FIFA Soccer PSP

7.7

1. JohnP
    May 16, 2005
    Ivan Y....there is no need to swear, I think you must have never played the game and are in fact just being a silly billy...the Game is Brilliant, I am currently playing my local team Brighton Hove Albion...Basically, I can't put it down...I have Tiger Woods, Ridge Racer, Twisted Metal, Untold Leg and more...yet they are gathering dust....BRILLIANT
  2. Seanman78nope
    Mar 1, 2005
    Unlimited fun for every soccor fan.
  3. P
    Apr 27, 2005
    It's a good game overall -- that was rushed to finish. As a result some pieces of it are sloppy. EA has a habit of doing this. The graphics are nice, but they flicker like mad in the cut scenes. The gameplay is also slow. It stutters too much. If you take a shot and it misses, the psp seems to stall wait. Its loading the goal kick scene. That's another complaint -- no way to It's a good game overall -- that was rushed to finish. As a result some pieces of it are sloppy. EA has a habit of doing this. The graphics are nice, but they flicker like mad in the cut scenes. The gameplay is also slow. It stutters too much. If you take a shot and it misses, the psp seems to stall wait. Its loading the goal kick scene. That's another complaint -- no way to turn off the cut scenes. I just want to play a little soccer, I don't want the cut scene crap. If I was EA, continually shipping software that isn't ready for prime time, I would drop the initial price -- and hit us up for an upgrade via the internet for $10 bucks. They should study how Bungie is handling this for Halo2. Overall, its nice to see soccer on the psp -- its playable, but not much fun when it stalls. Patience is key here. Expand
  4. RobW.
    Apr 28, 2005
    Good for a handheld-but a portable Winning Eleven/Pro Evolution Soccer would kick it's arse.
  5. IvanY.
    May 10, 2005
    itz pratically like sh!t... the controls are so bad , the loading time is so slow... wth . This is the WORST game i ever bought out of my 17 games.
  6. Karlmarx
    May 16, 2005
    Quite how a game gets an inflated score simply because it is on a handheld is beyond me. If anything the hanheld version is worse than the console versions because of the poor controls compared to the PS2 pad. If this was on a console it would be deep in the red score bracket.
  7. KarlM.
    May 26, 2005
    In response to Woody. Making a "near clone" of a PS2 game that did not have great graphics in the first place hardly amounts to a great gaming achievement. In 5 years when PSP graphics are in mobile phones (cell phones if your American) I can't see myself reflecting on this as being one of the great PSP games that defined a moment in gaming history. I would much rather, if developers In response to Woody. Making a "near clone" of a PS2 game that did not have great graphics in the first place hardly amounts to a great gaming achievement. In 5 years when PSP graphics are in mobile phones (cell phones if your American) I can't see myself reflecting on this as being one of the great PSP games that defined a moment in gaming history. I would much rather, if developers really must port games to handheld's that they at least start with good games in their own right. If they ever make a PSP PE 4 or 5 then this game will soon start to gather dust on your shelves. Preferably however start developing original games for the handhelds instead of taking the easy route of porting unoriginal games and sequels. Expand
  8. EvanZ.
    Aug 2, 2005
    This game is ok not the best ive seen from the psp games but the controls are great.
  9. MervV.
    Sep 26, 2005
    Good game ez to learn but teams are out of date now roll on pro evolution.
  10. MechyslavP.
    Oct 15, 2005
    Awesome game.
  11. IanM.
    Mar 18, 2005
    What a wicked game. Truly one of the best ports to PSP yet, they managed to bring along all the big features from the console experience such as season play, Great commentary and sound. As well as some features that are found only on the PSP platform. A must buy!
  12. StefanR.
    Apr 26, 2005
    Some awsome graphics for the psp. Could not believe how amazing they are. Every one that even likes soccer a little bit must have this game.
    May 23, 2005
    A solid title, not without flaws though. Cutscenes are undone and pretty much unnecessary for a handheld, commentaries are late sometimes, some passing problems and such, menus are underdeveloped (have to go to different menus to see all players statistics). RUSHED TITLE, but still good.
  14. Angus78E.
    May 4, 2005
    GREAT SOCCER GAME, with really easy controlls, i don't understand why a lot of sites complained about the controlls. this game has everything a soccer fan can crave for.
  15. SegioG.
    Jun 13, 2005
    This game has great grafics and is easy to control plus it's fun.
  16. EricF.
    Jun 8, 2005
    One of the best sports games out for the psp.
  17. Woody
    May 19, 2005
    Well, Karl, it gets a good score on the handheld because they've managed to create a near clone of the console version on a handheld. Yes, the first touch controls are not on a second analogue stick .. But it only has one analogue stick! This is the game i keep coming back to. I didn't think i'd touch the season mode but i find myself running through seasons trying to topWell, Karl, it gets a good score on the handheld because they've managed to create a near clone of the console version on a handheld. Yes, the first touch controls are not on a second analogue stick .. But it only has one analogue stick! This is the game i keep coming back to. I didn't think i'd touch the season mode but i find myself running through seasons trying to top the league. A must-have PSP game. Expand
  18. E.P.
    Aug 24, 2005
    It's probably the best soccer game you'll find on ANY handheld so you can't expect something that you play on the consoles.

#16 Most Discussed PSP Game of 2005
#8 Most Shared PSP Game of 2005

The polish wears bit thin in the control department, but soccer fans will find plenty of meat to chew on here.
  2. We're floored by the effort; if EA Sports can fix a few minor niggles and implement ongoing audiovisual upgrades, we expect big things from the series.
  3. Electronic Gaming Monthly
    There's no franchise mode, but I'll swap wireless multiplay for that any day. [May 2005, p.96]