• Publisher: Konami
  • Release Date: Oct 23, 2007
8.0

1. Oct 10, 2014
    Castlevanai The Dracula X Chronicles is an amazing remake. First off not only do you get an awesome remake but two equally amazing games. (those being Castlevania Rondo of blood and Castlevania symphony of the night)

Presentaion: Dracula X chronicles is a 2.5D remake of Castlevania Rondo of blood. Now I will say this is a very detailed game it looks very gothic and castlevania-ish. But the visuals can be mussy at points and out right **** at times (by that I mean in one area in The Graveyard stage if you play this game youll know what I mean) overall a good looking game but it doesn't pop like the original.

Gameplay: Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles is classic 2-d castlevania action at its finest. This is considered a CLASSIC Castlevania game but its also pretty nonlinear. Each level has two to three ways to beat it each having its own boss. There's about 14 stages to whip your way through. You can also play as another character that plays completely different to Richter our main hero. Maria Renard has doves as her main weapon shes can throw two at a time and they act as boomerangs. She has two slide abilities and a double jump and her subweapon animal buddices CAN **** **** UP. Though she's a glass cannon be careful with her.

Plot: A group of cultists lead by the evil Priest Shaft resurrect count Dracula. Knowing that a Belmont is on his way to reck his **** up Dracula immedietley sets his plan into motion and attacks Richter's home town and kindaps his girlfriend Annete and her sister Maria Renard. Now not only does Ricther need to rescue his girlfriend but because of his.. DIVINE BLOODLINE he must defeat Dracula.

Music.OH MY ****ING GOD THE ****ING SOUNDTRACK THE ****ING SOUDTRACK THE ****ING SOUNDTRACK. IS AMAZING. One of if not the best Castlevania soundtrack of all ****ing time. Songs such as "Cross a Fear", "Slash", and "Beginning" (or Dreams of Triumph as this game calls it) make an amzing return. The soundtrack is fast paced fully orchestral and overall some of the best videogame music of all time BARNONE.

FinalThoughts: I love this game theres 3 whole games here. Multiple pathways, Time attack, a co-op bossrush, ****ing excellent music and good graphics. I will say the PCENGINE version of ROB handles better but that's just me. If you own a Psp and don't have this game GET IT
  2. Mar 19, 2015
    New players will be thrown back by how simple the controls are. You can't make him whip in any direction, only forward. This Castlevania is laggy and too punishing once you start into it. I wish they had made this more fluid and faster, but they were really strict to make it like an NES game. The music is excellent. There are also some fun animations / dialogue that don't ruin the game.New players will be thrown back by how simple the controls are. You can't make him whip in any direction, only forward. This Castlevania is laggy and too punishing once you start into it. I wish they had made this more fluid and faster, but they were really strict to make it like an NES game. The music is excellent. There are also some fun animations / dialogue that don't ruin the game. They had an oppurtunity to make a new game but they copied the old ones. I'm not going to recommend this one unless you already like Castlevania, and then probably only the NES or Genesis ones. Expand
  3. Mar 31, 2012
    A nice remake of Rondo of Blood, it looks so much prettier. It kept the same difficult-as-hell gameplay while also sticking to the storyline. The best part? You can unlock the original Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night. I was super stoked when I found out this little gem. Now that's what I mostly use this game for anymore, but all-in-all still great.

1. As a reinvented version of a 16-bit game, this looks quite nice on the PSP's sharp display, but it plays like nobody's greased the machinery since its original 1993 release. [Oct 2007, p.127]
  2. Given the obscurity of the original PC engine origins and all the extras that play to true fans, Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles is an esoteric gem. [Oct 2007, p.92]
  3. Classic "Rondo" alone would be a great budget title for virgin Western audiences; adding a remake and "Symphony" turns this into a no-brainer. [Nov 2007, p.120]