Parasite Eve II

PlayStation
9.1

1. Oct 19, 2017
    One of the most underrated games ever, with a great atmospheric soundtrack, with some really well-made and polished mechanics at the time. It's like an old Resident Evil game but with magic and even more possibilities and interesting mechanics, with one of the best pre-rendered backgrounds in the PS1, with good character modelling. It also has a huge replay value, which will give you evenOne of the most underrated games ever, with a great atmospheric soundtrack, with some really well-made and polished mechanics at the time. It's like an old Resident Evil game but with magic and even more possibilities and interesting mechanics, with one of the best pre-rendered backgrounds in the PS1, with good character modelling. It also has a huge replay value, which will give you even more possibilities, unlocking new guns, armors and miscellaneous items.
    The story is always interesting and all the places you go through are memorable, same for the enemies which each one has their own mechanics, with their strong and weak points.
    There are many interesting bosses with their own theme, and they aren't precisely easy to beat, you have to plan a strategy, choose the right spell to find their weaknesses and also avoid their attacks, learn their patterns.
    The only flaw I would give to the game would is how the story isn't told properly, which is a shame because I really wished the game had more scenes and more interaction between the main characters because they are actually interesting and I wish I could have known more about them.

In the end, this game is REALLY a great game and everyone who's ever played and liked old Resident Evil games should give Parasite Eve 2 a shot.
  2. Mar 6, 2017
    Parasite Eve 2 strayed a bit from the original. They tried to incorporate too much Resident Evil to an already beloved first game in the franchise. The game still does an excellent job maintaining the story and RPG mechanics of the first in an extremely different way. This is a game which would of been much better served as a PS2 launch title that carried proper voice overs and tookParasite Eve 2 strayed a bit from the original. They tried to incorporate too much Resident Evil to an already beloved first game in the franchise. The game still does an excellent job maintaining the story and RPG mechanics of the first in an extremely different way. This is a game which would of been much better served as a PS2 launch title that carried proper voice overs and took advantage of the graphical upgrades. As of now it stands severely gimped by the hardware caps of the PS1, but still a joy to play. Expand
  3. Dec 11, 2016
    This is the best Survival Combat Horror game ever. I can use any weapons ranging from handguns to assault rifles, as well as some items which can help me recover health quickly and increase the stats too. It's an excellent game for me to play.
  4. Dec 10, 2016
    I love this game played it for hours on the playstation 1. wish someone could remaster this game for ps4! would buy it today. very hard game but best. survival horror in years
  5. Dec 9, 2016
    An original mix of survival horror and RPG! This is a game from the time were huge games were made, despite the limited technology. One of my favourite games, if not my favourite, and one of the best there ever was.
  6. Dec 7, 2016
    Just gonna copy and paste my comment in the Parasite Eve page. It really beats me how the Parasite Eve came to an abrupt end. The rest of this review is just to complete the 150 characters minimum.
  7. Dec 10, 2015
    I love this game sooooo much! It's a Masterpiece on all its forms! Great art, music, level designs, characters, backgrounds, in addition to the classic RE fixed dynamic angles, not to mention it's very addicting and highly re-playable too. Too bad most critics trashed on this game and gave it bad scores like the IGNorants!!! That's why critics sometimes CANT be Trusted which is very sadI love this game sooooo much! It's a Masterpiece on all its forms! Great art, music, level designs, characters, backgrounds, in addition to the classic RE fixed dynamic angles, not to mention it's very addicting and highly re-playable too. Too bad most critics trashed on this game and gave it bad scores like the IGNorants!!! That's why critics sometimes CANT be Trusted which is very sad indeed. But thank you so much hardcore gamers and fans worldwide for defending and seeing through its true great values! Expand
  8. Sep 9, 2014
    A very good resident evil clone instead of a true Parasite Eve II. Even the tank like controls were added. Compared to Parasite Eve it is a weaker game but still above average. The rpg elements were reduced. The story and characters are fine and there are multiple endings. Overall this sounds negative but it is still a good game and it was worth my time.
  9. May 14, 2013
    I remember playing this game when it first came out back in 2000 and ever since then the experience has stuck with me and has permanently become one of my favourite games of all time. The game is available for purchase over the Playstation Network for the PS3.

Having not played the first Parasite Eve, you will not be left out of the loop. The game gives a brief overview of the events of Parasite Eve that setup the main character's backstory going into the game's second installment. From there, the game plays very similarly to early Resident Evil titles such as Nemesis but is unique enough that it does feel like a copy. Parasite Eve II has it's own engaging story and cast of characters that sets it apart from anything else out there. There are multiple endings depending on your choices throughout the game. There are also multiple difficulty levels that unlock after you beat the game including a new game plus. While the backgrounds are primarily pre-rendered they still look beautiful and really help to bring you into the game environment. There are numerous guns you can find and purchase throughout the game, some of them being customizable. Aya also has access to a number of powers that can be used to set enemies on fire or regenerate lost health. Playing as a female protagonist is also a refreshing change compared to the typically male dominated player characters.

All in all, Parasite Eve II is an underrated game that deserves a playthrough if you are a fan of the early Resident Evil style of gameplay and survival horror.
  10. Feb 17, 2013
    Playing like a slightly more action orientated version of the PSone Resident Evil titles I tried on a number of occasions to play through Parasite Eve II and, while I enjoyed it on occasions, I never did muster the enthusiasm to see it all the way to the end.
  11. Jan 30, 2013
    A surprising hit. PE2 is perhaps the best Resident Evil clone ever made. In fact I might even go so far as to say it is better (well, almost.) Great combat, excellent atmosphere, fantastic narrative and great visuals (some of the most gorgeous CG sequence on the PS1. Do yourself a favor and checkout the Aya shower scene, and remember this was the PS1!) Overall: Probably one of the bestA surprising hit. PE2 is perhaps the best Resident Evil clone ever made. In fact I might even go so far as to say it is better (well, almost.) Great combat, excellent atmosphere, fantastic narrative and great visuals (some of the most gorgeous CG sequence on the PS1. Do yourself a favor and checkout the Aya shower scene, and remember this was the PS1!) Overall: Probably one of the best survival horror games I have played with lots of replay value. A real shame this series never got as popular as its rivals. Expand
  12. MarkD.
    Nov 5, 2006
    Much more then an Resident Evil clone, Parasite Eve is an orginal and, at times, stunning mix of survival horror & RPG. In fact it's superior to Resi in many ways and goes down as one of the Playstations most under rated games. Buy it you fools!
  13. NathanG.
    Oct 31, 2005
    Well executed, well scripted game with compelling gameplay and plot progression.
  14. HåkanL.
    Jul 21, 2002
    At least 8 points. Better than first game. Easy menu system than first. A great game but not perfect.

#13 Most Discussed PS1 Game of 2000
#10 Most Shared PS1 Game of 2000

1. CNET Gamecenter
    A weird combination of action, puzzle solving, and strategy that is freakishly fun.
  2. Antagonist
    If you enjoyed "Parasite Eve," be prepared for something different -- better in gameplay, but maybe not as classy in story.
  3. Spank!
    A cracking title, that's so finely tuned and crafted as well as addictive and compelling.