Gran Turismo PlayStation
  • Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Apr 30, 1998
8.7

1. May 29, 2012
    The racing game that set the standard for all the rest. Huge amount of cars and tracks for a PS game. Almost every modern racing game includes features that GT had back in 98.
  2. Dec 4, 2010
    The Best Game Ever? Not quite. But a very important one, nonetheless. I was too young to enjoy it when it first came out (I always lost), but five years later, and wow. I play it on my PSP even now. Anyone reading this probably all ready knows what to expect, so I won't ramble on. While the new generation systems have remarkable capabilities, every racing game after this one will still have a hard time measuring up. Expand
  3. Jun 23, 2013
    A PlayStation Classic. A racing simulator that was very influential and perhaps one of the greatest (if not the greatest). There really was not a game at its time that was more realistic than Gran Turismo. This could easily be on a list of "The Greatest Video Games Ever".
  4. Oct 17, 2013
    Best race game ever for me! Nice soundtrack, graphics, cars, ehm, ALL IT´S AWESOME! I still listen to the soundtrack, the nostalgia of it directly sparkle, until now I'm playing on an emulator, and I think that bathe PS1 to play it.

1. The replays had some of us doing double-takes to make sure we weren't watching real race footage. [Feb 2003, p.97]
  2. If you can get past its slightly intimidating barrier to entry (getting your license to race in this game is trickier than the real thing), you'll play Gran Turismo for months and months and never see all of its glory. This is a classic.
  3. Picture the most complete racer you could ever imagine, now double it. Gran Turismo is definitely the best racing game ever.