7.6

1. Apr 8, 2013
    made an account just for this unjustifiably overrated racer. i don't always buy ea games and when i do around 1/500 time of all game purchases,i immediately regret it.
    the draw distance is extremely low and the control is not as responsive as a driving game should be. perhaps someone rated the wrong port, maybe we should all check again.
  2. May 27, 2013
    for every good, there's a bad. I've not made the comparison against console versions but i'm pretty sure the Vita version is a rather lazy port. the clue I think, is in the tiny text and buttons. but the main problem is the game just isnt very well optimised for the vita. a lot of people have mentioned that the car handling/steering response suck and I agree completely.
    This alone makes
    This alone makes the game twice as difficult compared to (assuming) the console version running at 60fps.

bottomline- great game that fails as a Vita port. get the console version.
  3. Dec 12, 2012
    First of all I am an over 40 gamer and I admit, I am not the best at games anymore. I don't have tons of time to invest on getting used to game mechanics and such. However, I play enough games that I know when something isn't quite right and this game fits that category. If you are a gamer in my demographic, then expect to do a lot of : start race, make 1 small mistake, have no chance ofFirst of all I am an over 40 gamer and I admit, I am not the best at games anymore. I don't have tons of time to invest on getting used to game mechanics and such. However, I play enough games that I know when something isn't quite right and this game fits that category. If you are a gamer in my demographic, then expect to do a lot of : start race, make 1 small mistake, have no chance of winning, press start -> retry race...rinse and repeat. I really want to like this game and I kind of do. The music is great. The city is great. The sense of speed is great. However, it is simply frustrating to play. It reminds me a lot of midnight club...super fun game...super frustrating game. So here are the problems with this game: 1. The controls are flawed. The cars steer like the roads are made of ice. 2. The graphics are great/horrible. In some ways they look great, but when you are traveling at 120 miles an hour all the textures look pixelated and it is really hard to see where upcoming obstacles start and stop. 3. If you make 1 mistake, just restart the race. You have little chance of winning. 4. I know it's an open world game, but please give me the option to just jump into a race. Driving to it is lame. 5. Sometimes the cops are fun, but other times they are just plain annoying. 6. You have to win mods for all the cars you find. I'm not sure who decided that winning nitrous and other mods for each car you find is fun. It isn't. Furthermore, there are only a handful of custom option available for each car.

