7.7

1. Feb 12, 2014
    Arcade gaming at it's very best, the game simply explodes off the stunning Vita screen. Turn up the music to 200%, put on headphones and get lost in the experience. It's really hard to put into words how good this game is. At last my Vita is being used. In fact I'd buy a Vita just to play this.
  2. Feb 13, 2014
    Another brilliant Vita Indie game! Following on from OlliOlli released a few weeks ago. The game is great and the music goes perfectly.

Well worth a buy if you into arcade classics and want to kill some time and believe me it fly’s when you play this game!
  3. Feb 12, 2014
    This is the game the PS Vita has been created for - smart vector graphics, thumping soundtrack. Llamasoft have taken the tunnel shooter genre to a new high, if you thought Tempest 2k or Tempest X was as good as it can get, think again. You have got to buy this game if you have ever had a love of real arcade games.
  4. Feb 13, 2014
    Amazing system selling game especially on the OLED screen. A great synergy of music, fx , graphics and gameplay. Cant fault it on any level and tough as old boots later but never unfair. More please LLamasoft
  5. Feb 15, 2014
    TxK is an arcade classic injected with more adrenaline, an intense soundtrack and modern features that make this game feel not only new, but somehow better then its predecessor. The amount of content you get is great, because you will probably get hooked on this game. Its shorter levels make it an exceptional Vita title; with the touchscreen and motion features feeling smooth andTxK is an arcade classic injected with more adrenaline, an intense soundtrack and modern features that make this game feel not only new, but somehow better then its predecessor. The amount of content you get is great, because you will probably get hooked on this game. Its shorter levels make it an exceptional Vita title; with the touchscreen and motion features feeling smooth and convenient control options. Though TxK can get to be nail-bitingly hard it allows you to start from any level; even keeping track of your previous best scores on every level and letting you continue with that score. Though to keep it exciting for Pros there's life and point reductions for starting on farther levels. TxK is an arcade lovers dream game. Addictive gameplay and a kickin' soundtrack make this a necessary download for all Vita owners Expand
  6. Feb 13, 2014
    Reluctant to harp on too long, but this is a simply phenomenal offering. Aside from the stunning graphics and very effective soundtrack, the gameplay is so smooth. At the end of the day, you're not watching a graphics demo, you're playing a game TxK just so happens to be an amazing game that happens to have superb graphics as well. When you account for the price, just buy it, simple as...
  7. Feb 13, 2014
    Brilliant game! The soundtrack and visuals combine to create a kind of hypnotic experience. It's also extremely cheap (really surprised it's not 10 quid).
  8. Feb 15, 2014
    Poetry in video game form. Great visuals, great sound track, sublime game play. Minter at his best. This does not disappoint. And the price is amazing making it fantastic value.
  9. Feb 25, 2014
    Twitch shooting at its very best by one of the acknowledged masters of the genre. Wonderfully balanced gameplay. Beautiful vector style graphics which make the OLED screen sing. Perfect retro sound effects. Excellent ravey soundtrack. I bought a Vita for this game and I have not been disappointed. The Vita finally has its first essential game. Feed your head to the web indeed!
  10. Mar 3, 2014
    If you like old-school, arcadey shooters then you might like this, but apart from the impressive visuals and above-average soundtrack, I feel there's something missing that I can't put my finger on.

It might be too complex for its own good. There's the fact that the laser swaps "feet" depending on which direction you're heading, an obtuse leaning mechanism, jumping, and the fact that spray-and-pray more rewarded over accuracy.

The designs of the enemies are so simple due to their vector nature that they don't seem to have any real character or menace. An 11x8 pixel space invader sprite is infinitely more threatening than a vector bow-tie.

This isn't a bad game. At all. It's a solid, well crafted shooter. But it's missing something, and whatever it is, I just don't get that "just one more go" feeling that I do with other games of this ilk.
  11. Apr 14, 2014
    Wow! This game just makes me want to cry with joy! This is the most ridiculously charming little game. The vector graphics are beautiful, the soundtrack absolutely pumping and the gameplay incredibly fun and addictive. Every time I play it I find myself smiling and bobbing my head to the music. If you have a vita, get it now, it's an absolute bargain! When I realised this game was made byWow! This game just makes me want to cry with joy! This is the most ridiculously charming little game. The vector graphics are beautiful, the soundtrack absolutely pumping and the gameplay incredibly fun and addictive. Every time I play it I find myself smiling and bobbing my head to the music. If you have a vita, get it now, it's an absolute bargain! When I realised this game was made by Llamasoft I was reminded of one of my favourite ever retro games 'Llamatron' which I used to play on my religiously on my uncle's Atari ST, this game is just as fun and crazy, can't recommend it more highly considering how cheap it is... Expand

1. May 11, 2014
    TxK is LSD in binary form. TxK is an excellent tunnel shooter and evolution of the Tempest-theme. [Feb 2014]
  2. Apr 9, 2014
    TxK is Minter's best game, an experience that understands its form, and takes great pleasure in letting you know that. [Issue#146, p.116]
  3. Apr 7, 2014