7.5

1. Nov 29, 2012
    I'll keep it short and simple. It's a fun game with great mechanics, but everything that surrounds it is sub par. The menus, the trials, and extras, are all there but they lack a level of polish you would expect of a AAA game. If you love Sony, or like fighting games I would pick it up.
  2. Dec 31, 2012
    The game is not that bad with people saying it's a ssb clone. IT IS SUPPOSE TO BE it's just sony's turn to do it with PlayStation characters. The game is fun with your family or friends. But there are some cons about the game. There are glitches in online, people using op characters such as kratos, raiden or dante. The game just doesn't really feel like a ssb clone to me. My excuse is alsoThe game is not that bad with people saying it's a ssb clone. IT IS SUPPOSE TO BE it's just sony's turn to do it with PlayStation characters. The game is fun with your family or friends. But there are some cons about the game. There are glitches in online, people using op characters such as kratos, raiden or dante. The game just doesn't really feel like a ssb clone to me. My excuse is also they made the supers only to kill people so no health....Just killing people with supers. I can't really get a game in 1st anyway because people using the op characters and people who just don't try other characters. The game deserves a 7/10 though it's not great enough to be a ssb clone but a good one to say the least. Expand
  3. Nov 24, 2012
    This review is mostly pasted from my PS3 review however thats an acheivement for Vita in itself as all the functionality of the PS3 can be found here and in some instances the Vita actually does it better than its big brother counterpart. The Vita version is particularly great due to the online working so well from it as I've actually had more successful matches faster on Vita through WiFiThis review is mostly pasted from my PS3 review however thats an acheivement for Vita in itself as all the functionality of the PS3 can be found here and in some instances the Vita actually does it better than its big brother counterpart. The Vita version is particularly great due to the online working so well from it as I've actually had more successful matches faster on Vita through WiFi than I have on my PS3 through Ethernet which is to say something of the Vita version. The game weighs in at 1.6GB compared to the 5.9 of its PS3 counterpart but lacks hardly any of the punch apart from slightly worse graphical power. However this game is an impressive feat and the cross play I cannot stress enough is really god fun especially when its frame for frame the same as the PS3 version and Cross buy. That's why this game pushes slightly above the 8.5 (or 8 on Metacritic scale) I gave the PS3 edition the portability is great and the touchscreen makes navigating faster. Pasted review below with updated Vita scores:
    An superb take on the brawler genre! Whilst it does have its problems including character balancing issues (Kratos in particular is still a bit of a nuisance.) and at times it feels as if all the skills you've learned in the trial modes don't quite pay off online, as a whole its a great games. Now there are obvious comparisons to SSB but I suggest that's where you stop with artistic concept. The gameplay mechanisms are so different that to go into this expecting SSB is a big mistake. Unlike the team Sora's title this game tries to find a middle ground between party brawler and serious fighter, which leads to its distinctiveness but also it's downfalls. As stated above learning a full set of moves and how to implement combos might work out effectively for the most part, especially in 1 V 1 but not so much with 4 brawlers on the screen, which is disappointing but not the end of the world as they will still come in handy when your not pelted to the other side of the screen. Finally to get my last to 'bad' points out of the way, the presentation of the game defiately lacks finesse. Bare menus, often WTF VO's for the intro and a slapdash approach to many of the rival battles is slightly disapointing and is a low note. The 'Last boss' is also very disappointing, fair enough I didn't want a boss as hard as Seth or Shao Khan but I did want a boss which wasn't just a collection of fighter from the game it is quite underwhelming and I belive it might have been better to take the Seth approach in having a single boss with the move set of a few of the characters from the game, it just seems like a missed opportunity. With all of this said the game really shines with its seamless cross play functionality and cross save functionality which run flawlessly (albeit without cross trophy support currently). Also some of the deeper depth is great and whilst I moaned a bit about it earlier its certainly nice to have some deeper skill under the hood the the mechanics. The roster is nice and varied and actually I find the close ranged characters better despite many complaining about the long rangers. But most of all its great fun especially in MP, and if you have a whole group of your friends in a party on Vita and PS3 it is an absolute blast to play. Presentation: 7.5
    Gameplay:8.5
    Graphics: 8.5 (on the PSV scale of graphics as the graphics are not better than the PS3 but are so close)
    Longevity: 9.5
    Overall: 9
  4. Dop
    Nov 20, 2012
    Im enjoying the game but is nothing beyond extraordinary, especially for the pointless singleplayer expirence and the limited roster with some disappointing characters that dont live up to the ps history. smashing people against the walls and the tension to build the lvl 3 bar is fun, more if u put some friends in, but after that is just more of the same SSMB old formula, simple becauseIm enjoying the game but is nothing beyond extraordinary, especially for the pointless singleplayer expirence and the limited roster with some disappointing characters that dont live up to the ps history. smashing people against the walls and the tension to build the lvl 3 bar is fun, more if u put some friends in, but after that is just more of the same SSMB old formula, simple because it doesnt have enough variety. Expand
  5. Nov 23, 2012
    So after playing this game since it's release I must say I'm impressed at what they got. the gameplay is smooth, simple and fun, the graphics are rich for both PS3 and Vita and you got yourself a good selection of fighters with more to come later.

I'm not going over what this game is, you probably know anyway so let's get to the point. battle Royal is like Brawls but with it's own style. The more you take on enemies the more you charge up the bar down below fr a special. When that's charged you can kill your enemy if you hit them. There's three different versions of your super attack and each takes time to charge.