Don't get me wrong, this game is fun sometimes, but it will not be a stress reliever. So if you play games to get rid of stress. Look elsewhere.
  4. Nov 30, 2015
    One of (if not) the best games to own for a ps vita. Just play it the fun is there, the graphs are there, is all i want for a handheld racing game....
  5. Dec 20, 2012
    In response to what drdan said about not being able to hop right into a race, you can. When easydrive appears in the upper left corner, press the right directional button and all available races appear.
  6. Jan 27, 2013
    Based on the reviews (both user and critic) I'd been reading on metacritic for this game, I decided to go out and buy it. I'll get straight to the point and say that this game is not a perfect 10 by any means. I was expected to be blown away but in all honesty, I wasn't. The main bad points of the game are the inconsistent quality graphics (Sometimes excellent sometimes poor) and theBased on the reviews (both user and critic) I'd been reading on metacritic for this game, I decided to go out and buy it. I'll get straight to the point and say that this game is not a perfect 10 by any means. I was expected to be blown away but in all honesty, I wasn't. The main bad points of the game are the inconsistent quality graphics (Sometimes excellent sometimes poor) and the handling of he cars themselves. During some of the more frantic moments, the framerate takes a hit as does the sound (stopping and starting, so annoying). Some people might say "what are you expecting from a handheld", go take a look at wipeout 2048 then you will realise the kind of graphics that can be achieved on a handheld. That said the sound of the cars and the music of the game is pretty good, and probably most importantly the gameplay is good as well. Its fun and enjoyable even if a little frustrating at times. So, it's my no means a 10 as it has it's flaws, but it's still a pretty good racer which will keep you occupied for a while. It's just not as amazing as everyone is making out. A solid 7 from me. Expand
  7. Apr 12, 2013
    This is one of the most rage inducing game I ever played, while the Vita version is on a such of small scale, the AI has major advantage over the player, I acknowledged the fact that spike strip does not affect AI cars, it is so irritating knowing that many were saying there are not enough civilian cars, and knowing that 70 percent of me failing is because of them, it just doesn't makeThis is one of the most rage inducing game I ever played, while the Vita version is on a such of small scale, the AI has major advantage over the player, I acknowledged the fact that spike strip does not affect AI cars, it is so irritating knowing that many were saying there are not enough civilian cars, and knowing that 70 percent of me failing is because of them, it just doesn't make sense, as I was feeling that the game just purposely spawn a civilian car ahead of me when I am doing good, to complete wipe me off the lead, the other 30 percent is maybe the cars, how I feel as if I was steering a rocket, a very irritating but thrilling exciting experience, if there's a top racing game on Vita, it's NFS Most Wanted. Expand
  8. Jun 11, 2013
    Need for seepd most wanted is an good game but i perefer the old need for speed most wanted the reason for that is, is becuase it's just more... action type feeling when you play the game and the storyline is better than this new one, that could be just be my opinion, go and buy it to check the game out, dont just take my word for it
  9. Jun 28, 2013
    The newest of Need for Speed ​​brings us something that really impresses us, is that it takes elements of Burnout, which is considered very old, since it is very classic Burnout, which causes that bore you play if already have you ever played Burnout. Apart from that there is great variety in the cars, and are the best known, and you are not surprised to see one. But it has good qualityThe newest of Need for Speed ​​brings us something that really impresses us, is that it takes elements of Burnout, which is considered very old, since it is very classic Burnout, which causes that bore you play if already have you ever played Burnout. Apart from that there is great variety in the cars, and are the best known, and you are not surprised to see one. But it has good quality graphics and sound, this is the exception Expand
  10. Feb 20, 2014
    Nearly the exact same as the console counterpart. Great soundtrack, huge car variety, massive map and an insane amount of things to explore. Probably the best racing game I have played this year and it's portable... what's not to love !
  11. Nov 14, 2013
    the sound design is wonderful, the graphics are very passable, but the gameplay is like piloting a yacht through a supermarket. thorouhly disappointed, particularly as there are no other realistic racers on vita.
  12. Sep 26, 2015
    A fantastic port of a console game to Vita, showing its true power. Almost identical to the console/PC versions except it lacks the DLC and is let down by one bug that I also experienced in the console version, sometimes the multiplayer ends up constantly saving and the UI is inaccessible, on the PS3 this resulted in the lost of my data after it froze up, this hasn't happened on the VitaA fantastic port of a console game to Vita, showing its true power. Almost identical to the console/PC versions except it lacks the DLC and is let down by one bug that I also experienced in the console version, sometimes the multiplayer ends up constantly saving and the UI is inaccessible, on the PS3 this resulted in the lost of my data after it froze up, this hasn't happened on the Vita port yet and all in all is a fantastic game and well worth the price. Expand
  13. Oct 30, 2012
    this game is really good game with the stunning graphics and amazing sound track well while the game is not as stunning as ps3 version it is still very good and a must by /////// my many lost because of you sony three perfect games in one day oh my god
  14. Oct 30, 2012
    Very close to the home console racing experience on a portable device. I personally prefer forza horizon but NFS MW is still great and fantastic on the vita
  15. Nov 5, 2012
    Since the launch of the PS Vita I was waiting for a racing game worth playing, and I found that in Need for Speed Most Wanted.

As pointed out by some other folks the game has it's flaws, mainly in the graphics department. The shadows are very pixelated and the particle effects and reflections are mostly non-existent. The frame rate was very solid for me in single player but fluctuated a lot when online. As I live in Brazil I suspect that it may have something to do with the connection lag.

Having stated those facts objectively, I need to say that I really don't care about them that much. I found the graphics more than good enough and the simple fact is that I keep playing and playing and seem to be unable to put the game down.

The game is feature complete compared to the other versions and is very similar in structure and gameplay to Burnout Paradise (big city, open world, many places to do jumps and other stunts, etc.) and the addition of cops and the easy to get cars really spices thing up.

The online gameplay is very rich and simple to get into and the realtime leaderboards (Autolog 2) are great for the competitive guy.

The simple fact is that the game is really not perfect, but I am having just too much fun to notice.
  16. Nov 13, 2012
    I' ve been playing this game for a few days and the only thing I can say is: wow!!! Good graphics, addictive gameplay and gorgeous online (no lag, fast...). How can this little device handle the whole map??? As I dont own a Ps3/xbox, the game suits perfect for me. Another question is which version you would pick up if you have both, home and portable consoles...
  17. Feb 2, 2013
    This game is an excellent racer. it has good graphics for the vita and an sturdy framerate. it can get boring when you have done the most wanted races however it will take very long to achieve 100% completion
  18. Nov 3, 2012
    The thing I have found about the Playstation Vita is that it's a split topic. On one hand you have the people that are content, and on the other there are the people that want more out of it. Games like Need for Speed: Most Wanted ride that fine line. It literally takes everything from the console version and crams it into a portable format. A few things lost in translation can't hold thisThe thing I have found about the Playstation Vita is that it's a split topic. On one hand you have the people that are content, and on the other there are the people that want more out of it. Games like Need for Speed: Most Wanted ride that fine line. It literally takes everything from the console version and crams it into a portable format. A few things lost in translation can't hold this back from being a great racer early in the Vita's life cycle.

