8.6

1. Mar 21, 2014
    This game really shows what square can do. Its a shame that they have fallen so far from grace but anyways the game still holds up very well today. I really hope the sales for this go through the roof so we can get a final fantasy XII remaster. That game would look beautiful as well as this one.

But to not sound like a broken record here. This game has amazing characters and gameplay.
    The environments look especially great in this game. I would say that the voice acting is the only complaint that i have but only a few times in the story. I still love lulu, aurons and yunas voices. Expand
  2. Mar 18, 2014
    This collection is a must buy for anyone who has played them on the ps2 back in the day
    i have only played FFX HD so far gotta say very impressed with the HD visuals and revamped soundtracks only flaw is its still got that "lip sync issue" from the ps2 version but besides that the game runs very smooth on PSVITA i absolutely would recommend PSVITA Owners to pick this up immediately and
    see for yourselves if you want more bang for your buck!!!

added note is the new quick heal via in the field using the VITA's touchscreen which i thought was neat

Its time to relive the fantasy known as FFX in HD

Sincerely Sharkman265
  3. Mar 20, 2014
    If you loved FFX over a decade ago, you'll love it even more. Thanks to updated sound and graphics, Spira looks and sounds absolutely stunning. In addition, the game has been slightly updated to use the touchscreen for a few otherwise tedious actions which are now incredibly easy.
  4. Mar 19, 2014
    For those who haven't played the original FFX, it is generally considered a defining RPG of its generation and one of the greatest games ever developed. Personally, it is my favorite in the series (although I haven't played 6, soo...). The original brought with it some of the best music in the gaming industry, as well as one of the first fully-featured voiced games. It was also the first Final Fantasy to make the transition to full 3-D. Combined with a wonderful story, great and addicting character progression, and a refreshing take on the turn-based combat, this game still has a lot to give to today's RPG gamers.

FFX-2 is also a very respectable sequel, as long as you can tolerate the goofy girlishness of the three protagonists.

The visual upgrades to the game are nothing short of beautiful, and are made even more vibrant by the Vita's OLED screen. This is easily the best HD version of a game I have ever seen. Some PS3 gamers have mentioned the long loading screens, but on Vita I haven't seen one that lasted more than a couple seconds. We also have some touch screen features, like healing outside of the menu or switching summon scene length during combat (which is super awesome). Its nice to have some new content as well, along with the content never before released in the US, such as the expert sphere grid, the "Eternal Calm", and the Final Mission. The updated soundtrack, while jarring at first, has really grown on me.

However, the game still has some problems. First is the inability to skip cut scenes. How could this have been overlooked? Also, the lip-sync along with some other animations are just awful and not acceptable by today's standards at all. The movement has also been left the same, so the basic 8-direction style is still prominent. Sudden view port changes of the camera are still here as well, and are not easy to deal with. I have also noticed that the game drains my battery quicker than Persona 4 or Walking Dead (my other two Vita games). This probably wasn't avoidable, however, due to the PS3 quality visuals the game renders.

Regardless, these complaints are not nearly enough to hinder such an amazing experience. The thing is beautiful. 9/10
  5. Mar 20, 2014
    Really a beautiful game. I chose to get the Vita version because I can pick up and play ANYTIME and when I am done it's the push of one button, and when I'm ready to play again, it's a push and swipe and I'm right back in half a second...no turning on the PS3, waiting, choosing the game, loading, choosing continue, loading...etc I have been waiting to play this for YEARS! I bought my Vita fully expecting to buy FFX at the same time that very day. I saw advertisements of FFX on the Vita and "presumed" it was a Launch-game. And you know what happens when you "presume"...it makes a pre out of you and...HEY...WAIT-A-MINUTE here(lol). I'm glad I'm playing now...on a Vita! oled is beautiful. Expand
  6. Mar 22, 2014
    Just like the first time I played it. Beautiful, I am glad that I was finally able to play the game, that I intentionally bought the PSVITA for. I cant quite say much got strikingly better. But some things got aesthetically... More pleasing. And obviously the color looks better.
  7. Mar 24, 2014
    Fantastic re-imagining for a fantastic game. Despite a few frame-rate hiccups (more so when in environments with many NPCs than in battles, oddly enough), the game looks great on the OLED screen and controls just as you'd expect.

