Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories PlayStation

• Release Date: Mar 20, 2002
8.6

1. Bahen
    Feb 24, 2004
    Good title, for what its worth. It is somewhat deep and has longevity. Only thing bad is its difficulty for a beginner. BTW, you don't need to BUY cards if you WIN them. (or us a second memory card if you are a cheater.)
  2. Paul
    Oct 26, 2005
    Unbeleivable the story line is amazing well worth geting the only downfall to this game is the 3d mode but it is ok for a ps1 game.
  3. JustinL.
    Oct 19, 2002
    Yes of course it is a good game has good graphics but not that good on it's sound but other than that it really puts me to a challenge.
  4. BlueEyesUltimateDragon
    Oct 25, 2006
    This game has class. You can expect the unexpected. You'll never know what wil happen next so buy this game now if you had the guts.
  5. JoshH.
    Jul 6, 2002
    I love This Game It Is A Bit Hard But It Rocks!!!!!
  6. TJGamefreak
    Aug 2, 2002
    Great! I would give it a 100 but the scale only goes up to 10. I never miss an episode of the t.v. show. I would recomend this game to anybody who likes to watch the cartoon.
  7. KyleS.
    Aug 6, 2002
    Wow 3d dueling thats good but u would have to understand the show and the game and play it for a few hours like i did first i thought this game is goin to blow but after a couple of hours playin i started to love it its a great game.
  8. DonaldS.
    May 2, 2003
    I give this game a 10 because it is a challaging card game. It takes care of my spare time when I got nothing to do. It keeps you guessing what your opp. has. so this game rooccckkkk!!!!!
  9. MarinaL.
    Nov 8, 2002
    This game was cool. You would have to be a true yu gi oh fan to enjoy it. If you don't like yu gi oh then you obviously won't like the game. I can't wait until the game on PS2 comes out!
  10. ScottR.
    Oct 2, 2002
    I have had no problems with this game the only problem i had is figuring out all the fusions. Just look them up online and u got fusions other than that i liked the game.
  11. KatS.
    Jul 1, 2002
    Everything perfect, except for the fact you can ONLY play 1 card a turn!
  12. DanG.
    Aug 10, 2002
    I think this game was too easy. I don't see why seto 3rd was not the last guy and for you PEGUSES was a puisy!!!!!!!!
  13. BobH.
    Mar 18, 2003
    I love it though i can't get all the cards!!!!!!!!
  14. CraigM.
    Mar 7, 2003
    This game sooooooooo rocks i've been playing this game for 3 months thats why i gave a 10.
  15. StuartM.
    May 16, 2003
    It is the best game ever.
  16. IkhwanK.
    Oct 28, 2005
    Very bad ending but i"m happy to play this games.
  17. RickW.
    May 3, 2005
    I gave it a 9 because it's nearly impossible to get 999,999 starchips. i only get really good cards when i'm battling the meadow mage (i got 3 meteor black dragons from him :D). not enough to beat seto's ultimate blue eyes though...
  18. AlecD.
    Sep 5, 2005
    I use to have this game about a year ago I broke it for reasons I don't know of because my playstation broke but the strongest card I had was a skull knight but I think that it is bullcrap that you have to pay 999,999 starchips for a miecily little dark magician I have good cards in real life and I had beat everyone in that game like 500 times and got only skull knight P.S. I was on I use to have this game about a year ago I broke it for reasons I don't know of because my playstation broke but the strongest card I had was a skull knight but I think that it is bullcrap that you have to pay 999,999 starchips for a miecily little dark magician I have good cards in real life and I had beat everyone in that game like 500 times and got only skull knight P.S. I was on the last level but I couldn't beat him oh well. Expand
  19. NateV.
    Jun 3, 2002
    It's TITE!!
  20. CassandraL.
    Jul 11, 2002
    I just started playin this game but so far its pretti kool...=( still dont get the fusion thing...
  21. MayaInca
    Jul 17, 2002
    Nerve racking, fustrating,..you want to pitch it!!..then u learn some combos beat a few guys, get into the story... and u cant put it down!! Patience IS a virtue with this game.. and it pays off in spades!!
  22. Sweetgame
    Jul 19, 2002
    This is my favorite game I own. at first it was a bit different. I expected it to be like the cartoon. Then I went to the present where I was Yugi moto and thats where the game really picked up. The magazins are stupid they don't know what a good game is anymore.
