4.9

1. Nov 15, 2012
    Campaign is short but gives you a standard shooting experience. Enemy AI is my biggest complaint from the campaign as it can be like shooting targets that either stand and wait or just pop in and out of cover. Hostile mode is fun mindless shooting experience, definitely good practice for the multiplayer...which I bought the game for. Maps are small even for 4v4. They look okay but notCampaign is short but gives you a standard shooting experience. Enemy AI is my biggest complaint from the campaign as it can be like shooting targets that either stand and wait or just pop in and out of cover. Hostile mode is fun mindless shooting experience, definitely good practice for the multiplayer...which I bought the game for. Maps are small even for 4v4. They look okay but not up to the Vita's power. The main problem comes when trying to get into a match. You get into a lobby, things look like they are going good, about to start...main menu. This can go on and on for a while before actually getting into a match and even sometimes while in a match, you'll get booted from that. I give a six because, if there was seamless starting of matches, I would actually enjoy this game because it is a mini COD for the Vita. Expand
  2. Nov 13, 2012
    No wonder nihlistic made resistance burning skies so poorly. It was because they had to spend time working on this. This game passed my poor expectations and this game has awesome graphics for a handheld COD game, a good Unit 13-like story, great frame-rate, and good multiplayer, but it's only 4 vs 4. The adaptation to that was good by making smaller maps. Overall, the first good COD gameNo wonder nihlistic made resistance burning skies so poorly. It was because they had to spend time working on this. This game passed my poor expectations and this game has awesome graphics for a handheld COD game, a good Unit 13-like story, great frame-rate, and good multiplayer, but it's only 4 vs 4. The adaptation to that was good by making smaller maps. Overall, the first good COD game i've played in a long time. Expand
  3. Jan 28, 2013
    It's definitely a Call of Duty. It looks and plays like one. The singleplayer modes are fun enough. The multiplayer is kind of Black Ops Lite. The main problem I've encountered with it is that it's so buggy online. You'll get dropped from games constantly, you'll have trouble even connecting to a game, or you'll be the only person on one team, versus all four people from their team.It's definitely a Call of Duty. It looks and plays like one. The singleplayer modes are fun enough. The multiplayer is kind of Black Ops Lite. The main problem I've encountered with it is that it's so buggy online. You'll get dropped from games constantly, you'll have trouble even connecting to a game, or you'll be the only person on one team, versus all four people from their team. Worst of all, I doubt Nihilistic will fix any of this, seeing as how they no longer exist. It's a surprisingly good game, but a really disappointing multiplayer experience. Expand
  4. Sep 10, 2013
    NOTE: I'm reviewing the game in its final patched state, which is really quite fun. Early reviews are based on the unpatched version, which apparently was absolutely awful. This is stripped-down Call of Duty, with an accelerated campaign, a truncated survival mode (here called "Hostiles") and a mostly-intact multiplayer. Graphics and AI both take an understandable hit. What the game lacksNOTE: I'm reviewing the game in its final patched state, which is really quite fun. Early reviews are based on the unpatched version, which apparently was absolutely awful. This is stripped-down Call of Duty, with an accelerated campaign, a truncated survival mode (here called "Hostiles") and a mostly-intact multiplayer. Graphics and AI both take an understandable hit. What the game lacks in features, though, it makes up for in the Call of Duty magic. This really actually feels like a Call of Duty game you can play in between classes or on the bus, and that (for me) makes up for all the cut corners. Expand
  5. May 19, 2014
    Don't know why too much bad reviews for this game. It's not the best game of the series, but I think it's a good game. It's very alike the Call of Duty Black Ops (PS3), but it has a very quick campaign, but if you try it in veteran you can maintain yourself playing it for hours. And about the multiplayer mode, I haven't experienced any lag matches, since my network isn't any good. ^_^
  6. Mar 30, 2014
    Я могу сказать одно. Кампания, это не для шутеров. Игру спасает отличный мультиплеер. Если вам нужен именно он, тогда берите КоД.
  7. Nov 1, 2014
    The game is good for it's multiplayer the Campaign it's really not a Campaign it's just operations with people from the black ops games the only reason you might get this is for it's multiplayer.

