8.4

1. Nov 20, 2013
    Okay,Ill start of by sayin am very familiar with Doa(my first doa game is 3 on the xboxx)Doa 5 on the vita is just plain awesome i will start with the goo:1:The graphics are fenomenal,2:The character models are great u can even see there freckles,sweat & dirt thats insane!!(!!!!!,3::The controls work very well on tha vita!!,4:Wide variety of modes,5:The way u can interact wit the stagesOkay,Ill start of by sayin am very familiar with Doa(my first doa game is 3 on the xboxx)Doa 5 on the vita is just plain awesome i will start with the goo:1:The graphics are fenomenal,2:The character models are great u can even see there freckles,sweat & dirt thats insane!!(!!!!!,3::The controls work very well on tha vita!!,4:Wide variety of modes,5:The way u can interact wit the stages while fighting is epic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!6:Each charcter has a unique move set7:The costumes are stunning,8:Online works well.,The bad:1:story mode is awful and very confusingg.,2::No tag teambattles only in story mode.

8//10(this game will be remembered and should be in the vita game hallbof fame with:Killzone,Mk-,Teraway etc.)
  2. Aug 17, 2013
    Dead or Alive 5 was my first game in the series (I'm not really a fighter game type) which I got from Playstation Plus and I am glad I did. After enjoying it for a while, I decided to get DoA5+. First of all, it really is the full game, and the difference in graphics is barely noticable. All the characters are unlocked from the start, thankfully, and the new training and touch battle modesDead or Alive 5 was my first game in the series (I'm not really a fighter game type) which I got from Playstation Plus and I am glad I did. After enjoying it for a while, I decided to get DoA5+. First of all, it really is the full game, and the difference in graphics is barely noticable. All the characters are unlocked from the start, thankfully, and the new training and touch battle modes are welcome and fun addictions. The character selection is limited, but the characters are all unique. The story is the same, and is fairly good, if not cheesy at times. The gameplay is solid, all controls are essentially the same as console versions. My only real complaint about this game is the removal of Tag Battles. Understandably there is no room for a button control for this on Vita, but tag battles occur in the main story, and it's frustrating that you have to let your character be KO'd to use their partner.

That aside, this is the best fighting game available for Vita, and one of the best fighters of all time.
  3. Jun 24, 2013
    For all its worth, it's amazing. I could not stress further how astonished I was that they successfully delivered a "near-accurate" rendition of the game to the handheld. It's everything I wanted it to be: A full-fledged DoA game for the Vits PLUS a training mode that's very helpful in discovering new combos and styles. Also, I'm sadly not a fan of the "touch fight" but it IS a good way toFor all its worth, it's amazing. I could not stress further how astonished I was that they successfully delivered a "near-accurate" rendition of the game to the handheld. It's everything I wanted it to be: A full-fledged DoA game for the Vits PLUS a training mode that's very helpful in discovering new combos and styles. Also, I'm sadly not a fan of the "touch fight" but it IS a good way to pass the time. Kudos Team Ninja! Expand
  4. Apr 29, 2013
    I am one of the biggest fighting fans around, and while this game came out on PS3 and Xbox 360 months ago, I decided to wait and get DOA 5+ for the Vita since it would come with more features. I am both happy I waited, and kind of upset. Lets start with the basics of a fighting game, the fighting.

The fighting is here and better than ever. You'll be searching a long time before you find a fighting game that looks this realistic while fighting. The fighting moves somehow look real enough to recall some fighting movies I have seen. The counters are one of the biggest reasons I love the DOA series. If someone is a really cheap fighter, the counters are here to combat that. You can turn the match around if you sense the moves fast enough.

There are a few different game modes here as well, Survival, Time Attack, Arcade, Versus, Story, Multiple training modes to teach you how to be amazing, and the online mode. All of the modes are fun to have when bored, mainly Survival.

The extra modes Plus comes with are less than worth the wait. Plus only comes with a few new features, and while some can be a fun time waster, you won't be using a lot of them. First is the Touch Fight. It works okay, but it gets pretty easy to win, and can get old fast since the regular fighting is so fluid and fun. The other new modes are a Tutorial mode for training, A Combo Challenge for training, Music customization for stages and characters which is very under utilized, and the ability to re-watch story cutscenes. The only one I really appreciate is the Touch fight, as it's at least a new fighting mode instead of training and ignorable new features.

My favorite part of any game is the online modes. Plus comes with the online mode from the console versions, but they left out Tag Battle (Both online and offline), a great feature I loved from the older games. I don't know why they scrapped it, because the Vita runs Tag battles in the story mode perfectly. The online runs pretty flawless as long as you don't come across someone with a weak signal. You can search for people with high signals specifically though, so you can always be sure to find a lag-free battle by sacrificing a little more time to find them perfect signals.

Other things to note are that the game still runs at 60FPS, and the Vita actually controls perfectly for fighters unlike the PSP. So there should really be no disadvantages when playing against PS3 players in the new cross-play which pits you against PS3 owners of the game. Cross-Play works great, and the game lets you know very well when you're up against a PS3 or Vita player via, a picture of a Vita or PS3 controller.

