Digimon World 3 PlayStation

• Release Date: Jun 5, 2002
8.6

1. SimonB.
    Jul 13, 2002
    This game is really great, the battle sysem and gameplay are awesome. I can't wait till it comes out for PS2.
  2. AndyF.
    Aug 4, 2002
    My neighbor rented this game and I couldn't put it down.
  3. ssj10goku
    Sep 2, 2002
    I think this game was the best out of the 3!!! The story is great, the battles are good. Compare to Digimon WOrld 1 which sucked really and 2 which was good,this one is really really good.I recommended to everyone i know.
  4. AndrewW.
    Apr 13, 2003
    It is the best game anyone will ever play.
  5. Mohd.KhairulAdnanMohd.Nasir
    Apr 5, 2003
    This is the best game i ever play.
  6. LeoC.
    May 8, 2003
    This game features all of my favorite digimon and has the story I crave for in so many other games. I really like how they planed this out. I wish they would release a digimon world 4 game for all systems.
  7. StewartKhawSengS.
    Jun 4, 2004
    It is a cool game.I like to play the card battle.
  8. NathanP.
    Nov 5, 2002
    Best game I have ever played! I can not get far The game would be even better if it had a guide to it.
  9. Rachael
    Oct 19, 2002
    I've been playing this game since i bought it last christmas. it's fun. the graphics could use a little work, but i haven't even beaten the game yet. when i saw the intro to the game i thought wow. my older bro friend thought beelzemon blaster mode looked cool. bye.
  10. CrackerC.
    Dec 11, 2002
    Great playing and cool graphics fun fun all the way through.
  11. RussellD.
    Jul 11, 2002
    Kick ass game that my friends like.
  12. JuadasP.
    Aug 10, 2002
    Great¡¡¡¡¡¡
  13. ReneR.
    Aug 13, 2002
    For me its one of the greatest psone games of the world. I hope part 2 will come in the future.
  14. SaqibK.
    Aug 19, 2002
    This game beats the record for me!!
  15. SteveM.
    Aug 2, 2002
    This Is The Best Game Ever!!!!!
  16. Guilmon
    Mar 1, 2003
    It's a great game that brings rpg alive. it should have been for x box though.
  17. PrinceofallSayians
    Jul 9, 2003
    Well let me see, the game is great but use some touch ups on the graphics.
  18. RyoY.
    Oct 11, 2005
    It's The best Rpg game in my playing time!
  19. OmnimonD.
    Jul 31, 2005
    This is great but please tell me where to find sepicmon.
  20. MarkusH.
    Oct 14, 2006
    This game is the best game I've ever played. It is a very long RPG game. I played it and I enjoyed it very much.
  21. elcoto^^
    May 9, 2007
    i dont believe what those criticist do, or think. i specially dont like the digimon tv series too much, but when i saw my bro playing it, it really made me wanted it to play, just for fun, and til now i have 40 hours of ^^, so to all ppl , dont believe what someone else could think. just play it by yourself
  22. digimonnutter2881752
    Oct 11, 2002
    Digimon RULES!!! Only SUCKERS Hate It
  23. Al33qrenamon
    Nov 27, 2002
    It's cool fun it feels like all of mega digimon iz thugz! And kick some digimon's ass.
  24. BobH.
    Nov 5, 2002
    This was 1 of the best games ever made for the ps1. People who say that digimon 3 is rubbish cannot find decent games to play even if it was right in front of them.
  25. SkyJ.
    Nov 9, 2002
    Cool.... i luv this game cos it really hard n i can spend all my holiday on it.
  26. (D)aRk__InFeRn(o)
    Oct 26, 2002
    Cool Game Easier than world 1 & 2.
  27. R.Lowe
