• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Nov 22, 2013
9.0

1. Nov 22, 2013
    Quite possibly, one of the best handheld games I've ever played! It's as if you're involved in the game somehow with the many features on the Vita. A very unique creative game that even makes Nintendo games look pale compared to Tearaway. I highly recommend this! Money well spent. Kudos to media molecules
  2. Nov 22, 2013
    INITIAL IMPRESSIONS

Having now spent a good couple of hours in the company of this wonderfully executed lesson in innovation and story telling, from those crazy-talented folks over at Media Molecule, I feel obliged to wade in with some brief impressions for my fellow (and perhaps, future) Vita owners.

I'm delighted (and more than just a tad relieved) to confirm, that having
    previously digested reviews from the digital pages of esteemed gaming sites like Destructoid (10/10), Pocket Gamer (also 10), IGN (9.3) and Edge (9), their overwhelmingly positive findings are indeed entirely accurate.

The first chapter is a little slow to get going, and to a lesser extent, so is the second. However, it is in these early sections that MM holds your hand a little, slowly but surely endowing you with the skills required to negotiate many of the wholly unique underpinnings on which Tearaway's delightfully whimsical world (a world that is inextricably linked to the real one, might I add) is built.

Furthermore, these skills take full advantage of the Vita's entire suite of input channels (front touchscreen, rear touchpad, gyro, camera's...) making Tearaway a genuinely unique experience. An experience that is genuinely only workable on Sony's otherwise oft-maligned pocket-rocket. With this in mind, as far as I'm concerned, Tearaway is Vita's first bona fide system seller! Yep, that good.

Like I said, having played Tearaway for just over two hours, these are only my initial impressions, so I'll be sure to pop back in the next day or two to report more. HOWEVER, in the meantime, I really must get back to this frankly wonderful game!

Happy gaming everyone!
  3. Nov 22, 2013
    Got a Vita just to play this! It was so worth it. If you do own a Vita, you owe it to yourself to play this game :D Really charming characters, world, art style, and it's really fun.
  4. Nov 22, 2013
    This game is so charm and awesome. It gives you smile to your face and happiness into you. The paper word is amazingly done in this game. I don't understand how someone could give lower mark than 10 for this awesome peace of gaming industry
  5. Nov 22, 2013
    Tearaway is everything a video games should be. It's unique, innovative, charming, and overall brilliant. This game alone is worth purchasing the Vita for.
  6. Nov 24, 2013
    I could sit here and write a million words on how Tearaway is a great game and how Media Molecule has changed my perspective of gaming.. Or I could simply let you know that money does indeed buy happiness. For $35.99 on the PlayStation store, you can indeed buy happiness by purchasing this game.
  7. Nov 25, 2013
    I'll keep this review short and sweet (just like this game). MM have really done it this time, this game is so full of life and wonder I can barely stand it. An entire world hand crafted out of paper! the art direction is the best i've ever seen, the graphics are a joy to behold, and the platforming mini games paper-crafting was so fun i could barely put it down! The game itself is a somewhat short affair being around 10 hours to complete, but in this games case it really works for it. I started my second play through the second i beat the game, and for a portable only title i think that says a lot. Expand
  8. Nov 24, 2013
    Much like LittleBigPlanet, Media Molecule shows their full creativity with Tearaway. As a platformer, it succeeds. The papercraft visuals and the nice soundtrack complement this game very well. This is a gem that shines bright like Sony Japan Studio's The Puppeteer. This is a must own title and should not be passed up any Vita owner.
  9. Nov 22, 2013
    This game is nothing short of magical. I find a feeling of an amazing calm come over me when I play Tearaway. To me, this is one of the classic games of this whole generation. Incredible!
  10. Dec 31, 2013
    A true joy to play. Takes full advantage of the PS Vita features such as it's cameras and rear touch pad. Played the first two levels right next to my 10 year old as a sort of bed time story last night for both of us. Beautiful, fun, engaging. What more could you ask for in a game?
  11. Dec 2, 2013
    The world Media Molecule has created is one of the most original and imaginative of all time. The way paper is creatively used for many things is beautiful. And their cast of quirky characters, along with the neat and heartwarming story are charming beyond belief. The graphics, controls, framerate are all so smooth and perfect. Everything actually looks and feels like paper. The physics are critical in this feel, and they're spot on as well: every piece of paper you walk on moves believably.

