6.9

1. Nov 5, 2014
    'Octopus' is a simple game that challenges the player to collect a set number of baby octopuses on each stage within a certain time limit. Your character keeps moving at all times and you have just two possible inputs, jumping and reversing direction, to control where they are going.

For me the standard mode became repetitive quite quickly as the gameplay only allows for so much variation but the challenge mode that offers gold, silver and bronze stars depending on your completion time (as well as having global and friend leaderboards for the quickest times) certainly offers a little more. There's still very little depth to the game of course but it is well made and I still keep it on my Vita memory card to occasionally put on if I have 20 minutes or so to kill.

1. Oct 28, 2013
    There’s an old school vibe that permeates through The HD Adventures of Rotating Octopus Character. Its simplicity, difficulty and colorful, Japan-inspired visuals are a call back to a bygone era of games.
  2. Sep 5, 2013
    And, most importantly, there's this: The HD Adventures of Rotating Octopus Character may not be the cheapest or most original game, but it's still fun and well-made.
  3. Jul 29, 2013