• Publisher: Konami
  • Release Date: Mar 20, 2002
8.7

1. Bahen
    Feb 24, 2004
    Good title, for what its worth. It is somewhat deep and has longevity. Only thing bad is its difficulty for a beginner. BTW, you don't need to BUY cards if you WIN them. (or us a second memory card if you are a cheater.)
  2. Paul
    Oct 26, 2005
    Unbeleivable the story line is amazing well worth geting the only downfall to this game is the 3d mode but it is ok for a ps1 game.
  3. JustinL.
    Oct 19, 2002
    Yes of course it is a good game has good graphics but not that good on it's sound but other than that it really puts me to a challenge.
  4. BlueEyesUltimateDragon
    Oct 25, 2006
    This game has class. You can expect the unexpected. You'll never know what wil happen next so buy this game now if you had the guts.
  5. JoshH.
    Jul 6, 2002
    I love This Game It Is A Bit Hard But It Rocks!!!!!
  6. TJGamefreak
    Aug 2, 2002
    Great! I would give it a 100 but the scale only goes up to 10. I never miss an episode of the t.v. show. I would recomend this game to anybody who likes to watch the cartoon.
  7. KyleS.
    Aug 6, 2002
    Wow 3d dueling thats good but u would have to understand the show and the game and play it for a few hours like i did first i thought this game is goin to blow but after a couple of hours playin i started to love it its a great game.
  8. DonaldS.
    May 2, 2003
    I give this game a 10 because it is a challaging card game. It takes care of my spare time when I got nothing to do. It keeps you guessing what your opp. has. so this game rooccckkkk!!!!!
  9. MarinaL.
    Nov 8, 2002
    This game was cool. You would have to be a true yu gi oh fan to enjoy it. If you don't like yu gi oh then you obviously won't like the game. I can't wait until the game on PS2 comes out!
  10. KatS.
    Jul 1, 2002
    Everything perfect, except for the fact you can ONLY play 1 card a turn!
  11. DanG.
    Aug 10, 2002
    I think this game was too easy. I don't see why seto 3rd was not the last guy and for you PEGUSES was a puisy!!!!!!!!
  12. BobH.
    Mar 18, 2003
    I love it though i can't get all the cards!!!!!!!!
  13. CraigM.
    Mar 7, 2003
    This game sooooooooo rocks i've been playing this game for 3 months thats why i gave a 10.
  14. StuartM.
    May 16, 2003
    It is the best game ever.
  15. IkhwanK.
    Oct 28, 2005
    Very bad ending but i"m happy to play this games.
  16. RickW.
    May 3, 2005
    I gave it a 9 because it's nearly impossible to get 999,999 starchips. i only get really good cards when i'm battling the meadow mage (i got 3 meteor black dragons from him :D). not enough to beat seto's ultimate blue eyes though...
  17. NateV.
    Jun 3, 2002
    It's TITE!!
  18. CassandraL.
    Jul 11, 2002
    I just started playin this game but so far its pretti kool...=( still dont get the fusion thing...
  19. MayaInca
    Jul 17, 2002
    Nerve racking, fustrating,..you want to pitch it!!..then u learn some combos beat a few guys, get into the story... and u cant put it down!! Patience IS a virtue with this game.. and it pays off in spades!!
  20. Sweetgame
    Jul 19, 2002
    This is my favorite game I own. at first it was a bit different. I expected it to be like the cartoon. Then I went to the present where I was Yugi moto and thats where the game really picked up. The magazins are stupid they don't know what a good game is anymore.
  21. PatL.
    Jul 20, 2002
    This game is nothing like the real card game, missing lots of cards. But it's kinda of fun easy to play lol! Gameplay is same has game boy version except for the card passwords u need starchips and for the monster sacrifice rule(no need to sacrifice in this game).3D battle is pretty cool. Too bad it's not based on the real game with the real rules with all the cards, like in the This game is nothing like the real card game, missing lots of cards. But it's kinda of fun easy to play lol! Gameplay is same has game boy version except for the card passwords u need starchips and for the monster sacrifice rule(no need to sacrifice in this game).3D battle is pretty cool. Too bad it's not based on the real game with the real rules with all the cards, like in the Game Boy Advanced version but what can I say I like Yu-Gi-Oh lol! so I bought it lol! and give it a 10. Expand
  22. Silverpearl
    Jul 2, 2002
    What do those reviews think they're saying!!! This game rocks!!! (duelling with Pegasus makes me so frutrating! He has all those trap cards...)
