8.0

1. Jun 7, 2013
    Limbo finally makes it to handheld for the first time, and boy oh boy, was it worth the wait.!!

Developer Playdead, with the assistance of Double11 (of LittleBigPlanet Vita notoriety), have done a wonderful job of bringing a flawless port of the hugely successful and critically acclaimed PSN/XBLA version to Playstation Vita and must be congratulated for delivering such a seemless experience to Vita owners. Indeed Limbo runs perfectly on it's new home and fits Sony's handheld like glove.

Limbo is gorgeous, clever, haunting and stunningly atmospheric, all rolled into one utterly compelling and highly recommended package. And better yet, if you've previously bought the PSN version, you can now grab this Vita port for zip/free/nada....

Yup, that's right, you can believe your eyes! With Cross-Buy support thrown in for good measure, what have you got to lose? Whether you've played it before or not, I really can't recommend this amazing puzzle/platform adventure highly enough. So do yourself a favour and grab Limbo now. Chances are you'll be mightily glad that you did.
  2. Jun 22, 2013
    Thank you SONY for the Cross-buy support, if you bought the game on PS3 then the vita version is for free, and if you are lucky and smart enough to be a Plus member then you take it almost for "free"...The game now, is one from the best indie games I ever played on my ps vita, i agree that the story is short but I don't think that is "wrong", my only "problem" is that due to the black,Thank you SONY for the Cross-buy support, if you bought the game on PS3 then the vita version is for free, and if you are lucky and smart enough to be a Plus member then you take it almost for "free"...The game now, is one from the best indie games I ever played on my ps vita, i agree that the story is short but I don't think that is "wrong", my only "problem" is that due to the black, white and grey of the game on the extremely dark areas is harder to see everything, especially the traps... Expand
  3. Aug 7, 2014
    Atmosphere is king in this 2D puzzle-platformer, and I feel that does hurt it a little bit on the Vita. It's a game that soars when you play it alone in a darkened room with headphones on. Given the nature of portable gaming systems such as Sony's handheld, odds are most people are going to play on a family trip or in a waiting room or something. Sadly that takes a bit out of what makesAtmosphere is king in this 2D puzzle-platformer, and I feel that does hurt it a little bit on the Vita. It's a game that soars when you play it alone in a darkened room with headphones on. Given the nature of portable gaming systems such as Sony's handheld, odds are most people are going to play on a family trip or in a waiting room or something. Sadly that takes a bit out of what makes this experience so grand.

It's a haunting game. Not scary, but haunting enough that the dark stuff you'll see in the game will stick with you long after the credits have rolled. It's also got some terrific puzzles and top-notch platforming action that will test your reflexes. It's a great game all around. Perhaps the Vita isn't the best way to experience it do to the lack of some atmosphere, thanks to the smaller screen and portable nature of the Vita, but it's still a must play. Headphones recommended.
  4. Mar 20, 2014
    A noir platformer with smart puzzles and a gameplay structure that just don't let you go until you finish it. Its unique atmosphere its made of dream material, maybe even nightmare material that gives the game a horror theme but with an adorable premise in my opinion. Games like this have gave the indies the attention they deserve and i only wish that it was longer. I'd love to see aA noir platformer with smart puzzles and a gameplay structure that just don't let you go until you finish it. Its unique atmosphere its made of dream material, maybe even nightmare material that gives the game a horror theme but with an adorable premise in my opinion. Games like this have gave the indies the attention they deserve and i only wish that it was longer. I'd love to see a sequel or something new and evenly unique from the developer in the future. Everyone should give it a try. Expand
  5. Jul 1, 2014
    Graphics: 9.5 out of 10 Gameplay: 9 out of 10 Fun: 8.5 out of 10 Controls: 10 out of 10 Ease to Learn: 8 out of 10
    Length: 8 out of 10
    Re-play: 7.5 out of 10
    Audio: 10 out of 10
    Bugs/Glitches: none
  6. Jun 2, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A great game for what it is. I actually love the art style and the black and white game presentation. It's a puzzle platformer with some horror elements. The puzzle's itself aren't too hard or too easy, I'm not the smartest so this was actually a decent challenge for me... To put this game in perspective there's no story nor dialogue, and the ending was very quick and subtle with no definitive answer it seems.. Also do be warned you will die a lot in this game, it's a trial and error game.. My only complaints was that this game seemed to lose it's horror elements when your 1/4 of the way in. Otherwise solid puzzle platformer game with a great presentation style. Expand
  7. Jun 10, 2013
    Realy amazing, simply elegant and so absorbing, that you could hardly stop playing. It's not easy or kind to you, but it's revarding and goes straight for your heart. It's joy to play.
  8. Jun 21, 2013
    Although this game is amazing, I don't understand the price tag of 15$ when I could get it on Steam for 5$. Yes it wins to have it on the go, but the story is very short and with no-replayability that game is great, but why not get something else that is better?