First off I'll start with the good. Like I said above this is literally the same game you are playing on the consoles. All the cars, races, areas, challenges are all there. Even Autolog is there which is a nice addition for those of you with friends that want to compete indirectly. A few Vita specific races have been thrown in for good measure. As far as the gameplay, well it's simply... Sublime. Cars handle, and sound just as good as their console counterparts. Criterion has literally put gameplay parity on priority with this game and that's why I'm so happy with the product.

However it's not entirely perfect, as one troll on the website here puts it. There are some texture issues with the map, as well as clipping textures like flashing tire tracks and the like that are having a hard time translating. Another thing i have noticed is that there are a few less cars on the road and a few graphical effects have been drawn back or cut completely. The visuals are also not on par with the consoles, which is to be expected considering this is a portable we're talking about. Another point the troll puts out is that the iOS version is superior due to graphics, controls, and overall gameplay. My rebuttal is... Are you high? I have played the iOS version and it isn't even half the game that you are getting with the Vita version. Now everybody needs to realize that we are in the infancy of the Vita's development cycle and developers are still getting their reigns on the platform so to speak. Aside from these niggling issues it's a rock solid counterpart to a fantastic console racing game.

Overall by purchasing this you are for the most part getting the console game on a handheld. Gameplay wise it's phenomenal, polish wise it's not horrible by any stretch of the means, and the issues I listed above are absolutely patchable. You would be missing out on a fantastic racing game by not picking this up. 8.5/10

Synopsis: Totally worth your hard earned cash.
  19. Feb 18, 2013
    While I find this game hugely addictive there are a lot of things that annoy me about it.
    Good: -Graphics -size of map.
    Bad: -when driving over bridges your wheels sink into the road -when you brake the License plate light comes on, i'm sure this should be on all the time -police cars sometimes disappear infront of you -no car animations (raisable spoilers, air breaks) -boat like
    Good: -Graphics -size of map.
    Bad: -when driving over bridges your wheels sink into the road
    -police cars sometimes disappear infront of you
    -no car animations (raisable spoilers, air breaks)
    -boat like control, breaking takes miles, turning? stick to the freeway, when you break from 150mph+ you vear to the right and crash.
    -not much difference in hadeling and speed between cars
    -unrealistic performance from cars, little hatchbacks doing 170mph +
    -no use of second analogue stick for accelerator or brake so you only have an on/off brake and accelerator with the shoulder buttons.

The "missions" are a bit hollow, race, "upgrade" car, beat most wanted critter, race, "upgrade Car" and so on 10 times or until you get bored.

All you have to show you the plotted course is the Satnav which is small and a pain to have to check when you're driving at 180mph, you often find you've passed a corner, now and again there will be a wall of arrows to let you know when to turn but this is rare.

Somehow it's still addictive though.

I bought it on Xbox 360 after and it's a much better game but the gameplay is still hollow.

NFS the Run has a story and everything, this is just empty, it's like they made the map and the cars then realised they had a week to implement the Driving Engine and Gameplay.
  20. Nov 3, 2012
    I have been waiting for this game to hit the Vita; I am a criterion fan, specially their Hot pursuit game. However, playing this game on the vita, felt so flimsy being a just a port without taking the time to understand or adjust it to operate on a handheld device.
    It feels that they spent too much time on the features and not enough on the actual driving experience and mechanics.
    The

The fonts are way to small, the driving engine is not half good as the hot pursuit one.

