• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Sep 3, 1997
  • Also On: PC
9.1

1. Dec 8, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Final Fantasy is without a doubt THE BEST GAME that i have ever played. Pair it up with Crisis Core (PSP) and Advent Children (animated movie), and you're in for the ride of your life. The story of each character is so perfectly described that you can only feel like you've known them for your entire life.
    Fx (SPOILER!) Aeris' death scene surprised me! the fact that Square Soft had the balls to even attempt a move like that, chills me to the my bones.
    You get so much enjoyment out of this game. There are countless possibilities. Choose your party, what materia, armour and weaponry they have. It's got amazingly entertaining stuff such as: The battling, Exploring of the map and of course the Chocobo Racing and breeding.
    I was left with a little tear about to roll down my cheek, because i felt like i was saying goodbye to a part of myself, which i invested in these characters. And also because i wanted more.
    This game woke more emotions in me than any other game, book, movie or TV-series ever managed.

The only thing that's left to say is:
    Go play this game! and if you have already, go play it again.
  2. Mar 14, 2015
    This game may be the benchmark that all other story-based games can be compared to and modeled after. The storyline keeps you hooked, wanting to play more and more despite your body telling you that you need sleep and food.
  3. Feb 1, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. There's not much to be said about this timeless masterpiece that hasn't already been said. FFVII takes all of the ingredients which were good in the SNES entries and brought them to the PS. There's nothing this game lacks and whether one finds the graphics outdated or to "have aged badly" is a matter of taste, not fact. From the inspiring materia system to the optional characters, from the open world with hidden secrets to an amusement park with dozens of minigames, from the epic plot with twists never seen before in video games... It is silly how much backstory a game can have when you need atleast 3 playthroughs to remember it all. When I bought the PSone classic port version of the game from PSN and played the game again I was delighted to notice that Aerith notes in the beginning of the game that "there's this materia" she has which is "useless", only to remember that it is the precise materia that will save the world later on in the game.

All the characters have well-developed motives and each are strengthened by a brilliant leitmotif ala Nobuo Uematsu. The optional bosses are fun to run with challenge runs and are in fact rather difficult if one doesn't pay attention to his/her character builds and materia use.

This is a game that never will be forgotten.
  4. Mar 29, 2015
    My all time favorite game. The best game ever made, patiently waiting for the remake of this game for the ps4 or the pc master race in 4k :) 10/10 have beat this game 7 times.... So far
  5. Aug 25, 2012
    A game that blew me away then and is just as much fun now. Called "The game that sold the Playstation" and I can see why. It's fun and entertaining, with hours and hours of gameplay and more if you like exploring and levelling up to be mega hard come the boss fights. Plus lots of the coolest characters and definately coolest bad guy. Once you can explore the world it's truly epic, withA game that blew me away then and is just as much fun now. Called "The game that sold the Playstation" and I can see why. It's fun and entertaining, with hours and hours of gameplay and more if you like exploring and levelling up to be mega hard come the boss fights. Plus lots of the coolest characters and definately coolest bad guy. Once you can explore the world it's truly epic, with side quests. With FFXII and Persona4, this is a stand out game, it's just epic, as simple as that. One of the best games I've ever played, which is saying a lot, and even though it seems ancient now and dated its still a game i come back too. With Suikoden and Grandia II its the cream of RPG Collapse

1. Brought RPGs into the Western spotlight and contained the most debated plot twist of an era. [Feb 2003, p.97]
  2. You can play the game time and time again. Always finding something new, from a new piece of materia to a new place, to defeating the ultimate weapons. The story twists and turns all the time always keeping you guessing as to what will happen next.
  3. Without a doubt, FF7 is one of the top Final Fantasy games out there. It is also one of the best RPG adventures of all time.