1.8

Overwhelming dislike- based on 66 Ratings

1. Sep 25, 2013
    This is an incredibly cynical product that EA have turned out for the third time, which I think is insulting to consumers. It's a copy and paste of Fifa soccer which is based on Fifa 11's engine. EA have updated the rosters and that's it. Just as they did last year. Please don't buy it if you already own a Fifa game on the vita, for your own good.
  2. Sep 25, 2013
    I fully expected state of the art hockey mechanics but I was left with a foul taste of disappointment. It seems they completely changed the gameplay into football (or soccer for you Americans). Why? This doesn't make any sense, this was supposed to be a great hockey game! Damnit EA! Worst company in the world!
  3. Sep 25, 2013
    This is FIFA Soccer V. 3 Nothing new here except for the rosters and added teams/leagues. Otherwise it is absolutely the same game as the February 2012 launch title. Some people gave EA a pass on FIFA 13 seeing as it was released so soon after FIFA Soccer. There is absolutely no reason to buy this game unless you don't have a version of FIFA for the Vita. Even then, you can save a lot of and purchase the aforementioned launch title or FIFA 13 and play essentially the same game. Expand
  4. Sep 26, 2013
    Recycled. Seems to be the same as fifa soccer.. abasfgbsigbequigbueirwgbieubgbubbuigrburbuibuirbiurbiugriburgbuigbiubiwbiuoregbwububuiieebebuieiuboebebiuerew
  5. Sep 26, 2013
    Fifa is a big part of our life. We look forward to it every year and the changes that it brings. I bought fifa 13 on Vita cause I wanted to see how the portable version was and although it was based on FIFA 11 still, it was a pretty awesome game because of how close it was to the PS3 version. Now a year later we get this. No effort on part of the developer. This game should be free as an update to FIFA 13 or should not be released at all. None of this is worth $40. I was expecting at least the Player Impact Engine from FIFA 12 but no we get nothing. I actually played the Vita FIFA more than PS3 because it was more convenient. You are a terrible developer for doing this to your loyal fans. Where does all that money from your amazing sales go? On 3D stadium models for PS4 and new ball physics? You could have used a little to actually hire a good developer to bring the full FIFA experience to this amazing platform but yeah, good for you. You may actually be able to make some free money by tricking people into buying the exact same game twice. Good job EA, good job. Expand
  6. Sep 28, 2013
    fifa 14 on psvita rubbish was robbed and stabbed 14 times.... let down fifa 14 on ps vita .i understand sum 1 else makes it on vita but fifa,fifa12,13,14 all the same
  7. IBY
    Sep 27, 2013
    This is an absolute crime against gaming, I can't begin to describe to the frustration I am feeling. £35 of my hard earned money I spent on this game and in return I get a bloody update. How on earth can you market this game EA. There's been not a single improvement in gameplay whatsoever. This will be the last time I ever purchase an EA game.
  8. Oct 1, 2013
    EA should be taken to court for this disgustingly vile behaviour, the only update is kits and team rosters, the stats and even the ages haven't been changed £44.00 on the PS Store.