  23. A.J.
    Jul 31, 2002
    This game rocks I beat it 1 and can't do it aging i almost got all the cards.
  24. NickD.
    Jul 30, 2002
    This game is a masterpiece for those smart enough to understand it. You can play for hours on end without getting tired. The magazines suck they play the game for 5 minutes and rate it. You must truly get into this game to enjoy it.
  25. TylarH.
    Jul 31, 2002
    I love this game i just need to beat peaguses.
  26. SonglengH.
    Jul 7, 2002
    Love the game. Bad part is that the card combo and riutil get kinda confusing.
  27. VengellaB.
    Jul 9, 2002
    This is the best game I've ever played!! I give it 3 thumbs up!
  28. NolanB.
    Aug 29, 2002
    This is such a sweet game!!! I like the graphics, every thing about it!! And I just got the game yesterday!!!
  29. OMG>:(
    Aug 8, 2002
    Well I didn't like the game much at first because it just dealt with remembering and figuring out combos or your dead. But then I remembered the book said to play yourself in free duels and the computer would show you tons of combos to use with your own cards as long as you let him have out one card out and not kill it. The next turn, if he still has that card from before, either Well I didn't like the game much at first because it just dealt with remembering and figuring out combos or your dead. But then I remembered the book said to play yourself in free duels and the computer would show you tons of combos to use with your own cards as long as you let him have out one card out and not kill it. The next turn, if he still has that card from before, either he'll make a new card from a combo, or combo the card thats down and you didn't kill. The combo's are easy to remember if you use them 3-5 times, and you can write them down if your that lazy and complany. THere are also great magic cards you can get that can very much alter the battle. Such as the destroy all enemy monster card, and the -1000 ATT/DFF for enemy monsters. If you liked the tv show, you still will probably love the game, even though its not really like the TV show because the TV show has "New Exciting Rules" at the duel Island which convert the origonal game into more stratigec options. Expand
  30. BrianM.
    Aug 9, 2002
    I think this game kicks serious @$$!!
  31. NickB.
    Sep 9, 2002
    I think this game rocks the house and i played it for 2 weeks now and i'am about done with the game.
  32. Unknown
    Jan 12, 2003
    this game is cool, but all good monsters and cards, cost 999,999. it's impossible to get that amount of starchips. after i beat the game the code they gave me didn't even work. DOES ANYBODY KNOE HOW TO USE THE CODE THAT THE GAME GIVE AT THE EN OF THE GAME? DOES ANYBODY KNOW THAT INFINITY STARCHIPS CHEAT CODE. PLEASE TELL ME, I NEED IT. THANKS.
  33. XenonWave
    Jan 17, 2003
    This game is one of the best games for the ps1 that i've played on for a long time the only hard part is seto in the moden wold because he allways manages to bring up another blue eyes white dragon and take my deak out.
  34. JohnS.
    Feb 13, 2003
    This game is fantastic, of course as long as you know what you are doing. A little difficulties here and there but we wouldn't want it to be too easy now would we.
  35. peterCullum
    Mar 10, 2003
    i love this game i can't wait till the next one comes out
  36. AdamR.
    Apr 15, 2003
    This game was one of the 5 games that gave me a challenge. I'm still playing trying to get every card. The Graphics may not be that great but I don't pay much attention to it. If you get buy the beginning It's really fun. It's hard for me to stop playing because There is almost always something to go for. The storyline was easy to follow and It caught your attention. I This game was one of the 5 games that gave me a challenge. I'm still playing trying to get every card. The Graphics may not be that great but I don't pay much attention to it. If you get buy the beginning It's really fun. It's hard for me to stop playing because There is almost always something to go for. The storyline was easy to follow and It caught your attention. I liked this game. Expand
  37. kitusdeciusaridius
    Apr 25, 2003
    It's a quality game, but ill give it a 9 because getting 99999 starchips is HARD! ps does anyone know the 3 cards needed for the cosmo queen and tri horned dragon rituals?
  38. SakuraH.
    May 14, 2003
    Realy it should be an eleven it's my favorite game!