Just play Tearway asap
  12. Dec 28, 2013
    It should have a chapter in every book about creativity and design. Exploring and wandering around the world of Tearaway is pure joy and this time you will be part of the story also.
  13. Dec 1, 2013
    This game is a piece of art. Among the few truly great exclusive titles on the Vita, Wipeout 2048, Uncharted GA, Killzone Mercenary, Tearaway is something special. Instead of creating a regular 3d world Media Molecule created a living, breathing paper world. Every single detail in this game makes the experience a pleasure. A must own title for anyone who can appreciate a charming game that provides a experience off the beaten pass of fps et. a. Expand
  14. Dec 21, 2013
    I felt like writing this review simply because I have never in my twenty years of gaming experienced anything like this! This game cost me more excitement an awe then any game I've played. Media molecule have created a game that is truly extraordinarily fantastic on all fronts. I've never really cared for little big planet. Not that I think it's bad just I never really got into it but tearaway I feel totally different. This game is made for creativity more so than little big planet. Even though I only played the demo I know what I'm talking about. The fact that you actually become a part of the game drawn into the world of tearaway is truly breathtaking and unique. I really love this game it's a wonderful experience and well worth the time and money. I truly hope everyone would give this game a chance to see how great it really is. Creativity and imagination has led this game in triumphant. Outstanding job media molecule. Expand
  15. Nov 23, 2013
    This game is why I absolutely love modern Playstation. They take risks and they always deliver, and this game is no different.
    The gameplay in this game is simple yet oozing with charm and new experiences
    The music plays very well into the atmosphere of this papercraft world, and it gives you a cozy feeling inside
    The artstyle is absolutely beautiful and lends to the game's charm
    something great
    The story and characters were funny, cute, simple, and most of all; charming.
    Most of the charm comes from the amount of creativity, detail, and use of the PSVita features. There comes many parts in the game where you can draw a pattern or symbol on something and it shows up. Little did I know, it shows up the rest of the game. I had penises everywhere on screen at a time, and it gives you the option to change it, but I kept it in there just to remind myself how much care was put into the user-creativity in this game; and it made me laugh a few times. This has been a great year for gaming and this is definitely one of the Swan Songs of 2013.

"9/10, it's alright"
    -IGN
  16. Dec 23, 2013
    This game is just amazing! I'm 23 years old and I still think this game is one of the best handheld games ever created. The world is just beautiful, and literally everything is made out of paper! You can't possibly get bored since Tearaway uses EVERY single feature of the Vita. I strongly recommend you to buy a vita for this game cause trust me, you'll love it.
  17. Dec 8, 2013
    tearaway is absolutely incredible. it has an unique style with immersion that is unrivaled by any other portable game. It deserves the 10/10 rating. definitely a must have vita game.
  18. Jan 3, 2014
    Tearaway is one of the greatest Vita games out there right now. The game is so unique and the art style is just beautiful. The paper world is cool plus as part as the story you can make items and give them to characters. Plus you can customize your own character through an in game shop. While the stuff in shop isn't to expensive it will add up from all of the amazing things you can buy.

Level design is just amazing. Since the levels are made of paper you can change the shape of the paper with just a flick of the finger. The levels truly make use of the Vita's touch screen and its back touch screen. The puzzles are not that hard but they are fun nether the less to solve. At some points in the game you can see your face as part of the game due to the Vita's front camera and you have a camera that you get in game that you actually take pictures with in game and with it occasionally you take a picture in real life with it a character will get the texture of the picture.

The character are simple but they truly give you emotion through there successes and losses. The games character are designed very well and the introduction of the characters is great. The only characters that have voice acting are the narrators but for the other characters it is unneeded and can be expressed through facial expressions.

I won't go in depth into the story for spoiler reasons. The story is outstanding and will give meaning to everyone you met throughout your adventure. This game is not short at all it will take you awhile to complete and once you do complete it you will want to play it again to get all of the things you missed.