    Oct 27, 2002
    Brilliant the best one yet.
  28. OskarJ.
    Oct 7, 2002
    Very fun.
  29. NolanR.
    Aug 12, 2002
    I still haven't beat it yet, but it's fun. I have two badges. It's one of my favorite games!
  30. RichardH.
    Aug 29, 2002
    I really like the game al ot but the graphics could use alot of work,and here are some things that need to be changed.1.the amount of rookies you get.2.you should have added team battles like in part 2.
  31. TankN.
    Aug 6, 2002
    Although i haven't beaten the game its a challenging, exciting thriller, althopugh the graphics could be better its still a good game to play when your bored.
  32. Arnodigifan
    Oct 11, 2003
    It's the best game ever done about digimon and its story is better than final fantasy 9.
  33. ScottL.
    Mar 14, 2003
    This game is action packed and is one of the best in the world.
  34. OMIMON
    May 16, 2003
    THIS GAME IS COOL. IT ROCKS!
  35. JessicaH.
    Jun 26, 2003
    A cool digital game with very good Graphics.
  36. HarmsM.
    Jun 28, 2003
    I would give it a billion if i could. It's the game of the century.
  37. MylesYuA.
    Jul 27, 2003
    Cool graphics.
  38. HossamS.
    Jul 28, 2003
    I love digimon world 3 and this game. will give u all u need about digimon live.
  39. Christian
    Jul 7, 2003
    Its awesome.
  40. BradyB.
    Jan 30, 2004
    It was great! Digivolving was the best.
  41. BrianC.
    Apr 8, 2004
    Very good but too long.
  42. MegaRoboEmporer
    Nov 11, 2002
    I.....MEGAROBOEMPORER...rate this game as a 10 because....IT KICKS ASS.
  43. JeremyB.
    Nov 23, 2002
    The best digimon world game ever. i have it and i love it. i play it everyday.
  44. spacemedafighterX
    Nov 29, 2002
    I havent beaten the game yet but I think it is a great game (not just because im a digimon fan)just tune up the graphics a bit a you will have a game worth while.
  45. WormMon
    Dec 14, 2002
    This game is really great!I have played it and I have enjoyed it!
  46. WeeOoi
    Oct 23, 2002
    Best.
  47. MikeF.
    Jul 28, 2002
    This game kicks ass.
  48. MikeY.
    Aug 13, 2002
    I like this because it got me into Digimon more.
  49. Someotherguy
    Oct 19, 2003
    I love this game.
  50. CarlosR.
    Jun 25, 2003
    This is a great adventure, and powerfull story, ojala que venga el DMW4.
  51. JoshDC.
    Feb 13, 2004
    It is sooo cool! i love agumon digivolves to greymon and monmon digivolves to hookmon and you can combine greymon and hookmon.its so cool. PLAY IT!
  52. FatGoat
    Jan 12, 2005
    Best game...hands down.
  53. JoeG
    Dec 29, 2009
    One of my favorite games. I've had it since it came out, andIi still enjoy playing it. The graphics are quite nice for the PlayStation, the gameplay is addictive, and there's tons of little things to fixate on. 10/10. Great Game
  54. Jun
    Nov 15, 2002
    This game is very good and the graphics, characters......!!T his game should be under best buy!!!
  55. KingW.
    Dec 16, 2002
    I wonder why the critics gave sucha low score. i think its a great game. the grapics suck but thats about it!
  56. May 10, 2013
    This is one of the best PlayStation games I've ever played, mainly because the graphics in the game are so well done, even for its generation and year. This was June 5th in 2002, and look at the battle graphics! They look absolutely stunning, and that was on 64-bit PlayStation! Maybe if they were on PS2 they would've looked awesome!

