• Publisher: Konami
  • Release Date: Mar 20, 2002
8.6

1. Aug 17, 2016
    Yu-Gi-Oh Forbidden Memories! is a video game based on the Yu-Gi-Oh! manga and anime series, developed by KCEJ and published by Konami.

+ Yu Gi Oh Cards and Monster
    - Old Rules
  2. Aug 6, 2016
    This game is so unbelievably difficult and frustrating. I thought I would try going back to it for nostalgia, and see if as an adult I was any better at this game.

No. Please also note that the majority of people giving this a positive review are all cheating in order to make the game more enjoyable. That's ridiculous! To make a game so incredibly difficult that the only way to truly

Please also note that the majority of people giving this a positive review are all cheating in order to make the game more enjoyable. That's ridiculous! To make a game so incredibly difficult that the only way to truly enjoy it is to cheat and hack?
  3. Jan 23, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I know this sounds weird but i loved this game its **** amazing and i thinck should be played by more. An amazing card gamer. i found it confusing but it was still fun to me Expand
  4. Jul 22, 2015
    Dont listen to what the reviewers are saying back then or now on Youtube. This game is wrongly measured because the fact is with this Game the Yu Gi Oh franchise actually started not with the card game or the anime series but the Japanese Version released in 1999 which later came to the West in 2002 when all the other stuff with Yu Gi Oh on it was allready out.
  5. Oct 3, 2014
    This game brings back a lot of nostalgia, so I thought I'd play through it again and after heavy grinding (there is a lot of that in this game) I managed to beat it, I just want to say off the bat that if the sound of endless grinding, rules different to that of the actual card game and absolutely nothing being explained sounds about as appealing as setting up a mosque next to a BNPThis game brings back a lot of nostalgia, so I thought I'd play through it again and after heavy grinding (there is a lot of that in this game) I managed to beat it, I just want to say off the bat that if the sound of endless grinding, rules different to that of the actual card game and absolutely nothing being explained sounds about as appealing as setting up a mosque next to a BNP member's house then this game is not for you. However those willing to tolerate this will find an addictive game with great music, fantastic re-playability and cartoony graphics that have aged very well, with the exception of some 3D battles that look a bit jagged of course.
    I must say I do love the fact that the game leaves you to your own devices, it is a very strict mistress with cards requiring an extortionate amount of starchips (the currency) to redeem, losing once causing the game to end and **** all being explained, though all of this difficulty does make what would otherwise be a very short game to have organic length and the rush of success being so overcoming that when you beat the game or get the card you want, you will literally jump for joy. To be honest I think a game like this is best for the time we live in, where walkthroughs can be found at a single click, so when the difficulty curves (which good God does it curve) you can at least find out how to overcome your predicament, that being said I do certainly understand why critics shat upon this game, as of course they only have so long to review this game and as I said before, this game is a harsh mistress and if you don't appreciate it for what it is, YFM certainly won't appreciate you either. Additionally the game is very much luck-based, as success can rely upon the good pulls you got from grinding, the random deck you were given at the beginning, whether or not your fusions work (which is trial and error) and if an enemy pulls out certain cards you're more or less ****ed from the get-go. Once again this game can be cruel but you know what in an age of shooter hand-holding an condescending tutorials, I would not have it any other way.
  6. Sep 13, 2014
    Para quem é fã esse é um jogo altamente adorado, para que não é ele é de mediano para ruim. De todos os games da saga Yu Gi esse é o melhor e mais aclamado palos fãs. Por seu desafio acima da media que nos prende horas a fio em busca de cartas raras e melhorando nossa estrategias marcou seu nome no legado do primeiro console da Sony.
  7. Mar 12, 2014
    This game can be very difficult and each duel is mainly down to getting the right cards at the start. Plenty of grinding is required, but i found it strangely addicting.
  8. Oct 25, 2013
    Amazing game! Hugely nostalgic for me(my third ps1 game), Yugioh Forbidden Memories remains one of my favorite ps1 games of all time. Amazing sound, gameplay, prize-reward system, campaign, free duels, cards, fusions, and most especially: lasting power. I have played this game for years and restart on one of my memory cards a bunch just to have the challenge and fun start again. Great Game!
