8.4

1. Mar 17, 2014
    I am a huge fan. I own hundreds of physical games for PS3, Xbox 360, PS Vita and 3DS. I have dozens of games via digital for all those platforms but Terraria is keeping my attention something fierce. I didn't buy into the Minecraft phenomenon but was captured by Terraria's charming 2D 8Bit graphics, crafting, building and exploring. If you haven't had a chance to play this do yourself a favor and download the demo. Expand
  2. Dec 18, 2013
    This is a game that I have played non-stop since its release. I completed V1 of Terraria when it was initially released on PC and have Terraria on iPad as well. This is the version that I have enjoyed playing the most. If you are a fan of Terraria and want the best mobile version of the game then pick up the Vita version.

The controls work extremely well. The rear touchpad is a nuisance
    and needs to have an option to be able to turn it off. I have only experienced one crash so far with the game but this may be because I never save the game and always just put the Vita to sleep. I love the fact that I can do this with Terraria. It has allowed me to have brief five minute game sessions and be able to pick up where I left off with any dropped loot still in place.

If you haven't played Terraria before then check out the free demo. Take that one hour of gameplay which will only let you do very few things and then imagine that you have many more hours still to go. I believe in the last week I have managed to clock up a good 20 hours gameplay already.

Love the game.
  3. Jan 20, 2014
    Very enjoyable and fun to play. The Vita version works well, which helps drain your spare time on this game. If you have lots of spare time, get this game.
  4. Apr 11, 2014
    When I was told "it's like a 2D Minecraft" I thought that it sounded like the lamest idea ever but trust me it is anything but. What Terraria lacks in a third dimension it makes up for in depth. There is just so much to see and do in this game. It is like Minecraft in as much as you built yourself a shelter (eventually a castle) and dig ever deeper looking for better ores and treasure. But the sheer amount of unique items you can find and make for yourself is pretty amazing. Also the unique NPC's and bosses are fun. Having up to 8 friends jump into your game is pretty fun too. I also like that on normal mode dying in some cave doesn't mean you lose everything. (just half your cash on hand) so I was less chicken to take risks. I am excited to hit the Vita soon, but after Terraria it might seem too simple. This is one of the flat out best Vita games out there. Buy it. Expand
  5. Dec 22, 2013
    I've played the pc one for around 200 hours and I can happily say this one is great! The controls are pretty much just like the ps3's, but they added some touchscreen controls which are really great in menus. The fps is actually really good, you'd think it would lag in boss fights but nope! This review was just for the ps vita version, if you wanna know what the game is like go read the pc reviews. 8.5/10 which rounds to 9! It's a must have downloadable game on the vita. It's also gonna be getting a lot of updates! Get it now! Expand
  6. Mar 2, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great game! You can walk over the big world, craft many items, and kill other players in PvP using powerful Minishark, Blue Moon, and other cool things. I beat many bosses each day, until I'll kill the Wall of Flesh!
    It isn't Minecraft 2D, it's more.
  7. Dec 18, 2013
    Really good game with awesome controls. Looks great on my ps vita with perfect colors and the best is that it runs at 960x544 (ps Vita native resoultion) and it runs smooth. (I think it runs at 60fps)

One of the best games you can buy for you Ps Vita.
  8. Dec 19, 2013
    terraria is such a fun game i think every single gamer should own. must have game. the one thing take makes the game better is that even though you can do what you want the game with throw random boss battles at you making it easy to move on in game
  9. Jun 6, 2014
    I see some people mention that ONCE YOU CLEAR THE GAME, it gets boring.I spent 50 hours so far, and I didn't kill any bosses except for Evil eye. Game has a lot to offer, a long gameplay, and for me, if the game keeps you occupied more than 20 hours, it's a success! Especially on the hand held.

1. A perfect port of what is effectively an emergent fun generator. [March 2014, p81]
  2. Looking for a content-crammed explore-'em-up for your Vita? Well, dig no further. [March 2014, p.92]
  3. Jan 22, 2014
    Terraria works even better on PsVita, thanks to an excellent control scheme and the usual catchy gameplay.