The game cost 20 bucks.
  8. Nov 15, 2012
    A truly awful set of micro missions masquerading as a single-player campaign is balanced, in part, by an entertaining challenge mode and a solid multi-player offering. There is certainly fun to be had in the online mode, but whether that's worth the full price of admission is debatable. Read my full review at ukvitablog.co.uk
  9. Nov 15, 2012
    I'll just start off by saying that the biggest problem with this game, is that there is simply not enough content, especially if you are not interested in replaying the same missions over again to beat it on the highest difficulty and beat your friends. There are ten single player missions, each of which can roughly be completed in about 4-5 minutes, so if you do the math, thats rightI'll just start off by saying that the biggest problem with this game, is that there is simply not enough content, especially if you are not interested in replaying the same missions over again to beat it on the highest difficulty and beat your friends. There are ten single player missions, each of which can roughly be completed in about 4-5 minutes, so if you do the math, thats right timmy, the game can be beat in under an hour. However, the game is refreshingly challenging, so in reality, especially if you play it on higher difficulties, you could easily double your time with the single player operations mode, but then again, that's still only two hours. Thankfully though, the single player doesn't stop there. There are time trials to complete with cardboard targets too shoot, which was a lot of fun, and hostiles mode, which is effectively a somewhat stripped down version of the MW3 survival mode. I am a huge fan of survival modes so I got a big kick out of hostiles, especially since it was also quite challenging. I would have liked to see some more weapon customization and more strategizing between waves (between each wave all you can do is pick up a dropped care package) but still, fans of survival based gameplay should enjoy it, however, keep in mind that hostiles is not cooperative, which is a downside. Ofcourse, single player is only half of the game, or if you have the attitude of the majority of COD players, 10% of the game. Multiplayer in BOD is surprisingly well fleshed out, and although it does have some omissions, (killcams, no in game voice chat, no weapon camo) it does a fantastic job of translating and replicating the intense fast paced combat of its console brothers with killstreaks, tons of gun customizations, perks, custom loadouts and the like. Just like COD on consoles, its far too easy to get sucked in to the multiplayer and refuse to put the game down. But, unfortunatley, there are some key problems that detract from the multiplayer, and one of these issues is common to the problems I had with singleplayer: lack of content. There are only six maps, and most of them are very tiny and somewhat cramped. Nukehouse is basically nuketown cut in half, which gets really crazy really fast, which you will either love or hate. Personally, I would have preffered if they had just left nuketown untouched. Ultimately, it makes sense that the maps in this game are so small, since the game has a limit of 8 players, and the smaller maps do do a pretty adequate job of hiding this fact, but its brings spawning and other issues to the forefront. Even though one of the maps is a nearly exact replica of COD4's shipment (awesome!) I would have preffered more maps with a larger variety of game modes. Multiplayer also only has four game modes (team DM, kill confirmed, free for all, and a mode called drop zone) much fewer weapons, very few perks, some of which aren't even that useful, and a small amount of kill streaks that are somewhat unbalanced. The 10 kill streak attack chopper can be shot down with 1 quick shot of a rocket launcher, which makes the final and most difficult killstreak to achieve not very rewarding. However the most annoying problem with the multiplayer is the gliches and connection problems. Very frequently I would wait to load a match only to have it instantly revert back to the main menu, a few times I was abruptly disconnected from a match with no notice or pop up that said why this happened. I will say however that when connecting to a match did work, it was very quick. Glitches were also unfortunatley common. Expect to see attack choppers and spy planes stuck in the ground, among other things. All in all though, the multiplayer can be a blast if your able to work around some of the issues I have discussed. If there one thing I cant say about BOD, its that it plays poorly. This is the exact gameplay you know and love wonderfully translated to the vita. The framerate is generally very smooth, and the controls work extremely well. These are bar none the best controls I have ever experienced for a handheld shooter, even if throwing grenades can be a little cumbersome at times. Graphics are also surprisingly decent, there are some uglies at time but looks good on the whole. Sound is also good.