  23. PatL.
    Jul 20, 2002
    This game is nothing like the real card game, missing lots of cards. But it's kinda of fun easy to play lol! Gameplay is same has game boy version except for the card passwords u need starchips and for the monster sacrifice rule(no need to sacrifice in this game).3D battle is pretty cool. Too bad it's not based on the real game with the real rules with all the cards, like in the This game is nothing like the real card game, missing lots of cards. But it's kinda of fun easy to play lol! Gameplay is same has game boy version except for the card passwords u need starchips and for the monster sacrifice rule(no need to sacrifice in this game).3D battle is pretty cool. Too bad it's not based on the real game with the real rules with all the cards, like in the Game Boy Advanced version but what can I say I like Yu-Gi-Oh lol! so I bought it lol! and give it a 10. Expand
  24. Silverpearl
    Jul 2, 2002
    What do those reviews think they're saying!!! This game rocks!!! (duelling with Pegasus makes me so frutrating! He has all those trap cards...)
  25. MarkH.
    Jul 23, 2002
    I honestly love tis game. I play so many games that I beat between five ten hours, excludiding the FF series. I still can not beat this game. The final Seto is sooo hard. but I still love it. Graphics suck, no one cares about sound, it's all about gameplay.
  26. A.J.
    Jul 31, 2002
    This game rocks I beat it 1 and can't do it aging i almost got all the cards.
  27. NickD.
    Jul 30, 2002
    This game is a masterpiece for those smart enough to understand it. You can play for hours on end without getting tired. The magazines suck they play the game for 5 minutes and rate it. You must truly get into this game to enjoy it.
  28. TylarH.
    Jul 31, 2002
    I love this game i just need to beat peaguses.
  29. SonglengH.
    Jul 7, 2002
    Love the game. Bad part is that the card combo and riutil get kinda confusing.
  30. VengellaB.
    Jul 9, 2002
    This is the best game I've ever played!! I give it 3 thumbs up!
  31. NolanB.
    Aug 29, 2002
    This is such a sweet game!!! I like the graphics, every thing about it!! And I just got the game yesterday!!!
  32. Mat
    Aug 30, 2002
    I think its a good game, but u can only put one card down and u dont get monster effects like man eater bug's, and if u dont know what the card does then ur screwed because they dont tell u the exact thing but i think its still a great game.
  33. OMG>:(
    Aug 8, 2002
    Well I didn't like the game much at first because it just dealt with remembering and figuring out combos or your dead. But then I remembered the book said to play yourself in free duels and the computer would show you tons of combos to use with your own cards as long as you let him have out one card out and not kill it. The next turn, if he still has that card from before, either Well I didn't like the game much at first because it just dealt with remembering and figuring out combos or your dead. But then I remembered the book said to play yourself in free duels and the computer would show you tons of combos to use with your own cards as long as you let him have out one card out and not kill it. The next turn, if he still has that card from before, either he'll make a new card from a combo, or combo the card thats down and you didn't kill. The combo's are easy to remember if you use them 3-5 times, and you can write them down if your that lazy and complany. THere are also great magic cards you can get that can very much alter the battle. Such as the destroy all enemy monster card, and the -1000 ATT/DFF for enemy monsters. If you liked the tv show, you still will probably love the game, even though its not really like the TV show because the TV show has "New Exciting Rules" at the duel Island which convert the origonal game into more stratigec options. Expand
  34. BrianM.
    Aug 9, 2002
    I think this game kicks serious @$$!!
  35. NickB.
    Sep 9, 2002
    I think this game rocks the house and i played it for 2 weeks now and i'am about done with the game.
  36. Unknown
    Jan 12, 2003
    this game is cool, but all good monsters and cards, cost 999,999. it's impossible to get that amount of starchips. after i beat the game the code they gave me didn't even work. DOES ANYBODY KNOE HOW TO USE THE CODE THAT THE GAME GIVE AT THE EN OF THE GAME? DOES ANYBODY KNOW THAT INFINITY STARCHIPS CHEAT CODE. PLEASE TELL ME, I NEED IT. THANKS.
  37. XenonWave
    Jan 17, 2003
    This game is one of the best games for the ps1 that i've played on for a long time the only hard part is seto in the moden wold because he allways manages to bring up another blue eyes white dragon and take my deak out.