The game is still the best indie game I have played so an 8 out of 10 is fair, no?
  9. Jun 5, 2013
    LIMBO on Vita is outstanding, just as it is on any other format. So simple, yet the mood is flawlessly executed. The only problem, if there is any is that you're obviously playing on a portable, which means you may have to deal with sunlight or bright surroundings. This, combined with the overall darkness of LIMBO and the reflective nature of the Vita screen make the extremely darkLIMBO on Vita is outstanding, just as it is on any other format. So simple, yet the mood is flawlessly executed. The only problem, if there is any is that you're obviously playing on a portable, which means you may have to deal with sunlight or bright surroundings. This, combined with the overall darkness of LIMBO and the reflective nature of the Vita screen make the extremely dark areas a little bit harder to see. Nothing unbearable, but definitely noticeable. Expand
  10. Sep 10, 2013
    Simply putted Limbo is a platform game that does so many right. Everything from the art and sound design, the atmosphere and the sharp controls it does great. Unfortunately a little heavy price tag holds it back a bit since you should be able to go through it relatively fast. But while it last this is a great experience!
  11. Sis
    Sep 19, 2013
    Limbo is one of my favorite Indie Games and I'm really happy to see it get ported to a portable system. Sitting on the bus while playing Limbo is so awesome! Got a Vita, get Limbo!
  12. Jul 7, 2014
    I don't actually think that this game deserves a 0 out of ten, but I'm giving it that because the people who hated this game aren't represented properly in the reviews.
    The puzzles in this game are incredibly obnoxious. There are obstacles that you aren't able to see until they end up killing you. This is the main problem I have with the game. It's not that you die because of a mistake you made. You die because the game doesn't allow you to tell that you're mere inches away from death in the path you're going, and you have to go that way. A perfect example are the bear traps. There are several times where you can't even see them, and they just spring out of the ground and kill you. Then there are brain slugs. The brain slugs don't actually make the game more difficult. They just are randomly placed in location that you have to go through. They make you switch directions, which usually means that you have to waste 30 seconds to a minute of your time back tracking in order for you to switch directions so you can go the way that you wanted to. This is my experience with every single one of them. The brain slug obstacles killed me maybe one time. But then when you get passed that annoying crap, you have to avoid an unseeable objecct that will inevitably kill you, and you have to do the same thing again. Rinse and repeat til the next checkpoint. That's the entire game. Grinding through unseeable or unavoidable obstacles that kill you through no fault of your own. 90% of the deaths in that game felt futile, and as if I didn't deserve it. I can live with a game killing me every once in a while for stupid reason, but it's obnoxious when that's what a game is based around. This game is a memory game where you have to memorize every wrong step that kills you, so you don't accidentally fall down a bit that the game decided not to tell you about. I rank this game as one of the 5 worst games I've ever played, and I've played through ride to hell and duke nukem forever.
  13. Oct 25, 2014
    WOW WOW AND WOW. Now there's a game that when i saw it for the first time i knew i was going to love it, and never disappointed me one bit. Is a short masterpiece without a single flaw, try to play it a year after finishing it, i guarantee you'll forget most of its riddles and have a good time again.

My fav thing about it is how some of the puzzles seems impossible the first time you play them, you tried every combination but there's always another way of doing things. That being said, the puzzles are not "myst hard" no no, eventually everyone will discover them with patience.

Great atmospheric sound and black & white graphics with many shades of grey make this a visually rewarding experience, beating many ultra budget crappy games in that aspect.

PLAY THIS GAME.

1. Aug 5, 2013
    Limbo is an instant classic regardless of the platform you choose. The vita version in particular suits the portable aspect of the system well and it looks and plays amazing on the gorgeous OLED screen. Do yourself a favor and pick it up and don’t forget to bring along a good pair of headphones.
  2. Jun 25, 2013
    Limbo always has been a special game and that certainly hasn’t changed in the years since its release. The main issue facing the Vita version is that many gamers may well have experienced it already. The lack of any new additions to draw people in may also be a problem.
  3. Jun 17, 2013
    So I'll say this: if you haven't played it, then already grab it immediately, since it's easily one of the Top 10 Vita games, and it has a pretty strong argument as one of the Top 5. (The same goes for people who already have the game for PS3, since it's a Cross-Buy title). And if you have played it? Well, it can't hurt to play it again, and to remind yourself of why it's such an outstanding title.