8.6

1. May 31, 2012
    One of the first games that was able to scare me. Many have called it a resident evil rip off but it actually sticks pretty close to the gameplay mechanics and style of the original alone in the dark games, which predate RE by a few years... so who borrowed from who again? Anyway, Shadow Island is a creepy place to explore and you get to do it in two different scenarios, which are actually much different from each other and both just as fresh and exciting. It's the best in the series, but also the last good entry to date. Expand
  2. Nov 11, 2013
    I don't usually get scared, by anything, but this... I am frequently having to take 5-10 minute breaks to get my breathe back. The soundtrack is also phenomenal, and the grainy graphics and sounds makes everything even scarier. Amazing game, and gripping storyline. Only faults are a couple of small holes in the story and the controls.

1. With eye-popping graphics and outrageous sound effects, Alone in the Dark excels at being creepy.
  3. Truly a fantastic game and shines like a diamond stone. With the limitations of the PlayStation, the developers have still managed to cram every last bit of detail into this one. Go out a buy it. Now!