Digimon World 3 PlayStation

• Release Date: Jun 5, 2002
8.6

1. ScottL.
    Mar 14, 2003
    This game is action packed and is one of the best in the world.
  2. Nov 26, 2014
    Don't listen to the negative reviews. Digimon World is a beatiful and big game, with a smart battle and digivolving system, and also a card game as secondary battle system. In my opinion, it's better than most Pokemon games, and I'm a big fan of both franchises. Give it a try and don't be a hater.
  3. Sep 19, 2014
    Let me start of by saying i think the critics who reviewed the game and all idiots or just bias for some reason or another. most of there reviews are just wrong. i can quote for this own website critics saying things like "Hardcore gamers (young or old) would be wise to ignore the kiddy image and give the game a shot. " and "Profoundly mediocre, the kind of game that only hardcoreLet me start of by saying i think the critics who reviewed the game and all idiots or just bias for some reason or another. most of there reviews are just wrong. i can quote for this own website critics saying things like "Hardcore gamers (young or old) would be wise to ignore the kiddy image and give the game a shot. " and "Profoundly mediocre, the kind of game that only hardcore Digi-fans will like.", and i personally Love this game i remember little about the show. it was ok at best and i got tired of it by season 3. There is also the fact i hate turn base games all together except this one. A giant Map with almost endless playable character options, is why i love the game, but i can quote another siting that state the opposite again, "For a game whose main gameplay component is building up your characters, Digimon World 3 makes the process needlessly complicated and annoying. ". Another thing that makes this game great for us, is the same thing the "critics" hate? looks like long time overdue on new and better critics who might take more than two seconds at a game i have put over 180 hours into. Also in the last passage i sited, him saying about the good music, i find the music annoying and keep it muted, as there was no talking back then (witch i have no problem with) there is no need for the "catchy" style music. The story of this game is great, and purposely different from the show so the two never needs it integrand, unlike something else sited in this page. Last but not lest, "The third time is definitely not the charm", the other two was ok at best and really tiring, this really was the charm, to bad dumb critics like this blew that for you. i would love to see a new 2015 Digimon Online make for real where we can play as digimon, i know this will likely never happen but that is my vote and option. thank you all, hope you enjoyed. Expand
  4. ReneR.
    Aug 13, 2002
    For me its one of the greatest psone games of the world. I hope part 2 will come in the future.
  5. digimonnutter2881752
    Oct 11, 2002
    Digimon RULES!!! Only SUCKERS Hate It
  6. Al33qrenamon
    Nov 27, 2002
    It's cool fun it feels like all of mega digimon iz thugz! And kick some digimon's ass.
  7. BobH.
    Nov 5, 2002
    This was 1 of the best games ever made for the ps1. People who say that digimon 3 is rubbish cannot find decent games to play even if it was right in front of them.
  8. SkyJ.
    Nov 9, 2002
    Cool.... i luv this game cos it really hard n i can spend all my holiday on it.
  9. R.Lowe
    Oct 27, 2002
    Brilliant the best one yet.
  10. OskarJ.
    Oct 7, 2002
    Very fun.
  11. MatthewC.
    Jun 23, 2002
    Well its just about the adventure that exites me so much.
  12. KeithJ.
    Jun 9, 2002
    I was surprised. I didn't expect it to be this good and be digimon. (No offense.)
  13. NolanR.
    Aug 12, 2002
    I still haven't beat it yet, but it's fun. I have two badges. It's one of my favorite games!
  14. TimothyB.
    Aug 26, 2002
    This game is a long and good game but the graphics could use a little work.
  15. RichardH.
    Aug 29, 2002
    I really like the game al ot but the graphics could use alot of work,and here are some things that need to be changed.1.the amount of rookies you get.2.you should have added team battles like in part 2.
  16. Arnodigifan
    Oct 11, 2003
    It's the best game ever done about digimon and its story is better than final fantasy 9.
  17. ErvinJ.
    Dec 2, 2003
    Digimon world is cool.But Zambamon cheats he gets to atack 2 times and after you get the smelly herb you dont exspect to fight him again. But the rest was awesome.
  18. OMIMON
    May 16, 2003
    THIS GAME IS COOL. IT ROCKS!
  19. JessicaH.
    Jun 26, 2003
    A cool digital game with very good Graphics.
  20. HarmsM.
    Jun 28, 2003
    I would give it a billion if i could. It's the game of the century.
  21. MylesYuA.
    Jul 27, 2003
    Cool graphics.
  22. HossamS.
    Jul 28, 2003
    I love digimon world 3 and this game. will give u all u need about digimon live.
  23. Christian
    Jul 7, 2003
    Its awesome.
  24. BradyB.
    Jan 30, 2004
    It was great! Digivolving was the best.
  25. MegaRoboEmporer
    Nov 11, 2002
    I.....MEGAROBOEMPORER...rate this game as a 10 because....IT KICKS ASS.
  26. Sep 1, 2015
    This game was a being point for me in the franchise of Digimon, also the game was a good follow up to Digimon World 2. It was also the second open world Digimon game, it beat World 2 in graphics, and the story was more fun. The game also had brought more of the anime and manga into it.
  27. May 10, 2013
    This is one of the best PlayStation games I've ever played, mainly because the graphics in the game are so well done, even for its generation and year. This was June 5th in 2002, and look at the battle graphics! They look absolutely stunning, and that was on 64-bit PlayStation! Maybe if they were on PS2 they would've looked awesome!

The game does very well at what it tries to do; and

The game does very well at what it tries to do; and why the critics on this site turn this down so badly, I don't know. This is freakin' Digimon! That's basically all there is to say about that!

The game's gameplay is very good; the main world has the main character running from a sort of top-down view that separates it from other RPGs, whilst the battling system is in full 3D. There are only 8 Digimon you can obtain, but each one is intertwined to all the other beast's evolutionary forms in some form. For instance, Veemon can change into Grizzmon (Kumamon's "Champion" form), and Agumon can change into Growlmon (Guilmon's "Champion" form), through leveling up stats, and training them at the Gym.

I don't want to spoil any more of the game, so go try and play it for yourself! You'll be glad you did!
  28. BrianC.
    Apr 8, 2004
    Very good but too long.
  29. JoeK.
    Apr 27, 2003
    One of the best Playstaion games I've played. On Gamecube with it's superior looks and it would have been a 10!
  30. SimonB.
    Jul 13, 2002
    This game is really great, the battle sysem and gameplay are awesome. I can't wait till it comes out for PS2.

1. Electronic Gaming Monthly
    The third time is definitely not the charm. [July 2002, p.128]
  2. Official U.S. Playstation Magazine
    Profoundly mediocre, the kind of game that only hardcore Digi-fans will like. [June 2002, p.102]
    Despite some impressive world-map graphics and extremely catchy anime-style music, Digimon World 3 disappoints in countless ways.