I never would've imagined that a game like this would ever be possible on a portable system back in 2002 when I first played it. That novelty alone is worth
    the asking price. Expand
  8. Jul 4, 2014
    An amazing and high quality (!) remake to one of the last great games of the Final Fantasy series. The graphics are superb and absolutely beautiful on the Vita. The sound quality is top notch, especially with headphones on. The game has a few nice, additional touches, such as standard vs expert sphere grid (not on NA version of the PS2 game) and is perfect for both those who have played the game before and those who never have.

My review doesn't even include the fact that it has 2 games for the price of 1, mainly because I do not like FFX-2 at all. For those that do like it, though, it's an extra perk! Now we just need a remake like this for Dragon Quest 8 and FF12.
  9. Jul 15, 2014
    Weather your a long time fan or are new to FFX I recommend this game, FFX is one of the best games from the final fantasy franchise, why? top notch character development, although it's strongest asset is in battle were you can change characters and actually use Aeon's in real time.

(Side-note I just realized on PS2 the graphics for this game were outstanding) (Another side-note Auron
    has got to be one of the greatest game characters of all time) Expand
  10. Jul 29, 2014
    While the game is far from flawless, it managed to hit enough high notes along its 40h or so story to keep have kept me both interested and engaged. It's bright and high-resolution landscapes, fun and dynamic gameplay, and upbeat and occasionally dreamy musical score make up for the occasionally shoddy voice acting, and somewhat disjointed and inconsistent storytelling.

Graphics
    Pros:

- High resolution environments that look incredible on the Vita's screen.
    - The main characters look great and animate smoothly.
    - The Full Motion Video carry the story along nicely, adding a lot of value to cutscenes.
    - Lots of detail in the weapons and armor that you pick up along the way.
    - Bosses and Summons look awesome.
    - Great camera angles fly along a set path, giving the game a cinematic feel as you run through gorgeous environments.

Cons:
    - NPC character models tend to be kind of flat and didn't get reworked much. It isn't that bad, nor does it detract from the gameplay or immersion, but it is noticeable.

Sound:
    Pros:
    - The music is outstanding. A wide variety of tracks that never annoy or become obnoxious. Come for the game, stay for the music.

Cons:
    - I'm kind of mixed on the voice acting. As you progress through the game you can tell that the voice actors, clearly not trained in game voice acting (they were recorded years ago, around the year 2000, Square can be forgiven for its first game that had voice acting), get more comfortable with their voice work and improve tremendously. Still, there are countless instances where I just kind of laughed at how bad it was, like actually chuckled, and other times where I was just annoyed. The game could have done a much better job of delivering the lines, but again, I can forgive them given that not many RPGs had such elaborate scripts back in its time.

Story:
    The game presents fun, colourful, and interesting cast of characters who are on a serious mission which is guaranteed to have a sad ending, no matter what they do to try and prevent it. While never really deviating from the 'journey from one place to another' theme, the subtle twists and turns are enough to keep you engaged. The romantic development between the two main characters is PG13, which is to say that it's somewhat sterile and boring, feeling slightly tacked on. This is no great love story.

Actually, when you really break the story down, you can see how it never really pushes itself to explain itself or to go into depth or detail regarding its characters and world. It jumps around quite a bit without ever really giving much time to key aspects of the story. Even the final resolution is never really truly explained. I'm not saying that I want them to draw me a picture on a blackboard and connect all the dots, but I just felt like something was missing from the story itself.

That being said, I did enjoy it despite its campiness.

Gameplay:
    The game truly shines in its battle system. Rather than having to select only 3 characters with which to battle, you can actively switch on the fly between characters. Need a mage to use her magic to fry up a nasty Flan enemy, call her in at any time. This added dynamism allows you to build a strong team, where individuals have their own unique abilities that they can use in specific scenarios.