  9. Jul 21, 2013
    Graphics 6/10
    Sound 7/10
    Gameplay 5/10 Value 6/10 While this game is fun to play it does not deserve more than a 6 considering the disastrous flaws it has. It lacks a simple tutorial to tell you how to play the game perfectly, and how to fuse cards. Most good cards with 2000+ ATK cost 999,999 Starchips and you ONLY earn 5 starchips per duel on S rank. Do you know what this
    Graphics 6/10
    Sound 7/10
    Gameplay 5/10
    Value 6/10

It lacks a simple tutorial to tell you how to play the game perfectly, and how to fuse cards. Most good cards with 2000+ ATK cost 999,999 Starchips and you ONLY earn 5 starchips per duel on S rank. Do you know what this means? Consider that you have the free time to play 100 duels per day and you got an S in all the duels. You will earn only 500 Starchips per day. Multiply this by 365 days you will only get 182,500 Starchips per year which means it requires about 6 years to get all the 999,999 starchips just to buy a single card! (that considering you don't use the memory card trick).
    Also lots of cards left unobtainable, like the Magician of Black Chaos on the cover of the box, MoBC cannot be earned legitimately in this game, you will have to cheat or use a gameshark in order to unlock it,. This card has a drop rate of 0, and it costs the ridiculous amount 999,999 starchips.
    Not to mention how this stupid game is grossly biased towards the AI. The rules that apply to you don't apply to the AI. Like for example you cannot summon Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon legitimately without using a ritual card and 3 Blue-Eyes White Dragons on the field. The computer has 3 standalone BEUD's and 90% of the time it will summon them for you in the first turn (Seto 3rd and sometimes Nitemare) .
    Same thing applies to B. Skull Dragon and Gate Guardian, it has 3 copies of these in its deck. while you cannot summon B. Skull Dragon without a fusion summon (you will need at least three cards to summon BSD), same with Gate Guradian (you will have to own the ritual card and Sanga, Kazejin & Suijin on the field in order to summon it!.)
    Just an advice, borrow this game before you buy it.
  10. Jul 14, 2013
    Ok, I just HAD to review this game. It's so crappy it becomes lovable. Story is non-existent, but who cares, the combat is actually kind of fun and interesting. You start a game with a deck of randomly thrown together crap cards. The entire point of this game is that you can combine 2 or more cards together to produce stronger cards. You can combine your entire hand if you wanted! The funOk, I just HAD to review this game. It's so crappy it becomes lovable. Story is non-existent, but who cares, the combat is actually kind of fun and interesting. You start a game with a deck of randomly thrown together crap cards. The entire point of this game is that you can combine 2 or more cards together to produce stronger cards. You can combine your entire hand if you wanted! The fun is discovering and remembering a huge number of card combination recipes. Also, the combinations appear to change from game to game, so if you got stuck with a bad deck or set of recipes, you pretty much had to start over because this game is....

HARD. Oh my goodness is it difficult. Your opponents will never have any trouble completely wrecking you. Near the end of the game, I actually transported my disk contents to PC so I could cheat with a program that would give me every card in the game and infinite starchips (which seems to be a requirement if you want to beat it).

Even with this obvious advantage, I had to fight the last few bosses multiple times because I'm not kidding they would completely wreck you in one turn. You had to get the PERFECT hand to win. Of course it's not hard to figure out how this happened. This is what lazy game designers do when they run out of time to put real content in a game. Hey, we're out of time, let's just crank up the difficultly! That'll make things seem like an engaging and fun experience!

Well no, it didn't. But the game is so terrible it's charming.
  11. Jan 16, 2013
    This game brings back so many memories. I had so much fun with this game; it was a blast. However, the game didn't follow the traditional rules because at the time it was released TCG rules were just being established. Had it been released maybe a year later with those rules in place, I bet it'd be the most Yu-Gi-OH! game ever made. The battles were a litte weird in that you couldn'tThis game brings back so many memories. I had so much fun with this game; it was a blast. However, the game didn't follow the traditional rules because at the time it was released TCG rules were just being established. Had it been released maybe a year later with those rules in place, I bet it'd be the most Yu-Gi-OH! game ever made. The battles were a litte weird in that you couldn't control when Trap cards were activated, A.I. was predictable, the Spoils system made no sense whatsoever and buying cards was pointless because any card of real worth costed a number of Starchips almost impossible to obtain.