While the new modes can be sacrificed for a bigger screen on PS3 and 360, having this game portable is actually really neat. I have an online fighter while I'm out which can be really handy, And the versus mode included is there just for you to hop into an offline fight wherever you want.
  5. Apr 16, 2013
    If you haven't purchased Dead or Alive 5 for your home consoles, then get it for your Vita. As this is a near perfect port and by far my favorite fighting game to date. Fights feel brutal, interaction with the environment is spectacular but not too over the top, and the amount of game modes present make for a long play time. Also the graphics are worth a massive shout out.
  6. Apr 16, 2013
    Not like ngs2+, the graphics in this games is look awesome, gameplay look good, smooth, & story look great in char hayate & true kasumi, love it full action. This games is close to perfect in vita, no doubt, can't wait the sequel...
  7. Apr 8, 2013
    Excellent port from the consoles. One of the best graphical game on vita. fightning animations are fluid, like all the past DOA's. Lacking Tag-mode, Team Battle. Can easily recommend this game for a fightning game player, must be for a DOA fan if you dont have the console versions.
  8. Mar 28, 2013
    A near perfect port of DOA 5, this one has slightly less shine than console versions, but that's not noticeable unless you're a graphics junkie, due to the smaller screen. Also Vita's OLED screen make everything look more vibrant. The fighting system, characters, modes etc. are all the same except for a few additions to the modes in this version. This is probably the best fighting game onA near perfect port of DOA 5, this one has slightly less shine than console versions, but that's not noticeable unless you're a graphics junkie, due to the smaller screen. Also Vita's OLED screen make everything look more vibrant. The fighting system, characters, modes etc. are all the same except for a few additions to the modes in this version. This is probably the best fighting game on the handheld, and one of the best looking Vita games as well. And it gives you a lot of bang for 40 bucks (which is cheaper than console versions). So overall I'll give it a solid rating. Expand
  9. Mar 26, 2013
    An example of a solid port. DOA5 PS3 version is translated to Vita version peacefully unlike Ninja Gaiden 2 technical hiccups. DOA5 runs on vita with solid stable 60 FPS while the graphics are on par with its console version. Of Corz some of the stages details are scaled down in order to maintain the frame rate but the small screen of vita will not let you to notice this small differencesAn example of a solid port. DOA5 PS3 version is translated to Vita version peacefully unlike Ninja Gaiden 2 technical hiccups. DOA5 runs on vita with solid stable 60 FPS while the graphics are on par with its console version. Of Corz some of the stages details are scaled down in order to maintain the frame rate but the small screen of vita will not let you to notice this small differences easily. The character models are quiet impressive and never seen it as detail in the other vita fighting games such as MK) the game additions for vita version are not that much flashy to be attractive but they are good additions and adds some more fun to the game .
    the gameplay stills is awesome while vita controls might feel a bit hard or awkward at the begging. there is not online rooms anymore but still the cross play is hell of a fun if you own both of the version. lastly this game is highly recommended for those who love fighting games if you not any fan of fighting games I highly doubt this game will be enjoyable to you. you might want to start with games such as All stars
  10. Mar 23, 2013
    Does nobody give me a score on my other review simply because they don't want to take the time to read it? I would really like to know. I will stop writing reviews on here if people don't appreciate my effort to provide a comprehensive independent look at games. For that matter, does nobody appreciate proper grammar?
  11. Mar 22, 2013
    I have played the DOA series for years and this is the best one yet. The game looks and plays amazing and the fun factor is there for sure. Great game for the Vita that should be in your collection.
  12. Mar 22, 2013
    A jam packed game full of hot chicks that was ported successfully to one of the greatest handheld console of the decade. The graphics is so exceptional that PS Vita showed its competitors their big differences. Sound is excellent, the game enables you to enjoy those music that you can't clearly listen to while fighting. Highly enjoyable because of its new features, the all new Touch/TapA jam packed game full of hot chicks that was ported successfully to one of the greatest handheld console of the decade. The graphics is so exceptional that PS Vita showed its competitors their big differences. Sound is excellent, the game enables you to enjoy those music that you can't clearly listen to while fighting. Highly enjoyable because of its new features, the all new Touch/Tap fight that was made because of Vita's touchscreen technology and so much more. Downloadable content is a must-have if you want to enjoy those sexy ladies fighting it all-out to the end. A must play title of the PS Vita for all the Arcade bad-ass out there. Expand
  13. Mar 20, 2013
    First off this is a solid game for the vita from what I played so far. The story mode is a little disjointed but it lets you learn to play as different fighters. There are plenty of modes, cross play included. I havent tried the touch fighting but I have read it is not that good. Just from playing the game for one day so far I am happy with this choice.
  14. Mar 19, 2013
    Great gameplay, fluid and fast amazing graphics, and sound.
    History mode is long, and the versus mode have a cross play PsVita x Ps3
    Have a ton of extras and the frist person mode is horrible....
  15. Mar 22, 2013

1. It is difficult to write a review on a Dead or Alive game and not comment on the nice bounce to the chest that the majority of the female cast seems to have. Especially if you are playing on a handheld with a giant touch screen. [May 2013, p.90]
  2. May 9, 2013
    While the story is ridiculous, the action between cut scenes is as smooth and addictive as ever. [June 2013, p.83]
  3. May 8, 2013
    Dead or Alive 5 Plus is another stellar fighting option for the Vita.