• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Sep 18, 2012
8.8

1. Jun 20, 2014
    There are games and master pieces, lbp belongs to the second category, this is possibly one of the best games ever made and the psvita version is the best version by far thanks to the tactil controls. Some people may say that is a bit short but I can guarantee you that you'll play it with a smile on your face... if you own a psvita just get it you won't regret it
  2. Mar 19, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is AMAZING!! THE LITTLE BIG PLANET series is very fanny ...you can play,create and share!The LBP ps Vita is no.1 game on Vita for me ,by far! Expand
  3. Dec 21, 2013
    One of my favourite games for Playstation Vita. I play it all the time. It truly feels like LBP in your hands. It takes ALOT of time to get used to the creation tools, but if you do, the sense of accomplishment you feel after making a great level is just unrivaled by many other video games. Get this game now! Support your Vita so you can play more great games!
  4. Oct 7, 2013
    It's me, pkillerx (my PSN account name) I have come to finally talk about this game's strengths and flaws. Starting up.... strengths! 1. LBP Vita does have more gameplay, more prizes, and more gadgets. 2. Thank God that LBP Vita still has the "Unlock Totorials" option available. 3. Slap's still enabled. 4. New tweak options for each Material, Sacbots, and more. 5. Touch screen enabled.

Now for the flaws... -_-
    1. Challenges in the Story mode are to damn hard to get 3 stars. D:(
    2. Why the hell in that flight level and more do you need to use rear touch pad when the joystick is the recommended option for players?!
    3.Broken Multiplayer. Lag Switch on/off... FUUUUUUUUUUUU-
    4. sigh* You can't use the d-pad/ joysticks to navigate through levels or Pause Menu...
    (The most tragic flaw to me personally) NUMBEEEER...
    5. If wanted to show a friend something that's incomplete but awesome so far I CAN'T INVITE HIM/HER. Even if that person was in my party, it'll take us to Play Mode and WON'T LET ME GO TO CREATE MODE.

Media Molicule (MM)! When are you lazy bumbs FINALLY going to get off your lazy asses and your OWN God-damn flaws in both LBP2 and LBP Vita?!

That is all I have to say for LBP Vita. Now for LBP2!
  5. Sis
    Sep 19, 2013
    This is downright the best Little Big Planet game in the franchise. The new innovative controls, the extra content, and the unique level design makes this the most rich and experience filled Little Big Planet game. The story s also just as interesting and funny as the other stories and you truly feel satisfied when you play it. The only downside of this game is the lack of splitscreen because it's a handeld, but the online is just as awesome as in the other games. Having played and owned every Little Big Planet game, this is probably my all time favorite. If you have a vita, you NEED this game. Expand
  6. Sep 10, 2013
    LBP! Yeah sure it´s fun, and must say i´m impressed that it looks just like it´s older name brother on the big consoles. but even then i find it hard to play a game that so much feels like i´d already played through before. If you already have played they other LBP games it´s unlikely that you find much new thinking here.
    Great multiplayer and online functions saves this game for a
    slightly lesser score then an eight! Expand
  7. Aug 22, 2013
    While this is a fantastic game, but it's not the definitive version of LittleBigPlanet like reviewers have said about it. While the story is greatly improved, the create mode has slightly suffered in comparison to the home-console games. The new tools are good and all but I feel like there is a lack of materials in comparison to the PS3 versions, although this will probably be different as more level pack dlc is released for the vita version as we have currently already seen with the Marvel Arcade pack. There's also something I can't explain about it, it's just not as fun as LittleBigPlanet 2 on the Playstation 3. Expand
  8. Aug 18, 2013
    I was originally convinced this would be the definitive LBP game, and was disappointed to find it was not. Although, the game comes quite close. The story is classic LBP lore, an evil villain has done something bad, you have to stop them. The cast of characters are each interesting and have their own backstories. The classic platforming is back, with lots of little interactable things using the Vita's accurate touch screen. The community aspect is the same as all LBP games, although creators seem to have scaled down the effort on this one, sadly. The create mode is ever present with all the old tools plus more. My problems with this game remain the fact that there is no multiplayer create mode (during my time with it) which was a large source of enjoyment for me in LBP2. The community is much smaller and less experienced than LBP2 ones, thus community levels are not of a high quality (This isn';t really the game's fault)

It is not the game it promised to be, but it is definitely still one of the best games on Vita.
  9. Apr 29, 2013
    Having played all of the previous editions of Little Big Planet this was a no-thought purchase and turned out well worth the money. The Vita version not only incorporated the different capabilities of the of the PS Vita device itself in clever and inventive ways, but it was easily the best one they have made yet. Once all levels were completed, it was still my primary game for weeks going back through all of the various levels.