  38. JohnS.
    Feb 13, 2003
    This game is fantastic, of course as long as you know what you are doing. A little difficulties here and there but we wouldn't want it to be too easy now would we.
  39. PeterL.
    Mar 1, 2003
    I give this game an 8 because this game takes 2 long 2 get 999999 stachips and when u use it here it goes again duelin ur way 2 999999 again.
  40. peterCullum
    Mar 10, 2003
    i love this game i can't wait till the next one comes out
  41. CHRISP.
    Mar 20, 2003
    It is good but it would be better if u could walk around.
  42. AdamR.
    Apr 15, 2003
    This game was one of the 5 games that gave me a challenge. I'm still playing trying to get every card. The Graphics may not be that great but I don't pay much attention to it. If you get buy the beginning It's really fun. It's hard for me to stop playing because There is almost always something to go for. The storyline was easy to follow and It caught your attention. I This game was one of the 5 games that gave me a challenge. I'm still playing trying to get every card. The Graphics may not be that great but I don't pay much attention to it. If you get buy the beginning It's really fun. It's hard for me to stop playing because There is almost always something to go for. The storyline was easy to follow and It caught your attention. I liked this game. Expand
  43. kitusdeciusaridius
    Apr 25, 2003
    It's a quality game, but ill give it a 9 because getting 99999 starchips is HARD! ps does anyone know the 3 cards needed for the cosmo queen and tri horned dragon rituals?
  44. JeromeL.
    Apr 5, 2003
    I like this game but it's wayyyyyyyy impossible to get all of those starchips.So I Choose an 8 for my choice.
  45. SakuraH.
    May 14, 2003
    Realy it should be an eleven it's my favorite game!
  46. CraigJ.
    May 3, 2003
    This is a very good game but its downfall is it is too repetetive and it is too hard to get 999,999 starchips but the game is challenging and fun. it also gets you thinking. a must buy for the fans of the tv program.
  47. MarceloS.
    Jun 4, 2003
    The best one. I bought it to my son and we have played it for hours with no stop. Great!!! Marcelo Seravat (Brazil)
  48. AdamB.
    Aug 2, 2003
    If you do'nt like playstation games, you should try your luck with the real cards first.
  49. DalzielB.
    Nov 10, 2004
    This game is really cool.To get twin headed thunder dragon fuse a thunder and a dragon, to get meteor.b dragon beat the meadow mage in the free battle for over a 100 times trust me!!!!!
  50. GustaveF.
    Oct 9, 2004
    The game is really cool, especially if you play the trading card game also. It is a good variation, faster, more combat and less effects and the best, NO tributes are required!!! It is indeed hard to get good cards if you do not have much patience (I defeat each adversary in the free duel mode 50 times at least. Trust me, it is kinda boring). Good to play for one hour a day.
  51. AhmetZ.
    Jul 4, 2004
    Fight with low medow mage to get meteor b. dragon 3500/2000 (i have 3 of them)
  52. KahlilkingofgamesG.
    Aug 2, 2004
    This game rocks baby it rocks.I can give this a 50.I got tons of power ups and twin headed thunder dragons.This game has the best music ever.I got black skull dragon.I will say this again people who this game stupid I dissagree with them.this is the best yu-gi-oh game ever.cheats=Claw reacher+Job change mirror=summoned skull. Typhone#2+Black land fire dragon=red eyes black dragon.Get This game rocks baby it rocks.I can give this a 50.I got tons of power ups and twin headed thunder dragons.This game has the best music ever.I got black skull dragon.I will say this again people who this game stupid I dissagree with them.this is the best yu-gi-oh game ever.cheats=Claw reacher+Job change mirror=summoned skull. Typhone#2+Black land fire dragon=red eyes black dragon.Get Exodia=head:33396948+Right leg=08124921+Left leg=44519536+Left arm=07902349+Right arm=70902349.Crush card=57728570.This game rockzzzzzz. Expand
  53. FelipeA.
    Nov 1, 2002
    I love this game, and the graphics it use are incredible, even when it was created in 1996. I was really surprised, since the series appeared here this year (2002). I play it all day, and thanks to my card game skills, I enjoy this game more.
  54. MarkP.
    Nov 28, 2002
    A very good game, I havent put it down in the last week. If the music was better and the cards were cheaper to buy (i.e. most good cards/combo cards cost 999,999 starchips, e.g Blue Eyes White Dragon) then it would be brilliant but hopefully the PS2 version will correct these bad points.