Even with all the problems I have discussed, this game still gets a 7 because this game plays nearly as good on the vita as it does on consoles, which is a huge feat. When your zipping around the multiplayer maps shooting up your enemies with all the speed and precision you'd expect from a COD title, or pushing through hostiles to show your friends whose boss, its easy to forget the numerous shortcomings of this game. This game has the potential to be great, but unfortunatley Activision gave Nihilistic the shaft with a low budget, no advertising and a ridiculously short development period. BOD declassified is better than it could've been, but not as good as it should've been.
  10. Nov 15, 2012
    I feel like expectations are different for different people on this game. I was expecting a game where I could play a short mission on the go, as well as get a multiplayer experience similar to the console versions. I got exactly what I was expecting! Graphics are good, but not mind blowing. I think smooth gameplay is more important and the game plays extremely smooth. Controls are greatI feel like expectations are different for different people on this game. I was expecting a game where I could play a short mission on the go, as well as get a multiplayer experience similar to the console versions. I got exactly what I was expecting! Graphics are good, but not mind blowing. I think smooth gameplay is more important and the game plays extremely smooth. Controls are great after adjusting sensitivity. Multiplayer is very fun! Small maps means less camping, which makes this the go to CoD multiplayer of choice for me. Yes the campaign levels are short but they are meant to be replayed on different difficulties. I think the AI is not as smart as it could be but works well enough. Overall 7, since the game is fun, with some things that could improve for a later version. Please be open minded about the mixed reviews here. Low ratings seem to be the people that sit home playing their vita like its a game console. Portable games are not meant to have 30 minute campaign levels! This game was made with the idea that you will play your portable system in places other than your couch with black ops 2 sitting in your home console. Expand
  11. Nov 14, 2012
    Honestly, it's about what I expected a Call of Duty game on the Vita to be. It's nothing amazing, but it's not horrible either. The controls are very rough and take a long time to get used to. The story is disjointed and takes place across small bite sized missions which last about 5-10 minutes each (maybe 10-12 in total, forgot to count) and the visuals are muddy at best. But, at theHonestly, it's about what I expected a Call of Duty game on the Vita to be. It's nothing amazing, but it's not horrible either. The controls are very rough and take a long time to get used to. The story is disjointed and takes place across small bite sized missions which last about 5-10 minutes each (maybe 10-12 in total, forgot to count) and the visuals are muddy at best. But, at the end of the day, it's a Call of Duty game on the Vita and if you are a big fan, you'll look past a lot to have that. This should only be for the hardest of the hardcore CoD fans as the online is troublesome to find games, but the games are decent fun on the go. Expand
  12. Nov 15, 2012
    Many of you may be enjoying this game for what it is, but the reality is, it's a shadow of what it could and should have been. It was stunted by a short deadline and a poor developer, but that's fixable.
    Now I'm not sure in nStigate is still responsible for the patches or if Activision has fully taken over, but here are some of the things I believe could revive the name of portable CoD and maybe even sell more Vitas. ADD AIM ACCELLERATION. One of the staples of the CoD experience is the aim accleration. This helps fine aiming and allows for quick movement at the same time. BOD does not have this, turning is done at a fixed rate of speed. The introduction of aim acceleration like its console brothers would really enhance the experience. SHORTEN GRENADE FUSES AND THROW ANIMATION TIMES. They are way too slow. It's very important to be able to chuck out a flash as you retreat, and if my character is stuck fumbling with the pin and trying to remember how to throw, I can't use flashes to their full capability. Also, grenade timers are too long. Match grenade timers and throw times with the console versions. FIX AUTO-SPRINT This is a broken feature, whoever designed it should be shot. It never works for more than a consecutive second or two without glitching in and out of sprint, and if I turn it off, I can no longer sprint. Bring back Resistance's feature of double-tapping the rear touchpad. That was perfect. MAKE HOSTILES MODE MULTIPLAYER. Good Lord, what were you thinking? Taking out Zombies and then making the survival mode you replaced it with single player? Please, please fix this.
    INCREASE AI DIFFICULTY BY 100 IQ POINTS. They see through walls, but don't seem to care that there is a wall there as they shoot at it, and throw grenades at it. AI needs a complete redo, TBH. MORE MAPS. I will gladly pay for them. But please, make them a little bigger. Spwaning in front of the enemy is no fun. ADD S&D, Domination, and Headquarters. These are staples of the CoD experience. Please put them back in. Also, Sony, you need to fix the input lag times for the analog sticks. It's very noticeable, especially in FPS games.
  13. Nov 16, 2012
    This game is tough to review because it depends so much on what each individual was expecting because of the COD name. If you wanted a great single player campaign then look elsewhere. The campaign here is divided up into about 15 short missions exactly like Unit 13. AI is sub-par and there is no story to grab onto anywhere. It is simply a dud.
    If you are looking for a COD multiplayer
    If you are looking for a COD multiplayer experience then for the most part I would have to say it is here. It has all the familiar elements of COD such as killstreaks and custom classes. The online games are 4 vs. 4 but don't let that fool you, they actually seem perfect due to the scaled down map sizes. The controls are smooth(after a little sensitivity tweaking in options) and after a little time the touch screen grenades actually aren't all that bad. The graphics are much better than we were shown in the trailers too. All in all, this game perfectly fills a void in my vita collection but it may not for everyone. I would buy this game again.
  14. Nov 13, 2012
    I'll preface this by saying that I have barely played the game, just picked it up while grabbing coffee this morning and snuck in the tutorial and first singleplayer OP. Thus far, it does feel much more like a CoD game than Burning Skies felt like a Resistance game...
    However, it seems like some of the sound effects are indeed lifted directly from that other Nihilistic title. I'm not playing with headphones on currently, but yeah, gunfire sounds similarly lackluster. However, the visuals and the feel of the game are right in line with your average CoD experience on a console. Big dumb Michael Bay style action movie sequences, breaching doors and taking people out in slow-mo, plenty of explosions.
    The enemy AI is a little retarded, just like in Burning Skies. They just suddenly spawn on the map once you get to certain points. And sometimes they just immediately know where you are and start taking potshots at you.
    Overall the singleplayer "campaign" appears to be more fun than Burning Skies was. Will chime in with more comments when I've had some time to play with headphones for full sound immersion, but this game isn't as terrible as we feared. Still not sure the price was warranted...
    But for perspective, let's take a look at a screenshot from the NDS version of Black Ops I. Going to go out on a limb and say that Declassified is the best handheld CoD ever.
    I'd love to post some screenshots of my playthrough, but apparently screenshots are disabled in Declassified. Which is annoying... like they did not want people with press copies posting their own screens??
  15. Nov 13, 2012
    if you consider that the cost of this portable title is almost equal the PC/360 counterparts you should be expecting the same amount of content and depth in the game. Instead you get 10 missions without any story that you can play through in an hour and multi player which is more like baby multiplayer with handful of maps/weapons etc.. Playing the game is very similar to hugelyif you consider that the cost of this portable title is almost equal the PC/360 counterparts you should be expecting the same amount of content and depth in the game. Instead you get 10 missions without any story that you can play through in an hour and multi player which is more like baby multiplayer with handful of maps/weapons etc.. Playing the game is very similar to hugely unsuccessful Resistance for Vita from the same developer - it isn't bad, and the multiplayer works better this time around - but it's just lacking on all fronts. If this game cost £5 like games on Appstore it would be great value for money - for £34.99 we should expect much more than this.. SONY should really reconsider how much they are charging us for Vita games... Expand
  16. Nov 15, 2012
    I have the game and its the first time I have bought and enjoyed a game that has received such horrible scores. Seriously, 1,2,3 out of 10 suggests that the game is actually broken (bubsy 3d). At worst this game deserves 5/10 but even that is if youre silly enough to expect a 360 cod on vita. I think reviewers are mad they had to pay for a game and others clearly do not have/have notI have the game and its the first time I have bought and enjoyed a game that has received such horrible scores. Seriously, 1,2,3 out of 10 suggests that the game is actually broken (bubsy 3d). At worst this game deserves 5/10 but even that is if youre silly enough to expect a 360 cod on vita. I think reviewers are mad they had to pay for a game and others clearly do not have/have not played the game and its a case of chinese whispers. If this exact game was on 3DS it would have been sang to high heaven! The single player missions may take 50 minutes on easy but I dont recall anyone slating star fox 3d or mario kart where you can see all levels and beat them in an hour (with only harder difficulty to come back for) and the online in those games is no way near as robust as this! Anyway, the graphics are good, the frame rate is rock solid, the controls are good, the sound is good. The missions are fun and OTT as you'd expect - both operations and time trials - which will take hours to beat on 3 star difficulty.