Would highly recommend this game to anyone.
  10. Apr 28, 2013
    this is the best LBP game ever made. It is better than PS3 version. Story mode is great, there's a ton of room for replayability and create mode wont crash.
  11. Apr 23, 2013
    Though the game isn't worth buying a vita, it is a really well made portable that, if you have a vita is worth a investment. It is the best game in the franchise and thought like all of the little big planet games, has a story that isn't really that good with some interesting characters. But the ability to save progress in community levels they don't take that much advantage in single player.) and some cool mechanics with the use of the touch pad and gyroscope makes for a great game that any vita owner should purchase Expand
  12. Apr 7, 2013
    Expands on the LBP experience using the Vita's touch/tilt features in a fun way which doesn't feel at all 'tacked on'. The campaign is fun albeit a bit short. Multiplayer suffers from quite a lot of lag even with a fast internet connection, though this may be due to me being located in Australia.
  13. Mar 5, 2013
    This is great. It's the only Vita game I own apart from Uncharted: Golden Abyss, both of which are Vita entries into massively popular game franchises, and both of which weren't developed by the original developers. Unlike Golden Abyss however, LPBVita stays true to the Media Molecule standard. It doesn't try and veer off and stamp it's mark as a "Little Big Planet game, but not" it's just, a seemless continuation. It's very well done, and you wouldn't even realise it wasn't developed by the same people as the consoles if you didn't actually know. Also unlike Golden Abyss, where the Vita control inclusions seemed like gimmicks, the jump from console to touch screen is easy and uncomplicated. The touch screen and back panel parts are a vital part of the game, but at the same time, are just another element. You don't feel as if they've made this JUST to show off what the Vita can do. Absolutely love this. Expand
  14. Feb 23, 2013
    I have always heard that little big planet is one of the best games on ps3/psp but i always ignored i never expected much of the game really i always figured it would a silly with no content and with some minigames.But then i played LBPV and i just sayed to myself ''WELL THIS GAME IS FREAKIN AWESOME!!!'' Not only is it a good platformer but it also has a great story that i never expected the mingames are great and very addicting and then theres ton of content to find the customization options are endless for those with creative then i recommend this game beacause literally u can do anything in create a level!!Jumping into levels with fans playing user created levels,addicting games,great lenghted story.This is my firs LBP and i loved i hope i get to try LBP 1&2 one day but for now i have this amazing game and i rate this games 3 out of 3, 5 stars, 10/10, 100 out of 100 the game is awesome if u have a vita buy this game Expand
  15. Jan 28, 2013
    This is an outstanding little game, it really is! I am a fan of the LBP games on the PS3, but I honestly feel that this game works better on the vita than it does on the console. The vita has one major advantage, and that is the 'Touch' ability which is used throughout the game. Everything about the game is good, the graphics are brilliant, the soundtrack is simply amazing (who makes this music?!!) , and the gameplay is outstanding. I honestly cant fault this game at all. There are loads of brilliant little side games to do aside from the main story, and an arcade area with yet more quirky little games. To summarise, just brilliant! A perfect 10 from me! Expand
  16. Jan 5, 2013
    This LittleBigPlanet is absolutely beautiful! The PS3 was good but the PsVita achieved its best and making it look like a High Definition success! With new levels and excellent dialogue by the narrator it will be "creative" success!
  17. Dec 30, 2012
    Pleasantly surprised at this great title. I have not dived into the editor or the community yet but the story levels are very fun, and I dare say the best I have played of any of the LBP titles so far.

I was wary - I assumed it would not get polish since it is on the Vita: Not so. I assumed going from controlling the sack boy/girl to touchscreen would be cumbersome, again not so.

Best game so far that I have played on the Vita. More titles like this and the Vita will have a bright future indeed.
  18. Dec 28, 2012
    Lovely game, funny and very well acted. Stephen Fry is his usual intelligent Wordsworth. Graphics are lovely and the game play is spot on. I like the floaty-ness. Music is really superb and I am still enjoying this game with the online levels. Personally, I can't make a level that is any great shakes, but there are thousands of people that can, and I can access all of them. Thanks Sony for giving us this great machine! Expand
  19. Dec 14, 2012
    Everything that made the LittleBigPlanets titles on the PS3 interesting is back along with a notable amount of new features and content. Co-op is fun when it isn't too laggy, and the online community is full of less-than interesting levels. I really have yet to see any great levels that couldn't have been done in LBP2 beyond a few iphone-esque levels, and I doubt anything amazing will ever pop up online. If you want to buy your first LBP game, or you're a diehard fan of the other titles in the series, this is a game you should certainly consider picking up.
    If you like LBP and you aren't dying to mess around with any new features, I'd recommend LBP 2
  20. Nov 28, 2012
    This game is AMAZING, and i say that because this is the best vita game I own. There's tons of user-generated content so the fun never stops. There's always something new to play and the gameplay runs smoothly and no lag. The only downfall to this game is the fact that you need an online pass to play online, but other than that this game has great graphics, that run smooth, always a fun game to play, and a great vita experience for everyone. I recommend this to anyone Expand
  21. Nov 28, 2012
    This is one of my favorite games for vita, right on the day it came out i bought it. The sound, the graphics the new gameplay from the vita are just amazing as i expected from a Little Big Planet game. The multiplayer takes a little to load but is very cool and the creator tool are perfect to create a good and funny level, or whatever you want to create.
  22. Nov 28, 2012
    Excellent single player, troves of online options. Essentially endless level, finally a Vita title that lives up the hype. Great game. If I could only own 1 Vita game, this would be it. I found it fun and forgiving.
  23. Nov 25, 2012
    The single player campaign is great fun, really well done with a lot of polish. With that charming, if not a little too-hand-holding LBP style, I'm pretty convinced that this is one of the best single-player experiences that the Playstation Vita has to offer. The game is chock full of content, providing a meaty single-player campaign full of goodies and collectables, even a separate arcade mode with games that you'd pay $2.99 for in the iTunes Store or Google Play store. The game uses all of the Vita's features to boot, too. And with the creation suite? You could be playing this game well into 2014.