If you love Yu-Gi-Oh!, this is a game for you. I'd also say it's a good game to get you into Yu-Gi-Oh! (along with the cartoon show) if you know nothing about it.
  12. BlueEyesUltimateDragon
    Oct 25, 2006
    This game has class. You can expect the unexpected. You'll never know what wil happen next so buy this game now if you had the guts.
  13. JeroenV.
    Jun 6, 2006
    This game is very good. I play it every day and I am trying to get 999,999 starchips. If you have patience and play it very often, it may be possible to get the magic amount in 2 or 3 years. And if you have 3 memorie cards you can get every card. It sure deserves a 10!
  14. JesseK.
    Dec 8, 2005
    this game is really fun ive arety got meter black dragon , dark migion and skull night from the high mage i think i will give the game a 10.
  15. IkhwanK.
    Oct 28, 2005
    Very bad ending but i"m happy to play this games.
  16. MeteorBlackDragon
    Oct 27, 2005
    This game is quite fancy.......very good graphics.... OK, all people might be asking where to get good cards, especially to people who are fighting NiteMare, DarkNite, Seto 3rd, Heishin 2nd, High Mage Kepura, Labyrinth mages, Neku, and his accompany.... Tips.... To get good cards: TRY BATTLING THE LOW MEADOW MAGE he gives good cards such as: Dark Magician (2500/2100)=mercury, mars Skull This game is quite fancy.......very good graphics.... OK, all people might be asking where to get good cards, especially to people who are fighting NiteMare, DarkNite, Seto 3rd, Heishin 2nd, High Mage Kepura, Labyrinth mages, Neku, and his accompany.... Tips.... To get good cards: TRY BATTLING THE LOW MEADOW MAGE he gives good cards such as: Dark Magician (2500/2100)=mercury, mars Skull Knight (2650/2250)=mercury, mars Gaia The Fierce Knight... (2300/2100)=mercury, jupiter and lastly... METEOR BLACK DRAGON (3500/2000)=mars, sun believe me...he give good cards! to get the ultimate equip, battle pegasus for this: the MEGAMORPH (+1000, atk:def), try getting an S, Tech rank. That's all i can give. Thanks! Expand
  17. Paul
    Oct 26, 2005
    Unbeleivable the story line is amazing well worth geting the only downfall to this game is the 3d mode but it is ok for a ps1 game.
  18. AaronK.
    Oct 24, 2005
    I neeeeed a cheat any starchips cards for mothing anything plz.
  19. GloogP.
    Oct 7, 2005
    This game is good once you get good cards. What is the cheat for infinate starchips? The real one! Tri, Tir, up, up, circ, sqr, up, down w/e doesn't work!
  20. AbdallahZ.
    Sep 17, 2005
    It is the best game i ever seen the monsters and the magic cards and the trap card they are coooool !!!!!!
  21. SeanO.
    Sep 12, 2005
    It is an ok game but i cant get infinite star chips can u email me the cheat and thanx.
  22. JonathanC.
    Sep 7, 2005
    Really good game but 99999 starchips is too hard can u tell me a cheat to get 99999 starchips plz.
  23. AlecD.
    Sep 5, 2005
    I use to have this game about a year ago I broke it for reasons I don't know of because my playstation broke but the strongest card I had was a skull knight but I think that it is bullcrap that you have to pay 999,999 starchips for a miecily little dark magician I have good cards in real life and I had beat everyone in that game like 500 times and got only skull knight P.S. I was on I use to have this game about a year ago I broke it for reasons I don't know of because my playstation broke but the strongest card I had was a skull knight but I think that it is bullcrap that you have to pay 999,999 starchips for a miecily little dark magician I have good cards in real life and I had beat everyone in that game like 500 times and got only skull knight P.S. I was on the last level but I couldn't beat him oh well. Expand
  24. Ozzyo
    Aug 23, 2005
    It's almost imposiible to beat the medow mage leader beacuse it is impossible to beat all of his gate gardians and you need 999999 to get a good card and 5 starchips don't cut it!