Hostiles (aka zombies with living enemies) has 11 maps and again to 3 star each will take hours and is very challenging

Finally the online games connect quick with no lag! I play free for all so am used to 8 players in a game. I have played team deathmatch and its never a case of running around the map just looking for opponents! Small maps = this is not a game for campers or snipers and forcing running and gunning. This, for me, makes the online here more enjoyable than far superior console shooters like battlefield or cod. I would say at the least play the game for yourself.
  17. Nov 17, 2012
    Listen... I had this game for about 3 days. A lot of people have negative outputs for this game but for what? Yea, the campaign is horrible but its really multiplayer that drives COD. This game has a decent multiplayer. It's very entertaining and I'm happy for this title. All in all, no one really cares about campaign.. Stick to multiplayer, which is great.
  18. Nov 20, 2012
    I agree 100% with Drumhead19's review. I could not have said it better myself. I gave it a slightly lower rating than Drumhead19 as the narrative for the campaign could have been better and the AI could have been better. I did play MP last night and was having some solid fun.
  19. Nov 28, 2012
    WARNING; the multiplayer for this game (the only reason to buy a Call of Duty game imo) absolutely will NOT WORK IF YOU ARE USING ANYTHING OTHER THAN WIFI off of a home internet connection. All of my other vita games will work using 4g/LTE tethering with my android phone. This is the only game that does not. There are no error messages, the ps vita simply boots me back to the main screenWARNING; the multiplayer for this game (the only reason to buy a Call of Duty game imo) absolutely will NOT WORK IF YOU ARE USING ANYTHING OTHER THAN WIFI off of a home internet connection. All of my other vita games will work using 4g/LTE tethering with my android phone. This is the only game that does not. There are no error messages, the ps vita simply boots me back to the main screen and then freezes when I try to restart a multiplayer game. If I use my home wifi connection, the online multiplayer works fine, and is as one would hope, Call of Duty in your hand. At least they included adhoc multiplayer (I have two vitas). But seriously, what is the point of making a ps vita game that can only be played at home on my wifi connection? Why wouldnt I just use my ps3? And how about some kind of error message about my connection instead of the game just freezing? I gave it a 5 instead of a zero because it is useful for playing via adhoc with my friends using my two vitas, but for most people who dont carry around two ps vitas the only reason to buy this game is if you do not own a ps3. Expand
  20. Nov 15, 2012
    People who are scoring this 0 - 4 need to grow up (including gaming websites) and what's with the 10's and 9's ? it ain't that good people. Review games fair ! Is it perfect ? far from it, but its not the total mess that people are making it out to be either ! Nihilistic have made some improvements to the game since the 1st trailer.