  55. YamiM.
    Oct 16, 2002
    I think this game is like excellent. It not only relate to why, in the episodes, Yugi turns into a spirit so noble and contain so much courage within one soul. Even though there is much to do in this game like memorize card fusions and stuff lyke that but it is the best game I have ever played. In fact, I have beaten this game 5 times already and I just got a month ago but still, I think this game is like excellent. It not only relate to why, in the episodes, Yugi turns into a spirit so noble and contain so much courage within one soul. Even though there is much to do in this game like memorize card fusions and stuff lyke that but it is the best game I have ever played. In fact, I have beaten this game 5 times already and I just got a month ago but still, everything you do in that game is worth. No matter what card you get, that card will do you well and serve you good just like what they say in the episodes on TV, "Trust in the heart of the cards!" Expand
  56. CarlosS.
    Nov 9, 2002
    If You get the code breaker cd you can get the 722 cards specially magician of black chaos. You also get infinite 999,999 starchips and infinite life points. This game is better than dueling with the real cards. Exodia is the best 3D View in this game. Buy it.
  57. BasketBaller69Nguyen
    Dec 20, 2002
    The game is pretty cool but the cards cost too much. I think it is impossible to get the cards so why bother putting the cards on sell. :( Besides that, the game is pretty good.
  58. MarioM.
    Oct 3, 2002
    It´s amazing when you play it you can stop it.
  59. RanmaS.
    Jun 10, 2002
    I've read the net mags's reviews about it and I can clearly state that this game rocks, undoutedbly more than Pokemon TCG did on Game Boy a few years ago! I'd recommend it to hard-core gamers mostly though, as again seeing the reviews and playing the game, I can say the difficulty is set high and the average hop and go player might get bored...
  60. Joe
    Jul 16, 2002
    This game rocks. It takes some time to get good at it but after you get the hang of it this game rules.
  61. RyanK.
    Jul 16, 2002
    Yeah the games great but why does everything have to be 999,999 starchips and Kevin T. if you think Mia is hard then you should quit beacuse you wont compare to the mages.
  62. Jake
    Jul 18, 2002
    I just started playin the game and it's fun dueling.
  63. BryanM.
    Jul 4, 2002
    This game is great.
  64. ChristianE.
    Aug 18, 2002
    If you love the show then you'll love the game even more because you control the action.
  65. NewayZ
    Aug 26, 2002
    This game is soo awesome, I played it for 24 hours straight, i am tired.
  66. Z_LotFezzer
    Aug 4, 2002
    I have info on a few awsome card combos. like twin headed thunder dragon all you need is 1 dragon 1600 attack or over then you combine it with an electric type you can also use a lower lvl dragon by combining it with 2 electric types or 1 metal type then the electric its very helpful when you got a mountain in play.
  67. PuffyK.
    Aug 6, 2002
    If you like anime and see the cartoon, then the PS game turn indirectly into crack-coccaine. I'm hooked on a I-V
  68. BMc.
    Aug 9, 2002
    Why not? yu-gi-oh! is like my favorite show and i just got the game a few weeks ago. i'm catching on to the strategy, and my friends like it too! so damnit its hella good!
  69. V.V.
    Sep 10, 2002
    Great.
  70. M.E.
    Sep 16, 2002
    You have to try this game out. If you like Yu-Gi-Oh you will enjoy all the different cartoon monsters being depicted in card/3-D form. Don't get your hopes up however because this is far from an actual Puzzle/RPG game. Be patient and logical and the fusions will come to you, but do not forget to read the instruction book!!!
  71. VaughnS.
    Sep 21, 2002
    For one thing yes it does tell you Mat (press triangle) and it does suck that they don't have effects. Overall it is a good game but (like the show) they don't follow the rules of the true game completely. But like I said it is pretty good and deserves a good 8.
  72. RustyS.
    Jan 10, 2003
    The 3d graphics suck the sound is crap gameplay is repetitive the cards cost way to much but i cant stop playin it i have over 300 cards and over 1000 starchips and im about to beat the game.
  73. yosondon'tknow
    Jan 6, 2003
    I think the game is good but the 3d graphics suck!!!!!
  74. HeathL.
    Jan 7, 2003
    Very difficult, yet so much fun.
  75. Braydan
    Feb 25, 2003
    It is ttttttttthhhhhhhhhhheeeeee best game.