This game is just truly amazing and puts other platform games to shame. The characters are great, the story is amazing, and the art style is beautiful. In my opinion this game should be a contender for game of the year. If you have a Vita I highly recommend you get Tearaway and experience the magic of this game.
  19. Dec 15, 2013
    If you own a Vita, you have to own this game! Yes it's that good and it's almost reason enough to buy a Vita, if you don't have a Vita.

Tearaway is a brilliant platformer, which really takes advantage of the hardware in Vita. It's not a kids game, but it can be played by kids and adults, just like eg. Mario for the Nintendo platforms. It is without doubt one of the best handheld games I
    have ever played and hands down the best handheld game of 2013. Expand
  20. Jan 2, 2014
    Truly an amazing experience and one of the best handheld games ever made. this is an experience that will only ever be possible on a playstation vita and it uses each of the vita's gimmicks in a truly interesting way. the addition of unique and fascinating art style using papercraft, fun platforming and a really unique story. what makes this game so special though is the additon of you. you are not just playing it, you are the main character and fully featured in the world of tearaway. fun things like photos, recordings and your own creations are fully featured in the world of tearaway and pop up in expected and unexpected places. it really makes it a game that is fully tailored to you. This is your story and it is something that i have never quite experience before. this game must be played by everyone who has a vita. Expand
  21. Nov 28, 2013
    Media Molecule has done it again. Tearaway is utter brilliance. The story is cute, the art style is fantastic, and the game also utilizes all of the vitas features in a good way. This game is definitely in the class with all of the little big planet games that Media Molecule created prior to this game. While, in my opinion, Killzone: Mercenary is still the best vita game out there, this is another masterpiece for vita and a must buy for the young, old, and young at heart. This may be the vitas system seller along with Killzone. Expand
  22. Dec 1, 2013
    Words cant describe the the charm and beauty of this game. It your looking for something truly unique you MUST play this game. Sony truly knocked this one out of the park. Media molecule is truly a gifted devoper
  23. Dec 28, 2013
    Absolutely brilliant. One of the best platformers of 2013. Flawless. Every vita owners should buy this game. It is truly unique in it's genre. From it's level design to the atmosphere to the graphics, it really is an experience that you can't afford to miss. Especially if you like platforming and puzzle games.
  24. Nov 27, 2013
    This is truly impressive! i never been really on platform games, usually an rpg or fps fan. But this is a game made for the Vita and that only can work on the Vita. Really creative use of the mini-console capabilities: camera, rear and front touch panels....The action is fun and the graphics are charming and artistic. Probably one of the best game in the year on every platform. A lesson about how to work out PS VITA potential Expand
  25. Nov 24, 2013
    Tearaway is an utterly amazing game. It uses literally every aspect of the Vita to it's full potential and is absolutely beautiful. The attention to detail is astonishing for example, when you walk over a crease in some paper, the paper will get pushed downwards. Little things like this really make this game something special. The customisation is also something awesome. You can make pretty much any shape you like and use it on your very own character, meaning he'll always be unique.

The reason why I didn't give this a 10 is because of a few small problems. The first thing is a couple of graphical errors I have noticed (some objects popping out of view randomly), also I find some controls used to customise your character (resizing and rotating) quite fiddly and tedious. Luckily, these aren't very noticeable or game-breaking problems at all. The main problem I have is that the combat seems to be slightly repetitive and can sometimes get annoying, again, not a big problem at all; just something that I feel could be improved a little.