That's where the good stuff ends. The multiplayer mode, a highly touted feature of LBPV, is just broken. My Vita connects to my network no problem. It connects online no problem - I can download full games from the Playstation Store faster than I can set up a multiplayer game in LBPV. And at least after downloading a full game, I can play it - not so with this game. In my time owning it, I haven't been able to connect once to another player, whether it's someone across the country or someone across the room. Marketing for the game (and the game itself) touts the ability to share and download new levels and the like - and to play multiplayer with friends. All of these are pretty much impossible with the current state of the online.
  24. Nov 19, 2012
    Absolutely amazing game which everyone should play!! Dont get fooled by the childish game cover or anything this game has a lot to offer even to adult players. Its also kinda hard sometimes ^^. Great use of touchscreen and motion sensors cominated with standard buttons makes it amazingly fun everytime you play. You can create levels , publish them , download/rate/review levels of other players which some of them are really good. This is the neverending journey in a crazy cartoon world. One of best games on PS Vita so far. Expand
  25. Nov 19, 2012
    As most of the users i can fully agree, Little Big Planet is by far the most fun and entertaining game for the Vita. There are so many things to mention about this game, good integration of all the control concepts of the Vita, nice level design, short but fun story for the campaign, great graphics, good sound and many, many different small games for one or more players! The level editor is easy and fun to use, ensuring a constant flow of new levels designed by other gamers. There are even some short and surprisingly fun two player games that can be unlocked in the basic story, i really enjoyed playing them with my girlfriend in the train. This game really shows what the Vita is capable of and why mobile gaming can really be fun! I really hope there will soon be more games like Little Big Planet to get more attention and love from the developers for this great gaming device... Expand
  26. Nov 13, 2012
    This game is really how games for Vita should be done - great gameplay, amazing production values and above all excellent use of Vita touch screen features. Most games force you into using rear touchpad or accelerometer in a stupid way but here you really enjoy doing it and it really adds to the experience rather than hinder it. Campaign has a lot of levels which really never stop to amaze you with playfulness and great ideas and when you are done with the campaign already there are tons of quality user created levels + the arcade - so you probably won't ever run out of content with this game. The only downside are longer loading times and sometimes annoying long connecting times to the Sony servers for checking online content. Expand
  27. Nov 13, 2012
    amazing game every thing from beginning to end is a lot of fun i love this insane game the story impressed me and cut scenes is pretty awesome thank you lbp fans for the good user score
  28. Nov 13, 2012
    This Is literally LIttle Big Planet from PS3 on your Vita, nothing has been compromised, everything works stupendously, and the added touch functions really gives it the edge over the PS3 version.
  29. Nov 13, 2012
    This is the best game for the Playstation Vita. Nothing comes near it. Visuals are just perfect, gameplay is a treat especially using the vitas unique controls. Online features will keep you entertained long after you have completed the story mode. This game really sets the bar for what the vita is capable of producing. Very neat soundtrack also. 10/10
  30. Nov 13, 2012
    What can I say about this game? It is great & It fits perfect in the vita. You can play and create on the go...The only cons is that the online gameplay is sometimes little laggy. With LBP series who cares about this infantile plumber??????

1. Nov 15, 2012
    This little platformer is by far one of the best Vita releases yet. The game uses the whole shebang of Vita's controls and the touch screen makes the level editor super easy to use. Unfortunately the levels made for PS3 are not compatible and the controls are still a tad too clunky for my taste. [Nov 2012]
  2. Maybe the biggest revolution is the Memorizer, a feature that allows you to store and save data in your home made levels. In short it means that you can potentially create your own RPGs, complete with statistics and items. [November 2012, p.78]
    Splendid and playful platformer you will switch on to play for just five minutes – only to find out that you've spent a couple of hours unable to quit. [Oct 2012]