The graphics have been polished up a bit, and while

The graphics have been polished up a bit, and while not the best looking Vita game it does its job of looking like COD and I've not noticed any major framerate problems. Controls are standard COD controls with a few things mapped to the touch screen like knife and grenades, they work well enough. The sound is a ok but the weapons sound weak.

The single play is short and a little disappointing, It feels more like Spec Ops with short missions, instead of a real story. The survival mode is ok if a little basic but the multiplayer is the highlight, and apart from a few connection problems (which should be fixed) it's pretty fun, it feels like mini COD with 4 v 4 matches. Overall it should have been better but its not completely broken, the multiplayer saves it from being a total waste of time. But it shows that a fps can work on the Vita. Judge it on its own, not up against the console version. 7 out of 10
  21. Nov 16, 2012
    This game is by no means perfect, but it is fun. It is not broken and it works well for what it is. There is a lot of negativity around this game, unwarranted IMO. If you are expecting an exact port of the console version, you will be disappointed. However, this is by far the best portable FPS, ever, period. It is too expensive @ 49.99. I used my $20 credit on the PSN that I got thisThis game is by no means perfect, but it is fun. It is not broken and it works well for what it is. There is a lot of negativity around this game, unwarranted IMO. If you are expecting an exact port of the console version, you will be disappointed. However, this is by far the best portable FPS, ever, period. It is too expensive @ 49.99. I used my $20 credit on the PSN that I got this month, so I feel it was worth it @ $29.99.
    The campaign is short, but sweet, addictive for completionists. Hostiles is fun and just as addictive, but no replacement for Zombies. The gameplay works. The dual sticks are great. I had to tweek the sensitivity way down. The touch screen stuff takes some time to get used to , but is fine. My experience with the multi-player has been good. Always connect, very little lag. However, the map variation is weak and there aren't enough differnt modes. I would have liked to see domination here. Kill confirmed works well here and is my go-to. The graphics are decent, for a portable. Everything looks good and the framerate rarely breaks down.
    The sounds was pretty terrible out of the box, however a recent patch has brought it up to serviceable. The gunfire sounds on-point and the echo effect is cool in the earphones. Prior to the patch I was able to play my Vita play list in the background, even on-line, which was super cool. After the patch that stopped working.

Breakdown:

Graphics: 7.0
    Sound: 5.5
    Gameplay: 7.5
    Replay: 7.5
    Overall: 7.0 (not an average)

If you are looking for a replacement for the console you won't find it here. If you are looking for COD on the go, to play on the bus plane or just when your TV has been taken over this works well. It is not broken, at all! It is fun addictive and can hone your skills while you commute. A little over priced @ $49.99. However, I stand by the statement; this is the best portable FPS ever. PS; I also play Hostiles in between rounds of COD BLOPS 2, but I am a huge nerd so....
  22. Dec 3, 2012
    Pros: -feels like COD
    -plays well with a good fps
    -multiplayer Cons: -lack of zombies -lack of vita microphone support making matches feel empty -lag issues. I find myself putting a full clip into someone and then they shoot me, I die, then the shot registers on them after my death causing both of us to die. pretty ridiculous. -glitches -lack of maps -low player count and
    Pros: -feels like COD
    -plays well with a good fps
    -multiplayer