Overall, Tearaway is a game I strongly recommend. The art style is absolutely beautiful and from what I've seen there is a good amount of replayability as there are some things on earlier parts of the story that you need to get with things you unlock at later parts of the story. I have only played the demo so far and I am completely in love. This game is a work of art. Also, I would like to say a massive "thank you" to Media Molecule for continuing to support the Vita, even though it may not have the biggest player base.
    Astronomically amazing job.
  26. Dec 2, 2013
    This game is really something, its an adventure you never saw before. Made on a full paper engine(i mean it) this game not only looks beautiful but plays realy fantastic, i enjoyed every second of this game, i was taken away with his story i was shocked from the graphic and i was crying when i came to the story ending. This game should be under every christmas tree for players that love an adventure and cute story telling, Only bad think about this game is a short gameplay, the games is long about 6 hours but it give us the best 6 hours of our life. This is 2013 I MUST HAVE TITLE. I love mario, zelda, jax, ratchet, but this game was really something thats is made only once in a decade. Expand
  27. Dec 1, 2013
    Tearaway is everything a video games should be. It's unique, innovative, charming, and overall brilliant mediamolecule makes the most creative games too bad
    People don't give them enough credit
  28. Nov 23, 2013
    I started playing this game in the train and I missed my stop. I really got immersed into the story and the adorable main character. This game is very refreshing and uses every element of the Vita is a very clever way. I expected nothing less from the creators of Little Big Planet. This is a kid game made for adults. The only major problem is its length: Tearaway is way to short! By the time you fall in love with the game, it is already over. Overall, you HAVE to buy this game. Otherwise go sell your Vita right away. Expand
  29. Nov 26, 2013
    was never a huge fan of littlebigplanet but this game is ace, highly recommended to any vita owners. it might actually be my favorite game of the year
  30. Dec 7, 2013
    This game is absolutely phenomenal. A simple yet really good (for a platformer) story, with amazing uses of the features on the Vita, more importantly without feeling gimmicky but instead charming, awesome level design. Oh, and the ending (I won't spoil it) is one of the most amazing I have ever experienced. From the creators of the infinitely fun LittleBiGPlanet, bring you one of the greatest games on the Vita, the astounding, short but long enough that it can tell it's story incredibly well, non-gimmicky vibrant papery world that is, Tearaway Expand
  31. Dec 31, 2013
    A game where AAA production values meets creativity and brave approach of indie devs. A game, where perfect gamedesign meets art and none of it is important, because of You. It is a game about You, made for You and made by You. Awesome stuff.
  32. Jan 5, 2014
    Phenomenal game that truly deserves a perfect 10. Iota is adorable and so fun to play, the visuals and music are top class and the story is very unique and amusing. A must for every Vita owner.
  33. Jan 3, 2014
    Tearaway is jewel of a game. Coming from the makers of Little Big Planet it’s has the inevitable adorability and charm that made that former so enjoyable. It pits you as Iota or Atoi (depending on gender preference), a small paper person with an envelope for a head, travelling through a paper world with the aim of delivering themselves, the message, to you.

The Vita’s features are fully
    integrated within the game. Touchscreens, cameras and the six axis are all utilised in a way that mostly feels natural, an issue with past Vita titles. The only part I found awkward was destroying the evil scraps through the rear touch pad. But this doesn’t really matter in world that crafted as beautifully as this. It’s not the prettiest game on the PlayStation Vita but its distinct art style and charming soundtrack speak for themselves.

The paper craft world is wonderful to explore. Cute little touches are aplenty, such as opening the collectible presents with the touchscreen and seeing your face as the sun (using the front camera). The collectibles aren’t a grind either, they’re fun to collect and collecting the paper craft ‘planes’ with the in game camera unlocks Origami models on tearway.me. I’ve even made my own Iota, just because I can.

The issue with Tearaway is that it’s over too quickly. I was able to complete the game in less than five hours and all the collectibles only added an extra hour or so onto the play time. When you have awesome games like Guacamelee on the store for £7.99 it seems hard to justify the price of a full title.