Tip: Buy Fifa Soccer for the Vita don't even buy Fifa 13.
  9. Sep 25, 2013
    I like most of you am disappointed, BUT, and there is a big BUT, the game is solid, FIFA 14 on ps vita is better than 13 because its updated, and for some reason I feel like most of the players who didnt look like themselves on 13' now have their actual faces ie. Jordi Albeloa or whatev his name is on Barca, and many more. The gameplay seems smoother also, the ball is faster and its more fluid than 13' I know this coz i freakn played fifa 13 to the death on my vita, and now i'm noticing the minor difference on 14' that or maybe im on crack, but still believe me when i say FIFA 14 on vita is a re-skin, but it is a solid game, remember the PSP fifa days' compare that to now and think about dudes! be lucky we got something from EA for Vita. Now EA if you ever stumble upon this, please for the love of VITA port NBA or NHL to the VITA, trust me you'll make more money! Expand
  10. Oct 1, 2013
    Its disgraceful that EA are packaging up a game that is over 2 years old, updating the player rosters and kits and selling it as a new game. You may as well buy the original Fifa soccer for the Vita for a fraction of the price of this DLC packaged as a new game, NOTHING else is changed, not even bug fixes. Do not buy this game!
  11. Oct 11, 2013
    Hi, even after reading that this game is just based on previous games and the only change is with the rooster I decided to buy. Lets start with my simple review. I never played football on handelds before but when I bought this game I found that it is fun. The best thing on the game is music. The soundtrack is by far the best I ever heard in any game (please do not compare this soundtrack with orchestral soundtracks because these are in different category according my opinion). Than I should speak about commentary. It is very good but after several hours of playing with one team (especially in career mode) you will find that it is repeating. But to support the game I must say that it is almost impossible to have commentary as on real football (you are limited with the capacity of internal storage). The graphic is good but not perfect. For example I played FIFA 14 on Android and the graphic on the mobile devices are much better than on Vita. On the other hand you don't have so much things around (fans are more detailed, also tribune, pitch and even the sky is more detailed on Vita). The biggest minus I find is that game is pretty short. Yeah I know it is sport game but it could contains for example some training elements and so on (if you know the football from real life you should know what I am talking about, if not check for example Lords of Football game). The other minus is that on Android version you have weekly challenges (well it is not so big minus :D). The last minus I found is missing Gambrinus League (I am from Czech Republic). For those who owns previous FIFA there is no need to buy this game. For those who don't have any previous game it is up to you which one you want. I took this one and I don't regret it. Expand
  12. Nov 19, 2013
    Recycled. Vasco da Gama kits needs fix patch because always ingame shows the away kit and no sponsors. The worst job EA done this century. FIFA 14 Legacy dont have Ultimate Team, no Scout system and no National Team selection during the season.
  13. Dec 13, 2013
    In this version there is nothing new except updated kits and rosters actually this is the re-skin of re-skin fifa 13 re-skin of fifa soccer re-skinning in action...rosters and kits can be easily updated by patch but guess what? patch is free and therefore those greedy guys at EA are getting nothing, So instead they think we people are stupid and they are smart guys and saying Hey let's make a "new" fifa game and just update the rosters and kits and charge full game price for it"
    Charging full price for FIFA 13 on the Vita when it was nothing more than a reskinned FIFA Football was quite the trick EA pulled they are doing same thing again with fifa 14. Also consider than many consider Madden NFL 13 on the Vita nothing more than a reskinned version of Madden NFL 12, so it's clear that EA isn't that motivated to put a little more effort into its Vita titles.
    Hey EA you better put some effort into a games you are releasing for ps vita or you ain't getting anything from gamers and first of all fix the trophy glitch in fifa soccer.
  14. Dec 21, 2013
    I haven't played Fifa in a while. For me, Fifa 14 on the Vita is a bit of a disappointment. Not because it's a re-skin of Fifa 13. But because the FPS drops quite a bit when zooming in on players, there really aren't that many game modes to choose from and the graphics look like they just ported the 3DS version over to the Vita. It really is quite an irritation when you look at games that take advantage of the Vita's hardware superbly, and compare them to this eye-sore that looks like it belongs on a PS2. Expand
  15. Sep 29, 2013
    I am an avid player of FIFA on Vitta, indeed the 13 version was pretty similar to Fifa Soccer, but I must confess that on FIFA 14 the gameplay has improved, maybe not drastically but it feels better, more real than the 13 version and it is still enjoyable to play. Yet it is still very disappointing not to have FUT, FUT would for sure increase Vitta sales itself so I wonder what the marketing, sales and game designers people for Vitta are doing there. Also, player details like age are from 2010. Expand
  16. Nov 4, 2013
    The 0 reviews are a little harsh. I appreciate the lack of update is bad but I am brand new to Fifa Vita so from that stand point of not having the experience of previous games on the console I would say this game is a must buy for football fans. The touch pad to score makes things a little easy but the novelty doesn't wear thin!
  17. Dec 30, 2013
    How anyone can give this a 10 is beyond me. Terrible game, very shallow and void of any skill requirement. The inherent scripting makes it largely a random outcome, either it's for you or against you. True footy fans will not like this but it might work for the casual gamer/ those that have never seen a game of footy before.
  18. Jan 1, 2014
    On Amazon, FIFA 14 is £34.99... FIFA 13 is £11.98 and the original FIFA Vita (12) is £6.39...

Bearing in mind EA just admitted that FIFA 14 vita is just FIFA 13 vita.. and bearing in mind that FIFA 13 vita is just FIFA 12 vita (I've played it and it's the same game), which one would you rather buy?
tbd

No score yet - based on 2 Critics

1. If you’re yet to buy yourself a FIFA game on the Vita, then you probably don’t see the problem in all this. But even still, we’d recommend you just go out and buy yourself last year’s game and save 20 bucks. [December 2013, p80]
  2. Sep 27, 2013
    EA continues where they left off last year: Recycling the old engine while only updating the rosters.