• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Apr 30, 2013
8.1

1. Apr 30, 2013
    Soul sacrifice does enough and offers enough amount of content to show that its not a clone of a monster hunter and its true. The amount of customize you have is a vast variety of skills, magics and so on in which the gamer is being encouraged constantly to try out them and prepare themselves for harder boss fights. each level of game takes place in an arena where you will clear the areaSoul sacrifice does enough and offers enough amount of content to show that its not a clone of a monster hunter and its true. The amount of customize you have is a vast variety of skills, magics and so on in which the gamer is being encouraged constantly to try out them and prepare themselves for harder boss fights. each level of game takes place in an arena where you will clear the area from enemies, meanwhile you will be given certain decision which will be effective in the way your character is being developed throughout the game. That will be the Sacrificing and rescue factors.
    Combat in this game is rewarding and its really a fun and challenging experience, no matter you go alone or u join online matches the gameplay feels quiet same and fun.
    the issues comes in where you realize that game sounds same. areas and enemies are poorly developed and there are not much variety to them. its obvious arena and designs where inspired by Mythology stuff but it could be so much better if the team could put in more effort in designing more variety of enemies.
    aside of that, SS have one of the best Art directions around and its no doubt about it, Soundtrack is very well composed and its quiet catchy.
    the gameplay will feel quiet repetitive after few hours and its generally the nature of this genre, but SS is trying to improve this issue by offering a huge amount of options to player and having a very rewarding combats. Its quiet up2 the gamer, for those who the game will be addictive they will not feel its repetitive, but if you didnt like the demo or this genre the game is not going to be your type.
    The graphics are good but some textures are quiet blurred or bad.
    finally I think SS is not the game that we expected, and Inafune (with his big name around) didnt do much to make a masterpiece, but all together, for a vita to receive a RPG game SS is a very good title.
  2. May 2, 2013
    Ok, lets get this out of the way fast, Is it a Monster Huner Clone No. To me is it better than monster hunter No.

SS is an Action game that gets more repeative than monster hunter because the only thing you do is kill a boss that is put right in front of you. It needs more to do, Not in the killing varaity. Heck, look at God of War. It is just kill kill kill, but then you have

It needs more to do, Not in the killing varaity. Heck, look at God of War. It is just kill kill kill, but then you have climbing portions and then the puzzles breaking up the mass murder. Atless in Monster Hunter you have the town in which you deal with npc's, create new weps and armore, manage items. Soul Sacrifice needs more. For how much content is in the game, there is truly very little.