Tearaway is beautiful game, the story is cute and charming and adults and children can both enjoy it. It’s short and overpriced for the length of the game, but it is the first game that has used the Vita’s features in a fun way.
  34. Dec 24, 2013
    Unbelievably creative game. This reminded me of why I love gaming for that feeling of awe and joy when being surprised by something new and wonderful. I really can't think of a gamer that wouldn't love this game, and I think it's a great reason to get a Vita if you don't already have one you won't find this experience anywhere else.
  35. Mar 9, 2014
    I'm only a relatively new Vita owner, and I got Tearway with the package I bought...and I'm so glad I did. Tearaway is utterly awesome. At first it took a while for me to get used to using a Vita, but once you are into it, Tearaway uses it to perfection - and from what I've been told, better than any other Vita game out there. The gameplay is very smooth, with only very short load times, and the graphics and music are fantastic. It's simple enough that everyone should be able to finish it in 10hrs or so, but also challenging enough if you like to chase trophies and want to go for Platinum. But what really makes Tearaway great is the storyline and integration with the player themselves. Despite not saying a single word, you can't help but fall in love with Iota by the end of the game and without giving anything away, the ending is spot on. In summary, if you own a PS Vita, there is no question about it, YOU MUST PLAY TEARAWAY! Expand
  36. Dec 12, 2013
    Media molecule once again creates a world that is charming and magical, achieved with such simple style. Going along this paper craft adventure made me feel like a child once again. Vita elements were effectively used throughout the game and gave a very interactive experience. The story itself although seemingly simplistic, was rather a heartwarming experience by including the player into the game. Hopefully it will also spark the creative side in you. Expand
  37. Nov 25, 2013
    Tearaway is an excellent showcase of the Playstation Vita's capabilities and an excellent game in its own right, with vibrant visuals, innovative controls, a deep and meaningful story, and substantial replay value. Unfortunately, in its quest to be inclusive to all audiences, it adds a small handful of features that ultimately serve little purpose in the game...but are not significant enough to mar the overall experience.

The graphical quality seems to have been one of the most criticized aspects of the game leading into its launch, but I can easily say that such accusations are unwarranted. Even though the graphical design seems to be one that was done to compensate for perceived hardware shortcomings, in reality there are plenty of fine details that show the graphics were merely a stylistic choice. Small folds in the environment bend when you walk over them, shadows and lighting are as vibrant as any other game, and you even have the capacity to populate your entire screen with custom, complex particle effects during one section.

Controls were something I was initially worried by, mostly because previous games that exploited the Vita gimmicks either used them for no proper reason or completely failed to make the features useful. Tearaway does not fall into either of these traps; every time you're asked to use the Front or Rear touch pads, the cameras or even the microphone, it feels completely organic. Naturally, trying to position your hands to use multiple controls at once takes a little bit of practice, but not so much as to make you throw your Vita in frustration. The early levels start you off with using one gimmick over another, and then the game gradually asks you to use multiple inputs at the same time, providing a steady yet challenging skill curve.

As for the story...I really don't want to talk about it for fear of spoiling it, but suffice it to say that it's a story that is strong enough to warrant mentioning. And I'm someone who generally disregards story elements as subjective fancies of little value.

So, where's my real problem? Combat. The fighting mechanics start of as brutally basic (dodge, then grab and throw) and end as completely brainless (L, R, L, R, L, R...) and they permeate 2/3rds of the game. Also, apart from one particular achievement, there is very little challenge to combat at all when everything is so easily avoided and even when you "die" you respawn seconds later without any perceivable consequence. I'm thankful that the last third of the game, which is also when the story picks up steam, contains no combat segments whatsoever because I feel that all the combat in this game is just there because someone believed that Core RPGs cannot be RPGs without a fighting segment.

Nevertheless, apart from one very specific point in the game, combat never really drags out and you're quickly back into the thick of exploring Tearaway's papercraft world. If you were looking for an excuse to buy a Vita, look no further; Tearaway is the game you have been looking for, regardless as to your genre of preference. It's just a shame that I cannot consider it as truly perfect.

