• Publisher: Atlus
  • Release Date: Jun 9, 2009
7.1

1. Oct 26, 2013
    At first I was excited,this game was in a very small niche of RPGs I love (School-themed RPGs).I started to create my character (A bit disappointing,as I love the story school-themed RPGs seem to offer) but I carried on,creating my full party.
    The first thing I noticed was the annoying class system,there should have been a option to quickly select a possible class without doing a lot of
    math in my head,but the writing and art kept me playing.
    Once I entered the first dungeon and had my first battle,I just had to put the game down,the battle system was confusing,it was hard to keep track of who got hit and who needed healing,the battle also went on forever,almost 3 minutes for the first encounter..
    After I finished it I assumed I needed to buy the better equipment,but the store weapons/armor where extremely expensive.
    As a whole,this game is basically a Bards tale meets Magical starsign.
    This game only really suffers from "ATLUS" syndrome,they make a totally unremarkable RPG,add a special gimmick and then make it extremely tedious and hard to make it seem like the game is original.

If you've been aching for a hardcore RPG experience on the PSP, go to class. [Apr 2009, p.83]
  2. Niche-dwelling masochists will thrive on mastering the murky depths of Heroes, but everyone else should throw a smoke bomb and run away. [July 2009, p.83]
    Class of Heroes is about the gameplay, though, not the story or visuals or sound, and it triumphs magnificently.