Dead or Alive Paradise PSP

• Publisher: Tecmo
  • Release Date: Mar 30, 2010
5.2

1. Dec 20, 2012
    Yeah, that's right, I actually played this game, what can I say curiosity got the better of me. I'm surprised to say there's actually fun to be had with it, and not just the creepy kind. Aside from the obvious pervert appeal this is actually a volleyball game, and a pretty dang good one at that! All you really do in this game is pick a girl in a skimpy bikini and go on a two week vacation,Yeah, that's right, I actually played this game, what can I say curiosity got the better of me. I'm surprised to say there's actually fun to be had with it, and not just the creepy kind. Aside from the obvious pervert appeal this is actually a volleyball game, and a pretty dang good one at that! All you really do in this game is pick a girl in a skimpy bikini and go on a two week vacation, where you can play volleyball, mini-games, make friends, and collect swimsuits. As far as the mini-games go there's pool hopping which takes some getting used to and once you get the hang of it you'll probably be done with it, gambling in the hotel's casino which is a lot of fun since you can play blackjack, poker, and slots. There's also some other lackluster unlockable mini-games, and a mode where all you do is take pictures of your girl, which isn't the least bit sexy, but actually rather humorous do to the bouncing boobs that you've no doubt have heard this game has look like wiggling creatures with minds of their own. But those modes aren't worth mentioning and the real fun you'll have with the game outside of the casino is the volleyball which is really well done, a lot of fun, and surprisingly deep. Volleyball and gambling are where this game succeeds that's for sure, in order to play volleyball with the other girls is to make friends with them by giving them gifts they'll like with the right color wrapping paper and at the right time. So in the end do I recommend Dead or Alive Paradise? If your a fan of volleyball and gambling yes. It's just a shame that the rest of the game, outside of volleyball and the casino, is either mediocre or just plain bad. Expand
  2. Sep 28, 2012
    Well probably soon Tecmo could possibly transfer the XBOX DOA Xtreme franchise 1 and 2 transported to the PS3 as well. Well I agree with the critics a little bit, sometime it wasn't meant to feel the same way as what the fans want in a Dead or Alive game. I don't have a Playstation Vita yet, but hopefully I'll play Paradise. I still love the DOA girls, all they wanna do is have some fun.
  3. May 15, 2011
    Dumb, retarded, and everything in between. DOAP has reached a new level in pathetic as all you do is volleyball, and blackjack. the photo mini game is creepy, and the "boob physics" (Why did I just say that) make me want to throw up. I dont even own the game and I hate it! DO NOT PLAY!!! It will burn your eyes!
  4. Sep 3, 2010
    a game that is based on your love for the DOA girls mixed with how much you like volleyball . i use to play in tourneys so i love me my volleyball . i dont care much for the dress up part with the girls but the volley ball is pretty solid although still has the same camera issue's it would be nice if the camera was adjustable to differnt views and they had some tourney style play . this isa game that is based on your love for the DOA girls mixed with how much you like volleyball . i use to play in tourneys so i love me my volleyball . i dont care much for the dress up part with the girls but the volley ball is pretty solid although still has the same camera issue's it would be nice if the camera was adjustable to differnt views and they had some tourney style play . this is basically a direct port of DOAX2 for the 360 with things taken out instead of added minus they did add one new girl . there are no new swim suites from what ive seen so if your into collecting all that and where hoping for new stuff you can forget it unlessed i missed them. the graphics for the PSP are actaully pretty good minus the girls do have alittle jaggy look . its only 29.99 new but since the reviews wernt good i waited to get it cheaper and have already gotten a copy of it on ebay new for $15 . which after playing it is about the right price. they removed the water slide and jet ski racing and online play. which didnt care much for the water slide but the jet ski's were kinda fun and i guess no one played the first one online any way because the servers sucked so bad. so if you are a fan of DOAX 1 amd 2 you will probubly enjoy this as long as you are not expecting any thing new. Expand
  5. Oct 21, 2013
    The in-game economy is pretty fun, the poker games are the best games on there, the rest are really fickle. It's an okay game if you don't take it seriously, it's a video game calm down liberals.

1. This incredibly boring, unimaginative voyeurism safari for PSP is the low point of the DoA-Franchise. It seems that Tecmo simply wanted to design a look-at-boobies simulator – and even that doesn't work because the graphics are astonishingly bad. The only special thing about Paradise is that it makes you want to wash your eyes.
    Dead or Alive Paradise is a poorly conceived, undersized grouping of mini-games that aren't aided by the visuals' ability to sell the characters' sex appeal.
  3. Dead or Alive has never been so far away from anything that has to do with a Paradise. This game's basically a port from the Xtreme spin-off that gamers received on Xbox 360 a few years ago, with the inclusion of some stupid flirting-sim, tons of objects and not-very-interesting minigames that will only find success with the die-hard fans of the series. Forget about it if you want to have some real fun with your PSP.