The game does very well at what it tries to do; and

The game does very well at what it tries to do; and why the critics on this site turn this down so badly, I don't know. This is freakin' Digimon! That's basically all there is to say about that!

The game's gameplay is very good; the main world has the main character running from a sort of top-down view that separates it from other RPGs, whilst the battling system is in full 3D. There are only 8 Digimon you can obtain, but each one is intertwined to all the other beast's evolutionary forms in some form. For instance, Veemon can change into Grizzmon (Kumamon's "Champion" form), and Agumon can change into Growlmon (Guilmon's "Champion" form), through leveling up stats, and training them at the Gym.

I don't want to spoil any more of the game, so go try and play it for yourself! You'll be glad you did!
  57. Nov 26, 2014
    Don't listen to the negative reviews. Digimon World is a beatiful and big game, with a smart battle and digivolving system, and also a card game as secondary battle system. In my opinion, it's better than most Pokemon games, and I'm a big fan of both franchises. Give it a try and don't be a hater.
  58. Sep 1, 2015
    This game was a being point for me in the franchise of Digimon, also the game was a good follow up to Digimon World 2. It was also the second open world Digimon game, it beat World 2 in graphics, and the story was more fun. The game also had brought more of the anime and manga into it.
  59. Sep 19, 2014
    Let me start of by saying i think the critics who reviewed the game and all idiots or just bias for some reason or another. most of there reviews are just wrong. i can quote for this own website critics saying things like "Hardcore gamers (young or old) would be wise to ignore the kiddy image and give the game a shot. " and "Profoundly mediocre, the kind of game that only hardcoreLet me start of by saying i think the critics who reviewed the game and all idiots or just bias for some reason or another. most of there reviews are just wrong. i can quote for this own website critics saying things like "Hardcore gamers (young or old) would be wise to ignore the kiddy image and give the game a shot. " and "Profoundly mediocre, the kind of game that only hardcore Digi-fans will like.", and i personally Love this game i remember little about the show. it was ok at best and i got tired of it by season 3. There is also the fact i hate turn base games all together except this one. A giant Map with almost endless playable character options, is why i love the game, but i can quote another siting that state the opposite again, "For a game whose main gameplay component is building up your characters, Digimon World 3 makes the process needlessly complicated and annoying. ". Another thing that makes this game great for us, is the same thing the "critics" hate? looks like long time overdue on new and better critics who might take more than two seconds at a game i have put over 180 hours into. Also in the last passage i sited, him saying about the good music, i find the music annoying and keep it muted, as there was no talking back then (witch i have no problem with) there is no need for the "catchy" style music. The story of this game is great, and purposely different from the show so the two never needs it integrand, unlike something else sited in this page. Last but not lest, "The third time is definitely not the charm", the other two was ok at best and really tiring, this really was the charm, to bad dumb critics like this blew that for you. i would love to see a new 2015 Digimon Online make for real where we can play as digimon, i know this will likely never happen but that is my vote and option. thank you all, hope you enjoyed. Expand
  60. Jul 21, 2015
    Sincerely, I can't understand the critics. Sorry, I just can't. And this game right here is a concrete proof for me.
    Since I was a little kid, I didn't knew, neither played, any of the 'monsters' games (except Yu-Gi-Oh!, because I had the cards), which were a fever back then. But I jumped on the fever on this one.
    Was reading the reviews, and found that only the devoted to the franchise
    Was reading the reviews, and found that only the devoted to the franchise would maybe enjoy this game. Well, this was the first of all those games of battling monsters I played and it was an awesome to perfect experience.
    So, let's go to the review. But let's do this in a different way: I'll question why in the heavens this game received such a low score.
    Story is a bad point? Never! I still remember Asuka City, the "online game" that you (the character) gives a shot, all the leaders (Some of then are also corrupt) you have to fight among the way. If you think this story is bad, you can compare it to a very popular (and high rated!) 'monsters' game, and you may know which one I'm talking about. This story ROCKS comparing to this other one.
    Gameplay is a bad point? Neither! The player walks fast, the places you visit are both complex and intimidating (never know if you find a over powered digimon like in seabed), and the battles are anything but boring. You calculate how much health your digimon will end the battle, you need to watch for special skills, for digevolution schedules, attributes training and so much other things!
    Having only one digimon team along the way is a bad point? Well, maybe. This goes to what you like. While having numerous of distinct monsters with you adds a more strategist view of the game, having only a team makes you love the ones you carry along the game.
    If I would give it a professional review, I would give it, at minimum, 8.5.
    Sincerely, I am disappointed with the critic reviews. Such a great game I would recommend anyone (I recommended it to a lot of friends of mine. One of then played it more than I did at that time!) get such a bad eye from the same people who rate a game without story and with such a bad gameplay (The other 'monsters' game that I played it completely and found it SO overrated, yet fun) as a masterpiece. This is really contradictory, isn't it?
  61. Sep 5, 2015
    Okay. I AM DONE WITH ALL THE FLACK THIS GAME GETS. YET, SOMETHING LIKE COD IS TREATED LIKE THE HOLY GRAIL OF GAMING??? God... Okay onto the review. This is my favorite video game of all time. It was also one of the first video games I've ever played (Not counting Sonic 3 and Knuckles) I am only 13, but my gaming experience is plenty. So, I might be a little nostalgia blind, but maybe I'mOkay. I AM DONE WITH ALL THE FLACK THIS GAME GETS. YET, SOMETHING LIKE COD IS TREATED LIKE THE HOLY GRAIL OF GAMING??? God... Okay onto the review. This is my favorite video game of all time. It was also one of the first video games I've ever played (Not counting Sonic 3 and Knuckles) I am only 13, but my gaming experience is plenty. So, I might be a little nostalgia blind, but maybe I'm not. Perhaps I'm speaking the truth?

