Ape Escape: On the Loose PSP

• Release Date: Mar 22, 2005
6.5

1. ChristianC.
    Jun 10, 2005
    When I had this game I thought it will be awsome but I guess it turned out kind of dumb because ill you do is capture monkeys and more monkeys with new gear that aint fun and i thought the memory stick was useless because you can turn it off and back to ur data and i know the ending even though i didnt pass it the monkeys are captured and everything safe and sound no more drive by's When I had this game I thought it will be awsome but I guess it turned out kind of dumb because ill you do is capture monkeys and more monkeys with new gear that aint fun and i thought the memory stick was useless because you can turn it off and back to ur data and i know the ending even though i didnt pass it the monkeys are captured and everything safe and sound no more drive by's no more shooting monkeys and more bananas lol!!! Expand
  2. BlakeT.
    Apr 3, 2005
    I never played the platform version, but if it is anything like the PSP version, it is a waste of money. The game might be ok if the controls were not so terrible. The analog stick control is awful. Plus, I spend more time repositioning the camera than actually playing the stupid game. The music is boring and never changes. Wait for this one to hit the bargain bin -which should be pretty soon.
  3. Dec 2, 2013
    Worst designs on the psp get the ps1 version. When I played it I was little and I didn't notice the design flaws just like lost frontier and sly 4 has ugly designs this game is them combined.

#35 Most Discussed PSP Game of 2005
#8 Most Shared PSP Game of 2005

While it was a decent games for the PSOne, especially popular with the kiddies, it seems a waste of the PSP.
  2. The only major problem with Ape Escape is it doesn't really offer a thrilling gameplay experience. Much like the original, it lacks that all important "wow" factor.
  3. The finely tuned control that made the first game such a hit seems to have been lost in translation, but the game still has considerable charm.