True Score: 8.9/10 (rounded down for Metacritic)
  38. Feb 23, 2014
    The game is quite short (Seriously, even picking up 100% you will take a maximum of 7-8 hours) and everything else is pretty easy, not to mention platform elements. However, the game uses the maximum Vita and has a very sweet and beautiful style. But believe me, it's not a platformer and even bit-em-up.
  39. Dec 30, 2013
    This game is simply amazing! The creativity is amazing and I love how it uses all the ps vita features. This game is with out a doubt the best handheld game of the year and so far the best game on the vita. This game adventurous creative and beautifully colorful fun. I haven't stop playing this game since I got it. This game keeps on surprising you as you go and is overall a perfect game in my opinion. Fun and can be replayed over and over and never get dull. If you have a ps vita and don't have this game you might as well not have a vita. Get it! Expand
  40. Jan 1, 2014
    This game despite being "for all ages" and by that I mean usually built for kids. It's so addicting I can't put it down. I absolutely love the "paper craft" that you can print, gives extra activities I can do with my son.
  41. May 1, 2014
    This is what I call being really innovative. Everything from its artstyle, gameplay and the narrative is something I've never experienced before in my 16 years of gaming. This game is charming, it controls perfectly and in a way never done before by controlling the world utilising every feature the Vita has to offer, has stunning environments and music fitting to all places you'll get to. The tearaway.me feature makes collecting the character models by making photos of them worthwhile and transports the world of Tearaway directly into your house by letting you download models of most of the handmade things in the game. The only downsides to this game are the lack of challenge and the short length of the game, which pale in comparison to the pros. This game is a must-have for every Vita owner!!! Expand
  42. Jan 4, 2014
    In all honesty... in a year full of amazing games (Bioshock Infinite, Last of Us just to name a few) this gets my game of the year. No other game have I connected so closely with its title character I became emotionally invested in Iota like no other game I've ever played. The way Tearaway allows you to make its universe your own is unparalleled (LittleBigPlanet the obvious exception). The entire game is so beautiful, so charming, so inherently JOYFUL. There's no other experience like it, and you owe it to yourself to play this at some point in your life.

With Tearaway, MediaMolecule cements its status as the most creative, imaginative studio out there. This game uses every possible input on the Vita to its full extent, introducing new gameplay elements right up to the penultimate chapter.

The only downside I would say is that the game's quite short... and I say that because at the end, I definitely was not ready to let it go. The final chapters are an absolute masterpiece from beginning to end no spoilers, but I definitely teared up at multiple points. They're beautifully realised and perfectly paced for maximum emotional effect.

Thank you to MediaMolecule for creating an experience that will stick with me forever. This wasn't just a game... it was MY game.
  43. Feb 8, 2014
    Tearaway is one of the best games in 2013.It's original,too original.Music is great.And of course is so funny when you play.Every single player in this world should play once this game,even if you don't own a vita.And this game is a good reason to buy a Vita too.I'm so happy with this game.
  44. Feb 1, 2014
    Charming is not a word that can often be used to describe a video game but it is certainly more than apt in this case. From the unique visuals (everything is made from paper) to the way it combines traditional gameplay with brilliant use of virtually every feature of the PS Vita it’s simply a joy to play from start to finish, a finish that must surely rank amongst the best in video game history.

There is the odd flaw, such as a few platforming sections for which the controls aren't quite precise enough, but if you own Sony’s handheld this is a must buy.
  45. Jan 31, 2014
    So far (and I don't see this changing) Tearaway is the VITA's strongest title. The storytelling is superb, the gameplay is immersive, the graphics, while not realistic, are superb and the air of "Dark-fantasy", much like Rayman 3, is very apparent in Tearaway. The game is all about a small messenger, who's only purpose in life is to deliver a message to you. In order to do this you will have to guide him through thick and thin, in order to make it through. All the way through this experience- and it is an experience- it feels like you and the messenger (in my case, Iota) are a team. Your not just controlling this papercraft creature, your his only friend, and he depends on you. This game makes excellent use of both touchscreens on your VITA system, and to add to the immersion even further, you unlock real-world items throughout the experience, via downloadable papercrafts, allowing you to continue Iota's story in the real-world. The gameplay is fun, addictive, simple and original. The soundtrack is incredible, and everything about Tearaway is brilliant. Tearaway is not perfect, but it's sure as hell up there! Expand
  46. Feb 12, 2014
    from the makers of little big plant gives us an adventure platform game with a cut out art style resembling the times of arts an crafts in grade school. the world feels alive as you use the camera, the touch pad and your imagination to save the world from scraps. the only real complaint I have with the game is that it is short witch most critics are going to say but in a way that is its greatest strength like portal. it had a good amount of game time for the adventure they wanted to tell. along with that it is pretty easy with no real difficulty. all an all if you have a ps vita I would get this game. Expand
  47. Dec 6, 2013
    Highly addictive, creative and I'm sure your girlfriend will love it!
    This game made me fall in love with the PsVita once again! Worth every penny. You can't expect nothing short of wonderful from Mm!
  48. Dec 5, 2013
    This game is incredibly fun and addicting on the PS Vita! The control scheme takes advantage of the Vita's extra functions like the touch pad and camera. Graphics are really good and artistic. You won't regret this purchase! 10/10 for me
  49. Dec 23, 2013
    Ok, the game is really pretty and original and you can check there is a lot of work behind it. Sometimes it's a little bit boring and childish. Sometimes you get stuck if you don't have enough "money" and you need to go back..
  50. Aug 21, 2014
    Tearaway is a experience. The art style is unique. The music is wonderful. The story is different what we use to. Gameplay takes advantage of the vita perfectly. I say get it.
  51. Jul 20, 2014
    Ridiculous game. I'm like 25% into it, and the concept is so awesome. Very original content. Can't seem to put down the game unless my vita's battery goes kaput.

