DS, but they unique end up being bad for most of them. In 2012 (I think) Activision announce a new Call of Duty game for the vita later that year. It could be the best Call of Duty game on a handheld and when it was released the game got negative reviews both from fans and critics getting fours to even a one out of ten. I purchase the game to the reason why it consider bad first the campaign if you call it that is incredibly short it would take forty-five minutes to complete the campaign making it the short to play through and plus the story doesn't make any sense having the Black Ops characters go through missions with no sense at all. The voice acting is horrible minus Frank Wood's voice actor is still here and the checkpoint system is completely gone making levels hard to complete levels on higher difficulty. The positives the gameplay is the same like other games in the series and the multiplayer is good to come back and play. The last thing a need to say the game was developed in five months and that a fact. Don't play this game, play the new killzone on the Vita instead. Also the game come with Call of Duty Road to Victory for PSP downloadable making the game fifty dollars it's better than this game. Expand
  22. Jun 26, 2013
    Avoid this game, it is a broken pile of crap from Nihilistic. Animations, visuals, environments, and the bugs bring this game down. Not to mention the unstable servers. If you want a portable quality shooter experience, pre-order or go by Killzone: Mercenary when it comes out.
  23. Nov 14, 2012
    People need to stop inflating the score for this game.

I get it, you are trying to justify the purchase of your new handheld and want to see it, and Sony, succeed. You don't do that by lying to the consumer, trying to get them to buy the system and a lackluster game simply to support Sony.

The truth is, the system is just too expensive at the moment, with a games catalogue too
    insignificant to justify grabbing one at this time. For the game itself, it is CoD. The gameplay, for the most part is there. However, with this release, almost anything meaty that the series has to offer has been stripped away. The singleplayer content is astonishingly brief, the multiplayer is stripped down with small maps and a reduced player count, and the visuals themselves are simply par for the course, as far as the system goes.

It is not a game worth owning. Not at full price, anyway. If you are a die-hard CoD fan, it might be worth your while. For everyone else, wait on this, and certainly don't buy the system for it. It's a sub-par game, nothing more.
  24. Nov 15, 2012
    I went to my neighbor's house because they are the only ones with a Vita nearby. Asked to try this game. Beat it during the time I was at their house (In about an hour).

I think thats a nuff said. The online may be decent, but this doesn't live up to the COD name and it doesn't help that this isn't a true reflection of Vita's capabilities.
  25. Jul 28, 2013
    This is a buggy horrible mess!

The 1 hour long campaign lacking a story line bored me to death.

Nearly unplayable due to massive look acceleration.

Nauseatingly low FOV.

Random crashes.

Can only play multiplayer if you have a NAT type 2 Internet connection.

FPS Issues.

Good

The create a class system is just the same.

Has kill streaks.
  26. Nov 15, 2012
    This game is a terrible mess. it's just to painful an experience to write any more about it.

And lol @ anyone giving this game a 10 ,I don't think many people will ever take your user reviews serious again....
  27. Nov 26, 2012
    This atrocity almost made me regret buying Sony's hardcore handheld. It's just another nail to the coffin of struggling piece of hardware. Biggest franchise on most advanced and hardcore-oriented turned out enormous in terms of failure and overpriced in terms of bang for a buck epicly epic flop. Great showcase of Vita's future. Can't believe Sony allowed Activision to do this. Can't believe Sony certificated this atrocity. It doesn't even work without crashing and freezing the whole system. No awesomeness of Little Big Planet on Vita can't fix this damage done to platform. Thanks for free psn plus month I can play games that don't SUCK AT LITERALLY EVERYTHING, and not broken to the point of resetting the whole Vita mid-match. Way to go, Sony and Activision, good work. Expand
  28. Mar 15, 2014
    This Call of Duty is one of the worst game of the psvita.Well,I think it's the worst.It's a failure,a fail production in game industry.People just buy it because of it's a Call Of duty,but men,it's awful.If you want a game like this and many,many times better buy Killzone Mercenary.
  29. NT1
    Nov 17, 2012
    This is the biggest **** for a PS Vita owner. What I expected was a action packed single player like the other CoD games. Instead, this game is meant for multiplayer, and multiplayer only. I DONT WANT TO PLAY MULTIPLAYER ON A HANDHELD!!! Because it's crap and i don't want an online experience. I want to play a thrilling single player with lots of explosions and **** Nothing thrilling on this. Buy Resistance Burning Skies instead. Expand
  30. Nov 14, 2012
    So they can port Mortal Kombat, Need for Speed Most Wanted, Ratchet & Clank, Playstation All Stars, Persona 4. Make decent games such as AC:Liberation and LBP... SO WHY ON EARTH DID THEY NOT PORT THE MULTI STRAIGHT TO THE VITA AND HAVE CROSS PLAY! Avoid this game like the plague.

1. Declassified feels like a disappointing DLC bundle rather than a full release. In its best moments it proves that Call of Duty could work on the console, and it has some good ideas – earning XP across single-player for multiplayer unlocks is particularly neat – but it's exceptionally hard to justify how this ended up with a $70 price tag. The very best PS Vita games have proven that, in the portable market, size can still matter. This lesson has, ironically, been ignored by gaming's biggest franchise. [January 2013, p76]
  2. Jan 23, 2013
    This'll remind you of the very worst PSone FPS games. [Issue#227, p.77]
  3. Jan 14, 2013
    This game should have stayed classified or, at the very least, been redacted.