  25. MartynH.
    Jun 2, 2005
    I have time wiserd + dragon + moutins and a dragon boost i got a 3400 dragon and i beated 10 people and how do u get 999999 starchips if eney one nows tell me plz.
  26. RickW.
    May 3, 2005
    I gave it a 9 because it's nearly impossible to get 999,999 starchips. i only get really good cards when i'm battling the meadow mage (i got 3 meteor black dragons from him :D). not enough to beat seto's ultimate blue eyes though...
  27. EdwardP.
    Apr 4, 2005
    This is one of the best games i ever played, but it is so hard and it's hard to get starchips because i need 9999 for blue eyes white dragon.
  28. RyanH.
    Mar 4, 2005
    Because the cards cause 999,999 starchips does anyone know how to get infiniti starchips does anyone know how to get good cards of except for dueling the medow mage.
  29. NicholasN.
    Nov 26, 2004
    I love the game,if you want to play for ten min. you can. you you don't have to beat dozens of people to get to a save point,but the game has some length to it. I have had the game for a year and have beet it twice with no cheats, and no stars chips, but can some one tell me what the secert codes for at the end?
  30. Logan
    Nov 20, 2004
    This game is very fun. I have a lot of good cards. The only thing i hate about this game is 999,999 starchips.
  31. DalzielB.
    Nov 10, 2004
    This game is really cool.To get twin headed thunder dragon fuse a thunder and a dragon, to get meteor.b dragon beat the meadow mage in the free battle for over a 100 times trust me!!!!!
  32. FrancisG.
    Oct 19, 2004
    The game ROCKS. But it is hard to get 999,999 schips and their is not much strategy at the game.
  33. ClarkK.
    Oct 13, 2004
    Good to play for about an hour a day or2. Is duelest of the roses any good.
  34. GustaveF.
    Oct 9, 2004
    The game is really cool, especially if you play the trading card game also. It is a good variation, faster, more combat and less effects and the best, NO tributes are required!!! It is indeed hard to get good cards if you do not have much patience (I defeat each adversary in the free duel mode 50 times at least. Trust me, it is kinda boring). Good to play for one hour a day.
  35. TPub
    Sep 21, 2004
    Best One I have seen yet.
  36. SamuelW.
    Sep 21, 2004
    It is really cool.
  37. Yu-Gi-OH!Master
    Sep 4, 2004
    This game is great, lots of paper to print off and arange all the Fusions, but it was worth it. This game can be beat without the 999,999 StarChips Cheat, with the list of fusions.
  38. KingOfGames
    Aug 9, 2004
    Great game!play it all the time!!only drawback is the starchips..they give out to few for what the cards cost!i beat it,but im still confused on Rituals..over all it took bout 2 years to beat it.
  39. KahlilkingofgamesG.
    Aug 2, 2004
    This game rocks baby it rocks.I can give this a 50.I got tons of power ups and twin headed thunder dragons.This game has the best music ever.I got black skull dragon.I will say this again people who this game stupid I dissagree with them.this is the best yu-gi-oh game ever.cheats=Claw reacher+Job change mirror=summoned skull. Typhone#2+Black land fire dragon=red eyes black dragon.Get This game rocks baby it rocks.I can give this a 50.I got tons of power ups and twin headed thunder dragons.This game has the best music ever.I got black skull dragon.I will say this again people who this game stupid I dissagree with them.this is the best yu-gi-oh game ever.cheats=Claw reacher+Job change mirror=summoned skull. Typhone#2+Black land fire dragon=red eyes black dragon.Get Exodia=head:33396948+Right leg=08124921+Left leg=44519536+Left arm=07902349+Right arm=70902349.Crush card=57728570.This game rockzzzzzz. Expand
  40. HumanDragonJ.
    Jul 31, 2004
    The graphic and the music sucks...i get bored just listening to the music.....i had played the game for about 5years and cannot even get infinite or 999999(i dunno how many number of 9 there is cause i don't play dat game anymore) starchips.....but the idea of the card and the game style rocks.....everything else rulz too.....the only thing is it wasted mah five years playing that game
  41. KahlilG.
    Jul 29, 2004
    I think this is the coolest yu-gi-oh game ever made.I am where the labrinth mage is. I'm about to beat the whole game.Who ever thinks this game is stupid,i disagree with them.I love playing this game.I am going to keep this game forever.