I yet to play it on my PC & PS3. Bottom line i am dissapointed.
  21. Oct 30, 2012
    why is nfs most wanted is a must buy the answer very easy because it has every thing you need from racing games graphics sounds and action so do not forget to own yourself this game ..note,,, there is some issues
  22. Nov 29, 2012
    I bought this game against my better judgement because I usually don't buy racing games, but I got it anyway. I took it home played it for 10 minutes and I felt regret. The graphics are okay (good for a handheld I guess) but leave much to be desired. The game play is what I was most dissapointed with the handling feels like you're trying to turn a boat and that's why I returned it theI bought this game against my better judgement because I usually don't buy racing games, but I got it anyway. I took it home played it for 10 minutes and I felt regret. The graphics are okay (good for a handheld I guess) but leave much to be desired. The game play is what I was most dissapointed with the handling feels like you're trying to turn a boat and that's why I returned it the very next day. Sub par graphics I can take but bad game play...HELL NO! I would'nt recommend it to anyone. Save your money and buy something else. Expand
  23. Dec 8, 2012
    What Need for Speed: Most Wanted does for the PSVita is exactly what Burnout Legends did for the PSP, it shows off what the console is capable at this point. Which appears to be bringing a whole console game to the Vita. The whole thing! Except Legends was the best of all the console games in one. Most wanted was just the whole game on the Vita. Travelling around Fairhaven, Most Wanted'sWhat Need for Speed: Most Wanted does for the PSVita is exactly what Burnout Legends did for the PSP, it shows off what the console is capable at this point. Which appears to be bringing a whole console game to the Vita. The whole thing! Except Legends was the best of all the console games in one. Most wanted was just the whole game on the Vita. Travelling around Fairhaven, Most Wanted's massive open world, is a joy. The game is very much like Burnout, people have called it Burnout 2, which is not a problem. The cars swing around, the take-downs feel heavy, it's a pure arcade racer right down to its heart. I really can't stress how fun this game is. Every aspect of this is the same as the console version, but its even more suited to the Vita. The fact that a whole console game has been perfectly put into the form of a PSVita card, is awesome. And it's true, every race, bit of the world, every car e.t.c. The gameplay is perfect for the Vita. This game is addictive. Expand
  24. Nov 26, 2012
    I love racing games - so i may be a bit biased but this is a game I constantly go back to more than any other game on my vita. I love playing with headphones because of the sounds of the engines and the screams of the tires on asphalt. This is a high class game. Its a bit like a pig with lipstick. Its still a pig, albeit a pretty one. The game looks great, its not current gen 'consoleI love racing games - so i may be a bit biased but this is a game I constantly go back to more than any other game on my vita. I love playing with headphones because of the sounds of the engines and the screams of the tires on asphalt. This is a high class game. Its a bit like a pig with lipstick. Its still a pig, albeit a pretty one. The game looks great, its not current gen 'console quality' but it still looks great. Graphics alone i'd give it a 7.5/10. When you are stopped and really start to stare at the screen, the visuals start to fall apart. Foliage is a bit spares, the detail is a bit lame, and the textures are small. The cars themselves are beautiful, and they integrate damage in an interestingly optimized way. But where the visuals soar is when you're moving at 100+ MPH through the city and highways. The game flies beautifully and this is how the games was meant to be seen.