The battles themselves are frequent but never too hard. You'll have a typical variety of Final Fantasy-type enemies whom have frequented FF games for years, and they all have their own weaknesses and invulnerabilities that you'll have to learn to cut through them efficiently. It's never too easy, nor is it ever really all that challenging, not during the main story campaign, at least. For a real challenge you can visit various branching quests later on in the game, where you can use the increased challenge and experience rewards to quickly level up your characters into ridiculously overpowered killing machines.

Speaking of the leveling up, the game rewards you with AP points which can then be used to move along a sort of leveling grid, giving you access to branching ability paths that help your character gain HP, MP, magic, buffs, and a whole slew of abilities that range. The 'Sphere Grid', as they call it, is actually an interesting and fun way to control what kind of characters you'll develop, will they be magic based? Physically strong? Fast and agile? The choice is yours, the only thing stopping your character development is how much time you put into gaining AP and the necessary 'spheres' which are collected from battles and chests around the game world.

Conclusion:
    I highly recommend this game for people who love their Final Fantasy games and are looking to relive (or experience for the first time) such a classic and wonderful entry in the series. I do not recommend it to people who dislike RPGs or who are sensitive to poor voice acting. There's lots to enjoy in this massive game, and I'd overlook its flaws any day to be able to experience Spira again.
  11. May 27, 2014
    This is by far the best remastered edition of any game that was ported to PS Vita. I could write like a whole review of this games (because you got in one package FFX and FFX-2). What is wrong with it? I say - nothing. Graphics gives chills, gameplay and storyline... well it is IMHO best FF in whole series so it rocks the place in absolutely everything. If You like real RPG(!) and not some stupid "Zenonia" type games (which had flooded the market this days). And You don't have this game yet... I ask: what is wrong with You... BUY IT :) Expand
  12. Mar 25, 2014
    awsome!! .., remain my childhood in HD :p
    must buy fo FF fans , this is really beautiful game ,
    should be compared with persona 4G
    SQUARE ENIX added a nice texture and collour in graphic , and do some nice music compose
  13. Jun 2, 2014
    Just like magnificent Metal gear solid HD collection and, recently, Sly cooper HD collection on vita.
    That's how you do the ports RIGHT, enough said.
  14. Jul 17, 2014
    I really Love this Game,square really did a good Job for this!! They port it Perfectly!!! The"HD Remaster" word really fits to this Game!!! One of the Memorable Games!!!
  15. Aug 19, 2014
    I was lucky one cuz didn't play FFX and X-2 when came. With this HD remaster my dreams has come true... FFX excellent about story, battle system, OST, characters... But some sh*t mini games was really annoying. Spira, characters, deep story, OST... Will never forget for sure, and this is what Square Soft can do... Square Enix? Go fu...

For FFX, i can give: 9.5

About FFX-2: Not
    quality like FFX about everything (except battle system much better) but this isn't mean X-2 bad game, some interesting things going on about story. Really bad side quest in this game so annoying like FFX mini games... Ah btw, girls are really sexy, so you got so much morale to play game. :P I can give 8.5 for this.

Two games looks amazing on Vita, if you got OLED one, very little Frame drop problem, sometimes bad loading times and random encounter must die, just give me change if i want to battle againts monsters or not, i know i must do grind but give me choice about now or later...
  16. Oct 8, 2014
    This compilation has my favourite game of old Squaresoft, remastered with new graphics (nice) and with remastered music - this wasn't necesary + its sequel made by Square under orders of Enix which is better in terms of gameplay but a bit to girly and all in all worse. But it is the last true final fantasy, and now its portable! I bought vita just to own all square final fantasy and this title is the cherry on top of Vitas pie. Expand

1. Jul 7, 2014
    It's easy to recommend this compilation to anyone looking for JRPG gaming on the go, and this pair of games is poised to steal my free time all over again—and I'm perfectly willing to let it.
  2. May 4, 2014