4.8

1. Nov 14, 2012
    People need to stop inflating the score for this game.

I get it, you are trying to justify the purchase of your new handheld and want to see it, and Sony, succeed. You don't do that by lying to the consumer, trying to get them to buy the system and a lackluster game simply to support Sony.

The truth is, the system is just too expensive at the moment, with a games catalogue too
    insignificant to justify grabbing one at this time. For the game itself, it is CoD. The gameplay, for the most part is there. However, with this release, almost anything meaty that the series has to offer has been stripped away. The singleplayer content is astonishingly brief, the multiplayer is stripped down with small maps and a reduced player count, and the visuals themselves are simply par for the course, as far as the system goes.

It is not a game worth owning. Not at full price, anyway. If you are a die-hard CoD fan, it might be worth your while. For everyone else, wait on this, and certainly don't buy the system for it. It's a sub-par game, nothing more.
  2. Nov 13, 2012
    I've picked this game today along with the Black ops 2 itself for pc, I do not want to compare this game to Black Ops 2 since its simply a sequel to Black Ops I. Well No one ever forced sony to give this franchise to Nihilistic ! sony could buy themselves a huge score with these games....unfortunately that is only a dream. Its shame to see the single player is completed over 3-4 hours on veteran diffuclty, there is not much a story there as well....the gameplay is only limited only walking toward different alleys where the design of all of em looks quiet similar and just like resistance very dead and killing some enemies which are positioned behinde the boxed around ...
    Multiplayer experience is much better than it was on resistance although it has nth to be compared with black ops 1 itself....
    graphics are as bad as they were in Resistance, just the frame rate is more stable .... in generall its not in a same level with Uncharted, AC, NFS at all....
    well dun waste money for this game since there are much more better choices such as NFS and perhaps AC and of corz awesome choices like Zero Escape, Persona 4, LBP
  3. Nov 13, 2012
    I'm very disappointed with this game. All over scripted rail shooter. This fps has one of the stupidest stories I have ever come across in a game,the characters are boring. The graphics are mediocore at best and bad at worst. This game is very short also,you can complete it in about 5 hours,definataly not worth your time and money.Horrible map design, horrible game design in general. The MP is quite entertaining though... 5,5 Expand
  4. Dop
    Nov 13, 2012
    Ok i cant believe that i pay 50$ for this crap, all the 10 must be , nihilistic crew or the first wave of COD fanboys, maps are small, AI is stupid, and the single campaign is a joke. if u want to waste 50$ then throw it on the street u are going to feel a lot better.
  5. Nov 13, 2012
    I regret that I bought this game. It is so horrible. Play just not interested. The levels are boring and monotonous, as weapons. AI is awful and nothing can take, so bad. Multiplayer is boring and dull, but the schedule is awful as the levels from the artistic point of view.
  6. Nov 13, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Black Ops Declassified is truly one of the most disappointing games I've bought in a while. While the graphics, guns and framerate are good, everything else is just awful. The single player campaign consists of 10 missions that last 5-10 minutes each, and there really isn't a story. The cutscenes are just pieces of declassified papers flying around with someone talking. You play as woods and Mason, but they aren't in any rendered cutscenes, because there are none. So the single player campaign is very linear, one dimensional and truly feels like a watered down port of black ops 1. Another problem I have is that the maps are very bland and boring. They all have an urban feel to them, there's no natural levels to be found. Also nuketown comes back as a map, but its been cut in half for some reason. Then there's hostiles mode, a mode where you face off against waves of soldiers similar to MW3. It was honestly the only mode I enjoyed. Then there's multiplayer, the problem isn't 4v4, the problem is the layout. I don't know why but all the times I've played online there were less than 8 people. It also takes awhile to load and you get dropped alot. Also nukehouse is very laggy online. The multiplayer is really disappointing for me. As for the game as a whole it just feels limited compared to black ops 2, even black open 1. The graphics are good but there are alot of jagged edges indicating that the game is not running at native resolution and is intact upscaled(seriously, why are all vital games upscaled?).

Overall this game was a huge disappointment. Obviously its not good if you can't even find reveiws on it. You can trust mine because I have the game and just finished it. The thing that bugged me the most was the price. This game is 49.99$ both retail and in the PlayStation Store. Why? 50$ for the retail version is a ripoff, but the digital version costs the same? For 10$ more you can get black ops 2 which is better in every single way. But this game was just a huge waste of money and makes me want to sell my vital, it's that bad. Heck, I enjoyed modern combat 2 on my android phone more than this game. Its just a very big letdown and you should just stick to consoles because its cheap, greedy stunts like this that really hurts the vital. In fact I don't think Sony cares for it, they release NOTHING for it. The latest vita app was the YouTube one they released 5 months ago. Overall do not get this game, if the price ever drops to 20$ then it would be worthwhile to me.
  7. Nov 14, 2012
    Terrible game. Only given good reviews by people desperate to justify spending their money on this bomb. Save your money and go and buy something else, ANYTHING else.
  8. Nov 15, 2012
    This game is a terrible mess. it's just to painful an experience to write any more about it.