Cons:
    -lack of zombies
    -lack of vita microphone support making matches feel empty
    -glitches
    -lack of maps
    -low player count and obvious lack of development time for the graphics could of been better.
    -terrible AI
    -no killcam/ final kill
    Conclusion: basically this game needs a patch for mic support, less glitches, lag problems, and killcam implementation. Some DLC for more maps and zombies and this game could be a 9/10. If you want a quick COD fix on the go this is the game for you, but its a step down and unless you are a true fan or want a fps on the go I wouldn't recommend this unless a patch comes out, which of 12/3 it has not.
  23. Nov 19, 2012
    Nihilistic is getting thrown to the wolves by Activision.
    The savage reviews and frothing rage are completely out of context and misdirected.
    The original schedule for this title was 2 years. 18 months were spent by two studios who could not make it run at better than 10 FPS on Vita. NSI was brought in to save Activision from their own disaster. There was no concurrent
    Nihilistic is getting thrown to the wolves by Activision.

The original schedule for this title was 2 years.

NSI was brought in to save Activision from their own disaster.

There was no concurrent development during the production of Burning Skies. From a cold start they made this game in six months. And no, this is not a re-skinned Resistance. A lot of new tech was written for it. Given the circumstances and time frame this was an amazing achievement.

Achievement Unlocked: Game Crunch Warrior!
    Make a solid Hand-Held FPS in 1/4 of a realistic schedule

The price was not set by the studio, it was set by the publisher. The limited scope of the game was dictated purely by the ludicrously short amount of time they had.

Quit kicking the studio that pulled off a miracle. Save your venom for the publisher that set this whole debacle up.

@codbod_insider
  24. Nov 15, 2012
    Call of Duty Black Ops:Declassified was the very first COD on the Vita, but how did it stack up?

GRAPHICS: We know that the Vita can handle some amazing graphics,but we're not at that stage in the Vita's lifetime yet.But the the graphics have gradually been improving. I'd say, this is probably the best looking game for the Vita thus far. CONTROLS: Hey, they work. At first,

GRAPHICS:

CONTROLS:

Hey, they work. At first, it will feel pretty weird playing the game, but spend a little time and it'll feel just fine.

STORY:

Well, that's the thing. There is no story. There is a "Campaign" mode, which isn't really the proper term,
    because it's more like a bunch of missions. 10 missions to be exact. There aren't that many, and it honestly won't take you
    that long. As the name of the game says, "Declassified", The missions are all based on classified missions
    that the characters: Alex Mason and Frank Woods from the original game took part in, aside from the original
    story of the first one. So. No, there really is no story in this one.
    There is also a Hostiles mode, which is similar to the one in MW3. Waves of enemies come at you as you try to survive. Pretty straight-forward.

MULTIPLAYER:

Single-Player wise..there really isn't much content, I'd say the main seller for this game, and basically the
    entirety of the bulk of this game is the Multiplayer. 4 v 4 matches honestly aren't that bad. There are 6
    maps and they do feel really crowded, and despite the controls being fine, it just feels awkward sometimes online.
    But I'm not trying to bash the game here. It's definitely fun. VERDICT:

I've been hearing a lot of negative feedback from this game, and I can understand why. Content wise there isn't alot
    and the price was pretty high. Would you want to pay $50 for a game with a pretty rushed single player experience
    and mostly focused on the multiplayer? Like I said, and I will say it again: What the game lacks in single player, it definitely
    makes up for it in multiplayer. It sure is fun playing it, and let me tell you, when you play this game with friends
    over the Vita Party Voice-Chat..it's just a great time. The multiplayer isn't anything too innovative though, and is classic COD multiplayer but hey. This is literally the 2nd FPS for the Vita..so we got to be a bit more forgiving. If anything,
    this game feels like a first step. I feel other developers can learn from this game and make better, improved FPS's.