I have a pretty good collection of games, and if you're new to the vita, I would suggest you grab a copy, no matter if this is a game that'll be a year old in a couple of months. And if you have a copy, I would suggest
    keeping the game, as this is a wonderful title for keeps. Expand
  52. Apr 8, 2014
    A truly amazing game in every way. The music, the gameplay and the control scheme that takes full advantage of the vita without being gimmicky. The way everything you do effects the world and at the end every bit of influence you had shows in the levels it truly amazing and the story is also brilliant with a very touching and motivating message. Do yourself a favour and get this game.
  53. Apr 14, 2014
    Love this game! The art style is so unique and so very cute. It's great how you can customize your characters etc. The use of all the Vita controls is handled very well and feels very natural. A little short - let's hope for a sequel???
  54. May 19, 2014
    Tearaway is a great game that’s brimming with creativity, style and flair. It just lacks substance and, at times, polish. It’s a great experience that’s a bit too easy and is over far too soon and while sometimes leaving your audience wanting more is a great thing to do, this feels like it left the stage before it was done. You definitely should buy it if you own a Playstation Vita, but wait until you can get it on sale, if you can. http://intelligentgamer.org/2014/03/28/review-tearaway/ Expand
  55. May 19, 2014
    fantastic game mm have done it again the one problem i have is that the last two levels felt like sony approached mm and said use all the vita controls so there is a lot of motion control front and back touchscreen unnecessarily thrown in other than that its a must have for vita owners
  56. May 28, 2014
    I don't exactly understand the praise this game has received. The visuals are great, the controls work for the most part (had some trouble with the rear touchpad), but the combat is incredibly repetitive and to me, the story was lackluster.
  57. Jun 20, 2014
    This game is incredible! It's also one of the most innovative games that i've played, especially on the Vita, it really makes use of everything that the Vita has to offer, without it feeling to "gimmicky" The story is also alright, maybe abit to juvenile, but you really get a connection with the character. I would recommend this to anyone who owns a Vita.
  58. Jun 14, 2014
    This game is one of the games you should buy a connsole just to play the game. When I first started playing it it felt like a wierd game, but after playing it about 30 min I realised this game was a real treasure. The story is fun, entertaining and to a degree filled with action. And the idea of a game looking like paper is also amazing. Not only does it look amazing when everythin is paper, but you can also print out pictures and make 3d models of characters, animals and other stuff! Then I come to the music. The music is a masterpiece in itself. All from the funny start, the exiting middle and the sad end, the music makes the feeling stronger and everythin blends together perfectly. Only bad thing about the game is that it sounded a little bit wierd transelated to my own language, but I cant pull it dow for that. So I whould recommend this game for everybody that want a game that is entertaining and fun. Expand

1. Mar 21, 2014
    Tearaway may not be the best first-party game currently available on the Vita, but it certainly is beautiful, ambitious and worth a look, if you’re willing to weather the foibles mentioned above.
  2. At its best, Tearaway is a wonderful celebration of Vita's creative potential. [January 2014, p74]
  3. Jan 28, 2014
    I enjoyed every minute of it, and it's rare to find something that radiates as much pure joy as this does. I can't say enough good things about it.