  39. CraigJ.
    May 3, 2003
    This is a very good game but its downfall is it is too repetetive and it is too hard to get 999,999 starchips but the game is challenging and fun. it also gets you thinking. a must buy for the fans of the tv program.
  40. MarceloS.
    Jun 4, 2003
    The best one. I bought it to my son and we have played it for hours with no stop. Great!!! Marcelo Seravat (Brazil)
  41. DalzielB.
    Nov 10, 2004
    This game is really cool.To get twin headed thunder dragon fuse a thunder and a dragon, to get meteor.b dragon beat the meadow mage in the free battle for over a 100 times trust me!!!!!
  42. GustaveF.
    Oct 9, 2004
    The game is really cool, especially if you play the trading card game also. It is a good variation, faster, more combat and less effects and the best, NO tributes are required!!! It is indeed hard to get good cards if you do not have much patience (I defeat each adversary in the free duel mode 50 times at least. Trust me, it is kinda boring). Good to play for one hour a day.
  43. AhmetZ.
    Jul 4, 2004
    Fight with low medow mage to get meteor b. dragon 3500/2000 (i have 3 of them)
  44. KahlilkingofgamesG.
    Aug 2, 2004
    This game rocks baby it rocks.I can give this a 50.I got tons of power ups and twin headed thunder dragons.This game has the best music ever.I got black skull dragon.I will say this again people who this game stupid I dissagree with them.this is the best yu-gi-oh game ever.cheats=Claw reacher+Job change mirror=summoned skull. Typhone#2+Black land fire dragon=red eyes black dragon.Get This game rocks baby it rocks.I can give this a 50.I got tons of power ups and twin headed thunder dragons.This game has the best music ever.I got black skull dragon.I will say this again people who this game stupid I dissagree with them.this is the best yu-gi-oh game ever.cheats=Claw reacher+Job change mirror=summoned skull. Typhone#2+Black land fire dragon=red eyes black dragon.Get Exodia=head:33396948+Right leg=08124921+Left leg=44519536+Left arm=07902349+Right arm=70902349.Crush card=57728570.This game rockzzzzzz. Expand
  45. FelipeA.
    Nov 1, 2002
    I love this game, and the graphics it use are incredible, even when it was created in 1996. I was really surprised, since the series appeared here this year (2002). I play it all day, and thanks to my card game skills, I enjoy this game more.
  46. YamiM.
    Oct 16, 2002
    I think this game is like excellent. It not only relate to why, in the episodes, Yugi turns into a spirit so noble and contain so much courage within one soul. Even though there is much to do in this game like memorize card fusions and stuff lyke that but it is the best game I have ever played. In fact, I have beaten this game 5 times already and I just got a month ago but still, I think this game is like excellent. It not only relate to why, in the episodes, Yugi turns into a spirit so noble and contain so much courage within one soul. Even though there is much to do in this game like memorize card fusions and stuff lyke that but it is the best game I have ever played. In fact, I have beaten this game 5 times already and I just got a month ago but still, everything you do in that game is worth. No matter what card you get, that card will do you well and serve you good just like what they say in the episodes on TV, "Trust in the heart of the cards!" Expand
  47. CarlosS.
    Nov 9, 2002
    If You get the code breaker cd you can get the 722 cards specially magician of black chaos. You also get infinite 999,999 starchips and infinite life points. This game is better than dueling with the real cards. Exodia is the best 3D View in this game. Buy it.
  48. BasketBaller69Nguyen
    Dec 20, 2002
    The game is pretty cool but the cards cost too much. I think it is impossible to get the cards so why bother putting the cards on sell. :( Besides that, the game is pretty good.
  49. MarioM.
    Oct 3, 2002
    It´s amazing when you play it you can stop it.
  50. RanmaS.
    Jun 10, 2002
    I've read the net mags's reviews about it and I can clearly state that this game rocks, undoutedbly more than Pokemon TCG did on Game Boy a few years ago! I'd recommend it to hard-core gamers mostly though, as again seeing the reviews and playing the game, I can say the difficulty is set high and the average hop and go player might get bored...
  51. Joe
    Jul 16, 2002
    This game rocks. It takes some time to get good at it but after you get the hang of it this game rules.