The online connectivity of the games is amazing. Coming back a few days later to find a friend beat your track time or had a better launch through a billboard keeps you engaged in new ways. I find it so much fun to find a car I like and try to beat all the races with that car. I have only done 2 of the 10 most wanted races but there's so much content in this game. I love it! I can't recommend this game more highly if you like racing games. I was a huge fan of Ridge Racer - which had awesome online multiplayer. I loved the Rockstar Midnight Club series, and played the PSP version quite a bit on my vita, but with this racing game - I need no other right now.
  25. Nov 9, 2012
    I was undecided whether to pick up this game because i was pretty disappointed with NFS games released past years (only one i liked was Hot Pursuit , also created by Criterion). But im glad i tried this one on PS Vita. First of all , the game is the same as PS3/X360/PC version, only with worse graphics and sound but they are still pretty enjoyable ! Game runs silk smooth , with someI was undecided whether to pick up this game because i was pretty disappointed with NFS games released past years (only one i liked was Hot Pursuit , also created by Criterion). But im glad i tried this one on PS Vita. First of all , the game is the same as PS3/X360/PC version, only with worse graphics and sound but they are still pretty enjoyable ! Game runs silk smooth , with some loading while you go fast through the city but it doesnt slow down the game in any way (at least i didnt noticed). Main positive i see in this game is the fun factor. Everything i do is very entertaining , every race has its own difficulty and rewards you get when you finish the race which you can apply to your car immediately after the race using the in-game menu. This menu is simply accessible through the d-pad anytime , if you are currently not in a race. What can i say, if you liked the classic Most Wanted or Hot Pursuit released in 2010, then buy this game you will not regret it. At last a solid Need for Speed game and luckily also for PS Vita :) Expand
  26. Nov 7, 2012
    I wish this game was exclusively designed for PS VITA. The Console version n Pc version are just god in graphics, the overall gameplay is not satisfying at all compare to other racing games. It sounds a remake of BurnOut Paradise with the name of NEED FOR SPEED . However despite of my dissapointment on the other versions i think this game is pretty good for handheld ! The vita graphics inI wish this game was exclusively designed for PS VITA. The Console version n Pc version are just god in graphics, the overall gameplay is not satisfying at all compare to other racing games. It sounds a remake of BurnOut Paradise with the name of NEED FOR SPEED . However despite of my dissapointment on the other versions i think this game is pretty good for handheld ! The vita graphics in city are good, out of town has lack of details. Frame rate is pretty good, excitement is a bit less due to less traffic in streets. but the other part the design of cars is shiiny. Gameplay is similar to console ! overall i think criterion can do better than this, but this is a good approach like assassins creed Expand
  27. Nov 7, 2012
    What can I say? This game has been very good to me. As a casual racing game fan, this game has more than met my expectation. I don't own this game for the Xbox 360 so I can't compare the two. But, as a Vita owner having 9 games under my belt, this is one of the better games. The best thing is that I can play two to three races at a time and have a blast. Highly recommended!
  28. Nov 13, 2012
    Loving this game! I loved the sandbox layout of Burnout Paradise and Criterion have done an excellent job recreating that on the Vita, with EA's blessing. Most negative comments I've seen were around it not being exactly like the ps3 version, which I find ludicrous. The fact they have a mini metropolis with no lag or reloading on a handheld is absolutely outstanding, and people of thatLoving this game! I loved the sandbox layout of Burnout Paradise and Criterion have done an excellent job recreating that on the Vita, with EA's blessing. Most negative comments I've seen were around it not being exactly like the ps3 version, which I find ludicrous. The fact they have a mini metropolis with no lag or reloading on a handheld is absolutely outstanding, and people of that opinion should perhaps compare to psp/ds instead to get a reality check. This is a phenomenal effort on a handheld, bring on the dlc! Expand
  29. Nov 29, 2012
    NFS Most Wanted Vita is a direct port of the console versions, and save for some graphical downgrades and lesser traffic, is the exact same game we're presented on consoles, only on the go. The game is generally consistent in terms of looks, cars are sleek and beautiful to look at and while the environments aren't the best out there, they get the job done. My only complaints are that drawNFS Most Wanted Vita is a direct port of the console versions, and save for some graphical downgrades and lesser traffic, is the exact same game we're presented on consoles, only on the go. The game is generally consistent in terms of looks, cars are sleek and beautiful to look at and while the environments aren't the best out there, they get the job done. My only complaints are that draw distances aren't quite so great, and car headlights in the distance can look like a blob of pixels, which require some getting used to before being able to correctly judge where exactly the cars are at. Also, the game suffers from a lack of any story. Non, zero, zilch. This can get boring quickly for players who don't care so much for the cars, as there is a lack of motivation for players to continue playing. However, the game generally looks stunning, and races are fun and thrilling to play through. There are a ton of cars to find and drive through and while the lack of any real customization is disappointing, the races and sheer amount of cars keep the game from getting boring too quickly. Multiplayer is also a blast where you race in a multitude of different events with up to 3 other players. The races are relatively stable and i've only encountered some connection issues and lag once or twice since i've had the game. Overall, need for speed most wanted vita is the go to game currently for any racing title on the vita, and fits perfectly in your pocket for on the go gaming. Expand
  30. Nov 5, 2013
    Need For Speed Most Wanted stands out for it's outstanding graphics content and handling. But the city all the races take place in just feel so lifeless and generic. Did i mention almost every track looks the same? Not to mention the abuse of IAPs

1. Jan 21, 2013
    The new Most Wanted is no real "Most Wanted": It's an adventurous trip into the wide area of open world games without any string of story. For a quick drive the game is fun, but for a longer stay in Fairhaven it's missing a story and some guidance (apart from ongoing online matchmaking arenas).
  2. Dec 7, 2012
    It really is a well-realized effort and serves a suitable replacement to the home experience. I'd highly suggest checking it out; it's certainly high on my list of Vita games that are worth owning.
  3. Dec 4, 2012
    Many features are toned down in the Vita version, graphics, traffic and online functions for example. But that doesn't mean that the rest of the game is not good - in fact it's great. Especially due to the fact that it's designed around the portable format.