  76. ChrisF.
    Mar 12, 2003
    This game totally rules evan if you aint played the cards it is still excerlent to play and i cant wait for the ps2 to come out!!!!!
  77. AlexP.
    Mar 21, 2003
    This game ROCKS but it is nothing like the things in the show. I would be better if you could walk araound and had a choice of deks.
  78. JamesE.
    Mar 24, 2003
    I think it is cool you get to battle monsters and combined.
  79. JosephR.
    Apr 1, 2003
    I liked this game alot but I don't think I'd want to try and beat this game again.It was very hard though very cool at the same time.
  80. LukeH.
    Apr 15, 2003
    9 because it's to hard to get brilliant cards, otherwise brilliant!!!
  81. Jon
    It rocks.
  82. TimothyI.
    Apr 19, 2003
    I'd say it could be better if you can walk around. also, it would be better if you got to choose a deck like pegasus' deck.
  83. DazP.
    May 1, 2003
    This game is amazing its real cool apart that the rare card like BEWD is 999999 so the only way u can get them is by beating good duelist that y there 999999.
  84. FranciscoC.
    Jul 26, 2003
    It's a good game but I think Yu-Gi-Oh! The Duelist of The Roses is better because it got better grapics.
  85. FrancisG.
    Oct 19, 2004
    The game ROCKS. But it is hard to get 999,999 schips and their is not much strategy at the game.
  86. KurtK.
    Feb 28, 2004
    This game took me forever to beat but i finally did.By the way does anyone know how to get infinite LP for Action Replay? Thanks.
  87. TahmiD.
    Apr 19, 2004
    To have infinity starchips then when it says push start ener x,x, o,o, up, down. IT must me completed within 10 secs.
  88. DarylT.
    Apr 28, 2004
    very good..give me gameshark cheats for yugi yo..
  89. JonS.
    Jul 19, 2004
    This game is ight. If you like dragon cards so much keep fighting Meadow mage I already got a Meteor Dragon,Metal dragon, but i also got a Dark magacian from the desert high mage, if anyone finds a code for infinity starchips that will work cause the one on here dont work at all Tahmi D. so im out peace.
  90. KingOfGames
    Aug 9, 2004
    Great game!play it all the time!!only drawback is the starchips..they give out to few for what the cards cost!i beat it,but im still confused on Rituals..over all it took bout 2 years to beat it.
  91. TPub
    Sep 21, 2004
    Best One I have seen yet.
  92. SamuelW.
    Sep 21, 2004
    It is really cool.
  93. Yu-Gi-OH!Master
    Sep 4, 2004
    This game is great, lots of paper to print off and arange all the Fusions, but it was worth it. This game can be beat without the 999,999 StarChips Cheat, with the list of fusions.
  94. EdwardP.
    Apr 4, 2005
    This is one of the best games i ever played, but it is so hard and it's hard to get starchips because i need 9999 for blue eyes white dragon.
  95. MartynH.
    Jun 2, 2005
    I have time wiserd + dragon + moutins and a dragon boost i got a 3400 dragon and i beated 10 people and how do u get 999999 starchips if eney one nows tell me plz.
  96. AbdallahZ.
    Sep 17, 2005
    It is the best game i ever seen the monsters and the magic cards and the trap card they are coooool !!!!!!
  97. JonathanC.
    Sep 7, 2005
    Really good game but 99999 starchips is too hard can u tell me a cheat to get 99999 starchips plz.
  98. JeroenV.
    Jun 6, 2006
    This game is very good. I play it every day and I am trying to get 999,999 starchips. If you have patience and play it very often, it may be possible to get the magic amount in 2 or 3 years. And if you have 3 memorie cards you can get every card. It sure deserves a 10!
  99. DrueB.
    Oct 12, 2002
    This is a supermega awesome game! If I could, I would give it a rating of 199,999,999,9999! Course I'm a real duelist!
  100. ArrashF.
    Dec 19, 2002
    It is wicked being able to be able to watch your cards attack each other.

1. Modern TCG fans will probably either love it for being simple and different, or hate it for being old and unlike the current game.
  2. Daunting difficulty and narrow appeal...There are teeth of mine I'd pull with a pair of pliers rather than play this card game ever again.
  3. I would ultimately recommend this for either someone who has played the card game before or someone who has a lot of time to go through and write down or memorize the card combos and fusion results, since everything is trial and error.