And lol @ anyone giving this game a 10 ,I don't think many people will ever take your user reviews serious again....
  9. Nov 15, 2012
    Call of Duty Declassified was overall a disappointment. At £35 for a portable game it seemed expensive, however, the single-player campaign which was only 45 minutes was lackluster. The multi-player is 4 vs 4 on tiny maps where you spawn next to the enemy was awful. A complete embarrassment to the Call of Duty series. Note: Most of the user reviews giving it undeserved praise are PS3 fanboys who want to defend any exclusive game, however terrible it is. Expand
  10. Nov 13, 2012
    Very disappointing, to say the least. Declassified should've been a polished and impressive FPS debut for the franchise, however, sadly, it's anything but. Featuring very rough graphics, such as textures that are poorly done, as well as an inconsistent framerate, Declassified shows the bare minimum effort in making a functional game and then stopping there. So it's even worse than the game often doesn't work. The online has been having issues, including random disconnects, not very smooth online play once you get into a match, etc. So at least you have a good single player, right? Wrong. There's less than an hour of single player in Declassified. This is, quite frankly, the worst Vita game I've played. Expand
  11. Nov 13, 2012
    DUmb Ai , awful graphics, soldiers giving a pose before shooting, tiny tiny maps, made by nihilistic what can u expect nothing really , dont buy this crap.
  12. Nov 15, 2012
    Wow this is bad. After playing Black Ops 2 on Xbox 360, I thought it couldn't get any worse. But then I played this. The campaign is very short and on rails. Definitely not worth even close to $50.
  13. Nov 13, 2012
    Short game, bad graphics, not a real COD, a waste of money. Please ignore this game and move forward. The ones who say this is a good game are clearly its developers. None else feels like that.
  14. Nov 14, 2012
    This game is just a bad joke, its absolutely horrible, single player ridiculous, just ten very tiny mission (keeps about 5 min each to complete), there is no story, the multiplayer is awful, it tooks me about 5 hours for play just 2 session, and also in the second one my system freeze with a nice pop up error message, people dont buy this game, dont waste money like me, this game is an abomination under a franchise name just for stole your money from your pocket, just one word to the developers, you should be ashamed of yourself for sell this kind of product for 50 bucks!!! Expand
  15. Nov 16, 2012
    Ok so this game dissappointed me very much. I was expecting a way better job from the franchise. There are too many glitches and bugs. The game causes my vita to crash at all times. Sometimes im stuck on a frozen screen, sometimes im playing multiplayer and out of no where i get booted back to the menu screen. The story mode or campaign is extremely short and easy. Overall i think they have alot of work to do. I have seriously considered getting rid of my vita. I was one of the first to get my vita and i have been waiting since for call of duty. I am very upset at the lack of effort put into this game. Not worth getting as a christmas gift at all. Expand
  16. Nov 15, 2012
    the best way to review this game for me is to describe you my experience with it and it went thus.

I visited my cousin and he has the game so I asked him to lend it to me while I'm there, so I started playing the single player like I always do and after an hour or so, done, story over, you've finished the game... Then when the shock had passed and I started to believe than a developer
    had the balls to charge 45 dollars for a game than I can finish quicker than a pie I went to the multiplayer in hopes that I would get something worth of the game, then I gave it back to my cousin telling him "boy I hope you're renting this". let's be honest not even the multiplayer justifies this sad excuse for even a Spunkgargleweewee. save yourself the money a get a PS Plus account Expand
  17. Nov 15, 2012
    It amazes me just how many ignorant consumers are content with settling for less. "Call of Duty in the palms of your hands!" says one clown. "Surprised by the quality!" says another. This title fails in every possible way. The single-player campaign is incredibly short. Multiplayer is limited to simplistic 4-on-4 action. There is absolutely no Zombies mode -- a crime of unspeakable severity. This is absolutely not the "Call of Duty" experience on a handheld system. Instead, it's just another sloppy, half-hearted effort from the goons at Nihilistic. Much like their previous failure, Resistance: Burning Skies, Call of Duty lacks polish and content. The Playstation Vita is capable of oh-so-much more, but if developers like this continue to be handed the rights to create titles for such large, successful, and important franchises as Call of Duty and even Resistance, I often wonder if we'll ever see it. Killzone and perhaps BioShock remain the two "last hopes" on the shooter scene, and who knows how those will fare. It's just a crying shame knowing that we could have had so much more on this system and that Nihilistic, once again, has delivered a title that's embarrassing not only to the franchise it represents, but the platform on which it's available. Expand
  18. Nov 15, 2012
    I've long since lost love with the Call of Duty franchise, but even by my own checked expectations this is absolutely diabolical. It's an absolute unflattering slap to the face of anyone who purchased the Vita in confidence of developer's taking it seriously. Nihilistic have appropriately closed their doors and sworn off ever developing for retail again, as they should. This is an absolute joke, the Vita is more than capable of delivering something worth standing alongside the rest of the franchise and deserved much better than this pathetic effort. Looks dates, feels dated and the absolute absence of character or identity makes Declassified feel like one of those pointless mobile download games. Nothing but a name and a couple of, barely, recognisable pixel collections. I seriously can't believe this piece of **** managed to slip on to the market. How didn't ANYONE at Nihilistic realise - oh forget it. Just avoid, avoid, avoid, avoid! Expand
  19. Nov 15, 2012
    No suprise..To me it just seems a bit rushed this game, and it does not look interesting overall. And since the devs is the same as Resistance Burning **** lol