So over all it is a average Action game.
  3. May 6, 2013
    Fantastic and unexpected game for the vita. The combat is fun, but there isn't much depth to it. It's just rolling around and firing your weapon. Though somehow this ends up being unbelievably fun. The story is short but sweet. The voice acting is phenomenal (The Japanese one however, is god awful). The music is generic inside battles, but when in the menu screens are going through theFantastic and unexpected game for the vita. The combat is fun, but there isn't much depth to it. It's just rolling around and firing your weapon. Though somehow this ends up being unbelievably fun. The story is short but sweet. The voice acting is phenomenal (The Japanese one however, is god awful). The music is generic inside battles, but when in the menu screens are going through the story, it is unlike any other. It has complete influence of emotional responses throughout the story. Fusing system is simple, yet addictive. The flaws? God awful human AI. The average partner will die 10-15 times a boss regardless of how many times you heal them fully. They do not roll, they do not avoid monsters. They stand still and take the blow far too often. I go out of my way to revive someone? They die instantly. Monster jumps in the air and is aiming for them? Cool, they'll just stand still and die. This made the game extremely frustrating when going for the save route. Not to mention in some stages it is possible to get trapped by a gigantic monster in a corner, and get glitched there until death. Regardless if the monster jumps in the air, you are still unable to move from the spot. Those moments are highly frustrating. Also, F**k cats. Expand
  4. Jul 13, 2013
    Though at times tedious Soul Sacrifice brings more option to rewriting your own story at any given time. Soul Sacrifice has a wonderful list of skills that can be leveled up. Choices in this game are big but then again you can change what you have chosen. The game bases around you saving a creature for health or sacrificing them for mana for the list of skills you have (6 skills at once).Though at times tedious Soul Sacrifice brings more option to rewriting your own story at any given time. Soul Sacrifice has a wonderful list of skills that can be leveled up. Choices in this game are big but then again you can change what you have chosen. The game bases around you saving a creature for health or sacrificing them for mana for the list of skills you have (6 skills at once). Working with friends can be useful but the A.I on your own team would some reason always attack you in the process of attacking another enemy. Expand
  5. Jun 13, 2013
    Why this game gets such good reviews I don't know! After two levels of being amazed by the graphics for two levels you will start to realise how umbelievebly repetitive and boring this game is. Also, the lack of enemy's having health bars makes combat tedious because you can be slapping an enemy for five minutes and not even know how close you are to killing it. The only reason I am givingWhy this game gets such good reviews I don't know! After two levels of being amazed by the graphics for two levels you will start to realise how umbelievebly repetitive and boring this game is. Also, the lack of enemy's having health bars makes combat tedious because you can be slapping an enemy for five minutes and not even know how close you are to killing it. The only reason I am giving this game a 5 is because the story was quite good! Expand
  6. Jun 20, 2013
    SS I am somewhat disappointed. What genre should it be it has nothing in common with RPG (there are some aspects but I wouldn't say that two or things can make an RPG, I prefer tactical). The choice to kill the enemy or to let him live is disappointment also since in many cases you will do it freely (ok you can do it based on lore but please read my next point), some bosses which ISS I am somewhat disappointed. What genre should it be it has nothing in common with RPG (there are some aspects but I wouldn't say that two or things can make an RPG, I prefer tactical). The choice to kill the enemy or to let him live is disappointment also since in many cases you will do it freely (ok you can do it based on lore but please read my next point), some bosses which I wanted to save I had to kill or the opposite way. Since I would say that this game is action/fighting game with some strategic/tactical elements than I don't see the point in reading the lore (well I read it but still) so that is why the choices are free (the lore should make them difficult however it is not working for me). But what is the greatest disappointment is the graphic part of the game. I expected this one to be the ONE however DOA, MK or Virtua Tennis looks much much better (not to mention that battle areas in SS are small). Overall I would give this game 8 points (if it would have the RPG elements I would give probably 9) but I will keep this at 6 (I didn't regret the buying it however but it is not a must-have). Will wait for really good Action RPG. Expand
  7. Jun 6, 2014
    I gave this score only because of the story. I like the story and the setting. Rest of the game is meh. I still enjoy to play a run or two from time to time. It is a nice game, and someone can find more value than me in it.
  8. May 1, 2013
    Soul Sacrifice does not disappoint. I played the demo a ton, and the full game is only better. Tons of weapons, upgrades, main quests and side quests make this game a must-have RPG for the Vita. Is it good enough to go purchase a Vita to play? I wouldn't say so, but it is well worth the $40 if you already own a Vita. Plus, the 4 player online co-op adds extra bang for your buck. Pick thisSoul Sacrifice does not disappoint. I played the demo a ton, and the full game is only better. Tons of weapons, upgrades, main quests and side quests make this game a must-have RPG for the Vita. Is it good enough to go purchase a Vita to play? I wouldn't say so, but it is well worth the $40 if you already own a Vita. Plus, the 4 player online co-op adds extra bang for your buck. Pick this game up! Solid 8/10. Collapse

1. Sep 10, 2013
    Soul Sacrifice is a heavy action-rpg with a great moral choice system. Even if the camera controls are poor and there are a few graphical quirks the developer Marvelous AQL delivers an awesome game with lots of replayability. If you own a PS Vita you owe yourself to play this game.
  2. The gameplay is smooth and every spell is designed to be both cool and useful. The environments are well crafted, ranging from icy plains mired with huge chains to forests filled with bizarre trees covered in throbbing blood veins. [June 2013, p.88]
  3. Soul Sacrifice isn’t the deepest Action-RPG out there, but it’s certainly one of the most interesting, and it feels right at home on PS Vita. [July 2013, p78]