  42. JonS.
    Jul 19, 2004
    This game is ight. If you like dragon cards so much keep fighting Meadow mage I already got a Meteor Dragon,Metal dragon, but i also got a Dark magacian from the desert high mage, if anyone finds a code for infinity starchips that will work cause the one on here dont work at all Tahmi D. so im out peace.
  43. AhmetZ.
    Jul 4, 2004
    Fight with low medow mage to get meteor b. dragon 3500/2000 (i have 3 of them)
  44. JasonS.
    Jun 11, 2004
    I know how to get infinity starchips and i rekon this game is KOOL.
  45. DarylT.
    Apr 28, 2004
    very good..give me gameshark cheats for yugi yo..
  46. BestDuelist
    Apr 23, 2004
    This game rocks but its hard to get 99999999 starchips without a cheat oh! and the graphics are ok.
  47. DanielB.
    Apr 22, 2004
    Cause its a pain in the ass 2 get g00d cards especially against heishin 2 and set0 3.
  48. TahmiD.
    Apr 19, 2004
    To have infinity starchips then when it says push start ener x,x, o,o, up, down. IT must me completed within 10 secs.
  49. KurtK.
    Feb 28, 2004
    This game took me forever to beat but i finally did.By the way does anyone know how to get infinite LP for Action Replay? Thanks.
  50. Bahen
    Feb 24, 2004
    Good title, for what its worth. It is somewhat deep and has longevity. Only thing bad is its difficulty for a beginner. BTW, you don't need to BUY cards if you WIN them. (or us a second memory card if you are a cheater.)
  51. DanedandCealM.
    Feb 16, 2004
    I would really like to know how to get infinity starchips because all the great cards cost 999,999 starchips and the only way to be able to get infinity starchips is by gameshark.If ya read this please let me how to get alot of starchips without a gameshark so I can pass the mages ocean,medaow,etc........ THANKS:yours truly CEAL203.
  52. DragonKnightofFinalFantasy
    Feb 15, 2004
    Zzzzzz Snore ZZZZZ Wha oh um.Oh yeah the game sucks real hard it completly suc-Zzzzzz uh sorry it's boring Ya see it ha-Zzzzz ugh what is up with Konami man they should just forget about Yu-gi-oh! and stick with Castlevania.Don't buy this game there is nothing good about it.
  53. AdamB.
    Aug 2, 2003
    If you do'nt like playstation games, you should try your luck with the real cards first.
  54. FranciscoC.
    Jul 26, 2003
    It's a good game but I think Yu-Gi-Oh! The Duelist of The Roses is better because it got better grapics.
  55. MarceloS.
    Jun 4, 2003
    The best one. I bought it to my son and we have played it for hours with no stop. Great!!! Marcelo Seravat (Brazil)
  56. StuartM.
    May 16, 2003
    It is the best game ever.
  57. DonaldS.
    May 2, 2003
    I give this game a 10 because it is a challaging card game. It takes care of my spare time when I got nothing to do. It keeps you guessing what your opp. has. so this game rooccckkkk!!!!!
  58. DazP.
    May 1, 2003
    This game is amazing its real cool apart that the rare card like BEWD is 999999 so the only way u can get them is by beating good duelist that y there 999999.
  59. kitusdeciusaridius
    Apr 25, 2003
    It's a quality game, but ill give it a 9 because getting 99999 starchips is HARD! ps does anyone know the 3 cards needed for the cosmo queen and tri horned dragon rituals?
  60. C.JRoss
    Apr 19, 2003
    It ROCKS. Awesome Polygon Battling.
  61. TimothyI.
    Apr 19, 2003
    I'd say it could be better if you can walk around. also, it would be better if you got to choose a deck like pegasus' deck.