Anyway,This game is just another overhyped COD title, sad see gamers hyped this type game in this days...
  20. Nov 15, 2012
    This game was sentenced to die. Sony and Activision gave the game to Nihilistic Software, who was already working on Resistance Burning Skies. Both games suffered from this decision, because neither game had enough development time to make them anything better than mediocre. Most of the positive reviews are people trying to justify their purchase. Not worth your time or money. Do not support this game otherwise more crappy games will come. Vote with your wallet. Expand
  21. Nov 15, 2012
    I went to my neighbor's house because they are the only ones with a Vita nearby. Asked to try this game. Beat it during the time I was at their house (In about an hour).

I think thats a nuff said. The online may be decent, but this doesn't live up to the COD name and it doesn't help that this isn't a true reflection of Vita's capabilities.
  22. Nov 17, 2012
    im really desapointed about this game, the campaing is ridiculous short, dont buy this game just for the name or because you are looking for a fps in vita, its not a right choice....
  23. Nov 14, 2012
    So they can port Mortal Kombat, Need for Speed Most Wanted, Ratchet & Clank, Playstation All Stars, Persona 4. Make decent games such as AC:Liberation and LBP... SO WHY ON EARTH DID THEY NOT PORT THE MULTI STRAIGHT TO THE VITA AND HAVE CROSS PLAY! Avoid this game like the plague.
  24. Nov 14, 2012
    Even if you like the run and gun playstyle of Call of Duty this game will leave you wanting your $50 back. The controls are not very good since they use the rear touch and touchscreen for actions like trowing grenades . The campaign missions are only minutes long with no checkpoints. The enemy AI is atrocious, just standing there waiting for you to waste a bullet on them. Multiplayer maps are tiny. If you hated being killed every 10 seconds in multiplayer and bad spawn points (some of them spawn you right in your enemy's reticule sights), then you can not even imagine the chaos formed in Nukehouse, a recycled, half a map of nuke town. All maps are tiny. Call of Duty deserves better. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. Expand
  25. Nov 14, 2012
    i have just spent £42.99 on this game..... absolute wast of my money! the operations are poor, the a.i is unfair to shockingly poor, the graphics for a handheld game are fine... not brilliant, the gameplay is mediocre and the online is not great, do not buy this game....

I've had my vita since launch and really want to love it... it is a great piece of kit but the software is
    average there are 1 or 2 great games but the last 2 that i have spent (quite a lot) of money on have been big name games, assassins creed and cod... neither of which are great come on sony! sort it out please! Expand
  26. Nov 17, 2012
    Bought the Limited Bundle edition hoping they'd be some sort of unique design to the iteration, like a call of duty logo on the back. It was my first PS Vita so I dropped my money in with the mentality that I was just buying the PS vita on sale and it just so happened to come with the COD game so if it sucked, I wouldn't be at a lost.

I have to say the game is just the worst game I have
    experienced in such a long time. In fact, Modern Warfare on the iOS tablets have more subsistence than this game.