  52. RyanK.
    Jul 16, 2002
    Yeah the games great but why does everything have to be 999,999 starchips and Kevin T. if you think Mia is hard then you should quit beacuse you wont compare to the mages.
  53. Jake
    Jul 18, 2002
    I just started playin the game and it's fun dueling.
  54. BryanM.
    Jul 4, 2002
    This game is great.
  55. ChristianE.
    Aug 18, 2002
    If you love the show then you'll love the game even more because you control the action.
  56. NewayZ
    Aug 26, 2002
    This game is soo awesome, I played it for 24 hours straight, i am tired.
  57. Z_LotFezzer
    Aug 4, 2002
    I have info on a few awsome card combos. like twin headed thunder dragon all you need is 1 dragon 1600 attack or over then you combine it with an electric type you can also use a lower lvl dragon by combining it with 2 electric types or 1 metal type then the electric its very helpful when you got a mountain in play.
  58. PuffyK.
    Aug 6, 2002
    If you like anime and see the cartoon, then the PS game turn indirectly into crack-coccaine. I'm hooked on a I-V
  59. BMc.
    Aug 9, 2002
    Why not? yu-gi-oh! is like my favorite show and i just got the game a few weeks ago. i'm catching on to the strategy, and my friends like it too! so damnit its hella good!
  60. V.V.
    Sep 10, 2002
    Great.
  61. yosondon'tknow
    Jan 6, 2003
    I think the game is good but the 3d graphics suck!!!!!
  62. HeathL.
    Jan 7, 2003
    Very difficult, yet so much fun.
  63. Braydan
    Feb 25, 2003
    It is ttttttttthhhhhhhhhhheeeeee best game.
  64. ChrisF.
    Mar 12, 2003
    This game totally rules evan if you aint played the cards it is still excerlent to play and i cant wait for the ps2 to come out!!!!!
  65. AlexP.
    Mar 21, 2003
    This game ROCKS but it is nothing like the things in the show. I would be better if you could walk araound and had a choice of deks.
  66. JamesE.
    Mar 24, 2003
    I think it is cool you get to battle monsters and combined.
  67. LukeH.
    Apr 15, 2003
    9 because it's to hard to get brilliant cards, otherwise brilliant!!!
  68. Jon
    It rocks.
  69. DazP.
    May 1, 2003
    This game is amazing its real cool apart that the rare card like BEWD is 999999 so the only way u can get them is by beating good duelist that y there 999999.
  70. FranciscoC.
    Jul 26, 2003
    It's a good game but I think Yu-Gi-Oh! The Duelist of The Roses is better because it got better grapics.
  71. FrancisG.
    Oct 19, 2004
    The game ROCKS. But it is hard to get 999,999 schips and their is not much strategy at the game.
  72. TahmiD.
    Apr 19, 2004
    To have infinity starchips then when it says push start ener x,x, o,o, up, down. IT must me completed within 10 secs.
  73. DarylT.
    Apr 28, 2004
    very good..give me gameshark cheats for yugi yo..
  74. JonS.
    Jul 19, 2004
    This game is ight. If you like dragon cards so much keep fighting Meadow mage I already got a Meteor Dragon,Metal dragon, but i also got a Dark magacian from the desert high mage, if anyone finds a code for infinity starchips that will work cause the one on here dont work at all Tahmi D. so im out peace.
  75. KingOfGames
    Aug 9, 2004
    Great game!play it all the time!!only drawback is the starchips..they give out to few for what the cards cost!i beat it,but im still confused on Rituals..over all it took bout 2 years to beat it.
  76. TPub
    Sep 21, 2004
    Best One I have seen yet.
  77. SamuelW.
    Sep 21, 2004
    It is really cool.
  78. Yu-Gi-OH!Master
    Sep 4, 2004
    This game is great, lots of paper to print off and arange all the Fusions, but it was worth it. This game can be beat without the 999,999 StarChips Cheat, with the list of fusions.
  79. EdwardP.
    Apr 4, 2005
    This is one of the best games i ever played, but it is so hard and it's hard to get starchips because i need 9999 for blue eyes white dragon.
  80. MartynH.
    Jun 2, 2005
    I have time wiserd + dragon + moutins and a dragon boost i got a 3400 dragon and i beated 10 people and how do u get 999999 starchips if eney one nows tell me plz.