  62. Jose'Bulls
    Apr 17, 2003
    i like this game much but this is the stupidest game i really played!i'd thought it'd be like the game for gameboy color.Although,i do like it,they could let some high cards slip in my hand.
  63. LukeH.
    Apr 15, 2003
    9 because it's to hard to get brilliant cards, otherwise brilliant!!!
  64. JeromeL.
    Apr 5, 2003
    I like this game but it's wayyyyyyyy impossible to get all of those starchips.So I Choose an 8 for my choice.
  65. JosephR.
    Apr 1, 2003
    I liked this game alot but I don't think I'd want to try and beat this game again.It was very hard though very cool at the same time.
  66. AndrewS.
    Mar 27, 2003
    It's a good game, but it's very frustrating when you lose! I also wished they used the intro to the show at the start! Does anyone know how to get 999,999 starchips without having to go through an almost infinite amount of free duels?
  67. JamesE.
    Mar 24, 2003
    I think it is cool you get to battle monsters and combined.
  68. AlexP.
    Mar 21, 2003
    This game ROCKS but it is nothing like the things in the show. I would be better if you could walk araound and had a choice of deks.
  69. CHRISP.
    Mar 20, 2003
    It is good but it would be better if u could walk around.
  70. BobH.
    Mar 18, 2003
    I love it though i can't get all the cards!!!!!!!!
  71. DavidC.
    Mar 17, 2003
    I rate it seven because that the game programer didn't program, that you can put a card face down and set a monster at the same time!
  72. RyanB.
    Mar 14, 2003
    This game freaking sucks like HELL!!!! becuase there is no way to get 999999 starchips no way to beat seto in the tournament no way to get any good cards becuase they cost 999999 starchips the graphics suck in this game if i could i give this game a -0
  73. CristhianC.
    Mar 13, 2003
    Well i give 4 to this game because i think needs more graphics, more dinamic in the battles and only presents the cards in a realy bad way i mean it looks simple.
  74. peterCullum
    Mar 10, 2003
    i love this game i can't wait till the next one comes out
  75. CraigM.
    Mar 7, 2003
    This game sooooooooo rocks i've been playing this game for 3 months thats why i gave a 10.
  76. PeterL.
    Mar 1, 2003
    I give this game an 8 because this game takes 2 long 2 get 999999 stachips and when u use it here it goes again duelin ur way 2 999999 again.
  77. Braydan
    Feb 25, 2003
    It is ttttttttthhhhhhhhhhheeeeee best game.
  78. StillMr.Chimp
    Feb 19, 2003
    This game is lucky i gave it a 2.u start out with horrible cards and it takes sooo long 2 get good ones.and the graphics suck.
  79. MickH.
    Feb 15, 2003
    This game is borderline. Some of things ARE good, but Alot of the things suck. Any good card is ridiculously high-priced at 999,999 Star Chips, and that takes forever to do. The good things are being able to see physical changes between fusions and the unlimited power in your deck, unlike in Dark Duel Stories (GBC). If you liek Yu-Gi-Oh, I suggest to grab the GBC Dark Suel Stories, so you This game is borderline. Some of things ARE good, but Alot of the things suck. Any good card is ridiculously high-priced at 999,999 Star Chips, and that takes forever to do. The good things are being able to see physical changes between fusions and the unlimited power in your deck, unlike in Dark Duel Stories (GBC). If you liek Yu-Gi-Oh, I suggest to grab the GBC Dark Suel Stories, so you can get all your favourite cards without the Starchip price. Expand
  80. JohnS.
    Feb 13, 2003
    This game is fantastic, of course as long as you know what you are doing. A little difficulties here and there but we wouldn't want it to be too easy now would we.
  81. XenonWave
    Jan 17, 2003
    This game is one of the best games for the ps1 that i've played on for a long time the only hard part is seto in the moden wold because he allways manages to bring up another blue eyes white dragon and take my deak out.
  82. Jokerman
    Jan 16, 2003
    There is no better card game. Look if you wish but you wont find it! JoKeR
  83. MichaelL.
    Jan 14, 2003
    This game ROCKS!!!!!!! I can dark elf for 160 star chips.
