8.1

1. Dec 10, 2013
    "Pupuru is 10/10 on moe scale" Ovoon's moe reviews
    .........................................................................................................
  2. Jan 9, 2014
    + Visuals and sound that support the quirkiness of the game + Light-hearted story with a lot of humor + Dynamic difficulty (but not too difficult) + Customizable outfits for Pupuru + A decent amount of bonus content + Generally a fun experience ~ Simple story ~ Level 1 reset when you leave any dungeon at any time (a bit strange, but not problematic) - Not much is actually explained about battle mechanics or item effects beyond the absolute basics
    - Limited to two characters for dungeon-crawling
    - It can be very tedious to need to go through a dungeon a second time
    - Menus are not streamlined or efficient
    - Niche demographic
    - Liberal translations (this one’s nit-picking)
    - Framerate drops are not unusual when a lot is happening during a fight

Overall, it's a fun game with some problems, but still worth playing.

The Garbage Man Reviews
  3. Dec 16, 2013
    First things first: I'm very happy to have a Roguelike game on Vita with all the perks of the platform: portable, trophy support and countless hours of gameplay at my disposal. That alone is great, and the game makes for a fine addition to the Vita Library.

The story is funny and the characters are great. The cartoonish style is also very cool, so I'm hooked on that front.

Sometimes
    I wish the cutscenes where shorter, specially at the very beginning when I was anxious to dig into the meat of the gameplay without missing any important part of the plot. But overall its fine.

I'm not 100% on the gameplay department, though.

Being a fan of deep Roguelike games like Dungeons of Dredmor, I'm finding it a bit too simplistic. Fighting is pretty easy and you don't have a lot of depth to it (the abilities at your disposal are limited, so you're pretty much finding a good position and melee attacking the foes until they are finished).

You can also trow some itens at the enemies, but this strategy is quite inefficient. The skills are overpowered, so they are usually very limited. For me, that is the biggest missed opportunity. I'd rather have more variety with some kind of cool down to the skills, so I could use them more often (granted, they'd be less powerful).

This simplicity is more evident when you level up. There is no big decisions to be made, your stats just get better as you character grow stronger.

On a positive note, there is one companion that you have to watch (his health don't regenerate, so you need to feed it with loot in order to level him up and heal). Its an interesting concept that adds a layer of complexity to the exploration. Since you could use the loot to upgrade your weapons, it makes for some interesting choices along the way.

I'm about 12 hours in, and I'm still hoping that the gameplay will improve. If it does, I'll gladly ad another point to my review.

Once again, I'm happy with the game overall. Vita seems to be the perfect platform for roguelikes. For the asking price, though, I was expecting something deeper than what we got.

I'd give it a 7,5 ou of 10. A good, but not great roguelike.
  4. May 31, 2014
    It's lighthearted enjoyable Rougelike turn based RPG which is very easy. The joy is in upgrading all your equipment. There are many in the game and there's a trophy to upgrade them all to the highest level. It's very easy to upgrade though, when you are at the right place. The graphics are what I like too. It's one of the few games I replied and aim to plat. The drawback of the game is it's too easy and the monsters are almost no change, just that several types, with color changes. So if you play it nonstop, it will feel a little boring. However I always wanted to pick it up again the second day. It's addictive. I recommend the game to those who play to enjoy, to play to challenge. Expand

1. Jul 6, 2014
    I doubt I will look back on Sorcery Saga: Curse Of The Great Curry God fondly, if I remember it at all. If you cornered me and forced me to give it a compliment, the best I could come up with is that it is mercifully short.
  2. Apr 7, 2014
    A neat risk/reward system. [May 2014, p.78]
  3. Mar 13, 2014
    Sorcery Saga: The Curse of the Great Curry God is a title that manages to get across the understanding of a roguelike in a rather simple manner. While its concept might come across as a baby version of the genre, what lies beneath the cute visuals is a punishing game that won’t let you off easily.