  81. AbdallahZ.
    Sep 17, 2005
    It is the best game i ever seen the monsters and the magic cards and the trap card they are coooool !!!!!!
  82. JonathanC.
    Sep 7, 2005
    Really good game but 99999 starchips is too hard can u tell me a cheat to get 99999 starchips plz.
  83. JeroenV.
    Jun 6, 2006
    This game is very good. I play it every day and I am trying to get 999,999 starchips. If you have patience and play it very often, it may be possible to get the magic amount in 2 or 3 years. And if you have 3 memorie cards you can get every card. It sure deserves a 10!
  84. DrueB.
    Oct 12, 2002
    This is a supermega awesome game! If I could, I would give it a rating of 199,999,999,9999! Course I'm a real duelist!
  85. ArrashF.
    Dec 19, 2002
    It is wicked being able to be able to watch your cards attack each other.
  86. MichgelL.
    Dec 20, 2002
    The way to get Exodia is to get a gameshark. Find the code for infenity starchips. Then go on your computer and go to www.cheatplanet.com and you will find the code for Exodia. I`m almost done with the game and I`ve only had it for one week.
  87. BillyBob
    Oct 23, 2002
    It's a sweet game but it's pretty easy for me. I have a extremly powerful deck and not even my friend can beat me and he's been playing it longer than I have. His best was Exodia and mine was Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon. I don't have Exodia in my deck. I just can't wait for the Yu-Gi-Oh! for PS2. I just hope it's more of a challange. And if you are wondering, I It's a sweet game but it's pretty easy for me. I have a extremly powerful deck and not even my friend can beat me and he's been playing it longer than I have. His best was Exodia and mine was Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon. I don't have Exodia in my deck. I just can't wait for the Yu-Gi-Oh! for PS2. I just hope it's more of a challange. And if you are wondering, I don't cheat. Expand
  88. konig14
    Dec 30, 2002
    It's freaken awesome but I can't figure out the code to get infinent star chips (without using gameshark) but other than that I love it.
  89. Pam
    May 27, 2002
    The game is awesome :-) This certainly has more substance than the regular "beat their brains out" and other "blood and guts" video games that are out there. I would definitely recommend it to anyone.
  90. SaraE.
    Jun 16, 2002
    Love it! but very hard game...
  91. MagicianOfBlackChaos
    Jun 19, 2002
    The best except whats the secret code for.....
  92. DanielW.
    Jun 23, 2002
    Its an awesome game.
  93. EddieB.
    Jun 24, 2002
    I've played & reviewed the comments for the game yu gi oh forbidden memories & all I have to say is, this game rules. I've played nothing like it. po'emon has nothing on this.
  94. Dayv.H.
    Jun 26, 2002
    This game kicks ass! Those reviews are either stupid or dumb or all three. :-p
  95. Yu-Gi-Ah,QueenoftheCards
    Jun 28, 2002
    Ouch... someone get me some ice - this game's too hot! After a couple months of playin', I couldn't turn it off! Everything about this game - the music, the 3-d battle sequence, the graphics, the strategy, the conflict - is a gamer's DREAM. All I have to say is, 'go Konami! Go Konami!' ::does the cabage patch::
  96. KevinT.
    Jul 12, 2002
    This game is really hard esp. when you get to Mai. She is soooooooooo hard. In otherwords.. THIS GAME ROCKS!!
  97. IvanD.
    Jul 13, 2002
    This is just the greatest game, you can use your own cards in the game which means that if you have the greatest deck in real life, you can have it in the game.
  98. DuelerYu-Gi-Oh
    Jul 17, 2002
    This game is awesome, i only get frustrated when faceing kaibas 3 blue eyes whit dragon.
  99. LucasN.
    Jul 24, 2002
    I neeeeeed help to make cards stronger than 2500.
  100. TroyC.
    Jul 28, 2002
    This game rocks!!!

1. Modern TCG fans will probably either love it for being simple and different, or hate it for being old and unlike the current game.
  2. Daunting difficulty and narrow appeal...There are teeth of mine I'd pull with a pair of pliers rather than play this card game ever again.
  3. I would ultimately recommend this for either someone who has played the card game before or someone who has a lot of time to go through and write down or memorize the card combos and fusion results, since everything is trial and error.