Single player.....well, your not getting much. you get a short intro (slide show anyway.) you fight, get a animated scene with your random opponent then boss fight. To be honest, once you find your fighter for the game you can pretty much beat the arcade mode in a breeze even on the hardest difficulty but it's the online that makes the game fun. Going up against real players is what makes this game shine, it's fun, fast and you'll be quickly addicted to it right away. My only flaw with this game is different game modes since you only get either free for all or team death match. It would have been a little interesting to see more game modes like one with health or a collecting game where you collect the orbs and see who has the most at the end but who knows, maybe they might release something special for it down the road.

In the end what you get is a great game for you and your friends to play and hey, if you purchase the PS3 version online you get a free Vita copy along with it. How cool is that?
  6. Feb 9, 2013
    I don't think PASBR will win against the big daddy Smash Bros. but its a good addition to this type of the fighting genre. It's just a fun yet simple formula with a short catalog of characters that in my most sincere opinion many of them feel unnecessary to a game that is supposed to be very Sony like for example, here we have Raiden, Big daddy that by no reason this guy came firstI don't think PASBR will win against the big daddy Smash Bros. but its a good addition to this type of the fighting genre. It's just a fun yet simple formula with a short catalog of characters that in my most sincere opinion many of them feel unnecessary to a game that is supposed to be very Sony like for example, here we have Raiden, Big daddy that by no reason this guy came first when the Xbox 360 was growing then Dante and Heihachi. And I mean many of these characters started in with the PS back in the day but they are starting to feel multi -platform in this generation the other complain is many of these characters the ones naturally from Sony are forgettable and I mean forgettable in terms of popularity why no Crash or Spyro in favor of Toro while is a Sony character is still not so relevant But anyway other than that the gameplay is very intriguing with a responsive style well checking it I'm glad Sony made this and I'm very glad they have found a clever style for their own family Expand
  7. Dec 12, 2012
    The game game is solid, the multiplayer is great - when it works. I participated in the Beta, and it seems that there are even more problems than when I played it back then. It takes FOREVER to find a match, and when it finally does connect, about 25% of my games lag/disconnect. I'd rate this much higher if the multiplayer wasn't so broken.
  8. Jul 13, 2013
    The game as a wonderful list of characters from Nathan Drake, Kratos, sly cooper and many other all stars of the Playstation francise. The gameplay lacks many things the supersmash bros did correctly. Playstation All Stars had a terrible Arcade mode where none of the character liked each other, the moves were based on building up your power levels to perform a super move to kill yourThe game as a wonderful list of characters from Nathan Drake, Kratos, sly cooper and many other all stars of the Playstation francise. The gameplay lacks many things the supersmash bros did correctly. Playstation All Stars had a terrible Arcade mode where none of the character liked each other, the moves were based on building up your power levels to perform a super move to kill your enemies as their is no ring outs or any other ways to die. Expand
  9. Dec 14, 2012
    I really love this game, but in it this is a lot of disbalance. It plays like super smash bros brawl. I cant play it more than hour in a day. This game much more better, when you are playing with your friends. Its AMAZING!!!
  10. Sep 10, 2013
    With a pretty big character roster, pretty good graphics, and a fast and entertaining gameplay, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale is a easy recommendation for the younger audience
  11. May 2, 2014
    I like this game, it succeeded in being its own thing. it didn't feel like a super smash bros rip off because of its take on controls and using a special move to defeat your opponents. was super smash bros better? yes. but it was still a lot of fun, even though I wish I could have seen characters like spyro and crash on the game but I guess there was some licencing issues or something withI like this game, it succeeded in being its own thing. it didn't feel like a super smash bros rip off because of its take on controls and using a special move to defeat your opponents. was super smash bros better? yes. but it was still a lot of fun, even though I wish I could have seen characters like spyro and crash on the game but I guess there was some licencing issues or something with that. that last boss in story modes is a little lame though. Expand
  12. May 13, 2014
    Talk about disappointing. This game had so much going for it. Its Super Smash Bros with PlayStation characters, how could you mess that up? Well they did. Lets get into some positives first. The game play and combat system are good, Its honestly better than I thought is was going to be. Characters interacting with each other was entertaining. using specials was honestly the only thing ITalk about disappointing. This game had so much going for it. Its Super Smash Bros with PlayStation characters, how could you mess that up? Well they did. Lets get into some positives first. The game play and combat system are good, Its honestly better than I thought is was going to be. Characters interacting with each other was entertaining. using specials was honestly the only thing I liked better than Super Smash Bros Brawl. I think there better than final smashes. That is about it. The first problem with the game is the fact that you already have all the characters unlocked. That means there is no true reason to even play the arcade mode. There is also a lackluster roster of characters, there are only 20 (24 with DLC). Also some of these characters don't even belong in this game (Big Daddy I am looking at you). Also one of the DLC characters you can buy the guy from Dead space. Again he does not belong in this game. Fighting is fun, but will start to get boring pretty fast, and will have you just going back to Super Smash Bros. PlayStation All-stars Is simply an inferior game. If you can get this game at a good price or just rent it. There is some fun to be had. Otherwise just stick Super Smash Bros. Expand

1. Feb 1, 2013
    It has all the aspects of a Super Smash Bros., but the fact that only super attacks can kill off a character make the game feel less strategic. Still, it is a fun game to play with a few friends on the couch or online.
  2. The game feels right at home here. While it may not exactly push the PS3 to its limits, seeing it run on the PS Vita's 5 inch OLED screen is still extremely impressive. The camera keeps track of the frantic action perfectly, and although a little impact is lost the fidelity of the whole package makes up for it. [January 2013, p77]
  3. Jan 14, 2013
    With the PS3 version being far superior, the Vita version is only for those who do not own their home console brother as on the Vita it's fun but not great due to the frustration factor.