Crash Bash PlayStation
  • Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Nov 6, 2000
8.1

1. Apr 22, 2011
    The Crash Bandicoot series has become very popular since it started back in 1996. In Japan he has huge merchandise, where you can get toys, cookie jars, piggy banks and mini karts. In his fifth (not chronologically though as this is a spin off like the last game CTR) game running, he's back making his first debut on a party game. Naughty Dog has sold the rights to Universal, and is nowThe Crash Bandicoot series has become very popular since it started back in 1996. In Japan he has huge merchandise, where you can get toys, cookie jars, piggy banks and mini karts. In his fifth (not chronologically though as this is a spin off like the last game CTR) game running, he's back making his first debut on a party game. Naughty Dog has sold the rights to Universal, and is now acquired by Sony. So that means we welcome our brand new developer to the Crash franchise, Eurocom. Crash Bash is a party game similar to Mario Party and, although it offers some exiting challenges, doesn't live up to its predecessors. There are three different events to choose from, Adventure, Battle and Tournament. Adventure is the main story of the game where you can choose 1 of 8 different characters, 4 from each side of good and evil. If you've played Crash 2 and Warped then you'll pretty much get the basic start of the game. You start off in a warp room and inside this warp room are a set of different battle arenas, each one has its own challenge e.g. bashing each other with attacks and crates, jumping on a pogo stick and collecting points or racing around a small circular track. The object of the game really is to win the arena to earn a trophy, after that you can either move onto the next arena or return to the previous one you did and try the gem or crystal challenge. As you progress further, a gold and sapphire relic challenge is unlocked. Once you have collected all the trophies in the arenas of the warp room, the boss portal is unlocked, defeat the boss and you can progress onto the next warp room, which consists of another set of arenas (some with new challenges). Overall there are six warp room, 28 levels and five boss battles. The main problem I have with this game is you find yourself doing the same challenge again and again, and it gets tiring after a while. Some of the arenas are good but some (the racing in particular) are boring. I have also encountered some bug errors in the game. For example (this might be hard to explain in text, but if you have discovered this as well, you'll understand what I mean) in Space Bash, if you trap one of your opponents by destroying a square of platforms, then he will just circulate himself and make no attempt to jump over the hole. Either this was done by mistake from the programmers, or the game testers didn't pick this up. Graphically the game hasn't changed that much, the textures and pixels of the characters, levels and backgrounds are still the same and there isn't as much variation as there was in the previous Crash titles. The music is catchy though, some are the same from Warped and have been remixed slightly and some are new. The characters voice taunts don't add anything special and some are just weird. Crash Bash isn't a terrible game, but it's not a great one either, just acceptable. CTR was a good spin-off title, but now I think they should go back to its original platform route. Expand
  2. PurrTiger
    Dec 28, 2001
    It all depends on how many friends you have around. There may be about 36 different games but they are pretty much the same package with one or two slight differences, which in my opinion could have been an option for the game [an option menu before each game so you can personally set the game up to your liking] instead of making practically the same game over and over and talking about It all depends on how many friends you have around. There may be about 36 different games but they are pretty much the same package with one or two slight differences, which in my opinion could have been an option for the game [an option menu before each game so you can personally set the game up to your liking] instead of making practically the same game over and over and talking about the 36 games they have. I, however am not going to just talk down to the game it does have some strong points... The adventure mode is fun and the ability to have 2 players on it makes it even better. Also as you beat each one more challenges open up and after you beat a certain amount you can face the boss of that room. However some of the beginners in the game will have to take a long time to understand the game so I am glad they added the menu showing you how to play each game before it starts. But in adventure mode if you lose the game and go back into it they don't show the rules again and if you are playing a 2 player adventure mode and you are playing with another friend who never played it before you have to go to the pause menu in order to show him/her how to play the game. And also about half the mini-games in the game have to be unlocked by adventure mode and imagine the frustration you get having to play the same level 3 times before you finally get to move on. I mean, 2 would be fine but you have to win 3 times before the computer opponents do. And also if you are playing with a friend who never played the game before and you are playing adventure mode, the computer players really go after them. Aside from that, I think the game would be more enjoyable if you could take the computer players out and just have it be you vs. your friend. In my opinion, if Naughty Dog made this game like it did the other crash games I think it would have been different. Some other things it could have changed was: As I said before, it could have had an option menu so you can personally change almost everything about the game[difficulty, # or computer players if any, rules of the game, controller settings,] and added the # of games to win. More games with a wider variety. If Crash Bash had the same number of games but made each one totally different, if would have fared better. Overall this is a great party game if you want to have some friends come over and play all night, I think it would be a good idea to rent the game and think twice about buying it and wait for the next Crash Bash game with my ideas included [I am hoping]. Expand
    Dec 25, 2002
    It's okay but it's not okay.
  4. Apr 30, 2011
    After Naughty Dog left the furry mascot behind to pursue the Jak series, the Crash Bandicoot series began flailing. However, Crash Bash isn't half-bad, it's actually half-good and retains (some) of the charm the preceding games were shrouded in. Pros: Ridiculously addictive multi-player mode; some undeniably fun(ny) mini-games; retains the impressive visuals the preceding games had. Cons:After Naughty Dog left the furry mascot behind to pursue the Jak series, the Crash Bandicoot series began flailing. However, Crash Bash isn't half-bad, it's actually half-good and retains (some) of the charm the preceding games were shrouded in. Pros: Ridiculously addictive multi-player mode; some undeniably fun(ny) mini-games; retains the impressive visuals the preceding games had. Cons: The single-player mode is dull; some of the mini-games are just frustrating in general; not a lot of depth in character development or innovation. Expand
  5. May 6, 2011
    Nowhere near as good as main games of Crash Bandicoot but surprisingly fun.
  6. Jun 12, 2014
    This game doesn't have the exact same atmosphere as the previous Crash games made by Naughty Dog, but it still has every Crash-related thing mashed together in the best possible ways which make some extremely clever mini-games. And each mini-game has unique challenges among them so you can earn different collectables (also seen in previous Crash games).

The only negative things I think

The only negative things I think worth mentioning is first off, the AI, which can make some mini-games excruciatingly hard - and even more so when attempting some challenges unique to those mini-games. The second issue is that some mini-games are simply unfun and unintuitive, but some of them need to be completed anyway to continue the game. It's an awesome play for true Crash fans and its multiplayer is first-rate, but other than that, it doesn't pop out like it's predecessors.
  7. Sep 14, 2014
    Mantendo o legado de bons jogos de Crash no PS one, um divertido game para um modo multiplayer. Bem variado, colorido e intuitivo. No single player se mostra bem desafiador para aqueles que querem completar 100%.
  8. May 14, 2015

1. The problem here is that there are better, more original and inventive party games out there; Crash Bash fails to do anything to put itself ahead of Nintendo's "Mario Party" series, or even match it.
  2. I, for one, will be giving multiple copies of Crash Bash and multi-taps to family and friends this holiday, and that alone should speak miles on just how addictive and fun this game can be in a multiplayer environment.
    It's not original and it's not deep, but it's packed with tons of silly games and it's a social magnet amongst the geek elite.