People that are justifying the sloppy single player and the worst AI by saying its a MP centric game is clearly in delusion. To say not to expect a console counterpart on a handheld doesn't excuse the national tragedy Nhilistic has brought upon the COD Franchise. They guy that said he took 7 hours to complete.. has to be one of the worst player ever because this game takes around 30minutes to defeat in any difficulty.. I've never seen a game finish that fast, even on a phone .99$ game.
  27. Nov 13, 2012
    This review contains spoilers. O melhor fps que qualquer portatil ja teve, acho que ele deve ser comparado como tal e não como fps de console de mesa apesar de ter como ambição. parabens pelo bom trabalho corrigindo o pessimo trabalho feito no resistance burning skies. Collapse
  28. Nov 14, 2012
    Bought it - not impressed. The online is glitchy and the framerate sluggish. Would not recommend. At times it feels like the console version, but many times just falls flat.
  29. Nov 15, 2012
    Call of Duty: Black Ops: Declassified is not a good game. There is only one metric by which a consumer of this product could deem it good, and that's to be both starved of a worthy first-person shooter on the Vita and desperately attempting to rationalise one's purchase. Declassified is a bad game.

Lots of games are bad, in lots of creatively bad ways. Many games have curious new ideas
    that are flawed in their premise. Many others are not made to a high enough standard. Some are just developed by those who lack the skill to accomplish what they set out to do. Declassified is painfully, crushingly unambitious. It does very little, possibly because after Resistance: Burning Skies the developer reasoned that the less they make, the less they can make badly. It doesn't work. Declassified is a strangely empty package from a franchise that is known for wringing a great deal of value for the price of a boxed game, and what it brings to the table is positively rotten.

Single player is dull, plagued by ugly, short levels stuffed with braindead enemies while lacking any of the series' signature set-pieces. It's also very, very short - ten levels that each last five minutes or so to complete and lack any real cohesive plot - and have leaderboards that nobody should worry about bothering with.

Hostiles is a wave-based coop mode without coop. You take on swarms of soldiers that come your way and, alone, that's about it. The combat isn't dynamic and tactical enough to make it interesting.

Multiplayer, the franchise's mainstay, is a ghastly approximation of the real thing. Maps are small, game modes sparse and the feel, sound and look of the combat is all unsatisfying. It's plagued by technical issues that make the idea of finding a game upon booting the game an unsavoury and laborious thought. Having played six consecutive years of Call of Duty on consoles and PC, the sudden difficulty and wait in finding a stable match stands as a stark reminder of how un-CoDlike this abomination is.

Activision should be careful. The Call of Duty brand is, if anything, thought of providing consistent quality. This travesty of a release could do more damage to that image than sales would offset.

This game does not justify the price tag, the Call of Duty name or a spot on anyone's Vita. I strongly advise you against purchasing.
  30. Nov 15, 2012
    Shattered my last hopes for the Vita. For a portable gaming system that claims to have that console quality experience on the go, I'd say the PS Vita comes far from living up to that statement. After playing almost every game in its library so far, the only games that come close to that experience would be LBP and Need for Speed Most Wanted. As I looked to the future for upcoming Vita games it seemed to be vast and empty as little to no developers are jumping on board. So it seemed COD BO Declassified was one of its last hopes of redeeming itself and keeping a place in my hands. For such a HUGE AAA title of Call of Duty, what could possibly go wrong when shrunken down to a handheld? Alot. Now, at first playing the game it looks, feels and plays just like call of duty. So what could be wrong? Here's what's good and bad: Good: Looks and plays like COD on consoles. That's it for the pros.Bad: Super short campaign. Terrible A.I. Compressed multiplayer with plenty of connection issues. Tiny maps( Nuketown is cut in half!). Boring hostiles mode. Graphics are barely better than Resistance BS. Everything just seems so unpolished in this game and all modes are just not that fun at all. I tried to enjoy the Multiplayer but the maps are just so small that its hard to enjoy always responding right infront of someone. Just a big disappointment all the way and it brings the Vita down even farther as well as the Call of Duty name. These other reviewers may have liked when they first popped it in and turned it on like I did, but just give them a few days and they'll see what I mean(gets boring and repetitive fast). Please save your money on this one as your only paying an extra $10 on another crappy COD psp title that it comes with. Thought this would save the Vita, but oh well. I can always get a Wii U or something. Expand
  31. Nov 13, 2012

1. Declassified feels like a disappointing DLC bundle rather than a full release. In its best moments it proves that Call of Duty could work on the console, and it has some good ideas – earning XP across single-player for multiplayer unlocks is particularly neat – but it's exceptionally hard to justify how this ended up with a $70 price tag. The very best PS Vita games have proven that, in the portable market, size can still matter. This lesson has, ironically, been ignored by gaming's biggest franchise. [January 2013, p76]
  2. Jan 23, 2013
    This'll remind you of the very worst PSone FPS games. [Issue#227, p.77]
  3. Jan 14, 2013
    This game should have stayed classified or, at the very least, been redacted.