  84. JoeJ.
    Jan 10, 2003
    It's cool , but it needs a lot of work ....Can we say , "Graphics!!!" So Nitendo... Has better.
  85. HeathL.
    Jan 7, 2003
    Very difficult, yet so much fun.
  86. yosondon'tknow
    Jan 6, 2003
    I think the game is good but the 3d graphics suck!!!!!
  87. konig14
    Dec 30, 2002
    It's freaken awesome but I can't figure out the code to get infinent star chips (without using gameshark) but other than that I love it.
  88. WilliamN.
    Dec 30, 2002
    Concept is terrible. you have no way to know what will fuse to what by the time you found out youve been playing for about three years. there is no science to know what can be fused to what. The card game obviously there is but not the game. its like someone through you out in the middle of the woods in the dark with no flashlight and pretty much told you enjoy! duh people think of theseConcept is terrible. you have no way to know what will fuse to what by the time you found out youve been playing for about three years. there is no science to know what can be fused to what. The card game obviously there is but not the game. its like someone through you out in the middle of the woods in the dark with no flashlight and pretty much told you enjoy! duh people think of these things when you produce the game or dont realease it unless you own an insane asilum and you need the money. Expand
  89. RaymondL.
    Dec 27, 2002
    This game is awesome though it is too difficult to polymerize the cards together...may someone help me out? give me a site to follow...critics just look at the game for its beginning story and do not continue on because they are dumb...this game is one of a kind.
  90. AndrewH.
    Dec 26, 2002
    A very interesting RPG. I am a major fan of the TV show, and I think they blended all the aspects of the cartoon perfectly into the game. The Starchip prices are a little ridiculous, but besides that, this game is cool.
  91. MichgelL.
    Dec 20, 2002
    The way to get Exodia is to get a gameshark. Find the code for infenity starchips. Then go on your computer and go to www.cheatplanet.com and you will find the code for Exodia. I`m almost done with the game and I`ve only had it for one week.
  92. BasketBaller69Nguyen
    Dec 20, 2002
    The game is pretty cool but the cards cost too much. I think it is impossible to get the cards so why bother putting the cards on sell. :( Besides that, the game is pretty good.
  93. WirenutN.
    Dec 19, 2002
    Critics suck!
  94. ArrashF.
    Dec 19, 2002
    It is wicked being able to be able to watch your cards attack each other.
  95. DoggyBones
    Dec 9, 2002
    Good game needs more cards and more stronger cards. In fact needs all cards.
  96. MarkP.
    Nov 28, 2002
    A very good game, I havent put it down in the last week. If the music was better and the cards were cheaper to buy (i.e. most good cards/combo cards cost 999,999 starchips, e.g Blue Eyes White Dragon) then it would be brilliant but hopefully the PS2 version will correct these bad points.
  97. DemonS.
    Nov 17, 2002
    While this game is excellent for those who follow the anime or card game, I wouldn't recommend it to the casual gamer. It's greatest flaw is the need to duel repeatedly and repetitively for star chips and new cards. However, it provides an intersting bit of backstory for the characters in the show, and allows for great versatility in deck creation.
  98. DWG²Inc.
    Nov 13, 2002
    Well the whole gameplay is good except for the the password mode which is useless! All the good cards cost infinite star chips, which make it imposible to buy them!
  99. MarinaL.
    Nov 8, 2002
    This game was cool. You would have to be a true yu gi oh fan to enjoy it. If you don't like yu gi oh then you obviously won't like the game. I can't wait until the game on PS2 comes out!
  100. JustinL.
    Oct 19, 2002
    Yes of course it is a good game has good graphics but not that good on it's sound but other than that it really puts me to a challenge.

1. Modern TCG fans will probably either love it for being simple and different, or hate it for being old and unlike the current game.
  2. Daunting difficulty and narrow appeal...There are teeth of mine I'd pull with a pair of pliers rather than play this card game ever again.
  3. I would ultimately recommend this for either someone who has played the card game before or someone who has a lot of time to go through and write down or memorize the card combos and fusion results, since everything is trial and error.