OlliOlli PlayStation Vita

8.0

1. Jan 22, 2014
    Many of us, when we were child, tried to ride a skate. But only a selected ones achieved it. Now, who are part of the first group, have the opportunity to demonstrate our hidden knowledge with OlliOlli. But, on the other hand, if you are an experimented skater, this recent indie title will give you a new challenge to beat.

Roll7 did an extremely good job with all the aspects and parts

Roll7 did an extremely good job with all the aspects and parts of the game, specially including a huge number of movements, tricks and grinds that we can combine each, getting our high multiplier explode(not literally).

Our main objective is to complete all the levels who are part of the different unlockable zones. But we’ll found other game modes like “Spots” or the “daily grind”. At last, over 50 levels are available if we play in normal mode but, if we want to improve our skills we need to unlock “pro” mode getting 5 stars in each level we played.

Don’t worry about the controls. The’re perfectly adapted to all the movements. Pads, buttons and triggers responds instantly with no mistakes. Sometimes is quite difficult to do the correct combo but luckily we have the access to the “Libro di Trucco” where we can found all the tricks and grinds we could do.

OlliOlli is translated into 5 languages. As you see, there are no excuses to try this excellent runner 2D with great price.

In IndiceVita had the oportunity to taste this big indie game and wrote a complete review of it in spanish, so feel free to take a look.

IndiceVita Final Score: 7,7
  2. Apr 22, 2014
    OlliOlli is a decent game. There are some things I like about it, and some things that I don't. An example of something I like about this game is the art style. The art style of this game is fantastic! It is very eye-catching, and it was one of the things that made me buy it in the recent sale.
    Unfortunately, there are a lot of things that I don't like about this game. For example, lets talk about the levels. The levels are very repetitive. Quite often, I found myself wondering if I had accidentally started playing the previous level. There needs to be more variety.
    Another thing that I don't like is the controls. They are very fidgety, and they took a while to get used to.
    However, neither of these annoy me more than this next point: the game crashes very often. To begin with, I thought that it was a problem with my Vita, but then a friend said that it was happening to him as well. I really hope that this gets fixed, as well as the addition of some kind of touch screen controls.
    I would only recommend that you buy this if it is in a sale, as it is not worth the normal £7.99 price.
  3. Jun 26, 2014
    This game has good potential but in my opinion it's let down by the controls which never feel intuitive. I frequently find myself missing a landing because I'm pressing the wrong combination or jumping when I didn't intend to do so. Close but no cigar.
  4. Oct 14, 2014
    A 2d skating game, that very much reminded me of Trials Evolution, OlliOlli offers a huge selection of tracks and challenges for players to complete using the wide variety of tricks available. While I could certainly appreciate the game for what it manages to achieve however, especially on such a low budget, I must admit that I often found it more frustrating than enjoyable. The controls,A 2d skating game, that very much reminded me of Trials Evolution, OlliOlli offers a huge selection of tracks and challenges for players to complete using the wide variety of tricks available. While I could certainly appreciate the game for what it manages to achieve however, especially on such a low budget, I must admit that I often found it more frustrating than enjoyable. The controls, which require players to be virtually spot with every button press, result in a steep learning curve and levels have to be memorised before you can really start racking up the high scores.

Anyone prepared to put in the time to master the tricky controls and learn the levels will find a deep and challenging game but, while I’ll revisit this on my Vita now and then, it’s just a little too difficult for me to really enjoy all that much.

1. games(TM)
    Mar 12, 2014
    Once you crest its steep learning curve, it becomes subtly addictive. [Issue#145, p.114]
  2. Games Master UK
    Mar 10, 2014
    A great goofy take on skateboarding that will hopefully lay the groundwork for a very special follow-up. [Apr 2014, p.68]
  3. Hyper Magazine
    Mar 9, 2014
    An enjoyable bed-and-bus time distraction that is perhaps just a sequel away from greatness. [Apr 2014, p.60]