Anyways, Onto the review.
    The story is bad? NO WAY!!! there will be spoilers here for the story so be warned...
    It starts out with your character trying to be the world champ, but then terrorists called the A.O.A. attack and have plans to release Galacticmon. There is a lot more I'm missing but I want to make this short. The plot works well, but what really makes the game good is the mood. There are so many different areas in the game and each one gives you a distinct atmosphere. I even felt a bit creeped out if you play this at night...

Game play sucks? Good joke, play the whole game before reviewing
    Now the grinding may be an issue to some, but I personally feel that is part of the fun in a jrpg! There is also a lot of backtracking and the game doesn't really tell you where to go, but once you find it you'll feel like, "Ahhh, finally!" You'd be very accomplished. Also, I find it fun to explore! The battling is great too! Fighting digimon feels soo good and the game gives you many techniques and digivoloutions to learn!!

I also love the anime style music and the graphics are average.
    Overall, this gets a 10. Stop hating. Please.
  62. JoeK.
    Apr 27, 2003
    One of the best Playstaion games I've played. On Gamecube with it's superior looks and it would have been a 10!
  63. LionelL.
    Jul 8, 2002
    I have a psone in the car and i just love to play it.
  64. MatthewC.
    Jun 23, 2002
    Well its just about the adventure that exites me so much.
  65. ErvinJ.
    Dec 2, 2003
    Digimon world is cool.But Zambamon cheats he gets to atack 2 times and after you get the smelly herb you dont exspect to fight him again. But the rest was awesome.
  66. PerfectCell
    Mar 26, 2003
    Its a good game but it has its flaws, the first is the graphics, they could have been better but apart from that its a decent game.
    Nov 3, 2002
    This one is really cool but i always thinking that 1 is better than 2, the ones who says that 1 sucks, well they suck.
  68. JohnW.
    Jul 25, 2003
    It is the best game ever!
  69. WilliamD.
    Aug 12, 2004
    This game soooo cool but tyranno valley is a problem because when i go further the blue things are there and the gets frozen but the game is cool play it.
  70. May 13, 2016
    Digimon World 3 is a role-playing video game created by Bandai for the PlayStation. The series is the third installment in the Digimon World series and it was first released on June 5, 2002 in the US and then on July 4, 2002 in Japan and November 29, 2002 in Europe. The game tells the story of Junior, who begins playing an MMORPG called "Digimon Online" with his friends, but whenDigimon World 3 is a role-playing video game created by Bandai for the PlayStation. The series is the third installment in the Digimon World series and it was first released on June 5, 2002 in the US and then on July 4, 2002 in Japan and November 29, 2002 in Europe. The game tells the story of Junior, who begins playing an MMORPG called "Digimon Online" with his friends, but when terrorists attack, Junior and the other players are trapped within the game and must find a way out using his Digimon partners. Expand
  71. Dec 20, 2015
    It just don't get maximum score because of the repetition, that will make non die-hard RPG players get away from the game at half of it. What rocks is the Amount of digivolutions and available Digimons.
  72. MinervaE.
    Jan 28, 2004
