• Publisher: Capcom
  • Release Date: Apr 30, 1999
8.4

1. Nov 28, 2011
    This is the street fighter i learnt how to do he moves. This was also had the best single player mode in world map absolutely amazing. They still play this in my local arcade.
  2. May 28, 2012
    This was the one of the PS games that I had left and used to play it occasionally on my PS2 right up to my PS3 and I was always amazed at how good it was, I would be sitting there playing it on an adrenaline rush and realising that it was a ten year old game .Also seeing that it had a good meta rating kinda cheered me up as it was a bit mysterious to me as I never known anyone who playedThis was the one of the PS games that I had left and used to play it occasionally on my PS2 right up to my PS3 and I was always amazed at how good it was, I would be sitting there playing it on an adrenaline rush and realising that it was a ten year old game .Also seeing that it had a good meta rating kinda cheered me up as it was a bit mysterious to me as I never known anyone who played it, and I thought it was my little gem. Sorry that the review didn't really involve gameplay but it was more of a personal review. Expand
  3. Oct 14, 2013
    Street FIghter Alpha 3 was the best in the Alpha trilogy! I love the fact that they added characters and additional modes in the console versions. I love this game for introducing Karin and Cody, two of my favorite characters.
  4. Feb 4, 2013
    Street Fighter Alpha 3 is a flawless entry into the franchise. It's well balanced and refined to perfection. There are 30 characters to play as, which gives you more fighting variety than you can shake a controller at. The graphics are exquisite, featuring bright 2D art and animation that is both impressive and nostalgic. Basically speaking, Street Fighter Alpha 3 is my favorite 2D fighterStreet Fighter Alpha 3 is a flawless entry into the franchise. It's well balanced and refined to perfection. There are 30 characters to play as, which gives you more fighting variety than you can shake a controller at. The graphics are exquisite, featuring bright 2D art and animation that is both impressive and nostalgic. Basically speaking, Street Fighter Alpha 3 is my favorite 2D fighter of all time... Hadouken!! Collapse

1. Arguably the best version of Street Fighter to grace the system. [Feb 2003, p.97]
  2. With plenty of extra modes, flashy graphics, and excellent voiceovers, this could be the next step towards perfecting the 2D side of the Playstation fighters.
  3. Fans will appreciate that Capcom loaded this game with bonuses for the most diligent players. You'll find more modes to play and more characters to choose from such as Evil Ryu, Guile and more, so how's that for replay value? Not only did Capcom go overboard on extras but just wait until you see the art that appears before each fight in this game. It's classic.