7/10 for me. All the single player aspects really could've been improved, they felt rushed, and felt like
    not much thought was put in. The multi player is the bulk of this game, for the 2nd FPS on the Vita, it's still
    pretty fun, not bad at all, but of course there is still much room for improvement.
  25. Nov 15, 2012
    COD Declassified feels like a COD game, even though it has been condensed dramatically for the Vita. Overall, I am having a blast with it. However, I do not think it is worth 50 dollars for such a short story mode, and such a limited amount of multiplayer maps. Not to mention, there are numerous glitches and laughably dumb AI issues that players will have to put up with. For starters,COD Declassified feels like a COD game, even though it has been condensed dramatically for the Vita. Overall, I am having a blast with it. However, I do not think it is worth 50 dollars for such a short story mode, and such a limited amount of multiplayer maps. Not to mention, there are numerous glitches and laughably dumb AI issues that players will have to put up with. For starters, the main single player story mode is not exactly a story. It consists of 10 short separate missions that lasts roughly 5 minutes each if not less. Theoretically, all 10 missions should take less than 50 minutes to beat. But if you play on an advanced difficulty, it could take up to 4 or 5 hours to complete them all. Given the price that I paid for it, I would have expected at least 20 short missions. 10 just made the game feel incomplete. There are 5 maps available for survival mode(single player only), which helps to add some extra replay value to the single player element. What I don't like about it though, is that the difficulty increases between each wave to such an extreme, that the most waves I've ever survived was 5. On Modern Warfare 3 for the console, my record was 40 waves, so the difficulty spikes for the Vita version in comparison definitely cuts down the amount of time you can play each survival level. Multiplayer is probably the main meat of the game, just like it has always been for COD. Instead of 16 player games like the console COD games, Declassified supports a maximum of 4 vs 4 on 5 different maps. This may be a turn off at first thought, but to my surprise it actually felt just as fun as the console experiences. The maps are more cramped though, so there are less opportunities to snipe. Now let's talk about the worst part of the game; the glitches and dumb AI. I've heard quite a few complaints about the numerous glitches in the game, but I've only really been bothered by one in particular. I'm talking about the function of picking up an enemy grenade and throwing it back. More than half the time, when I try that tactic, I end up chucking it 90 degrees to the left of me even though I am aiming straight ahead. I found that pretty frustrating, but I believe if you preset your aim before you chuck the grenade back, it will more than likely go straight. The enemy AI is the part that I am most disappointed with. Enemies will act real aggressive and make you believe that they are going to blow your head off instantly. But after a few play throughs, I realized that some of that behavior is just an empty threat. Enemies at times will charge into you, but instead of attacking like you would expect, they just retreat, or run around in circles, and then look at you for 5 seconds before finally deciding to pull the trigger. The enemy is some cases are suicidal as well. I've seen enemies hide behind cars for cover and just unload their mags into the car in an attempt to shoot you, which eventually leads to the car exploding and them dying. Other times enemies will attempt to throw a grenade at you, but the grenade would bounce off a wall and they would end up blowing themselves up. Once on the second operation (the timed hostage rescue), I actually ran around in a methodical manner and managed to make 3 enemies kill themselves without me having to fire a single round. I laughed. It was like watching a comedy show. However, even with all these issues being considered, the game is still quite enjoyable over all. The only reason why this game is not getting a 10/10 from me is because of the dumb AI and the lack of single player missions. Expand
  26. Nov 13, 2012
    A very good port... When it works. Half of the games I join I get booted out of immediately. Another good portion of games have terrible lag. The maps are a little small. Spawn points are unintuitive. Good for on-the-go fun, but not a worthy port of the console versions. Also, everyone camps. It's not fun.
  27. Nov 13, 2012
    This is a game we vita owners have been waiting for. Some excited. Some terrified. Me? I was on the fence with this one. I love the cod multiplayer experiance, I would love to have that same experiance on the vita. After playing this game for a good couple hours I do have to say I am impressed, Not as much as I wished though. We all know this is made by the same people who brought us theThis is a game we vita owners have been waiting for. Some excited. Some terrified. Me? I was on the fence with this one. I love the cod multiplayer experiance, I would love to have that same experiance on the vita. After playing this game for a good couple hours I do have to say I am impressed, Not as much as I wished though. We all know this is made by the same people who brought us the sub par game resistance Burning skies. I bought this knowing it was low rated. I gave it a shot and ran into so many issues with online games such as freezing when a match ends, other players not dieing when shooting them or stabbing them and my least favorite, getting booted from matches the second its about to start. So far I have seen a couple of these same instances in declassified although this is not even close to the amount of times I had that happen in burning skies. The gun models and sounds stick rather well to what you get in black ops 1 for the big name consoles. The run feature has to be the most confusing choice, in burning skies you could tap the back pad to make them run, in cod declassified, you run after holding the move joystick for a second, this is auto run feature. Some may dig it but I like to control my running. There