    Definitely the best out of the series so far there is still much constructive criticism to be given. First off, as spoken before the leveling can grow rather slow at certain points in the game and make it a wee bit too long-winded for most people to bother to tolerate. Secondly, directions can be lacking at times. "Let's go find Lisa!" resulted in me chasing through every building in Definitely the best out of the series so far there is still much constructive criticism to be given. First off, as spoken before the leveling can grow rather slow at certain points in the game and make it a wee bit too long-winded for most people to bother to tolerate. Secondly, directions can be lacking at times. "Let's go find Lisa!" resulted in me chasing through every building in four cities before I managed to find her, as there was no direction given as to where she would be found. In the game's favor, however, is the leveling and evolution system. It shows well the interwoven web that is Digimon evolution and, above that, is unique in the ability to train each form individually - the signature techs should have been at a more reasonable level, however. The game music is good and the field graphics are rather "cute". The battle graphics could have used work, and Galacticmon should have been quite a lot harder in my opinion. Overall, I'd still give the game a rating of 7.5-8. It's enjoyable for the most part and quite a lot stronger than the previous games in most respects. Expand
  73. KeithJ.
    Jun 9, 2002
    I was surprised. I didn't expect it to be this good and be digimon. (No offense.)
  74. TimothyB.
    Aug 26, 2002
    This game is a long and good game but the graphics could use a little work.
  75. KMLOVER
    Oct 12, 2002
    The best part about this game is that it has the Digimon from Season 1,2,3, and 4. The worst part about the game is the graphics. The graphics are pretty bad for a PS1 game. It's way better than any of those Pokemon games. The only thing that is cool about Pokemon is Mewtwo. Who says Digimon is dead? It lives on FOREVER and whoever thinks it's kiddy can shut their lowlife The best part about this game is that it has the Digimon from Season 1,2,3, and 4. The worst part about the game is the graphics. The graphics are pretty bad for a PS1 game. It's way better than any of those Pokemon games. The only thing that is cool about Pokemon is Mewtwo. Who says Digimon is dead? It lives on FOREVER and whoever thinks it's kiddy can shut their lowlife mouths, it's censors who MAKES it kiddy because their STUPID!!! Overall, it's a GREAT game! ^_^ Collapse
  76. Gameaddict
    Oct 14, 2002
    I would rate this game 10, but some of the graphics and muscis are lame.....But, the game still rocks!Compare to Digimon World 2 and 1,This is certainly the best digimon world so far.Oh,one more thing......Digimon World 2.......SUCKS!!!!!
  77. Jul 31, 2015
    It´s the best Digimon game for the PS1. The rpg elements are improved when comparing to Digimon World 2. It has more speed, more characters, the dna evolution can be made in-battle something like the TV-series. And It´s a good RPG. The kiddy image that Europe and the US wanted to show on the cover wasn´t positive for the game. Also, the idea of building your own team and growing yourIt´s the best Digimon game for the PS1. The rpg elements are improved when comparing to Digimon World 2. It has more speed, more characters, the dna evolution can be made in-battle something like the TV-series. And It´s a good RPG. The kiddy image that Europe and the US wanted to show on the cover wasn´t positive for the game. Also, the idea of building your own team and growing your digimon is much more easier and fun from the previous "World" games. The graphics aren´t the best but you can´t ask much more from a PS1. Somewhere in the game you can find it repetitive or really fun. Expand

1. Electronic Gaming Monthly
    The third time is definitely not the charm. [July 2002, p.128]
  2. Official U.S. Playstation Magazine
    Profoundly mediocre, the kind of game that only hardcore Digi-fans will like. [June 2002, p.102]
    Despite some impressive world-map graphics and extremely catchy anime-style music, Digimon World 3 disappoints in countless ways.