is a option to change this but to run you press down on the d pad. Not to bad but I can say the back pad would have been a better choice. I also had the impression of single player having a solid story but feels like I am playing hostiles. As I played the story, every enemy who dies will earn you XP. I understand its a seperate thing but the game almost gets sucked away from the story when you see 100xp on your screen for every kill, I maybe nit picking here but thats just me. Hostiles is nice to waste some time on but we all know that zombies was the better choice but for some reason it was left out, it didnt ruin the game for me but it would have been cooler to shoot some undead then some bland character model. Hands down this is the best vita online game that there is to offer. I enjoy being able to play my own music to online matches since the lack of music in this game. Overall, its a good game and will probably be the best FPS shooter for vita until we see killzone get released. So far the experiance has been good but hoping that I dont continue to run into those same online issues that I had with burning skies. Fingers crossed all. Expand
  28. Nov 15, 2012
    This is a very good shooter - for a handheld. People don't seem to understand that the Vita is a handheld system and instead of rating a game on its merit and comparing to 3DS games they instead compare it with PS3 and 360 which is flattering to the Vita in a way. For those who played Resistance BS this is a far superior game, I'd give RBS a 3/10 as it was pitiful. The multiplayer is solidThis is a very good shooter - for a handheld. People don't seem to understand that the Vita is a handheld system and instead of rating a game on its merit and comparing to 3DS games they instead compare it with PS3 and 360 which is flattering to the Vita in a way. For those who played Resistance BS this is a far superior game, I'd give RBS a 3/10 as it was pitiful. The multiplayer is solid and probably on par with CoD 3. The SP is short but only if you play it on easy difficulty, play it on even the 2 star difficulty and I bet you that you won't be finishing up within 5 hours - 3 stars (Veteran) will take longer still. Then there is Hostile mode (similar to Gears Of War 3 Hoard mode) There's a decent amount of content here, a solid but short campaign and a solid multiplayer with no problems getting a game and lots of fun to be had. My advice is to give it a try. Expand
  29. Nov 15, 2012
    I bought this game today and was pleasantly surprised. The games looks good for a handheld and runs really smooth. I've played a lot of multiplayer, a couple campaign missions and quite a bit of the hostiles mode. So far critics have been harsh but I truly think they're butt hurt because of who made it, all the criticism they had for itbefore the game even came out, and the fact that itsI bought this game today and was pleasantly surprised. The games looks good for a handheld and runs really smooth. I've played a lot of multiplayer, a couple campaign missions and quite a bit of the hostiles mode. So far critics have been harsh but I truly think they're butt hurt because of who made it, all the criticism they had for itbefore the game even came out, and the fact that its not just like the console. People need to understand its a handheld. And for a handheld it's a hell of a lot of fun. Anyone who rates this lower than they rated Resistance Burning Skies shouldn't even be listened to because this beats that game out of the water. And I enjoyed the Resistance game for what it was but it doesn't come anywhere near this game. Expand
  30. Nov 29, 2012
    While this is not a great game, it's good. I never get a COD game for the main campaign, just the online multiplayer. With being said, the small part of the single player game I played was okay. The online only has three modes, and none of them was domination (my favorite) it does have drop zone which is similar. I have had a few issues with dropped games while online (my biggest issueWhile this is not a great game, it's good. I never get a COD game for the main campaign, just the online multiplayer. With being said, the small part of the single player game I played was okay. The online only has three modes, and none of them was domination (my favorite) it does have drop zone which is similar. I have had a few issues with dropped games while online (my biggest issue with the game.) Don't expect to get the grand experience of COD on PS3/360/PC. Expand
  31. Nov 13, 2012
    This is the first handheld true cod experience and in that way it succeeds. The graphics are allot better than expected and so is the game play. It is very fun to play and does feels like cod without question. I highly recommend this game. However on the minus sides its only 4 x 4 multilayer but I heard it was due to the vitals party limitations, it has not got enough maps (althoughThis is the first handheld true cod experience and in that way it succeeds. The graphics are allot better than expected and so is the game play. It is very fun to play and does feels like cod without question. I highly recommend this game. However on the minus sides its only 4 x 4 multilayer but I heard it was due to the vitals party limitations, it has not got enough maps (although downloads hopefully will add more). Nihlistic has done a fabulous job at the same. It is allot better than every expected and hopefully it will help vita success. Buy this game now. Collapse

1. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Jan 28, 2013
    Declassified feels like a disappointing DLC bundle rather than a full release. In its best moments it proves that Call of Duty could work on the console, and it has some good ideas – earning XP across single-player for multiplayer unlocks is particularly neat – but it's exceptionally hard to justify how this ended up with a $70 price tag. The very best PS Vita games have proven that, in the portable market, size can still matter. This lesson has, ironically, been ignored by gaming's biggest franchise. [January 2013, p76]
  2. Play UK
    Jan 23, 2013
    This'll remind you of the very worst PSone FPS games. [Issue#227, p.77]
  3. Jan 14, 2013
    This game should have stayed classified or, at the very least, been redacted.